opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 07-21-2006, 08:54 AM   #81
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: 2006/09/29 - Mansfield, MA - Tweeter Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiseToYourHalo
Section 2, Row B = a very happy Tool fan.

Lottery ticket came up #1.
Much congrats. Thats a hell of a seating area!
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2006, 09:21 AM   #82
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbidblue
Just an FYI. I saw Nine Inch Nails at the Tweeter last month. We had lawn seats and security came up to us (and everyone else on the lawn) and told us we could go and find empty seats anywhere in the open air seating if we wanted (which would be sections 9 thru 15). I saw Depeche Mode here years ago too and security did the same thing once the show began. Not sure if this show will sell out (many people dislike this venue) but if it doesn't, there's probably a good chance people can move up.
Why do people dislike this venue?
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2006, 09:25 AM   #83
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaedrus9779
Much congrats. Thats a hell of a seating area!
Thanks phaedrus. Seems like the best bet for tickets is just waiting in line at a Ticketmaster outlet. I was # 2 in line for the Orpheum show and got 6th row.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2006, 10:46 AM   #84
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 730

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellamadia
Why do people dislike this venue?
It's a dump. The law and open seating area sucks, mostly because of the shitty sound and giant poles you have to look around. But whatever, it'll still rock.
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” -- Stephen Roberts
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2006, 10:49 AM   #85
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 25

Quick questions to those of you who got tickets...Compared to the last small venue tour a few months ago, how easy was it to get these tickets?...And how did you go about getting them (ticketmaster, call up the venue, etc.)?...I'm getting tickets tomorrow for the Camden show, so I'm wondering how much preparation I need for tomorrow...Thanks!

<3 Armando
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2006, 10:52 AM   #86
mjr
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0

orpheum sold out in 10 seconds while this sold out (actually you might still be able to get some grass seats) in about 15minutes. you can still get a few scattered single seats. considering the sell time was never posted on toolband or toolarmy or anything, it sold extremely fast.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2006, 11:22 AM   #87
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 96

Question for you Toolarmy members:

Are/were there presale tickets available to TA members for this tour? I never realized ticketmaster was this bad (back in 01/02, was able to get great seats the day of the show...)
Old 07-21-2006, 11:33 AM   #88
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 137

Its 3:30 right now, and they still have tickets for seating.

Just for anyone that dosn't know/cares. I talked to ticketmaster, and they said anyone with a Gold card got a pre-sale. The Tweeter center has a buisness deal with them.....bastards.

Oh yeah, I got section 8. But I have every intention of inciting a section 8 riot to get down to a better level. How the hell some of you got sections 2-4, if fucking beyond me. Ticketmaster needs to get it's ass kicked
Old 07-21-2006, 11:33 AM   #89
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by KroniKlepto
Question for you Toolarmy members:

Are/were there presale tickets available to TA members for this tour? I never realized ticketmaster was this bad (back in 01/02, was able to get great seats the day of the show...)
Alot of venues hold tickets til the day of the show. In Amherst, MA at the Mullins Center I went the day of and got great seats when the show almost sold out. It's all luck of the draw. But I dont REALLY understand what all the fuss is about Ticketmaster considering I've never personally had a problem *knocks on wood* and I've bought alot of tickets in the past 4 years or so.
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” -- Stephen Roberts
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2006, 11:50 AM   #90
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma Bear
How the hell some of you got sections 2-4, if fucking beyond me.
I got section 4... but when I look at the seating chart it seems to me that I would like section 5 better since it is more to the center... so why do you only say 2-4? I'm happy with my tickets but is 4 really that good with it being off to the side? Last time I went to the Tweeter Center was several years ago and I was towards the back of section 7 and I don't remember anything about the view so I hope the middle of section 4 provides me with a good one :)
Old 07-21-2006, 11:55 AM   #91
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by notpolitics
I got section 4... but when I look at the seating chart it seems to me that I would like section 5 better since it is more to the center... so why do you only say 2-4? I'm happy with my tickets but is 4 really that good with it being off to the side? Last time I went to the Tweeter Center was several years ago and I was towards the back of section 7 and I don't remember anything about the view so I hope the middle of section 4 provides me with a good one :)
Where in section 4 are you?
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2006, 11:58 AM   #92
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfield823
Where in section 4 are you?
row N; seats 27-29, and there are 52 seats in that row so in the middle of the row and in the middle of the section pretty much

Old 07-21-2006, 12:38 PM   #93
Level 3 - Talker

Since people are asking, where are my Section 8 Row J peeps? Holla...

Also, Dharma, did the gold card people get a Tool presale or did the rep just say that gold card people get presales for some things? Cause I tried to get Massive Attack tix at about 10:15 (also went onsale today) and it wouldn't let me without a gold card password. Damn, Ticketmaster really does blow.

My input about the Tweeter is that people just seem to suck all around once they walk in there. Maybe it's the size of the place, the openess--that it's outside. I've been to tons of shows here and I always seem to get into an argument with someone. Maybe it's because everyone's always drunk. Don't get me wrong, I drink too. Not at shows but whatever. I don't really know. You usually have about a 99% chance of getting stepped on, spilled on, fallen on, tripped over. haha. Yeah, there's just too many people around for me. I like the intimate venues better. People tend to be more respectful. Like the Orpheum. What a great time. The fans that night were incredible. No complaints about that night--Perfection.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2006, 01:04 PM   #94
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Yeah, there's just too many people around for me. I like the intimate venues better. People tend to be more respectful. Like the Orpheum. What a great time. The fans that night were incredible. No complaints about that night--Perfection.
intimate shows are great, except i can't usually get tickets(tried hard with the orpheum, sold out in 10 seconds). i remember seeing sigur ros at the boston opera house (second best show i've ever been to after tool) and it was so intimate and amazing. then i saw them at the bank of america pavillion, it was raining and really cold, still amazing, would have been fine if my friend's boyfriend would stop complaining about the cold every 5 minutes, but definitely not the same experience.

as for people at concerts, i think the biggest thing that gets me is people complaining. especially at general admission shows where everyone is crowded together in front of the band, like tool at the tsongas arena in lowell. people complaining about being uncomfortable or getting shit spilled on you, or getting kicked in the head by crowd surfers. YOU ARE AT A CONCERT, enjoy the entire experience. if you don't want all that you can go sit around in the seated areas, but don't go up front and not expect the things that come with being up front.

this place is seated so hopefully that won't be an issue.

-ravi
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2006, 01:18 PM   #95
Suicide Booth ID: 21

Bincount™: 1150

Quote:
Originally Posted by armmar
Quick questions to those of you who got tickets...Compared to the last small venue tour a few months ago, how easy was it to get these tickets?...And how did you go about getting them (ticketmaster, call up the venue, etc.)?...I'm getting tickets tomorrow for the Camden show, so I'm wondering how much preparation I need for tomorrow...Thanks!

<3 Armando
The Orpheum sold out in seconds. For these bigger venues, only general seating showed up in a couple of hours. Your best bet would either 1.) Get on the Ticketmaster website, and continously refresh the page until they go on sale. 2.) Have a friend do the same thing, you have a better chance of getting good seats. 3.) If you come up with something really shitty the first time around, throw them back and try again. 4.) Have all your credit card information ready, so when you get to it, the page won't time out. 5.) Try calling the box office at the same time. Alot of people who went to the Orpheum got good tickets that way. 6.) Find a place that sells them, and stand in line. So, 1-5 or 5&6. Good luck.

Last edited by alivei; 07-21-2006 at 01:29 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2006, 04:16 PM   #96
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiseToYourHalo
Thanks phaedrus. Seems like the best bet for tickets is just waiting in line at a Ticketmaster outlet. I was # 2 in line for the Orpheum show and got 6th row.
have to disagree........got tix at 10:07 at a ticketmaster location..
and have sec 10 row t.........."LIMITED VIEW"!!!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2006, 04:40 PM   #97
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

I tried ordering tickets at 10 this morning, only to come to battle with my network and not get any at all. For some reason it doesn't let me purchase things when it feels like it. oh well. I'm not paying a ridiculous amount like for the Orpheum, so I hope everyone has a great time.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:11 PM   #98
Evtes

Bincount™: 4712

Quote:
thanks for that, now i know my seats are the last two in my section (closest to the stage)
Old 07-21-2006, 07:38 PM   #99
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRonHubbard
have to disagree........got tix at 10:07 at a ticketmaster location..
and have sec 10 row t.........."LIMITED VIEW"!!!!
So many other factors are involved, like how fast the TM clerk is, whether someone in front of you pays with credit, and also the number of tickets you're buying. I only needed 2 tickets and I think that helped with getting the closer seats. Many of the people I was in line with bought the max of 8 and all those people buying 8 tickets at a time only just pushes the available seats further away faster for everyone in line behind them. Maybe a 4 or 6 ticket limit would have better results.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 03:31 AM   #100
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Also, Dharma, did the gold card people get a Tool presale or did the rep just say that gold card people get presales for some things? Cause I tried to get Massive Attack tix at about 10:15 (also went onsale today) and it wouldn't let me without a gold card password. Damn, Ticketmaster really does blow.
I don't know the details my friend. All the woman said was that the Tweeter center has some kind of deal with "whoever", and people with a "gold card" get the bonus of presales for certain events.

And I really hope the "gold card" isn't for AAA, because I have one of those, and it would really be a kick in the nuts if missed out on that, just cause I never knew.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:33 AM   #101
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
And I really hope the "gold card" isn't for AAA, because I have one of those, and it would really be a kick in the nuts if missed out on that, just cause I never knew.
hahah i'm pretty sure the presale had nothing to do with one's automotive repair status. i'm pretty sure the gold card is something to do with live nation or some other bs

i got 4 tickets for section 8 row W and i also have a single ticket for section 5 row Z that im willing to sell/trade
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 08:40 AM   #102
Level 7 - Loquacious

It was just a thought. You can use AAA for just about anything...car repair, amusment parks, clothes, pretzels, pizza....you name it.
Old 07-22-2006, 04:43 PM   #103
Level 1 - Lurker

Well it seems like many of you I have no clue what this show is going to be like. I have never been to the Tweeter Center and this is my first TOOL show. I was fortunate enough to get Section 3 Row GG. Mind you I tried to get tiks exactly at 10am and was only able to get one ticket. I hope that my view isnt goin to be that bad, and if it is I will attempt to make my way towards the front. Anyone know if this will be possible, to move up and comments on my current location would be appreciative.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 08:26 PM   #104
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitreya
Well it seems like many of you I have no clue what this show is going to be like. I have never been to the Tweeter Center and this is my first TOOL show. I was fortunate enough to get Section 3 Row GG. Mind you I tried to get tiks exactly at 10am and was only able to get one ticket. I hope that my view isnt goin to be that bad, and if it is I will attempt to make my way towards the front. Anyone know if this will be possible, to move up and comments on my current location would be appreciative.
You'll be able to stand pretty much anywhere you want - especially once the show starts. And it helps that you're already in the first 3 sections since you won't have to get past security AT ALL...I'm in section 4 and definitely plan on upgrading.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 09:10 PM   #105
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2
Ride to/from Pioneer Valley area

Will anyone be driving from/through there? I'll be in Amherst and if anyone could give me a ride I would be eternally grateful. My gratitude would register in the form of gas and parking money...

Pm me if interested/available. Thanks in advance.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-23-2006, 01:49 PM   #106
Level 4 - Thinker

I'll be dabblin in some sort of body high drug this time around.. =) Watch for the small dude doing some crazy dance moves down the ailes(sP?).
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-24-2006, 07:16 AM   #107
Level 2 - Poster

if anybody is hungry....i'm bringing peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to sell for a dollar a piece in the lot.....you'll see me and my girlfriend.....we both have dreads....we'll both be drunk and don't be afraid to ask for a PBnJ....also....would you guys rather see the first show of the tour?...or the last show of the tour?
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-24-2006, 07:26 AM   #108
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by killyourself
if anybody is hungry....i'm bringing peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to sell for a dollar a piece in the lot.....you'll see me and my girlfriend.....we both have dreads....we'll both be drunk and don't be afraid to ask for a PBnJ....also....would you guys rather see the first show of the tour?...or the last show of the tour?
lol if I see you guys I'll stop and say hi and since you'll both be drunk you'll be honest with me if you put anything in the PB & J, haha.

I've found that going to the last show of tours is better. The first show of tours most bands seem rusty. Although if it's been a REALLY long tour the band can tire throughout. But still, I rather go to the last show.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-24-2006, 09:45 AM   #109
Rod
tdn bracketologist 07

Bincount™: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by killyourself

You going with the Multi Grain Milton's bread on those PB&J's, if so I'm in.

I think these guys kick it a little harder the last night they're state side. I don't think it's a coincidence they've ended the last 2 US tours in MA either. You can feel the love at the shows.

I am surprised there are still tix available. That's a total shocker.

Question is will more shows be added? ME, NH, RI, CT?

Carl: Yeah, it's the American tradition to cut people down to size because they've brought so much joy into our lives.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-24-2006, 11:07 AM   #110
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod
You going with the Multi Grain Milton's bread on those PB&J's, if so I'm in.

I think these guys kick it a little harder the last night they're state side. I don't think it's a coincidence they've ended the last 2 US tours in MA either. You can feel the love at the shows.

I am surprised there are still tix available. That's a total shocker.

Question is will more shows be added? ME, NH, RI, CT?
RI - no because mansfield isn't that far from RI
ME & NH - no because theres not nearly enough people living up there
CT - maybe
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-24-2006, 12:06 PM   #111
Level 1 - Lurker

Does anyone know if there's going to be a pit at this show?
* Thanks in Advance *
xoxo.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:54 PM   #112
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieZ
Does anyone know if there's going to be a pit at this show?
* Thanks in Advance *
xoxo.
There were no options for pit tickets that I saw.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:24 PM   #113
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Oh yeah, I got section 8. But I have every intention of inciting a section 8 riot to get down to a better level. How the hell some of you got sections 2-4, if fucking beyond me. Ticketmaster needs to get it's ass kicked
I'll collect the section 13 troops to back up the push forward once section 8 mobilizes.

9:50 to 10:01 refresh computer....2 tickets "Best Available"....Section 13.

Hating ticketmaster brings us all togther about a common cause though.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-25-2006, 06:14 AM   #114
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 206

Quote:
ME & NH - no because theres not nearly enough people living up there
Yeah, and that's why they sold out Portland, Augusta, and Manchester in 01-02.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-25-2006, 06:17 AM   #115
Level 7 - Loquacious

Well let me re-phrase that...nobody IMPORTANT lives up there.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-25-2006, 06:18 AM   #116
Level 10 - Vehement

And just because Mansfield the last show thats been announced doesn't mean it's the last show of the tour. Do you really think they would do a us tour and play anywhere in the southeast? More dates will be announced soon.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-25-2006, 08:58 AM   #117
Rod
tdn bracketologist 07

Bincount™: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by eulogys
And just because Mansfield the last show thats been announced doesn't mean it's the last show of the tour. Do you really think they would do a us tour and play anywhere in the southeast? More dates will be announced soon.
It's not entirely impossible, from the sounds of it, they're hitting Europe again though too. Boston's a pretty good launch for that trip. Maybe they add some dates in NYC? Maybe they head down to Georgia? Seeing as this show still has tix available, what's their incentive to add another in the area?

There's a pit, it's on the lawn about 100 yards away from the band.

Korn played with TooL for one of the shows I've seen here, I think it was one of the Ozzfests. A quarter of the lawn broke out into a massive pit for the Korn set, it was pretty humerous. I saw some people come out that had gotten absolutely destroyed by the railing.

Carl: Yeah, it's the American tradition to cut people down to size because they've brought so much joy into our lives.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-26-2006, 04:00 AM   #118
Level 7 - Loquacious

Did the show sell out? I was just on ticketmaster to see what was still left and I can't even get a single ticket in the lawn. Anyone have any info?
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-26-2006, 03:17 PM   #119
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Did the show sell out? I was just on ticketmaster to see what was still left and I can't even get a single ticket in the lawn. Anyone have any info?
i believe that means its sold out

you can hope for tickets to be let out the day of the show. or just wait for the hartford show. or just follow them up and down the east coast like im going to
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-28-2006, 06:28 AM   #120
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Light Reflections
i believe that means its sold out

you can hope for tickets to be let out the day of the show. or just wait for the hartford show. or just follow them up and down the east coast like im going to
I did the same thing in '01. Went to Portland, Mansfield, Hartford, Wilkes-Barre, Hershey, Philly, Pittsburg, Virginia Beach, and both MSG shows. Best 2 weeks of my life, although it cost me a couple thousand bucks.

I'm just glad I didn't get tickets for this fucking show.
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: