Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
slamminsalmon's Avatar slamminsalmon
05-09-2006, 08:55 AM

jonesy knows what he is doing, i cant give you exact songs and times, because i dont care to analyze it so deeply. but there have been riffs adam has used or variations of the same riff, and using the same effects peddle or what not. that normally builds to and becomes the climax of the song.

xmdays isnt the first time, i dont know if i realize this because i listen to alot of their live jams, they happen to be my favorite part. jones may be a bit repetive but its for a reason. to each their own but this album isnt "rehashed" or stealing riffs from old albums. its just jonesy doing what he does best. and the best is still yet to come
Old 05-09-2006, 08:55 AM   #1
homer jay

Bincount™: 4656
this isnt the first time riffs have been used again

jonesy knows what he is doing, i cant give you exact songs and times, because i dont care to analyze it so deeply. but there have been riffs adam has used or variations of the same riff, and using the same effects peddle or what not. that normally builds to and becomes the climax of the song.

xmdays isnt the first time, i dont know if i realize this because i listen to alot of their live jams, they happen to be my favorite part. jones may be a bit repetive but its for a reason. to each their own but this album isnt "rehashed" or stealing riffs from old albums. its just jonesy doing what he does best. and the best is still yet to come
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Oberon's Avatar Oberon
05-09-2006, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamminsalmon

Great Avatar. Cite Examples.

ANOTHER DEAD HERO.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:56 AM   #2
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 155
Re: this isnt the first time riffs have been used again

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamminsalmon

Great Avatar. Cite Examples.

ANOTHER DEAD HERO.
thejesus's Avatar thejesus
05-09-2006, 09:37 AM

what riff was used again this time?
Old 05-09-2006, 09:37 AM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 24
Re: this isnt the first time riffs have been used again

what riff was used again this time?