opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Nov-Dec 2006
User Name
Password
Old 12-06-2006, 10:30 AM   #1
Stealth Bomber

Bincount™: 37
2006/12/16 - Athens, GRC - Olympic Fencing Hall

SETLIST --

Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!

"Does this person ever post or is he a waste of space?" - fuckBrokers
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-20-2006, 08:04 AM   #2
xyu
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3
Re: 2006/12/16 - Athens, GRC - Olympic Fencing Hall

Tool's first concert in Greece, and what a great time we had. I have no intension to give this concert a bad review so don't ask me.Yes there were good things and there were bad things, but bad things are past while good things are memories. So, the set list. I hope I won't make any mistake.

Stinkfist, 46+2, Jambi, Schism, Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned, Wings for Marie/10.000 Days, Lateralus, Vicarious, Aenema

That makes it one song less than previous set list :(

Ok, I have to mention this one. I agree with that guy that said that Rosetta Stoned seems to take forever at live and it's pretty boring
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-20-2006, 08:05 AM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

this is what I wrote the next morning

Setlist
1.Stinkfist
2.46 & 2
3.Jambi
4.Schism
5.Lost keys/Rosseta stoned
6.Wings for Marie, pt 1
7.10000 days
8.Lateralus
9.Vicarious
10.Aenema

I’ve got some good and some bad news...

The good news is tool.. they were fantastic!!
they seemed really excited to play and had this strange energy as a whole,it was really incredible to watch them create their powerful music live..
maynard at some point said something like :this is the last show of the year and you are going to see that... and there were some nice surprises.. after 10000 days(which by the way was truly amazing,maybe the best part of the concert for me, with the laser show and all)they took a small set of drums and a second guitar and Mastodon came on stage!!(actually only three of them) and started to play lateralus with two guitars and two drum sets and some point justin gave his bass to mastodons bassist and maynard(he was wearing his mask at that time) gave a microphone to mastodons guitarist...and when the finished playing lateralus maynard said:"now get the fuck out of here"The other think they did was while playing vicarious suddently they stopped so i though that they had some kind of technical problem...no...they all gathered in front of dannys drum set and two guys from the support team wearing white robes brought them four wineglasses filled with red wine and they made some kind of proposition and drunk it!!it was funny as hell!!and they went on to play vicarious from where they left it..the other thing i really liked was how during the break after roseta stoned the sat all together in the center of the stage and justin was holding his lighter up and after they finished playing aenema how they all made a group hug and waved us goodbye, especially danny with his big smile..

and now the bad news...
the hall cound't have been worse...the sound was fucking awful. at first i was about fourth row and when stinkist started couldn't hear maynard at all! so i said shit maybe i am too much in front so i went further back but the sound didn't get any better... tool of course are not to blame for this, the hall was absolutely unsuitable for a concert. it was a huge empty warehouse-like space with metal ceiling and walls which created and echo and completely buried maynards voice and made the rest of the band sound..at many times it was as if noone was singing but you could see maynard giving his heart on stage.. which brings as to another problem beside the sound this hall had. i am 1.90 and could see the stage(although not always easily) but most must have had a great difficulty in doing so especially those standing in the back(there were no seats).the hall was completely flat and the stage was very low.
shit!!i was so sad and angry after the show..tool was giving its best self on stage and we couldn’t enjoy it because the stupid fu*** who organized this and charged 52euro on presale and 60 at the same day showed no respect for us and treated us like animals..i don't want to sound too miserable but i was expecting this for too long to have it ruined by the typical greek sloppiness and lack of professionalism..

Anyway all in all i am happy to have seen tool perform live..it was truly an amazing experience but it kills me to know that it could have been sooooo much better....maybe next time it will be better..
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-20-2006, 09:06 AM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

Tool where great.
Best concert i've ever been on.
I thought after seening them i wouldn't stop talking about it,but after the show every one was quiet...like we all had shellshock...

Here is the setlist:

STINKFIST
46&2
JAMBI
SCHISM
WINGS PT.1
10,000 DAYS PT.2
LOST KEYS
ROSETTA STONED
LATERALUS
VICARIOUS
AENEMA

The performance was great.
The sound was 6/10
There where no mistakes on behalf of the band.
High light:STINKFIST & VICARIOUS
low light:LOST KEYS
personal high light:LOST KEYS and SCHISM.

Things that anoyed:
-peapole smoking grass
-peapole shouting the lyrics wrong next to me (shouting-not singing)
-the body guards spraying water on me...even though i did not take any pictures.

http://stashbox.org/7632/tool jas.JPG
I will posted a drawing of my impression of the concert here soon. :)

Last edited by TEST; 12-20-2006 at 09:11 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-20-2006, 09:40 AM   #5
Level 3 - Talker

Best moment of the gig imo was the performance of "Lateralis". It was out of this planet!Mastodon on stage, 2 guitars, 2 drum sets...WOW! The sound was so fucking heavy.Maynard gave the mic to the singer of Mastodon when the "With my feet upon the ground..." part came on.
The song lasted around 15-17min.Both bands were jamming after the middle section of the song and they wouldn't stop.What a magic moment that was, with "Lateralis" being my favorite TooL song and all....you get the drift!

In general, the gig was fantastic.The band was in good spirit and you could see that on stage.It is a wonderful experience to be able to see these great musicians to perform live.Danny was absolutely amazing.His has this calm expression when he plays that is beautiful....

Maynard when he did his "good news,bad news" thing said:
The good news is we're playing for the first time in Greece. Also this is the last gig of the tour,so u get to see that as well.The bas news is....there are no bad news!"

Amusing fact:There were announcements before they came out about not smoking and not taking pictures etc. and the crowd REALLY booed them, in a typical greek fashion...!

It was the second time i saw them in one week (first being in Paris on 10.12).That was a dream i waited too long to make true.Now that it happened i can't wait to see them again live.I just hope i will have that chance in the future...

P.S.:Anyone knows if they've actually played an extended "Lateralis" live like the one we experienced before or was it a first?Perhaps it had to do with the fact that it was the last gig of the tour, so they thought "what the fuck! why not?"....or i'm just daydreaming!

Last edited by TheFugue; 12-20-2006 at 09:45 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-20-2006, 01:52 PM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

Question A: RUINING A CONCERT (AN ARTWORK) ISN'T AN ACT OF VANDALISM?
Question B: ARE THERE ANY LAWS ABOUT VANDALISM IN GREECE?
Question C: WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS DISGRACEFUL CONCERT?

Since it was their first time in Greece, we were kind of anxious just to see them and to hell with the sound, the lights, the effects etc. But four days later, after having this unbelievable out-of-body experience with them, the fact that the sound was weak and the venue was any fan's worst nightmare makes me feel more angry than astonished by the gig.

They couldn't find any worse place to have this concert. We were thrown to a kind of a plane hangar on Athens old airport like animals, without visual contact with the band (the guy speaking is 188cm tall!), running from one side to the other to find a tolerable level of sound and match our expectations with the thing that's happening.
A total disgrace. We cheered on Mastodon so loud like we were sorry for this terrible joke we made them. Poor guys, they were so full of energy. They sure will make it high.

But Tool were just over any expectation. We knew the playlist, we knew what would happen and it happened just perfect. I got paranoid. What should I do now? I can't go to any concert after this. I found the end of music. Tool is the end of music as I know it. Shit! I am ruined. And so on. I am better now. It will pass.

They smashed our brains, getting help from the place's unstable structure; we thought it would be some kind of an earthquake there. God bless, Justin didn't make it. It was like 10,000 basses playing together. We learnt a few new kung-fu moves the times we managed to see what was happening on the stage.

Until Rosetta. After this, I do not remember anything. Something died inside of me. My common sense of music played live will never be the same. It was the best thing I've heard in my life and all the lives I've had before.
And, you know, I have a little confession to make. I was chosen to get the message and bring it to you all. Me, the chosen one. You believe me, don't you? Please believe what I'm saying. I can't breathe now. But this shit never happens to me. They chose me. But I forgot my pen.

Don't know Won't know

Last edited by Aurelio; 12-20-2006 at 01:55 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-20-2006, 01:59 PM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

1st tool show for me,here is a review:
first of all the security guys SUCKED.they thoroughly checked everyone and some people(actually near the half of them)missed mastodon.worst of all they poured water to anyone who took pictures with cameras.mastodon's sound was very bad and i found myself struggling to hear the guitars at times.they played surely these:
crystal skull
the wolf is loose
this mortal soil
capillarian crest
colony of birchmen
megalodon
hearts alive
hearts alive sounded great and showed their potential in spite of the shitty sound
And then came tool.they kicked off with stinkfist an obvious crowd pleaser but you could hardly hear mjk.46&2 rocked,especially danny'solo.jambi sounds way better live and of course the highlight was adam's talkbox solo.really amazing!!!schism-another crowd pleaser-was performed great and maynard let the audience sing a part.lost keys was interesting whereas rosetta stoned propably the weakiest moment of the night.after the break,they started playing wings of marie/10000 days.that would be the most emotional part of the show.it's magical to experience it live and combined with the impressive visuals really feels great.lateralus was easily the best moment.it was never my favorite tool song but live it was something different plus the guest appearance of all mastodon members in an extended version.vicarious was another great moment an mjk let the crowd sing in the end.in the middle of the song they stopped playing and opened a bottle of red wine,made a toast and tasted it.a very personal moment indeed.they closed with aenema in a flawless performance.
maynard was in good spirits.he appeared with his orange jacket but after the first song he got rid of it.during vicarious he wore his gas mask too.
maynardisms:"introductions.justin chancellor,danny carey,maynard keenan,adam jones"."we have good news and bad news:the good news is that this is our first show in greece and last for the tour.the bad news is ...there is no bad news"."shut up"to the crowd shouting.During lateralus he let brent hinds from mastodon sing and he sat behind him doing devilhorns with his fingers.really funny.when lateralus finished and mastodon were leaving the stage he said:"mastodon.thanks.now get the fuck out".During the toast he raises his glass to the audience and said:"one for the homies/homos".finally before aenema he said something about the surprise of a kinder egg.
danny was in great shape and at times i couldn't stop looking at him.he wore a clippers jersey-i thought he was a lakers fan.justin was as always rocking out and adam stood still playing his guitar in his classic style.
all in all great concert,but the shitty venue ruined part of it.i hope next time i get to see them-in a good venue overboards-i'll be completely satisfied.
peace out
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-21-2006, 07:18 AM   #8
Level 3 - Talker

* this is my review posted also in OPINION

well .. TOOL in Athens ..
that was a nice thing to kn0w 3 months ago .. and just 3 months after i first saw them last June in Milan...

well lot of things have been said about this gig here after last Saturday ...
there is a TOOL orgasm taking place in diferent forums .
so i guess i have to clear first a think ...
this that follows is MY opinion and it only has to do with my experience but i'll try to post the facts as they really took place last Saturday.

Fencing Hall : the place is for sure not recomended for any concerts .. we have seen others in the past there and we knew what was coming. the place used to be a GARAGE for the airoplanes (the area is the old Athens international airport) so just imagine of a huge place with a stage placed inside. Big Star Promotion (aka DIDI music) earned a LOT without giving nothing. there are some infos flowing Round that TOOL asked for this venue just bcause there would be fresh air inside. well not to forgot that the HUGGEEEEE door was open and everyone was freezing. i think that we should rename the place to .. Arktic F Hall (f= Fuckin ). After that you should be a basketball player or a giant if you wanted to see anything that was happening there. there is only one word that is suitable for the place ... SUCKED !! i was really desapointed but i couldn't do anything about that but. so i waited there to see what was coming.

SOUND: the sound was far too good in comparison with the gig in Milan. i have earlier talked to a friend that was workin as a sound assistant there , so i new that i should be standing in front the sound engineering booth or behind it. and this is what i did... At Mastodon i was in the pit just infront and when TOOL came on stage i went at the back just bcause i wanted also to be able to see. The sound as i said it was GOOD enough for TOOL maybe even more than what i was expecting for. The bass was full ..i could hear Maynard loud and clear and it's only the mistakes that the band did that ruined sometimes the sound.Well i do believe that as for the sound we took the best we could in this place, maybe even better . (IMO)

Mastodon: Am not into Mastodon at all ..so i can't say anything about them. The sound was a mess. and this is not a fault of the place or whatever. they had the same speakers as TOOL , the same console so i guess it was their sound engine guy who did it.. well ..fuck em...i give a shit about them anyway..

TOOL: .... TOOL on stage again infront my "not able to see anything" eyes!!! soon i realised that all my efforts to be somewhere that i could at least see them weren't enough, so i compromised my self of watching the higher prt of the stage and maybe from time to time if i was lucky enough the band also. i closed my eyes and turned my head up and just stayed there listening to them. as i said the sound was good enough for me and everyone else beside me...
If the venue was better i could say that this was THE BEST CONCERT of 06 for me. The sound was everywhere taking us into TOOL's spiritual paths like 3 months ago in Milan. Although this was much better emotionally speaking for me and the sound was far better than in Milan.
And then came the laser/light show. This thing was fuckin breathtaking ..... under the sounds of Wings ... well it totally blowed my mind away...
Highlights were for sure WINGS .... Lateralus (14 mins!!!!) with Mastodon on stage .. AENIMA was far the best.
As for the guys... Justin and Carey were fuckin rocking and it's so pity that i didn't have good eye contact with them. Adam as usually was playing like a demon although he did some mistakes (!) .. and Maynard... well what can i say about him... He wasn't at his best but when this guy sings is like nothing else.
I really nJoyed them ... no matter what others are saying they fucked my mind for good this time, even under these problems (venue etc).
WELL DONE GUYS !!!

well ... what can i say ... it depence of what you was expecting 4... i know that it could be under better circumstances but i think that in comparison with the one i saw in Milan...this show was fuckin PERFECT 4 me.

TOOL on soundchecking: well ... Maynard is a really asshole... he always have his bodyguard with even when he walks to the toilet. When he is soundchecking he doesn't want anyone beeing in his sight. What da fuck ... This Britney Spears behaviour is so annoying ... .. and still wondering ...where are the "preaching" early years of his??? where is the communication with the crowd that i was used in by watching dowloaded videos ?? he's living the AMERICAN DREAM guys ...face him as a mortal bcause that's all he is.... and don't expect anything else from him...
i do believe in the rest of the band though!!!

PS. i'd like to thank my Turkish friends Erdam, Didem, Mercan for making this gig even better.. it was so nice having you there guys.
hope you nJoyed it as much as we did.

well ..that's it... hopping for one more gig somewhere ...

OH! and something else... FUCK YOU all miserable monkeys that spreading yr negative vibes to the experience we faced ... :))))

and i Will tell NO lies ...

Last edited by iQfish; 12-21-2006 at 07:31 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-21-2006, 07:26 AM   #9
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEST View Post

Things that anoyed:
-peapole smoking grass
-peapole shouting the lyrics wrong next to me (shouting-not singing)
-the body guards spraying water on me...even though i did not take any pictures.
man ... have you ever been in a "non smoking grass" gig ??? after all is it so anoying getting high???

and people always singing-shouting to gigs... you could go at the opera instead ...

here is the a video we shooted there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg05sA8KH-s (Wings prt1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe5wV6JG2pU (Wings prt2)

nJoy ... more to come ..

and i Will tell NO lies ...

Last edited by iQfish; 12-21-2006 at 08:19 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-21-2006, 08:21 AM   #10
Level 3 - Talker

5 f***ing nights after the concert, and still I find myself anable to write a review, as it can be told! I find doctor's feelings near close to mine, but surely it is very very difficult to describe them. The only thig I want to say is, that the day after I didn't go to the hotel they were stayed, 'cause I wanted to stay with those images last night. Thank you Maynard, thank you Danny, thank you Adam, thank you Justin, thank God ... Hope to see you in summer guys ...
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-21-2006, 10:47 AM   #11
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by iQfish View Post
man ... have you ever been in a "non smoking grass" gig ??? after all is it so anoying getting high???

and people always singing-shouting to gigs... you could go at the opera instead ...

Yes-it is anoying trying to enjoy your fav band completly sober and non-high and some on smokes a fvcking joint in your face...Why would i want to watch tool high and percept them wrongly?

but about the shouting-your right...you cant stop the karaoke :)))
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-21-2006, 01:42 PM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

It was a step forward, the best human experience.
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-21-2006, 04:55 PM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

After reading all of the reviews since May, finally I can post an "I was there!!" review:)
So, almost everything has already been written about this incredible experience (I definitely cannot call this just a concert), I just want to add some personal comments.

We traveled from Istanbul to Athens just for Tool, and had to struggle so hard to get visa and arrange everything about this trip. But it was worth every second, this was truly the best concert I’ve ever been to, and much better than my first time seeing them in Vienna last June. In Vienna I was at the 3rd row, saw the stage perfectly but all the crowdsurfing and stuff destroyed the whole experience. So I decided to stay at the back in Athens. Mistake? Well, not really..

Yes, the venue sucked, and it sucked that many people could not see the stage very well. But I have never seen the crowd at the back rows getting such a beautiful reward before! Yes, I’m talking about the lasers.. I was so happy that I was there, behind FOH, beneath that magical green cage, getting to see all the glory of lasers, with a perfect sound, without squeezing and with the ability to move. Another great thing about being at the back was that, I was able to hear that amazing Greek chorus of 10.000 fans, singing along to every song perfectly. No one was shouting right behind my ear, so I could hear Maynard perfectly as well. That really sent shivers down my spine, you were just great, Greeks!!

Wings were definitely the highlight of the gig for me. It was sad to see a girl right next to me collapsed when 10.000 days was over. Security came to take her, hope she is OK. Ænema was another highlight; the energy on that song was just great.

It was also really nice that there were many fans coming from abroad, I met some other Turks and also people from Israel. I’m sure there were many others. The vibe was just excellent, thousands of fans from different countries gathering for Tool…

This was my first time in Greece, and I just LOVED it! Listening to Wings the next day at the top of Acropolis was a unique experience that I will always remember.
Thanks to this forum, I met Greek Tool fans, sotos, iQfish and his friends, who were very helpful and they made this experience and the whole Athens trip much better. Thank you so much guys, for your friendliness, hospitality, and everything else!
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-22-2006, 01:28 AM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

Same here buddy ;)
I had to plan the concert 2 months in advance and had to work all summer in france and save money-even though i didn't had any info then that tool where coming in greece,i just saved money based on my sixed sence that told me "TooL will come,my child".
Those where the best 120 euros i've ever spent
And i would spend them again if they came. :)
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-22-2006, 10:19 AM   #15
Level 2 - Poster

front row

facing maynard

dream came true
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-22-2006, 03:01 PM   #16
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I agree with nearly everything the above mates said.
I was my first live Tool concert and I still can't get used to this feeling... you know... becoming one with the band, givin both body and mind to the music.... a haunting experience....

But, and don't call me an elitist or a "racist", I was kinda dissapointed with a wide number of the crowd, concerning its behaviour... I mean, me and my friends were some of the nearly-nobodies that used to bounce and headbang etc etc when needed (in the more "uplifting" or groovy parts, you know), but everyone around us was like, "Geez, calm down!!! There are civilized people here that want to enjoy the show!".
As if we're animals...
Maybe they wanted to go into the Dakis concert next to the Tool's one and missed their way...

-McCoy follower since forever.
"Pray for Leviathan, pray for me"
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-22-2006, 04:41 PM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

Well said JudasChrist...Couldn't agree more...Although I doubt if every reader here will get your last comment..hahahaha..

It is true that you could see all kinds of people in there, which in a sense, is pretty cool..Goth-vamp chicks, metalheads, all kinds of rockers, teenagers and even some elderly(probably waiting for their sons/ daughters / grandchildren after the concert has ended).Of course there is nothing wrong with it..Sometimes it gets annoying though, because this kind of crowd diversity can cause serious misbehaviour problems, at least as seen by the rest..Anyway..

- The shitty venue (by far the worst I've been to)
- No "Undertow" song

+ Wings, 10000 days, Jambi, Aenema
+ The visuals and the laser show

The band was great once again..I only wish I was taller..My feet still ache because if Ι were to see, I had to stand on my toes..And that's what I did for about two hours..Can't wait for their next coming..Maybe then I'll be first row..

Cheers.
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-23-2006, 12:05 AM   #18
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdimitr View Post
Well said JudasChrist...Couldn't agree more...Although I doubt if every reader here will get your last comment..hahahaha..

It is true that you could see all kinds of people in there, which in a sense, is pretty cool..Goth-vamp chicks, metalheads, all kinds of rockers, teenagers and even some elderly(probably waiting for their sons/ daughters / grandchildren after the concert has ended).Of course there is nothing wrong with it..Sometimes it gets annoying though, because this kind of crowd diversity can cause serious misbehaviour problems, at least as seen by the rest..Anyway..

It's really hard to explain, how much different people came that night! I saw a family,50 smthg with its 3 children about 15,13,10!I recognize Alkinoos Ioannidis with his girtlfriend round, an actor (can't rememer him) from the old serial-sequel(xexe) LAMPSI by Foskolos, and somebody told me for someone else but i can't write his name 'cause I didn't see him, so do not bother him. I really believe that, the power of its concert and the whole story about this band is really really close to that, that Pink Floyd made just before 17 years ago!!! And just think about that the sound of this band isn't enough familiar even though to metal guys! It was a momentum and gorgeous night, so hard to forget any little moment of it! I will agree with a mate earlier that at the exit, I felt like it was the end of music ... Please, don't complain about they didn't perform songs from undertow or they played the more from 10000 days. I'm sure that if they play just one song only, I would have the same feelings!! Let's pray all of us to enjoy them again, and again in our country!!!
See you again filarakia...
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-23-2006, 06:51 AM   #19
Level 7 - Loquacious

I've been fantasizing since 14 years old about how tool where on stage...there where all kinds of rumors.After i saw almost every bootleg of tool of almost every tour i think it's safe to say that the aenima 96' tour was the best...i'm happy to see those heros live and i hope to see them AGAIN.

We'll see theme on the OTHER side :)
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-24-2006, 03:00 AM   #20
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panos() View Post
I recognize Alkinoos Ioannidis with his girtlfriend round
GEEZ!
Too bad Alkinoos Ioanidis isn't AT ALL influenced by the bands he likes...

OFFLINE |  
Old 12-24-2006, 05:44 PM   #21
Level 3 - Talker

Merry christmas ..
Kales giortes paidia, me ygeia k oti kalytero gia olous sas!
Kai mhn xa8oume. As deixoume pti h Toolmania edw stin ellada einai dynati kratwntas zwntano ayto to thread! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Pou eimastan re mages to perasmeno savvatovrado .............
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-25-2006, 03:49 AM   #22
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Simfono kai epafksano!
KALA fuckin XRISTOUGENNA se olous!
Kai na'maste artimeleis na doume tous Tool ksana re, se patria edafi (alla kato apo kaliteres sinthikes)

OFFLINE |  
Old 12-26-2006, 04:44 AM   #23
Level 4 - Thinker

Merry Xmas to Everybody!!! Im just another one from the Tool army who happened to witness the trip these amazing little Gods travelled us all through that night in the city of greatest hippie-triggers of ancient times, the city of Athens. Im not going to talk about the sound, or that one more track they ''owed' us, which everyone knows they should have given us, just for the fact that this very first time the band stepped on this land, people of Greece showed this literally speaking IDIETERO band ( especial is not the word enough) as was mentioned on stage before the band started to play, unlimited love, even the night before the show, in an ordinary rock bar deep down in a hole of Athens where everybody was hanging out with the boys from the band, drinking and simply celebrating this really great event!! everybody from that moment felt that the bond between the band and the people was greater than expected. Everybody was there, so i wont get deeper to the details.
I would like to finish my state saying that Tool is 100% the Pink Floyd of our times, with the difference of mentality and psychosynthesis of our generation. I think everybody would agree on that. Mixture of such power of inside world expression, amazing musical contrasts between the wrath, fire, negativity and psychedelism, ambience, tranquility, senstivity and space, words are so poor to describe, you just have to be there to experience these mixed up feelings. We all pray boys come visit us again soon, hopefully 2007 summer tour, we all will be praying for that to happen.....
Kala Xristougenna magkes, afou irthane ta paidia k egine tetoios xamos sth trypa pou mas xwsane, as pistepsoume oloi oti tha ksanaginei syntoma, se kalyteres synthikes, se megalytero xwro, kai akoma poio poly lao edw sthn Elladitsa mas! Ante ygeia se olous!!!!!
Old 12-27-2006, 07:18 AM   #24
Banned.

Bincount™: 10

party kyuss qotsa monster magnet klp sto alley cat

pempth 11.01

opoios 8elei na lamvanei enhmerwsh gia paremferh partakia

as steilei ena mail sto

[email protected]

geia sou detox

8ymamai ton jones kai xezw panw mou
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-29-2006, 03:40 AM   #25
Level 7 - Loquacious

So...
Here is my impression of the concert.
http://stashbox.org/8045/TooL (subliminal-live).jpg
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-29-2006, 05:40 AM   #26
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEST View Post
So...
Here is my impression of the concert.
http://stashbox.org/8045/TooL (subliminal-live).jpg

cool drawing man!!! what the head with israel star stand for though??
Old 12-29-2006, 07:02 AM   #27
Level 7 - Loquacious

THanx:)
It's not a israel star or a david star,or a salomon star or the heart cakra :)
It's a long story...But the guy with the hexagram on his head is god...watching.
I hope no one gets me wrong and thinks that this is a kabala drawing...i simply took that sign to reprisent godlyness :D
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-29-2006, 07:43 AM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

Visually it was the greatest show ive ever seen with more than 10000 people in the audience
The venue sucked though. I paid 52 euros for the worst place to see a rock n roll concert. it was like a huge tin can. Greek organizers suck balls
Hopefully i will see them again in summer on a outdoor festival

Some funny things happened when members of mastodon replaced Justin Chancellor and Adam Jones in Lateralus. That kinda pissed Maynard off he tried to mock the guitar player of Mastodon making him sing the song also and puting his 2 fingers over his head. At the end of the song they all hugged and Maynard said (Now Get the fuck Out) lol Typical Maynard

At Vicarius they stopped in the middle of the song to drink Maynard's wine
Cheers
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: