opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Opiate » 2. Hush
User Name
Password
Old 08-04-2005, 05:43 AM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
deeper meaning

I think Maynard always finds a way to make a song introspective, including this one.
"fuck yourself, you piece of shit, why don't you go and kill yourself"
-The internal snake is telling him this.
And when he says he's not serious, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's a joke. It could be that he could say something like "I'm going to kill myself" and not actually do it. It's just a feeling, not a reality.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:41 PM   #2
Level 2 - Poster

Re: deeper meaning

i see it as a big middle finger to the fuckers that take every god damn thing serious. As the performance at JC dobbs in 92, Maynard throws up a big ol' middle finger. haha. and the "go fuck yourself" and the preceding lines, arent a joke, They should go Fuck and kill themselves.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:45 PM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusH.Christ View Post
i see it as a big middle finger to the fuckers that take every god damn thing serious. As the performance at JC dobbs in 92, Maynard throws up a big ol' middle finger. haha. and the "go fuck yourself" and the preceding lines, arent a joke, They should go Fuck and kill themselves.
Haha. I wish i could have been at that show. I've probably watched the whole thing 100 times on youtube... but you never know with maynard. It could have a meaning other than the obvious but for the most part lets stick with saying its about giving a big middle finger to all the fuckers in the world... and hoping they go and kill themselves
Old 08-15-2010, 01:58 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Its really tough when you say "fuck yourself, you piece of shit, why don't you go and kill yourself" to imply anything other than that. or for it to mean anything other than that. Hush is just an awsome song to be taken for face value. if you dont then ur calling a nickel a quarter, regardless the cashier is gonna look at you funny.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: