Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
Kinesthesis's Avatar Kinesthesis
05-01-2006, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by semi-sentient
I'll be in line when BestBuy opens to buy my official copy tomorrow morning. The CD is getting better and better, I must admit. There just isn't anyone who compares to Tool. It's crazy that they've been able to do it for so damn long, and I hope I don't have to wait another 5 years for more.
Right on. Definitely looks like the best place to get it, with a $9.99 price tag. I'll have to go ahead and pick up the max of 3, in case I need to give one as a gift.

Tool on.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:38 AM   #601
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6
Re: A show of support.

Quote:
I'll be in line when BestBuy opens to buy my official copy tomorrow morning. The CD is getting better and better, I must admit. There just isn't anyone who compares to Tool. It's crazy that they've been able to do it for so damn long, and I hope I don't have to wait another 5 years for more.
Right on. Definitely looks like the best place to get it, with a $9.99 price tag. I'll have to go ahead and pick up the max of 3, in case I need to give one as a gift.

Tool on.
05-01-2006, 11:52 AM

I'm buying it tomorrow thanks to the fact I sold my college text books back today and have some cash now. Can't wait for 10,000 days and can't wait for May 11th in Kansas City.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:52 AM   #602
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0

I'm buying it tomorrow thanks to the fact I sold my college text books back today and have some cash now. Can't wait for 10,000 days and can't wait for May 11th in Kansas City.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Griffin's Avatar Griffin
05-01-2006, 12:08 PM

I gotta walk all across town to the mall and buy it tomorrow, after I walked all the way there and pre-ordered it... I've been going about this all wrong I just realized.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:08 PM   #603
Level 3 - Talker

I gotta walk all across town to the mall and buy it tomorrow, after I walked all the way there and pre-ordered it... I've been going about this all wrong I just realized.
05-01-2006, 01:00 PM

im deff buying it, my leaked cd isn't mine, and its songs are all in the wrong order
there is a release party at a cd store near my house
i will be drunk, high and enjoying this cd while i buy it
Old 05-01-2006, 01:00 PM   #604
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 10

im deff buying it, my leaked cd isn't mine, and its songs are all in the wrong order
there is a release party at a cd store near my house
i will be drunk, high and enjoying this cd while i buy it
Pushit666's Avatar Pushit666
05-01-2006, 01:03 PM

I'll be buying it tomorrow at the local Best Buy, in addition to wearing one of my Tool shirts for school.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:03 PM   #605
Banned.

Bincount™: 685

I'll be buying it tomorrow at the local Best Buy, in addition to wearing one of my Tool shirts for school.
Octave13's Avatar Octave13
05-01-2006, 01:35 PM

I'm deffinitely buying one tomorrow. Might buy two copies, one to preserve in all it's unopened glory forever. I might frame it and hang it up on my wall. Maybe I'll make a night of it, light some candles, burn some incense, and set it on a nice soft velvet pillow and meditate for 77 minutes while listening to the other copy, before I hang it up on the wall. *sigh* I'm so lonely. :-(
Old 05-01-2006, 01:35 PM   #606
Level 4 - Thinker

I'm deffinitely buying one tomorrow. Might buy two copies, one to preserve in all it's unopened glory forever. I might frame it and hang it up on my wall. Maybe I'll make a night of it, light some candles, burn some incense, and set it on a nice soft velvet pillow and meditate for 77 minutes while listening to the other copy, before I hang it up on the wall. *sigh* I'm so lonely. :-(
Cucumber_11's Avatar Cucumber_11
05-01-2006, 03:19 PM

I accidentally bought two. The other day i was like "Shit, i haven't pre-ordered the album" so i bought it off play.com. It comes through the mail, i go yay. Everybodies happy. The day after i get an e-mail from amazon telling me my CD's been shipped AT TWICE THE PRICE, aparently i had got ahead of myself and pre-ordered it a couple of months ago.

Fuck it, all the more money for the band i hope.
"10, 000 Days was everything I wanted Lateralus to be. When I first got it [Lateralus] I felt it was a very very good album but no way up there with my favourites. Then 10, 000 Days came and it was like 'woah'."
Old 05-01-2006, 03:19 PM   #607
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 192

I accidentally bought two. The other day i was like "Shit, i haven't pre-ordered the album" so i bought it off play.com. It comes through the mail, i go yay. Everybodies happy. The day after i get an e-mail from amazon telling me my CD's been shipped AT TWICE THE PRICE, aparently i had got ahead of myself and pre-ordered it a couple of months ago.

Fuck it, all the more money for the band i hope.
"10, 000 Days was everything I wanted Lateralus to be. When I first got it [Lateralus] I felt it was a very very good album but no way up there with my favourites. Then 10, 000 Days came and it was like 'woah'."
AzazelTheGoat
05-01-2006, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow to Anima
Because I could make a full-length Faces of Death video if I'd taped the demise of each of my Aenima CDs.
My friend has sent more copies of Lateralus to the grave than I care to think about. Talk about supporting the band...
Old 05-01-2006, 07:02 PM   #608
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow to Anima
Because I could make a full-length Faces of Death video if I'd taped the demise of each of my Aenima CDs.
My friend has sent more copies of Lateralus to the grave than I care to think about. Talk about supporting the band...
05-01-2006, 07:30 PM

i think this can go unsaid? i know assumptions can be dangerous and expectations can be faulty but... i think this should be expected of us. now given the plethora of financial situations i think it is much more accurate to say that we will buy the album at some point and not necessarily tomorrow at 1030 am (amoeba opens at this time, i'm unsure of other MCDC's -- musical commodity distribution centers ;). but i'll go ahead and proclaim, "i plan to buy my cd tomorrow once work ends." hopefully i'll return tomorrow night to confirm this.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:30 PM   #609
Level 1 - Lurker

i think this can go unsaid? i know assumptions can be dangerous and expectations can be faulty but... i think this should be expected of us. now given the plethora of financial situations i think it is much more accurate to say that we will buy the album at some point and not necessarily tomorrow at 1030 am (amoeba opens at this time, i'm unsure of other MCDC's -- musical commodity distribution centers ;). but i'll go ahead and proclaim, "i plan to buy my cd tomorrow once work ends." hopefully i'll return tomorrow night to confirm this.
05-01-2006, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzazelTheGoat
That's precisely why, starting with Lateralus, I made copies of the original and played those instead. I've probably purchased Opiate twice, Undertow 2 or 3 times, and AEnima about 5 times (at least). Somehow I've been able to keep the original Salival in good shape. After my second copy of Lateralus, I just started making copies of the original so I wouldn't have to keep buying them. The OG stays inside the house and generally untouched. That will be the 1st thing I do tomorrow when I purchase 10,000 days--make a copy, and jam that.

It's amazing how much more durable and expensive (to produce) tapes were, yet CD's cost way more, in general. I suspect that this is why piracy took off so fast in the first place, although flat out stealing had plenty to do with it as well. I know I went quite a while without purchasing CD's because of the 1st reason I stated.

Anyway, just wanted to rant.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:33 PM   #610
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzazelTheGoat
That's precisely why, starting with Lateralus, I made copies of the original and played those instead. I've probably purchased Opiate twice, Undertow 2 or 3 times, and AEnima about 5 times (at least). Somehow I've been able to keep the original Salival in good shape. After my second copy of Lateralus, I just started making copies of the original so I wouldn't have to keep buying them. The OG stays inside the house and generally untouched. That will be the 1st thing I do tomorrow when I purchase 10,000 days--make a copy, and jam that.

It's amazing how much more durable and expensive (to produce) tapes were, yet CD's cost way more, in general. I suspect that this is why piracy took off so fast in the first place, although flat out stealing had plenty to do with it as well. I know I went quite a while without purchasing CD's because of the 1st reason I stated.

Anyway, just wanted to rant.
05-01-2006, 07:37 PM

Since I'm in a ranting mood, I wanted to point out that if you have downloaded the leak and plan on purchasing anyway (as is the case with myself), there is no apology needed to the band members. They are only concerned with people stealing their artwork, and we are clearly not doing that since we have every intention on buying the CD upon release. I doubt that they mind that we are a little over anxious seeing as how we've had to wait 5 damn years for some great music. They will get theirs, and then some.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:37 PM   #611

Since I'm in a ranting mood, I wanted to point out that if you have downloaded the leak and plan on purchasing anyway (as is the case with myself), there is no apology needed to the band members. They are only concerned with people stealing their artwork, and we are clearly not doing that since we have every intention on buying the CD upon release. I doubt that they mind that we are a little over anxious seeing as how we've had to wait 5 damn years for some great music. They will get theirs, and then some.
05-01-2006, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Heh. Yeah, even waited until I had confirmation of my pre-order to listen to anything...and paid out the ass for next-day shipping because I'm lazy and its cheaper than gas.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:13 PM   #612

Bincount™: 10

Quote:
Heh. Yeah, even waited until I had confirmation of my pre-order to listen to anything...and paid out the ass for next-day shipping because I'm lazy and its cheaper than gas.
05-01-2006, 08:18 PM

I too am buying it, of course, despite having the leak. I want the real thing, want to support the band, want to see the artwork and have waited 5 years to get the whole experience... and am getting it in about 3 hours! woot!
Old 05-01-2006, 08:18 PM   #613
Level 4 - Thinker

I too am buying it, of course, despite having the leak. I want the real thing, want to support the band, want to see the artwork and have waited 5 years to get the whole experience... and am getting it in about 3 hours! woot!
sundryan
05-01-2006, 08:55 PM

Be purchasing it within the next week or so
Old 05-01-2006, 08:55 PM   #614
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Be purchasing it within the next week or so
SoM
05-02-2006, 12:07 AM

Just finally, FINALLY got my copy of 10,000 Days... Seriously the packaging alone is worth the price!
Old 05-02-2006, 12:07 AM   #615
SoM
Level 3 - Talker

Just finally, FINALLY got my copy of 10,000 Days... Seriously the packaging alone is worth the price!
Sober_Tom
05-02-2006, 05:05 AM

Got my 2 copies. one to open and the other to keep wrapped in the plastic. just for safe keeping.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:05 AM   #616
Level 3 - Talker

Got my 2 copies. one to open and the other to keep wrapped in the plastic. just for safe keeping.
Metlamaniac's Avatar Metlamaniac
05-02-2006, 05:19 AM

awesome album, bought it today
Old 05-02-2006, 05:19 AM   #617

Bincount™: 15

awesome album, bought it today
semi-sentient's Avatar semi-sentient
05-02-2006, 07:40 AM

Got my 2 copies just now... there were about 40 people waiting at BestBuy here in San Antonio. I wasn't expecting to see so many Toolers there before the store opened. I'm pretty sure it sold out within minutes as people were still coming in as I was leaving. Crazy.

Cool CD case, and the artwork, as usual, is awesome.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:40 AM   #618

Got my 2 copies just now... there were about 40 people waiting at BestBuy here in San Antonio. I wasn't expecting to see so many Toolers there before the store opened. I'm pretty sure it sold out within minutes as people were still coming in as I was leaving. Crazy.

Cool CD case, and the artwork, as usual, is awesome.
05-02-2006, 08:22 AM

The artwork and packaging is awesome. The sound is brilliant.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:22 AM   #619
Level 3 - Talker

The artwork and packaging is awesome. The sound is brilliant.
mirvae
05-02-2006, 09:56 AM

bought the album last night at midnight. sexcellent.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:56 AM   #620
Level 3 - Talker

bought the album last night at midnight. sexcellent.
PhoenixPSH
05-02-2006, 10:47 AM

Damn. Not since Lateralus have I anticipated a new CD so much. Maybe this one even more so. Bought it today. Love every minute. And the packaging is genius. I hope Tool releases 11 more albums. I will buy them all as I bought all their others.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:47 AM   #621
Level 1 - Lurker

Damn. Not since Lateralus have I anticipated a new CD so much. Maybe this one even more so. Bought it today. Love every minute. And the packaging is genius. I hope Tool releases 11 more albums. I will buy them all as I bought all their others.
05-02-2006, 11:07 AM

Just bought it this morning...
Old 05-02-2006, 11:07 AM   #622
Level 1 - Lurker

Just bought it this morning...
DarkRookie
05-02-2006, 11:33 AM

i have bought and in my hands
Old 05-02-2006, 11:33 AM   #623
Level 2 - Poster

i have bought and in my hands
theenlightened's Avatar theenlightened
05-02-2006, 11:42 AM

It came out. I bought it. I might buy it for others.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:42 AM   #624
Level 4 - Thinker

It came out. I bought it. I might buy it for others.
05-02-2006, 11:43 AM

For that matter I might start handing out copies on street corners.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:43 AM   #625
Level 4 - Thinker

For that matter I might start handing out copies on street corners.
05-02-2006, 11:43 AM

And convince people to wear the stereoscopic lenses at all times.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:43 AM   #626
Level 4 - Thinker

And convince people to wear the stereoscopic lenses at all times.
bottom_feeder99
05-02-2006, 12:25 PM

I'll buy it....
Old 05-02-2006, 12:25 PM   #627
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

I'll buy it....
SuperSteve's Avatar SuperSteve
05-02-2006, 12:38 PM

Bought it this morning.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:38 PM   #628
Suicide Booth ID: 18

Bincount™: 536

Bought it this morning.
tomatoms's Avatar tomatoms
05-02-2006, 01:43 PM

i bought it at meijers for 10 bucks. best 10 bucks i ever spent, in all truth. super steve, that is the best avatar i have ever seen, hands down. lovin' it.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:43 PM   #629
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 9

i bought it at meijers for 10 bucks. best 10 bucks i ever spent, in all truth. super steve, that is the best avatar i have ever seen, hands down. lovin' it.
05-02-2006, 01:50 PM

amazing...
Old 05-02-2006, 01:50 PM   #630
The Lube

Bincount™: 5355

amazing...
05-02-2006, 01:54 PM

yea ive had the leaked version for a while but i still bought it today
Old 05-02-2006, 01:54 PM   #631
Level 3 - Talker

yea ive had the leaked version for a while but i still bought it today
sleepness
05-02-2006, 02:12 PM

lol. I listened to this when the leak came out and hated it, and was very bitter. However, I bought it today.. and wow I'm just fucking amazed. don't know what happened.. but jesus
Old 05-02-2006, 02:12 PM   #632
Level 2 - Poster

lol. I listened to this when the leak came out and hated it, and was very bitter. However, I bought it today.. and wow I'm just fucking amazed. don't know what happened.. but jesus
mjr
05-02-2006, 02:40 PM

bought 5 copies after skipping english class and driving to the nearest best buy (30minutes away). i had the 4 people already planned out who were getting it (3 of them will pay me probably, idc though im glad to spend it) but then when I got back I realized I should have bought 10...at least 5 others were asking me if they could have the last one which is being saved for a kid that was sick today. i might go back to bestbuy and get myself a copy to leave unopened and then get some for other people too. im such a fucking tool. i love tool.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:40 PM   #633
mjr
Level 7 - Loquacious

bought 5 copies after skipping english class and driving to the nearest best buy (30minutes away). i had the 4 people already planned out who were getting it (3 of them will pay me probably, idc though im glad to spend it) but then when I got back I realized I should have bought 10...at least 5 others were asking me if they could have the last one which is being saved for a kid that was sick today. i might go back to bestbuy and get myself a copy to leave unopened and then get some for other people too. im such a fucking tool. i love tool.
LazyE462
05-02-2006, 04:25 PM

I did dl the cd, but then i bought it... anyone got any shrooms ?
Old 05-02-2006, 04:25 PM   #634
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I did dl the cd, but then i bought it... anyone got any shrooms ?
Kurtz
05-02-2006, 04:26 PM

i now finally own the album. just bought it today. never downloaded it. was worth the 5 year wait
Old 05-02-2006, 04:26 PM   #635
Level 4 - Thinker

i now finally own the album. just bought it today. never downloaded it. was worth the 5 year wait
Max T.'s Avatar Max T.
05-02-2006, 06:57 PM

Thought it was funny when I read the reviews from the Coachella Festival. Maynard says, "I know you fuckers already downloaded it." Although he was probably being facecious, it made me feel more pure about my decision. I have not downloaded it, nor did I contemplate it. In fact, I preordered 10,000 days on amazon.com about a month ago. Of course now I realize that it was a terrible mistake. I will probably not receive it now for another few days. Should have went out and bought it today instead, though I thought it would be all cleaned out from the racks...oh well.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:57 PM   #636
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Thought it was funny when I read the reviews from the Coachella Festival. Maynard says, "I know you fuckers already downloaded it." Although he was probably being facecious, it made me feel more pure about my decision. I have not downloaded it, nor did I contemplate it. In fact, I preordered 10,000 days on amazon.com about a month ago. Of course now I realize that it was a terrible mistake. I will probably not receive it now for another few days. Should have went out and bought it today instead, though I thought it would be all cleaned out from the racks...oh well.
s62's Avatar s62
05-02-2006, 07:07 PM

I just bought it, and it's fucking great! I'm quite glad I waited. w00t
Old 05-02-2006, 07:07 PM   #637
s62
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 45

I just bought it, and it's fucking great! I'm quite glad I waited. w00t
05-02-2006, 07:43 PM

purchased. ripped. yay. >:]
Old 05-02-2006, 07:43 PM   #638
Level 1 - Lurker

purchased. ripped. yay. >:]
05-02-2006, 09:29 PM

i refused to listen until i was holding the cd in my hands, its an expirience you know
Old 05-02-2006, 09:29 PM   #639
Level 3 - Talker

i refused to listen until i was holding the cd in my hands, its an expirience you know
anfisechka's Avatar anfisechka
05-03-2006, 04:21 AM

Bought it. Didn't download.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:21 AM   #640
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Bought it. Didn't download.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread