opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Opiate » 2. Hush
User Name
Password
Old 09-05-2005, 01:21 PM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 529
What this song means to me...

In my opinion, Hush is about saying what's on your mind and regretting it when you experience the consequences of certain "bad" things you say. Maynard wants to shut up, but at the same time, he wishes that the things he said were not taken as seriously as they were. When Maynard realizes that he sucks at thinking before speaking, he just goes wild and says fuck you to everyone on a rampage.

What do you think about that? :-\
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 01:27 PM   #2
Banned.

Bincount™: 2701
Re: What this song means to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by killershears
In my opinion, Hush is about saying what's on your mind and regretting it when you experience the consequences of certain "bad" things you say. Maynard wants to shut up, but at the same time, he wishes that the things he said were not taken as seriously as they were. When Maynard realizes that he sucks at thinking before speaking, he just goes wild and says fuck you to everyone on a rampage.

What do you think about that? :-\
dont think so

just think mjk is talking about censorship and how it sucks

and how literal everyone takes everything

people should lighten up i guess is what hes saying

"i cant say what i want to even if im not serious"

pretty self explanitory....someone/society/rules set moral standards and i think hes also talking about the 1st amendment basically saying Freedom of speech is being taken away from me even if what im saying is just said in a joking manner
Old 02-23-2006, 10:14 AM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

^ Agreed, though I also think, to some extent, it's about conformity.

I never thought about the 'everyone taking things too literally'... I think that's a good point as well. For example, Cannibal Corpse writing some violent-ass lyrics and people taking them seriously. Yep, I gotcha. Thanks for opening my eyes to that aspect.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:58 PM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8

Gonna have to agree with both of yous.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:39 PM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

hush....
i can say what i want to, even if im not serious.
selfish.
truth is words are words but most of the time they influence other peoples perceptions of who we are much more so than what we do.
maybe he should have added another line in the song saying that he can say what he wants to even if he's not serious, but choosing when to exercise that right is equally important.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:00 PM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3208

HAHAHAHA

Two people got banned...
Old 11-24-2006, 01:15 PM   #7
Banned.

Bincount™: 4277

i think this song relates to the danish famous "mohammed" crisis. we can't say what we want to, even if we're not serious.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:49 PM   #8
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 5

ok, well me and my friends get in alot of trouble for saying "things that are innaporiate", these things have to do with everything from religion to sexual prefrence, honestly when we begin to be so careful about "bad" words, or sketchy topics and avoid them so they dont "intoxicate our lives" as people seem to think, they still control us, I have one word for everyone that would really save the world from hate, war, and racism, ..."CHILL", if we could all learn to this then the world would be better off, i do understand that certan things should be taken seriously but modern people, specifically americans, have got thier priorities messed up, if they would stop worrying so much about poitnlees things and focus on the real problems that affect us all we all be better off, the old school yard saying " sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" that is honeslty the most childish and most brilliant saying ever, words dont hurt, people escalate those words TO hurt, so actually when somones attacking me about saying somthing MEAN or INSENSITIVE, there the ones casuing the real damge, and the sooner everyone relizes there taking life to seriously the sooner real living begins, life is meant to be had and we dont have very long here so shut up have some fun and make jokes, only idiots who are to high and mighty cant laugh at themselves

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: