Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
savoie2006
01-22-2007, 05:27 PM

Ok,when I make a Tool compilation it consists of two parts.The first part is songs from Opiate,Undertow,and Aenema.The second part is songs from Lateralus and 10,000 Days.Reason being the difference in the sound of the music and besides there is no way to fit all my favorites on one disc.Their first three discs had a raw sound while their last two have a much more polished sound.So do you guys believe Tool have found thier sound or do you think they will change it up and make a couple cd's with that sound?I personally feel that Undertow and Aenema are connected as are Lateralus and 10,000 Days.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:27 PM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
What Do You Think?

Ok,when I make a Tool compilation it consists of two parts.The first part is songs from Opiate,Undertow,and Aenema.The second part is songs from Lateralus and 10,000 Days.Reason being the difference in the sound of the music and besides there is no way to fit all my favorites on one disc.Their first three discs had a raw sound while their last two have a much more polished sound.So do you guys believe Tool have found thier sound or do you think they will change it up and make a couple cd's with that sound?I personally feel that Undertow and Aenema are connected as are Lateralus and 10,000 Days.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
One Dark Flame's Avatar One Dark Flame
01-22-2007, 06:36 PM

In my opinion, TooL Completely change the way they sound on each album. That being said I expect that trend to continue on the next release in 4-5 years.
"DECEMBERUNDERGROUND is a time and a place. It is where the cold can huddle together in darkness and isolation. It is a community of those detached and disillusioned who flee to love, like winter, in the recesses below the rest of the world."
-DXH
Old 01-22-2007, 06:36 PM   #2
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Bincount™: 362
Re: What Do You Think?

In my opinion, TooL Completely change the way they sound on each album. That being said I expect that trend to continue on the next release in 4-5 years.
"DECEMBERUNDERGROUND is a time and a place. It is where the cold can huddle together in darkness and isolation. It is a community of those detached and disillusioned who flee to love, like winter, in the recesses below the rest of the world."
-DXH
InsolentBystander
01-23-2007, 10:00 AM

I think all their albums sound progressively different, but there are always one or two songs on an album that sound like they could fit on the following album. Precursors.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:00 AM   #3
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I think all their albums sound progressively different, but there are always one or two songs on an album that sound like they could fit on the following album. Precursors.
slamminsalmon's Avatar slamminsalmon
01-23-2007, 11:31 AM

i really dont make tool compilations, i like to hear them as a complete album.

from time to time, i will play one of my certified WMA's from my computer, but still prefer hearing the album order
Old 01-23-2007, 11:31 AM   #4
homer jay

Bincount™: 4656

i really dont make tool compilations, i like to hear them as a complete album.

from time to time, i will play one of my certified WMA's from my computer, but still prefer hearing the album order
biff0016's Avatar biff0016
01-23-2007, 11:39 AM

I think you'll be lucky to ever get another tool album. . .lets be realistic, age is a factor.
rip Neal Parker (NHRA)
Old 01-23-2007, 11:39 AM   #5
don't knock it 'til u try it

Bincount™: 3430

I think you'll be lucky to ever get another tool album. . .lets be realistic, age is a factor.
rip Neal Parker (NHRA)
savoie2006
01-23-2007, 12:08 PM

I think they have one more under contract with Valcano and besides there are bands a heck of alot older than Tool still playing.Mind you I never said they were good bands though!!
Old 01-23-2007, 12:08 PM   #6
Level 3 - Talker

I think they have one more under contract with Valcano and besides there are bands a heck of alot older than Tool still playing.Mind you I never said they were good bands though!!
hushypushy's Avatar hushypushy
01-23-2007, 07:09 PM

I think only Opiate and Undertow are connected, which makes sense since they wrote all those songs at the same time. They've reinvented their sound for each subsequent album, becoming more progressive.

Is 10kd more like Lateralus than Opiate is? Definitely. But that doesn't mean that 10kd is really the same as Lateralus though.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:09 PM   #7
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988

I think only Opiate and Undertow are connected, which makes sense since they wrote all those songs at the same time. They've reinvented their sound for each subsequent album, becoming more progressive.

Is 10kd more like Lateralus than Opiate is? Definitely. But that doesn't mean that 10kd is really the same as Lateralus though.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply