opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: May-July 2006
User Name
Password
Old 05-11-2006, 02:52 PM   #41
Introverted Extrovert

Bincount™: 6698
Re: 2006/05/10 - Denver, CO - Temple Buell Theatre

Was it just me, or did everyone have every hair on their bodies stand on end? Not just from the experience, but from Danny's bass drums? Literally vibrating.

And I thought The Patient was much heavier live than the studio version. It seemed like almost every older song was extended, if only for a minute or so.

I loved the visuals, particularly in Jambi, with the eyes, "Shine until the two become one" that was kick ass. Gave the song a whole new meaning for me. And if everyone sang "Breathe in union" with Maynard, we would all be breathing in union for that moment.

Wonder how long the Buell will smell like a skunk? :o)

I'm still vibrating.....still taking in the experience.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-11-2006, 03:07 PM   #42
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzazelTheGoat
Secondly, who made the shirt with the protest phrase on the back? I should have spoken to you at greater length, but I was focused on getting inside. I felt like a sellout for buying a ticket and not bringing a sign, but you made up for it! Thanks for making my evening that much cooler.

Hi, that was me with the t-shirt that used your quote "The best seats in hell are reserved for scalpers." Thanks for the inspiration!

This is my first post actually, I am one of those voyeur-type lurkers. Actually, I don't have internet access at home right now, which makes it hard to keep up with messages. But I wanted to say hello...So, Hi to everyone else too!

The show was awesome... easily worth the excessive amount of money I spent to get there! I have NEVER been to a show in my life where everyone there seemed to be so excited and grateful just to be there! That was the best part for me... just to know that the place was full of people who are just as "into it" as I was!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-11-2006, 06:35 PM   #43
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanb
Also to all the assholes who wouldn't stop screaming when the band didn't come out at exactly 7:30...I'm not even sure why you came to the show, just relax, take it all in, and enjoy the moment next time.
Show was supposed to start at 8:00. Doors were at 7:30. They came out at 7:50. So, actually, they came out early.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-11-2006, 07:13 PM   #44
Introverted Extrovert

Doors were actually at 6:30, and according to one of the elderly ushers, they told me the show was supposed to start at 7:30.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-11-2006, 08:45 PM   #45
Level 1 - Lurker

Quick Cinderella Story!!!!

I was the guy with the "TOOL needs ticktet" sign hanging around my neck who trolled the area in front of the Buell starting around 4:45 to show time. Very few scalpers even approaced with the lowest price even offered at $275. I only put $120 into my pocket before I arrived, figuring this would cover cost of ticket, handling charge, and love money for the kind fan to buy a T-Shirt. Of course when I gave the counter offer of $120 I was laughed off. I hung around until the show started and just then I finally cashed in on my good Karma!

The bands promoter (I remember his first name was Doug but the last name escapes me), approached me and says "It looks like your sign worked, your going to the show". At first I asked how much he wanted for the ticket and he said "Nothing" and that is when he told me who he was. I honestly had to wipe away the tears as I was heading for the door to get in. That angel put me center stage on the 3rd row!!!!! Thank you TOOL and Management/Producers for giving me the night of my life. I did hear other great stories from people getting great deals on tickets. In the future I will always buy an extra ticket to give to a TOOL fan, keep my Karma flow positive. Of course it goes without saying it was the concert of my life!!!

Preictal
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-11-2006, 08:57 PM   #46
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preictal
Quick Cinderella Story!!!!

I was the guy with the "TOOL needs ticktet" sign hanging around my neck who trolled the area in front of the Buell starting around 4:45 to show time. Very few scalpers even approaced with the lowest price even offered at $275. I only put $120 into my pocket before I arrived, figuring this would cover cost of ticket, handling charge, and love money for the kind fan to buy a T-Shirt. Of course when I gave the counter offer of $120 I was laughed off. I hung around until the show started and just then I finally cashed in on my good Karma!

The bands promoter (I remember his first name was Doug but the last name escapes me), approached me and says "It looks like your sign worked, your going to the show". At first I asked how much he wanted for the ticket and he said "Nothing" and that is when he told me who he was. I honestly had to wipe away the tears as I was heading for the door to get in. That angel put me center stage on the 3rd row!!!!! Thank you TOOL and Management/Producers for giving me the night of my life. I did hear other great stories from people getting great deals on tickets. In the future I will always buy an extra ticket to give to a TOOL fan, keep my Karma flow positive. Of course it goes without saying it was the concert of my life!!!

Preictal

We were close to maybe having an extra ticket and my girlfriend and I had decided that if it came through we would have sold it to you for face value. Unfortunately we didn't get the ticket and weren't able to help out. I'm glad you got in and also that you got awesome seats to boot.

Karl
11.15.96, 11.19.96, 03.04.97, 07.04.97, 07.15.97, 07.16.97, 07.18.97, 07.20.97, 07.22.97, 07.26.97, 07.14.98, 07.15.98, 07.21.98, 07.22.98, 07.23.98, 05.18.01, 07.01.01, 09.07.07, 09.08.01, 09.15.01, 09.16.01, 07.19.02, 08.30.02, 09.01.02, 10.18.02, 05.10.06, 08.30.06, 6.28.10, 6.29.10
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-11-2006, 08:57 PM   #47
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preictal

Preictal
Pay it forward. I'm glad to hear that things worked out so well. It was really tough to see so many fans outside hungry for the Tool experience, knowing well that few of them would make it past that hallowed threshold. Good to hear a happy story.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:59 PM   #48
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Is anyone else's neck (or other part of body) ridiculously sore due to headbanging or just intense movement in general?

...Maybe it's just me. :(
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-11-2006, 09:18 PM   #49
Introverted Extrovert

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacruz6
Is anyone else's neck (or other part of body) ridiculously sore due to headbanging or just intense movement in general?

...Maybe it's just me. :(

It's not just you...and I didn't even bang my head that much. (or so I thought). I mostly danced, but I cannot do enough heat or take enough medication to make this stiffness better. Maybe a massage would help?
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-11-2006, 09:35 PM   #50
Level 1 - Lurker

Preictal,

We felt so bad for you standing there with your sign. The enthusiasm of the crowd for this event was intense and epidemic. It was surreal seeing the contrasting highs and lows of the haves and have-nots. I thought about it a lot while standing in line.

Before the concert we were standing inside on the mezzanine level sadly observing people outside still searching for tickets. I mentioned to our group that I remembered in the Zeppelin Song Remains The Same movie when some cops let a couple of kids (who didn't have tickets) into the back of Madison Square Garden for free. Good times.

I am incredibly touched to hear your story of admission. Thanks for sharing it with us. I hope you'll never forget that, and pay it forward (as someone else said). After the concert (during the spontaneous uproars outside) my daughter screamed out proclaiming she "loved these people!" There was a huge sense of community and inter-group appreciation for each other. Dude, we're ALL GLAD YOU MADE IT IN!

murphy

Last edited by murphy; 05-11-2006 at 09:47 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-11-2006, 10:05 PM   #51
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladycommish
It's not just you...and I didn't even bang my head that much. (or so I thought). I mostly danced, but I cannot do enough heat or take enough medication to make this stiffness better. Maybe a massage would help?
iI'm a little drunk right now so I think it's appropriate if I pull off this stunt!!

*rubs shoulders*

Hope that helped!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-12-2006, 12:55 AM   #52
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinDieselFiesta
were you the maynard wannabe in the red pants, no shirt, painted blue?
No ma'am, I was not. He left about half way through the show.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-12-2006, 07:43 AM   #53
Level 1 - Lurker

Ok, here is my review of the show(4th show):

Start'd off goood, had some drinks, unfortunately I had to a pay
a scappler 180 dollars, which actually turn out to be a pretty decent
seat(HLB SEAT302 it was one of those box sets on the left hand side on the top)
only if I could see Maynard! The damn speakers on left hand side block me from seeing Maynard, but I was directly over Adam!

Anyways just 2 complaint, got inline bout 7:34
right when I got in which was about 7:50 freak'n TOOL went on. There was probably still 100+ people still waiting to get in. Man I was sooo pissed because I knew they where going to play Lost Keys>Rosetta Stoned.

I rushed around like a chicken with his head cutt-off,1st time going to the
Temple Buell Theatre, so I didnt know where shit was. I rushed upto the top floor,
got in line to get some water at the bar, which took forever. Asked oneof the rusher to quickly sell me some water, he denied me said I had to wait in line. While waiting inline the went into Stinkfist.

Finally got the water, then realized I needed to snatch a poster before the sell out, which they did by the end of the show. I read previous post where they sold out like hot cakes. I bought 2 and ran back to the top. Of course they started to go into The Pot, which was another new song I wanted to hear.

Usher took me down to where my seat was. I was pretty surprise how good the box seat was.

Only other complaint was I couldnt see Marynard due to the speakers they had haning on the left side, but I was right over Adam, which he ripped it up. I was'nt able to see The Pot. They went into 46&2 which was awesome, sounds like this song gets better everytime I see themalong with Sober aswell.

They went into a jam out version of Jambi, which was another good song live. I don't understandwhy sooo many people are hating or dissing on the new album or the songs being play'ed live. I think the new songs rock live.

Highlights from the show where: Jambi, EBA>The Patient, Lateralis, and Vicarious!

Also there was a lot of jamming which I really liked too, The short jam they where
doing before Vicarious, I swear I heard a couple teases of No Quarter or maybe I was too faded. Adam messed up a few times during a few songs other then that he was on the spot.

Danny drum solo was bad ass! Justin Just ripped it up on the bass all night long. I had a prefect view of Adam literally standing above him and Justin and Danny. I was able to see Maynard a few
times aswell.

Great Performance! and they get better live everytime I've see them. Can't wait til the fall.

Usefull_IdioT+++...Spiral out...

P.S. If any wants to make me a decent offer on a poster, my email is in my profile
/ Divide, I wither away]
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-12-2006, 07:57 AM   #54
Level 1 - Lurker

ever since I found out about tool they've been an increasing positive influence in my life. the more i know about them the more I like and appreciate their music. this was my third tool show and it was absolutely amazing. Just going into the show you could tell how awesome the crowd was and once I was in side the theatre i couldn't believe the setting. I was somehow lucky enough to get ticekts online when they were first released, lower D row B. The crowd kept doing random yelling and i got so pumped up for the show and when tool finally came out the feeling was so intense i actually cried a little. I'm glad to see that someone else had tears in their eyes at some point in the show. appreciating this band as much as I do and getting to see them in a setting like this was just the coolest thing that I could ever ask for. I loved how everyone was so into the music and the encore screaming was insane. thanks for being such cool people (and really lucky people) and making an amazing band in an awesome setting that much better.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-12-2006, 08:38 AM   #55
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladycommish
I took six ibuprofen and a Naoproxen (sp?), a prescription drug I am NOT on, to help yesterday. I have used two massage machines, heat, cold, a natural lavender remedy, and NOTHING IS WORKING!!! Good luck, let me know if you figure out something haha. I think I need a mixture of a chiropractor and a massuse (again, sp?). It was worth it though.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-12-2006, 02:38 PM   #56
Level 4 - Thinker

great show, but so goddamn short. Can't wait for them to come back and play a REAL TOOL SET when it gets really amazing. Maynard looked insane with his spiky mowhawk from the balcony.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-12-2006, 02:48 PM   #57
Level 1 - Lurker

ALL OF YOU SUCK!! I saw this show and was just as amazed as all of you were - But the best part was, me and my girl hung out by their tour buses for 3 hours in the cold with no jackets after the show. I saw Adam just as he got on his and missed the chance (I was AMAZED, their were only 7 of us out there along with the chick who jumped on stage - If you were with me, Whats up fellas!! Im the one with the Goatee!) but then Danny Carrey and Justin Chancellor came out! We aksed if theyd mind signing and Danny said "I have to get a purple pen!" Justin stood out and shook everyones hand and talked with us for a sec before Danny came back and with a purple sharpy and told us "Dont be afraid of my bling" pointing to a flashing pot leaf necklace that he said Adam had given him for his birthday, then started signing. My girlfriend asked Danny to sign her shirt that she was wearing and told him he could grope them if he wanted, which he did (TOTALLY ok with me man!) and then told us "Id fuck those!" My girlfriend was so excited she almost feinted, and Justin asked her "Are you ok?" She could barely get the words out and asked him to also sign her shirt which he did. I shook both their hands again and thanked them for everything and told them how cool it was of them to come talk and sign. Cooler than I ever could have imagined them being and very down to earth. Then they left! Funny story about Maynard too - We were by the buses from the second the show was over and never saw him - However, about an hour after the show, a Firetruck pulled up and picked up a Fireman wearing a cowboy hat - Did maynard slip away? Maybe, but I dont care, because I got to meet Danny Carrey and Justin Chancellor!!! BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-12-2006, 07:41 PM   #58
Level 1 - Lurker

So was it me or did anyone else notice the top balcony bouncing like a trampoline during the concert? It was very surreal listening to Tool while the earth moved. Overall I thought it was a very tight show. I must say that it ranks up there as the top show that I have seen. Maybe we will get lucky when they come around again and get to see them at Red Rocks. 10,000 days would be sick there.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-13-2006, 08:05 AM   #59
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMnOtIhsuP
Hi, that was me with the t-shirt that used your quote "The best seats in hell are reserved for scalpers." Thanks for the inspiration!
Too funny. I pointed your shirt out to my buddy as we were heading in the doors. You were in line a few people in front of me.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-13-2006, 01:54 PM   #60
Introverted Extrovert

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacruz6
I love Tool and I love their fans, but I was getting irritated during the show. The guy next to me ONLY knew "Shit the bed" from Rosetta Stoned so he SCREAMED it. He also screamed during Aenima, Stinkfist, and Sober, and probably other times as well.
The guy behind me obviously LOVED The Paitent, as that is the only song I noticably heard him sing/scream to badly out of tune. I love that song and would have appreciated hearing it sans off-key guy behind me.

And the 7-foot guy in front of me...I ended up a whole two seats over because of this, basically slowly pushing others down the row. For the most part, I got to see the show unobstructed.

I have to say, though, when I go to shows, which is rare, I don't really like crowd particiation nearly as much as I used to, provoked by the band or not, but to hear everyone singing to Stinkfist and Sober in an intimate setting was great. I know Maynard had the mic up to his face, but I honestly could not hear him at all.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-13-2006, 08:57 PM   #61
Level 4 - Thinker

Great show, but not a REAL TOOL SHOW. It was very short, not used to that because usually Tool puts on 3 hour+ shows. But besides that, everything was what I was expecting. They didn't have as many visuals as they usually do, but that's okay. On the balcony, where I was, some bass lines were way too quiet, but the guitar sounded great the whole time. Danny's drums sounded great, but sometimes his double bass drums were too quiet also, but only for an obsessed Tool fan like me. I missed Rosetta Stoned, damn it. I was like fifteen minutes late to the show because I spent too much time outside drinking before. Can't wait for them to come back to the Pepsi Center, and hopefully Red Rocks before the tour is over. Red Rocks is the ultimate setting for a Tool concert.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2006, 11:08 PM   #62
Level 1 - Lurker

It was perfect, end of story. Second time for me to see Tool live, and it was just as good as the first. Amazing atmosphere, perfect setlist, perfect crowd, everything was perfect. I drove from Idaho to see this show, and it was worth every mile I had to drive, as well as my overpriced ticket I had to buy. I would not have changed a thing. I was taken away by Lateralus, to a totally different place. It was so amazing. After the show I stood near the busses outside for two hours with small hopes to meet the band, I did get to meet Adam, and he was freaking nice as hell. I thanked him for his music and he thanked me for my support! I apparently left right before the others in the band came out, but oh well, I was lucky enough just to be there at all. It was the best night of my life, and also my three year wedding anniversary. It was fucking great!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2006, 11:11 PM   #63
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunh1984
ALL OF YOU SUCK!! I saw this show and was just as amazed as all of you were - But the best part was, me and my girl hung out by their tour buses for 3 hours in the cold with no jackets after the show. I saw Adam just as he got on his and missed the chance (I was AMAZED, their were only 7 of us out there along with the chick who jumped on stage - If you were with me, Whats up fellas!! Im the one with the Goatee!) but then Danny Carrey and Justin Chancellor came out! We aksed if theyd mind signing and Danny said "I have to get a purple pen!" Justin stood out and shook everyones hand and talked with us for a sec before Danny came back and with a purple sharpy and told us "Dont be afraid of my bling" pointing to a flashing pot leaf necklace that he said Adam had given him for his birthday, then started signing. My girlfriend asked Danny to sign her shirt that she was wearing and told him he could grope them if he wanted, which he did (TOTALLY ok with me man!) and then told us "Id fuck those!" My girlfriend was so excited she almost feinted, and Justin asked her "Are you ok?" She could barely get the words out and asked him to also sign her shirt which he did. I shook both their hands again and thanked them for everything and told them how cool it was of them to come talk and sign. Cooler than I ever could have imagined them being and very down to earth. Then they left! Funny story about Maynard too - We were by the buses from the second the show was over and never saw him - However, about an hour after the show, a Firetruck pulled up and picked up a Fireman wearing a cowboy hat - Did maynard slip away? Maybe, but I dont care, because I got to meet Danny Carrey and Justin Chancellor!!! BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!!
Damn, I remember you! I was the crazy red-head that got to talk to Adam, and we must have left just before you guys got to meet Danny and Justin!! Oh well, that's awesome for you guys!! I knew the band was there all along!!! Fucking lying security people!! Awesome for you and your girl!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2006, 12:44 PM   #64
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach5284
Great show, but not a REAL TOOL SHOW. It was very short, not used to that because usually Tool puts on 3 hour+ shows. But besides that, everything was what I was expecting. They didn't have as many visuals as they usually do, but that's okay. On the balcony, where I was, some bass lines were way too quiet, but the guitar sounded great the whole time. Danny's drums sounded great, but sometimes his double bass drums were too quiet also, but only for an obsessed Tool fan like me. I missed Rosetta Stoned, damn it. I was like fifteen minutes late to the show because I spent too much time outside drinking before. Can't wait for them to come back to the Pepsi Center, and hopefully Red Rocks before the tour is over. Red Rocks is the ultimate setting for a Tool concert.
I thought this show was awesome, I've seen them 11 times and they've never played much more than 2 hours, and the show I saw at Redrocks had the worst sound of any Tool show I've ever been too, and the fans there only care about getting drunk and fucked up, the same kind of idiots that would miss the first 15 minutes of the show "getting drunk in the parking lot"
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: