Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
AcidRain's Avatar AcidRain
02-20-2008, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles View Post
No way, Lateralus is a mechanical animal. In the emotional aspect it loses against all other Tool albums.

I just happen to like 10,000 Days most musically, emotional, lyrical, etc. Ænima could have been better without Third Eye and Hooker with a Penis. Lateralus needed more emotions.
Are you serious, no third eye? That is an awesome song! I couldn’t imagine the album without it. And I thought you where Unreasonably Reasonable.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:55 AM   #41
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 14
Re: TOOL To Start Writing New Album 'Right Away'

Quote:
No way, Lateralus is a mechanical animal. In the emotional aspect it loses against all other Tool albums.

I just happen to like 10,000 Days most musically, emotional, lyrical, etc. Ænima could have been better without Third Eye and Hooker with a Penis. Lateralus needed more emotions.
Are you serious, no third eye? That is an awesome song! I couldn’t imagine the album without it. And I thought you where Unreasonably Reasonable.
R.F.'s Avatar R.F.
02-20-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel on the Sideline View Post
I just can't understand all the knocks on 10,000 Days. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect the point of view that the album was a letdown, but I can't see it that way myself. I will admit the first 2-3 times I heard the album I was let down quite a bit. But the more I listened to it the more I realized how great it was. I had the same experience with Lateralus coming after Aenima. I didn't like it at first, then came to realize that it was in fact a masterpiece. Sometimes, Tool's music is so far ahead of us that it takes us a while to catch up.

I'm not saying those who don't like the album can't comprehend it's greatness. Either you like it or you don't. But, for me, I love it after I caught up to it.

I do agree with a lot of the posters who speculate Tool may not put out many more albums. I'd love to see them go forever, but we all know things eventually end. Hopefully Tool won't end any time soon, but they are in their 40s and have other interests. I don't see them making music another 15 years.
I agree with you, but I felt different about Lateralus. I started out with my first Tool album as Lateralus. I felt it was too complex for me to listen to. After a few listens, I was amazed at how systematic and detailed the music was. I then went after 10,000 Days, which was a great follow up for me. I knew what Lateralus was like and felt 10,000 Days was a transition and a little progression from their last effort. I then went after Aenima, then Undertow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel on the Sideline
By the way, thanks for the link. I'm surprised Maynard would talk to MTV these days, but I'm thrilled with the reported news. It jives with what Justin said in another interview I read a while back.
No problem. Thought it would cause a lot of chaos if I didn't put it the link up.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:24 AM   #42
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel on the Sideline View Post
I just can't understand all the knocks on 10,000 Days. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect the point of view that the album was a letdown, but I can't see it that way myself. I will admit the first 2-3 times I heard the album I was let down quite a bit. But the more I listened to it the more I realized how great it was. I had the same experience with Lateralus coming after Aenima. I didn't like it at first, then came to realize that it was in fact a masterpiece. Sometimes, Tool's music is so far ahead of us that it takes us a while to catch up.

I'm not saying those who don't like the album can't comprehend it's greatness. Either you like it or you don't. But, for me, I love it after I caught up to it.

I do agree with a lot of the posters who speculate Tool may not put out many more albums. I'd love to see them go forever, but we all know things eventually end. Hopefully Tool won't end any time soon, but they are in their 40s and have other interests. I don't see them making music another 15 years.
I agree with you, but I felt different about Lateralus. I started out with my first Tool album as Lateralus. I felt it was too complex for me to listen to. After a few listens, I was amazed at how systematic and detailed the music was. I then went after 10,000 Days, which was a great follow up for me. I knew what Lateralus was like and felt 10,000 Days was a transition and a little progression from their last effort. I then went after Aenima, then Undertow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel on the Sideline
By the way, thanks for the link. I'm surprised Maynard would talk to MTV these days, but I'm thrilled with the reported news. It jives with what Justin said in another interview I read a while back.
No problem. Thought it would cause a lot of chaos if I didn't put it the link up.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
phylleb
02-20-2008, 10:26 AM

come on. you should know better than this. maynard is talking about the decoy album. maynard could say the world would end tomorrow and you would all believe it. i know maynard better than this, being at the grammy's and discussing a new tool album is a tongue in cheak jab at the whole pony show that is the grammy's. keep on hoping, but i would be so sad if they produced an album before 2010. they have said time and time and time again, that they need their space and alone time to bring experiences to the music. anyone wishing for a quick album will be sorely disappointed. i love maynard's sense of humor and the gulibility of fans.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:26 AM   #43

Bincount™: 1

come on. you should know better than this. maynard is talking about the decoy album. maynard could say the world would end tomorrow and you would all believe it. i know maynard better than this, being at the grammy's and discussing a new tool album is a tongue in cheak jab at the whole pony show that is the grammy's. keep on hoping, but i would be so sad if they produced an album before 2010. they have said time and time and time again, that they need their space and alone time to bring experiences to the music. anyone wishing for a quick album will be sorely disappointed. i love maynard's sense of humor and the gulibility of fans.
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
02-20-2008, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phylleb View Post
I disagree with this. It could go either way and I don't think it was a jab by Maynard. Truth is, they are getting older and they have 1 album left in their contract. I wouldn't be surprised if they all wanted to try and start a little earlier this time around. Touring just gets exhausting after awhile and I'm sure they don't all want to still be touring at age 50.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:32 AM   #44
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
I disagree with this. It could go either way and I don't think it was a jab by Maynard. Truth is, they are getting older and they have 1 album left in their contract. I wouldn't be surprised if they all wanted to try and start a little earlier this time around. Touring just gets exhausting after awhile and I'm sure they don't all want to still be touring at age 50.
02-20-2008, 11:12 AM

For me Lateralus was a masterpiece at the first linstening, it's good and bad in a way. It was not the same with 10 000 days, that's all the difference for me. It surprised me, which is also good, and bad ;)

But 10 000 Days is growing on me and it's a really great feeling!! I'm still listening to it feeling "what's happening?" :)
Old 02-20-2008, 11:12 AM   #45
Level 3 - Talker

For me Lateralus was a masterpiece at the first linstening, it's good and bad in a way. It was not the same with 10 000 days, that's all the difference for me. It surprised me, which is also good, and bad ;)

But 10 000 Days is growing on me and it's a really great feeling!! I'm still listening to it feeling "what's happening?" :)
AcidRain's Avatar AcidRain
02-20-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
haha

yes, very serious.
I'm sorry I can’t let this go, maybe my minds to narrow. To me what your saying is like me saying Dark Side of the Moon shouldn’t have Brian Damage on it or Zeppelin four shouldn’t have Going to California.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:43 AM   #46

Bincount™: 14

Quote:
haha

yes, very serious.
I'm sorry I can’t let this go, maybe my minds to narrow. To me what your saying is like me saying Dark Side of the Moon shouldn’t have Brian Damage on it or Zeppelin four shouldn’t have Going to California.
Schema's Avatar Schema
02-20-2008, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidRain View Post
Or like saying that A Farewell to Kings shouldn't have Xanadu, or that Pawn Hearts shouldn't have Lemmings, or that THRAK shouldn't have VROOOM and the coda, etc.?

I can agree with you on the first; I personally consider "Going to California" to be a pleasant break but rather nonessential.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:24 PM   #47
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidRain View Post
Or like saying that A Farewell to Kings shouldn't have Xanadu, or that Pawn Hearts shouldn't have Lemmings, or that THRAK shouldn't have VROOOM and the coda, etc.?

I can agree with you on the first; I personally consider "Going to California" to be a pleasant break but rather nonessential.
02-20-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
I agree with you. Maynard is done with his game and antics. He wants to get serious. He probably doesn't want a year or two to be away from the band. He wants to continue on the roll their on, so to speak, and start working on another record, if that's what he's mentioning in the article. I assume it's going to be another LP, but we never know.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:14 PM   #48
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
I agree with you. Maynard is done with his game and antics. He wants to get serious. He probably doesn't want a year or two to be away from the band. He wants to continue on the roll their on, so to speak, and start working on another record, if that's what he's mentioning in the article. I assume it's going to be another LP, but we never know.
A Tad Bit Catatonic's Avatar A Tad Bit Catatonic
02-20-2008, 03:20 PM

Just wanted to touch on a couple topics that have come up.

First, I think Third Eye IS essential to the album, personally.
Third Eye is another great and successful experiment by the band, in my eyes. Rhythmically it seems to illustrate the emotion that can be conveyed by the silence in between the notes (as any type of music can illustrate, but ESPECIALLY classical has), and is also a precursor and segue to Lateralus. The lyrics sort of serve to introduce you to the 72 minute prolonged "spiritual" (so cliche I know) and more objective sonic acid trip that Lateralus is going to be. Also some of Adam's best guitar work to date. (I've been playing guitar for 16 years, and my experience dictates the song has some incredibly original ideas and guitar work, especially the haunting ambient and just plain strange augmented chords, diads and triads he is coming up with - extremely original, and it is tough to come up with riffs that weird that still hold their structure together for so long). So at least technically, it is great.

Or like saying Electric Ladyland shouldn't have "And the Gods Made Love"

Second, I am pretty sure this is real. Maynard is self actualized now, and doesn't have AS MUCH reason to dick everyone around with jabs and false promises of recording, what has now turned out to be, his life's work and legacy to his children (the vineyard and its success is largely a direct product of the band, etc.). Not to get so heavy, as I know he will always have this tendency to dick us around (and we would never want him to lose that anyway). But it has earned him a great living (of course we know money is not what it's ALL about, but that is an inseperable part of it), despite problems with the record industry as of late. Plus - they are feeling that sense of urgency because the record industry is doing what it's doing, and there's no guarantee they can continue to "reap the rewards" they have been. Anyway, I think he (and the rest of the band) have finally realized this is their baby (instead of all the relatively mediocre side projects), and it's starting to grow up - pretty soon it (or one of them) could be gone. And like any of their songs or albums dictate, the ending is going to have to be particularly special and "just right" (therefore probably requiring more time, and work). I think they finally got it about how incredibly lucrative (both artistically, and financially - therefore it is win/win) this project has been and has the potential to be. They have earned complete freedom to do what ever the hell they want in this world from their music... could you even possibly imagine that? Album after album, dvd after dvd going platinum, of this beautiful stuff that is as real as it comes - they poured their hearts and souls into doing what they love to do, no compromises. I think they can stand back and say for sure it's the real thing, and they'd better get back to it ASAP, while it's still there. That's my take on it, and I see a few of you guys were already heading this way.

Last edited by A Tad Bit Catatonic; 02-20-2008 at 03:28 PM..
Old 02-20-2008, 03:20 PM   #49
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 61

Third Eye is another great and successful experiment by the band, in my eyes. Rhythmically it seems to illustrate the emotion that can be conveyed by the silence in between the notes (as any type of music can illustrate, but ESPECIALLY classical has), and is also a precursor and segue to Lateralus. The lyrics sort of serve to introduce you to the 72 minute prolonged "spiritual" (so cliche I know) and more objective sonic acid trip that Lateralus is going to be. Also some of Adam's best guitar work to date. (I've been playing guitar for 16 years, and my experience dictates the song has some incredibly original ideas and guitar work, especially the haunting ambient and just plain strange augmented chords, diads and triads he is coming up with - extremely original, and it is tough to come up with riffs that weird that still hold their structure together for so long). So at least technically, it is great.

Second, I am pretty sure this is real. Maynard is self actualized now, and doesn't have AS MUCH reason to dick everyone around with jabs and false promises of recording, what has now turned out to be, his life's work and legacy to his children (the vineyard and its success is largely a direct product of the band, etc.). Not to get so heavy, as I know he will always have this tendency to dick us around (and we would never want him to lose that anyway). But it has earned him a great living (of course we know money is not what it's ALL about, but that is an inseperable part of it), despite problems with the record industry as of late. Plus - they are feeling that sense of urgency because the record industry is doing what it's doing, and there's no guarantee they can continue to "reap the rewards" they have been. Anyway, I think he (and the rest of the band) have finally realized this is their baby (instead of all the relatively mediocre side projects), and it's starting to grow up - pretty soon it (or one of them) could be gone. And like any of their songs or albums dictate, the ending is going to have to be particularly special and "just right" (therefore probably requiring more time, and work). I think they finally got it about how incredibly lucrative (both artistically, and financially - therefore it is win/win) this project has been and has the potential to be. They have earned complete freedom to do what ever the hell they want in this world from their music... could you even possibly imagine that? Album after album, dvd after dvd going platinum, of this beautiful stuff that is as real as it comes - they poured their hearts and souls into doing what they love to do, no compromises. I think they can stand back and say for sure it's the real thing, and they'd better get back to it ASAP, while it's still there. That's my take on it, and I see a few of you guys were already heading this way.

Last edited by A Tad Bit Catatonic; 02-20-2008 at 03:28 PM..
ArizonaBay's Avatar ArizonaBay
02-20-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
come on. you should know better than this. maynard is talking about the decoy album. maynard could say the world would end tomorrow and you would all believe it. i know maynard better than this, being at the grammy's and discussing a new tool album is a tongue in cheak jab at the whole pony show that is the grammy's. keep on hoping, but i would be so sad if they produced an album before 2010. they have said time and time and time again, that they need their space and alone time to bring experiences to the music. anyone wishing for a quick album will be sorely disappointed. i love maynard's sense of humor and the gullibility of fans.
Oh no its starting again. Cue the mass hysteria. Take a deep breath and repeat "Its not a fake, its not a fake....."

Seriously though, this kind of news always sends me a little nuts. I'm gonna be on this site every free moment clawing for information from now on.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:39 PM   #50
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 11

Quote:
come on. you should know better than this. maynard is talking about the decoy album. maynard could say the world would end tomorrow and you would all believe it. i know maynard better than this, being at the grammy's and discussing a new tool album is a tongue in cheak jab at the whole pony show that is the grammy's. keep on hoping, but i would be so sad if they produced an album before 2010. they have said time and time and time again, that they need their space and alone time to bring experiences to the music. anyone wishing for a quick album will be sorely disappointed. i love maynard's sense of humor and the gullibility of fans.
Oh no its starting again. Cue the mass hysteria. Take a deep breath and repeat "Its not a fake, its not a fake....."

Seriously though, this kind of news always sends me a little nuts. I'm gonna be on this site every free moment clawing for information from now on.
TJP's Avatar TJP
02-20-2008, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Third Eye: the 'Prying Open My Third Eye' screams are the worst thing Tool has ever done in a song.
That's me, if you like it, cool. I even skipped the Salival version after 3 minutes last time I listened.
WHAT!??!???!??
but its so raw and intense and amazing and hypnotizing and fuck you!
Old 02-20-2008, 08:49 PM   #51
TJP

Quote:
Third Eye: the 'Prying Open My Third Eye' screams are the worst thing Tool has ever done in a song.
That's me, if you like it, cool. I even skipped the Salival version after 3 minutes last time I listened.
WHAT!??!???!??
but its so raw and intense and amazing and hypnotizing and fuck you!
donhumberto
02-21-2008, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Tad Bit Catatonic View Post

Best post I've read here in a good long while. It's refreshing to see there are still actual Tool fans in this forum after reading so much Tool-bashing shit in the socialize section...
Old 02-21-2008, 01:59 AM   #52

Bincount™: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Tad Bit Catatonic View Post

Best post I've read here in a good long while. It's refreshing to see there are still actual Tool fans in this forum after reading so much Tool-bashing shit in the socialize section...
Anaon's Avatar Anaon
02-21-2008, 04:53 AM

A newbie question but what is the socialize section?
Old 02-21-2008, 04:53 AM   #53
Level 3 - Talker

Schema's Avatar Schema
02-21-2008, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaon View Post
That would be Interact, which you gain access to in about a month. There was a thread about it somewheres, but I don't know where's it gone to.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:01 AM   #54
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
That would be Interact, which you gain access to in about a month. There was a thread about it somewheres, but I don't know where's it gone to.
02-21-2008, 05:09 AM

Quote:
*sigh*

http://toolnavy.com/announcement.php?f=79
Old 02-21-2008, 05:09 AM   #55
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635

Quote:
*sigh*

http://toolnavy.com/announcement.php?f=79
02-21-2008, 08:27 AM

Oh yes it's that... Thank you ;) sorry for the off topic!
Old 02-21-2008, 08:27 AM   #56
Level 3 - Talker

Oh yes it's that... Thank you ;) sorry for the off topic!
02-21-2008, 08:53 AM

Quote:

On the new album:
It is gonna be good, the theme will delve into Intension/Right in Two.

Nice posts atbc.
It should be noted that I edited out the part where I said, "if one song on the album could go I could compromise and agree with McRoggles that Third Eye could be it". From a guitarists/musicians perspective I got to thinking about it, and how it's a segue to Lateralus, and at least in that respect it must be there. So I will amend it to something of the effect that it is the song that "least fits the album". But I can certainly respect personal tastes and opinions, and if he doesn't like it, he just doesn't like it. We all have songs like that that just grate on us for some reason, and this is his.

Anyway, thanks for the compliments guys - coming from this particular group, I really do respect and appreciate them.

Last edited by A Tad Bit Catatonic; 02-21-2008 at 12:37 PM..
Old 02-21-2008, 08:53 AM   #57
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

On the new album:
It is gonna be good, the theme will delve into Intension/Right in Two.

Nice posts atbc.
It should be noted that I edited out the part where I said, "if one song on the album could go I could compromise and agree with McRoggles that Third Eye could be it". From a guitarists/musicians perspective I got to thinking about it, and how it's a segue to Lateralus, and at least in that respect it must be there. So I will amend it to something of the effect that it is the song that "least fits the album". But I can certainly respect personal tastes and opinions, and if he doesn't like it, he just doesn't like it. We all have songs like that that just grate on us for some reason, and this is his.

Anyway, thanks for the compliments guys - coming from this particular group, I really do respect and appreciate them.

Last edited by A Tad Bit Catatonic; 02-21-2008 at 12:37 PM..
phylleb
02-21-2008, 09:39 AM

ignorance is bliss
Old 02-21-2008, 09:39 AM   #58

ignorance is bliss
withshock!'s Avatar withshock!
02-22-2008, 01:33 PM

all this talk about best album...

and yet no mention of Undertow?
Old 02-22-2008, 01:33 PM   #59
Level 2 - Poster

all this talk about best album...

and yet no mention of Undertow?
Kaoticz
02-22-2008, 02:05 PM

Maybe maynard and the guys will dose themselves with Maynards acid laced wine and write...

Epic.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:05 PM   #60
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

Maybe maynard and the guys will dose themselves with Maynards acid laced wine and write...

Epic.
02-23-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoticz View Post

Epic.
Um, yeah....maybe
Old 02-23-2008, 01:14 PM   #61
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoticz View Post

Epic.
Um, yeah....maybe
02-23-2008, 03:03 PM

this is awesome news
Old 02-23-2008, 03:03 PM   #62
Level 3 - Talker

this is awesome news
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
02-23-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelxiepeia View Post
this is awesome news
I hope this was a sarcastic statement.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:12 PM   #63
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelxiepeia View Post
this is awesome news
02-23-2008, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post
hope is a silly thing.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:31 PM   #64
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
hope is a silly thing.
Mooseifer's Avatar Mooseifer
02-24-2008, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donhumberto View Post
Someone call?
Old 02-24-2008, 12:58 AM   #65
the moose is loose

Bincount™: 7462

Quote:
Originally Posted by donhumberto View Post
Someone call?
02-24-2008, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by put_away_the_dagger View Post
the thread is : tool to start writing new album right away, he says its awesome news. why does that have to be sarcastic?
Whatever MJK was telling MTV, i don't take that very seriously. He's just fuckin' around, imo.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:34 AM   #66
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by put_away_the_dagger View Post
the thread is : tool to start writing new album right away, he says its awesome news. why does that have to be sarcastic?
Whatever MJK was telling MTV, i don't take that very seriously. He's just fuckin' around, imo.
02-25-2008, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Ænima could have been better without Third Eye and Hooker with a Penis. Lateralus needed more emotions.
I'm sure someone has already torn this to shreds but I'm just gonna throw in 2 cents here... My good sir, your statements/views on the matter presented above can only be considered as WRONG! I mean without third eye??? WITHOUT?????? are you nuts!! Thankyou.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:34 AM   #67
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Ænima could have been better without Third Eye and Hooker with a Penis. Lateralus needed more emotions.
I'm sure someone has already torn this to shreds but I'm just gonna throw in 2 cents here... My good sir, your statements/views on the matter presented above can only be considered as WRONG! I mean without third eye??? WITHOUT?????? are you nuts!! Thankyou.
phylleb
02-25-2008, 04:45 AM

Quote:
amen brother
Old 02-25-2008, 04:45 AM   #68

Quote:
amen brother
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
02-25-2008, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Why would he want to do that, you cynical rolo?
Not cynical, McRoggles.

MJK is known to fool around from time to time. Didn't he find Jesus a while back?
My point is that i don't buy it because he told it to the mediahype-channel MTV; what better way to get those fanboi's go crazy.

Sure i hope there's going to be another album out. But i don't jump the conclusion everytime a vague hint has been given out.

I'll wait for some more confirmed info.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:28 AM   #69
Jedi Master

Quote:
Why would he want to do that, you cynical rolo?
Not cynical, McRoggles.

MJK is known to fool around from time to time. Didn't he find Jesus a while back?
My point is that i don't buy it because he told it to the mediahype-channel MTV; what better way to get those fanboi's go crazy.

Sure i hope there's going to be another album out. But i don't jump the conclusion everytime a vague hint has been given out.

I'll wait for some more confirmed info.
02-25-2008, 09:17 AM

[QUOTE=R.F.;2384818]I agree with you, but I felt different about Lateralus. I started out with my first Tool album as Lateralus. I felt it was too complex for me to listen to. After a few listens, I was amazed at how systematic and detailed the music was. I then went after 10,000 Days, which was a great follow up for me. I knew what Lateralus was like and felt 10,000 Days was a transition and a little progression from their last effort. I then went after Aenima, then Undertow.

Man, I can totally understand this. I'm likely older than you (I'm 32), so I was exposed to TOOL in their early days. My first TOOL album was Undertow when I was 16 years old. I'd seen the Sober video on MTV (yes, there was a time when MTV actually played music videos and was worth watching) and the music rocked my world. Plus, the vid was unbelievable. I bought the album the next day and fell so hard for it. On a personal level, Undertow remains one of the most influential albums (on me) that I've ever owned. It's unreal how truthfully that album spoke to me in terms of emotions I was processing, etc.

At any rate, once I got into Undertow I found out about Opiate and promptly bought it. It, too, was great stuff and I've been hooked ever since. To me, Tool's music can't be topped.

Aenima came along and represented a shift from Undertow. Then came Lateralus and I just wasn't mature enought to recognize/appreciate its greatness until it had been out for three years. Sad. I was so hooked on Undertow and Aenima that I wasn't able to make that leap right away. But I finally grew into it.

I can't imagine if Lateralus had been my first exposure to TOOL. As you said, it's so complex that I wouldn't have been able to grasp it without the years of listening to the other albums as a foundation.

I hope you've been able to go back and discover the earlier work since you hopped on board with Lateralus.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:17 AM   #70
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

[QUOTE=R.F.;2384818]I agree with you, but I felt different about Lateralus. I started out with my first Tool album as Lateralus. I felt it was too complex for me to listen to. After a few listens, I was amazed at how systematic and detailed the music was. I then went after 10,000 Days, which was a great follow up for me. I knew what Lateralus was like and felt 10,000 Days was a transition and a little progression from their last effort. I then went after Aenima, then Undertow.

Man, I can totally understand this. I'm likely older than you (I'm 32), so I was exposed to TOOL in their early days. My first TOOL album was Undertow when I was 16 years old. I'd seen the Sober video on MTV (yes, there was a time when MTV actually played music videos and was worth watching) and the music rocked my world. Plus, the vid was unbelievable. I bought the album the next day and fell so hard for it. On a personal level, Undertow remains one of the most influential albums (on me) that I've ever owned. It's unreal how truthfully that album spoke to me in terms of emotions I was processing, etc.

At any rate, once I got into Undertow I found out about Opiate and promptly bought it. It, too, was great stuff and I've been hooked ever since. To me, Tool's music can't be topped.

Aenima came along and represented a shift from Undertow. Then came Lateralus and I just wasn't mature enought to recognize/appreciate its greatness until it had been out for three years. Sad. I was so hooked on Undertow and Aenima that I wasn't able to make that leap right away. But I finally grew into it.

I can't imagine if Lateralus had been my first exposure to TOOL. As you said, it's so complex that I wouldn't have been able to grasp it without the years of listening to the other albums as a foundation.

I hope you've been able to go back and discover the earlier work since you hopped on board with Lateralus.
TJP's Avatar TJP
02-25-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Wrong? And you say this in a forum of a band that encourages being open minded?

Forgot to pry your third eye open?

:)
oh is that your excuse for everything "open minded this open minded that"
how the fuck can you say aenima could have been better without hooker with a penis and THIRD EYE!
thats got to be one of tools best moments
and yeah i know what your gonna say "oh but its my opinion"
as a tool fan you are a disgrace FACT!
Old 02-25-2008, 11:24 AM   #71
TJP

Quote:
Wrong? And you say this in a forum of a band that encourages being open minded?

Forgot to pry your third eye open?

:)
oh is that your excuse for everything "open minded this open minded that"
how the fuck can you say aenima could have been better without hooker with a penis and THIRD EYE!
thats got to be one of tools best moments
and yeah i know what your gonna say "oh but its my opinion"
as a tool fan you are a disgrace FACT!
02-25-2008, 12:29 PM

[QUOTE=Angel on the Sideline;2391073]
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.F. View Post

I've had a similar experience and can attest to the validity of what you're saying.

Oddly enough, before Undertow came out I got introduced by some friends to Green Jello (as they called it back then), and there was just something about it that really caught my attention. So I bought the album (Cereal Killers), and I liked it. Come to find out later, Danny and Maynard were cutting their teeth here. Not that it in anyway represents what Tool would become, but I always found it curious how I picked it out from the get go. I lived pretty close to L.A. then, so this group and Tool later emerged pretty rapidly in that area. I mean I live in Virginia now, and believe it or not, even though Tool are an Internationally platinum selling band at this point, you wouldn't believe how many people (who are in to rock, alternative, metal, etc.) still haven't been exposed to them here. They hardly get any radio play here (I know they hardly get any anyway, but it's much less here still) - it is a joke.

I used to watch "Hedbangers Ball" way back when. I was 15 (28 now) when Undertow came out, and they were constantly introducing Tool and "Sober" as "the next big thing" before the album was even released. And I got hooked on the damn song and video combo. So I actually went to the store the day the album (Undertow) came out and bought it. I remember that day after going to the record store and having a freshly wrapped Undertow in my hands, getting home and marvelling at the absurdly strange and horrific images presented in the album booklet, and something gravitating me towards the twisted rib cage on the cover. My mother and I were always very heavily in to art and music, so the artistic videos coming along with the music really opened me to them. I remember saying, "you gotta see and hear this stuff mom" (she was pretty open minded when it came to music and art) - but she was turned off complaining it was "too droning for her tastes". That is a good memory for me. I wore that copy of Undertow out.

I can tend to (and admit that I do tend to) be pretensious, and think that I have great taste in music and everything else. So I later considered myself to have "outgrown" my Headbangers Ball days. Plus, so much of the music from those days (and music period), is a "one hit wonder" type of thing. So I honestly lost touch with what the band was doing, and didn't expect them to go on to do very much. [Edit: This may make me sound elitist - I am not that, and I fully realize Tool is only psuedo intellectual, if that. Though, in my eyes, that makes it even more clever (and I think it's done on purpose), because it is relatively accessible; afterall who would want to listen to a paraphrased essay on socioeconomic class structure, or nanotechnology set to music haha].

Later I was in college (I was a general art major - go figure), and I was taking alot of drawing and painting electives, and there was one friend I had made (he was the epitomy of cool) who kept wearing different Tool shirts to class (so I noted that, but didn't check into them again). Then I went and got a job, and we were allowed to listen to music while working, and another friend I made brought in Aenema and forced me to listen to it claiming something to the extent that "it was the best thing since sliced bread," and claiming that he "didn't even like rock, but this was different." I was skeptical, but still anxious to hear what this band I had gotten into when I was a teenager had gone on to do.

Not much has to be said after this experience - I basically stole the album from him and was listening to it about 10 times a day, and it was making my work days a much more bearable and pleasurable experience. He informed me of Opiate, and I promptly went and bought Opiate and Aenema, and another copy of Undertow. From that point (this was around 2000), there has not been much time gone by that I didn't listen to Tool.

Opiate really sucked me in, because I share Maynard's view on religion whole heartedly, and had been familiar with and used that Marx' quote from a young age.

After all this, I turned my brother on to them, and a few other people. And then I began reading Toolband daily, keeping up on what was going on with the band. And then Lateralus was on its way. I remember one of the radio stations in L.A. doing a "preview" of Lateralus the whole way through, and the bassline on Schism sticking out and being talked about as "new and innovative", as well as other aspects of the album. It got quite the hype around the L.A. area. Then the videos came, and finally the album. I was at Best Buy the day Lateralus came out, and bought two copies. After a thousand listens to Aenema and subsequently Lateralus (and viewings of Salival), I was just floored and believed it to be the best contemporary rock music that has ever been achieved (my personal opinion), and most everything else has become grunt, monotonous, and a chore to have to listen to. Then I remember hearing how great they were live, and how "that phenomenal drummer of theirs just doesn't miss a beat". So I, of course, had to find out for myself. I bought two frontrow tickets for them in Sacramento, and my brother and I drove up there to see them (this was obviously the Lateralus tour), then back to L.A. for the final show, all in one weekend.

After seeing them live, there is/was just no going back.

Anyway, sorry for the "trip down memory lane," but I probably couldn't have said this any other way: Without having first been exposed to Undertow in my teenage years and the priming that experience gave me, I probably would not have had the interest in them that brought me to Aenema and then Lateralus. And without my age and self proclaimed "experience and wisdom", I probably would not have had the conceptualization that it's taken to really wrap around those two albums and what they really deeply mean, the conceptual points they are making, and the hidden insight that is there.

That's not to say (with how intelligent some of these youngsters are these days), you couldn't just pick up Lateralus, understand, and have great appreciation from the get go. I just mean, I am very fulfilled with my personal experiences and how I have come to the music almost evolutionarily through my few years. It's been an enriching experience, and I highly recommend if you are newer to Tool, you go back through the catalogue and give them all an extensive listen/look chronologically. It's been fun to see them evolve, as well - especially god damned "Shiva the blue drum god" himself (Danny Carey is enough to make most men feel like half men) ... from what he is doing on Cold and Ugly to the end of Vicarious (forgive me, there are so many examples to choose from). And from my perspective, 10,000 Days has been a welcomed respite from the seriousness and depth of Aenema and Lateralus. Maybe that is why I have such a great appreciation for it, now.

I will say, after all this, even though it is hard to quantify and/or qualify the albums, Opiate and Undertow have become distant, and relatively simplistic (and therefore not my preferred choice of listening most of the time). But that is what happens with time, age, and unfortunately becoming jaded I suppose. But I will tell you, seeing Flood performed live, with all these memories coarsing through me has been an experience I'll never forget... a fucking unreal experience.

All I really know is whatever (and whenever) they do next will be welcomed with all my heart, all my brain, all my eyes (yes, even my pryed open Third Eye McRoggles! =), and all my ears. That is all I can really say.

Last edited by A Tad Bit Catatonic; 02-25-2008 at 12:41 PM..
Old 02-25-2008, 12:29 PM   #72
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

I've had a similar experience and can attest to the validity of what you're saying.

Oddly enough, before Undertow came out I got introduced by some friends to Green Jello (as they called it back then), and there was just something about it that really caught my attention. So I bought the album (Cereal Killers), and I liked it. Come to find out later, Danny and Maynard were cutting their teeth here. Not that it in anyway represents what Tool would become, but I always found it curious how I picked it out from the get go. I lived pretty close to L.A. then, so this group and Tool later emerged pretty rapidly in that area. I mean I live in Virginia now, and believe it or not, even though Tool are an Internationally platinum selling band at this point, you wouldn't believe how many people (who are in to rock, alternative, metal, etc.) still haven't been exposed to them here. They hardly get any radio play here (I know they hardly get any anyway, but it's much less here still) - it is a joke.

I used to watch "Hedbangers Ball" way back when. I was 15 (28 now) when Undertow came out, and they were constantly introducing Tool and "Sober" as "the next big thing" before the album was even released. And I got hooked on the damn song and video combo. So I actually went to the store the day the album (Undertow) came out and bought it. I remember that day after going to the record store and having a freshly wrapped Undertow in my hands, getting home and marvelling at the absurdly strange and horrific images presented in the album booklet, and something gravitating me towards the twisted rib cage on the cover. My mother and I were always very heavily in to art and music, so the artistic videos coming along with the music really opened me to them. I remember saying, "you gotta see and hear this stuff mom" (she was pretty open minded when it came to music and art) - but she was turned off complaining it was "too droning for her tastes". That is a good memory for me. I wore that copy of Undertow out.

I can tend to (and admit that I do tend to) be pretensious, and think that I have great taste in music and everything else. So I later considered myself to have "outgrown" my Headbangers Ball days. Plus, so much of the music from those days (and music period), is a "one hit wonder" type of thing. So I honestly lost touch with what the band was doing, and didn't expect them to go on to do very much. [Edit: This may make me sound elitist - I am not that, and I fully realize Tool is only psuedo intellectual, if that. Though, in my eyes, that makes it even more clever (and I think it's done on purpose), because it is relatively accessible; afterall who would want to listen to a paraphrased essay on socioeconomic class structure, or nanotechnology set to music haha].

Later I was in college (I was a general art major - go figure), and I was taking alot of drawing and painting electives, and there was one friend I had made (he was the epitomy of cool) who kept wearing different Tool shirts to class (so I noted that, but didn't check into them again). Then I went and got a job, and we were allowed to listen to music while working, and another friend I made brought in Aenema and forced me to listen to it claiming something to the extent that "it was the best thing since sliced bread," and claiming that he "didn't even like rock, but this was different." I was skeptical, but still anxious to hear what this band I had gotten into when I was a teenager had gone on to do.

Not much has to be said after this experience - I basically stole the album from him and was listening to it about 10 times a day, and it was making my work days a much more bearable and pleasurable experience. He informed me of Opiate, and I promptly went and bought Opiate and Aenema, and another copy of Undertow. From that point (this was around 2000), there has not been much time gone by that I didn't listen to Tool.

Opiate really sucked me in, because I share Maynard's view on religion whole heartedly, and had been familiar with and used that Marx' quote from a young age.

After all this, I turned my brother on to them, and a few other people. And then I began reading Toolband daily, keeping up on what was going on with the band. And then Lateralus was on its way. I remember one of the radio stations in L.A. doing a "preview" of Lateralus the whole way through, and the bassline on Schism sticking out and being talked about as "new and innovative", as well as other aspects of the album. It got quite the hype around the L.A. area. Then the videos came, and finally the album. I was at Best Buy the day Lateralus came out, and bought two copies. After a thousand listens to Aenema and subsequently Lateralus (and viewings of Salival), I was just floored and believed it to be the best contemporary rock music that has ever been achieved (my personal opinion), and most everything else has become grunt, monotonous, and a chore to have to listen to. Then I remember hearing how great they were live, and how "that phenomenal drummer of theirs just doesn't miss a beat". So I, of course, had to find out for myself. I bought two frontrow tickets for them in Sacramento, and my brother and I drove up there to see them (this was obviously the Lateralus tour), then back to L.A. for the final show, all in one weekend.

After seeing them live, there is/was just no going back.

Anyway, sorry for the "trip down memory lane," but I probably couldn't have said this any other way: Without having first been exposed to Undertow in my teenage years and the priming that experience gave me, I probably would not have had the interest in them that brought me to Aenema and then Lateralus. And without my age and self proclaimed "experience and wisdom", I probably would not have had the conceptualization that it's taken to really wrap around those two albums and what they really deeply mean, the conceptual points they are making, and the hidden insight that is there.

That's not to say (with how intelligent some of these youngsters are these days), you couldn't just pick up Lateralus, understand, and have great appreciation from the get go. I just mean, I am very fulfilled with my personal experiences and how I have come to the music almost evolutionarily through my few years. It's been an enriching experience, and I highly recommend if you are newer to Tool, you go back through the catalogue and give them all an extensive listen/look chronologically. It's been fun to see them evolve, as well - especially god damned "Shiva the blue drum god" himself (Danny Carey is enough to make most men feel like half men) ... from what he is doing on Cold and Ugly to the end of Vicarious (forgive me, there are so many examples to choose from). And from my perspective, 10,000 Days has been a welcomed respite from the seriousness and depth of Aenema and Lateralus. Maybe that is why I have such a great appreciation for it, now.

I will say, after all this, even though it is hard to quantify and/or qualify the albums, Opiate and Undertow have become distant, and relatively simplistic (and therefore not my preferred choice of listening most of the time). But that is what happens with time, age, and unfortunately becoming jaded I suppose. But I will tell you, seeing Flood performed live, with all these memories coarsing through me has been an experience I'll never forget... a fucking unreal experience.

All I really know is whatever (and whenever) they do next will be welcomed with all my heart, all my brain, all my eyes (yes, even my pryed open Third Eye McRoggles! =), and all my ears. That is all I can really say.

Last edited by A Tad Bit Catatonic; 02-25-2008 at 12:41 PM..
TheDude420
02-25-2008, 01:29 PM

Wow, good post man, very good. I feel what you are saying about the growth and advancement in the technicality and maturity of their music. My first introduction to tool was Aenima with stinkfist. I loved that whole cd and then went to Lateralus and the stark differences between the two captivated me and I found myself listening to one and then the other and repeating over and over to experience different styles. Think of eating something salty, then wanting something sweet, then salty then sweet, etc... a cycle of two very different but complimenting flavors.

My dad had a monumental influence on my musical taste as I can remember being probably 7 or so and hearing Iron Man for the first time. We pulled up to the gas station in town and he started pumping gas and went inside to bullshit with the owner. Before he went inside he crunk the volume up and with the soundsystem he had in his truck and my 7 yr old ears I heard something that changed my life. He was inside watching me as the voice came on "I AM IRON MAAANN!!" and i started looking around and wondering what the hell is this! It scared me to death but I felt a strange calm and love within that fear. I instantly knew that i LOVED rock and roll. Thats a really hard experience to put into words, but is something that i still feel to this day. He came back outside and was laughing b/c he could see that the sounds had interested me, he subsequently gave me my first piece of music in my life which i still have today, an original casett of Paranoid. From then on it was rock and roll of all kinds, Floyd, Sabbath, Boston, ELO, Joe Walsh, Joe Cocker, Zep, Slowhand, Eagles (I hate the FUCKIN' eagles), etc... all the music my dad grew up with is what i grew up with as oposed to the rap and country my friends listened to growing up.

That being said, you can see my musical background. My adolescence was filled with classic rock and radio rock such as NIN, Smashing Pumpkins, White Zombie, RATM, and things that were easilly accessible thru public media, TOOL never got alot of radio play that i can remember so I ended up stumbling upon them myself as my friends simply weren't interested in rock, save a few friends, but they never heard of TOOL. Tool didnt come into my life until Aenima had been out for a few years. I never experienced Undertow or opiate in its own time, I only got them after Lateralus so that part of the Tool catalogue doesn't register to me on the same level as Aenima and Lat. They are very powerful, but just not emotionally connected to me as they may be with other listeners.

That was a long ass rant kinda, but I just wanted to give a little info on my musical pedigrees and the origins from which they stemmed. Tool versus other rock bands of now impart a feeling of the same childlike wonder and exploration, in me, just like the classic rockers of the 60s and 70s when new sounds and new music was being made constantly. I feel that with every album THEY are discovering new things along with us and we are just as much a part of the ride as they are.

Agreeing with Catatonic above me, i will welcome whatever they do wholeheartedly and with an open mind.

Peace people, LOVE yall!
Old 02-25-2008, 01:29 PM   #73
Level 7 - Loquacious

Location: in the quaalude induced semi-lucid dreams of the mexican staring frog of sri lanka
Bincount™: 80

Wow, good post man, very good. I feel what you are saying about the growth and advancement in the technicality and maturity of their music. My first introduction to tool was Aenima with stinkfist. I loved that whole cd and then went to Lateralus and the stark differences between the two captivated me and I found myself listening to one and then the other and repeating over and over to experience different styles. Think of eating something salty, then wanting something sweet, then salty then sweet, etc... a cycle of two very different but complimenting flavors.

My dad had a monumental influence on my musical taste as I can remember being probably 7 or so and hearing Iron Man for the first time. We pulled up to the gas station in town and he started pumping gas and went inside to bullshit with the owner. Before he went inside he crunk the volume up and with the soundsystem he had in his truck and my 7 yr old ears I heard something that changed my life. He was inside watching me as the voice came on "I AM IRON MAAANN!!" and i started looking around and wondering what the hell is this! It scared me to death but I felt a strange calm and love within that fear. I instantly knew that i LOVED rock and roll. Thats a really hard experience to put into words, but is something that i still feel to this day. He came back outside and was laughing b/c he could see that the sounds had interested me, he subsequently gave me my first piece of music in my life which i still have today, an original casett of Paranoid. From then on it was rock and roll of all kinds, Floyd, Sabbath, Boston, ELO, Joe Walsh, Joe Cocker, Zep, Slowhand, Eagles (I hate the FUCKIN' eagles), etc... all the music my dad grew up with is what i grew up with as oposed to the rap and country my friends listened to growing up.

That being said, you can see my musical background. My adolescence was filled with classic rock and radio rock such as NIN, Smashing Pumpkins, White Zombie, RATM, and things that were easilly accessible thru public media, TOOL never got alot of radio play that i can remember so I ended up stumbling upon them myself as my friends simply weren't interested in rock, save a few friends, but they never heard of TOOL. Tool didnt come into my life until Aenima had been out for a few years. I never experienced Undertow or opiate in its own time, I only got them after Lateralus so that part of the Tool catalogue doesn't register to me on the same level as Aenima and Lat. They are very powerful, but just not emotionally connected to me as they may be with other listeners.

That was a long ass rant kinda, but I just wanted to give a little info on my musical pedigrees and the origins from which they stemmed. Tool versus other rock bands of now impart a feeling of the same childlike wonder and exploration, in me, just like the classic rockers of the 60s and 70s when new sounds and new music was being made constantly. I feel that with every album THEY are discovering new things along with us and we are just as much a part of the ride as they are.

Agreeing with Catatonic above me, i will welcome whatever they do wholeheartedly and with an open mind.

Peace people, LOVE yall!
02-25-2008, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude420 View Post

Peace people, LOVE yall!
Thank you, and yes it may be a long rant (who am I to speak), but it is a good rant =)

I too was introduced to all the classic rock you speak of at an early age. Of course "Grunge" (silly term for the good music that it is) was very big around the time Tool came out as well. It is the only contemporary rock I still find tolerable and can place anywhere near the pedestal that Tool inhabit for me, that and RATM. Metallica was very big in those days... especially in Southern California, and though they are fundamentally different (and not nearly as good in my opinion), they did serve to prime me for maybe the darkness that exists in Tool's music, particularly Undertow. Come to find out later, Tool did actually aim for "something along the lines of The Black Album", with Aenema. A side note, and interestingly enough, it is a theory of mine we may actually now ironically begin to hear Tool's influence on Metallica with their new album.

But the opening feedback and then the throbbing droning notes of Stinkfist I shall never forget - first listen of Aenema, I was blown away by that. Always have been a sucker for feedback for some reason, or should I say controlled feedback.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:22 PM   #74
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude420 View Post

Peace people, LOVE yall!
Thank you, and yes it may be a long rant (who am I to speak), but it is a good rant =)

I too was introduced to all the classic rock you speak of at an early age. Of course "Grunge" (silly term for the good music that it is) was very big around the time Tool came out as well. It is the only contemporary rock I still find tolerable and can place anywhere near the pedestal that Tool inhabit for me, that and RATM. Metallica was very big in those days... especially in Southern California, and though they are fundamentally different (and not nearly as good in my opinion), they did serve to prime me for maybe the darkness that exists in Tool's music, particularly Undertow. Come to find out later, Tool did actually aim for "something along the lines of The Black Album", with Aenema. A side note, and interestingly enough, it is a theory of mine we may actually now ironically begin to hear Tool's influence on Metallica with their new album.

But the opening feedback and then the throbbing droning notes of Stinkfist I shall never forget - first listen of Aenema, I was blown away by that. Always have been a sucker for feedback for some reason, or should I say controlled feedback.
02-26-2008, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Completely agreed.
There we go. Now can we give McRoggles a break? He likes Stinkfist at least! =)

I should have said "crackling feedback" in my above post. I don't know why it bothers me so much that I didn't, but I should have said it.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:36 AM   #75
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Completely agreed.
There we go. Now can we give McRoggles a break? He likes Stinkfist at least! =)

I should have said "crackling feedback" in my above post. I don't know why it bothers me so much that I didn't, but I should have said it.
02-26-2008, 10:41 AM

Quote:

I've been able to spot a few copies of Opiate in my area, but I'm looking for Salival. That's what I'm interested in right now. I've listened to a few bootlegs of Opiate and it's songs, and it's a great mood revealer...if you know what I mean.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:41 AM   #76
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

I've been able to spot a few copies of Opiate in my area, but I'm looking for Salival. That's what I'm interested in right now. I've listened to a few bootlegs of Opiate and it's songs, and it's a great mood revealer...if you know what I mean.
02-26-2008, 11:35 AM

Personally, I could care less who likes what Tool songs in what fuckin order. They are all equally as good in their own right and style as far as I'm concerned. And for those of you that DO care, I wouldn't be surprised if you were also a reality Tv junkie that watches E! News and is dying to know what Paris Hilton ate for breakfast, or what panties Brittany finally decided to wear...I pity your kind.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:35 AM   #77
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Personally, I could care less who likes what Tool songs in what fuckin order. They are all equally as good in their own right and style as far as I'm concerned. And for those of you that DO care, I wouldn't be surprised if you were also a reality Tv junkie that watches E! News and is dying to know what Paris Hilton ate for breakfast, or what panties Brittany finally decided to wear...I pity your kind.
02-26-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
I think I'd better not start on Lateralus the song....heh heh

end my Tool favourite top 10 songs would upset other people as well.....
When people say this shit, it makes me realize that I'm probably among fanboys, which makes me puke a little in my mouth, to combine "Tool" and "fanboys."

Go ahead, say it. I'd like to hear.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:43 AM   #78
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
I think I'd better not start on Lateralus the song....heh heh

end my Tool favourite top 10 songs would upset other people as well.....
When people say this shit, it makes me realize that I'm probably among fanboys, which makes me puke a little in my mouth, to combine "Tool" and "fanboys."

Go ahead, say it. I'd like to hear.
02-26-2008, 11:45 AM

she's healthy.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:45 AM   #79
Super Bat Kiss

Bincount™: 9554

she's healthy.
02-26-2008, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludovico View Post
english muffin, no butter and a glass of oj.
There's always a cynic here when you need one =-)
Old 02-26-2008, 11:54 AM   #80
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludovico View Post
english muffin, no butter and a glass of oj.
There's always a cynic here when you need one =-)

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply