opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Old 08-18-2009, 01:26 PM   #81
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: TooL Tour without an Album?

They are one of my favorite bands. Probably my favorite band that actually still plays live and puts out music. However, what is it with them playing the same set every night? And why so short? Being that they do not record or tour as much as other bands, they should switch up the set list every night and play at least 2 hours if not more. For $50+ a ticket that is not asking too much. Other than that I love their music and they perform live flawlessly. I just wish they would go into more obscure songs and older songs. After all they are not or at least do not seem to corporate rock whores that just care about getting paid. Reminds me of the shows back in the 80s when every band played the same set every night.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:21 PM   #82
Level 7 - Loquacious

I completely understand that they've progressed as a band. But is Right In Two or The Pot too much to ask? Is Maynard already disconnected from those as well? I understand some may be too tough to sing such as Ticks and Leeches but what about The Patient, Reflection etc. Hell, let the band play Triad by themselves at least. I don't think that's too much to ask at all.
10-30-01 @ Cricket Pavillion | 11-19-02 @ America West Arena | 6-6-06 @ Gammage Auditorium | 9-1-06 @ Theatre Under the Stars | 9-9-06 @ Cricket Pavillion | 6-6-07 @ Tucson Convention Center | 6-15-07 @ Bonnaroo | 12-13-07 @ The Pearl | 12-14-07 @ The Pearl | 7-18-09 @ Mile High Festival | 7-19-09 @ Energy Solutions Arena | 7-21-09 @ US Airways Center | 7-18-10 @ Nokia Theatre | 7-19-10 @ Nokia Theatre | 1-17-12 @ Tucson Convention Center
Old 08-21-2009, 02:01 PM   #83
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Brightwell View Post
LMAO. Are you serious? Have you listened to "Hooker With a Penis" lately?
And oh, how they manage to still maintain the integrity of their personal message to the world in that song.

*Not sarcasm.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:36 AM   #84
Level 3 - Talker

I can't believe people are complaining about bands touring.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:48 AM   #85
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeFlys View Post
I can't believe people are complaining about bands touring.

aye aye.

people get pissed because tool has built this strange persona to where as a fan it seems like the band as a whole is doing everything possible to please them and stay true to who they are. in reality i doubt that's how the band operates...i'm sure maybe 1 or 2 members of the band enjoy keeping the persona they've obtained but in the long run all the mystery and shroud is bound to wear off. they're old guys who wanted to play live again and i'm sure being asked to play lolla convinced them to turn a single date show into a mini summer tour.

keep your panties on
Old 09-26-2009, 04:26 PM   #86
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton John View Post
Definately a newb tool fan. I can spot them from a mile away. Only standing up and singing to Schism and Vicarious. Its so pathetic its cute.
Any opportunity to see TooL is an honor... if you don't feel the same than stop listening...

Before you call me a noob, be aware that the 1998 mini-tour was my first show. This is my second account here as the old gaping_lotus account seems to have been deleted. That's what I get for having a life and not bitching about my favourite band on the interwebz...

Oh also, in response as to whether or not it's worth it to travel to see TooL... I've driven 30+ hours straight to Coachella '99, seen them in San Diego in 2007, Seattle a few times, The Gorge (2007) and Medford, OR (1998) and every single minute and cent was worth it!

Last edited by eMpTyFox; 09-26-2009 at 04:35 PM..
Old 10-22-2009, 05:06 AM   #87
Level 1 - Lurker

hey does anyone know if they are touring in the uk? ive heard rumours that they are playing in manchester end of april?
Old 10-22-2009, 06:16 AM   #88
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 7

very unlikely.... maynard is bringing puscifer to the east coast in the spring of 2010... then i would think they will be getting back into the studio after that.. where did you hear the rumors?
09.08.01 06.15.07 06.17.07 06.23.07 06.29.07 08.07.09 08.08.09 06.25.10 06.26.10 01.24.12 02.04.12 06.23.12 01.22.16 01.23.16 06.07.17 06.08.17 05.20.18 05.08.19 11.02.19 01.29.20 03.04.22 03.18.22 05.25.23
Old 10-25-2009, 05:21 AM   #89
Level 1 - Lurker

my "mate" said hed seen it on tool band the only reference i can find is manchester usa i would love to see these guys though ... honestly until last year id heard of them but never heard them and i absolutely love maynards voice and lyrics and lack of ... hmmm love is probably the wrong word but you probably know what i mean by it. i wish theyd tour in the uk
Old 11-29-2009, 03:19 PM   #90
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
I guess the gods of prog art rock have finally sold out. Doing a small summer tour only a year and some change after their last tour? This isnt the TooL i grew up listening to. Oversaturation was what they completely steered clear of back in the 90s. Now it seems they are just capitalist business men who are in it for the buck. This is too soon for a new tour and i say this being the biggest tool fan i know.

TooL is turning into bon jovi or ozzy osbourne or metallica...touring without an album being released. I guess the $ wins out over carefully planned and constructed art in the end...it always does. Unless Maynard has had vocal surgery and can actually sing like he could in the 90s again...i will always disagree with this tour.

TooL is slowly becomming watered down and it just pisses me off. From them showing their faces on the 10kdays CD to them doing every single dumb ass interview they can get in any retarded metal magazine, to Maynard doing "Puscifer" and showing us that he is hands down the weakest link in tool, to maynard wearing cowboy hats and boots with tight jeans and no shirt on stage trying to look "sexy", to maynard exploiting his celebrity status to sell his wine instead of letting his wine sell its self because it is a good product. If you told me all of this was going to happen in the 90s i wouldnt have believed you for a second.

Its all so god damn [slur removed]. I want my demon maynard back...not this wine selling "rapper" who sings some of the time in the best band on the planet.

all i have to say to that is a big fat AMEN.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:29 AM   #91
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

"all i have to say is you're a big fat idiot for bumping this thread and agreeing with the terribly thought out post using a stupid cliche."

Do you think Elton is alone here? Nope. I'm one who agrees with him and I'm sure there are thousands more like us. Does that mean we're right? Nope. We're simply stating our opinion. You have your opinion which is polar opposite of ours. We simply do not understand how you can keep shelling out your hard earned money to a guy who oviously hates you and disrespects you enough to do a couple concerts, with NO change in the set list, and basically phone in his performance. If this appeals to you fine. I think it's an insult. AND I think it's an insult to disrespect someone, ANYONE, whose opinion differs from your own.

Get over yourselves.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:22 PM   #92
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezcatlipoca View Post
"All you know about me is what I've sold you,
Dumb fuck.
I sold out long before you ever heard my name.

I sold my soul to make a record,
Dip shit,
And you bought one.

All you read and
Wear or see and
Hear on TV
Is a product
Begging for your
Fatass dirty
Dollar

So...Shut up and

Buy my new record
Send more money
Fuck you, buddy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "
^ This.

newb.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:35 PM   #93
Level 7 - Loquacious

Location: in the quaalude induced semi-lucid dreams of the mexican staring frog of sri lanka
Bincount™: 80

i personally saw relatively the same show 4 times from 07 to 09 and i for one am not disappointed whatsoever. They have honed their skill to a fine art. 3 times in 07, albeit a different show, one with right in two with aenema encore, one with flood and one with pushit, everything else the same, but no hate here. I knew what i was getting into. In 09 i saw the "new" rosetta stoned and it was sick. People, listen, they are a band that has done their experimentation llive many times over and has found what works. I dont mind seeing pretty much the same thing several times over, and if i get the same exact show next time i will be pleased because to me, it sounds, looks, and feels great. Dont expect '98 all over again, not gonna happen.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:20 PM   #94
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irisu View Post
I agree, it's insulting to insult someone with a different opinion then me. I'm an arrogant dumbfuck. Oh wait, you just did the same fucking thing..
Obviously, you're a lot smarter than I am so, if you don't mind, could you show me exactly where I insulted you?

TIA
Old 12-08-2009, 01:24 PM   #95

Bincount™: 391

hey wheres inner_eulogy
Old 12-08-2009, 09:06 PM   #96
Level 1 - Lurker

Tool album Spring 2011 just heard the other day. Check around it's no bull shit.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:30 PM   #97
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepp2se7en View Post
Tool album Spring 2011 just heard the other day. Check around it's no bull shit.
Without a decent link, this is a worthless post.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:07 PM   #98
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45

or we can pretend this is an Italian court.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:10 AM   #99
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

All I know is that light show is fucking sweet, totally worth it.
Second, lets hear some "obscure" Tool... Maynard was griping about having to get up on stage and sing about fisting, child abuse, and what not... So sing about about your third eye, or grudges, or abstract religious diatribes, or hell just hum me a nice parabol..... I mean, you don't have to sing all your popular songs...
Old 05-03-2010, 02:16 PM   #100
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

OP is dumb.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:16 PM   #101
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

p.s. anyone know if thats ALL the dates or will there be more released?
Old 05-03-2010, 11:29 PM   #102
Level 2 - Poster

I agree with the OP for the most part. Maynard has shown to me as well that he is the weakest part of Tool. I used to think it was Adam, cause while he is very creative, he's not to his instrument what Danny and Justin are to theirs (especially Danny) or (on past albums) what Maynard was to lyrics and vocal performance.
I saw Tool twice during the 10k tour. The only reason I went the second time was because I heard they were throwing in Pushit every other tour, and the one I was going to would have been one of the "others" (the other dates had Right in Two and I didn't wanna hear that shit). Unfortunately no Pushit, but fortunately we got Flood instead. Otherwise the show was somewhat disappointing because it was the same exact show I spent good money to see last time (even if Lateralus played with lasers= orgasm). I don't want nor do I deserve to have Maynard be angry all the time, or go back to drugs to write lyrics. I just want him to be inspired. The only inspiring lyric on 10K was what? Wings for Marie? It just sucked to see him go from dark lyrics like Intolerance, haunting lyrics like H., and thought provoking lyrics like The Grudge to The Pot, Right in Two, and Rosetta Stoned. And to not have him even sing all the great parts in the song is just disheartening. And I don't want to hear the shit of "well he's 40+ now", and "none of his contemporaries can sing or play anymore" because that's crap. The Melvins still do it. Neurosis still does it. Josh Homme isn't in Kyuss but he still sings rather well. It's pretty much that Maynard doesn't give a shit anymore. He'd rather do the wine thing, and do Puscifer. It's great that he's happy, but it's these reasons why I'm so angry at him. 10K was some of the best music the band has put out (minus Adam's solo in Jambi), but IMO the lyrics were terrible. And I wouldn't be surprised if on this next album if Maynard used his keyboard more and incorporate the things he does in Puscifer into Tool. I'd go so far as to say I wouldn't be surprised if he even modulated his voice using computers or a vocoder similarly to what Paul Masvidal did in Cynic, which sounds cool but would ultimately be nothing more then a cheap out for him so he didn't have to put any more effort into the live performances.

Where I disagree is that mini-tours = greed. And maybe it does, but there's nothing ever wrong with a band touring. That they used the same set list was lame, but beyond that I have no reason to be upset that the went on tour. I guess we'll see what the sets are like for the next tour coming up.

And all of what I said is my opinion, I know that. I know there's people that loved 10K and that's great. My points are based on the fact that I didn't when I compared the album to their other work. I would rather listen to Opiate over and over for the running time of 10K then listen to 10K once. But they are still my favorite band, and that's the reason I feel so passionate about wanting them to be what they were to me all these years. Sorry for the long post, but I only post like once every 2 years.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:13 AM   #103
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by usefulidiot227f View Post
(the other dates had Right in Two and I didn't wanna hear that shit).

The only inspiring lyric on 10K was what? Wings for Marie? It just sucked to see him go from dark lyrics like Intolerance, haunting lyrics like H., and thought provoking lyrics like The Grudge to The Pot, Right in Two, and Rosetta Stoned. And to not have him even sing all the great parts in the song is just disheartening.
I stopped taking you seriously after this.

How on earth anybody can say something like this is beyond me. Right in Two being compared to The Pot and Rosetta in terms of thought provoking lyrics? WTF?

Right in Two is among my favourite Tool songs of all time. Sorry if you didn't want to hear "that shit" with your $65 ticket price.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:11 AM   #104
Level 7 - Loquacious

Maybe they feel like fucking touring? Maybe you shouldn't go to a show if you don't agree with the tour? Maybe you should all fuck off and stop crying.

I swear some people on this forum whine and pout about some of the craziest shit.
NOW RESPOND TO THIS!
Old 05-04-2010, 10:07 AM   #105
Level 3 - Talker

Where is the presale for the Houston show going to be? Ticketmaster, Livenation site?
Old 05-04-2010, 12:56 PM   #106
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanaduh View Post
I stopped taking you seriously after this.

How on earth anybody can say something like this is beyond me. Right in Two being compared to The Pot and Rosetta in terms of thought provoking lyrics? WTF?

Right in Two is among my favourite Tool songs of all time. Sorry if you didn't want to hear "that shit" with your $65 ticket price.
Sorry, it just didn't do it for me. I would have expected a song like that maybe on APC's last album (which in my opinion was pretty bad save for a few tracks), minus the music because musically I think it's pretty good. The solo by Carey is very different and refreshing in that it's still not THE solo that we all want to hear from him but it showcases how creative he is.
Just lyrically. I mean singing about "angels on the sideline" wondering about why we monkeys are wasting God's gifts isn't something I expect to hear from a man who used to mock God.

And it's not just about being thought provoking. It's just that it's so clean cut.
You can pretty much break all Tool songs into 2 categories: Blatant FU's to specific people (eg Hooker w/a Penis, Ticks and Leeches, Hush, Jerk Off, etc.), and songs with some type of cryptic message whether it be talking about things most people don't know about (forty-six&2, The Grudge), or using innuendo or metaphors (stinkfist, H., Undertow, etc.). I guess there's segues too haha. Right in Two was just about people fighting instead of loving. And it sort of injected religion into a band that used to openly reject it. Yes he broke the mold, but he did so by being less inspiring.

All I'm saying is the songs on 10K failed to inspire me like their other albums did, and I blame that on Maynard seemingly not being inspired himself. I feel like that translated into their performances where he largely just phoned it in. And I was not as happy the 2nd time I saw them because of this.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:08 PM   #107
Level 7 - Loquacious

Holy Jesus.

Right in Two ISN'T about religion. Go read more books.

"God" doesn't = "Religion"

That's a start. You finish.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:25 PM   #108
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26

I have to agree with that. I think Maynard's never strayed from the eloquent use of metaphors. Wings I and II could be looked at as a metaphor for someone staying true to what they believe in and in turn receiving their just rewards, whatever their belief may be.

To disregard god, spirituality, and sometimes even religion completely in a literary sense can be quite limiting. It is after all, such a familiar thing to base analogies and anecdotal stories off of, and one doesn't have to believe in the stories to at least provide context.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:24 AM   #109
Level 2 - Poster

I think someone on the first page nailed it when s/he asserted Elton here is creating an idealized fiction of what he thinks tool is and should be. I haven't really noticed this selling out, and in fact I am really stoked on how they haven't. They are one of the most successful bands EVER and they've very much remained who they are. They could have Tool cereal and action figures and decoder rings and still be awesome, but they don't.

And if your evidence is that they kinda sorta showed themselves on the 10,000 Days album, then .... well, that is freakin' stupid. Someone said it already, but ever see the Hush video. And OMG you also saw them in Sober.

Oh well, chill brother! \m/
Old 05-10-2010, 08:13 PM   #110
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

most supposed fans will cry when i say this..but i hope the next album has songs that sound like wings I and II, The Pot, Jambi, and Right in Two. I love Undertow and all of Tool's albums but how can you not love 10000 days. Tool is growing up and evolving. where they once were full of hatred, guilt and anger, they are filling the gap with compassion, strength, and fidelity to themselves. Tool is growing up. you should too.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:24 PM   #111
Level 7 - Loquacious

I love the whole 10k days album. The way the music takes you somewhere and just changes speeding up slowing down its like a fucking rollercoaster how can you not enjoy it.
08/30/06 Englewood,CO Coors Ampitheater, 05/08/2007 Albuquerque,NM Tingley Coliseum, 11/19/2007 Tulsa,OK Tulsa Convention Center,07/18/09 Denver,CO MileHighMusicFestival, 06/23/10 Oklahoma City,OK Ford Center, 06/28/10 Morrison,CO Red Rocks, 01/20/12 Grand Prairie,TX Verizon Theater, 01/21/12 Grand Prairie, TX Verizon Theater, 01/16/2016 Tulsa, OK BOK Center, 10/26/2016 Denver, CO Pepsi Center, 10/28/2016 Little Rock,AR Verizon Arena, 05/13/2019 St. Louis, MO Enterprise Arena, 05/14/2019 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center, 10/29/2019 BOK Center Tulsa,OK, 01/30/2022 Tulsa, OK BOK Center, 10/03/23 Loveland, CO Budweiser Event Center
Old 05-11-2010, 01:10 AM   #112
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles View Post
The community is divided right in two?
I see what you did thar.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:31 PM   #113
Level 1 - Lurker

Wow .. It seems that a few people in this thread have completely missed one of the main messages that this band encourages.. evolution.

Lateralareallofus kinda hit it on the head.. they've grown, lived, and evolved.

Though I have completely lost count of how many shows I've seen since my first was in 1994 and the novelty of keeping track wore off at the turn of the century, I am appreciative that they still tour, play the songs they do, put thought into their art and don't just slam out an album like all the other crap that pawns itself off as music these days. If you don't get the direction that the music may be heading.. you're just not ready yet.

So by all means, please don't waste your 65 bucks on experiencing the same songs live again. Your true fan presence may be missed, however your not being there may allow some newbies to experience the feeling of a Tool show. I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

It's sad that some fans just aren't happy unless their favorite band is living the cliched, tortured rock star life...
Old 05-11-2010, 11:51 PM   #114
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by cain313 View Post
Wow .. It seems that a few people in this thread have completely missed one of the main messages that this band encourages.. evolution.

Though I have completely lost count of how many shows I've seen since my first was in 1994 and the novelty of keeping track wore off at the turn of the century, I am appreciative that they still tour, play the songs they do, put thought into their art and don't just slam out an album like all the other crap that pawns itself off as music these days. If you don't get the direction that the music may be heading.. you're just not ready yet.

So by all means, please don't waste your 65 bucks on experiencing the same songs live again. Your true fan presence may be missed, however your not being there may allow some newbies to experience the feeling of a Tool show. I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

It's sad that some fans just aren't happy unless their favorite band is living the cliched, tortured rock star life...
great post.

i wrote out a few paragraphs but deleted them. TOOL owns, no matter what. that was gonna be my point.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:54 AM   #115
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by cain313 View Post

IS one of the main messages that Tool encourages "evolution"? I think I know what you mean but in this context I'd want some clarification. It would be absurd to say that the band encourages ppl to "evolve" thats kind of impossible and highly condescending from their standpoint. I don't think Tool ever asks anything from us fans except for our $$$. That may sound pessimistic but it really isnt.

Artistically though I think you have a point. It seems that the band is dedicated to challenging themselves and pushing the envelope from album to album. I think thats exactly why ppl are expecting so much from them this time around. A lot of people already have a vision (albiet an unwarrented one) of what the next "step" in the bands evolution will be.

As far as live shows are concerned, you have to think that changing up the line-up a bit, maybe experimenting with some new tunes would be something the band might be willing to do. I think anybody that EXPECTS that is in the wrong, however its perfectly fine to speculate and hope.

10,000 Days as an album was great, but dissapointed some folks around here. The subsequent tours were also great insofar as the band playing on stage was Tool. The type-cast playlist got old to some people and I think that is to be expected.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:28 AM   #116
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

Just gonna jump in here real quick on the OP...

Quote:
TooL is slowly becomming watered down and it just pisses me off. From them showing their faces on the 10kdays CD to...
Don't forget the video for Hush, and the opening to the Sober video. The linear notes for Undertow and Aenima showed pictures of the band, I believe Salival as well... Tool showed their faces plenty even when they were starting out. They did lots of interviews too, not many that were aired in the US... but they did them. And now with the advent of YouTube and the internet in general, all of those are now available to anyone.

But as far as this tour is concerned..... meh. I'd say we really have no reason to cast judgement on the band for this move (ill get flamed for this, im sure). Perhaps there are multiple reasons why they chose to do another tour. Perhaps they decided they'd be "nice" and would do a short 4 week tour and hit some cities that didn't get a close show last summer (although, I have to be honest and ask, Why not a euro or aussie tour?? They're farther...). Perhaps with the economy the way it's been, maybe ALL the members of the band could use a little bit of cash to keep their own projects afloat. Maybe in addition to that, they could use some money to pay for costs of recording the next record, or even purchasing new items/instruments that they wish to use in WRITING the next record. (many have suggested this). Maybe they wish to write on the road as well. Maybe they DO have something new in store for this tour... maybe a new cover. Maybe they have secretly been preparing some pro-shot video from last summers tour and plan to do it with this tour as well to go toward a Live DVD.

My point is, there could be a whole host of reasons why the band (as a WHOLE, mind you) decided to tour this summer outside of "Maynard needs more money for his wine" or "They are just sticking it to us", and it's pretty easy for even the moderately devoted fan to get fed up and impatient with a group that as ALWAYS described themselves has "selfish". It's always been about what the 4 of them want to do, and what they feel is right.

Last edited by elusivEuphoria; 05-12-2010 at 10:31 AM..
Old 05-12-2010, 11:35 AM   #117
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post
My point is, there could be a whole host of reasons why the band (as a WHOLE, mind you) decided to tour this summer outside of "Maynard needs more money for his wine" or "They are just sticking it to us", and it's pretty easy for even the moderately devoted fan to get fed up and impatient with a group that as ALWAYS described themselves has "selfish". It's always been about what the 4 of them want to do, and what they feel is right.
Good point. Speculating as to why the band is touring will only lead us to tail-chasing at this point. Still though, if you think about it the decision to tour this summer is really suprising and I am definitely interested to see how it will play out.

I have to doubt that the band is struggling that much financially though - certainly not enough that they need to raise money to buy instruments or fund their next recording process. That is the kind of stuff that small, up-and-coming groups have to go through. Tool puts out products that can sell in just about any economy. I would bet that they are all doing fine.

Some bands don't even like touring that much - particularly those groups who are more focused on the creative/recording part of the music rather than the performance aspect. I don't know where Tool stands on this issue - but I just feel that we can rule out that the band just wanted to be "nice" and do us a favor by touring in the US.

I'm in agreement with the folks who are saying we - as fans - should just take it for what it is. Still, as futile as it is, its fun to speculate about this kind of thing. My guess is the band is touring in order to warm up and will begin writing the next album sometime in September. I highly doubt we will hear a single new song - if any even exist at this time - but I would be shocked if the playlist was the same.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:52 AM   #118
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

Quote:
Originally Posted by InertUniformity View Post
I have to doubt that the band is struggling that much financially though - certainly not enough that they need to raise money to buy instruments or fund their next recording process. That is the kind of stuff that small, up-and-coming groups have to go through. Tool puts out products that can sell in just about any economy. I would bet that they are all doing fine.
I'm sure they are doing fine too... but Adam's tenancy to try to get his hands on rare, one-of-a-kind effects units, and Danny's supposed trips to rain forests to collect sound samples for his mandala pads, his new giant gong... there was also a picture of him a WHILE back playing a DC stick... those types of things don't come cheap. I'm sure they are doing fine, but I wouldn't doubt that their musical indulgences are pricey and they might be planning to indulge further on this album.

Again, all I'm really saying is... "Who knows? We'll see." sorta thing.

:-/
Old 05-12-2010, 12:00 PM   #119
homer jay

Bincount™: 4656

im hoping they try a little new material, or even bring back new renditions of older songs. i think its a warm up for their new album.

be happy, atleast you can see them if you choose to do so. one day you will never get to see them play again.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:02 PM   #120
Level 8 - Vociferous

Good point slamminsalmon.

One day in our lifetime Tool will play their last show ever. For some reason I don't really consider that. It makes you appreciate just hearing them play. There aren't very many rock bands from that era left that can fill arenas. Also there arent many bands that push the envelope like Tool but still put out great, generally accessable music. You have to think the band is closer to the end at this point. I just got sad.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: