opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Opiate » 6. The Gaping Lotus Experience
User Name
Password
Old 07-20-2007, 06:58 AM   #1
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217
so this is about the third eye, eh?

the gaping lotus experience

I had a friend once he took some acid
Now he thinks he's a fire engine
It's okay until he pisses on your lighter
Kinda smells kinda cool kinda funny anyway

satan, satan, satan...

I had a friend once he took some ecstasy
Tried to marry me and every one in the room
He was sort of loving kinda caring,
kinda tried to fuck my lazy boy
It got a bit messy all over the curtains,
arm chair covers, throw pillows, and carpeting

satan, satan, satan...

I'm getting bored again...

translation:

round 1:
in a single moment, IIIIIIIIIIIII (to emphasize ONENESS!) was able to trip (on acid: i believe strassman stated that lsd could be THE most important tool we have for understanding the human brain: and all that good stuff : "blame hoffman") ...then HE (revert to pronoun theories) appeared and now we can't utilize our third eye (as easily, regularly): again, in one moment, a lachrymal fire ("spark becomes a flame, flame becomes a fire"). and in the next, access to our third eye ceases ("mildewed ...and smoldering" GET IT?!!?!??!??!?!!!!). in fact, if you didn't come across this angle before... "repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability, to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here" yeaahhh.

so, satan gave us choice? is this man's fall from grace?

:goes to listen to "fallen angel" by king crimson (big huge sloppy hint right there):

round two ...ecstasy, happy consumers, happy haze, marriage, "TRIED TO FUCK MY LAZY BOY" (again, pronoun theory)...

satan, satan, satan...

affluenza...

pronoun theory: http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?p=2068542
Old 07-23-2007, 09:09 AM   #2
Level 10 - Vehement

Re: so this is about the third eye, eh?

round two was a ruse

....ummmmmmm, wake up?
Old 07-23-2007, 10:33 AM   #3
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 30

Can we please get an LSD addict in here to translate this?...
Old 07-24-2007, 10:21 AM   #4
Level 10 - Vehement

srsly.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:01 PM   #5
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwriter View Post
Can we please get an LSD addict in here to translate this?...
ROFL

I took LSD only once, but can't imagine being a fire-engine or something, and can't translate this, hehe. It was a long time ago and I didn't use it since, cause my brother had some problems with it. He took a bit too much of it in a short period.
But, I'm planning to try mexican mushrooms sometime shortly...I've heard the experience is a bit less intense than with acid, and you can still realize that your hallucinations aren't real. Guess I'll try not to forget my pen...hehe
Old 07-24-2007, 01:02 PM   #6
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhikkhu View Post
ROFL

I took LSD only once, but can't imagine being a fire-engine or something, and can't translate this, hehe. It was a long time ago and I didn't use it since, cause my brother had some problems with it. He took a bit too much of it in a short period.
But, I'm planning to try mexican mushrooms sometime shortly...I've heard the experience is a bit less intense than with acid, and you can still realize that your hallucinations aren't real. Guess I'll try not to forget carry around my pen...hehe
Drugs are just plain DUMB. Hugs not drugs!
Old 07-24-2007, 01:11 PM   #7
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

hmm, that's your opinion, I guess. I think some drugs could be usefull to investigate on you own psyche and subconciousness. To know yourself is enlightenment (quote from Buddha).
Also, to take drugs, and not be addicted, requires some self-discipline. However, there are some kind of drugs that I do reject, like cocaine, heroin. Personally, I only use alcohol (which is good for your health if used in small amounts), nicotine and cannabis. These drugs that I use, I have full control over them, and I know I should not use them too much.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:12 PM   #8
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
hmm, that's your opinion, I guess. I think some drugs could be usefull to investigate on you own psyche and subconciousness. To know yourself is enlightenment (quote from Buddha).
Also, to take drugs, and not be addicted, requires some self-discipline. However, there are some kind of drugs that I do reject, like cocaine, heroin. Personally, I only use alcohol (which is good for your health if used in small amounts), nicotine and cannabis. These drugs that I use, I have full control over them, and I know I should not use them too much.
True, but many drugs do have horrible consequences. I just like to play it safe... : )
Old 07-24-2007, 01:13 PM   #9
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

did you ever hear of Iboga and seen that documentary about that (english?) guy that went to Gabon and was initiated into the Bwiti religion?
Old 07-24-2007, 01:15 PM   #10
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
did you ever hear of Iboga and seen that documentary about that (english?) guy that went to Gabon and was initiated into the Bwiti religion?
Uuuhhh.... No...
Old 07-24-2007, 01:15 PM   #11
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

ah, nevermind, if you don't want to use them I guess that's cool (it's your own choice). For some people it might not have any positive effects, or the negetive effects outweigh the positive effects.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:17 PM   #12
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

if you're interested, you could check Wikipedia for "iboga"
off course this plant is forbidden in the usa, but not in most other countries.
kinda funny that this plant can somehow cure addiction, and is a drug in itself.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:27 PM   #13
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

in the documentary, the (english?) guy eats a lot of the plants roots and has an entheogenic experience and he is able to remember things that he has hidden in his subconcious (his Shadow) from his childhood. The drug has kinda opened his (third) eye to some of his negative personal aspects. He then feels sorry for some things he has done wrong in his past and wants to ask some people for forgiveness. He also has some experiences (something to do with "forefathers") of which he is not allowed to talk about, because of the tradition in the Bwiti religion. I'm just very curious what those experiences were...
Old 07-28-2007, 06:43 AM   #14
Level 10 - Vehement

dimethyltryptamine?
Old 07-28-2007, 08:30 AM   #15
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

no, the plant contains ibogaine, or 12-Methoxyibogamine.
this stuff you can buy in smartshops in the netherlands and probably also in other countries.
For most people, it's probably not a good idea to use this in large amounts. The guy in the documentary ate a lot of the roots and after this he had to throw up for about 5 times. The problem with eating the roots is that you can't really know how much of the stuff your body will take up, and they also don't taste very well.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:35 PM   #16
Level 4 - Thinker

I also have tried acid, concurring with Bhikkhu, and have seen others on LSD. (To my homies: "Don't take the green acid from the door-to-door Wizard") But since this is the last thread for this song which is the last song I have yet to hear from Tool, (been a fan for 8 years now) I was wanting to share a few experiences that might explain the words from an outside point of view.
One forgotten year, I was at a party. A group of friends on acid pointed me to a 3 ft by 3 ft storage bin where a 250 lb man had squeezed his way in. They told me he was scared of the fireballs coming off the ends of everyone's cigarettes. Acid affects the way people see light, and to comment on a person tripping trying to put out lighters, might have been a general statement of the mental state of tripping. However, to try and explain an your own experience on an acid trip is like trying to expain to someone how many water molecules were in your last drink, near to impossible. Hence, Maynard's observing comments.
As to the x, I had a friend on x who was so sensitive to touch, she combed her face with a brush for an hour, in between taking three scolding hot showers. Then she disappeared, and I found her having group sex with the same group, at a different time, that I mentioned before. x has a person become so sensitive to touch that they try to quell their need for stimulation, they first try inanimate objects obsessively, such as a brush or "Lazy Boy" recliner as stated by Maynard, and then venture out for human to human stimulation, which can get quite messy, also as described by Maynard.
Then when the sustances wear off, you are left feeling the way you were before you took them. And to realize why you took them in the first place? You didn't have anything better to do. Our society takes so much the work out of life, that we find other ways to amuse ourselves, self-destructive or creative, or both. This in part with thinking too much about everything, lack of better things to do with our life will be the hub and downfall of society. This is usually attributed to Satan and his portrayal of being the bad guy, almost characterized as human free will. And Satan doesn't want us gone, he wants us to stick around, he's probably our biggest fan.

If anyone feels I am not qualified to give a commentary due to never listening to the song, then I have a question for you. Why was this hidden track not on the cassette? I hate CD's because I had a 250 Original (Not burned) CD collection stolen from me. I downgraded to cassettes. I have all the Tool albums on cassette, including 10,000 Days (which came from Indonesia [Capitalist US does not have a market or make cassettes since 2001]). The 1992 copywrited Opiate cassette does not have this song on it, and I refuse to buy the CD version. The cassette has all six original tracks on both sides, but the CD only has the 6 original songs once. (12 total to 6 total) So, was this song added to the Album to make a more sellable Item, and Maynard and company were forced to add to that album? I think so, and for Maynard to say he is bored, might be that drugs don't last forever (face value). Or it could be that he was forced to come up with a song by his record label, and he was bored of being told what to do creatively (Refer reader to Hush). Thanks for reading, and stay in school.

Last edited by Anon-Imus; 07-29-2007 at 03:39 PM.. Reason: spelling
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:20 AM   #17
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 35

haha, thanks anon-imus, that was amusing. and kudos to your cassette revolution! i was driving around with only a tape player for almost a year and the only tape i had was lateralus (proper, bought copy). that was great. i wished that i had bought the undertow cassette that i saw for sale years ago, in a cardboard case and shit! that would have been rad. i have a cd player now though so i shant be purchasing the dodgy indonesian 10k days cassette.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:40 PM   #18
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by erazorhead View Post
haha, thanks anon-imus, that was amusing. and kudos to your cassette revolution! i was driving around with only a tape player for almost a year and the only tape i had was lateralus (proper, bought copy). that was great. i wished that i had bought the undertow cassette that i saw for sale years ago, in a cardboard case and shit! that would have been rad. i have a cd player now though so i shant be purchasing the dodgy indonesian 10k days cassette.
I got a cassette computer drive for my b-day to convert to mp3's, and I am moving on with CDs. Stupid new cars . . .
Old 06-29-2010, 09:28 AM   #19
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Stupid people bumping nearly 3yr old threads
Old 06-29-2010, 09:30 AM   #20
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1385

die
Old 06-29-2010, 10:46 AM   #21
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon-imus
cassette computer drive
What? Never heard of such a device. When I had to digitize some more collectible cassettes, I've used a tape deck and connected its play output to PC's line-in and all went ok. The cost was only the RCA-jack cable.
How does your device work?
Old 02-06-2012, 10:47 PM   #22
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michał View Post
What? Never heard of such a device. When I had to digitize some more collectible cassettes, I've used a tape deck and connected its play output to PC's line-in and all went ok. The cost was only the RCA-jack cable.
How does your device work?
It was a pretty nifty device. It attached to the pc power supply and loops through the sound card. It allowed me to record analog directly from my sound card with recording software as an input instead of an output. I have since found the RCA cables and a Roxio media creator to be more simple and effective. I do miss my cassettes though. I have some old mp3s from those "digital remasters." I might dig through them and see what I can find ...
Old 03-10-2015, 12:14 AM   #23
Banned.

This song is like proto-rossetta stoned. To the OP, I have to say that there is no deep meaning to this song. Its just an inside joke for the band, and we will never know why it's supposed to be funny. Kinda sounds like the doors.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:57 AM   #24
Level 10 - Vehement

disagree
Old 03-10-2015, 12:58 AM   #25
Banned.

I know. It's OK.
Old 03-10-2015, 01:09 AM   #26
Level 10 - Vehement

friendship!
Old 03-10-2015, 01:13 AM   #27
Banned.

yay!
Old 03-10-2015, 05:41 AM   #28
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

Split open and melt.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:12 AM   #29
Banned.

the sky like a stealth banana. And piss was everywhere not to mention the poop in my pants.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: