opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Opiate » 2. Hush
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 07-04-2007, 03:07 PM   #1
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
I can wear my shirt when I want to

Whats all this B.S. about it not being "cool" to wear a TOOL shirt to a TOOL show?
I read from the guy who runs this site saying "dont be that guy" by wearing a TOOL shirt to a TOOL concert. My friend,you have a great web-site and i appreciate all the effort. But you have lost all perspective on being a fan. I guess you feel closer to being a member of the band, which is hilarious.

I will always wear my TOOL concert T's to the shows, and if anybody, has the stupidity to mock me for it, I will rip watever clothing they are wearing, right off their backs.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-05-2007, 01:01 AM   #2
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 901
Re: I can wear my shirt when I want to

I don't generally like wearing Tool shirts in general although I have one. It's just makes me feel weird because it says in huge letters "TOOL" on the front...like I am a tool. You see alot of tools at Tool shows.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:18 AM   #3
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Yehti View Post
Whats all this B.S. about it not being "cool" to wear a TOOL shirt to a TOOL show?
I read from the guy who runs this site saying "dont be that guy" by wearing a TOOL shirt to a TOOL concert. My friend,you have a great web-site and i appreciate all the effort. But you have lost all perspective on being a fan. I guess you feel closer to being a member of the band, which is hilarious.

I will always wear my TOOL concert T's to the shows, and if anybody, has the stupidity to mock me for it, I will rip watever clothing they are wearing, right off their backs.
I see where you're coming from. Personally, I think it's stupid to mock people who want to wear the fucking shirts they bought at the show from Tool. Last show I went to I threw on the shirt I bought at the show. What the hell was I supposed to do? Either throw the shirt over my shoulder or carry it in my hand the whole show cause that would make me so much cooler?

Yeah, I think it was Kabir who said don't wear the shirts at their shows. It's like you're supposed to feel bad for showing love for the band which I think is a load of shit. It's kinda like going to a Star Trek convention wearing costumes and being made fun of by other fucking trekkies.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-05-2007, 02:10 PM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 55

If this was a grudge, I would support it.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:13 PM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 117

supported
Old 07-05-2007, 07:20 PM   #6
Last stop on the West Coast line.

Bincount™: 7282

This is my take.

It's like if Jesus came back and saw all the Christians with a cross around their necks. DO you really think he wants to see another cross?

I think by not wearing a Tool shirt to a Tool concert, you're showing respect to the band.

I'll elaborate.

Tool is on stage. They see fans in the audience. They don't need a T-Shirt reminding them of themselves. They know what you're there for. They see your hands in the air - they see the OGT fucks singing along. It's great.

Don't be a billboard at their own concert.
GUY 1: Hey man! I like TooL (points to shirt)!
GUY 2: WELL NO SHIT, YOU'RE AT A FUCKING CONCERT DUDE!

Wear a plain black-T.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:30 AM   #7
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esurient4Truth View Post
Don't be a billboard at their own concert.
GUY 1: Hey man! I like TooL (points to shirt)!
GUY 2: WELL NO SHIT, YOU'RE AT A FUCKING CONCERT DUDE!

Wear a plain black-T.

Nicely put.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-06-2007, 01:47 AM   #8
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1989

Wear whatever you like.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-06-2007, 02:01 AM   #9
Banned.

Bincount™: 4103

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenA View Post
Wear whatever you like.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-06-2007, 08:23 AM   #10
Level 7 - Loquacious

[QUOTE=Esurient4Truth;2040961]This is my take.

It's like if Jesus came back and saw all the Christians with a cross around their necks. DO you really think he wants to see another cross?

that's not your take that is bill motherfuckin hicks.

fuck having a dress code at a concert. a concert is where all established gatherers meet for a common experience with their own individual perspectives. if that's what they want to wear, then let them wear it.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:15 AM   #11
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 30

"I can wear what I want to
even if I'm not serious"

APPROVED
Old 07-06-2007, 03:44 PM   #12
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwriter View Post
APPROVED
Approved?
Old 07-06-2007, 05:16 PM   #13
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideTheOutside20 View Post
Approved?
I mean SUPPORTED...
Old 07-06-2007, 05:33 PM   #14
homer jay

Bincount™: 4656

the "dont be that guy" post was inspired by the movie pcu.

dont be so uptight. wear your shirt. i just think its silly to worry about wut you are wearing to a concert anyway.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-06-2007, 06:11 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolution View Post

that's not your take that is bill motherfuckin hicks.
pardon me. bill hicks ftw btw

Quote:
fuck having a dress code at a concert. a concert is where all established gatherers meet for a common experience with their own individual perspectives. if that's what they want to wear, then let them wear it.
never said to have a dress code.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:41 PM   #16
Level 10 - Vehement
Suicide Booth ID: 5

Bincount™: 9166

i didnt know it was limited to tool, i thought it was kinda lame to wear any band t shirt to their show...maybe not, any one in a band that has t shirts, anyone going to make a band and t shirts to figure out what it feels like to see someone at your show in your t shirt?

k.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-07-2007, 01:43 AM   #17
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
pardon me. bill hicks ftw btw

never said to have a dress code.
yes pardon your plagiaristic, justification through abbreviations, foot in mouth RYKO jerk-off wisdom.

haha the implication was still there, boy.

k.
k.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:37 AM   #18

Quote:
haha the implication was still there, boy.
You're saying I implied to have a dress code? Not really (you must have read my responses to uniforms in public schools perhaps - maybe not)

I'm just saying you shouldn't wear a band shirt to their own concert. They already know that you support them - FFS, you bought a ticket.

But... take a response as you will I guess.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:16 PM   #19
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
You're saying I implied to have a dress code? Not really (you must have read my responses to uniforms in public schools perhaps - maybe not)

I'm just saying you shouldn't wear a band shirt to their own concert. They already know that you support them - FFS, you bought a ticket.

But... take a response as you will I guess.
when you limit, even by minute detail, clothing to an event then you have created a dress code.

your opinion has been noted.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:00 PM   #20
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

its like, if your jaming and having a good time at tool show, or just buying the tickets and going but u r enjoying it u dont need a shirt to prove it, and its also from clearks
Old 07-07-2007, 06:17 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolrox19 View Post
its like, if your jaming and having a good time at tool show, or just buying the tickets and going but u r enjoying it u dont need a shirt to prove it, and its also from clearks
Old 07-08-2007, 06:23 PM   #22
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

I don't wear a band's t-shirt when I'm at their concert. I think it's kinda dumb. Doesn't matter if it's Tool, NIN, APC, etc. etc. But that's me. YOU should do whatever the fuck you want. Even if you look stupid.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-08-2007, 08:58 PM   #23
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenpig View Post
I don't wear a band's t-shirt when I'm at their concert. I think it's kinda dumb. Doesn't matter if it's Tool, NIN, APC, etc. etc. But that's me. YOU should do whatever the fuck you want. Even if you look stupid.
Did any of you guys read my first post? I mean what the fuck am I supposed to do? Not buy the shirt all together? I know you could probably buy the shirt at hot topic a lot cheaper, but I have a sentimental connection with actually buying the shirt at the show I actually fucking went to. It's not that crazy a concept.

Am I supposed to run inside and buy the shirt and see if security will let me run to the car right quick so I could drop it off? Seriously, I'm just pointing out that there is such a thing as neccesity. I don't need the shirt to prove anything, I just like to have it as something to recall fond memories. And yes, the show left me with plenty of fond memories, but I don't see what the problem is with buying and wearing the shirt if you wish.

Honestly, I don't see how Tool would think less of people wearing their fucking shirts. It's a way of showing support. Justin plays his bass on a little chair that says TOOL on the side during 10,000 Days.

And spare me the Christ analogy. It's not like the members of Tool see one of their shirts and say, "Oh God! Anything but Tool! Oh cruel agonizing fate!! The Horror! The Horror!" Please.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-08-2007, 10:34 PM   #24
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988

When I buy a shirt at a show (which is every so often), I just hold it, in my hand, for the duration of the show. It sounds difficult and perhaps irrational, but it works in my case. Tends to get the hands a little sweaty, so I alternate. Definitely beats wearing two T-shirts, though.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:30 PM   #25
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by hushypushy View Post
When I buy a shirt at a show (which is every so often), I just hold it, in my hand, for the duration of the show. It sounds difficult and perhaps irrational, but it works in my case. Tends to get the hands a little sweaty, so I alternate. Definitely beats wearing two T-shirts, though.
That works too I guess. Either way you end up looking fucking weird, holding a shirt or wearing two. This is what I was trying to point out with my first post.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-09-2007, 01:39 PM   #26
homer jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesegreater View Post

Honestly, I don't see how Tool would think less of people wearing their fucking shirts.
are you worried the band might think your uncool?
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-09-2007, 02:55 PM   #27
Level 7 - Loquacious

Most of my shirts are band tee's, so if I wear a Tool shirt to a Tool show, I am not doing it because I am at the show, I am doing it because it was clean.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:06 PM   #28
homer jay

i saw people in tuxedos in mansfield mass last year.

pretty fucking awesome if you ask me
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-09-2007, 04:08 PM   #29
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Most of my shirts are band tee's, so if I wear a Tool shirt to a Tool show, I am not doing it because I am at the show, I am doing it because it was clean.
Amen brother! I think people need to switch out their tampons and quit bitching about people wearing Tool shirts to Tool concerts.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-09-2007, 04:14 PM   #30
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Amen brother!
lol
Old 07-09-2007, 04:28 PM   #31
Level 8 - Vociferous

God this thread is pissing me off. I need a fucking Xanax. Who the fuck are these kids that think wearing the shirts that Tool sold to us is stupid?

I've been to two shows. Wore a Tool shirt one time, and didn't the other. It's not like when I go to the concert wearing their shirt I think, "Look at all these stupid people NOT wearing Tool shirts!? Show some respect!"

I'm also relatively sure they aren't trying to scope out people in section 106 during their set to see who is or isn't wearing their shirts. I could agree with this argument if you were talking about the members of Tool wearing their own shirts, but that's not the case.

And Esurient, you compared them to Jesus and told fans to wear black shirts. If you go to a Tool concert and get cheap laughter from pointing out the people wearing Tool shirts, I pity you. It's like you never got past that junior high phase of judging who's wearing what. Wear whatever the fuck you want to at Tool's shows, and if some douche-nozzle is making fun of you for wearing a Tool shirt, come over to my section where people don't give a shit.

Last edited by Cheesegreater; 07-09-2007 at 04:33 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-09-2007, 06:01 PM   #32
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamminsalmon View Post
are you worried the band might think your uncool?

Last edited by Resolution; 07-10-2007 at 01:24 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-10-2007, 04:39 AM   #33

Quote:
And Esurient, you compared them to Jesus and told fans to wear black shirts. If you go to a Tool concert and get cheap laughter from pointing out the people wearing Tool shirts, I pity you. It's like you never got past that junior high phase of judging who's wearing what. Wear whatever the fuck you want to at Tool's shows, and if some douche-nozzle is making fun of you for wearing a Tool shirt, come over to my section where people don't give a shit.
I recommended not to wear a shirt. That's it. I gave a wry example of why not to. My preference isn't to wear one - I don't care if you do or not.

If I'm at a Tool concert (or anywhere for that matter), I have better things to do than care what your wearing. I'm more intent on watching Adam Jones and his sick guitar playing.

Honestly, I wouldn't care if you were next to me naked....okay. Okay, THAT I might, but I'm not gonna say something to you if you wear a Tool shirt. If you're gonna wear one to a concert or if you want to, that's fine. But I'm not gonna reduce myself to laughing at you, pointing you out, etc. Were you got that from, I don't know, but let me make myself clear:

Personally, I won't wear it for reasons stated above - but if you want to wear a Tool shirt to a concert, do you really think I'll give a shit? Na, not really. It's your thing dudes, not mine. I'll wear what's comfortable for me, and you'll wear what you want to.

Last edited by Esurient4Truth; 07-10-2007 at 04:43 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-10-2007, 07:04 AM   #34
Level 2 - Poster

I am reminded of the time I attended that general admission (no seat assignments) Iron Maiden show in Hampton, VA back in the 80's.

I dropped 2 hits of some serious acid before the show, killed off a pint of JD, purchased an Iron Maiden shirt from the vendors on the way in and deposited my old shirt in the trash.

After the show, my IM concert T-shirt was in tatters and my shoes were nowhere to be found.

I had a great time however.

Unforgettable.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:58 PM   #35
Level 2 - Poster

I wear the actual CONCERT T-shirt to the show that im attending. You know, the shirts that have the tour dates on the back. Those shirts are kick -ass! The 1 I got at Oakland 2002 is absolutley top-notch concert T. Id like to meet the person who thought I looked stupid wearing that T-shirt to a TOOL show. To me, its more like a show of support. Not only do I listen to the band and attend their live shows, I also spend money to buy their merchandise. How could that be "not cool"?

And...whoever has a burned version of any of the TOOL CD's..didnt shell out the cash, but ripped off the band..should just keep quiet.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-11-2007, 06:45 AM   #36

Bincount™: 10

My friends used to pick on me for wearing the band shirt (for whatever band) to the concert.... "don't be that guy" or that chick in this instance. Hell, I picked on my sister for it ;O) but only because she's my sister and I wanted to give her a hard time. *lol*

Eh, I do what I want... when I see people at concerts wearing the band shirt, I don't care.... I actually get a little jealous... *you go to see a show on THAT tour!* So maybe its jealousy, who knows.

Personally I did not wear my Tool shirts to any of the shows I went to, simply because I'm more than just a Tool fan. Everybody there knows I'm a Tool fan, lemme wear something else that I feel shows another side of me.

Wear what you want and don't worry about what other people think!!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-11-2007, 02:32 PM   #37

I changed into my Tool shirt during the first show because I bought it there and didn't want some asshole who couldn't afford to buy one snatching my $40 shirt. I'm paranoid like that.

I think this is the most intense conversation I have ever heard revolving around a rock t-shirt. Where are those blasted fashion police when you need them? I personally prefer to go looking like a low rent hooker but my ass outgrew my paten leather pants a few years ago and some bitch ripped off my thigh high boots. Ahhh.. those were the days.

What were we talking about?
Old 07-11-2007, 02:43 PM   #38
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aezarien View Post
What were we talking about?
I don't remember... but it was something cool.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:52 PM   #39

Quote:
I don't remember... but it was something cool.
Groovy. Want a Twizzler?
Old 07-12-2007, 01:51 AM   #40
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 477

what you do with a freshly bought concert tshirt if you are hesitant on wearing one for whatever reason(morales, alien tracking gel that attaches to you if you wear the shirt w/in 2 hours of purchase etc.). wad it up and stuff it in your pants, this way,girls think you have a big dick.....or think your a transvestite.....well maybe girls should just were the shirt

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: