Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
Corevelay
05-02-2006, 12:19 PM

Which song would you say sounds the best production wise? They all sound quite simular but do have slight differences here and there.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:19 PM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
The album's sound

Which song would you say sounds the best production wise? They all sound quite simular but do have slight differences here and there.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
bonch
05-02-2006, 01:23 PM

One thing I'd like to point out is how, now that everyone has the CD, they can hear there was no "early mix" leaked, and that the CD sounds nearly exactly the same as the M4As. Glad to be able to say I told you so on that one.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:23 PM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2
Re: The album's sound

One thing I'd like to point out is how, now that everyone has the CD, they can hear there was no "early mix" leaked, and that the CD sounds nearly exactly the same as the M4As. Glad to be able to say I told you so on that one.
Dolophane's Avatar Dolophane
05-02-2006, 01:27 PM

I'm liking Vicarious and Jambi, especially the intro to Jambi when the drums kick in. Good stuff...
"You see, for me [art]'s not one of life's ornaments, rococo relaxation to be greeted affably after a day of hard work; I'm inverted on this : for me it's my very breath, the one thing necessary, and all else is excretion and a latrine."

~Arno Schmidt
Old 05-02-2006, 01:27 PM   #3
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 95

I'm liking Vicarious and Jambi, especially the intro to Jambi when the drums kick in. Good stuff...
"You see, for me [art]'s not one of life's ornaments, rococo relaxation to be greeted affably after a day of hard work; I'm inverted on this : for me it's my very breath, the one thing necessary, and all else is excretion and a latrine."

~Arno Schmidt
placidium's Avatar placidium
05-02-2006, 01:29 PM

vicarious without a doubt..
Old 05-02-2006, 01:29 PM   #4
Banned.

Bincount™: 1805

vicarious without a doubt..
mmortal03's Avatar mmortal03
05-02-2006, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonch
The songs are the same, but the quality is way better on the CD or the vbr mp3's going around. The M4As (AAC) were encoded at CBR 192kbps (iTunes 4.9), and people have shown that some bad low passing and high passing occurred (and upsampling from an unknown source) that really made those sound like crap.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:52 PM   #5

Bincount™: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonch
The songs are the same, but the quality is way better on the CD or the vbr mp3's going around. The M4As (AAC) were encoded at CBR 192kbps (iTunes 4.9), and people have shown that some bad low passing and high passing occurred (and upsampling from an unknown source) that really made those sound like crap.
Kinesthesis's Avatar Kinesthesis
05-02-2006, 04:37 PM

Rosetta deserves quite a bit of credit on that angle.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:37 PM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6

Rosetta deserves quite a bit of credit on that angle.
05-02-2006, 04:47 PM

ya I really like how Right in Two sounds. so clear....i never heard the little bells and whistles before on the rip.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:47 PM   #7
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 66

ya I really like how Right in Two sounds. so clear....i never heard the little bells and whistles before on the rip.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply