opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Jan-Feb 2007
User Name
Password
Old 01-17-2007, 10:11 PM   #1
Stealth Bomber

Bincount™: 37
2007/02/09 - Tokyo, JAP - Zepp

SETLIST --

Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
The Pot
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!

"Does this person ever post or is he a waste of space?" - fuckBrokers
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-09-2007, 06:49 AM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/02/09 - Tokyo, JAP - Zepp

sick, sick show. shame about all the rude foreigners who kept shouting, even after being asked twice by maynard to be quiet. it was obviously a song that the band were putting a lot of effort into both in terms of the visuals and performance, so it would have been nice to be able to enjoy the experience without stupid foreigners constantly telling eachother to shut the fuck up.
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-09-2007, 04:10 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
The Pot
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-09-2007, 04:45 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

The concert was great as usual. I oculdnt hear Maynards voice at all (well i was almost in front of the drums).... The only bad part was during wings when some stupid foreigners wouldnt shut up... I was really pissed, Wings is one of the best songs.....well it was funny to c them wearing Tools tshirts n didnt even know the chorus for a single song! I think it was during Lateralus when Maynard started to touch his dick n pointed those dickheads...

Stinkfist
46&2
Jambi
Schims
Lost keys/Rosetta stoned
The pot
Wings for Marie("be quiet!...")
10 000 days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænima

P.S.: Did anyone notice that Justin was walking arround the Zepp just before the gig???
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-10-2007, 03:02 PM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Amazing show. I couldn't believe how quiet and calm the crowd was. This was much better than the August show at Chiba (Summersonic). I was really pissed off the shouting before Wings for Marie. That kind of killed the mood and was a bit embarrassing. Totally wish I could have hit the second Tokyo show, but I was impressed with the set list. The setup before Lateralus was terrific. I missed the band getting on stage and the start of Stinkfist; I was outside smoking and drinking a beer. Overall, a great show!

Stinkfist
46&2
Jambi
Schism
Lost keys
Rosetta stoned
The pot
Wings for Marie "please be quiet"
10 000 days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænima
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-11-2007, 08:30 AM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

tool day 2-

so we got back to tokyo from the osaka show round 8:30am.**me Y and A split up and went our separate ways till that evening.
i was really tired after that bus ride.**taking that all night bus to osaka and then going to the show and then taking the all night bus back to tokyo really killed me, but i still had tonights show to look forward to.**
stopped at the 7/11 and drank a red bull and ate an onigiri on my way home from shinagawa where the bus let us off.**
got home, took a shower, put on my suit, got back on the train to be at work by 12pm.**worked until 4:45pm and changed into more suitable attire for the show.**
i was the first of my friends to arrive at the venue so i stopped at the convenience store for another red bull and some shochu and beer.**
sat out front drinking and being lazy till my friends from work showed up.**this was their first tool show and were pretty excited bout finally seeing tool.**Y and A didnt show up till after doors opened but it was ok because our ticket numbers were in the 200s.**ben could only go to the osaka and nagoya show, so he wasent there for this show.
security was light, same as at the osaka show.**noticed a marked increase in foreign**attendance.**
got inside and headed right for the rail stage left.**talked with some other foreigners while waiting for Y and A to arrive.**this foreigner was telling us how he heard from his friend that during the laturalus tour a few years ago tool came out and walked around the venue and talked with fans after the show.
dont know how true this is but that would be cool if could get a photo opportunity with them on the 14th.
Y and A show up and we chat for about 10 more mins.**we could all tell that this was going to be a rough crowed.**lots of big drunk loud foreigners.
the lights go down and all you could hear was 'fucking tool!,**fuck you maynard!'
it was going to be one of those shows....
this show i spent most of the time watching maynard.**he seemed to be really annoyed by all the assholes at the show.
right during the opening for wings for mary 2 foreigners were telling each other to, 'shut the fuck up!'**that went on for about 30 secs.**maynard told them to please be quite...it really wrecked the mood.**alot of people were pissed.
the band seemed to be going through the numbers.**not many smiles except between danny and justin.**
never really noticed that before.**theres alot going on between danny and justin.**'will have to remember to watch justin and danny tomorrow' i thought to myself.
during laturalus maynard started rubbing his crotch and pointing at this sexy JP girl next to me.**at first i though he was doing that to me! but then i looked at the girl and knew it wasent me...thank god!**i thought i was going to get the maynard fuck pass!**haha...
anyway, the show was a bit of a let down...but i was tired and didnt mind a drop in the energy.**
after the show we were going to go to this really good restaurant called ty harbor thats in odaiba near the venue but decied to save it for the next day.**instead we went to bamian (a chinese chain restaurant) and talked about the show.
my friends from work said it was the best show they had seen.
got home, put on the ninth gate and fell asleep on the sofa in 10mins.

ajen_trypt
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: