46 and 2
Schism
Rosetta stoned
Right in Two
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

this is the voice of original sin • take it. [attrition]

Last edited by paraflux; 05-02-2007 at 05:44 AM..
Old 04-27-2007, 09:44 AM   #1
t.d.n creator/presidenté

Bincount™: 116
2007/04/30 - Reno, NV - Event Center

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 and 2
Schism
Rosetta stoned
Right in Two
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

this is the voice of original sin • take it. [attrition]

Last edited by paraflux; 05-02-2007 at 05:44 AM..
OFFLINE |  
smwtcool's Avatar smwtcool
04-30-2007, 09:46 PM

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 and 2
Schism
Rosetta stoned
Right in Two
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus

Kinski opened

Someone rushed the stage at the end of wings 2 and Maynard stoped singing for the rest of the song. Didn't ruin it though, the wings duo was the highlight of the show!

Long melodic pause in the middle of Lateralus, a moment to 'feel the rhythm'

Danny sure looked to be okay... he fucking rocked the drums tonight.

That's all, I had fun, my favorite show thus far, thanks guys!
While the masses are a poor representation of his work, just because a person claims to follow the teachings of Christ does not necessarily strip him/her of intellectual merit. To claim such would be prejudice.

Last edited by smwtcool; 04-30-2007 at 09:51 PM..
Old 04-30-2007, 09:46 PM   #2
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/04/30 - Reno, NV - Event Center

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 and 2
Schism
Rosetta stoned
Right in Two
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus

Kinski opened

Someone rushed the stage at the end of wings 2 and Maynard stoped singing for the rest of the song. Didn't ruin it though, the wings duo was the highlight of the show!

While the masses are a poor representation of his work, just because a person claims to follow the teachings of Christ does not necessarily strip him/her of intellectual merit. To claim such would be prejudice.

Last edited by smwtcool; 04-30-2007 at 09:51 PM..
OFFLINE |  
enklined
04-30-2007, 09:57 PM

fucking badass show! i was in the back, sec 109...the sound was IN-FUCKING-CREDIBLE! by far the best i've ever heard at any concert, ever. DC was on! beatin the shit outta that kit. torn bicep has healed nicely, i'd say. sounded awesome!

the extended schism was killer, and the extended lateralus was a nice addition. hoped for extended stinkfist, but no-go.

nothing from opiate or undertow, but the show was still awesome. tired of typing on my phone, so i'll post more later.

EDIT: the opening band was horrible. bring back isis!
Money can buy a lot of things...for everything else, there's Tool.

Last edited by enklined; 05-01-2007 at 01:21 PM..
Old 04-30-2007, 09:57 PM   #3
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

fucking badass show! i was in the back, sec 109...the sound was IN-FUCKING-CREDIBLE! by far the best i've ever heard at any concert, ever. DC was on! beatin the shit outta that kit. torn bicep has healed nicely, i'd say. sounded awesome!

the extended schism was killer, and the extended lateralus was a nice addition. hoped for extended stinkfist, but no-go.

nothing from opiate or undertow, but the show was still awesome. tired of typing on my phone, so i'll post more later.

EDIT: the opening band was horrible. bring back isis!

Last edited by enklined; 05-01-2007 at 01:21 PM..
OFFLINE |  
s_jr's Avatar s_jr
04-30-2007, 10:07 PM

I didn't write this down as it was played, so from my (hazy) memory, which seems to be accurate from other posts:
Jambi
46&2
Stinkfist
Schism (with double-time)
Rosetta Stoned
Right in Two (!) with short Intension intro
Wings for Marie/10,000 Days
Lateralus (with Danny Carey drum solo in the middle)

This was my ~27th Tool show -- I'm starting to lose track... blame it on senility -- and I was blown away as usual. However, I do have some mixed feelings about this show. Of course I love Tool's music, and I try not to nitpick about shows, since I am always entertained. But this show left me wanting more: for the first 70 minutes, it had the potential to be one of the best shows I've *ever* seen. But then some asshole decided it would be a good idea to jump on stage about 20 seconds before Maynard sang "Judith Marie..." in 10,000 Days. Maynard did not sing the rest of the song, then skipped several lines in the next and last song of the show, Lateralus.

Overall, the energy Tool had during the show was amazing, and hearing Right in Two again was a very pleasant surprise. I think that song is so amazing live, that I wonder if they'll start closing with it someday... The comments I overheard while leaving the venue suggested most people were impressed with the show, so I'm probably being a bit critical, but losing Vicarious and Aenima (plus perhaps one of Sober/Swamp Song/The Pot) was unfortunate. Hopefully I'll catch them again at the end of the summer when/if they hit the west coast again! The sound was amazing at the Reno Events Center too.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:07 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

I didn't write this down as it was played, so from my (hazy) memory, which seems to be accurate from other posts:
Jambi
46&2
Stinkfist
Schism (with double-time)
Rosetta Stoned
Right in Two (!) with short Intension intro
Wings for Marie/10,000 Days
Lateralus (with Danny Carey drum solo in the middle)

This was my ~27th Tool show -- I'm starting to lose track... blame it on senility -- and I was blown away as usual. However, I do have some mixed feelings about this show. Of course I love Tool's music, and I try not to nitpick about shows, since I am always entertained. But this show left me wanting more: for the first 70 minutes, it had the potential to be one of the best shows I've *ever* seen. But then some asshole decided it would be a good idea to jump on stage about 20 seconds before Maynard sang "Judith Marie..." in 10,000 Days. Maynard did not sing the rest of the song, then skipped several lines in the next and last song of the show, Lateralus.

Overall, the energy Tool had during the show was amazing, and hearing Right in Two again was a very pleasant surprise. I think that song is so amazing live, that I wonder if they'll start closing with it someday... The comments I overheard while leaving the venue suggested most people were impressed with the show, so I'm probably being a bit critical, but losing Vicarious and Aenima (plus perhaps one of Sober/Swamp Song/The Pot) was unfortunate. Hopefully I'll catch them again at the end of the summer when/if they hit the west coast again! The sound was amazing at the Reno Events Center too.
OFFLINE |  
kaneandy
04-30-2007, 10:12 PM

Could the shortened setlist, being no Vicarious or Aenema be because of the guy rushing the stage??? And Maynard being concerned for his safety??? I hope they sing these at one or both of my San Diego Shows, I got floor seats for May 3rd...And good upper level for May2nd...I want a 12 song setlist from them again.... @_@
Old 04-30-2007, 10:12 PM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

Could the shortened setlist, being no Vicarious or Aenema be because of the guy rushing the stage??? And Maynard being concerned for his safety??? I hope they sing these at one or both of my San Diego Shows, I got floor seats for May 3rd...And good upper level for May2nd...I want a 12 song setlist from them again.... @_@
OFFLINE |  
Orion***
04-30-2007, 10:27 PM

It was my first time seeing them...and I was satisfied beyond belief.
Right in Two and Lateralus just rocked...and of course 10 000 Days.
I didn't like that person that jumped on stage...he obviously pissed Maynard off.
I pseudo candle light vigil was impressive, and the crowd was awesome...and respectful (except for that douche bag).
It is very true what people keep on saying...you go away wanting more, and wishing Maynard had strained his voice just a little more!
Old 04-30-2007, 10:27 PM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

It was my first time seeing them...and I was satisfied beyond belief.
Right in Two and Lateralus just rocked...and of course 10 000 Days.
I didn't like that person that jumped on stage...he obviously pissed Maynard off.
I pseudo candle light vigil was impressive, and the crowd was awesome...and respectful (except for that douche bag).
It is very true what people keep on saying...you go away wanting more, and wishing Maynard had strained his voice just a little more!
04-30-2007, 11:21 PM

This was my 9th Tool show. It certainly wasn't anywhere NEAR as ferocious as 9/2/2006 in Marysville, it being a warmup show, but I was prepared for that going in. This is Tool, there to have fun, KNOWING that things will go wrong, and just trying to have as much fun as possible. I felt really bad for Maynard, not being able to sing the way he's used to. I know what that's like, being a singer myself. It's not like a guitar or drumset. It's organic. So I forgive Maynard for not being able to sing a few choruses. It sounds like he's sick again. Damn that 10,ooo Days tour curse!

Overall, great energy, superb sound. The guys did their best to put on a great show, and did.

Now I'm ready for the warmed-UP tour!
Old 04-30-2007, 11:21 PM   #7
Level 3 - Talker

This was my 9th Tool show. It certainly wasn't anywhere NEAR as ferocious as 9/2/2006 in Marysville, it being a warmup show, but I was prepared for that going in. This is Tool, there to have fun, KNOWING that things will go wrong, and just trying to have as much fun as possible. I felt really bad for Maynard, not being able to sing the way he's used to. I know what that's like, being a singer myself. It's not like a guitar or drumset. It's organic. So I forgive Maynard for not being able to sing a few choruses. It sounds like he's sick again. Damn that 10,ooo Days tour curse!

Overall, great energy, superb sound. The guys did their best to put on a great show, and did.

Now I'm ready for the warmed-UP tour!
OFFLINE |  
dpalinsky
05-01-2007, 03:00 AM

My sixth tool show, the visuals were cool. I've never seen Tool in the states so it was a little different. The ahole who ran on stage ruined most of the remaining show. I Took my uncle to the show, he never heard of tool, he plays the blues in Reno. He was very impressed with the bands performance. A tell tell sign of Tools significance in our era. I don't think there is a limit on how many times I can see tool, except my wallet. Tickets are getting ridiculus.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:00 AM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

My sixth tool show, the visuals were cool. I've never seen Tool in the states so it was a little different. The ahole who ran on stage ruined most of the remaining show. I Took my uncle to the show, he never heard of tool, he plays the blues in Reno. He was very impressed with the bands performance. A tell tell sign of Tools significance in our era. I don't think there is a limit on how many times I can see tool, except my wallet. Tickets are getting ridiculus.
OFFLINE |  
Mattrogesis
05-01-2007, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smwtcool View Post
Jambi
Stinkfist
46 and 2
Schism
Rosetta stoned
Right in Two
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus

Kinski opened

Reno 4/30/07 was my 10th TOOL show. I mainly went for a chance to see Wings for Marie/10,000 Days and Right in Two. IT was great that they played both. As far as I can tell, the band is pretty warmed up and sounding great. I don't think I've seen Maynard sing so badly. Does anybody know if he is sick? I realize that with vocals, there is no way you're going to be able to sing your best every night.

The fact that some guy actually got onstage is ridiculous. he screwed up the best part of the song and what would have been the highlight of the night. it just goes to show that it only takes one idiot to screw up the enjoyment of the rest.

The new lasers were awesome. The difference between TOOL during their "warm-up" phase and their fully operational levels is night and day. This time, the music was already there, but Maynard is not performing quite yet. OH well. Good show.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:53 AM   #9
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by smwtcool View Post
Jambi
Stinkfist
46 and 2
Schism
Rosetta stoned
Right in Two
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus

Kinski opened

Reno 4/30/07 was my 10th TOOL show. I mainly went for a chance to see Wings for Marie/10,000 Days and Right in Two. IT was great that they played both. As far as I can tell, the band is pretty warmed up and sounding great. I don't think I've seen Maynard sing so badly. Does anybody know if he is sick? I realize that with vocals, there is no way you're going to be able to sing your best every night.

The fact that some guy actually got onstage is ridiculous. he screwed up the best part of the song and what would have been the highlight of the night. it just goes to show that it only takes one idiot to screw up the enjoyment of the rest.

The new lasers were awesome. The difference between TOOL during their "warm-up" phase and their fully operational levels is night and day. This time, the music was already there, but Maynard is not performing quite yet. OH well. Good show.
OFFLINE |  
blp
05-01-2007, 07:28 AM

My 7th, probably the best sounding show I've seen. I was really impressed with that venue, perfect size, we were row 19 center, which was pretty perfect to be able to see a lot of the big picture effects too. When I went to Marysville in Sept., the visuals weren't nearly the same as last night because it was outside, but the effect of the lasers and smoke/clouds during Wings/10kdays and lateralus was just insane. I don't care who you are or what kind of music you listen to, the experience I had last night would be enjoyed by anyone unless they were both blind and deaf. Amazing..

I concur with someone else who said they might not be into optimal shape right now, but really that is just M not being able to (or not willing to?) sing his heart out. I don't know if that means "not yet" or "anymore" but regardless of his not singing every line, the band was incredible. VERY tight.

The extended part of lateralus was pretty interesting and lateralus was HUGE as always. Right in Two was also a nice addition, but no Vicarious or Aenima was unexpected, I dunno if it was the guy who jumped on stage or that they were just tired or out of time or something, but they stopped after lateralus. Not one word from M all night, so maybe he was a bit sick or something??

I thought Kinski was pretty good... No vocals, but they had thick grooves and played hard..

I just gotta say that even though we didn't get screams and big huge lyrics, it was just an incredible show overall. Probably the most fun I've had at any of the 7 shows I've seen. Can't say enough about their live performance, it will go down as being one of the best live tours ever played in my opinion. No one surpasses Tool live, it's the best live music experience out there, and probably by a long shot.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:28 AM   #10
blp
Level 4 - Thinker

My 7th, probably the best sounding show I've seen. I was really impressed with that venue, perfect size, we were row 19 center, which was pretty perfect to be able to see a lot of the big picture effects too. When I went to Marysville in Sept., the visuals weren't nearly the same as last night because it was outside, but the effect of the lasers and smoke/clouds during Wings/10kdays and lateralus was just insane. I don't care who you are or what kind of music you listen to, the experience I had last night would be enjoyed by anyone unless they were both blind and deaf. Amazing..

I concur with someone else who said they might not be into optimal shape right now, but really that is just M not being able to (or not willing to?) sing his heart out. I don't know if that means "not yet" or "anymore" but regardless of his not singing every line, the band was incredible. VERY tight.

The extended part of lateralus was pretty interesting and lateralus was HUGE as always. Right in Two was also a nice addition, but no Vicarious or Aenima was unexpected, I dunno if it was the guy who jumped on stage or that they were just tired or out of time or something, but they stopped after lateralus. Not one word from M all night, so maybe he was a bit sick or something??

I thought Kinski was pretty good... No vocals, but they had thick grooves and played hard..

I just gotta say that even though we didn't get screams and big huge lyrics, it was just an incredible show overall. Probably the most fun I've had at any of the 7 shows I've seen. Can't say enough about their live performance, it will go down as being one of the best live tours ever played in my opinion. No one surpasses Tool live, it's the best live music experience out there, and probably by a long shot.
OFFLINE |  
aretaic
05-01-2007, 09:59 AM

My third show this year, first time for Wings for Marie.....worth the wait! The guy rushing the stage didn't ruin it but I was wondering the same as the person above, reason for shortened set-list? The guys seemed to huddle together a lot at the end, feeling they changed things up last minute. Really mellow feeling at the end, almost feeling unfinished? We were wondering if Maynard was sick also. I didn't hear him say anything to the crowd, did anyone else hear anything? Not complaining, still an amazing show! Hate to keep agreeing with previous posts, but I also agree the difference between a warmed up band and a warming up band.....night and day. Both equally enjoyable but perhaps Im more of a night person!
Old 05-01-2007, 09:59 AM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

My third show this year, first time for Wings for Marie.....worth the wait! The guy rushing the stage didn't ruin it but I was wondering the same as the person above, reason for shortened set-list? The guys seemed to huddle together a lot at the end, feeling they changed things up last minute. Really mellow feeling at the end, almost feeling unfinished? We were wondering if Maynard was sick also. I didn't hear him say anything to the crowd, did anyone else hear anything? Not complaining, still an amazing show! Hate to keep agreeing with previous posts, but I also agree the difference between a warmed up band and a warming up band.....night and day. Both equally enjoyable but perhaps Im more of a night person!
OFFLINE |  
preveeshat's Avatar preveeshat
05-01-2007, 10:48 AM

This was my 9th tool show, but only my second this year. I saw them back in september on the east coast and it was an amazing show. I think this show needs more credit than it is getting. Yes, that guy that jumped on stage was an idiot, but it didnt really ruin anything! I mean, super distracting during the songs that I was shaking in anticipation for, but just cause we lost out on lyrics doesnt mean we lost out on music. Lateralus was amazing too. Any time I get completely lost in a song and forget about the crowd around me, it was a super successful performance. So, even through the TERRIBLE SOUND (yes, it was awful, there was so much buzzing!!), left out lyrics, maynard's supposed bad vocals (which i dont think is true, i thought he sung fine, i think the sound system was just awful and it made it hard to hear him properly), a terrible venue, and a stupid guy getting on stage, it was definately an AMAZING show. I wish there had been an encore, but i guess Danny's bicep needed a break? I dunno. But wow..
And hey, did anyone else have such a fun time going to the weird cabana bar that was down the street where the DJ played TOOL for the rest of the night? yeah, what gets better than that...

haha.
Fun show for sure. So stoked I got to see it.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:48 AM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my 9th tool show, but only my second this year. I saw them back in september on the east coast and it was an amazing show. I think this show needs more credit than it is getting. Yes, that guy that jumped on stage was an idiot, but it didnt really ruin anything! I mean, super distracting during the songs that I was shaking in anticipation for, but just cause we lost out on lyrics doesnt mean we lost out on music. Lateralus was amazing too. Any time I get completely lost in a song and forget about the crowd around me, it was a super successful performance. So, even through the TERRIBLE SOUND (yes, it was awful, there was so much buzzing!!), left out lyrics, maynard's supposed bad vocals (which i dont think is true, i thought he sung fine, i think the sound system was just awful and it made it hard to hear him properly), a terrible venue, and a stupid guy getting on stage, it was definately an AMAZING show. I wish there had been an encore, but i guess Danny's bicep needed a break? I dunno. But wow..
And hey, did anyone else have such a fun time going to the weird cabana bar that was down the street where the DJ played TOOL for the rest of the night? yeah, what gets better than that...

haha.
OFFLINE |  
Mattrogesis
05-01-2007, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by preveeshat View Post

haha.

The show was very safe. I don't blame them. Maynard is obviously not up to par at the moment, and Danny is probably making sure he doesn't overdo it.
They made the best of it. The only reason i say this is because I've seen them in top form, and its perfection, so when i see that they are actually human, and have to deal with the obstacles of the road and life, it can be shocking. The show was really really good, and to see. Its not that he was really singing bad, but he was singing on the easier spectrum of his vocal range. That is why that didn't even attempt THE POT, SOBER, VICARIOUS or OPIATE. I could be wrong, but that's just the feeling i got. I have to add that I was not in any frame of mind for the show....completely tired and for the first time at a tool show...alone!!!!

=*(
Old 05-01-2007, 11:16 AM   #13
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:

haha.

The show was very safe. I don't blame them. Maynard is obviously not up to par at the moment, and Danny is probably making sure he doesn't overdo it.
They made the best of it. The only reason i say this is because I've seen them in top form, and its perfection, so when i see that they are actually human, and have to deal with the obstacles of the road and life, it can be shocking. The show was really really good, and to see. Its not that he was really singing bad, but he was singing on the easier spectrum of his vocal range. That is why that didn't even attempt THE POT, SOBER, VICARIOUS or OPIATE. I could be wrong, but that's just the feeling i got. I have to add that I was not in any frame of mind for the show....completely tired and for the first time at a tool show...alone!!!!

=*(
OFFLINE |  
Team Coors Light
05-01-2007, 12:27 PM

Umm...am I the ONLY one that noticed the MJK only sang about half of the lyrics to all the songs?! His voice didn't sound very good, IMHO...I guess it could have been due to where I was sitting...?

The rest of the guys sounded AWESOME!!! Better than Marysville, for sure. Adam and Danny have always been Topz in my book, and I keep noticing Justin's talent and intensity improving each time I see him. He is fun to watch play, for sure!!!

I noticed the guys talking to each other quite a bit between songs...usually that doesn't happen. It didn't look like pleasant conversation either... MJK seemed really detached from the group. No quips to the crowd, no commentary, etc... although I think one of the greatest things about TOOL is that it is a different experience each time.

Did Jambi seem slower than normal? I thought it was and I liked it better that way.

All the stage hands in while lab coats made me think...the all-white set did too. Is TOOL saying that they are getting old and need medical supervision; that they are at the end of the ride?!! I hope not. I guess it could be the whole scientist thing...since a big theme this tour is aliens and all....

Glad I was able to hear Right In 2.

Wings/10000 was the highlight for me, but I think Lateralus was the best single performance of the night.

The jerk-off who rushed the stage should be quartered.

That is all.

Thank you TOOL!!!! Hurry back soon!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 12:27 PM   #14
Level 2 - Poster

Umm...am I the ONLY one that noticed the MJK only sang about half of the lyrics to all the songs?! His voice didn't sound very good, IMHO...I guess it could have been due to where I was sitting...?

The rest of the guys sounded AWESOME!!! Better than Marysville, for sure. Adam and Danny have always been Topz in my book, and I keep noticing Justin's talent and intensity improving each time I see him. He is fun to watch play, for sure!!!

I noticed the guys talking to each other quite a bit between songs...usually that doesn't happen. It didn't look like pleasant conversation either... MJK seemed really detached from the group. No quips to the crowd, no commentary, etc... although I think one of the greatest things about TOOL is that it is a different experience each time.

Did Jambi seem slower than normal? I thought it was and I liked it better that way.

All the stage hands in while lab coats made me think...the all-white set did too. Is TOOL saying that they are getting old and need medical supervision; that they are at the end of the ride?!! I hope not. I guess it could be the whole scientist thing...since a big theme this tour is aliens and all....

Glad I was able to hear Right In 2.

Wings/10000 was the highlight for me, but I think Lateralus was the best single performance of the night.

The jerk-off who rushed the stage should be quartered.

That is all.

Thank you TOOL!!!! Hurry back soon!!!
05-01-2007, 12:30 PM

I enjoyed the show very much.. This was my 7th tool show and I am traveling to Tucson to see them this weekend.
That being said, I feel like Maynard just dosen't really care anymore.
When he walked off during Schism I think that said it all.
He usually dosen't say much at shows which I like, but last night not even a word.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:30 PM   #15
Level 2 - Poster

I enjoyed the show very much.. This was my 7th tool show and I am traveling to Tucson to see them this weekend.
That being said, I feel like Maynard just dosen't really care anymore.
When he walked off during Schism I think that said it all.
He usually dosen't say much at shows which I like, but last night not even a word.
OFFLINE |  
enklined
05-01-2007, 01:29 PM

Alright, back home now. Had some time to reflect back on the show...

It was badass :)

MJK kind of pissed me off - like the guy above me said, i got a vibe like he didnt even care. if he wasn't feeling well, and that was the reason for not singing the last 1/3 or so of schism before he walked off, he should have said something. the mic is right in front of him. (note: the asshole motherfucker who rushed the stage did so AFTER schism).

As far as what happened during wings, i dont think maynard stopped because of the guy. when the guy ran up, he was still singing. but then the crowd started cheering loudly, as if to egg the guy on...this is when MJK stopped. Probably dissappointed - especially given the song in which this incident occurred.

Second time seeing Right in Two (first was in oakland). Song just rips live! its great on the album, but live...WOW. How about that bass, too? Shook me like crazy, it was great!

Quote:
So, even through the TERRIBLE SOUND (yes, it was awful, there was so much buzzing!!)
im curious, where did you sit? i was in the back 4 rows from the floor, and the sound was so awesome, i couldnt believe it. best ive ever heard at any concert, ever, including a couple tool shows in oakland and LA.

Quote:
are you talking about Rum Bullion, inside the silver legecy (Captain Morgan statue in front)? if so, yea, i was there. that was awesome. dude was playing tool and apc all night, and ESPN was replaying the last suns/LA bryants game. alcohol, tool/apc, and watching the lakers get taken out...? Good times.

Oh to the dude i met from Oregon at the blackjack table at silver legecy a couple hours before the show - it was cool hangin with you at the table, chattin it up a bit.

Did anyone happen to grab an official setlist? Curious as to what was actually scheduled.

Closing thoughts: Wow, i feel...empty. After ever Tool show, i always have this sinking feeling, like I'm alone. I always wonder if thats gonna be the last show I get to see. It sucks that its over. Tool is the shit.

Last edited by enklined; 05-01-2007 at 02:05 PM..
Old 05-01-2007, 01:29 PM   #16
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Alright, back home now. Had some time to reflect back on the show...

It was badass :)

MJK kind of pissed me off - like the guy above me said, i got a vibe like he didnt even care. if he wasn't feeling well, and that was the reason for not singing the last 1/3 or so of schism before he walked off, he should have said something. the mic is right in front of him. (note: the asshole motherfucker who rushed the stage did so AFTER schism).

As far as what happened during wings, i dont think maynard stopped because of the guy. when the guy ran up, he was still singing. but then the crowd started cheering loudly, as if to egg the guy on...this is when MJK stopped. Probably dissappointed - especially given the song in which this incident occurred.

Second time seeing Right in Two (first was in oakland). Song just rips live! its great on the album, but live...WOW. How about that bass, too? Shook me like crazy, it was great!

Quote:
So, even through the TERRIBLE SOUND (yes, it was awful, there was so much buzzing!!)
im curious, where did you sit? i was in the back 4 rows from the floor, and the sound was so awesome, i couldnt believe it. best ive ever heard at any concert, ever, including a couple tool shows in oakland and LA.

Quote:
are you talking about Rum Bullion, inside the silver legecy (Captain Morgan statue in front)? if so, yea, i was there. that was awesome. dude was playing tool and apc all night, and ESPN was replaying the last suns/LA bryants game. alcohol, tool/apc, and watching the lakers get taken out...? Good times.

Oh to the dude i met from Oregon at the blackjack table at silver legecy a couple hours before the show - it was cool hangin with you at the table, chattin it up a bit.

Did anyone happen to grab an official setlist? Curious as to what was actually scheduled.

Closing thoughts: Wow, i feel...empty. After ever Tool show, i always have this sinking feeling, like I'm alone. I always wonder if thats gonna be the last show I get to see. It sucks that its over. Tool is the shit.

Last edited by enklined; 05-01-2007 at 02:05 PM..
OFFLINE |  
close_fiend
05-01-2007, 02:56 PM

wtf is up w maynard? does he just not give a damn anymore? this was the worst tool performance ive ever attended. the sound was muffled by the exsessive bass too! when maynard actually did sing, you could barely hear his voice. i was in the very front row on the floor and got hasseled by the staff for doing absolutely nothing! they tried to tell me i could not be in the front row unless i had a wristband! WTF? i had an actual front row ticket in my hand! whats better than that? i missed a whole song due to arguing with the staff, b4 one of the bouncers saved my ass! thanks man!

if this is what tool is going to be like the rest of the tour? well, ill just stay home and listen to their oldies!
Old 05-01-2007, 02:56 PM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

wtf is up w maynard? does he just not give a damn anymore? this was the worst tool performance ive ever attended. the sound was muffled by the exsessive bass too! when maynard actually did sing, you could barely hear his voice. i was in the very front row on the floor and got hasseled by the staff for doing absolutely nothing! they tried to tell me i could not be in the front row unless i had a wristband! WTF? i had an actual front row ticket in my hand! whats better than that? i missed a whole song due to arguing with the staff, b4 one of the bouncers saved my ass! thanks man!

if this is what tool is going to be like the rest of the tour? well, ill just stay home and listen to their oldies!
OFFLINE |  
Triptolemus's Avatar Triptolemus
05-01-2007, 03:49 PM

I don't give a shit to write much of a review, everyone else here is a superior writer compared to me but...

the OFFICIAL name for our stage-rush friend is "Douchebag". In all your posts, please refer to him by name. Section 103 - and I had a wonderful view of him being thrown down the stairs... so all who had their moment tweeked by this guy: just know he got his...painfully. He didn't Swing On A Spiral, he Rolled Down Stairs.

Mediocre show overall, but it's Tool... and if you didn't have a good time, your Ego is out of balance.

Also, nice crowd hanging out in D/T Reno the night(s) before the show - it was nice to play some blackjack w/ my People.

With my feet upon the ground, Lateralus was by far the best performance... the new "quik mix" in the middle is awesome... and Danny, thanks for not missing yer GONG this time... love that.

Blessings, good will & love to all.

/T
Old 05-01-2007, 03:49 PM   #18
Level 4 - Thinker

I don't give a shit to write much of a review, everyone else here is a superior writer compared to me but...

the OFFICIAL name for our stage-rush friend is "Douchebag". In all your posts, please refer to him by name. Section 103 - and I had a wonderful view of him being thrown down the stairs... so all who had their moment tweeked by this guy: just know he got his...painfully. He didn't Swing On A Spiral, he Rolled Down Stairs.

Mediocre show overall, but it's Tool... and if you didn't have a good time, your Ego is out of balance.

Also, nice crowd hanging out in D/T Reno the night(s) before the show - it was nice to play some blackjack w/ my People.

With my feet upon the ground, Lateralus was by far the best performance... the new "quik mix" in the middle is awesome... and Danny, thanks for not missing yer GONG this time... love that.

Blessings, good will & love to all.

/T
OFFLINE |  
Tychism's Avatar Tychism
05-01-2007, 05:05 PM

It's hard to not have high expectation for Tool.

With that said, it is hard to not be disappointed with Maynard's performance. I was also at the Marysville show and was completely blown away by his vocal performance there. To come upon a show like last night's was a bit disheartening. I mean, walking off the stage? What is that about? There was a complete lack of respect for us as an audience and as fans - we (minus the self-centered stage jumper) sure show them plenty.

Put all rumors to rest, Danny Carry is back in FULL FORCE. The man annihilated the kit, throwing in an extra special drum solo during Lateralus to top it all off.

The venue was small and perfect for a Tool show (in my mind), and I was anticipating a more intimate performance.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show (those of you from Montana that my buddy and I spoke with before the show, it was great meeting fellow passionate beings, thanks for the interesting conversation!), and appreciate the effort put forth by the musicians.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:05 PM   #19
Level 3 - Talker

It's hard to not have high expectation for Tool.

With that said, it is hard to not be disappointed with Maynard's performance. I was also at the Marysville show and was completely blown away by his vocal performance there. To come upon a show like last night's was a bit disheartening. I mean, walking off the stage? What is that about? There was a complete lack of respect for us as an audience and as fans - we (minus the self-centered stage jumper) sure show them plenty.

Put all rumors to rest, Danny Carry is back in FULL FORCE. The man annihilated the kit, throwing in an extra special drum solo during Lateralus to top it all off.

The venue was small and perfect for a Tool show (in my mind), and I was anticipating a more intimate performance.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show (those of you from Montana that my buddy and I spoke with before the show, it was great meeting fellow passionate beings, thanks for the interesting conversation!), and appreciate the effort put forth by the musicians.
05-01-2007, 05:16 PM

This was my 8th Tool Shot and by far the worst. The performance put on by Maynard was down right offensive. The whole vibe from the band and especially Maynard was "Fuck off". From looking at the setlists from Las Vegas this may be an isolated incident but shit. We didnt even get a "Hey how ya doin?" or "Sorry we are cutting the show short". IT was pathetic.

And every song Maynard skipped huge groups of lyrics and at climaxes of the songs. Fucking awful. I hate Maynard now. He's a fucking douchebag. In Schism he left the stage before the climax of the song "betweeen supposed lovers" then the rest of the band played a super extended Lost Keys until Maynard came back. That robbed us of a song. I am soo pissed off right now. Plus no intro. The lights went down, the guys came on, got situated, and went straight into Jambi. So weak. Alot of the songs Adam was hitting the wrong notes. Justin sat for Lateralus instead of rocking out like usual. I think I already put it best: The vibe from the band was "Fuck off we dont care"

Maynard is a douche
Old 05-01-2007, 05:16 PM   #20
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 271

This was my 8th Tool Shot and by far the worst. The performance put on by Maynard was down right offensive. The whole vibe from the band and especially Maynard was "Fuck off". From looking at the setlists from Las Vegas this may be an isolated incident but shit. We didnt even get a "Hey how ya doin?" or "Sorry we are cutting the show short". IT was pathetic.

And every song Maynard skipped huge groups of lyrics and at climaxes of the songs. Fucking awful. I hate Maynard now. He's a fucking douchebag. In Schism he left the stage before the climax of the song "betweeen supposed lovers" then the rest of the band played a super extended Lost Keys until Maynard came back. That robbed us of a song. I am soo pissed off right now. Plus no intro. The lights went down, the guys came on, got situated, and went straight into Jambi. So weak. Alot of the songs Adam was hitting the wrong notes. Justin sat for Lateralus instead of rocking out like usual. I think I already put it best: The vibe from the band was "Fuck off we dont care"

Maynard is a douche
OFFLINE |  
BreakX's Avatar BreakX
05-01-2007, 05:38 PM

Being a singer myself, and someone has already mentioned it, it is really important to note that singing is an organic instrument. EVERYONE has nights and days where they can't do shit. Its just the way it goes. He could have been incredibly sick, or just had an off day... who knows. Sometimes people will advise you not to talk since that can make matters worse. Continuing to sing the easier parts properly, without straining, is the best that probably could be done in that situation. I just know that Tool takes a lot of pride in their live show, and it doesn't seem like they would purposely make the show less than their high standard.

I'm not sure if hatred or anger towards them is the proper response.

I do wish that they could have had someone come out and briefly state what was going on, though. That would have made things better for everyone.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:38 PM   #21
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Being a singer myself, and someone has already mentioned it, it is really important to note that singing is an organic instrument. EVERYONE has nights and days where they can't do shit. Its just the way it goes. He could have been incredibly sick, or just had an off day... who knows. Sometimes people will advise you not to talk since that can make matters worse. Continuing to sing the easier parts properly, without straining, is the best that probably could be done in that situation. I just know that Tool takes a lot of pride in their live show, and it doesn't seem like they would purposely make the show less than their high standard.

I do wish that they could have had someone come out and briefly state what was going on, though. That would have made things better for everyone.
OFFLINE |  
Triptolemus's Avatar Triptolemus
05-01-2007, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tychism View Post
Put all rumors to rest, Danny Carry is back in FULL FORCE. .
well said...what a great view of Danny from section 103, 102, 101... Danny's fine... and what a performance! For uber-fans of Danny, we know that he never fails to command his space.... he never forgets to remind you why you came... an excellent performance by Danny.

--

I've already stated what an asshat he was, but I have something to add about Douchebag.... could it be that he had some passion for Adam (and Tool's) art? Or was he just a complete douche?

and one more noteworthy item...Chickypoo who climbed the traffic signal pole....... your ass looks great with a huge red light underneat it... and good job on not getting arrested for your display of fanaticisim.

okay, one more... peace out to the people next door to room #504 at the Fitzgeralds.... thanks for the tequila!!!

/T
Old 05-01-2007, 05:55 PM   #22
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tychism View Post
Put all rumors to rest, Danny Carry is back in FULL FORCE. .
well said...what a great view of Danny from section 103, 102, 101... Danny's fine... and what a performance! For uber-fans of Danny, we know that he never fails to command his space.... he never forgets to remind you why you came... an excellent performance by Danny.

--

I've already stated what an asshat he was, but I have something to add about Douchebag.... could it be that he had some passion for Adam (and Tool's) art? Or was he just a complete douche?

and one more noteworthy item...Chickypoo who climbed the traffic signal pole....... your ass looks great with a huge red light underneat it... and good job on not getting arrested for your display of fanaticisim.

okay, one more... peace out to the people next door to room #504 at the Fitzgeralds.... thanks for the tequila!!!

/T
OFFLINE |  
Silverbrain
05-01-2007, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakX View Post
Being a singer myself, and someone has already mentioned it, it is really important to note that singing is an organic instrument. EVERYONE has nights and days where they can't do shit. Its just the way it goes. He could have been incredibly sick, or just had an off day... who knows. I just know that Tool takes a lot of pride in their live show, and it doesn't seem like they would purposely make the show less than their high standard.

I completely concur with the "briefly state what was going on" something has to be!

Maynard from my vantage point really seemed disinterested (he gave off a similar, yet not as strong vibe in marysville) 46n2, he let the crowd sing an entire section, Jambi, left lyrics out, Schism, left the climax out, Right in 2 climax mia, and my personal disapointment...wings, he left the climax out on that one too, not to mention that at the beginning of the song, I thought they made an extended intro until I realized that he was actually singing..it was so soft, I couldnt hear it! None of his trademark screams in any of their songs... and the list goes on...until we reach Lateralus. I thought to myself "my god..its Maynard up there!" His energy was there, vocals were there.

Danny, my god can that guy drum, and the guitars were just tight and awesome.

With Marysville / Reno under my belt in the last year...both shows NOTHING like any tool show before, energy wise (maynard wise, rest are still jamming) whats wrong, he seems so disinterested. Thoughts?

I saw cold last year, Scooter came out and said he was under the weather...and that meant something, the show was not disappointing with that preface..
Old 05-01-2007, 06:04 PM   #23
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakX View Post
Being a singer myself, and someone has already mentioned it, it is really important to note that singing is an organic instrument. EVERYONE has nights and days where they can't do shit. Its just the way it goes. He could have been incredibly sick, or just had an off day... who knows. I just know that Tool takes a lot of pride in their live show, and it doesn't seem like they would purposely make the show less than their high standard.

I completely concur with the "briefly state what was going on" something has to be!

Maynard from my vantage point really seemed disinterested (he gave off a similar, yet not as strong vibe in marysville) 46n2, he let the crowd sing an entire section, Jambi, left lyrics out, Schism, left the climax out, Right in 2 climax mia, and my personal disapointment...wings, he left the climax out on that one too, not to mention that at the beginning of the song, I thought they made an extended intro until I realized that he was actually singing..it was so soft, I couldnt hear it! None of his trademark screams in any of their songs... and the list goes on...until we reach Lateralus. I thought to myself "my god..its Maynard up there!" His energy was there, vocals were there.

Danny, my god can that guy drum, and the guitars were just tight and awesome.

With Marysville / Reno under my belt in the last year...both shows NOTHING like any tool show before, energy wise (maynard wise, rest are still jamming) whats wrong, he seems so disinterested. Thoughts?

I saw cold last year, Scooter came out and said he was under the weather...and that meant something, the show was not disappointing with that preface..
OFFLINE |  
Muu's Avatar Muu
05-01-2007, 07:51 PM

I've seen Tool more times than I'd admit, but I will say that the first time I saw them was at the Whiskey a Go Go opening for Haunted Garage back in the day :-P Since people already posted the setlist and stuff, I'll just add a few musings of my own.

My hubby and I were 6th row, Floor 4, seats 11 and 12 (just to the left of Adam). Awesome show, great venue, and the sound was amazing. Due to the previous complains about the sound, I guess in this venue you have to have seats in a certain area to get good sound, but it was really, really great where we were.

It's true Maynard wasn't singing some of the choruses, but it didn't bother me for what I got out of it. I got to hear more of the guitar, bass and drums that I don't normally get to hear when the chorus is going on, and it was also really cool hearing the crowd sing the choruses instead. I liked it. If Maynard's voice was bothering him, I'd understand if he didn't tax it by singing the chorus or chatting to the crowd. I don't think his doing so detracted from the experience at all.

About the guy who jumped on stage, and caused Maynard to stop singing, maybe I can shed some light on that. At past shows, in smaller venues like Club Lingerie or the Whiskey, Maynard would comment often on crowd surfers, moshers and the overzealous security guards who manhandled them. Maynard seems to have quite a distaste of security personnel who are too rough with people. That being said, I noticed that Maynard stopped singing not when the guy got on stage, but when the security guys grabbed him and dragged him offstage.

I liked Kinski quite a lot. Their groove was deep and songs trippy. I'm definitely going to pick up some of their stuff soon.

We were also at the Marysville show last September, and although this one was different, different is good, and I enjoyed this show much more.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:51 PM   #24
Muu
Level 2 - Poster

I've seen Tool more times than I'd admit, but I will say that the first time I saw them was at the Whiskey a Go Go opening for Haunted Garage back in the day :-P Since people already posted the setlist and stuff, I'll just add a few musings of my own.

My hubby and I were 6th row, Floor 4, seats 11 and 12 (just to the left of Adam). Awesome show, great venue, and the sound was amazing. Due to the previous complains about the sound, I guess in this venue you have to have seats in a certain area to get good sound, but it was really, really great where we were.

It's true Maynard wasn't singing some of the choruses, but it didn't bother me for what I got out of it. I got to hear more of the guitar, bass and drums that I don't normally get to hear when the chorus is going on, and it was also really cool hearing the crowd sing the choruses instead. I liked it. If Maynard's voice was bothering him, I'd understand if he didn't tax it by singing the chorus or chatting to the crowd. I don't think his doing so detracted from the experience at all.

About the guy who jumped on stage, and caused Maynard to stop singing, maybe I can shed some light on that. At past shows, in smaller venues like Club Lingerie or the Whiskey, Maynard would comment often on crowd surfers, moshers and the overzealous security guards who manhandled them. Maynard seems to have quite a distaste of security personnel who are too rough with people. That being said, I noticed that Maynard stopped singing not when the guy got on stage, but when the security guys grabbed him and dragged him offstage.

I liked Kinski quite a lot. Their groove was deep and songs trippy. I'm definitely going to pick up some of their stuff soon.

We were also at the Marysville show last September, and although this one was different, different is good, and I enjoyed this show much more.
OFFLINE |  
FumUnda
05-01-2007, 08:57 PM

Holy EFFING christmas was the sound ... AWFUL !

This was my second full blown Tool experience live. The first being Aenema in Houston in 95 and having been to that !^ithole they played and being completely blown away ... basically ruined for any other live show for the rest of my life ... and taking my now wife of 10 years after hearing me preach the gospel about the affect it's had on me .. only to barely decypher a few words and otherwise not discernable without KNOWING wtf he's saying .. and bearing that whole acoustical abomination almost made me go sit outside the doors and listen with a beer 'cos the sound was better by the consession stand than section 116.

I'll be hard pressed to EVER see a show again at REC with this, my second show there after Korn/Mudvayne and I blamed their horrendous sound on everything BUT the venue then ... guess I was wrong.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:57 PM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

Holy EFFING christmas was the sound ... AWFUL !

This was my second full blown Tool experience live. The first being Aenema in Houston in 95 and having been to that !^ithole they played and being completely blown away ... basically ruined for any other live show for the rest of my life ... and taking my now wife of 10 years after hearing me preach the gospel about the affect it's had on me .. only to barely decypher a few words and otherwise not discernable without KNOWING wtf he's saying .. and bearing that whole acoustical abomination almost made me go sit outside the doors and listen with a beer 'cos the sound was better by the consession stand than section 116.

I'll be hard pressed to EVER see a show again at REC with this, my second show there after Korn/Mudvayne and I blamed their horrendous sound on everything BUT the venue then ... guess I was wrong.
OFFLINE |  
Orion***
05-01-2007, 09:18 PM

Alright I have to get this off my chest, cause it is really tearing at me.
Firstly tho...I wanna agree with most people that the sound was rather good and that the intimate setting could have been a big opportunity for the band to pull of some good stuff.
Being my first show, I had to live off the internet, finding to post on Youtube and watchin them rock...haha...vicariously I should add. Granted, altogether that might not have been a good idea, but I came to respect and appreciate the band for their presence and intensity on stage. I'd watch Aemina and Lateralus, and even the Grudge, and I'd hear these belting screams and crazy drum extensions, and just thought the world of TOOL. Reno however wasn't like that.
I agree...it seems that Mr. Maynard had no respect for the audience...people who have traveled far and wide, made sacrifices, paid large amounts of money, invested time and interest in the progress and happenings of the band. It was altogether rather selfish, and however much I hate to admit it, the performance wasn't the stuff that occupied my dreams. It wasn't the stuff that I had longed to see and was hoping to hear.
That is all....I still liked the performance, very much so, and for being my first time, I cannot expect anything less. I was just hoping to lose myself between the sounds, and not have to sing them...or play along with whatever antics they willed.
TOOL rocks!
O.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:18 PM   #26
Level 1 - Lurker

Alright I have to get this off my chest, cause it is really tearing at me.
Firstly tho...I wanna agree with most people that the sound was rather good and that the intimate setting could have been a big opportunity for the band to pull of some good stuff.
Being my first show, I had to live off the internet, finding to post on Youtube and watchin them rock...haha...vicariously I should add. Granted, altogether that might not have been a good idea, but I came to respect and appreciate the band for their presence and intensity on stage. I'd watch Aemina and Lateralus, and even the Grudge, and I'd hear these belting screams and crazy drum extensions, and just thought the world of TOOL. Reno however wasn't like that.
I agree...it seems that Mr. Maynard had no respect for the audience...people who have traveled far and wide, made sacrifices, paid large amounts of money, invested time and interest in the progress and happenings of the band. It was altogether rather selfish, and however much I hate to admit it, the performance wasn't the stuff that occupied my dreams. It wasn't the stuff that I had longed to see and was hoping to hear.
That is all....I still liked the performance, very much so, and for being my first time, I cannot expect anything less. I was just hoping to lose myself between the sounds, and not have to sing them...or play along with whatever antics they willed.
TOOL rocks!
O.
05-01-2007, 09:21 PM

OH...sorry
I also wanted to say that Lateralus was hardcore. I saw a glimpse of Maynard's old self, and TOOL's intensity, for a fortunate 8 minutes.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:21 PM   #27
Level 1 - Lurker

OH...sorry
I also wanted to say that Lateralus was hardcore. I saw a glimpse of Maynard's old self, and TOOL's intensity, for a fortunate 8 minutes.
05-01-2007, 10:25 PM

My sixth Tool show has made me contemplate my future attendance of Tool shows (if they ever come back around). On second thought, at least driving long distances to their shows...I felt disappointed. I was also flying solo and feeling lonely, I was in a sad place and so were Tool.

So...
Why does Maynard bother to show up? [I know the answer to this, but . . .] When he did sing, I could hardly hear it in section 117. To his defense, I did not open my mouth once during the concert, yet afterward my voice was raspy, do to inhaling all that second-hand smoke. So preservation mixed with discontentment makes a horrid display from such a talented person. I didn't want Maynards performance to hinder my enjoyment of the other members, but it did.

The throwing of the beach balls was also uncalled for. One of them landed on Adam's gear. I noticed during their onstage pow-wow, Danny was icing his bicep. I did see the official set list and they were slated to perform Vicarious and Aenima, in that order. I think they called it soon for Danny's sake.

It was good to finally hear the Wings duo, but of course things go awry when I'm there. I was hoping for the Swamp Song variation.

</3 Reno . . . and I think the band felt the same. :*(
Old 05-01-2007, 10:25 PM   #28
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

My sixth Tool show has made me contemplate my future attendance of Tool shows (if they ever come back around). On second thought, at least driving long distances to their shows...I felt disappointed. I was also flying solo and feeling lonely, I was in a sad place and so were Tool.

So...
Why does Maynard bother to show up? [I know the answer to this, but . . .] When he did sing, I could hardly hear it in section 117. To his defense, I did not open my mouth once during the concert, yet afterward my voice was raspy, do to inhaling all that second-hand smoke. So preservation mixed with discontentment makes a horrid display from such a talented person. I didn't want Maynards performance to hinder my enjoyment of the other members, but it did.

The throwing of the beach balls was also uncalled for. One of them landed on Adam's gear. I noticed during their onstage pow-wow, Danny was icing his bicep. I did see the official set list and they were slated to perform Vicarious and Aenima, in that order. I think they called it soon for Danny's sake.

It was good to finally hear the Wings duo, but of course things go awry when I'm there. I was hoping for the Swamp Song variation.

</3 Reno . . . and I think the band felt the same. :*(
05-01-2007, 10:35 PM

They should have cancelled or postponed. Plain and simple. Maynard was not into it. Even during Lateralus when he turned his back to us for half the song. Hell, he could have said "Hey sorry, I'm not feeling well tonight, but I will do my best" but, no, the man said nothing. He got his check and left. Those of you who are saying that the stage crasher caused him to stop singing during 10k days are fooling yourselves, he didn't even try to sing anything remotely difficult during the entire show.

Personally, I feel ripped off. It's like if you go to a Giants game and Barry just plays left field and doesn't bat, and not only that but they have no one bat for him, they just take the out each time his spot comes up. He could have lip synced and I would have been happier.

No effort at all to save the show or make up for the fact that Maynard destroyed his voice recording Puscifer songs while Danny's bicep healed. Don't forget, this was a rescheduled show to begin with. What if Adam decided "Well, I can play, but I can't play any solos, or anything really hard, I'll just strum on some power chords, that'll be okay right?" Or what about Danny? They could have continued on with Danny playing "3-limbed" but they didn't, why? Because it would suck, that's why! Just like it did last night. Thanks alot guys. I really feel the love.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:35 PM   #29
Level 1 - Lurker

They should have cancelled or postponed. Plain and simple. Maynard was not into it. Even during Lateralus when he turned his back to us for half the song. Hell, he could have said "Hey sorry, I'm not feeling well tonight, but I will do my best" but, no, the man said nothing. He got his check and left. Those of you who are saying that the stage crasher caused him to stop singing during 10k days are fooling yourselves, he didn't even try to sing anything remotely difficult during the entire show.

Personally, I feel ripped off. It's like if you go to a Giants game and Barry just plays left field and doesn't bat, and not only that but they have no one bat for him, they just take the out each time his spot comes up. He could have lip synced and I would have been happier.

No effort at all to save the show or make up for the fact that Maynard destroyed his voice recording Puscifer songs while Danny's bicep healed. Don't forget, this was a rescheduled show to begin with. What if Adam decided "Well, I can play, but I can't play any solos, or anything really hard, I'll just strum on some power chords, that'll be okay right?" Or what about Danny? They could have continued on with Danny playing "3-limbed" but they didn't, why? Because it would suck, that's why! Just like it did last night. Thanks alot guys. I really feel the love.
OFFLINE |  
snapdad
05-01-2007, 10:39 PM

Oh yeah, and I love how they had their lap dog nerdy friend Blair post some shit about who'se allowed on stage and who isn't. As if to blame us, the 5,000 fans who paid hard earned cash to go to this half-ass display of a walk through phoned-in concert for their shitty attempt at a show. Some lady next to me was taking notes and I told her "Be sure to write down 'this is the worst rehearsal they have ever had'"
Old 05-01-2007, 10:39 PM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

Oh yeah, and I love how they had their lap dog nerdy friend Blair post some shit about who'se allowed on stage and who isn't. As if to blame us, the 5,000 fans who paid hard earned cash to go to this half-ass display of a walk through phoned-in concert for their shitty attempt at a show. Some lady next to me was taking notes and I told her "Be sure to write down 'this is the worst rehearsal they have ever had'"
OFFLINE |  
warrior6748
05-01-2007, 10:44 PM

My first show. I must say, I was impressed. Clearly, you can tell they where taking it easy with Danny. And as for MJK with his vocals, perhaps he was not at his best, but he sound still good. Those that say he is disinterested, or that this will be their last show, I don't think that is accurate. Perhaps it is just time for a break, and for rest. But I myself look forward to seeing them again several times. And a shout out to Dane and Mike for making the road trip with me from Sonoma. Good times we had for those days. Here is to more concerts.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:44 PM   #31
Level 1 - Lurker

My first show. I must say, I was impressed. Clearly, you can tell they where taking it easy with Danny. And as for MJK with his vocals, perhaps he was not at his best, but he sound still good. Those that say he is disinterested, or that this will be their last show, I don't think that is accurate. Perhaps it is just time for a break, and for rest. But I myself look forward to seeing them again several times. And a shout out to Dane and Mike for making the road trip with me from Sonoma. Good times we had for those days. Here is to more concerts.
OFFLINE |  
Candy Bars
05-02-2007, 01:12 AM

I'm glad some of my fellow posters agree with me that the Reno show was a very poor offering from Tool. Though Danny is still recuperating from his injury, he was amazing on the kit. Maynard's apathetic attitude and lack of effort were what really set me off. If he was sick, he definitely should have said something. If he was offended by the stage rusher, the crowd's response, or the way security handled it, he should have said something. He never addressed the crowd once during the show, which leads me to believe he just doesn't care. I was almost heartbroken thinking that I may never get to see them again in full force.

My contribution will be to help convey just how much I felt was missing from that show. While I do appreciate it when bands alter the live performance of a song for artistic effect or to spice it up a bit, the lack of singing from Maynard was definitely not a favorable subtraction by any means. Below I have listed the vocal parts that I noticed were missing. If I misremembered anything, please politely correct me.

-46 and 2-

My shadow.
Change is coming through my shadow.
My shadow's shedding skin
I've been picking
My scabs again.

My shadow
Change is coming.
Now is my time.
Listen to my muscle memory.
Contemplate what I've been clinging to.
Forty-six and two ahead of me.

I choose to live and to
Lie, kill and give and to
Die, learn and love and to
Do what it takes to step through.

See my shadow changing,
Stretching up and over me.
Soften this old armor.
Hoping I can clear the way
By stepping through my shadow,
Coming out the other side.
Step into the shadow.
Forty six and two are just ahead of me.

-Schism-

The poetry that comes from the squaring off between,
And the circling is worth it.
Finding beauty in the dissonance.

Between supposed lovers. 2x
I know the pieces fit (many times).

-Rosetta stoned-

You'd better listen (repeated).

(that hiiiigh-ya-ya-yah part).

--sang through the megaphone during most parts which he normally sings through the mic--

-Right in Two-

Angels on the sideline again,
Benched along with patience and reason.
Wondering where this tug of war will end.

[Cutting it all right in two
/ Cut it all right in two]
/ Cutting our love right in two]

-10,000 Days-

--after the stage rusher incident, he cut off in the middle of the line that precedes what I have below--

Judith Marie, unconditional one.

Daylight dims leaving cold fluorescents.
Difficult to see you in this light.
Please forgive this bold suggestion, but
Should you see your Maker's face tonight,
Look Him in the eye, look Him in the eye, and tell Him:
"I never lived a lie, never took a life, but surely saved one.
Hallelujah, it's time for you to bring me home."

-Lateralus-

Feed my will to feel this moment urging me to cross the line.
Reaching out to embrace the random.
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come.

With my feet upon the ground I lose myself
between the sounds and open wide to suck it in,
I feel it move across my skin.
I'm reaching up and reaching out,
I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me.
And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been.
We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.

Spiral out. Keep going, going...

-Vicarious and Aenema-

--well, needless to say, these two didn't even happen--

I'm sorry to be such a downer, but I thought this was the only way I could express just how cheated I felt by that show. This was my 7th Tool show and by far the worst. Even their rusty performance at the Paramount Theater in Oakland last May was unspeakably more enjoyable simply because it looked like they gave a damn.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:12 AM   #32
Level 2 - Poster

I'm glad some of my fellow posters agree with me that the Reno show was a very poor offering from Tool. Though Danny is still recuperating from his injury, he was amazing on the kit. Maynard's apathetic attitude and lack of effort were what really set me off. If he was sick, he definitely should have said something. If he was offended by the stage rusher, the crowd's response, or the way security handled it, he should have said something. He never addressed the crowd once during the show, which leads me to believe he just doesn't care. I was almost heartbroken thinking that I may never get to see them again in full force.

My contribution will be to help convey just how much I felt was missing from that show. While I do appreciate it when bands alter the live performance of a song for artistic effect or to spice it up a bit, the lack of singing from Maynard was definitely not a favorable subtraction by any means. Below I have listed the vocal parts that I noticed were missing. If I misremembered anything, please politely correct me.

-46 and 2-

My shadow.
Change is coming through my shadow.
My shadow's shedding skin
I've been picking
My scabs again.

My shadow
Change is coming.
Now is my time.
Listen to my muscle memory.
Contemplate what I've been clinging to.
Forty-six and two ahead of me.

I choose to live and to
Lie, kill and give and to
Die, learn and love and to
Do what it takes to step through.

See my shadow changing,
Stretching up and over me.
Soften this old armor.
Hoping I can clear the way
By stepping through my shadow,
Coming out the other side.
Step into the shadow.
Forty six and two are just ahead of me.

-Schism-

The poetry that comes from the squaring off between,
And the circling is worth it.
Finding beauty in the dissonance.

Between supposed lovers. 2x
I know the pieces fit (many times).

-Rosetta stoned-

You'd better listen (repeated).

(that hiiiigh-ya-ya-yah part).

--sang through the megaphone during most parts which he normally sings through the mic--

-Right in Two-

Benched along with patience and reason.
Wondering where this tug of war will end.

[Cutting it all right in two
/ Cut it all right in two]
/ Cutting our love right in two]

-10,000 Days-

--after the stage rusher incident, he cut off in the middle of the line that precedes what I have below--

Judith Marie, unconditional one.

Daylight dims leaving cold fluorescents.
Difficult to see you in this light.
Please forgive this bold suggestion, but
Should you see your Maker's face tonight,
Look Him in the eye, look Him in the eye, and tell Him:
"I never lived a lie, never took a life, but surely saved one.
Hallelujah, it's time for you to bring me home."

-Lateralus-

-Vicarious and Aenema-

I'm sorry to be such a downer, but I thought this was the only way I could express just how cheated I felt by that show. This was my 7th Tool show and by far the worst. Even their rusty performance at the Paramount Theater in Oakland last May was unspeakably more enjoyable simply because it looked like they gave a damn.
OFFLINE |  
TheGoldenLemur
05-02-2007, 01:15 AM

Even though maynard wasn't ready to ruin his voice for the biggest little city in the world, whereas in kansas city, he said "my doctor says i shouldn't sing this song, but if i don't you're all going to bich like a bunch of babies" in reference to the pot, and despite the fact that he omitted himself from all the strenuous/my favorite parts of all but two songs, the look of befuddlement on the drunk headbanger's face when right in two came on, was enough to send me back to SF happy.
He was understandably mad when the reno crowd erupted in deafening applause not at 10,00 days--a song that in six shows this year, i've only seen one other time--but for the idiot that i was praying for adam to kick in the face.

Imagine you created a piece of art, showcasing the purest expression of human emotion you know how to depict, and a dude pisses all over it while a crowd of thousands cheers wildly for that lost soul--oh yeah, and the work of art is about your recently decesased mother.
In retrospect, we're lucky they even came on stage.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:15 AM   #33
Level 1 - Lurker

Even though maynard wasn't ready to ruin his voice for the biggest little city in the world, whereas in kansas city, he said "my doctor says i shouldn't sing this song, but if i don't you're all going to bich like a bunch of babies" in reference to the pot, and despite the fact that he omitted himself from all the strenuous/my favorite parts of all but two songs, the look of befuddlement on the drunk headbanger's face when right in two came on, was enough to send me back to SF happy.
He was understandably mad when the reno crowd erupted in deafening applause not at 10,00 days--a song that in six shows this year, i've only seen one other time--but for the idiot that i was praying for adam to kick in the face.

Imagine you created a piece of art, showcasing the purest expression of human emotion you know how to depict, and a dude pisses all over it while a crowd of thousands cheers wildly for that lost soul--oh yeah, and the work of art is about your recently decesased mother.
In retrospect, we're lucky they even came on stage.
OFFLINE |  
MunsterRugby07's Avatar MunsterRugby07
05-02-2007, 06:50 AM

I haven't seen Tool alot...so I don't have the frame of reference most of you have....with that in mind, I am struggling with tempering disappointment with contentment. Disappointment with being let down, simply because of my own sky-high expectations of Tool and contentment with the fact that even a 'sub-par' Tool show is still infinately better than anything else happening right now. (Think Good Charlotte (yack), Fall Out Boy, and Killers)

Tool as a band, and it's musical works, are an art form (obviously). When they take the stage and perform live though, they enter a relationship, of sorts, with the audience and both work together in the expression of that art. When some redneck decides to throw things, or forgets pit protocol, or....jumps on stage, it has to upset them, or at the very least distract them, and that has to upset the art being layed out on stage and things would in turn unravel.

I guess with everything that's happened I respect the live performance more cause I learned that one person being off, or one redneck jumping on stage, can really short-circuit things. That makes it kinda scary too though cause you pay $120 and get your hopes up waiting for that day to show up and then...well, you were there....

But as many of you have said, an explanation would have probably disarmed everyone a bit. But, am I owed that even? I'm just reluctant to be too demanding of someone who is freely sharing part of themself with me. Cause they can just say "fuck it" at some point and pack it in.

Maybe I don't get it though, that's just my perspective on it.

And if it made no sense, forgive me....im tired :-)
Old 05-02-2007, 06:50 AM   #34
Level 1 - Lurker

I haven't seen Tool alot...so I don't have the frame of reference most of you have....with that in mind, I am struggling with tempering disappointment with contentment. Disappointment with being let down, simply because of my own sky-high expectations of Tool and contentment with the fact that even a 'sub-par' Tool show is still infinately better than anything else happening right now. (Think Good Charlotte (yack), Fall Out Boy, and Killers)

Tool as a band, and it's musical works, are an art form (obviously). When they take the stage and perform live though, they enter a relationship, of sorts, with the audience and both work together in the expression of that art. When some redneck decides to throw things, or forgets pit protocol, or....jumps on stage, it has to upset them, or at the very least distract them, and that has to upset the art being layed out on stage and things would in turn unravel.

I guess with everything that's happened I respect the live performance more cause I learned that one person being off, or one redneck jumping on stage, can really short-circuit things. That makes it kinda scary too though cause you pay $120 and get your hopes up waiting for that day to show up and then...well, you were there....

But as many of you have said, an explanation would have probably disarmed everyone a bit. But, am I owed that even? I'm just reluctant to be too demanding of someone who is freely sharing part of themself with me. Cause they can just say "fuck it" at some point and pack it in.

Maybe I don't get it though, that's just my perspective on it.

And if it made no sense, forgive me....im tired :-)
05-02-2007, 07:27 AM

I am going to chime back in here...I have had additional time to reflect and I would like to amend my previous post a bit...

It is well-known that TOOL sees themselves as "an instrument" (hence the name) of education into different perspectives and "states of being"...this is clearly reflected in their music...music meaning words and tunes...and they do a very good job at this which is why I, for one, will always appreciate their work and performances, even if it is not "what I expected"...

What I have learned about TOOL in my time is not to have any expectations. It makes what they do, what they "say" that much more powerful and meaningful.

Part of MJK's persona is that he like to have "conversations" with the crowd...some of their songs, such as Vicarious, are illustrations of this. While I can honestly say that I was a bit disheartened that he didn't sing the "hooks" or "climaxes" of the songs (and I doubt this was for any reason than it just "wasn't in him" in Reno) I can entertain the notion that, as an audience, it is good for him...for all of them to hear us singing it for him. To show them that we can adjust and be a part of the show as well.

TOOL has always been a band that tries to create an interactive experience with its fans. Most other acts out there just want to go on stage, do their thing, and move on. In the meantime, these folks saturate our minds through the interwebs, media, tv shows, etc.. with their rhetoric. Blah Blah Blah. TOOL is not like that. They put our money where their mouths are in song and show...and they leave the rest to us...to draw our own conclusions...make our own decisions...be who we want to be...and we thank them for the inspiration.

Would MJK telling us the audience that his voice was shot or the he was sick REALLY make a difference? I don't think so. I think people would complain either way because that is what people do....complain.

TOOL will stop touring and creating when people stop understanding what they are all about and I fear we are getting closer to that...

Would I have liked to hear MJK sing in full voice "Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position...such a heavy burden now to be the One. Born to bear and bring you all the details of our ending...to write it down for all the world to see...." Of course I would. But I'll telly you that I had goose-bumps and tears in my eyes as I sang it for him...and I have them now as I type.

/cried the whole Marysville show...as I sang.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:27 AM   #35
Level 2 - Poster

I am going to chime back in here...I have had additional time to reflect and I would like to amend my previous post a bit...

It is well-known that TOOL sees themselves as "an instrument" (hence the name) of education into different perspectives and "states of being"...this is clearly reflected in their music...music meaning words and tunes...and they do a very good job at this which is why I, for one, will always appreciate their work and performances, even if it is not "what I expected"...

What I have learned about TOOL in my time is not to have any expectations. It makes what they do, what they "say" that much more powerful and meaningful.

Part of MJK's persona is that he like to have "conversations" with the crowd...some of their songs, such as Vicarious, are illustrations of this. While I can honestly say that I was a bit disheartened that he didn't sing the "hooks" or "climaxes" of the songs (and I doubt this was for any reason than it just "wasn't in him" in Reno) I can entertain the notion that, as an audience, it is good for him...for all of them to hear us singing it for him. To show them that we can adjust and be a part of the show as well.

TOOL has always been a band that tries to create an interactive experience with its fans. Most other acts out there just want to go on stage, do their thing, and move on. In the meantime, these folks saturate our minds through the interwebs, media, tv shows, etc.. with their rhetoric. Blah Blah Blah. TOOL is not like that. They put our money where their mouths are in song and show...and they leave the rest to us...to draw our own conclusions...make our own decisions...be who we want to be...and we thank them for the inspiration.

Would MJK telling us the audience that his voice was shot or the he was sick REALLY make a difference? I don't think so. I think people would complain either way because that is what people do....complain.

TOOL will stop touring and creating when people stop understanding what they are all about and I fear we are getting closer to that...

Would I have liked to hear MJK sing in full voice "Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position...such a heavy burden now to be the One. Born to bear and bring you all the details of our ending...to write it down for all the world to see...." Of course I would. But I'll telly you that I had goose-bumps and tears in my eyes as I sang it for him...and I have them now as I type.

05-02-2007, 07:32 AM

My 8th show, will forever be spoiled by the 1st time I saw 'em at the Livestock Events Center back in 98 on the Aenima tour and they played No Quarter for the encore.
An OK show, sound started off too bassy, really boomy in my 3rd row location but got better as the show went on. Danny sounded great, but am I the only one who noticed when they took a bit of a break that he had an ice bag on his bicep? Didn't seem to affect his playing any but he must not be feeling 100%. Thought this might've had as much to do with them not coming out for an encore as douchebag.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:32 AM   #36
Level 1 - Lurker

My 8th show, will forever be spoiled by the 1st time I saw 'em at the Livestock Events Center back in 98 on the Aenima tour and they played No Quarter for the encore.
An OK show, sound started off too bassy, really boomy in my 3rd row location but got better as the show went on. Danny sounded great, but am I the only one who noticed when they took a bit of a break that he had an ice bag on his bicep? Didn't seem to affect his playing any but he must not be feeling 100%. Thought this might've had as much to do with them not coming out for an encore as douchebag.
OFFLINE |  
nemofish
05-02-2007, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Bars View Post
-Lateralus-

-Vicarious and Aenema-

Just to throw in my two cents, I'm pretty sure he sang the part of Lateralus that you quoted here, though of course I could be mistaken.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:15 AM   #37
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Bars View Post
-Lateralus-

-Vicarious and Aenema-

Just to throw in my two cents, I'm pretty sure he sang the part of Lateralus that you quoted here, though of course I could be mistaken.
OFFLINE |  
UndertowCon46
05-02-2007, 08:40 AM

Due to the insane amount of money I just spent, I'm getting this off my chest.

My god that was terrible. I just got home after going to one of the Vegas shows and this one. I flew out west from NY, despite Albany and Canada shows later this summer because I won't be available. This was the worst Tool show I've ever seen, and probably my last unless reviews start turning around. Maynard doesn't care anymore. Period. Stop being affraid to say it and making defenses, he's not going to hurt you, he's just going to buy more wine with your money.

I had some great shows this tour, my favorite being Fox Theatre Detroit last May, on their warm up small venue stint. That was the best I've seen them do for 10,000 Days and ever since I've had an increasing sense that the Nard isn't in it like he used to be. Because he used to be my favorite member of the band it pains me more than you know to realize this. I've seen enough shows to say this NEVER happened before on other tours and isn't an isolated incident this tour. I was along the lines some of you are still at earlier, such as thinking he's saving his voice, or expressing the art in a more musical form. Total BS, this was show number five this tour spread out all over the country over a full years time. I've experienced the vibe. He's a selfish rock star now.

At first this tour I was dissapointed to see him in a cowboy hat dancing around during songs like Schism or Lateralus (as opposed to Lateralus shows where he was totally serious and delivering a powerful message)... but then I adapted and accepted that the band was just playing hits to have fun. It became fun for me as well, despite still prefering the mystical stage pressence of years past. Today is where I draw the line. He slapped us all in the face. If you're sick, FINE... say something about it. I had to laugh at a poster above so hesitant to go against Tool that he said the second hand smoke probably made Maynard not talk. Come on, I sort of get that, but one line of explanation isn't going to kill a guy thats making millions on our money. And somebody said we should be lucky he even came on stage when a member of the crowd ruined 10,000 Days. You'd be right if that was the first song of the show, it wasn't. Maynard wasn't there long before that incident even occured. At least the rest of the band is still completely solid, and looks like they care (ex. Danny going insane during Lateralus, as if to say "sorry guys, I know it sucked tonight... take this home at least") Nobody respond to this, I already know I sound like a jerk. Like I said, just a rant because of how much money I lost. ~Out

Last edited by UndertowCon46; 05-02-2007 at 08:48 AM.. Reason: looks too long, sloppy
Old 05-02-2007, 08:40 AM   #38
Level 3 - Talker

My god that was terrible. I just got home after going to one of the Vegas shows and this one. I flew out west from NY, despite Albany and Canada shows later this summer because I won't be available. This was the worst Tool show I've ever seen, and probably my last unless reviews start turning around. Maynard doesn't care anymore. Period. Stop being affraid to say it and making defenses, he's not going to hurt you, he's just going to buy more wine with your money.

I had some great shows this tour, my favorite being Fox Theatre Detroit last May, on their warm up small venue stint. That was the best I've seen them do for 10,000 Days and ever since I've had an increasing sense that the Nard isn't in it like he used to be. Because he used to be my favorite member of the band it pains me more than you know to realize this. I've seen enough shows to say this NEVER happened before on other tours and isn't an isolated incident this tour. I was along the lines some of you are still at earlier, such as thinking he's saving his voice, or expressing the art in a more musical form. Total BS, this was show number five this tour spread out all over the country over a full years time. I've experienced the vibe. He's a selfish rock star now.

At first this tour I was dissapointed to see him in a cowboy hat dancing around during songs like Schism or Lateralus (as opposed to Lateralus shows where he was totally serious and delivering a powerful message)... but then I adapted and accepted that the band was just playing hits to have fun. It became fun for me as well, despite still prefering the mystical stage pressence of years past. Today is where I draw the line. He slapped us all in the face. If you're sick, FINE... say something about it. I had to laugh at a poster above so hesitant to go against Tool that he said the second hand smoke probably made Maynard not talk. Come on, I sort of get that, but one line of explanation isn't going to kill a guy thats making millions on our money. And somebody said we should be lucky he even came on stage when a member of the crowd ruined 10,000 Days. You'd be right if that was the first song of the show, it wasn't. Maynard wasn't there long before that incident even occured. At least the rest of the band is still completely solid, and looks like they care (ex. Danny going insane during Lateralus, as if to say "sorry guys, I know it sucked tonight... take this home at least") Nobody respond to this, I already know I sound like a jerk. Like I said, just a rant because of how much money I lost. ~Out

Last edited by UndertowCon46; 05-02-2007 at 08:48 AM.. Reason: looks too long, sloppy
OFFLINE |  
close_fiend
05-02-2007, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndertowCon46 View Post

i couldnt agree with you more, i also spent some insane money on this show! the only good thing waz that afterwards i went to the atlantis casino and won a couple grand, so i dont feel cheated anymore! i still thought DC was solid! the rest of the band was sloppy and im being nice! maynard has totally lost my respect! Im not so sure if ill ever sink big cash into a tool show again, well unless they play near a casino again! oh yeah, did i mention how bad the sound was?
Old 05-02-2007, 09:20 AM   #39
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndertowCon46 View Post

i couldnt agree with you more, i also spent some insane money on this show! the only good thing waz that afterwards i went to the atlantis casino and won a couple grand, so i dont feel cheated anymore! i still thought DC was solid! the rest of the band was sloppy and im being nice! maynard has totally lost my respect! Im not so sure if ill ever sink big cash into a tool show again, well unless they play near a casino again! oh yeah, did i mention how bad the sound was?
OFFLINE |  
close_fiend
05-02-2007, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Coors Light View Post

dude, get a fucking clue will ya! we pay to hear them sing, not to sing to them! this show was a slap in the face to the fans who spent hard earned cash to see tool! i was at the marysville show too, 5th row orchestra, and i was totally blown away, it was the best tool show ive seen to date! this was the worst!
Old 05-02-2007, 09:34 AM   #40
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Coors Light View Post

dude, get a fucking clue will ya! we pay to hear them sing, not to sing to them! this show was a slap in the face to the fans who spent hard earned cash to see tool! i was at the marysville show too, 5th row orchestra, and i was totally blown away, it was the best tool show ive seen to date! this was the worst!
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply