Schism (w/ double-time section)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood!!!
(Intermission)
Wings for Mary
10,000 Days (Wings Pt. 2)
Lateralus (With Terry Bozzio)
Vicarious

AWESOME show, once again. Another solid 2hr performance. My 6th time seeing Tool, and the audio quality of this one was perhaps the best. I was 5 rows up from the floor seating, to the right of the soundbox, which could have attributed to the awesome, crystal clear, LOUD audio. PHENOMENAL performance, these guys are such talented musicians it's unbelievable.

Anyone else hear the "WOO HOO!" out of Maynard early in the show? Possibly during Rosetta Stoned? He came out pretty talkative, said we (they) had alot of stuff to get through and they were going to need our patience tonight, and that it felt damn good to be back. I can really tell these guys love doing what they do.

Adam played a really cool little 20-30 second solo before schism I believe, sounded awesome, never heard anything like it before. I liked the 2 pigtails he was sporting, hehe

Danny is a damn machine, like usual. Nice little behind the back toss with the drum-head into the crowd :)

Justin, jeeez, BADASS, all I can say...

Great visuals, they had a couple of the lasers setup to exactly match the ring around the top of the Erwin center, that was pretty cool. There seemed to be alot more action on the screens, some of it was different. The three hovering mobile light fixtures were really cool, resembling UFO's to me at one point. The projectors on these turned inwards and lit up the insides of them with some really cool patterns.

All in all, I loved the show. My first time hearing FLOOD live! What a treat. So glad I went, even tho the setlist was mostly the same, I probably won't have the chance to see them touring again for what could be 5+ years so I cherish any chance I get to see TOOL live...!

Last edited by operativex; 11-15-2007 at 04:28 PM..
Old 11-15-2007, 10:42 AM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Nov 14 - Austin TX

Jambi
Stinkfist (extended)
46 & 2
Schism (w/ double-time section)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood!!!
(Intermission)
Wings for Mary
10,000 Days (Wings Pt. 2)
Lateralus (With Terry Bozzio)
Vicarious

AWESOME show, once again. Another solid 2hr performance. My 6th time seeing Tool, and the audio quality of this one was perhaps the best. I was 5 rows up from the floor seating, to the right of the soundbox, which could have attributed to the awesome, crystal clear, LOUD audio. PHENOMENAL performance, these guys are such talented musicians it's unbelievable.

Anyone else hear the "WOO HOO!" out of Maynard early in the show? Possibly during Rosetta Stoned? He came out pretty talkative, said we (they) had alot of stuff to get through and they were going to need our patience tonight, and that it felt damn good to be back. I can really tell these guys love doing what they do.

Adam played a really cool little 20-30 second solo before schism I believe, sounded awesome, never heard anything like it before. I liked the 2 pigtails he was sporting, hehe

Danny is a damn machine, like usual. Nice little behind the back toss with the drum-head into the crowd :)

Justin, jeeez, BADASS, all I can say...

Great visuals, they had a couple of the lasers setup to exactly match the ring around the top of the Erwin center, that was pretty cool. There seemed to be alot more action on the screens, some of it was different. The three hovering mobile light fixtures were really cool, resembling UFO's to me at one point. The projectors on these turned inwards and lit up the insides of them with some really cool patterns.

All in all, I loved the show. My first time hearing FLOOD live! What a treat. So glad I went, even tho the setlist was mostly the same, I probably won't have the chance to see them touring again for what could be 5+ years so I cherish any chance I get to see TOOL live...!

Last edited by operativex; 11-15-2007 at 04:28 PM..
OFFLINE |  
marcus's Avatar marcus
11-15-2007, 12:42 PM

Apparently some users can't see the austin thread. Please post your reviews here and I will merge the threads when the problem is fixed.

Thanks for your patience.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:42 PM   #2
Gearhead

Bincount™: 3077
Re: Nov 14 - Austin TX

Apparently some users can't see the austin thread. Please post your reviews here and I will merge the threads when the problem is fixed.

Thanks for your patience.
deps
11-15-2007, 01:48 PM

Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
flood
rosetta stoned
schism
wings
lateralus

i think this is the right setlist...

ONe thing must be said. Schism live is an amazing feat. Maynards vocals throughout the track is amazing because of the synthesized voice-over. I tried to get a good look to see what he was using for this but i couldn't get a good view with my binoculars. If anyone knows of this machine let me know, because i think i might know what it is...

they are an amazing live band and i want to thank tool for putting on a massive show. I'm not just talking about the 4 members of the band but also the lighting crew and the stage crew because without them, it would just be 4 guys on stage doing what every other band does.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:48 PM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
flood
rosetta stoned
schism
wings
lateralus

ONe thing must be said. Schism live is an amazing feat. Maynards vocals throughout the track is amazing because of the synthesized voice-over. I tried to get a good look to see what he was using for this but i couldn't get a good view with my binoculars. If anyone knows of this machine let me know, because i think i might know what it is...

they are an amazing live band and i want to thank tool for putting on a massive show. I'm not just talking about the 4 members of the band but also the lighting crew and the stage crew because without them, it would just be 4 guys on stage doing what every other band does.
Futant3's Avatar Futant3
11-15-2007, 02:15 PM

That setlist needs to have schism and flood switched in the order and vicarious added to the bottom.

Great show last night. Was sitting right next to the soundboard so it was the perfect view: unobstructed, good sound, straight on so you could see everything. They've added/mixed around/changed some of the lighting and video projections just enough that I paid more attention to the visuals again. The sound mix was pretty good, Maynard's vocals drowned out at times and there were a couple of times that I would have preferred the highs to be turned down a little. Overall good though and it was one of the louder concerts I've seen them do.

Band's performance was very energetic and powerful, not the cleanest but still very good. It was a good mix of energy and technical correctness if you ask me. I was pleased with the venue and it was one of the better crowds, very respectful.

Highlights: good 20 minute rendition of Lateralus (the guest drummer seemed to have some skills), and Flood (haven't heard it since Lateralus tour), band's refreshed energy
Old 11-15-2007, 02:15 PM   #4
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

That setlist needs to have schism and flood switched in the order and vicarious added to the bottom.

Great show last night. Was sitting right next to the soundboard so it was the perfect view: unobstructed, good sound, straight on so you could see everything. They've added/mixed around/changed some of the lighting and video projections just enough that I paid more attention to the visuals again. The sound mix was pretty good, Maynard's vocals drowned out at times and there were a couple of times that I would have preferred the highs to be turned down a little. Overall good though and it was one of the louder concerts I've seen them do.

Band's performance was very energetic and powerful, not the cleanest but still very good. It was a good mix of energy and technical correctness if you ask me. I was pleased with the venue and it was one of the better crowds, very respectful.

Highlights: good 20 minute rendition of Lateralus (the guest drummer seemed to have some skills), and Flood (haven't heard it since Lateralus tour), band's refreshed energy
11-15-2007, 07:44 PM

im seeing the 2 night stand in Vegas. seen this tour twice now. luckily in ATL we got pushit, and in evansville flood. but nothing different. i would kill for Aenima or the pot!
Old 11-15-2007, 07:44 PM   #5
Level 2 - Poster

im seeing the 2 night stand in Vegas. seen this tour twice now. luckily in ATL we got pushit, and in evansville flood. but nothing different. i would kill for Aenima or the pot!
OFFLINE |  
carsonh76's Avatar carsonh76
11-15-2007, 07:46 PM

do they come out after the show if you chill by the bus?
Old 11-15-2007, 07:46 PM   #6
Level 2 - Poster

OFFLINE |  
plexus's Avatar plexus
11-15-2007, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsonh76 View Post
no. they dont.

p.s. this show rocked my face to the floor.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:50 PM   #7
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 17

Quote:
no. they dont.

p.s. this show rocked my face to the floor.
OFFLINE |  
Puck3tt
11-15-2007, 09:54 PM

Who is opening for Tool this tour?
Old 11-15-2007, 09:54 PM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

OFFLINE |  
nkazoura
11-15-2007, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deps View Post
Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
flood
rosetta stoned
schism
wings
lateralus

he's probably using a phase shifter to add the lower harmony
Old 11-15-2007, 10:11 PM   #9
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by deps View Post
Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
flood
rosetta stoned
schism
wings
lateralus

he's probably using a phase shifter to add the lower harmony
OFFLINE |  
dave-tx
11-16-2007, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by operativex View Post
Anyone else hear the "WOO HOO!" out of Maynard early in the show? Possibly during Rosetta Stoned?
Yes, it was during Rosetta Stoned - which, despite being my favorite song on 10k, has been disappointing to me the last few times live.

I thought this was a solid show, one of the better ones from this tour (extending back to last year) that I've seen. It was great to see Flood, I think that was a first for me. The double-time bridge of Schism really surprised me, I hadn't heard that before - very, very cool.

Despite Bozzio's reputation as a percussionist, I thought he looked pretty much lost during the Lateralus drum segment. It didn't help that his drums weren't mic'ed properly, but he seemed tentative and unwilling to attack it.

EDIT: I meant to add that I enjoyed the opening act, Trans Am. They had some interesting material and some interesting combinations of instruments - one song featured the two non-drummers playing basses. Neat. I'm always one to recommend getting to the show in time to see the opening act, and this is no exception.

Last edited by dave-tx; 11-16-2007 at 05:09 AM..
Old 11-16-2007, 04:25 AM   #10
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by operativex View Post
Anyone else hear the "WOO HOO!" out of Maynard early in the show? Possibly during Rosetta Stoned?
Yes, it was during Rosetta Stoned - which, despite being my favorite song on 10k, has been disappointing to me the last few times live.

I thought this was a solid show, one of the better ones from this tour (extending back to last year) that I've seen. It was great to see Flood, I think that was a first for me. The double-time bridge of Schism really surprised me, I hadn't heard that before - very, very cool.

Despite Bozzio's reputation as a percussionist, I thought he looked pretty much lost during the Lateralus drum segment. It didn't help that his drums weren't mic'ed properly, but he seemed tentative and unwilling to attack it.

EDIT: I meant to add that I enjoyed the opening act, Trans Am. They had some interesting material and some interesting combinations of instruments - one song featured the two non-drummers playing basses. Neat. I'm always one to recommend getting to the show in time to see the opening act, and this is no exception.

Last edited by dave-tx; 11-16-2007 at 05:09 AM..
OFFLINE |  
bluenote's Avatar bluenote
11-16-2007, 05:44 AM

"woo hoo" and the "hello Austin, it's damn good to be back. don't get too drunk yet, we have a long way to go". priceless. He also slipped in "Texas" towards the end of Stinkfist as he dropped "the devil" in the same line back at SMU. Very enjoyable performance.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:44 AM   #11
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

"woo hoo" and the "hello Austin, it's damn good to be back. don't get too drunk yet, we have a long way to go". priceless. He also slipped in "Texas" towards the end of Stinkfist as he dropped "the devil" in the same line back at SMU. Very enjoyable performance.
OFFLINE |  
kcleveland
11-16-2007, 05:46 AM

Fifth time for me on this long tour....Awesome as always! Everything was perfect - love the differences with the visuals, videos, etc. The guys were spot on, so tight, focused! I have been to hundreds of concerts I have seen everyone from A to Z and most bands numerous times....but it is a little bit hard to describe but TOOL is another level on intensity - just so powerful! FLOOD was incredible - they all were incredible.

A live album and/or a concert DVD from these guys would be so great....they do not need any "help" at all in searing memories into my mind but my kids/kids are going to need TOOL!
Old 11-16-2007, 05:46 AM   #12
Level 3 - Talker

Fifth time for me on this long tour....Awesome as always! Everything was perfect - love the differences with the visuals, videos, etc. The guys were spot on, so tight, focused! I have been to hundreds of concerts I have seen everyone from A to Z and most bands numerous times....but it is a little bit hard to describe but TOOL is another level on intensity - just so powerful! FLOOD was incredible - they all were incredible.

A live album and/or a concert DVD from these guys would be so great....they do not need any "help" at all in searing memories into my mind but my kids/kids are going to need TOOL!
OFFLINE |  
bluenote's Avatar bluenote
11-16-2007, 06:22 AM

This was also the first, of the now four times, on this tour I have seen where they didn't take their break on MJK's riser. Instead going back stage. Watching Danny and Justin was amazing. MJK seemed energetic and active to me. Good vocals and mix from up high. The reflections and projections on the stage are gorgeous.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:22 AM   #13

This was also the first, of the now four times, on this tour I have seen where they didn't take their break on MJK's riser. Instead going back stage. Watching Danny and Justin was amazing. MJK seemed energetic and active to me. Good vocals and mix from up high. The reflections and projections on the stage are gorgeous.
OFFLINE |  
r6isnum1's Avatar r6isnum1
11-16-2007, 06:50 AM

Quote:
you're lucky man... i saw them four times last time around so i saw the pot and Ænema a few times... they ended up playing pushit and flood right after all the shows i made it out to... finally i got lucky and got to see flood, one of my favorties...
Old 11-16-2007, 06:50 AM   #14
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
you're lucky man... i saw them four times last time around so i saw the pot and Ænema a few times... they ended up playing pushit and flood right after all the shows i made it out to... finally i got lucky and got to see flood, one of my favorties...
11-16-2007, 09:21 AM

Optimus Prime's band opened up and then Tool played the normal shit and FLOOD !!!!! highlights: the loud sound system and flood
Old 11-16-2007, 09:21 AM   #15

Optimus Prime's band opened up and then Tool played the normal shit and FLOOD !!!!! highlights: the loud sound system and flood
11-16-2007, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck3tt View Post
Trans Am

www.myspace.com/transbandspace
09.08.01 06.15.07 06.17.07 06.23.07 06.29.07 08.07.09 08.08.09 06.25.10 06.26.10 01.24.12 02.04.12 06.23.12 01.22.16 01.23.16 06.07.17 06.08.17 05.20.18 05.08.19 11.02.19 01.29.20 03.04.22 03.18.22 05.25.23

Last edited by tooldude; 11-16-2007 at 12:05 PM..
Old 11-16-2007, 12:02 PM   #16
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck3tt View Post
Trans Am

www.myspace.com/transbandspace
09.08.01 06.15.07 06.17.07 06.23.07 06.29.07 08.07.09 08.08.09 06.25.10 06.26.10 01.24.12 02.04.12 06.23.12 01.22.16 01.23.16 06.07.17 06.08.17 05.20.18 05.08.19 11.02.19 01.29.20 03.04.22 03.18.22 05.25.23

Last edited by tooldude; 11-16-2007 at 12:05 PM..
OFFLINE |  
K1DA
11-16-2007, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6isnum1 View Post
This is my story as well.
But this show, Wow. The best I've seen. The highlights for me:
The sound - Absolutely amazing, a couple times the vocals were drowned out slightly but that was like, twice, other than that the levels of all the members and sound, from the top balcany 1st row on the side, was perfect.
Energy - The most I've seen from the band on this tour from the 5 shows I've seen and the countless bootlegs. Adam was rocking out a few times!!!
Flood - Amazing performance and visuals
Wings - Favorite performance of this I've seen, maybe of any song I've seen. Visuals seemed much better too.
Lateralus - The jam blew me away, Bozzio didn't sound too shabby either.

This tour is going to be epic
Old 11-16-2007, 04:00 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6isnum1 View Post
The sound - Absolutely amazing, a couple times the vocals were drowned out slightly but that was like, twice, other than that the levels of all the members and sound, from the top balcany 1st row on the side, was perfect.
Energy - The most I've seen from the band on this tour from the 5 shows I've seen and the countless bootlegs. Adam was rocking out a few times!!!
Wings - Favorite performance of this I've seen, maybe of any song I've seen. Visuals seemed much better too.

OFFLINE |  
rayro38
11-17-2007, 09:25 AM

I drove 800 miles for this show. I wasnt dissapointed. My seats werent great to get the best sound, but I had a great view of the top of the stage and the band. Highlights of the show: 46n2, Flood and the extended Schism. I have never seen such a powerful band to audience connection at any concert.

Looking foreward to their Dec 11 show in San Francisco.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:25 AM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

I drove 800 miles for this show. I wasnt dissapointed. My seats werent great to get the best sound, but I had a great view of the top of the stage and the band. Highlights of the show: 46n2, Flood and the extended Schism. I have never seen such a powerful band to audience connection at any concert.

Looking foreward to their Dec 11 show in San Francisco.
OFFLINE |  
r6isnum1's Avatar r6isnum1
11-18-2007, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1DA View Post

i agree with you on that... the sound and energy were probably the best i had ever seen...

is there any audio/video recordings of the show...
Old 11-18-2007, 12:24 PM   #19
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1DA View Post

i agree with you on that... the sound and energy were probably the best i had ever seen...

is there any audio/video recordings of the show...
11-21-2007, 03:24 PM

Does anyone have information on the images that were showing on the stage? There appeared to be 2 molecular structures revolving under Adam and Justin. There was also a mandala that looked like a combination of the FOL and Metatron's cube. THe entire symbol was not visible due to the Maynard's and Adam's stages.

Thanks for any info, leads, etc...

Awesome show!
Old 11-21-2007, 03:24 PM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

Does anyone have information on the images that were showing on the stage? There appeared to be 2 molecular structures revolving under Adam and Justin. There was also a mandala that looked like a combination of the FOL and Metatron's cube. THe entire symbol was not visible due to the Maynard's and Adam's stages.

Thanks for any info, leads, etc...

Awesome show!
OFFLINE |  
americanhyena's Avatar americanhyena
11-25-2007, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayro38 View Post
I drove 800 miles for this show.
Wow, my 230 mile drive now seems so meager.. lol.

I was a bit disappointed though, mostly at the crowd around me. They all seemed really dead. I dunno.. the show just wasn't as good as the others I have seen. Flood was amazing and made up for the rest of the show being not so great. I wish they wouldn't open with Jambi.

I actually couldn't hear Maynard very well.. I really wanted to just walk up on stage and turn up his microphone, lol. Might have been cause I was right in front of the stage on the floor though.

Did anyone else from here wander down the street to the bars after the show? There was like tons of people in this group that I was walking with. We looked like zombies yo. Tool zombies invading Austin.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:18 PM   #21
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayro38 View Post
I drove 800 miles for this show.

I was a bit disappointed though, mostly at the crowd around me. They all seemed really dead. I dunno.. the show just wasn't as good as the others I have seen. Flood was amazing and made up for the rest of the show being not so great. I wish they wouldn't open with Jambi.

I actually couldn't hear Maynard very well.. I really wanted to just walk up on stage and turn up his microphone, lol. Might have been cause I was right in front of the stage on the floor though.

Did anyone else from here wander down the street to the bars after the show? There was like tons of people in this group that I was walking with. We looked like zombies yo. Tool zombies invading Austin.
OFFLINE |  
Thirdeye11
11-27-2007, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanhyena View Post

I sat on the floor 18 rows back from the stage dead center, and the sound has never been better at any Tool show I've seen. This was my 10th Tool show dating back to 1997.

Jambi seems to work as an opener at least in my opinion. I had some cool guys next to me (One was named Trey) and a blind guy behind me. The crowd was extremely respectful and the connection between the band/audience was great. I drove down from Dallas, and this was my favorite show since 2002. Maynard's voice was obviously fresh, and he sounded better than the last 3 or 4 shows I've seen in 2006-7. I think it being the first stop on the tour helped.

Anyway there is probably at least 1 audio recording of this show because of someone I know that attended and typically tapes, but I wouldn't know how to get a copy so please don't contact me looking for one.

I am glad this is the last of their touring before they work on their next (and perhaps final) album because I just can't see this tired setlist again.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:18 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanhyena View Post

I sat on the floor 18 rows back from the stage dead center, and the sound has never been better at any Tool show I've seen. This was my 10th Tool show dating back to 1997.

Jambi seems to work as an opener at least in my opinion. I had some cool guys next to me (One was named Trey) and a blind guy behind me. The crowd was extremely respectful and the connection between the band/audience was great. I drove down from Dallas, and this was my favorite show since 2002. Maynard's voice was obviously fresh, and he sounded better than the last 3 or 4 shows I've seen in 2006-7. I think it being the first stop on the tour helped.

Anyway there is probably at least 1 audio recording of this show because of someone I know that attended and typically tapes, but I wouldn't know how to get a copy so please don't contact me looking for one.

I am glad this is the last of their touring before they work on their next (and perhaps final) album because I just can't see this tired setlist again.
OFFLINE |  
mmontoya36
12-06-2007, 01:59 PM

My response is late, for some reason there was no place to click for reviews.

Great fuckin show... I ve seen them 3 times on this tour and this by far was the best! I was on row 22 sec 41. Got the best of both worlds, Maynards vocals sounded great as the rest of the sound.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:59 PM   #23
Level 2 - Poster

My response is late, for some reason there was no place to click for reviews.

Great fuckin show... I ve seen them 3 times on this tour and this by far was the best! I was on row 22 sec 41. Got the best of both worlds, Maynards vocals sounded great as the rest of the sound.
OFFLINE |  
rockusJ
12-07-2007, 10:58 PM

you know what? after seeing them 6 times this tour, and following them since 1992, i'm afraid we may have seen them for the last time. sure hope i'm wrong. there is no equal to tool live.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:58 PM   #24
Level 4 - Thinker

you know what? after seeing them 6 times this tour, and following them since 1992, i'm afraid we may have seen them for the last time. sure hope i'm wrong. there is no equal to tool live.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply