opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 15. Third Eye
User Name
Password
Old 05-11-2008, 11:04 AM   #1
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 483
its obvious

read section 5.11:

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/...perience.shtml

...clearly the answer
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:26 PM   #2
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: its obvious

Three eyes are better than two.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:37 PM   #3
seeyouauntie

Bincount™: 8695

cool read, i had a very similar experience happen to me one morning when i was inbetween awake consciousness and asleep consciousness. I was trying to have and OBE on saturday morning, and my whole body vibrated, i remember looking out my window but my vision was very off. My eyes were closed, but i could still see in this weird typical psychedelic color scheme, close to a film negative but way more vibrant. It was quite memorable and when i opened my physical eyes, i could see this odd pattern on my wall that morphed, it was such a cool experience because i was totally sober. The power of ones mind is so great.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:43 PM   #4
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 480

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carny_Handles View Post
cool read, i had a very similar experience happen to me one morning when i was inbetween awake consciousness and asleep consciousness. I was trying to have and OBE on saturday morning, and my whole body vibrated, i remember looking out my window but my vision was very off. My eyes were closed, but i could still see in this weird typical psychedelic color scheme, close to a film negative but way more vibrant. It was quite memorable and when i opened my physical eyes, i could see this odd pattern on my wall that morphed, it was such a cool experience because i was totally sober. The power of ones mind is so great.
How does one try to have an OBE?
Old 05-24-2008, 05:09 PM   #5
seeyouauntie

Bincount™: 8695

Honestly it has been so long I forgot some details. I remember it taking awhile to finally be successful, I started by doing alot of research on line about various techniques etc.

The things i recall though are:

1.) Try to have an OBE after a good nights sleep, that way you're less likely to fall asleep while in that state of relaxation.

2.) Remember to keep an image in your minds eye of what you look like laying there.

3.) when you start to feel your body vibrate, your physical body is in a state of paralysis, dont be concerned, just remember you cannot physically move, so while in this stage in order to separate your spiritual being from the physical it takes a bit of concentration and trust that you wont fling yourself on the floor. While in this phase i remember trying to physically throw my spiritual body away from the physical.. all i did was try to roll out of bed forcefully, and that is usually enough to break away somewhat. However some people's spirit are attached at various points on their body, for me i remember being attached at my 3rd eye or crown chakra and in a comedic fashion i had my physical body laying on my bed face up, while my spiritual body was attached at a 90 degree angle upwards feet first towards the celing attached to my head.

lastly, i want to emphasize that it takes alot of patience, and practice, but it is well worth it to experience that reality.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:13 PM   #6
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 480

Sounds similar to the process required for lucid dreaming. Or is it a part of the same thing? I stopped reading about it a while ago after getting old hag'd.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:26 PM   #7
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 483

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carny_Handles View Post
Honestly it has been so long I forgot some details. I remember it taking awhile to finally be successful, I started by doing alot of research on line about various techniques etc.

The things i recall though are:

1.) Try to have an OBE after a good nights sleep, that way you're less likely to fall asleep while in that state of relaxation.

2.) Remember to keep an image in your minds eye of what you look like laying there.

3.) when you start to feel your body vibrate, your physical body is in a state of paralysis, dont be concerned, just remember you cannot physically move, so while in this stage in order to separate your spiritual being from the physical it takes a bit of concentration and trust that you wont fling yourself on the floor. While in this phase i remember trying to physically throw my spiritual body away from the physical.. all i did was try to roll out of bed forcefully, and that is usually enough to break away somewhat. However some people's spirit are attached at various points on their body, for me i remember being attached at my 3rd eye or crown chakra and in a comedic fashion i had my physical body laying on my bed face up, while my spiritual body was attached at a 90 degree angle upwards feet first towards the celing attached to my head.

lastly, i want to emphasize that it takes alot of patience, and practice, but it is well worth it to experience that reality.
...or you can drink a shit load of robotussin
Old 05-26-2008, 09:24 AM   #8
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by theamazingtool View Post
...or you can drink a shit load of robotussin
I like this idea better.

*storms out of the house to get some robotussin*
Old 08-16-2008, 05:11 PM   #9