opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Salival » 1. Third Eye
User Name
Password
Old 07-01-2005, 11:24 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1
see with your third eye

i dont know which religion, but i heard of like a buddhist or eastern religion that will cut a slit on their forehead, just above and inbetween their eyes. the reason they do this is cuz they think theres a third eye there that help your phsyc. newayz, thats what i think this song is about.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 11:21 AM   #2
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 1150
Re: see with your third eye

Not necessarily. The "third eye" is a fancy name for the pinneal gland in the brain in the same location, which does further insight and the psyche. It is not activated in that manner though, but rather deep meditations or psychedelic drugs (pretty sure)...
This has been covered a few times around the forum, but yeah, that's what the religion is probably trying to do, or maybe its merely a psychic branding if you will to signify enlightment?
Old 07-02-2005, 12:36 PM   #3
frat boy extraordinaire

Bincount™: 6242

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto
i dont know which religion, but i heard of like a buddhist or eastern religion that will cut a slit on their forehead, just above and inbetween their eyes. the reason they do this is cuz they think theres a third eye there that help your phsyc. newayz, thats what i think this song is about.

the Pineal gland is in the lower part of back of your brain, this incision you speak of might signify but it does not help you achieve that level of consciousness, i would say it is like a tatoo of sorts which signifies enligtenment within the culture
Old 07-10-2005, 03:52 PM   #4
Banned.

Bincount™: 213

It's in the very core of your brain. It's highly sensitve to light, and if no one knows what could happen if it were exposed to it. You could cut it out of someone's brain and expose it to light, but it would be dead, and wouldn't do shit. So if you had some super advanced brain surgery, you might be able to have it open and exposed without being dead, and your third eye would, theoretically, be open.
Old 07-10-2005, 04:24 PM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frances
It's in the very core of your brain. It's highly sensitve to light, and if no one knows what could happen if it were exposed to it. You could cut it out of someone's brain and expose it to light, but it would be dead, and wouldn't do shit. So if you had some super advanced brain surgery, you might be able to have it open and exposed without being dead, and your third eye would, theoretically, be open.
I don't think the pineal gland itself is physically sensitive to light, but rather, it's sensitive to the light impulses it receives from eyes (From the SCN). That's because it's mostly responsible for releasing the hormone 'melatonin' which affects our sleep rhythms.
It's also said to play a role in our visual dreaming by releasing a psychedelic chemical called DMT. It still needs a lot of more research to discover all the mysteries of this gland.
Old 07-10-2005, 04:34 PM   #6
Banned.

Bincount™: 213

Old 07-10-2005, 04:38 PM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frances
I wouldn't really trust crystallinks as a valid scientific source. Too much into metaphysical to remain scientifically valid.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: