Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » What's He Saying??
User Name
Password
Stev's Avatar Stev
05-05-2006, 02:51 AM

Sorry dude, still not buying it. I can't hear any 'd' sound there.

Can I ask you this, does it sound to you like he runs those two words together if they are two words?

I mean, maybe it's just the rhythm he's chosen for that vocal line, that's definitely possible, but it certainly sounds to me like he inflects it as one word.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:51 AM   #161
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 18
Re: lyrics - official thread

Sorry dude, still not buying it. I can't hear any 'd' sound there.

Can I ask you this, does it sound to you like he runs those two words together if they are two words?

I mean, maybe it's just the rhythm he's chosen for that vocal line, that's definitely possible, but it certainly sounds to me like he inflects it as one word.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Metlamaniac's Avatar Metlamaniac
05-05-2006, 05:09 AM

I think im the first person to say this

after he goes JAMBIZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Im sure there is a lyric where he sais
"compromise of oprah"

as in oprah winfrey ( I cant spell)
Old 05-05-2006, 05:09 AM   #162

Bincount™: 15

I think im the first person to say this

after he goes JAMBIZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Im sure there is a lyric where he sais
"compromise of oprah"

as in oprah winfrey ( I cant spell)
EdwardJamesKeenan
05-05-2006, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muladhara
"Dim my eyes if they should compromise a full-grown wanton need, divine need, then I might as well be gone."

Which means:

"If strict 'logic' (religious dogma) keeps me from doing something natual and euphoric, then just kill me now."

I disagree, I've slowed it down and listened over and over, it's definately either divine or divide. The 'div' part is pronounced like in both of those words, I hear no 'oo' sound.

Plus, the 'from' is a clear 'g' sound, which could also be a 'c', 'what' has an 'n' sound before the 't' making it want, the next syllable isn't too clear, could be 'on' as I hear it, 'and' as others hear it or an 'oo' sound as you hear it.

And "Silence leech and save your poison." makes perfect sense, you just don't understand it.

It matters a LOT what you mean, otherwise communication would be useless. If you are shy around someone because you really like them, they could percieve you as being ignorant, the intention needs to be clear otherwise things get muddied.

It's not all about sounds and feelings, the words are important too.

right, your interpretation sounds lvoely and poetic. but it doesnt fit with the emphasis on the words. he clearly stops after "if they should compromise a fulcrum" and then says "want and need divide me" in a totally difernt tone what he wants and what he needs are 2 different things, almost like he cant accept whatever has happened.
So i am stucking with "want and need divide me" (reference later in the song divide and wither away). Meaning if i am divided then i might as well be dead. other refernces incude "broken" and "severed". i'm going on a themeatic basis here whereas i think ur looking at it more logically, and thats fine before u go off on one again.

the words a linked to sounds and feeling making them all important, but the sounds and feeling say more than the words can, communication is like 90% non-verbal.
Think of some of shakespears work, his plays on words and uses of differnt tones (although that is usually writen open to interpretation)
Old 05-05-2006, 07:34 AM   #163

Bincount™: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muladhara
"Dim my eyes if they should compromise a full-grown wanton need, divine need, then I might as well be gone."

Which means:

"If strict 'logic' (religious dogma) keeps me from doing something natual and euphoric, then just kill me now."

I disagree, I've slowed it down and listened over and over, it's definately either divine or divide. The 'div' part is pronounced like in both of those words, I hear no 'oo' sound.

Plus, the 'from' is a clear 'g' sound, which could also be a 'c', 'what' has an 'n' sound before the 't' making it want, the next syllable isn't too clear, could be 'on' as I hear it, 'and' as others hear it or an 'oo' sound as you hear it.

And "Silence leech and save your poison." makes perfect sense, you just don't understand it.

It matters a LOT what you mean, otherwise communication would be useless. If you are shy around someone because you really like them, they could percieve you as being ignorant, the intention needs to be clear otherwise things get muddied.

It's not all about sounds and feelings, the words are important too.

right, your interpretation sounds lvoely and poetic. but it doesnt fit with the emphasis on the words. he clearly stops after "if they should compromise a fulcrum" and then says "want and need divide me" in a totally difernt tone what he wants and what he needs are 2 different things, almost like he cant accept whatever has happened.
So i am stucking with "want and need divide me" (reference later in the song divide and wither away). Meaning if i am divided then i might as well be dead. other refernces incude "broken" and "severed". i'm going on a themeatic basis here whereas i think ur looking at it more logically, and thats fine before u go off on one again.

the words a linked to sounds and feeling making them all important, but the sounds and feeling say more than the words can, communication is like 90% non-verbal.
Think of some of shakespears work, his plays on words and uses of differnt tones (although that is usually writen open to interpretation)
05-05-2006, 08:23 AM

Not that it'll make the slightest bit of difference, but I can only here 'damn' twice and then possibly 'dim' the third time, for me, it's not a j because it's not soft enough, it's has a lot of sibilance in it, which you get from forming a d or t sound, not from a j sound. I also cannot hear any 'b's so anyone who can hear 'jambi' is totally mad.

Also, dunno if this has been said, but you all seem convinced it's either 'want' or 'wanton' but I can only hear 'watching me...'
Old 05-05-2006, 08:23 AM   #164
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 30

Not that it'll make the slightest bit of difference, but I can only here 'damn' twice and then possibly 'dim' the third time, for me, it's not a j because it's not soft enough, it's has a lot of sibilance in it, which you get from forming a d or t sound, not from a j sound. I also cannot hear any 'b's so anyone who can hear 'jambi' is totally mad.

Also, dunno if this has been said, but you all seem convinced it's either 'want' or 'wanton' but I can only hear 'watching me...'
Muladhara's Avatar Muladhara
05-05-2006, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardJamesKeenan

I've had enough of discussing it with you, like I said, if you can't see why 'Want and need...' beginning a new sentence in that line I can't be bothered explaining it to you.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:21 AM   #165
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5

Quote:

I've had enough of discussing it with you, like I said, if you can't see why 'Want and need...' beginning a new sentence in that line I can't be bothered explaining it to you.
05-05-2006, 09:22 AM

I think its different each time.

Damn my eyes!
Jambi eyes! (or "Jam my eyes")
Dim my eyes if they should compromise....

EDIT:
Important point:

"Jambi" is sometimes spelled "Djambi", meaning its a very hard J sound.

Last edited by transcend187; 05-05-2006 at 09:32 AM..
Old 05-05-2006, 09:22 AM   #166
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 1439

I think its different each time.

Damn my eyes!
Jambi eyes! (or "Jam my eyes")
Dim my eyes if they should compromise....

EDIT:
Important point:

"Jambi" is sometimes spelled "Djambi", meaning its a very hard J sound.

Last edited by transcend187; 05-05-2006 at 09:32 AM..
transcend187's Avatar transcend187
05-05-2006, 09:39 AM

Hmmm.... although I thought that there was no way it could be a reference to Jambi the Genie, I'm starting to change my mind.

From another thread:

Quote:
Jambi used to get the wishes wrong and fuck things up even worse than when they started.
I think this is incredibly important, and its likely that at least part of the meaning of the song is related to the Genie, if not all of it.

The "Damn my eyes" part... I still think its different every time.

"Damn my eyes!
Jambi eyes!
Dim/damn my eyes if they should compromise..."

He's saying, damn my eyes, because my eyes are Jambi eyes. Meaning his eyes see things, wish for them to be a certain way, but screw it up.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:39 AM   #167
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 1439

Hmmm.... although I thought that there was no way it could be a reference to Jambi the Genie, I'm starting to change my mind.

From another thread:

Quote:
Jambi used to get the wishes wrong and fuck things up even worse than when they started.
I think this is incredibly important, and its likely that at least part of the meaning of the song is related to the Genie, if not all of it.

The "Damn my eyes" part... I still think its different every time.

"Damn my eyes!
Jambi eyes!
Dim/damn my eyes if they should compromise..."

He's saying, damn my eyes, because my eyes are Jambi eyes. Meaning his eyes see things, wish for them to be a certain way, but screw it up.
genji
05-05-2006, 11:00 AM

this part isn't that big of a part, but after "you're my piece of mind" where it has like [my own / my all] or whatever, i think it sounds like "my home"...as in "you're my piece of mind, my home, i said i'm just trying to hold on one more day"

anyone else think so?
Old 05-05-2006, 11:00 AM   #168
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

this part isn't that big of a part, but after "you're my piece of mind" where it has like [my own / my all] or whatever, i think it sounds like "my home"...as in "you're my piece of mind, my home, i said i'm just trying to hold on one more day"

anyone else think so?
el_boss's Avatar el_boss
05-05-2006, 11:53 AM

I made this set of lyrics without looking too much on the progress that has been made so far. I wanted to give an unbiased version. I know alot of it doesn't make sense, but I wrote it as I heard it. Hopefully it will bring some new ideas to the project.
----------------------------

Infinite king's mountain view
Here/hear from a wild dream come true

Feast like sultan I do,
on treasures and flesh never few

But I
I would
Wish it all away
If I thought I'd lose you just one day

The devil and his has me down
In love with the dark side i'd found
Dabblin' all the way down
Up to my neck soon to drown
But you changed that all for me
Lifted me up turned me around

So I
I
I
I

I would
I would
I would wish this all away

Dream like a martyr dusk 'til dawn
Bed like a hooker all night long
Chant to the devil with my song
And got what I wanted all along

But I
And I would
If I could
I would
Wish it away
Wish it away
Wish it all away
Wanna wish it away
No brazzle/(brass who) could hold sway or justify my kneeling away my sinner soul

If i could i'd wish it all away
If i found tomorrow would take you away
You're my peace/piece of mind my own my (sad/said and)/saddened just try to hold on one more day

dim/dam/damn/dear | my/maya | eyes/i've
dimuyize(?)

jim/jam | buy/by | eyes
jambiaize(?)

dimuyize(?)

If they should compromise a/our fulcrum/(folk room)
what you need to find, leave it, and my ass will be gone

Shine on forever
Shine on (the level and)/benevolent sun
Shine down upon the broken
Shine until (my* two/chor/tool)/mature become one
(*I really can't hear the "the" here)

Shine on forever
Shine on a code/coal of seven/sever
Shine until the two become one

Divided and withering away
Divide and wither away
Shine it upon many lighter ways (the level and)/benevolent sun

Breathe/bray/brave in union

So as one survive another day in season
Silence(d) leech and save your poison
Silence(d) leech and stay out of my way

Last edited by el_boss; 05-06-2006 at 02:02 AM..
Old 05-05-2006, 11:53 AM   #169
Level 4 - Thinker

I made this set of lyrics without looking too much on the progress that has been made so far. I wanted to give an unbiased version. I know alot of it doesn't make sense, but I wrote it as I heard it. Hopefully it will bring some new ideas to the project.
----------------------------

Infinite king's mountain view
Here/hear from a wild dream come true

Feast like sultan I do,
on treasures and flesh never few

But I
I would
Wish it all away

The devil and his has me down
In love with the dark side i'd found
Dabblin' all the way down
Lifted me up turned me around

So I
I
I
I

I would
I would
I would wish this all away

Dream like a martyr dusk 'til dawn
Bed like a hooker all night long
Chant to the devil with my song
And got what I wanted all along

But I
And I would
If I could
I would
Wish it away
Wish it away
Wish it all away
Wanna wish it away
No brazzle/(brass who) could hold sway or justify my kneeling away my sinner soul

If i could i'd wish it all away
If i found tomorrow would take you away
You're my peace/piece of mind my own my (sad/said and)/saddened just try to hold on one more day

dimuyize(?)

jim/jam | buy/by | eyes
jambiaize(?)

dimuyize(?)

If they should compromise a/our fulcrum/(folk room)
what you need to find, leave it, and my ass will be gone

Shine on forever
Shine until (my* two/chor/tool)/mature become one
(*I really can't hear the "the" here)

Shine on forever
Shine on a code/coal of seven/sever

Divide and wither away
Shine it upon many lighter ways (the level and)/benevolent sun

So as one survive another day in season
Silence(d) leech and save your poison
Silence(d) leech and stay out of my way

Last edited by el_boss; 05-06-2006 at 02:02 AM..
Spaztiq
05-05-2006, 02:43 PM

My gawd people. I posted the correct answer about midway down page 4 and no one even bothered to read/respond to it?
Now I've listened to that live posting made above and it confirms, undoubtedly, my translation. I have absolutely no idea where some of you are coming up with words like devine and fulcrum...
Yeah... I know I probably sound like a pompous ass, but I can't watch this surreal debate anymore. :P

Here it is again:
---------------------------------------
So if I could I’d wish it all away;
If I thought tomorrow they'd take you away.
You’re my peace of mind, my all, my Saturn;
Just trying to hold on one more day.

Jambi
Jambi

'Till my salvation come from myself over wonton need to finally fit,
I might as well be gone.
----------------------------------------

It's pretty plain english, not so convoluted like some seem to be making it out to be.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:43 PM   #170
Level 2 - Poster

My gawd people. I posted the correct answer about midway down page 4 and no one even bothered to read/respond to it?
Now I've listened to that live posting made above and it confirms, undoubtedly, my translation. I have absolutely no idea where some of you are coming up with words like devine and fulcrum...
Yeah... I know I probably sound like a pompous ass, but I can't watch this surreal debate anymore. :P

Here it is again:

Jambi
Jambi

I might as well be gone.

It's pretty plain english, not so convoluted like some seem to be making it out to be.
JShaney
05-05-2006, 03:02 PM

fit???
Old 05-05-2006, 03:02 PM   #171
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

fit???
Spaztiq
05-05-2006, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JShaney
fit???
yes fit... as in fit in.
Unless his salvation.. ie: being at peace with himself, comes from within, as opposed to gaining salvation from simply fitting in with the crowd, being like everyone else, he might as well not exist.

Is that a little clearer?
Old 05-05-2006, 03:10 PM   #172
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
fit???
yes fit... as in fit in.
Unless his salvation.. ie: being at peace with himself, comes from within, as opposed to gaining salvation from simply fitting in with the crowd, being like everyone else, he might as well not exist.

Is that a little clearer?
Biscuit Oil
05-05-2006, 04:47 PM

So no one else hears
"Dim my eyes if they should compromise a hope of wanting the Divine Need
then I might as well be gone..."?

Does anyone think this would even make sense? A lot of the guesses of this part aren't coherent: "Jambi eyes if they should..." <-- Makes no sense.

Some of you seem to be hearing the "hope" part... and some hear the "divine" and "need".
Old 05-05-2006, 04:47 PM   #173
Level 3 - Talker

So no one else hears
"Dim my eyes if they should compromise a hope of wanting the Divine Need
then I might as well be gone..."?

Does anyone think this would even make sense? A lot of the guesses of this part aren't coherent: "Jambi eyes if they should..." <-- Makes no sense.

Some of you seem to be hearing the "hope" part... and some hear the "divine" and "need".
FatalDeath's Avatar FatalDeath
05-05-2006, 05:03 PM

I hear "breathe" once MAYBE twice, but that's only in the beginning of that section, so I think it's just more unclear in the beginning, then clearly "pray" by the end. Either that or it's both...but I don't know if that would make sense.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:03 PM   #174
Level 3 - Talker

I hear "breathe" once MAYBE twice, but that's only in the beginning of that section, so I think it's just more unclear in the beginning, then clearly "pray" by the end. Either that or it's both...but I don't know if that would make sense.
bogsnarth's Avatar bogsnarth
05-05-2006, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaztiq

Here it is again:

Jambi
Jambi

I might as well be gone.

that could not be more wrong.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:41 PM   #175
john dough

Bincount™: 13353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaztiq

Here it is again:

Jambi
Jambi

I might as well be gone.

that could not be more wrong.
05-05-2006, 06:19 PM

Maybe Maynard just really needs a dumpling :)
Old 05-05-2006, 06:19 PM   #176

Maybe Maynard just really needs a dumpling :)
implandnoises's Avatar implandnoises
05-06-2006, 01:01 AM

Come on guys, you know whats going on don't you? There is no use trying to figure out the original lyrics from the live concerts. Maynard is reading these posts and then using the alternative suggestions when he sings live. Cunning bastard...
Old 05-06-2006, 01:01 AM   #177
Banned.

Bincount™: 1157

Come on guys, you know whats going on don't you? There is no use trying to figure out the original lyrics from the live concerts. Maynard is reading these posts and then using the alternative suggestions when he sings live. Cunning bastard...
kabir's Avatar kabir
05-06-2006, 01:13 AM

look here's the big problem.

as it is now, we have -

damn my eyes IF they should compromise a fulcrum watching me divide me, THEN i might as well be gone.

that doesn't make a lick of sense. IF, THEN. there's no IF here that makes sense, esp cuz there's no verb or adverb before "divide me."

IF they should compromise [our fulcrum one to need] divide me
THEN i might as well be gone.

anyone have any thoughts about how this phrase could make sense grammatically?

this is the voice of original sin • take it. [attrition]
Old 05-06-2006, 01:13 AM   #178
t.d.n creator/presidenté

Bincount™: 116

as it is now, we have -

damn my eyes IF they should compromise a fulcrum watching me divide me, THEN i might as well be gone.

that doesn't make a lick of sense. IF, THEN. there's no IF here that makes sense, esp cuz there's no verb or adverb before "divide me."

Stev's Avatar Stev
05-06-2006, 02:39 AM

'compromise' and 'divide' are both verbs, I'm not quite sure what's missing :S
Old 05-06-2006, 02:39 AM   #179

'compromise' and 'divide' are both verbs, I'm not quite sure what's missing :S
el_boss's Avatar el_boss
05-06-2006, 03:13 AM

I can't help but hear an L after "divide"

Damn my eyes if they should compromise our fulcrum...

(Want you,)/(one to) need you, if I leave, then I might as well begone/be gone

Wow this makes even less sense. I guess I'm stuck on the "divide me" part.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:13 AM   #180
Level 4 - Thinker

I can't help but hear an L after "divide"

Damn my eyes if they should compromise our fulcrum...

Wow this makes even less sense. I guess I'm stuck on the "divide me" part.
Valkyrie
05-06-2006, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabir

as it is now, we have -

Hey Kabir. What up?

I think it makes MUCH more sense if it's:

"Damn my eyes if they should compromise our fulcrum. Need and want divide me, So I might as well be gone."

If my eyes disrupt the key point that we both get leverage and basically benefits from one another, then damn them.

In that situation, my needs and my wants twist me, so why am I even around? I'm better off gone for the both of us.

That is how I hear it, and how I interpret it.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:33 AM   #181
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

Quote:

as it is now, we have -

Hey Kabir. What up?

I think it makes MUCH more sense if it's:

"Damn my eyes if they should compromise our fulcrum. Need and want divide me, So I might as well be gone."

If my eyes disrupt the key point that we both get leverage and basically benefits from one another, then damn them.

In that situation, my needs and my wants twist me, so why am I even around? I'm better off gone for the both of us.

That is how I hear it, and how I interpret it.
opiated's Avatar opiated
05-06-2006, 12:03 PM

As for the whole "Jambi eyes/Dim my eyes/Damn my eyes" issue, I'm hearing "Damn my eyes."

Just the two cents I'm throwing into the kettle here.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:03 PM   #182
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 145

As for the whole "Jambi eyes/Dim my eyes/Damn my eyes" issue, I'm hearing "Damn my eyes."

Just the two cents I'm throwing into the kettle here.
scar's Avatar scar
05-06-2006, 01:26 PM

Quote:

as it is now, we have -

kabir,
i seriously think people are reaching here, trying to find some kind of life-altering lyric that can somehow give us another peek into TOOL's (or at least Maynard's) view of God and religion. it sounds so simple to me. you are right about the cause/effect, if/then structure of the phrase, but that sentence starts AFTER:

"dim/damn my eyes if they should compromise a full-grown wanton need."
that completes that sentence. i then hear, clear as a bell:

"IF I need (in reference to the wanton need, just spoken)
THEN I might as well be gone."

i sincerely hope this helps.

Last edited by scar; 05-06-2006 at 07:27 PM..
Old 05-06-2006, 01:26 PM   #183

Quote:

as it is now, we have -

kabir,
i seriously think people are reaching here, trying to find some kind of life-altering lyric that can somehow give us another peek into TOOL's (or at least Maynard's) view of God and religion. it sounds so simple to me. you are right about the cause/effect, if/then structure of the phrase, but that sentence starts AFTER:

"dim/damn my eyes if they should compromise a full-grown wanton need."
that completes that sentence. i then hear, clear as a bell:

i sincerely hope this helps.

Last edited by scar; 05-06-2006 at 07:27 PM..
sub_atomic's Avatar sub_atomic
05-06-2006, 01:40 PM

Listening to Lateralus today. The song, not the album.

Sounds like he says "Jambi on the lines of reason."

But he says "Drawn beyond the lines of reason."

Good example of how Maynard's D's sound like J's.

Wanna fight about it?
Old 05-06-2006, 01:40 PM   #184
Level 4 - Thinker

Listening to Lateralus today. The song, not the album.

Sounds like he says "Jambi on the lines of reason."

But he says "Drawn beyond the lines of reason."

Good example of how Maynard's D's sound like J's.

Wanna fight about it?
Kyndig
05-06-2006, 04:25 PM

"So, as one, survive
Another day and season
Silently, just [say / save] your poison
Silently, just stay out of my way"

I haven't read this entire thread, but most of it. I haven't seen anyone point this out yet.
The line is "Silently just say your PRICE AND"

-Kyndig
Old 05-06-2006, 04:25 PM   #185
Level 3 - Talker

"So, as one, survive
Another day and season
Silently, just [say / save] your poison
Silently, just stay out of my way"

I haven't read this entire thread, but most of it. I haven't seen anyone point this out yet.
The line is "Silently just say your PRICE AND"

-Kyndig
The Mars Volta
05-06-2006, 05:11 PM

hi guys, im new,
but personally, i think that Maynard says
"If in the king's mountain view
Here from the wild dream come true"
any thoughts?
Old 05-06-2006, 05:11 PM   #186
Level 1 - Lurker

hi guys, im new,
but personally, i think that Maynard says
"If in the king's mountain view
Here from the wild dream come true"
any thoughts?
caiman's Avatar caiman
05-06-2006, 05:57 PM

At the very end I hear "silent legions, save your poson. Silent legions, stay out of my way."
Old 05-06-2006, 05:57 PM   #187
Level 4 - Thinker

At the very end I hear "silent legions, save your poson. Silent legions, stay out of my way."
05-06-2006, 06:46 PM

Here from the king's mountain view
Here from the wild dream come true
Feast like a sultan I do
On treasures and flesh never few

But I, I would wish it all away
If I thought I'd lose you just one day.

The Devil and his had me down
In love with the dark side I’d found
Dabbling all the way down

Lifted me up, turned me ‘round
So I...
I…
I…
I…

I would,
I would,
I would wish this all away.

Prayed like a martyr, dusk to dawn
Begged like a hooker all night long
Tempted the Devil with my song,
And got what I wanted all along.

But I…
’n I would if I could
I would wish it away
Wish it away
Wish it all away
I’d wish it all away

No prize here could hold sway
Or justify my kneeling away, my center…

So if I could I’d wish it all away
If I thought tomorrow would take you away
You’re my peace of mind, my all, my center,
just trying to hold on one more day.

Damn my eyes!
Dim my eyes!
Dim my eyes, if they should compromise a fulcrum
Wants and needs divide me, then I might as well be gone.

Shine on forever
Shine on benevolent soul/sun.
Shine until the two become one.

Shine on forever
Shine on benevolent sun.
Shine down upon the sinners

Shine down upon the many,
Light our way benevolent sun.

Breathe in union
Breathe in union
Breathe in union
Breathe in union
Breathe in union

So as one, survive another day in season
Silence leech and save your poison
Silence leech, stay out my way.

As far as I can tell after listening to it at 1/2 speed and with a vocalized EQ.

Just listened to it again, 100% correct.

Last edited by colegrove34; 05-06-2006 at 06:51 PM..
Old 05-06-2006, 06:46 PM   #188
Level 2 - Poster

Here from the king's mountain view
Feast like a sultan I do

If I thought I'd lose you just one day.

So I...
I…
I…
I…

I would,
I would,

Prayed like a martyr, dusk to dawn
Tempted the Devil with my song,

But I…
’n I would if I could
I would wish it away
Wish it away
Wish it all away
I’d wish it all away

Or justify my kneeling away, my center…

You’re my peace of mind, my all, my center,
just trying to hold on one more day.

Damn my eyes!
Dim my eyes!
Dim my eyes, if they should compromise a fulcrum
Wants and needs divide me, then I might as well be gone.

Shine on forever

Shine on forever
Shine on benevolent sun.

Breathe in union
Breathe in union
Breathe in union
Breathe in union
Breathe in union

So as one, survive another day in season
Silence leech and save your poison
Silence leech, stay out my way.

As far as I can tell after listening to it at 1/2 speed and with a vocalized EQ.

Just listened to it again, 100% correct.

Last edited by colegrove34; 05-06-2006 at 06:51 PM..
kabir's Avatar kabir
05-06-2006, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_boss
now both of these actually make sense, replacing "divide me then i might as well be gone" with "IF I leave/need, then....".

Old 05-06-2006, 06:52 PM   #189
t.d.n creator/presidenté

Bincount™: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_boss
now both of these actually make sense, replacing "divide me then i might as well be gone" with "IF I leave/need, then....".

Cryptic
05-06-2006, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blend
I'm sorry. I keep hearing "Pray in union". Does no one else hear this?
Yep agree!

Also I think he doesn't always say

"Shine on benevolent son" but "Shine on forever in Song"??

but alternates between the 2??? Any takers??
Old 05-06-2006, 08:04 PM   #190
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blend
I'm sorry. I keep hearing "Pray in union". Does no one else hear this?
Yep agree!

Also I think he doesn't always say

"Shine on benevolent son" but "Shine on forever in Song"??

but alternates between the 2??? Any takers??
onex
05-06-2006, 08:07 PM

I hear:

"Damn my eyes,
Jambi eyes
Damn my eyes if they should compromise a fulcrum
Want and need
If I need, then I might as well be gone..."

And the last bit, I hear:

"Silent legions save your PREACHIN'
Silent legions stay out of my way"
Old 05-06-2006, 08:07 PM   #191
Level 2 - Poster

I hear:

"Damn my eyes,
Jambi eyes
Damn my eyes if they should compromise a fulcrum
Want and need
If I need, then I might as well be gone..."

And the last bit, I hear:

cranstonman
05-06-2006, 09:15 PM

I think its rediculous that everyone is fighting about the lyrics. Obviously, maynard is the only one who knows what they are. i admit that there are obviously wrong lyrics posted, but why not (at least) work together to figure it out. so you could move on.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:15 PM   #192
Level 3 - Talker

I think its rediculous that everyone is fighting about the lyrics. Obviously, maynard is the only one who knows what they are. i admit that there are obviously wrong lyrics posted, but why not (at least) work together to figure it out. so you could move on.
05-06-2006, 09:18 PM

if nothing else, take your own interpretation and apply it. it may prove useful to the individual rather than trying to figure out what it means to maynard.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:18 PM   #193
Level 3 - Talker

if nothing else, take your own interpretation and apply it. it may prove useful to the individual rather than trying to figure out what it means to maynard.
05-06-2006, 11:03 PM

What are jambi eyes????
I apologize if it has already been defined by any of you and I missed it, but I am not sure what Jambi means, or what jambi eyes could be..

Do we all figure that whatever the lyrics are after (my interpretation) Damn my eyes should serve as some type of explanation that would give reason for feeling as though someone "might as well be gone"??? Or is this not neccesary.....

so I think two words (fulcrum/fool from/fall from/etc and divide/divine/etc) are so tough to decipher, and that without knowing these it is impossible to get it all right.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:03 PM   #194
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

What are jambi eyes????
I apologize if it has already been defined by any of you and I missed it, but I am not sure what Jambi means, or what jambi eyes could be..

Do we all figure that whatever the lyrics are after (my interpretation) Damn my eyes should serve as some type of explanation that would give reason for feeling as though someone "might as well be gone"??? Or is this not neccesary.....

so I think two words (fulcrum/fool from/fall from/etc and divide/divine/etc) are so tough to decipher, and that without knowing these it is impossible to get it all right.
el_boss's Avatar el_boss
05-07-2006, 12:38 AM

Quote:
What are jambi eyes????

You forgot folk room :)
The only explanation I can come up with for the Jambi eyes thing is if he actaually is reffering to the genie thing some people have brought up. Like, Jambi take care of my eyes or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onex
If it is preacin' he's pronouncing it poichin', no not even that, I can't hear preachin' at all. It clearly starts with poy and has a S in there somewhere.

@colegrove34:
Or justify my kneeling away, my center

I'm starting to hear this: Or justify my giving away my sinner soul (not so)

Maybe: Shine on the level and son

I can't hear the down upon. I hear something like sever instead of many. This sounds more like:

shined on a cold of sever

It shined on a cold created from severing. Maybe from making the one become two?

Breathe in union

So no ones hearing brave or bray like me? Bray is the perfect union between breathe and pray for those who believe it's pray.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:38 AM   #195
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
What are jambi eyes????

You forgot folk room :)
The only explanation I can come up with for the Jambi eyes thing is if he actaually is reffering to the genie thing some people have brought up. Like, Jambi take care of my eyes or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onex
If it is preacin' he's pronouncing it poichin', no not even that, I can't hear preachin' at all. It clearly starts with poy and has a S in there somewhere.

@colegrove34:
Or justify my kneeling away, my center

I'm starting to hear this: Or justify my giving away my sinner soul (not so)

Maybe: Shine on the level and son

I can't hear the down upon. I hear something like sever instead of many. This sounds more like:

shined on a cold of sever

It shined on a cold created from severing. Maybe from making the one become two?

Breathe in union

So no ones hearing brave or bray like me? Bray is the perfect union between breathe and pray for those who believe it's pray.
onex
05-07-2006, 01:22 AM

I say it's "preachin' " because after playing that part over and over, trying to hear "poison" like everyone else, my ears just would not accept it.
Plus, I think "silent legions, save your preachin' " makes a lot more sense.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:22 AM   #196
Level 2 - Poster

I say it's "preachin' " because after playing that part over and over, trying to hear "poison" like everyone else, my ears just would not accept it.
Plus, I think "silent legions, save your preachin' " makes a lot more sense.
el_boss's Avatar el_boss
05-07-2006, 01:50 AM

Quote:
I even came up with a motivation for my version.

Damn my eyes if they should compromise our fulcrum. Want you need you, if I leave, then I might as well be gone.

The fulcrum is their love, the point which they draw power from. "Damn my eyes" getting tempted by other things, treasures and flesh for example, flesh being sex or something. "If I leave" if he lets the temptation conquer him, if his belief in the fulcrum isn't strong enough. He doesn't deserve to be there, he "might as well be gone".
Old 05-07-2006, 01:50 AM   #197
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
I even came up with a motivation for my version.

Damn my eyes if they should compromise our fulcrum. Want you need you, if I leave, then I might as well be gone.

The fulcrum is their love, the point which they draw power from. "Damn my eyes" getting tempted by other things, treasures and flesh for example, flesh being sex or something. "If I leave" if he lets the temptation conquer him, if his belief in the fulcrum isn't strong enough. He doesn't deserve to be there, he "might as well be gone".
TheResidentEvil
05-07-2006, 06:27 AM

Dim my eyes if they should compromise our fulcrum
Want and need divide me thin
I might as well be gone

And this line:
No prize you could hold sway or justify my kneeling away

IS
No price you could hold sway or justify my kneeling away and in the live version posted a few posts up, he says giving instead of kneeling

Last edited by TheResidentEvil; 05-07-2006 at 06:35 AM..
Old 05-07-2006, 06:27 AM   #198
Level 4 - Thinker

Dim my eyes if they should compromise our fulcrum
Want and need divide me thin
I might as well be gone

And this line:
No prize you could hold sway or justify my kneeling away

IS
No price you could hold sway or justify my kneeling away and in the live version posted a few posts up, he says giving instead of kneeling

Last edited by TheResidentEvil; 05-07-2006 at 06:35 AM..
Jerk off's Avatar Jerk off
05-07-2006, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit Oil
Given the kings mountain view
Feast like a sultan I do

So I...
I…
I…
I…

I would,
I would,

Prayed like a martyr dusk to dawn
Tempted the Devil with my song

But I…
I would if I could
I would wish it away
Wish it away
Wish it all away
I’d wish it all away

No prize you could hold [could hold] sway
Or justify my kneeling away, my sentence…

You’re my peace of mind, my all,
I said I’m just trying to hold on one more day.

Damn my eyes!
Damn my eyes!
"Damn my eyes if they should compromise our fulcrum.
Need and want divide me, So I might as well be gone."

Shine on forever
Shine on benevolent sun

Shine on forever
Shine on benevolent sun

Divide and wither it away

Breathe in union
Breathe in union
Breathe in union
Breathe in union
Breathe in union

So, as one, survive another day in season
(Silence leech and save your poison?)
Silently just stay out of my way.
Edits in bold

Reason. He lives on a mountian in AZ. Why would you hide from a dream? I really think it sounds like damn, but i could be wrong.... I can hear the fulcrum part plain as day.

Last edited by Jerk off; 05-07-2006 at 11:40 AM..
Old 05-07-2006, 11:35 AM   #199
The Burninator

Bincount™: 483

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit Oil
Given the kings mountain view
Feast like a sultan I do

So I...
I…
I…
I…

I would,
I would,

Prayed like a martyr dusk to dawn
Tempted the Devil with my song

But I…
I would if I could
I would wish it away
Wish it away
Wish it all away
I’d wish it all away

No prize you could hold [could hold] sway
Or justify my kneeling away, my sentence…

You’re my peace of mind, my all,
I said I’m just trying to hold on one more day.

Damn my eyes!
Damn my eyes!
"Damn my eyes if they should compromise our fulcrum.
Need and want divide me, So I might as well be gone."

Shine on forever
Shine on benevolent sun

Shine on forever
Shine on benevolent sun

Breathe in union
Breathe in union
Breathe in union
Breathe in union
Breathe in union

So, as one, survive another day in season
(Silence leech and save your poison?)
Silently just stay out of my way.
Edits in bold

Reason. He lives on a mountian in AZ. Why would you hide from a dream? I really think it sounds like damn, but i could be wrong.... I can hear the fulcrum part plain as day.

Last edited by Jerk off; 05-07-2006 at 11:40 AM..
Spaztiq
05-07-2006, 02:29 PM

Well, I must say, I admit defeat at the hands of Maynards singing.
I'm completely confused now as to what it is he says. I've gone through most of the responses on here, and as long as I'm reading along, each and everyone of them actually seem to fit with what he's singing, even my wildly different oppinion fits (IMO of course).

I think my head is gonna explode.

Appologies as well for sounding like a righteous ass back there.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:29 PM   #200
Level 2 - Poster

Well, I must say, I admit defeat at the hands of Maynards singing.
I'm completely confused now as to what it is he says. I've gone through most of the responses on here, and as long as I'm reading along, each and everyone of them actually seem to fit with what he's singing, even my wildly different oppinion fits (IMO of course).

I think my head is gonna explode.

Appologies as well for sounding like a righteous ass back there.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply