Rosetta Stoned
Right in Two
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenema

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

this is the voice of original sin • take it. [attrition]

Last edited by paraflux; 05-06-2007 at 07:00 AM..
Old 04-27-2007, 09:45 AM   #1
t.d.n creator/presidenté

Bincount™: 116
2007/05/05 - Las Cruces, NM - Pan American Center

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 and 2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Right in Two
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenema

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

this is the voice of original sin • take it. [attrition]

Last edited by paraflux; 05-06-2007 at 07:00 AM..
OFFLINE |  
licks and teeches's Avatar licks and teeches
05-06-2007, 12:39 AM

Killer performance by the guys tonight,no Pushit but Right in Two was fuckin awesome
other than that standard setlist
really cool laser visual projection screen thing before wings/10x days,I'll post more later...must sleep
Old 05-06-2007, 12:39 AM   #2
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/05 - Las Cruces, NM - Pan American Center

Killer performance by the guys tonight,no Pushit but Right in Two was fuckin awesome
other than that standard setlist
really cool laser visual projection screen thing before wings/10x days,I'll post more later...must sleep
05-06-2007, 02:11 AM

Without a doubt, the best of many fantastic live performances I've had the privelege to witness. This was the first Tool concert I've been to of 3, where the crowd actually added to the ambiance of the experience(aside from some assholes who failed to show reverence to the content of 10,000 days and Wings). The setlist was awesome, the performance was incredible, the light show and videos were absolutely mind-blowing. For the first time in my life, I'm proud to be a citizen of Las Cruces, NM. I can't thank the Tool family for what they've done for myself and my loved ones enough. If I died right now, I'd be a smidgeon more prepared to face whatever may happen to be waiting for me on the otherside than I would have been yesterday. My only hope is that the band enjoyed us enough to come back next time around. Danny, Adam, Justin, and Maynard, your art, and by extension, your collective consciousness is as a foglight that directs within as opposed to about, for those potential torchbearers of the aeon. You've helped me make the meanderings in my personal labyrinth a joyful excursion as opposed to a burdensome exile. I'll be seeing you all again in Albuquerque. Happy trails.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:11 AM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Without a doubt, the best of many fantastic live performances I've had the privelege to witness. This was the first Tool concert I've been to of 3, where the crowd actually added to the ambiance of the experience(aside from some assholes who failed to show reverence to the content of 10,000 days and Wings). The setlist was awesome, the performance was incredible, the light show and videos were absolutely mind-blowing. For the first time in my life, I'm proud to be a citizen of Las Cruces, NM. I can't thank the Tool family for what they've done for myself and my loved ones enough. If I died right now, I'd be a smidgeon more prepared to face whatever may happen to be waiting for me on the otherside than I would have been yesterday. My only hope is that the band enjoyed us enough to come back next time around. Danny, Adam, Justin, and Maynard, your art, and by extension, your collective consciousness is as a foglight that directs within as opposed to about, for those potential torchbearers of the aeon. You've helped me make the meanderings in my personal labyrinth a joyful excursion as opposed to a burdensome exile. I'll be seeing you all again in Albuquerque. Happy trails.
OFFLINE |  
americanhyena's Avatar americanhyena
05-06-2007, 03:18 AM

i wasn't happy with the setlist, and jambi is a terrible opener. nobody even got into it at all until they started playing stinkfist. other than that everything was pretty awesome. yayness. it's after 6am and i just got home.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:18 AM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 15

i wasn't happy with the setlist, and jambi is a terrible opener. nobody even got into it at all until they started playing stinkfist. other than that everything was pretty awesome. yayness. it's after 6am and i just got home.
OFFLINE |  
lexiconoclast's Avatar lexiconoclast
05-06-2007, 06:38 AM

that show was fucking amazing

you could not have known danny carey's bicep had been torn

except for when they iced it during a break

the rest of the guys stage presence was inspiring mysterious and vivid as ever

incredible visual experience

the setlist above is accurate, and i have no fucking complaint whatsoever about it

fer fucks sake

lateralus was like a pharmecutical ballet

the ripping schism bridge was impeccable

i couldnt get the smile off my face for rosetta stoned, the visuals were stimulating

cant wait for albuquerque
Old 05-06-2007, 06:38 AM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

that show was fucking amazing

you could not have known danny carey's bicep had been torn

except for when they iced it during a break

the rest of the guys stage presence was inspiring mysterious and vivid as ever

incredible visual experience

the setlist above is accurate, and i have no fucking complaint whatsoever about it

fer fucks sake

lateralus was like a pharmecutical ballet

the ripping schism bridge was impeccable

i couldnt get the smile off my face for rosetta stoned, the visuals were stimulating

cant wait for albuquerque
05-06-2007, 08:11 AM

i knew Tool was great, but this show surpassed any expectations I've ever had concerning this band. i had only previously seen them at Coachella last year, but this show makes that one look and sound like shit. my absolute favorite parts of the show were when they would embellish what was on the record-something I wasn't expecting at all from them as they usually don't veer far off from the album recording. the extended parts on 46 &2, schism, Lateralus, and 10000 days were too good for words. Danny was unbelievably fast on those and Rosetta and Right in Two, he was just this blur of incredible dexterity and precision. he played far faster than i previously thought he was capable of. he really did. it was as if he went out of his way to play as fast as he could to prove to anyone that may have doubted he still had it after his injury. yet all the time he made it look effortless. he was playing his most fusion-tinged material to date. it was by and far the best drumming i've ever seen. throughout the entire i show, i kept thinking to myself," i hope someone is recording this, either audio or video" and all the non-album parts they were playing were phenomenal. They were playing parts that sounded like nothing they've ever done, these parts sounded like their best material since Lateralus(in fact, it sounded better than Lateralus). the light show was magnificent to say the least.this show placed Tool back on top for me. i mean i liked 10000 days, but it was a step back from Lateralus. the 10000 days songs live were incredible,though. they even made songs that i had already grown weary of(Jambi, Vicarious, Stinkfist) sound fresher and better than they ever have. the band played the most interesting things i've ever heard from them at this show, and i hope the nonalbum parts they were playing really dictate the direction they are going in since these parts are better than anything i've heard from them prior.to top it off, at the end of the show, Danny threw his drumskin like a frisbee into the audience and I caught it. and it had his autograph on it.

a night of pure bliss
Old 05-06-2007, 08:11 AM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

i knew Tool was great, but this show surpassed any expectations I've ever had concerning this band. i had only previously seen them at Coachella last year, but this show makes that one look and sound like shit. my absolute favorite parts of the show were when they would embellish what was on the record-something I wasn't expecting at all from them as they usually don't veer far off from the album recording. the extended parts on 46 &2, schism, Lateralus, and 10000 days were too good for words. Danny was unbelievably fast on those and Rosetta and Right in Two, he was just this blur of incredible dexterity and precision. he played far faster than i previously thought he was capable of. he really did. it was as if he went out of his way to play as fast as he could to prove to anyone that may have doubted he still had it after his injury. yet all the time he made it look effortless. he was playing his most fusion-tinged material to date. it was by and far the best drumming i've ever seen. throughout the entire i show, i kept thinking to myself," i hope someone is recording this, either audio or video" and all the non-album parts they were playing were phenomenal. They were playing parts that sounded like nothing they've ever done, these parts sounded like their best material since Lateralus(in fact, it sounded better than Lateralus). the light show was magnificent to say the least.this show placed Tool back on top for me. i mean i liked 10000 days, but it was a step back from Lateralus. the 10000 days songs live were incredible,though. they even made songs that i had already grown weary of(Jambi, Vicarious, Stinkfist) sound fresher and better than they ever have. the band played the most interesting things i've ever heard from them at this show, and i hope the nonalbum parts they were playing really dictate the direction they are going in since these parts are better than anything i've heard from them prior.to top it off, at the end of the show, Danny threw his drumskin like a frisbee into the audience and I caught it. and it had his autograph on it.

a night of pure bliss
OFFLINE |  
TKnox
05-06-2007, 08:36 AM

I loved the show. Holy Crap INCREDIBLE. Struck me to the core.

Kinski opened for about 20 minutes of instrumental. Not bad. I can hear a Tool influence in them. They may do better with some sort of vocalist. Anyhow...

1. So glad to hear Right In Two.
2. What an excellent light show. Loved the cloud look with the lasers and smoke
for Wings/10K days.
3. Wish they would have played The Pot and Sober, but not bitchin'
4. Maynard speaks! "How many of you are going to celebrate cinco de mayo? Well, I have news for you...it's cinco de mayo"
Later he said two different comments about getting drunk have fun but to not do it around him or something like that. But overall, sensed a good mood from all of them.
And before Aenema he said "Thank You" which the crowd loved
5. Interesting to watch the setup crew as they wear socks or booties on the stage. No shoes allowed, and when you are high enough to see the lights on the floor you'll realize why.
6. The crowd sang along very loud. Even Maynard stuck his mic out there as I'm sure he noticed the loud roar of the audience singing.
7. I'm heading off to Iraq next month for an entire year. I couldn't have asked for a better show before leaving.
8. From where I was the vocals seemed kind of tough to understand at times. I know the lyrics so no prob for me, but for others that don't they would have trouble understanding some of it. But who cares, learn the lyrics! haha
9. Oh yeah, very cool vid for Rosetta Stoned. Alien ship over the pyramid, Great moving images of Saturn and quick flashes of the entire abduction experience...everything flashing really fast and intense like pictures in a memory he couldn't write down since "I forgot my pen"
10. Excellent finish with Aenema. Very fitting for the times.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:36 AM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

I loved the show. Holy Crap INCREDIBLE. Struck me to the core.

Kinski opened for about 20 minutes of instrumental. Not bad. I can hear a Tool influence in them. They may do better with some sort of vocalist. Anyhow...

1. So glad to hear Right In Two.
2. What an excellent light show. Loved the cloud look with the lasers and smoke
for Wings/10K days.
3. Wish they would have played The Pot and Sober, but not bitchin'
4. Maynard speaks! "How many of you are going to celebrate cinco de mayo? Well, I have news for you...it's cinco de mayo"
Later he said two different comments about getting drunk have fun but to not do it around him or something like that. But overall, sensed a good mood from all of them.
And before Aenema he said "Thank You" which the crowd loved
5. Interesting to watch the setup crew as they wear socks or booties on the stage. No shoes allowed, and when you are high enough to see the lights on the floor you'll realize why.
6. The crowd sang along very loud. Even Maynard stuck his mic out there as I'm sure he noticed the loud roar of the audience singing.
7. I'm heading off to Iraq next month for an entire year. I couldn't have asked for a better show before leaving.
8. From where I was the vocals seemed kind of tough to understand at times. I know the lyrics so no prob for me, but for others that don't they would have trouble understanding some of it. But who cares, learn the lyrics! haha
9. Oh yeah, very cool vid for Rosetta Stoned. Alien ship over the pyramid, Great moving images of Saturn and quick flashes of the entire abduction experience...everything flashing really fast and intense like pictures in a memory he couldn't write down since "I forgot my pen"
10. Excellent finish with Aenema. Very fitting for the times.
OFFLINE |  
Cpt_insano_2k7
05-06-2007, 08:50 AM

The lights go down, and people lit the fuck up! It was funny to watch security scrambling to try to keep people from smoking pot and drinking and all that stuff. The wave of smoke hitting your face was so strong at first, but wore out just as fast.

Whoever the fuck thought it would be cool to start chucking cups full of beer everywhere really should stop and ask themselves what the fuck they are trying to do. Although im not positive, I could swear I saw Adam get nailed by a cup and take a step back. Maynard later signalled to him the "kill it" motion, but adam shook his head no.

The band is beyond any musical talent today, to put it lightly. The sound they can produce together was so unreal and amazing it was worth the money just to see them Live. (first time ever seeing Tool)

Setlist schmetlist, it dosnt really matter what they played it was amazing music and while I was pretty buzzed for the opening band (who was that by the way? and was it me or was the guitarist taking it way too far over the top trying to make it sound abstract?) I was pretty sober for the bulk of Tool, and I still felt like I was tripping on mushrooms. But in terms of the setlist they played, how many shows has tool done? how many times do you think they have practiced? no wonder they are playing a good chunk from their new album. Im sure that they never wanted to become a band that played "greatest hits" all the time. How many times have you heard songs like parabola? swamp song? opiate? flood? hasnt it really lost its initial effect that it had on you? Much like a cigarette, or heroin, or any drug. The first hit gets you the highest, and you keep going back for more to try to get there again.

I think tool is aware of this and they are totally making fun of us for it. People have become so dependent upon the music and the emotions it gives to them that there is no surprise anymore. The effects are known and expected and no longer a surprise or shock.

It really all came together for me at this show. I mean, I have spent some time wondering about Tools future, but I now have no doubt in my mind that this is the last tour for them. They are professionals at what they do, but in my opinion they are making a mockery of all of us. Rosetta stoned was amazing live, but it the whole message behind it was directed toward those concert fans, all of whom are willing to drop 50 bucks on a ticket, and spend 2 hours listening and watching an amazing show, but wont do a damned thing after it to try to develop themselves. Resorting to intoxication to try to get more out of something when a sober experience would have been just as incredible.

Back to the whole mockery thing, did you see how stupid those shirts were? I mean they were absolutely everything that Tool was against in the beginning, and now they are selling it for 40 bucks a pop and singing songs about how its wrong, and still people will buy it. The following the band has now is going to destroy it. Its become so big that the morons are getting involved, the drug crazed alcohol infused individuals who cannot escape from the chains of our society and actually think for themselves.

This was the first time I saw Tool, and it will probably be the only time. Not that I didnt enjoy it, I mean this was the best performance I have ever seen in my life, but its clear to me now that the band was formed with the intention of getting people to do something out of the ordinary. To think for themselves and actually attempt something they wouldnt have otherwise done, and become good at it. People that follow this tour are probably die hard fans but come on guys, look at what you are doing. Look at all the money, time, and potential you are giving up just to see a band play the same setlist over and over.

They are making a mockery of this type of thing. If you cant see it, maybe im crazy. But thats really what I think is going on.

For those of you wondering how the sound was, I was impressed with what they could pull off in the pan american, Although it did seem like the sound techs were having trouble getting the sound they wanted at first. The drums, bass and guitar were so overpowering over maynard in the beginning it was next to impossible to hear him, but they seemed to iron it out fairly well by the time 46 and 2 was played. I got the impression that they were used to playing at much larger venues and had trouble adjusting the sound and equipment to the smaller stadium.

So my overall opinion? BEST FUCKING SHOW I have ever seen. But you will never see me go back for another one. maybe if they did a reunion tour 25 years from now after we have seen some change in this world and we can rejoin and listen to the music that described the pain, agony, anger, destruction, and hope to change the way of our society.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:50 AM   #8
Level 2 - Poster

The lights go down, and people lit the fuck up! It was funny to watch security scrambling to try to keep people from smoking pot and drinking and all that stuff. The wave of smoke hitting your face was so strong at first, but wore out just as fast.

Whoever the fuck thought it would be cool to start chucking cups full of beer everywhere really should stop and ask themselves what the fuck they are trying to do. Although im not positive, I could swear I saw Adam get nailed by a cup and take a step back. Maynard later signalled to him the "kill it" motion, but adam shook his head no.

The band is beyond any musical talent today, to put it lightly. The sound they can produce together was so unreal and amazing it was worth the money just to see them Live. (first time ever seeing Tool)

Setlist schmetlist, it dosnt really matter what they played it was amazing music and while I was pretty buzzed for the opening band (who was that by the way? and was it me or was the guitarist taking it way too far over the top trying to make it sound abstract?) I was pretty sober for the bulk of Tool, and I still felt like I was tripping on mushrooms. But in terms of the setlist they played, how many shows has tool done? how many times do you think they have practiced? no wonder they are playing a good chunk from their new album. Im sure that they never wanted to become a band that played "greatest hits" all the time. How many times have you heard songs like parabola? swamp song? opiate? flood? hasnt it really lost its initial effect that it had on you? Much like a cigarette, or heroin, or any drug. The first hit gets you the highest, and you keep going back for more to try to get there again.

I think tool is aware of this and they are totally making fun of us for it. People have become so dependent upon the music and the emotions it gives to them that there is no surprise anymore. The effects are known and expected and no longer a surprise or shock.

It really all came together for me at this show. I mean, I have spent some time wondering about Tools future, but I now have no doubt in my mind that this is the last tour for them. They are professionals at what they do, but in my opinion they are making a mockery of all of us. Rosetta stoned was amazing live, but it the whole message behind it was directed toward those concert fans, all of whom are willing to drop 50 bucks on a ticket, and spend 2 hours listening and watching an amazing show, but wont do a damned thing after it to try to develop themselves. Resorting to intoxication to try to get more out of something when a sober experience would have been just as incredible.

Back to the whole mockery thing, did you see how stupid those shirts were? I mean they were absolutely everything that Tool was against in the beginning, and now they are selling it for 40 bucks a pop and singing songs about how its wrong, and still people will buy it. The following the band has now is going to destroy it. Its become so big that the morons are getting involved, the drug crazed alcohol infused individuals who cannot escape from the chains of our society and actually think for themselves.

This was the first time I saw Tool, and it will probably be the only time. Not that I didnt enjoy it, I mean this was the best performance I have ever seen in my life, but its clear to me now that the band was formed with the intention of getting people to do something out of the ordinary. To think for themselves and actually attempt something they wouldnt have otherwise done, and become good at it. People that follow this tour are probably die hard fans but come on guys, look at what you are doing. Look at all the money, time, and potential you are giving up just to see a band play the same setlist over and over.

They are making a mockery of this type of thing. If you cant see it, maybe im crazy. But thats really what I think is going on.

For those of you wondering how the sound was, I was impressed with what they could pull off in the pan american, Although it did seem like the sound techs were having trouble getting the sound they wanted at first. The drums, bass and guitar were so overpowering over maynard in the beginning it was next to impossible to hear him, but they seemed to iron it out fairly well by the time 46 and 2 was played. I got the impression that they were used to playing at much larger venues and had trouble adjusting the sound and equipment to the smaller stadium.

So my overall opinion? BEST FUCKING SHOW I have ever seen. But you will never see me go back for another one. maybe if they did a reunion tour 25 years from now after we have seen some change in this world and we can rejoin and listen to the music that described the pain, agony, anger, destruction, and hope to change the way of our society.
OFFLINE |  
Poigea
05-06-2007, 12:00 PM

Amazing show...

Second TOOL concert I have been to, and it was the second best live performance I have ever seen behind the Lateralus show. I was a little worried going into it after reading some of the reviews of previous shows, but the concert was literally breathtaking. The sound was as good as it could have been given the venue, and Maynard sang all of the songs (I was worried about this from the other shows).

Highlights for me were Wings/10,000 Days and Lateralus, the music/vocals were perfect and all of the videos, lasers, and smoke added to the whole experience to the point of being overwhelming.

Overall a great night, looking forward to another exceptional performance Tuesday night in Albuquerque.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:00 PM   #9
Level 2 - Poster

Amazing show...

Second TOOL concert I have been to, and it was the second best live performance I have ever seen behind the Lateralus show. I was a little worried going into it after reading some of the reviews of previous shows, but the concert was literally breathtaking. The sound was as good as it could have been given the venue, and Maynard sang all of the songs (I was worried about this from the other shows).

Highlights for me were Wings/10,000 Days and Lateralus, the music/vocals were perfect and all of the videos, lasers, and smoke added to the whole experience to the point of being overwhelming.

Overall a great night, looking forward to another exceptional performance Tuesday night in Albuquerque.
OFFLINE |  
useful_idiot
05-06-2007, 12:08 PM

TOOL
panorama: 5 screens, the guys, and many trippy lights
the meat: these guys from tool are amazing! so incredible. the extensions to schism and 46 & 2 made you wish that someone recorded it. maynard threw in effects to his voice on certain parts that were just so tasteful. "danny carey is a machine"

(i actually said this and i got some guy kicked out... i got his attention by making my metaphor. he was excitied... first tool show ever... so i offer him a hit of this roach... as he is passing it back to me he gets busted... should i have said something? i just finished sneaking in to the floor crowd, do i really wanna leave? im sorry to that individual)

well danny carey is a machine. that drum solo he started doing where maynard pretended to warm up his hands was impeccable. seriously, i hope i wasnt the only one mesmerized. adam jones looked so awesome with his les paul. and well justin.. i saw him sporadically because of dude's heads rockin out.. well i was rockin out too... god damm good show.

did i mention TOOL kicks ass?
cheers!
Old 05-06-2007, 12:08 PM   #10
Level 3 - Talker

TOOL
panorama: 5 screens, the guys, and many trippy lights
the meat: these guys from tool are amazing! so incredible. the extensions to schism and 46 & 2 made you wish that someone recorded it. maynard threw in effects to his voice on certain parts that were just so tasteful. "danny carey is a machine"

(i actually said this and i got some guy kicked out... i got his attention by making my metaphor. he was excitied... first tool show ever... so i offer him a hit of this roach... as he is passing it back to me he gets busted... should i have said something? i just finished sneaking in to the floor crowd, do i really wanna leave? im sorry to that individual)

well danny carey is a machine. that drum solo he started doing where maynard pretended to warm up his hands was impeccable. seriously, i hope i wasnt the only one mesmerized. adam jones looked so awesome with his les paul. and well justin.. i saw him sporadically because of dude's heads rockin out.. well i was rockin out too... god damm good show.

did i mention TOOL kicks ass?
cheers!
OFFLINE |  
AloneUnaware1's Avatar AloneUnaware1
05-06-2007, 03:16 PM

AMAZING show(MY FIRST TOOL EXPERIENCE)...justin is amazing, and so is danny and i was pretty much on the rail right in front of them so i got a good view...10k days, Right in Two, and LAteralus were the highlights for me...and JAmbi kicks ass live if you ask me
Old 05-06-2007, 03:16 PM   #11
Level 4 - Thinker

AMAZING show(MY FIRST TOOL EXPERIENCE)...justin is amazing, and so is danny and i was pretty much on the rail right in front of them so i got a good view...10k days, Right in Two, and LAteralus were the highlights for me...and JAmbi kicks ass live if you ask me
05-06-2007, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AloneUnaware1 View Post
dude i was right next to you then ,me and my crazy wife rockin the hell out right in front of Justin ,closest I've ever been at a Tool show
Man Rosetta Stoned was the shit live!!
my only complaint was the ASSHATS moshing during wings/10,000 days,ohter than that GREAT FUCKING SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!Well worth the 5 year wait since last seeing them live.
Can't wait till Albuquerque Tuesday
Old 05-06-2007, 04:46 PM   #12
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AloneUnaware1 View Post
dude i was right next to you then ,me and my crazy wife rockin the hell out right in front of Justin ,closest I've ever been at a Tool show
Man Rosetta Stoned was the shit live!!
my only complaint was the ASSHATS moshing during wings/10,000 days,ohter than that GREAT FUCKING SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!Well worth the 5 year wait since last seeing them live.
Can't wait till Albuquerque Tuesday
05-06-2007, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by licks and teeches View Post
me and my crazy wife rockin the hell out right in front of Justin ,closest I've ever been at a Tool show
wow that was you!? was your wife in the front on the barrier? i was the chick right next to her. lol it was madness.

and if you were the person behind me that i smacked in the head a few times.. sorry. :)
Old 05-06-2007, 05:07 PM   #13
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by licks and teeches View Post
me and my crazy wife rockin the hell out right in front of Justin ,closest I've ever been at a Tool show
wow that was you!? was your wife in the front on the barrier? i was the chick right next to her. lol it was madness.

and if you were the person behind me that i smacked in the head a few times.. sorry. :)
OFFLINE |  
*_-tool-_* is cool's Avatar *_-tool-_* is cool
05-06-2007, 07:30 PM

hey guys im a little late & everything has been said, except we got lost keys too, but damn what a good show. Small venue, good crowd, awesome energy from the band, and did i say good crowd. Lateralus & Right in two were dope this was my 2nd tool show on this tour & let me tell you it blew the Phoenix show out of the water. I saw ticks & leeches in the t shirt line. Did any one else talk 2 DC before the show he was just walking around & cuising his Beemer. WOw what a night i had 4 tabs of some fun from coachella & im glad i experienced this with all of you

Last edited by *_-tool-_* is cool; 05-06-2007 at 07:33 PM..
Old 05-06-2007, 07:30 PM   #14
Level 2 - Poster

hey guys im a little late & everything has been said, except we got lost keys too, but damn what a good show. Small venue, good crowd, awesome energy from the band, and did i say good crowd. Lateralus & Right in two were dope this was my 2nd tool show on this tour & let me tell you it blew the Phoenix show out of the water. I saw ticks & leeches in the t shirt line. Did any one else talk 2 DC before the show he was just walking around & cuising his Beemer. WOw what a night i had 4 tabs of some fun from coachella & im glad i experienced this with all of you

Last edited by *_-tool-_* is cool; 05-06-2007 at 07:33 PM..
OFFLINE |  
engineer
05-06-2007, 08:31 PM

This was by far the greatest show I have ever seen by TooL. Just fucking great, I reall don't know how to express this experience. It was even better because they played in my home town and I could not have seen a better show. JUSt FUCKING AMAZING!!
Old 05-06-2007, 08:31 PM   #15
Level 3 - Talker

This was by far the greatest show I have ever seen by TooL. Just fucking great, I reall don't know how to express this experience. It was even better because they played in my home town and I could not have seen a better show. JUSt FUCKING AMAZING!!
05-07-2007, 12:27 AM

My 2nd Tool show and an amazing one at that. There are those who claim that they're tired of the same old setlist, and that the fact that they play the same setlist is a mockery, but I simply feel that they're perfecting their art. Quite honestly, I could care less if they played the exact same setlist in Albuquerque in a few days because the intensity of message and emotion that is conveyed by their music is incredible regardless of the song they play. At the same time, I would be overjoyed to hear a different setlist simply because I know it would contain that same intensity. Live for the music and the moment, not for the disappointment of not hearing a new song.

Jambi was played wonderfully, as usual, though sound was not perfectly worked out at this point. I was upfront and against the railing so I would expect to hear very little of Maynard, but at this point I had to strain my ears to hear him at all. Come Forty Six & 2 that problem seemed to be solved. Adam played his talkbox solo quite well. I always find it fascinating to watch him enunciating his syllables at the mike while playing the guitar at the same time. I was on the the left of the stage a little bit so Adam was nearly right in front of me and I had an excellent view of him during this solo. Hooray for arriving nearly 7 hours before the doors opened!

Stinkfist always seems to set the mood for the concert. I agree with some of the above posts in the sense that Stinkfist really should be the opener as the crowd really acquires a massive amount of energy from this song. No extension to the song, sadly. It was probably removed to be replaced by Danny's drum solo in Lateralus.

Forty Six & 2 was wonderful this time round. Last time we saw them it was in Phoenix, and Maynard was hit in the head with a bottle shortly after the previous song started(which was The Pot sadly enough). He then proceeded to kick his mic down and walked off stage. We were horrified when he didn't return until late into Forty Six & 2 and so I was overjoyed when he sang the full song this time round.

Schism was amazing. They played a combination of both a sped up bridge and a slow bridge, which was really intense. A few of my companions were in tears during this song as the whole band seemed to really be warmed up and playing as one at this point.

LOST KEYS was played prior to Rosetta, though the official setlist lacks that specific wording. The visuals for Rosetta Stoned were breath taking and at this point. I don't think there was a one of my party that wasn't misty-eyed.

Right in Two is definitely Danny's song. Watching him play his tamba pads during the drum solo was overwhelming. That man has an endless amount of talent, even after he's torn his bicep. We heard the band warming up on Intension and had hoped for this to be added to the setlist, but were sad when they proceeded directly into Right In Two.

The band took their usual 5 to 10 minute break here. Danny iced his bicep and the four sat down and relaxed and absorbed the crowd's energy. Justin pulled out his lighter, lit it, held it up, and laid down. We were all amused by this. At the end of the break, Danny took his ice bag and threw it out into the crowd.

Wings 1 and 2 are probably the most emotional songs of the whole setlist for me. I was in tears and standing open-mouthed as I could do little but watch and take it all in. I have to say, the crowd was much more respectful during this song (as would be hoped) and I'm very proud of them for that. There were the usual morons, but they can be dealt with, I suppose.

Lateralus is always mind-blowing live. The bridge was extended for Danny's solo and as usual, I was blown away by the man. At the same time, I was mind boggled by Justin. That man is solid as a rock. He watched Danny while playing his straight rythm and never lost a single beat. His time is impeccable.

Vicarious is meant to be played live. When the song was originally released as a single, I was impressed, but not immediately blown away. I think you have to see this song live to really appreciate it. Also, before this song, Maynard did his little Cinco de Mayo spiel and we were given a wonderfully long intro with Maynard and Adam on keyboards, and Justin using his beer bottle as a slide on his bass!

Aenema (or Aenima, as it was listed on the setlist), was flawless and the perfect closer.

After the show, Maynard threw several water bottles out too the crowd and Danny also threw out a drum head and drum stick. Adam also threw out one of the drum heads. The band did their usual group hug and walked off stage. As we were waiting for the crowd to clear, the clean up crew came out and one of them pulled Adam's official setlist off the stage. Those of us still near the stage threw out our arms for it. He then proceeded to fold it up several times to tease us and make us wait, but finally threw it into our grappling hands. There must've been at least a dozen people all trying to get their hands on it, but one of my party managed to grab it and held to it tight. Even when it was in his hands, people were trying to rip it from him, but thankfully one of the security folk came up and clearly stated, "He's got it. It's his." Needless to say, we were all stoked about this and plan to frame it.

Once again I am blown away by Tool's amazing ability to transfer emotion through their instruments and into my mind. They're four professionals who have learned the ins and outs of their field and can produce a result that exactly resembles what they're trying to achieve. This concert was made all the better by some of the people we met. There was a group from nearby New Mexico and Texas towns that was particularly friendly and we spent several hours chatting with in line. There were also two people from Montreal that were simply stopping by Cruces to see the show as they thought it would make a nice addition to their trip. They were certainly right!!! Last, but certainly not least. The security folk there were some of the nicest and most helpful security I've ever met. If you guys read this (particularly Joel), thanks a million!

To sum it all up, wonderful show and I can't wait until Tuesday!
Old 05-07-2007, 12:27 AM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

My 2nd Tool show and an amazing one at that. There are those who claim that they're tired of the same old setlist, and that the fact that they play the same setlist is a mockery, but I simply feel that they're perfecting their art. Quite honestly, I could care less if they played the exact same setlist in Albuquerque in a few days because the intensity of message and emotion that is conveyed by their music is incredible regardless of the song they play. At the same time, I would be overjoyed to hear a different setlist simply because I know it would contain that same intensity. Live for the music and the moment, not for the disappointment of not hearing a new song.

Jambi was played wonderfully, as usual, though sound was not perfectly worked out at this point. I was upfront and against the railing so I would expect to hear very little of Maynard, but at this point I had to strain my ears to hear him at all. Come Forty Six & 2 that problem seemed to be solved. Adam played his talkbox solo quite well. I always find it fascinating to watch him enunciating his syllables at the mike while playing the guitar at the same time. I was on the the left of the stage a little bit so Adam was nearly right in front of me and I had an excellent view of him during this solo. Hooray for arriving nearly 7 hours before the doors opened!

Stinkfist always seems to set the mood for the concert. I agree with some of the above posts in the sense that Stinkfist really should be the opener as the crowd really acquires a massive amount of energy from this song. No extension to the song, sadly. It was probably removed to be replaced by Danny's drum solo in Lateralus.

Forty Six & 2 was wonderful this time round. Last time we saw them it was in Phoenix, and Maynard was hit in the head with a bottle shortly after the previous song started(which was The Pot sadly enough). He then proceeded to kick his mic down and walked off stage. We were horrified when he didn't return until late into Forty Six & 2 and so I was overjoyed when he sang the full song this time round.

Schism was amazing. They played a combination of both a sped up bridge and a slow bridge, which was really intense. A few of my companions were in tears during this song as the whole band seemed to really be warmed up and playing as one at this point.

LOST KEYS was played prior to Rosetta, though the official setlist lacks that specific wording. The visuals for Rosetta Stoned were breath taking and at this point. I don't think there was a one of my party that wasn't misty-eyed.

Right in Two is definitely Danny's song. Watching him play his tamba pads during the drum solo was overwhelming. That man has an endless amount of talent, even after he's torn his bicep. We heard the band warming up on Intension and had hoped for this to be added to the setlist, but were sad when they proceeded directly into Right In Two.

The band took their usual 5 to 10 minute break here. Danny iced his bicep and the four sat down and relaxed and absorbed the crowd's energy. Justin pulled out his lighter, lit it, held it up, and laid down. We were all amused by this. At the end of the break, Danny took his ice bag and threw it out into the crowd.

Wings 1 and 2 are probably the most emotional songs of the whole setlist for me. I was in tears and standing open-mouthed as I could do little but watch and take it all in. I have to say, the crowd was much more respectful during this song (as would be hoped) and I'm very proud of them for that. There were the usual morons, but they can be dealt with, I suppose.

Lateralus is always mind-blowing live. The bridge was extended for Danny's solo and as usual, I was blown away by the man. At the same time, I was mind boggled by Justin. That man is solid as a rock. He watched Danny while playing his straight rythm and never lost a single beat. His time is impeccable.

Vicarious is meant to be played live. When the song was originally released as a single, I was impressed, but not immediately blown away. I think you have to see this song live to really appreciate it. Also, before this song, Maynard did his little Cinco de Mayo spiel and we were given a wonderfully long intro with Maynard and Adam on keyboards, and Justin using his beer bottle as a slide on his bass!

Aenema (or Aenima, as it was listed on the setlist), was flawless and the perfect closer.

After the show, Maynard threw several water bottles out too the crowd and Danny also threw out a drum head and drum stick. Adam also threw out one of the drum heads. The band did their usual group hug and walked off stage. As we were waiting for the crowd to clear, the clean up crew came out and one of them pulled Adam's official setlist off the stage. Those of us still near the stage threw out our arms for it. He then proceeded to fold it up several times to tease us and make us wait, but finally threw it into our grappling hands. There must've been at least a dozen people all trying to get their hands on it, but one of my party managed to grab it and held to it tight. Even when it was in his hands, people were trying to rip it from him, but thankfully one of the security folk came up and clearly stated, "He's got it. It's his." Needless to say, we were all stoked about this and plan to frame it.

Once again I am blown away by Tool's amazing ability to transfer emotion through their instruments and into my mind. They're four professionals who have learned the ins and outs of their field and can produce a result that exactly resembles what they're trying to achieve. This concert was made all the better by some of the people we met. There was a group from nearby New Mexico and Texas towns that was particularly friendly and we spent several hours chatting with in line. There were also two people from Montreal that were simply stopping by Cruces to see the show as they thought it would make a nice addition to their trip. They were certainly right!!! Last, but certainly not least. The security folk there were some of the nicest and most helpful security I've ever met. If you guys read this (particularly Joel), thanks a million!

To sum it all up, wonderful show and I can't wait until Tuesday!
OFFLINE |  
detox420
05-07-2007, 12:43 AM

[It really all came together for me at this show. I mean, I have spent some time wondering about Tools future, but I now have no doubt in my mind that this is the last tour for them. They are professionals at what they do, but in my opinion they are making a mockery of all of us. Rosetta stoned was amazing live, but it the whole message behind it was directed toward those concert fans, all of whom are willing to drop 50 bucks on a ticket, and spend 2 hours listening and watching an amazing show, but wont do a damned thing after it to try to develop themselves. Resorting to intoxication to try to get more out of something when a sober experience would have been just as incredible.

i couldnt agree with you more. you think they would take care of the fans that go to there shows and buy 200 dollar tickets but instead they just tax those fans even more with cheap quality shirts made cheap but sold crazy expensive and little buttons. pretty much cheap merc sold at probally 400% markup. i mean come on you can buy some of these shirts at any hot topic store or spencers in any mall for half the price. at first maynerd use to wear crusty shit that was at least individual in style but i noticed at the vegas show he was wearing like 500 dollar jeans and 1000 dress boots probally one of those beverly hills posh labels that every rich plastic surgeon wears. pretty much the opposite of what they preach. you know justen hasnt changed niether adam or danny has either.
but does it really matter? i mean tool is the most musically talented band still together and it has earned the rite and $ to do what ever the fuck they please. i mean we the fans pay dont we...
Old 05-07-2007, 12:43 AM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

[It really all came together for me at this show. I mean, I have spent some time wondering about Tools future, but I now have no doubt in my mind that this is the last tour for them. They are professionals at what they do, but in my opinion they are making a mockery of all of us. Rosetta stoned was amazing live, but it the whole message behind it was directed toward those concert fans, all of whom are willing to drop 50 bucks on a ticket, and spend 2 hours listening and watching an amazing show, but wont do a damned thing after it to try to develop themselves. Resorting to intoxication to try to get more out of something when a sober experience would have been just as incredible.

i couldnt agree with you more. you think they would take care of the fans that go to there shows and buy 200 dollar tickets but instead they just tax those fans even more with cheap quality shirts made cheap but sold crazy expensive and little buttons. pretty much cheap merc sold at probally 400% markup. i mean come on you can buy some of these shirts at any hot topic store or spencers in any mall for half the price. at first maynerd use to wear crusty shit that was at least individual in style but i noticed at the vegas show he was wearing like 500 dollar jeans and 1000 dress boots probally one of those beverly hills posh labels that every rich plastic surgeon wears. pretty much the opposite of what they preach. you know justen hasnt changed niether adam or danny has either.
but does it really matter? i mean tool is the most musically talented band still together and it has earned the rite and $ to do what ever the fuck they please. i mean we the fans pay dont we...
OFFLINE |  
05-07-2007, 12:08 PM

I was three people back from the baracade & got some prime pics of justin from the floor also i took a few at the end when all the lights came on. no pushit but an awesome show, thanks for Right in Two
Old 05-07-2007, 12:08 PM   #18
Level 2 - Poster

I was three people back from the baracade & got some prime pics of justin from the floor also i took a few at the end when all the lights came on. no pushit but an awesome show, thanks for Right in Two
05-08-2007, 06:09 AM

I have never registered at a band site before, so be gentle. However; this morning I looked and found http://toolshed.down.net/ then this, so I wanted to comment on the excellent show. For Tool there is this:

In my youth I spent many hours deciphering lyrics to Judas Priest albums, singing with Robert Halford and the "Saints in hell", mankind the "Stained Class" with many of the early songs relating to the corruption of humanity...... if I were still young it would have been TOOL I would have stood in line for, made my own T-Shirts for, as there was no merchandizing then.... It would have been me waiting out front of the show doors to open and to spend every dollar I had on better stereo equipment to appreciate your sound all the better ....those sweaty obsessed fervent years of metal music mesmerization, It is a level of intensity I see fans have for TOOL. This is great to see and a burden for you to be sure, but a compliment as well.

You are so much more sophisticated, but bloody raw. There is such great beauty and yet the stench of death in your lyric. You are uglier than blindness and brighter than the sun, neither of which lets humans see again. You are more than the early metal, but your meat has fattened on the bones of the early ones.

All due respect! However, we are all an evolution of what has been. I love the whole symphony of your music and I have always had a special respect for all great vocalists. Who knew there was you?

Now to see the performance live it was a gift and I truly thank you all.

Thank you for your depth, humor, righteous indignation and thoughtful insights. How great. I knew I loved your music, but the show blew my mind. It was a mighty wind of clean air thru my head of cobwebs. I was entranced.

Sometimes I think humanity does not deserve to survive, but then there are moments when you realize like skin, music can reflect elasticity that proves the possibilities of human flexibility, spiritual tolerance and maybe even id growth. You show this but show the slothful decay down a slippery slope of indulgence and brainwashing consumption we humans for the most part choose... Yet, all things happening ever so slowly...... as the erosion of the planet does.

You are always welcome to visit New Mexico and discover the unvarnished desert and arid self reliance that comes from living here, away from the things of man.

We are all just animals.

And to you TOOL Fans:

It is refreshing to see that there are still young people out there that value great music. I have been going to concerts since the 70’s and I hope to keep enjoying the depth and breadth of thought provoking music, such as this, way after I can no longer physically enjoy the euphoria provided by the caliber of complete performance art Tool provided in Las Cruces on Saturday night.

In my years of listening to Heavy metal, Alternative, Punk, and Rock ‘n’ Roll I have seen many concerts and loved the work of many bands. I am thankful that my little span of time on Earth has coincided with the advent and blossoming of such Talent, Skill, and Art that encompass Tool. If there were a band to compare them to, I should know of them, but my attempts are fruitless as the talent, verve, rawness and perfection they displayed is like no other.

I traveled to the show in Las Cruces because I will never go to Tingley Coliseum in Albuquerque again. Not even for the reunited and risen from the dead Beatles. Tingley is a dilapidated, broken down, cow palace ( 40+ years a Rodeo Arena) which has no proper acoustics, or ambiance to accommodate a band of this scope. I am sorely disappointed Tool are not going to be at the Journal Pavilion, as the stars would make a triumphant backdrop to the magnificent laser and light show they gave us. Yes, perhaps a few effects might be different, but none the less grand under the amazing clear skies and constellations stars ' , and the glimmer of planets you can see in our night skies here in New Mexico…. There is also a new arena in Rio Rancho, ANYTHING but Tingley! I regress however, as I am thankful that they included New Mexico in the tour dates at all.

I have to say, that having seen most of the major “Rock Bands” over the course of the years I have written about, and interviewed bands, I found Tool to have the best overall superfluous, but fabulous light and video performance I have ever seen. It was mesmerizing. Visions of complex blood and bone biological kaleidoscopes careening across the stage, romping and looping through the fears and thrills of the human condition. The strength and vivid calliope of color were as if gemstones were cart wheeling thru the sky. The visual acumen of the ALL and the NOTHING reaching into the depths of human capacity on the scale of space and time as we know it, were brought to mind.

The music was every bit as meticulous as the studio versions, and the ambiance of their lyrics was particularly prevalent in the attitude and performance stature they displayed. From the first time I experienced Tool (“Undertow” ’93,) I have been enamored with this unique and powerful band. Now that I have seen them on stage they have reached the live standard of maestro. Surely much more than I expected mere humans to be capable of live. My thanks to the band for a masterful performance and grand memory I will treasure each time I listen to your music from now on, and which is forever tied to your breathing , bleeding , heart rendering living performance. In itself TOOL is an example of human justification as a species.

Even those of you who are the elite follower of Tool should hold the cuss and discuss to a minimum, I note that the intoxicating lure to judge the awesome gift you have received is succumbed to by some who have posted. It is unfortunate that we often criticize what we should awe. Perhaps it is the nature of the feeling of awe that causes the judgments, " you don’t seem true to your beginnings " , " you sell T-shirts " , " you perform for the unworthy " …. I say we are lucky to see them at all, a band like this does not have to play live shows. The distain Maynard vocalized when he said "We will wrap this up so you can go get wasted", (in reference to Cinco de Mayo) and "If you must get drunk and wasted, do it away from me so I don't have to deal with it!" Remember the Beatles quit because the world was insane.

I say, after interviewing and eagerly watching many bands, housing a world of wonders in the heart of my mind that Tool is the reigning RUSH of it’s day, and I hope to grow old(er) still listening and watching the beauty and marrow of their gifts. Please give us a DVD!

Stone Rocker
Old 05-08-2007, 06:09 AM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

I have never registered at a band site before, so be gentle. However; this morning I looked and found http://toolshed.down.net/ then this, so I wanted to comment on the excellent show. For Tool there is this:

In my youth I spent many hours deciphering lyrics to Judas Priest albums, singing with Robert Halford and the "Saints in hell", mankind the "Stained Class" with many of the early songs relating to the corruption of humanity...... if I were still young it would have been TOOL I would have stood in line for, made my own T-Shirts for, as there was no merchandizing then.... It would have been me waiting out front of the show doors to open and to spend every dollar I had on better stereo equipment to appreciate your sound all the better ....those sweaty obsessed fervent years of metal music mesmerization, It is a level of intensity I see fans have for TOOL. This is great to see and a burden for you to be sure, but a compliment as well.

You are so much more sophisticated, but bloody raw. There is such great beauty and yet the stench of death in your lyric. You are uglier than blindness and brighter than the sun, neither of which lets humans see again. You are more than the early metal, but your meat has fattened on the bones of the early ones.

All due respect! However, we are all an evolution of what has been. I love the whole symphony of your music and I have always had a special respect for all great vocalists. Who knew there was you?

Now to see the performance live it was a gift and I truly thank you all.

Thank you for your depth, humor, righteous indignation and thoughtful insights. How great. I knew I loved your music, but the show blew my mind. It was a mighty wind of clean air thru my head of cobwebs. I was entranced.

Sometimes I think humanity does not deserve to survive, but then there are moments when you realize like skin, music can reflect elasticity that proves the possibilities of human flexibility, spiritual tolerance and maybe even id growth. You show this but show the slothful decay down a slippery slope of indulgence and brainwashing consumption we humans for the most part choose... Yet, all things happening ever so slowly...... as the erosion of the planet does.

You are always welcome to visit New Mexico and discover the unvarnished desert and arid self reliance that comes from living here, away from the things of man.

We are all just animals.

And to you TOOL Fans:

It is refreshing to see that there are still young people out there that value great music. I have been going to concerts since the 70’s and I hope to keep enjoying the depth and breadth of thought provoking music, such as this, way after I can no longer physically enjoy the euphoria provided by the caliber of complete performance art Tool provided in Las Cruces on Saturday night.

In my years of listening to Heavy metal, Alternative, Punk, and Rock ‘n’ Roll I have seen many concerts and loved the work of many bands. I am thankful that my little span of time on Earth has coincided with the advent and blossoming of such Talent, Skill, and Art that encompass Tool. If there were a band to compare them to, I should know of them, but my attempts are fruitless as the talent, verve, rawness and perfection they displayed is like no other.

I traveled to the show in Las Cruces because I will never go to Tingley Coliseum in Albuquerque again. Not even for the reunited and risen from the dead Beatles. Tingley is a dilapidated, broken down, cow palace ( 40+ years a Rodeo Arena) which has no proper acoustics, or ambiance to accommodate a band of this scope. I am sorely disappointed Tool are not going to be at the Journal Pavilion, as the stars would make a triumphant backdrop to the magnificent laser and light show they gave us. Yes, perhaps a few effects might be different, but none the less grand under the amazing clear skies and constellations stars ' , and the glimmer of planets you can see in our night skies here in New Mexico…. There is also a new arena in Rio Rancho, ANYTHING but Tingley! I regress however, as I am thankful that they included New Mexico in the tour dates at all.

I have to say, that having seen most of the major “Rock Bands” over the course of the years I have written about, and interviewed bands, I found Tool to have the best overall superfluous, but fabulous light and video performance I have ever seen. It was mesmerizing. Visions of complex blood and bone biological kaleidoscopes careening across the stage, romping and looping through the fears and thrills of the human condition. The strength and vivid calliope of color were as if gemstones were cart wheeling thru the sky. The visual acumen of the ALL and the NOTHING reaching into the depths of human capacity on the scale of space and time as we know it, were brought to mind.

The music was every bit as meticulous as the studio versions, and the ambiance of their lyrics was particularly prevalent in the attitude and performance stature they displayed. From the first time I experienced Tool (“Undertow” ’93,) I have been enamored with this unique and powerful band. Now that I have seen them on stage they have reached the live standard of maestro. Surely much more than I expected mere humans to be capable of live. My thanks to the band for a masterful performance and grand memory I will treasure each time I listen to your music from now on, and which is forever tied to your breathing , bleeding , heart rendering living performance. In itself TOOL is an example of human justification as a species.

Even those of you who are the elite follower of Tool should hold the cuss and discuss to a minimum, I note that the intoxicating lure to judge the awesome gift you have received is succumbed to by some who have posted. It is unfortunate that we often criticize what we should awe. Perhaps it is the nature of the feeling of awe that causes the judgments, " you don’t seem true to your beginnings " , " you sell T-shirts " , " you perform for the unworthy " …. I say we are lucky to see them at all, a band like this does not have to play live shows. The distain Maynard vocalized when he said "We will wrap this up so you can go get wasted", (in reference to Cinco de Mayo) and "If you must get drunk and wasted, do it away from me so I don't have to deal with it!" Remember the Beatles quit because the world was insane.

I say, after interviewing and eagerly watching many bands, housing a world of wonders in the heart of my mind that Tool is the reigning RUSH of it’s day, and I hope to grow old(er) still listening and watching the beauty and marrow of their gifts. Please give us a DVD!

Stone Rocker
OFFLINE |  
paraflux
05-08-2007, 09:44 AM

Just a reminder, I have had to delete several long-ass posts because they were simply discussing things, not a show review. Please talk about such things in the upcoming concerts threads for now.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:44 AM   #20
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070

Just a reminder, I have had to delete several long-ass posts because they were simply discussing things, not a show review. Please talk about such things in the upcoming concerts threads for now.
OFFLINE |  
cjtool
05-08-2007, 01:12 PM

Stone Rocker[/QUOTE]

Great post, I have often compared TOOL to RUSH. Both are TRUE proffessional musicians who have changed with time, but also keep that "signature" sound. We can only hope TOOL can last as long.

June 26th TOOL Xcel center.
Sept. 9 RUSH -Xcel Center.

What a great summer!! PEACE.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:12 PM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

Stone Rocker[/QUOTE]

Great post, I have often compared TOOL to RUSH. Both are TRUE proffessional musicians who have changed with time, but also keep that "signature" sound. We can only hope TOOL can last as long.

June 26th TOOL Xcel center.
Sept. 9 RUSH -Xcel Center.

What a great summer!! PEACE.
OFFLINE |  
AloneUnaware1's Avatar AloneUnaware1
05-08-2007, 01:38 PM

that was a great post stone rocker...the more i look back to saturday the more i realize how special that night was...i was in a emotional state that i don't think i have ever been in and i don't know if i will ever experience that again
Old 05-08-2007, 01:38 PM   #22
Level 4 - Thinker

that was a great post stone rocker...the more i look back to saturday the more i realize how special that night was...i was in a emotional state that i don't think i have ever been in and i don't know if i will ever experience that again
05-09-2007, 05:17 PM

I just wanted to add one thing about the concert. It was an incredible experience that was beyond the wildest dreams of my imagination. Tool puts on an amazing show that is sure fire to put you in a place you had never imagined.

That being said, not a single person has interpreted my review correctly. So my request is that you stop arguing about something you obviously dont/cant understand. And while we are at it, stop supporting something that is not anything like what you are suggesting. I never said they were sell outs. I never said the setlist sucked (which i very PLAINLY wrote it DIDNT matter) So pull up your fucking skirts and read my review for what it is.

A REVIEW.

Last edited by Cpt_insano_2k7; 05-09-2007 at 05:19 PM..
Old 05-09-2007, 05:17 PM   #23
Level 2 - Poster

I just wanted to add one thing about the concert. It was an incredible experience that was beyond the wildest dreams of my imagination. Tool puts on an amazing show that is sure fire to put you in a place you had never imagined.

That being said, not a single person has interpreted my review correctly. So my request is that you stop arguing about something you obviously dont/cant understand. And while we are at it, stop supporting something that is not anything like what you are suggesting. I never said they were sell outs. I never said the setlist sucked (which i very PLAINLY wrote it DIDNT matter) So pull up your fucking skirts and read my review for what it is.

A REVIEW.

Last edited by Cpt_insano_2k7; 05-09-2007 at 05:19 PM..
OFFLINE |  
05-13-2007, 03:12 PM

I cant believe its been a week im still recovering im sad 2 report wal mart fucked up my camera & tried to blame it on the printing machine but long ....long.... long story short I got screwed out of my pictures from the concert im so dissapointed ill never go to wal mart again to develope photos, fuck it! ill design my own dark room in my guest room.

+ to add to my other reviews im sad they only played about 40 seconds of intension i would love to have seen that acid trip of a song. Also i really enjoyed the extended part in the middle of right in two.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:12 PM   #24
Level 2 - Poster

I cant believe its been a week im still recovering im sad 2 report wal mart fucked up my camera & tried to blame it on the printing machine but long ....long.... long story short I got screwed out of my pictures from the concert im so dissapointed ill never go to wal mart again to develope photos, fuck it! ill design my own dark room in my guest room.

+ to add to my other reviews im sad they only played about 40 seconds of intension i would love to have seen that acid trip of a song. Also i really enjoyed the extended part in the middle of right in two.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply