Stinkfist
46 & 2
schism
rosetta stoned
Flood
Lateralus
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, cool, post it. Everything that is not a show review will be deleted.

Last edited by paraflux; 08-24-2007 at 11:57 AM..
Old 07-09-2007, 08:09 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/08/19 - Holland - Lowlands Festival

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
schism
rosetta stoned
Flood
Lateralus
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, cool, post it. Everything that is not a show review will be deleted.

Last edited by paraflux; 08-24-2007 at 11:57 AM..
OFFLINE |  
brotherlordacid's Avatar brotherlordacid
08-20-2007, 05:57 PM

Setlist :

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
schism
rosetta stoned
(setlist says : 'vicarious jam' here)
Flood
Lateralus (with a guest guitar player I didn't recognize in my altered state)
Vicarious

Sound was a bit off for the first two songs, the vocals seemed to be way down in the mix .The band was tight as always, Maynard looked animated and seemed to be in a cheerful mood; he did all the screaming parts and stuff so his throat seemed to be fine. The band as a whole seemed to be more in a 'jamming' kind of mood than at the other gigs I've seen them play.

The 'vicarious jam' part as noted in the setlist (which is copied from Justin's original) stood out for me, it might just be 'new' Tool...who knows?
Anyway : great headliner to a great fucking festival! (only NIN came close the perfection that is Tool)

Peace. Out.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:57 PM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/08/19 - Holland - Lowlands Festival

Setlist :

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
schism
rosetta stoned
(setlist says : 'vicarious jam' here)
Flood
Lateralus (with a guest guitar player I didn't recognize in my altered state)
Vicarious

Sound was a bit off for the first two songs, the vocals seemed to be way down in the mix .The band was tight as always, Maynard looked animated and seemed to be in a cheerful mood; he did all the screaming parts and stuff so his throat seemed to be fine. The band as a whole seemed to be more in a 'jamming' kind of mood than at the other gigs I've seen them play.

The 'vicarious jam' part as noted in the setlist (which is copied from Justin's original) stood out for me, it might just be 'new' Tool...who knows?
Anyway : great headliner to a great fucking festival! (only NIN came close the perfection that is Tool)

Peace. Out.
OFFLINE |  
mvb
08-21-2007, 02:39 AM

Lots of jamming indeed, sound was very loud also. Very hard.
Who was that guitar player?
The concert reviewer gave it a 5, because they jammed a lot. What a laugh, anyhow I still don't like Rosetta Stoned live. They need to drop that!

Here's a pic:

http://i10.tinypic.com/5z1hrnk.jpg
Old 08-21-2007, 02:39 AM   #3
mvb
Level 4 - Thinker

The concert reviewer gave it a 5, because they jammed a lot. What a laugh, anyhow I still don't like Rosetta Stoned live. They need to drop that!

Here's a pic:

OFFLINE |  
Bérenger's Avatar Bérenger
08-21-2007, 03:30 AM

Setlist correct.

I liked Adam's braids... I was in first row - waited there even before Sonic Youth played - and my mate catched Danny's stick - wow!!!
Sound in first row was really okay, but I was happy I was waring my earplugs. Danny's left kick-pedal broke during Rosetta Stoned, so he had to do all the kickwork with his right - and almost succeeded! He was totally fucked up after that, waiting to catch some air, very cool. I liked the vicarious jam very much - which really got a hold on me - and it came in handy to switch Danny's pedal. They lost each other during Lateralus, but the timing-problem was solved just in time for the outro. The guitarsolo was kickass, but I also did not recognize the guy playing it.

The Nard was screaming, dancing and singing as always, so his throatproblems should be solved.

All in all a really great performance, with little audible errors - but maybe I could not hear them over the sound of how high I was...
Old 08-21-2007, 03:30 AM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Setlist correct.

I liked Adam's braids... I was in first row - waited there even before Sonic Youth played - and my mate catched Danny's stick - wow!!!
Sound in first row was really okay, but I was happy I was waring my earplugs. Danny's left kick-pedal broke during Rosetta Stoned, so he had to do all the kickwork with his right - and almost succeeded! He was totally fucked up after that, waiting to catch some air, very cool. I liked the vicarious jam very much - which really got a hold on me - and it came in handy to switch Danny's pedal. They lost each other during Lateralus, but the timing-problem was solved just in time for the outro. The guitarsolo was kickass, but I also did not recognize the guy playing it.

The Nard was screaming, dancing and singing as always, so his throatproblems should be solved.

All in all a really great performance, with little audible errors - but maybe I could not hear them over the sound of how high I was...
OFFLINE |  
itsyours2relive's Avatar itsyours2relive
08-21-2007, 06:20 AM

Awesome show! sound was astonishing! And the setting of the stage was just good!

Finally the Flood came to Holland!

That guest guitar player on lateralus was Phil Campbell from Motorhead, as far as my research goes. Maynard mentioned his name after Phil left the stage.

Except for the fact i was forced to see arcade fire (to be up in the front block), this was a perfect ending for the festival!

Peace out!
Old 08-21-2007, 06:20 AM   #5
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Awesome show! sound was astonishing! And the setting of the stage was just good!

Finally the Flood came to Holland!

That guest guitar player on lateralus was Phil Campbell from Motorhead, as far as my research goes. Maynard mentioned his name after Phil left the stage.

Except for the fact i was forced to see arcade fire (to be up in the front block), this was a perfect ending for the festival!

Peace out!
08-22-2007, 12:22 AM

12th Tool show for me. During this tour, they played Holland 4 times so far and still no 10.000 days :( I liked Flood, but overall the show was one of the weakest i saw so far.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:22 AM   #6
Useful Idiot

12th Tool show for me. During this tour, they played Holland 4 times so far and still no 10.000 days :( I liked Flood, but overall the show was one of the weakest i saw so far.
toom
08-22-2007, 05:46 AM

I've seen them play at Sziget and despite of the same setlist the Lowlands concert was way better in my opinion. Really good sound and a great atmosphere because of the tent!
The 2 gigs I saw last year were better/ more diversity....but all in all again it was a great thing to see Tool again.

greetings
Old 08-22-2007, 05:46 AM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

I've seen them play at Sziget and despite of the same setlist the Lowlands concert was way better in my opinion. Really good sound and a great atmosphere because of the tent!
The 2 gigs I saw last year were better/ more diversity....but all in all again it was a great thing to see Tool again.

greetings
OFFLINE |  
Thirdeye.nl
08-22-2007, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb View Post

Here's a pic:

Totally disagree with that. Rosetta Stoned is one of their best songs live. Just like Pushit. Very hypnotizing!
And jamming? Just extended solos. Cool! Beautifull during Lateralus.
Intro of Flood is very dark. Greet to hear it live.
Pukkelpop the day before was a bit better. They were more relaxed.

Peace out.....
Old 08-22-2007, 08:54 AM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb View Post

Here's a pic:

Totally disagree with that. Rosetta Stoned is one of their best songs live. Just like Pushit. Very hypnotizing!
And jamming? Just extended solos. Cool! Beautifull during Lateralus.
Intro of Flood is very dark. Greet to hear it live.
Pukkelpop the day before was a bit better. They were more relaxed.

Peace out.....
OFFLINE |  
Armand
08-23-2007, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
I liked Flood, but overall the show was one of the weakest i saw so far.
I wonder which superb shows you've seen before then? This was my sixth (first one being as far back as 1994) and it came in as a solid shared third place. Finally being full up front again, seeing the interaction between the guys on stage, almost magical. Liked the "jamming" a lot. Besides, in my opinion you could really see the band being fully concentrated, enjoying the show themselves.

But seeing them four times on this tour is enough for now ;-) Hope the waiting for the next album wont be the usual 5 years again...
Old 08-23-2007, 11:50 PM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
I liked Flood, but overall the show was one of the weakest i saw so far.
I wonder which superb shows you've seen before then? This was my sixth (first one being as far back as 1994) and it came in as a solid shared third place. Finally being full up front again, seeing the interaction between the guys on stage, almost magical. Liked the "jamming" a lot. Besides, in my opinion you could really see the band being fully concentrated, enjoying the show themselves.

But seeing them four times on this tour is enough for now ;-) Hope the waiting for the next album wont be the usual 5 years again...
OFFLINE |  
Casagrande's Avatar Casagrande
08-24-2007, 12:33 AM

Great show, loved to see Flood. From lots of reactions after the show however, it appears that many people thought Tool had been "jamming" a little bit too much. I guess maybe if it would have been a goal for Tool to please a festival crowd, a different setlist (no Flood) and less instrumental intermissions would have been more appropiate.

But we all know crowd pleasing is not Tool's most important goal, and for me this was a perfect show (well... considering that more than 10 years have passed since Ćnima and the little flaw that is called Lateralus).

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsyours2relive View Post
Well, I thought there was nothing wrong with that! In fact, Arcade Fire was another one of my favourite shows at Lowlands together with Interpol, Alamo Race Track, The Shins and The Good, The Bad & The Queen.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:33 AM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

Great show, loved to see Flood. From lots of reactions after the show however, it appears that many people thought Tool had been "jamming" a little bit too much. I guess maybe if it would have been a goal for Tool to please a festival crowd, a different setlist (no Flood) and less instrumental intermissions would have been more appropiate.

But we all know crowd pleasing is not Tool's most important goal, and for me this was a perfect show (well... considering that more than 10 years have passed since Ćnima and the little flaw that is called Lateralus).

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsyours2relive View Post
Well, I thought there was nothing wrong with that! In fact, Arcade Fire was another one of my favourite shows at Lowlands together with Interpol, Alamo Race Track, The Shins and The Good, The Bad & The Queen.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply