opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Opiate » 2. Hush
User Name
Password
Old 10-10-2003, 11:54 AM   #1
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 0
Hush.

l think this is a wonderful song...the explaination of sensorship in the video, and the lyrics...genius Maynard...once again, he doesn't dissappoint us...and to this day they're still wonderful.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 11:06 AM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8
Re: Hush.

once again he doesnt dissapoint us? lol it was their first single. theres no way its about censorship, its the exact opposite of that. he says how its bullshit you cant say whats on your mind cuz you might hurt someone. its called free speach, hes trying to make a point.
Old 03-29-2004, 05:36 PM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

But through the act of sensorship you limit ones freedom of speech. Wherein lies the trouble within the inturpretations of this song, it took me until I learned about this shit in school to realize that he is very much talking about the two hand in hand. What helped to bring me to this conclusions was something that my Government teacher said, "You have the freedom and the right to say what you want, as long as it does not infringe upon anyone elses rights." This meaning that at the same time that I have the right to swear my head off in public, someone has the right not to hear that shit in public. Therefore I must bite my tongue and be more subdued.
Old 03-31-2004, 12:03 PM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEARN.2.SWiM
once again he doesnt dissapoint us? lol it was their first single. theres no way its about censorship, its the exact opposite of that. he says how its bullshit you cant say whats on your mind cuz you might hurt someone. its called free speach, hes trying to make a point.

Yeah, he's saying how it's bullshit...it's bullshit because people CENSOR the things an audience might take "offensive" so therefore, he's saying he can say what he wants to whenever he wants to. The point of the song is freedom of speech only goes so far because of censorship. That's why you really don't hear this song, or see the video anywhere besides private sites and D/L servers. Watch the video...their mouths are taped, and their "privates" are covered...or CENSORED out.

That post was a long ass time ago...and yeah, it was their first CD, but they had been a band for about 2 years before this song/record was released. During that 2 years they sang other songs besides Hush. Not to mention, Maynard has been in the singing business for almost over 20 years...l said MAYNARD doesn't dissappoint us because, if you didn't know, he was also in CAD and teXans. Thanks for you trying to make me look stupid though. :) Maybe next time it will work out how you want it.
Fade away, fade away, like any other day.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: