07-09-2007, 08:09 AM

Jambi
Stinkfist(normal version)
The Pot
46&2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Wings+10,000 Days
Lateralus(ext with Herman Lee of Dragonforce!!)
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, cool, post it. Everything that is not a show review will be deleted.

Last edited by paraflux; 08-22-2007 at 08:39 PM..
Old 07-09-2007, 08:09 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/08/22 - London, UK - Brixton Academy

Jambi
The Pot
46&2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Wings+10,000 Days
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, cool, post it. Everything that is not a show review will be deleted.

Last edited by paraflux; 08-22-2007 at 08:39 PM..
OFFLINE |  
DrChino
08-22-2007, 02:07 PM

Still in the gig now! mobile internet ftw!

Jambi
The Pot
46&2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Wings+10,000 Days
Vicarious

again, awesome show. maynard held up scordcards for hermans performance and gave danny a 3! he also moved a fan and blew toilet roll in the audience!
Old 08-22-2007, 02:07 PM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/08/22 - London, UK - Brixton Academy

Still in the gig now! mobile internet ftw!

Jambi
The Pot
46&2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Wings+10,000 Days
Vicarious

again, awesome show. maynard held up scordcards for hermans performance and gave danny a 3! he also moved a fan and blew toilet roll in the audience!
OFFLINE |  
Shax
08-22-2007, 02:15 PM

I can't comprehend what I've just seen and heard...the most amazing night. Lateralus was the song that did it for me, Herman Lee was stunning. Wings and 10000 days made me shiver to the bone and Vicarious has left me still shaking. Danny and Adam stole the show with their energy. It was pure perfection. Adams' hair was awesome tied into two plaits.

I was at the second barrier, right in the middle, about twenty feet in front of the sound deck, near to the guy that took his shirt off, when really he should have left it on as his girlfriend soon shouted at him. He fucking smelt horrendous, lol.

Cheers to the dude that stood next to me the entire night, you were like twenty
stone solid mass of muscle, fending off the idiots behind us who were intent on forcing down the barrier that we were leaning againt. Ffs, it's there for a reason. You were one scary guy, until you smiled at me and said "and so it begins".

The light show was even more awesome veiwed from downstairs as the lasers were so much closer, only about 4 feet above our heads. The timing of the light with the music was spot on and incredible.

This was without a doubt the greatest Tool gig I have ever seen. Nevermind the all too familiar setlist, or the missing Aenima at end the night, this blew Tuesday night and Wembley/Hammersmith right out of the water. The atmosphere was electric and the crowd was amazing. The sound was perfect. No smelly socks thankfully, but come on people, use some fucking deodorant.....please?

Last edited by Shax; 08-23-2007 at 04:21 AM..
Old 08-22-2007, 02:15 PM   #3
wolf sweater

Bincount™: 205

I can't comprehend what I've just seen and heard...the most amazing night. Lateralus was the song that did it for me, Herman Lee was stunning. Wings and 10000 days made me shiver to the bone and Vicarious has left me still shaking. Danny and Adam stole the show with their energy. It was pure perfection. Adams' hair was awesome tied into two plaits.

I was at the second barrier, right in the middle, about twenty feet in front of the sound deck, near to the guy that took his shirt off, when really he should have left it on as his girlfriend soon shouted at him. He fucking smelt horrendous, lol.

Cheers to the dude that stood next to me the entire night, you were like twenty
stone solid mass of muscle, fending off the idiots behind us who were intent on forcing down the barrier that we were leaning againt. Ffs, it's there for a reason. You were one scary guy, until you smiled at me and said "and so it begins".

The light show was even more awesome veiwed from downstairs as the lasers were so much closer, only about 4 feet above our heads. The timing of the light with the music was spot on and incredible.

This was without a doubt the greatest Tool gig I have ever seen. Nevermind the all too familiar setlist, or the missing Aenima at end the night, this blew Tuesday night and Wembley/Hammersmith right out of the water. The atmosphere was electric and the crowd was amazing. The sound was perfect. No smelly socks thankfully, but come on people, use some fucking deodorant.....please?

Last edited by Shax; 08-23-2007 at 04:21 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Saltank's Avatar Saltank
08-22-2007, 03:39 PM

What an amazing show they put on tonight!
Everyone was glad that they heard Wings, it is of course a supernatural spectacle!
The Lateralus "special guest" (Herman) was very nice too, in general.

I was at the sound deck right in the middle and it sounded, looked and felt just awe inspiring. I can only hope to see a live DVD in the future.. maybe my next life? :D
Old 08-22-2007, 03:39 PM   #4
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

What an amazing show they put on tonight!
Everyone was glad that they heard Wings, it is of course a supernatural spectacle!
The Lateralus "special guest" (Herman) was very nice too, in general.

I was at the sound deck right in the middle and it sounded, looked and felt just awe inspiring. I can only hope to see a live DVD in the future.. maybe my next life? :D
08-22-2007, 03:42 PM

seeing herman lee play with tool ... definately one of the most 'metal' moments of my life. definately a fantastic show. maynard seemed angry several times during the concert like during schism and wings 1 & 2 and also at the end of vicarious, i think one of the technicians was fucking up his mic or something. at the end of vicarious he walked off to the side and pointed aggresively at someone and then did a 'slitting throat' motion to him or something. he seemed pissed.
also ive never seen adam seem so into the show before. he was moving around a lot and seemed to really enjoy himself.
i would have liked to hear pushit but you cant have everything.
those posters with the signatures were awesome too! i guarantee that in a few days (weeks) those will be on ebay going for hundreds of pounds. £50 was a very reasonable price to pay for them.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:42 PM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

seeing herman lee play with tool ... definately one of the most 'metal' moments of my life. definately a fantastic show. maynard seemed angry several times during the concert like during schism and wings 1 & 2 and also at the end of vicarious, i think one of the technicians was fucking up his mic or something. at the end of vicarious he walked off to the side and pointed aggresively at someone and then did a 'slitting throat' motion to him or something. he seemed pissed.
also ive never seen adam seem so into the show before. he was moving around a lot and seemed to really enjoy himself.
i would have liked to hear pushit but you cant have everything.
those posters with the signatures were awesome too! i guarantee that in a few days (weeks) those will be on ebay going for hundreds of pounds. £50 was a very reasonable price to pay for them.
OFFLINE |  
LaterallyChallenged's Avatar LaterallyChallenged
08-22-2007, 04:57 PM

This was my first time seeing Tool, even though my feet ache like fuckery it was a great performance and bloody worth it.

My personal highlights were Jambi, 46&2, Lateralus and Vicarious. Wings was great, not one of my favourites but still immense.

I was hoping for Ænema at the end, however Vicarious was a great ender, it was just epic. Loved it. :)
Old 08-22-2007, 04:57 PM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my first time seeing Tool, even though my feet ache like fuckery it was a great performance and bloody worth it.

My personal highlights were Jambi, 46&2, Lateralus and Vicarious. Wings was great, not one of my favourites but still immense.

I was hoping for Ænema at the end, however Vicarious was a great ender, it was just epic. Loved it. :)
OFFLINE |  
onethirtyeight
08-22-2007, 05:22 PM

Definitely the best UK show of the 10,000 Days tour in my opinion. I went to a bunch, and none of them were this good. Hats off. Last night was utter pony in retrospect.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:22 PM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Definitely the best UK show of the 10,000 Days tour in my opinion. I went to a bunch, and none of them were this good. Hats off. Last night was utter pony in retrospect.
OFFLINE |  
goatboystrikesback's Avatar goatboystrikesback
08-22-2007, 05:58 PM

Seriously though, that was a phenomenal gig. Maynard's singing of the first verse of rosetta stoned was comedy gold if nothing else! Danny pounded those drums hard as ever, though it seemed to stand out tonight more than last night and his solos were terrific. Adam was more energetic than i've ever seen him (and looking quite sexay with his new hair).

The whole show (esp. lateralus) was completely overwhelming, a sensory overload. Hope we don't have to wait till 2011 to see them again!
Old 08-22-2007, 05:58 PM   #8
Level 3 - Talker

Seriously though, that was a phenomenal gig. Maynard's singing of the first verse of rosetta stoned was comedy gold if nothing else! Danny pounded those drums hard as ever, though it seemed to stand out tonight more than last night and his solos were terrific. Adam was more energetic than i've ever seen him (and looking quite sexay with his new hair).

The whole show (esp. lateralus) was completely overwhelming, a sensory overload. Hope we don't have to wait till 2011 to see them again!
INGROMIKON
08-22-2007, 07:07 PM

Tonights gig absolutely shit all over last nights one.. Lateralus was far far better than last nights with that tosser on drums who essentially ruined Lateralus with his epic inability, instead having that guy from Dragonforce, who was actually alright despite Dragonforce being a massive joke of a band. Maynard was comedy throughout. Only real complaints I have is to get Rosetta Stoned out of the setlist, noone really seems to enjoy it live. And there's no real need for the epic break before 10,000 days in which they could be playing Pushit. Either way, Maynard was an hero and his voice was perfect throughout. The lasers were amazing, compared with yesterday when they were dire and felt really random just coming on during Lateralus, rather than during 10k days. Danny Carey was a beast, and Adam's probably the only man who looks more normal with pigtails. All in all awesome gig, far better than yesterdays which did leave me feeling somewhat underwhelmed.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:07 PM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

Tonights gig absolutely shit all over last nights one.. Lateralus was far far better than last nights with that tosser on drums who essentially ruined Lateralus with his epic inability, instead having that guy from Dragonforce, who was actually alright despite Dragonforce being a massive joke of a band. Maynard was comedy throughout. Only real complaints I have is to get Rosetta Stoned out of the setlist, noone really seems to enjoy it live. And there's no real need for the epic break before 10,000 days in which they could be playing Pushit. Either way, Maynard was an hero and his voice was perfect throughout. The lasers were amazing, compared with yesterday when they were dire and felt really random just coming on during Lateralus, rather than during 10k days. Danny Carey was a beast, and Adam's probably the only man who looks more normal with pigtails. All in all awesome gig, far better than yesterdays which did leave me feeling somewhat underwhelmed.
OFFLINE |  
doraymi
08-23-2007, 12:45 AM

I've seen Tool 11 times on the 10,000 days tour. This is by far the highlight. Great performance! The crowd didn't smell like dirty feet tonight either, which was a big plus!
Old 08-23-2007, 12:45 AM   #10
Banned.

I've seen Tool 11 times on the 10,000 days tour. This is by far the highlight. Great performance! The crowd didn't smell like dirty feet tonight either, which was a big plus!
OFFLINE |  
Saltank's Avatar Saltank
08-23-2007, 01:42 AM

The whole interlude thing before 10kDays was great, it adds a whole new depth to the quality of the performance.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:42 AM   #11
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

The whole interlude thing before 10kDays was great, it adds a whole new depth to the quality of the performance.
08-23-2007, 02:12 AM

there were some distinctly unpleasant smells from crowd members close to me (1 - 2 back from barrier, in front of Justin) and there were some pissed up 'children' / scumbags I could've done without (pity me!) but generally the people around me were fantastic - thank you for helping make my night... I went on my own last night to try to 'immerse myself in the music' a little more (pretentious, moi?) and I had a blast.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:12 AM   #12
Level 4 - Thinker

there were some distinctly unpleasant smells from crowd members close to me (1 - 2 back from barrier, in front of Justin) and there were some pissed up 'children' / scumbags I could've done without (pity me!) but generally the people around me were fantastic - thank you for helping make my night... I went on my own last night to try to 'immerse myself in the music' a little more (pretentious, moi?) and I had a blast.
OFFLINE |  
Foamy's Avatar Foamy
08-23-2007, 02:15 AM

AWESOME. Some guy was rubbing himself on me though. lulz
Old 08-23-2007, 02:15 AM   #13
curious george

Bincount™: 6546

AWESOME. Some guy was rubbing himself on me though. lulz
OFFLINE |  
readyfuels
08-23-2007, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
there were some distinctly unpleasant smells from crowd members close to me (1 - 2 back from barrier, in front of Justin) and there were some pissed up 'children' / scumbags I could've done without (pity me!)
I was right by there, so I absolutely know where you're coming from. Could have done without it. The lack of smoke really heightens the nasty smells before unnoticed.

Last night was phenomenal. Not only the best Tool show of my life, but the best show of my life. Surprise guest appearance from Herman Li and a musical "duel" between him and Danny making Lateralus even more grandiose, Maynard being positively playful with his score cards and toilet papering attempt, Wings/10,000 Days, generally good atmosphere (with the exception of the aforementioned twats). Sensational. There aren't enough words in the world to articulate how I feel about last night.
Whilst I loved the first night at Brixton, yesterday was just leagues ahead.

Tonight had ALOT to live up to.

Last edited by readyfuels; 08-23-2007 at 03:42 AM..
Old 08-23-2007, 03:38 AM   #14
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
there were some distinctly unpleasant smells from crowd members close to me (1 - 2 back from barrier, in front of Justin) and there were some pissed up 'children' / scumbags I could've done without (pity me!)
I was right by there, so I absolutely know where you're coming from. Could have done without it. The lack of smoke really heightens the nasty smells before unnoticed.

Last night was phenomenal. Not only the best Tool show of my life, but the best show of my life. Surprise guest appearance from Herman Li and a musical "duel" between him and Danny making Lateralus even more grandiose, Maynard being positively playful with his score cards and toilet papering attempt, Wings/10,000 Days, generally good atmosphere (with the exception of the aforementioned twats). Sensational. There aren't enough words in the world to articulate how I feel about last night.
Whilst I loved the first night at Brixton, yesterday was just leagues ahead.

Tonight had ALOT to live up to.

Last edited by readyfuels; 08-23-2007 at 03:42 AM..
OFFLINE |  
lateralusgonghit
08-23-2007, 04:07 AM

Absolutley amazing show! I love those guys so much, they were brilliant. I had heard some bad things about brixton academy but I thought the sound was really good. Setlist was good and longer than i had expected which was cool, but I would have died if they had played pushit. I will hear that before I die! Lateralus was the highlight. Dragonforce dude was cool, but I still would have prefered adam to play for those 5 minutes! There were quite a few idiots there, but sadly there always seems to be. I really don't get how people can not stand still quietly during Wings/10,00 Days, the deepest and most meaningful part of the set. Please, if there is one song not to mosh like a twat to and not talk through its that! Overall, another very very special night and already looking forward to the next one! Tool forever
Old 08-23-2007, 04:07 AM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

Absolutley amazing show! I love those guys so much, they were brilliant. I had heard some bad things about brixton academy but I thought the sound was really good. Setlist was good and longer than i had expected which was cool, but I would have died if they had played pushit. I will hear that before I die! Lateralus was the highlight. Dragonforce dude was cool, but I still would have prefered adam to play for those 5 minutes! There were quite a few idiots there, but sadly there always seems to be. I really don't get how people can not stand still quietly during Wings/10,00 Days, the deepest and most meaningful part of the set. Please, if there is one song not to mosh like a twat to and not talk through its that! Overall, another very very special night and already looking forward to the next one! Tool forever
OFFLINE |  
phunt's Avatar phunt
08-23-2007, 04:25 AM

Having seen this tour 3 times Id say last nights visuals were the best so far. The lasers were doing a lot more and made Wings even more special. Following that with the extended Lateralus with Herman Lee made for the best half hour of live set Ive ever seen. Other cool stuff such as Maynard getting a huge fan and throwing toilet paper over it - and Adam fashioning pigtails - was cool.

I was a little dissapointed by the setlist though. While I was pleased they played Wings, which they didnt the night before, I would have liked to hear a different song thrown in there.

I'd read they had been playing Pushit at times recently, and in sound checks, and would have fucking loved to hear it as it is my favourite Tool song. Every time a song finished I was wishing the next one to be Pushit. So that was a bit dissapointing.

Overall it was a great show, and all the band seemed to be into it and were expressive. Only downside was the lack of variation from the other shows, and especially the lack of Pushit.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:25 AM   #16
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 278

Having seen this tour 3 times Id say last nights visuals were the best so far. The lasers were doing a lot more and made Wings even more special. Following that with the extended Lateralus with Herman Lee made for the best half hour of live set Ive ever seen. Other cool stuff such as Maynard getting a huge fan and throwing toilet paper over it - and Adam fashioning pigtails - was cool.

I was a little dissapointed by the setlist though. While I was pleased they played Wings, which they didnt the night before, I would have liked to hear a different song thrown in there.

I'd read they had been playing Pushit at times recently, and in sound checks, and would have fucking loved to hear it as it is my favourite Tool song. Every time a song finished I was wishing the next one to be Pushit. So that was a bit dissapointing.

Overall it was a great show, and all the band seemed to be into it and were expressive. Only downside was the lack of variation from the other shows, and especially the lack of Pushit.
08-23-2007, 05:07 AM

My first TOOL concert... What a mind-blowing show:the sound,the videos,the lights,the lasers just outstandings!!!
The band was totally into the show:from the wizard-cowboy Maynard to the extraterrestrial drummer Danny, also great the persuasive\wild Justin's bass and the wonderfully cold Adam's guitar.... simply marvellous the positioning of the band on the stage:oddly symmetrical with the four screens in the background as a projection of each member...
I was satisfied with the setlist...even if i was hoping for Aenema or Pushit or...just because i wanted more and never will be enough...
Thanks TOOL!!!
Old 08-23-2007, 05:07 AM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

My first TOOL concert... What a mind-blowing show:the sound,the videos,the lights,the lasers just outstandings!!!
The band was totally into the show:from the wizard-cowboy Maynard to the extraterrestrial drummer Danny, also great the persuasive\wild Justin's bass and the wonderfully cold Adam's guitar.... simply marvellous the positioning of the band on the stage:oddly symmetrical with the four screens in the background as a projection of each member...
I was satisfied with the setlist...even if i was hoping for Aenema or Pushit or...just because i wanted more and never will be enough...
Thanks TOOL!!!
OFFLINE |  
duncang's Avatar duncang
08-23-2007, 11:42 AM

Did anyone else notice the (-) Ions noise before 46&2? I was thinking "Third Eye? Nooo way.", and I wasn't at all disappointed when they went into 46&2 because it's my favourite song off Ænima, even though I had seen it before at the Apollo last year. The set was fantastic, way better than Hammersmith and I'm very lucky I didn't buy tickets for the night before instead, or I wouldn't have heard Wings, which I hadn't before!

I was on my own last night (simply because my Tool-liking friends were all either broke or on holiday) and, as someone said, I was able to immerse myself more in it, and I really did, mostly during Wings, Schism and Lateralus. I probably pissed off a few people around me, but not nearly as much as the rather large mosh pit going on near us (during Wings!?). Also there was a very annoying tall guy with dreads who pushed around a lot, got in my way too much (14 years old, can't see things y'know) and fucked off for a drink during Wings.

On Lateralus, I was laughing too much to really notice the whole Danny/Herman battle thing but I did notice Herman kinda sucking and Danny being awesome. For a lot of his appearance it seemed to me that Herman was trying too hard to be like Adam, playing all about 5 different notes repetitively, in an Eon Blue Apocalypse kinda fashion. I was quite annoyed but only because they did it during that song. When I went at Hammersmith I wasn't really able to get into it because I was getting pushed around so much but this time they mucked around during it. I would be fine with it if it were any other song but it really pissed me off simply because that's twice I wasn't able to really get into what I think is the best song ever written.

Still though, incredible show, best show I've ever been to, beating them last year, and Metallica at Wembley (after that show I was wondering whether or not this would be better).

Cheers to the guy who stopped that crowdsurfer from bashing my head in with his foot.

EDIT: Btw paraflux, might wanna mention Schism was extended and Rosetta had no Lost Keys.
Be A Human
Old 08-23-2007, 11:42 AM   #19
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12

Did anyone else notice the (-) Ions noise before 46&2? I was thinking "Third Eye? Nooo way.", and I wasn't at all disappointed when they went into 46&2 because it's my favourite song off Ænima, even though I had seen it before at the Apollo last year. The set was fantastic, way better than Hammersmith and I'm very lucky I didn't buy tickets for the night before instead, or I wouldn't have heard Wings, which I hadn't before!

I was on my own last night (simply because my Tool-liking friends were all either broke or on holiday) and, as someone said, I was able to immerse myself more in it, and I really did, mostly during Wings, Schism and Lateralus. I probably pissed off a few people around me, but not nearly as much as the rather large mosh pit going on near us (during Wings!?). Also there was a very annoying tall guy with dreads who pushed around a lot, got in my way too much (14 years old, can't see things y'know) and fucked off for a drink during Wings.

On Lateralus, I was laughing too much to really notice the whole Danny/Herman battle thing but I did notice Herman kinda sucking and Danny being awesome. For a lot of his appearance it seemed to me that Herman was trying too hard to be like Adam, playing all about 5 different notes repetitively, in an Eon Blue Apocalypse kinda fashion. I was quite annoyed but only because they did it during that song. When I went at Hammersmith I wasn't really able to get into it because I was getting pushed around so much but this time they mucked around during it. I would be fine with it if it were any other song but it really pissed me off simply because that's twice I wasn't able to really get into what I think is the best song ever written.

Still though, incredible show, best show I've ever been to, beating them last year, and Metallica at Wembley (after that show I was wondering whether or not this would be better).

Cheers to the guy who stopped that crowdsurfer from bashing my head in with his foot.

EDIT: Btw paraflux, might wanna mention Schism was extended and Rosetta had no Lost Keys.
Be A Human
OFFLINE |  
DrChino
08-23-2007, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doraymi View Post
They did where I was standing....

Everyone also seemed to have really bad gas throughout most of the show, before and after. What the hell are all these 'tool fans' eating?!
Old 08-23-2007, 12:02 PM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by doraymi View Post

Everyone also seemed to have really bad gas throughout most of the show, before and after. What the hell are all these 'tool fans' eating?!
OFFLINE |  
duncang's Avatar duncang
08-23-2007, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChino View Post

Haha, I noticed that too, but only before the show. Seriously it stank of farts constantly until Russian Circles went into Micah.
Be A Human
Old 08-23-2007, 12:25 PM   #21
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChino View Post

Haha, I noticed that too, but only before the show. Seriously it stank of farts constantly until Russian Circles went into Micah.
Be A Human
OFFLINE |  
laerfan
08-24-2007, 03:07 AM

More detailed Setlist:

Jambi
(-) Ions (short)
Stinkfist (not extended)
The Pot
46 & 2
Schism (slightly extended plus with fast section towards end)
Rosetta Stoned (NO Lost Keys at all, straight into it)

break (Viginti Tres and some kind of electronic sound playing out while the lights and lasers above the stage moved about a bit like alien spacecrafts!)

Wings For Marie...
...10,000 Days
Lateralus (with Herman Lee from Dragonforce playing 5 min+ solo in middle)
Vicarious

Maynard was HILARIOUS tonight. He was completely in a cowboy mood, making lasoo motions over his head during Jambi and The Pot. Anybody else notice his subtle-ish advertising of Puscifer with his leather jacket? Absolutely hilarious when he took the toilet paper during Herman Lee's solo and blew it up in the air with the fan. He also had a set of scorecards put by the drums and during Lateralus he gave Danny a 3 as a joke. Then he took a number 9 and turned it upside-down for Herman Lee's solo before taking an 8 and giving him a 98! When they finished up Lateralus he said that he almost gave Danny an A but he nealry dropped a stick so he wasn't getting it.

Also, what was with the Ramones t-shirt, Maynard? Love the mohawk, and I thought Rosetta Stoned's lyrics were fast, wait til you hear him live! It's like 3 times faster. Comedic genius.

The gig was superb, with Lateralus a clearly obvious highpoint. Wings/10,000 Days was epic as always, definitely getting a better response than earlier in the tour when nobody seemed to know it very well. The Pot was surprisingly good live once again. I've seen it twice now and it blows the record version away in person.

The sound was really great and as my first time in Brixton Academy, it's up there with the best venues in the world. Truly beautiful place for a gig, especially one like this. We flew over from Dublin and it was so worth the money and effort.

Adam seemed somewhat worried throughout. He was clearly visible on the left of the stage all throughout the prep before they came on. He seemed quite sedate and made a few little mistakes, it seems like something was bothering him. He looked completely delighted at the end, maybe his worries were laid to rest? Either way, he was awesome.

A few niggling things about the gig:

Jambi is only a half-decent opener. It's well known now, but it doesn't quite pack the punch of previous openers like Stinkfist, The Grudge etc.

Vicarious is not really a closing song. It pleases the crowd, fair enough, but they've far better closing songs. Aenema, Third Eye and of course Lateralus spring immediately to mind. Perhaps having Vicarious second-last just before Lateralus would make a truly epic ending to any gig.

They completely ignore Undertow and Opiate these days. We need something like Sober, Part of Me, Opiate or Prison Sex occasionally. I know it's the setlist they want to play, seeing as they've not really changed it in over a year, but it is getting a little tired, especially Rosetta Stoned, which is a little long and could easily be substitued for two early songs and make everyone a lot happier.

But they are only minor things. I really cannot complain. Tool are and always will be the most incredible live spectacle ever. Visually, aurally, atmospherically and emotionally, they are in a league of their own and are the best band in the world, as this gig proved once again.

Brilliant.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:07 AM   #22
Level 2 - Poster

More detailed Setlist:

Jambi
(-) Ions (short)
Stinkfist (not extended)
The Pot
46 & 2
Schism (slightly extended plus with fast section towards end)
Rosetta Stoned (NO Lost Keys at all, straight into it)

break (Viginti Tres and some kind of electronic sound playing out while the lights and lasers above the stage moved about a bit like alien spacecrafts!)

Wings For Marie...
...10,000 Days
Lateralus (with Herman Lee from Dragonforce playing 5 min+ solo in middle)
Vicarious

Maynard was HILARIOUS tonight. He was completely in a cowboy mood, making lasoo motions over his head during Jambi and The Pot. Anybody else notice his subtle-ish advertising of Puscifer with his leather jacket? Absolutely hilarious when he took the toilet paper during Herman Lee's solo and blew it up in the air with the fan. He also had a set of scorecards put by the drums and during Lateralus he gave Danny a 3 as a joke. Then he took a number 9 and turned it upside-down for Herman Lee's solo before taking an 8 and giving him a 98! When they finished up Lateralus he said that he almost gave Danny an A but he nealry dropped a stick so he wasn't getting it.

Also, what was with the Ramones t-shirt, Maynard? Love the mohawk, and I thought Rosetta Stoned's lyrics were fast, wait til you hear him live! It's like 3 times faster. Comedic genius.

The gig was superb, with Lateralus a clearly obvious highpoint. Wings/10,000 Days was epic as always, definitely getting a better response than earlier in the tour when nobody seemed to know it very well. The Pot was surprisingly good live once again. I've seen it twice now and it blows the record version away in person.

The sound was really great and as my first time in Brixton Academy, it's up there with the best venues in the world. Truly beautiful place for a gig, especially one like this. We flew over from Dublin and it was so worth the money and effort.

Adam seemed somewhat worried throughout. He was clearly visible on the left of the stage all throughout the prep before they came on. He seemed quite sedate and made a few little mistakes, it seems like something was bothering him. He looked completely delighted at the end, maybe his worries were laid to rest? Either way, he was awesome.

A few niggling things about the gig:

Jambi is only a half-decent opener. It's well known now, but it doesn't quite pack the punch of previous openers like Stinkfist, The Grudge etc.

Vicarious is not really a closing song. It pleases the crowd, fair enough, but they've far better closing songs. Aenema, Third Eye and of course Lateralus spring immediately to mind. Perhaps having Vicarious second-last just before Lateralus would make a truly epic ending to any gig.

They completely ignore Undertow and Opiate these days. We need something like Sober, Part of Me, Opiate or Prison Sex occasionally. I know it's the setlist they want to play, seeing as they've not really changed it in over a year, but it is getting a little tired, especially Rosetta Stoned, which is a little long and could easily be substitued for two early songs and make everyone a lot happier.

But they are only minor things. I really cannot complain. Tool are and always will be the most incredible live spectacle ever. Visually, aurally, atmospherically and emotionally, they are in a league of their own and are the best band in the world, as this gig proved once again.

Brilliant.
OFFLINE |  
phunt's Avatar phunt
08-24-2007, 03:39 AM

Yeah I had noticed somin a lil off about Adam. I noticed him fiddling with his sound a lot more than usual, and getting changes throughout the set. I thought this was kinda needed though, as initially his guitar was too loud in the mix for Jambi. I also noticed a few lil mistakes which Ive never seen from him - I cannot remember what song but he went out of an effect but had cut off his sound by mistake, so the verse came back in with just bass. Minor things, but he certainly seemed a little on edge. Also Maynard was getting vexed with his sound, so maybe the techs were fucking up beforehand.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:39 AM   #23
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 278

Yeah I had noticed somin a lil off about Adam. I noticed him fiddling with his sound a lot more than usual, and getting changes throughout the set. I thought this was kinda needed though, as initially his guitar was too loud in the mix for Jambi. I also noticed a few lil mistakes which Ive never seen from him - I cannot remember what song but he went out of an effect but had cut off his sound by mistake, so the verse came back in with just bass. Minor things, but he certainly seemed a little on edge. Also Maynard was getting vexed with his sound, so maybe the techs were fucking up beforehand.
08-24-2007, 10:01 AM

During the break - before Wings / 10k Days - a lot of the keyboard sounds we heard were being played by Danny - think he had some form of old synth up towards his left side at shoulder height and when they were coming back on there was some MAJOR BASS action - the hairs in my nose (not to mention my ribcage) were vibrating like f**k!
Old 08-24-2007, 10:01 AM   #24
Level 4 - Thinker

During the break - before Wings / 10k Days - a lot of the keyboard sounds we heard were being played by Danny - think he had some form of old synth up towards his left side at shoulder height and when they were coming back on there was some MAJOR BASS action - the hairs in my nose (not to mention my ribcage) were vibrating like f**k!
OFFLINE |  
tangent's Avatar tangent
08-24-2007, 11:37 AM

I enjoyed the show, although I don't think it was as good as the last two times I saw Tool (also post 10,000 days release). The two people who were with me agreed.
Not that they don't still rock, they are still amazing, they have talent and meaning to their music that is unique, however by their own standard I felt they lacked the spark of enthusiasm they once had. Not to mention they seem to have lost any respect for their fans intelligence...
The venue wasn't great, I didn't mind people spilling drinks over me (it's expected) but they could have done something about people smoking. If the band can get "no bags allowed, no torches..." etc then I don't see why they couldn't prevent that.
Russian Circles put on a fantastic show, sorry I missed the start of it, I would go see them again.

P.S. I really hate how people cheer during 10,000 days lol
And I was the girl dancing in the polka dot dress so sorry if I annoyed anyone
Old 08-24-2007, 11:37 AM   #25
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 8

I enjoyed the show, although I don't think it was as good as the last two times I saw Tool (also post 10,000 days release). The two people who were with me agreed.
Not that they don't still rock, they are still amazing, they have talent and meaning to their music that is unique, however by their own standard I felt they lacked the spark of enthusiasm they once had. Not to mention they seem to have lost any respect for their fans intelligence...
The venue wasn't great, I didn't mind people spilling drinks over me (it's expected) but they could have done something about people smoking. If the band can get "no bags allowed, no torches..." etc then I don't see why they couldn't prevent that.
Russian Circles put on a fantastic show, sorry I missed the start of it, I would go see them again.

P.S. I really hate how people cheer during 10,000 days lol
And I was the girl dancing in the polka dot dress so sorry if I annoyed anyone
OFFLINE |  
russiancrow
08-25-2007, 02:01 AM

Absolutely mental. All has been said, therefore I will not reiterate...
haven't been able to sleep ever since, as I am still in shock. I was
standing the closest to the stage you could ever be, at the first barrier,
right in the middle, and had a perfect view of the entire stage, and
Maynard's incredible stage presence was mind-blowing as per usual.

The highlight was indeed Lateralus, and the fact that I did manage to
contain a few twats by preventing them from crowd-surfing throughout that
particular song, so precious to me I was also standing next to a tall and
gorgeous Scandinavian girl who probably was a model, thus was quite
fortunate in terms of eye candy to go along with the magnificent songs.
Unfortunately though, a lad and his girlfriend managed their ways to
the front and pushed everybody, much to my disappointment as they stole my
strategic position there.

Meanwhile, nobody has mentioned how intense the supporting band was.
Thought I'd made my point regarding those guys (Russian Circle) who were
purely instrumentals. Keep the great work guys!

Spiral out... thanks a trillion times Tool, and see you next time.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:01 AM   #26
Level 1 - Lurker

Absolutely mental. All has been said, therefore I will not reiterate...
haven't been able to sleep ever since, as I am still in shock. I was
standing the closest to the stage you could ever be, at the first barrier,
right in the middle, and had a perfect view of the entire stage, and
Maynard's incredible stage presence was mind-blowing as per usual.

The highlight was indeed Lateralus, and the fact that I did manage to
contain a few twats by preventing them from crowd-surfing throughout that
particular song, so precious to me I was also standing next to a tall and
gorgeous Scandinavian girl who probably was a model, thus was quite
fortunate in terms of eye candy to go along with the magnificent songs.
Unfortunately though, a lad and his girlfriend managed their ways to
the front and pushed everybody, much to my disappointment as they stole my
strategic position there.

Meanwhile, nobody has mentioned how intense the supporting band was.
Thought I'd made my point regarding those guys (Russian Circle) who were
purely instrumentals. Keep the great work guys!

Spiral out... thanks a trillion times Tool, and see you next time.
OFFLINE |  
russiancrow
08-25-2007, 02:07 AM

Saddened, should we all be. As Maynard did not indicate "see you next year" when he left the stage.
Hopefully he's got a plan and we will indeed see them decently soon.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:07 AM   #27
Level 1 - Lurker

Saddened, should we all be. As Maynard did not indicate "see you next year" when he left the stage.
Hopefully he's got a plan and we will indeed see them decently soon.
OFFLINE |  
Fabienne's Avatar Fabienne
08-25-2007, 10:13 AM

I went from France for the two concerts of Tool at Brixton Academy.
My english is not very good ; sorry if what I write is not always very understandable.

I had already seen Tool in Paris in june and december 2006.

I loved the first concert the 21 th but I found it a little short and I was a little disappointed by the lack of "Wings" . I was in the Circle, first rank , in the middle, for this first concert. Ideal to enjoy the wonderful visual show.

It was much better the second evening with a show of 15 minutes longer and "Wings". I was against the first barrier. Quite in front of Mr Adam Jones, my favourite Tool. It was a moment that I waited for long. Adam was brilliant without never doing demonstrations. I 'd love to be his guitar during "Rosetta stoned"

The highlight was for me "Schism" which is my favourite song of Tool. And "Wings" and "10 000 days" which are jewels on stage. Adam is splendid on these songs.

Maynard was very funny during the performance of Hermann Lee, with his cards and toilet paper. At the end , he has come back with him with a large honey smile to claim applauses for him. I don't reallly know how we must take all this. This guy is quite a clown.

I have taken my piece of toilet paper and I kept it. Many thanks to the very lovely boy on my left for the second piece he has given to me : I'll keep it all my life ^^

Music of Tool develops in large circles and spirals where everything takes place. Everything was so perfect .

It was the best and the more beautiful concert I have ever seen.

Last edited by Fabienne; 08-25-2007 at 10:16 AM..
Old 08-25-2007, 10:13 AM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

I went from France for the two concerts of Tool at Brixton Academy.
My english is not very good ; sorry if what I write is not always very understandable.

I had already seen Tool in Paris in june and december 2006.

I loved the first concert the 21 th but I found it a little short and I was a little disappointed by the lack of "Wings" . I was in the Circle, first rank , in the middle, for this first concert. Ideal to enjoy the wonderful visual show.

It was much better the second evening with a show of 15 minutes longer and "Wings". I was against the first barrier. Quite in front of Mr Adam Jones, my favourite Tool. It was a moment that I waited for long. Adam was brilliant without never doing demonstrations. I 'd love to be his guitar during "Rosetta stoned"

The highlight was for me "Schism" which is my favourite song of Tool. And "Wings" and "10 000 days" which are jewels on stage. Adam is splendid on these songs.

Maynard was very funny during the performance of Hermann Lee, with his cards and toilet paper. At the end , he has come back with him with a large honey smile to claim applauses for him. I don't reallly know how we must take all this. This guy is quite a clown.

I have taken my piece of toilet paper and I kept it. Many thanks to the very lovely boy on my left for the second piece he has given to me : I'll keep it all my life ^^

Music of Tool develops in large circles and spirals where everything takes place. Everything was so perfect .

It was the best and the more beautiful concert I have ever seen.

Last edited by Fabienne; 08-25-2007 at 10:16 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Surrey Tool
08-27-2007, 01:19 PM

7th show on this tour, dead heat with the Mansfield MA show that featured both Flood and Pushit and the Dublin show on Judith Marie's (and mine) birthday that I first saw Wings/10K Days. This show was nearly flawless. Maynard was as animated as I have ever seen him and the video/lasers totally enhanced the show. The Aug 21st show was great but I was down on the floor and too many tools in the crowd made it difficult to focus on the band (or the visuals) and not worry about someone smashing you in the mouth with a stray elbow. A Chris 'Jesus' Ferguson lookalike near me was way past the having a good time stage and into let me f-up the show for those around me mindset. Really no need for that. Thought Russian Circles were a significant improvement over Mastadon (Europe) and Big Business (US) opening acts. Lesson here is if you can't sing dont bother! A nice tight 30 minute instrumental set was a perfect warm up to the real show stoppers. Peace Out!

One last thought....wasn't Herman Lee a wonderful improvement over the dope that tried to play with Danny during Lateralus the night before?

Last edited by Surrey Tool; 08-27-2007 at 01:27 PM..
Old 08-27-2007, 01:19 PM   #29
Level 3 - Talker

7th show on this tour, dead heat with the Mansfield MA show that featured both Flood and Pushit and the Dublin show on Judith Marie's (and mine) birthday that I first saw Wings/10K Days. This show was nearly flawless. Maynard was as animated as I have ever seen him and the video/lasers totally enhanced the show. The Aug 21st show was great but I was down on the floor and too many tools in the crowd made it difficult to focus on the band (or the visuals) and not worry about someone smashing you in the mouth with a stray elbow. A Chris 'Jesus' Ferguson lookalike near me was way past the having a good time stage and into let me f-up the show for those around me mindset. Really no need for that. Thought Russian Circles were a significant improvement over Mastadon (Europe) and Big Business (US) opening acts. Lesson here is if you can't sing dont bother! A nice tight 30 minute instrumental set was a perfect warm up to the real show stoppers. Peace Out!

One last thought....wasn't Herman Lee a wonderful improvement over the dope that tried to play with Danny during Lateralus the night before?

Last edited by Surrey Tool; 08-27-2007 at 01:27 PM..
OFFLINE |  
otto77
08-28-2007, 01:00 AM

Did anyone else see the TV off to Justin's left showing the England/Germany match? He was keeping an eye on it during the show, though it was turned off for Wings...
Old 08-28-2007, 01:00 AM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

Did anyone else see the TV off to Justin's left showing the England/Germany match? He was keeping an eye on it during the show, though it was turned off for Wings...
OFFLINE |  
sleeperagent
08-28-2007, 01:14 PM

This was my first and hopefully not my last Tool show and I can honestly say it was the best concert I have ever seen. I had heard they put on a good show but I was not expecting what I saw. The lights were immence throughout the show and when the lasers started for wings I was blown away. The sound was excellent throughout and I was quietly surprised by how much Maynard interacted with the crowd after hearing that he was quite reclusive. I thought the fact that he stood at the back and generally resemballed a sillouette against the big moniters behind added to the whole effect of the show. Being a massive Iron Maiden fan I thought their shows would probably be the best shows I'd ever go too, but this show truley surpassed everything I have ever seen before. Top concert from a top band. Long may they continue to make great music and put on excellent shows.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:14 PM   #31
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my first and hopefully not my last Tool show and I can honestly say it was the best concert I have ever seen. I had heard they put on a good show but I was not expecting what I saw. The lights were immence throughout the show and when the lasers started for wings I was blown away. The sound was excellent throughout and I was quietly surprised by how much Maynard interacted with the crowd after hearing that he was quite reclusive. I thought the fact that he stood at the back and generally resemballed a sillouette against the big moniters behind added to the whole effect of the show. Being a massive Iron Maiden fan I thought their shows would probably be the best shows I'd ever go too, but this show truley surpassed everything I have ever seen before. Top concert from a top band. Long may they continue to make great music and put on excellent shows.
OFFLINE |  
fawks
08-29-2007, 04:08 AM

This was my fourth show since the release of 10,000 Day's and while Tool were as solid and spectaular as ever, I just wasnt as moved this time around as i have been i n the past. Maybe because somewhat ironically ive been de-sensitized by the same old songs. And maybe because the last show i saw at SECC in Glasgow is the single finest presentation of anything I have ever witnessed in my life.

I think they should close with Lateralus because the delivery of the last two minutes or-so of that song is really quite special.
But still, it was a good performance, everyone seemed in good spirits (until the very end when Maynard looked seriously pissed off with someone off-stage) and my mates really enjoyed themselves who were seeing them for the first time.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:08 AM   #32
Level 4 - Thinker

This was my fourth show since the release of 10,000 Day's and while Tool were as solid and spectaular as ever, I just wasnt as moved this time around as i have been i n the past. Maybe because somewhat ironically ive been de-sensitized by the same old songs. And maybe because the last show i saw at SECC in Glasgow is the single finest presentation of anything I have ever witnessed in my life.

I think they should close with Lateralus because the delivery of the last two minutes or-so of that song is really quite special.
But still, it was a good performance, everyone seemed in good spirits (until the very end when Maynard looked seriously pissed off with someone off-stage) and my mates really enjoyed themselves who were seeing them for the first time.
OFFLINE |  
Eon Blessed's Avatar Eon Blessed
09-21-2007, 03:47 AM

Hey guys - if you would like to see the original setlist (adam's sheet) go to mudislandvibe.co.uk

It belongs to my friend - and no, it won't be on ebay any time soon..cheers

I only went to this gig - my first tool gig, and it was the best gig I have ever experience - the very same friend of mine who owns the original setlist went to both and said there wasn't much difference between the two - except the song diff - oh well - it was spiritual.

London Brixton Setlist 21/08/07 (original - kindly donated by Adam's guitar tech)
Old 09-21-2007, 03:47 AM   #33
Level 2 - Poster

Hey guys - if you would like to see the original setlist (adam's sheet) go to mudislandvibe.co.uk

It belongs to my friend - and no, it won't be on ebay any time soon..cheers

I only went to this gig - my first tool gig, and it was the best gig I have ever experience - the very same friend of mine who owns the original setlist went to both and said there wasn't much difference between the two - except the song diff - oh well - it was spiritual.

London Brixton Setlist 21/08/07 (original - kindly donated by Adam's guitar tech)
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply