Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
Snale
04-29-2006, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teratoma
man, some of you are out of your fucking minds. 10,000 Days is real. Although I think the album sucks total ass, it's the real thing.
What he said. It's something different for sure... it's growing on me slowly. Going to buy my copy in 6 hours when it gets released here. Cos it's still good... Just feel like there's something lacking in the guitars this time round and the lyrics are more annoying than usual. The drumming is elite, and the basslines are a major improvement though to compensate!

Still, it's real. It's here. I just hope they make another new album a little sooner this time.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:48 PM   #361
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: The album leak is a hoax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teratoma
man, some of you are out of your fucking minds. 10,000 Days is real. Although I think the album sucks total ass, it's the real thing.
What he said. It's something different for sure... it's growing on me slowly. Going to buy my copy in 6 hours when it gets released here. Cos it's still good... Just feel like there's something lacking in the guitars this time round and the lyrics are more annoying than usual. The drumming is elite, and the basslines are a major improvement though to compensate!

Still, it's real. It's here. I just hope they make another new album a little sooner this time.
OFFLINE |  
Absent Mind
04-29-2006, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warartist
i think you misunderstood me. no i know you did... i LOVE opiate!!! and everything else tool has ever done what im saying is, if any one album could be concidered tool's "bad album" opiate i would think would be the "closest" thing to it . did you even read what i wrote or just see opite, and bad near each other and flip out? also i am only one. not a "you guys".
mandy
well read the board more, cause a lot of people seem to be down on opiate like it doesnt live up to the rest, or saying its the worst album
Old 04-29-2006, 10:27 PM   #362
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
i think you misunderstood me. no i know you did... i LOVE opiate!!! and everything else tool has ever done what im saying is, if any one album could be concidered tool's "bad album" opiate i would think would be the "closest" thing to it . did you even read what i wrote or just see opite, and bad near each other and flip out? also i am only one. not a "you guys".
mandy
well read the board more, cause a lot of people seem to be down on opiate like it doesnt live up to the rest, or saying its the worst album
OFFLINE |  
LeperKhan
04-30-2006, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absent Mind
What the hell is wrong with you guys? I have heard too many times on here that Opiate is a bad album! Opiate kicks serious ASS! Tool needs to re-release Opiate and studio record the live songs! Opiate Remastered!!!
Actually, I think they just need to turn the non-live tracks into live tracks.... find old recordings of loft-performances of "sweat, hush, part of me" and "opiate." I feel that most people love the title track more than anything, but I feel that those live versions of Cold and Ugly and Jerk-off are some of the finest recordings ever.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:07 AM   #363
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
What the hell is wrong with you guys? I have heard too many times on here that Opiate is a bad album! Opiate kicks serious ASS! Tool needs to re-release Opiate and studio record the live songs! Opiate Remastered!!!
Actually, I think they just need to turn the non-live tracks into live tracks.... find old recordings of loft-performances of "sweat, hush, part of me" and "opiate." I feel that most people love the title track more than anything, but I feel that those live versions of Cold and Ugly and Jerk-off are some of the finest recordings ever.
OFFLINE |  
tigerf117
04-30-2006, 07:07 AM

Quote:
goddamn you ppl are being rediculase!

this album is NOT A HOAX!!!!

THIS ALBUM FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!!

WHAT LACK OF INSPIRATION???? if you dont hear new inspiration listen again, and then again and if you still dont hear it, YOU DONT FUCKING GET IT!
mandy
Fuckin right Mandy, tell them. I love Opiate as well, and Undertow, and Aenima, and Lateralus, and 10,000 days. Theres not a week I dont listen to every single cd at least once. There is not a day, unless I am completely torn away from all music, or have to listen to other peoples music, that I don't listen to tool, and guess what has been in my car ever since i've gotten it, yeah 10,000 days. Guess what I'm listening to now... 10,000 days. Hoax bullshit is bullshit, lack of inspiration is bullshit, terrible cd is bullshit. Tool isn't completely about complicated rythms or any of that. Its about feeling, its about music, nothing else. Maynard cares about making great music, and he has done nothing different with this new cd (maynard and group). The only thing I can complain about is, yeah the guitar isn't quite up to par with whats been done in the past, but the bass riffs are sick. I personally love the direction Maynard went with his voice (i.e. The Pot) in this album. I knew he was going to do something different with his voice, but I was actually impressed more than I thought I was going to. His voice is so versatile. Love the music, May 15th (detroits show) can't come quick enough.

I think of all the Tool songs as poems. You dont get the poem the first, 2nd or 3rd time you read it (if it is a good poem). You only just begin to soak what the author is saying the first 5 times through, getting the feel for it. Then you do it for every poem until you're done with the book (if the poem book has a certain, whole meaning). Then you listen to the whole cd and get a feel for the whole cd, Then after listening to it for months, or however long, you start to get it completely. Then it becomes a whole new beast... im rambling. Anyone else get what I'm trying to say?
Old 04-30-2006, 07:07 AM   #364
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
goddamn you ppl are being rediculase!

this album is NOT A HOAX!!!!

THIS ALBUM FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!!

WHAT LACK OF INSPIRATION???? if you dont hear new inspiration listen again, and then again and if you still dont hear it, YOU DONT FUCKING GET IT!
mandy
Fuckin right Mandy, tell them. I love Opiate as well, and Undertow, and Aenima, and Lateralus, and 10,000 days. Theres not a week I dont listen to every single cd at least once. There is not a day, unless I am completely torn away from all music, or have to listen to other peoples music, that I don't listen to tool, and guess what has been in my car ever since i've gotten it, yeah 10,000 days. Guess what I'm listening to now... 10,000 days. Hoax bullshit is bullshit, lack of inspiration is bullshit, terrible cd is bullshit. Tool isn't completely about complicated rythms or any of that. Its about feeling, its about music, nothing else. Maynard cares about making great music, and he has done nothing different with this new cd (maynard and group). The only thing I can complain about is, yeah the guitar isn't quite up to par with whats been done in the past, but the bass riffs are sick. I personally love the direction Maynard went with his voice (i.e. The Pot) in this album. I knew he was going to do something different with his voice, but I was actually impressed more than I thought I was going to. His voice is so versatile. Love the music, May 15th (detroits show) can't come quick enough.

I think of all the Tool songs as poems. You dont get the poem the first, 2nd or 3rd time you read it (if it is a good poem). You only just begin to soak what the author is saying the first 5 times through, getting the feel for it. Then you do it for every poem until you're done with the book (if the poem book has a certain, whole meaning). Then you listen to the whole cd and get a feel for the whole cd, Then after listening to it for months, or however long, you start to get it completely. Then it becomes a whole new beast... im rambling. Anyone else get what I'm trying to say?
OFFLINE |  
DierVonSaton's Avatar DierVonSaton
04-30-2006, 07:31 AM

This ablum is great!! you can defitnely hear hints of Pink Floyd and Meshuggah
Old 04-30-2006, 07:31 AM   #365
Level 2 - Poster

This ablum is great!! you can defitnely hear hints of Pink Floyd and Meshuggah
OFFLINE |  
Warartist's Avatar Warartist
04-30-2006, 08:00 AM

Quote:
well, i did not say that, yet for some reason you quoted me.
mandy
Old 04-30-2006, 08:00 AM   #366
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
well, i did not say that, yet for some reason you quoted me.
mandy
OFFLINE |  
etc43's Avatar etc43
04-30-2006, 08:42 AM

I hope the fact that this thread is still alive isn't an indicator that people still think the album is fake...
Old 04-30-2006, 08:42 AM   #367
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

I hope the fact that this thread is still alive isn't an indicator that people still think the album is fake...
04-30-2006, 11:50 AM

the leak for the real album came out this morning
just thought i'd let you all know that
Old 04-30-2006, 11:50 AM   #368
On Probation

Bincount™: 293

OFFLINE |  
moi
04-30-2006, 12:24 PM

?
Old 04-30-2006, 12:24 PM   #369
moi
Level 1 - Lurker

?
OFFLINE |  
lachrymoIogy's Avatar lachrymoIogy
04-30-2006, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by etc43
i hope it is. makes me laugh.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:36 PM   #370
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by etc43
i hope it is. makes me laugh.
04-30-2006, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orph8998
wtf are you talking about? a CD QUALITY rip, or something else? I hope you meen CD QUALITY and worded that wrong.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:37 PM   #371
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orph8998
wtf are you talking about? a CD QUALITY rip, or something else? I hope you meen CD QUALITY and worded that wrong.
04-30-2006, 01:52 PM

where is cronos to admit he was wrong?
Old 04-30-2006, 01:52 PM   #372
Level 1 - Lurker

where is cronos to admit he was wrong?
OFFLINE |  
Orph8998's Avatar Orph8998
04-30-2006, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachrymoIogy
haha, no man, you can find it if you search for it
Old 04-30-2006, 02:28 PM   #373
On Probation

Bincount™: 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachrymoIogy
haha, no man, you can find it if you search for it
OFFLINE |  
5th Eye's Avatar 5th Eye
05-01-2006, 04:30 AM

I can't've gotten a fake Jambi, this song is way too good.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:30 AM   #374
Super Bat Kiss

Bincount™: 9554

I can't've gotten a fake Jambi, this song is way too good.
05-01-2006, 04:37 AM

I haven't even heard the leak. I refuse to listen to it untill the album comes out. i've heard peices of The Pot and Rosetta Stoned, from my friends always listening to it around me, plus i've heard vicarious at least 400 times by now so that's it. hopefully it will be a ruse so we'd get 2 albums but today my heart is beating like 10 times faster because im so fucking siked on new tool.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:37 AM   #375
On Probation

Bincount™: 249

I haven't even heard the leak. I refuse to listen to it untill the album comes out. i've heard peices of The Pot and Rosetta Stoned, from my friends always listening to it around me, plus i've heard vicarious at least 400 times by now so that's it. hopefully it will be a ruse so we'd get 2 albums but today my heart is beating like 10 times faster because im so fucking siked on new tool.
OFFLINE |  
Rubb.'s Avatar Rubb.
05-01-2006, 05:00 AM

the leak is a hoax.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:00 AM   #376
Illuminator of Lightitude
Suicide Booth ID: 20

Location: Van Diemens Land Penis Length: 1.4 inches Vagina Capacity: 7.2 inches
Bincount™: 21769

the leak is a hoax.
05-01-2006, 05:01 AM

THE ALBUM IS THE SAME AS THE LEAK!! I HAVE THE ALBUM AND DOWNLOADED THE LEAK A WHILE AGO, and aside from slight differences in quality (due to transcoding/compression) THEY ARE IDENTICAL (though there is now a FLAC leak, which is lossless). And the stereoscopic art is AWESOME.

Please end this thread. Or if you really want to drag this hoax thing out and waste more time NOT giving the new album its due attention, at least jump on the new bandwagon = "the REAL new album comes out on 06/06/06!!"
Help people, you lazy bum
Old 05-01-2006, 05:01 AM   #377
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 21

THE ALBUM IS THE SAME AS THE LEAK!! I HAVE THE ALBUM AND DOWNLOADED THE LEAK A WHILE AGO, and aside from slight differences in quality (due to transcoding/compression) THEY ARE IDENTICAL (though there is now a FLAC leak, which is lossless). And the stereoscopic art is AWESOME.

Please end this thread. Or if you really want to drag this hoax thing out and waste more time NOT giving the new album its due attention, at least jump on the new bandwagon = "the REAL new album comes out on 06/06/06!!"
Help people, you lazy bum
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply