opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Aug-Oct 2006
User Name
Password
Old 09-24-2006, 02:29 AM   #41
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 174
Re: 2006/09/23 - Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheatre

Well, the setlist is correct for those not anal retentive and nerdy enough to feel the need to mention birthday songs and misc noise.

stinkfist and schism were extended and amazing.

why are Tool a great band? because this was probably the worst of the 5 times I've seen them and it was still an amazing show. As much as people claim to like a lot of 10,000 Days material, most of the crowd were pretty disinterested through wings/10k and rosetta stoned. Sorry folks but I don't think hearing Wings/10k is this epic fantastic gift we were waiting for. Albeit being on the floors and seeing the lasers spread out with the clouds over them above my head, and then looking back and seeing the stormy skies over the lawns...was an amazing moment visually. But comparing the overall art of the show to the setup at the ACC.

more review later, still partying.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-24-2006, 03:24 AM   #42
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0

More later... but...

Just to whet your apetities...

http://hawaiianpig.pfordee.com/tool-live/DSC01370.JPG
(good view of the band)

http://hawaiianpig.pfordee.com/tool-live/DSC01411.JPG
(The lighter moment. Awesome. Check out the stage :).)

http://hawaiianpig.pfordee.com/tool-live/DSC01421.JPG
(aaaaand the track that stole the show for me. Lateralus. Number one here. People may argue differently, but I'll touch on that on my review if I get around to it).
Old 09-24-2006, 05:59 AM   #43
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29

My first Tool concert and the most fucking awesome thing ever!

I was so glad they played Wings Part 1 & 2. Really amazing, Maynard's voice was in fine form in my opinion, assuming the illness was his he seems healed. The band played incredibly! Light/video screen show was really awesome too. FUCKING AWESOME CONCERT!! I was so happy, it was just so great. Loved the Leafs jersey that Maynard was wearing also, very cool ^^ I was on the aisle in 302 F, had a perfect view. Was glad that I could see the guys playing and everything ^^ Not one single complaint, though I would've liked hearing something from Undertow but that's not really a complaint just wishful thinking. Amazing!

Thanks for the pictures btw! Can't wait for more!

P.S. Who's Carol? O.o

Last edited by Insanekat; 09-24-2006 at 03:39 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-24-2006, 06:04 AM   #44
Level 1 - Lurker

He was so loud, he sure could yell.

My 4th time seeing Tool. This was my favorite Tool experience. I had a lot of stuff to say, but most of it has already been said. Finally got great seats for Tool - Sec. 201, Row J. Sweet.

Maynard in a Leafs jersey during Stinkfist was sweet, though I was probably one of a few hockey fans at the show that appreciated it. Looked like a McCabe jersey (24) but maybe it was personalized. There were no - NO - weak moments in the show. Every song was unbelievable, though Wings/Days, Lateralus and Aenema were easily the highlights.

Lasers are cool.

Memorable moments:
forty-six & 2 - the drum part at the end - OMFG!
Rosetta Stoned - hearing/ singing the "overwhelmed" part.
Singing Happy Birthday - I thought he said Tara, but we'll go with Carol. Either way, it was cool.
Wings/ Days - nothing less than a spiritual experience.
Lateralus - sames as above.
Maynard (before Aenema) - "Go home, eh."
Aenema - peformed live is beyond description. The crowd went nuts.

A couple of disappointing things. First, Maynard true to form did not talk to the crowd a lot, but damn. He always has something witty to say and it's a shame he doesn't do it more.

Second, to the annoying heavy set chick beside me - F-YOU! I think it's a rule that at least one person has to ruin the concert experience. This girl showed up with here three friends, but uh... there were only 2 empty seats beside me. So, on top of having no room, she stood there like a statue the whole night, arms folded, smoking the occasional cigarette, claping ONCE after 10,000 Days. I thought thrashing around like a fool during Stinkfist would be enough of a hint for her. It didn't work. But I didn't let it ruin my night.

Maynard, Adam, Danny, Justin - THANK YOU FOR KICKING ASS! That was a night I'll never forget.

M, S, J - NP4L!! OWW!
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-24-2006, 06:30 AM   #45
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 51

I was against the barricade on the floors, in front of Justin.

Wings for Marie/10,000 didn't translate well live.

Maynard didn't take off his sunglasses, and he repeated a stale joke.
When he looked at his watch during Rosetta Stoned, I don't think he was joking. Motherfucker looked bored striking poses in his flared jeans.

The band kicked ass. ROCK ON.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-24-2006, 06:35 AM   #46
Level 1 - Lurker

Hey all , Long time lurker... first time poster.

This was my first Tool show and first time at the Molson Ampitheater. The venue is awesome! I loved it, from the sound to the stage set up to the actual lay out of the bowl.
I was standing dead center lawns about 5 rows back with my bros. We were the 2 wearing black 10,000 days concert T's and smoking the real sweet smelling hashplant buds ( I was shocked at how much rank dirtweed was being smoked, smelled like schwag!) Anyways, I have to say I wasn't impressed with Isis, I know they have their fans on this tour but to me they sounded muddy and everything kind of sounded similar. The vocals were a mess, I dont know if this was due to short set up time for the opening band. After truly giving them a fair chance , I can say I wont be rushing out to pick up any of their stuff anytime soon (just MY .02)
After the guitar tech got some love from the crowd it was time for Tool and they did not disapoint. Stinkfist was great , there was an initial rush to the rail in the lawn section and no one could see anything until the security moved everyone back. I had some knuckledragger in front of me so it was off to find some short people to stand behind.
What a way to start a show! I didn't actually get the goosebumps until they pulled out all the stops with 10,000 days.
I can understand why SOME people weren't into wings1&2, but Tool albums are made to be felt, not just heard. It took me a few listens to wings and 10,000 days to "get" it, but once you get it you'll have a whole new respect for it.
Lateralus was great as well, vocals were a bit hard to hear during Rosetta stoned, extended bridge and double timed on Schism was truly an event and makes the tune that much better!
My only criticism would be that Maynard is boring to watch. I've read here that Maynard was "really animated tonight" and "thrashing around" and stuff.. Were you at the same show as me?! Cuz for me.. he rode an imaginary horse a coupla times and arched his back screaming but for 97% of the time he was out there.. he was standing by his pedestal... still.. just standing. Now Danny COMPLETELY makes up for this by just pummeling his drum kit. I watched in amazement, I just kept thinking " I can't belive he just played like this lastnight!" The guy must be in wicked shape I thought his arms would fall off. Wheres my deal with the devil?!?! I wanna do that too lol.
The rain was not really an issue luckily. I got drizzeled on but it kid of added to the overall ominous feel of the music and reflected the lasers through the drops and off the cloud cover nicely.
Tool fans were behaved for the most part, couple of drunks on the train home being loud but they were entertaining at least and kept me from dozing off.
Got home around 2 am, Niagara, and promptly was woke up at 8 am by my scred wife who let the dogs out only to discover somebody IN MY CAR!
Tool ticket... $57.
Tool T-shirt...$47.
Train ticket...$11.
Bag of weed..$0. ;)
Beer at the show..$10.50
Waking up at the crack of dawn and finding a drunk guy passed out in the front seat of your car because said F-TARD couldn't find his way home and your door just happened to be unlocked at 4 in the morning... PRICELESS!
5 Stars... Look out Cleveland!

See you next time round Adam, Justin, Danny and Maynard

PLEASE IF anyone has any videofootage of decent quality of this show, I'd love to have a copy of it!

Last edited by one percent; 09-24-2006 at 06:40 AM.. Reason: adding bottom text
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-24-2006, 06:44 AM   #47
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Morning!! What a fucking show.

I have pics and video from last night, I'll post them when I get home.

Security was lax by us and everyone and their fucking brother came down our isle (sec 202 row G). I"m only 5 ft tall, so I was getting pissed. I think the head of security saw what was going on and came over and cleared out the isle between 201 and 202 in like ten seconds.

The chick next to us had banoculars, so I really got to see the band close up! Our seats were awesome, it was definitely worth the trip.

Steve was CRAZY surprised, for those of you that are following my story. :) He had an amazing time at the show last night, I think he's still trying to wrap his head around the idea that we're in Toronto.

The crowd was 100% better in Toronto than in Detroit. The Detroit crowd was lame. Toronto had WAY more energy, and I think Maynard feeds off that, because he was better last night, too. He seemed more up beat and into it.

All in all, a great venue, awesome show, and a great trip. :)
Old 09-24-2006, 06:54 AM   #48
Banned.

Bincount™: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattz1010 View Post
Setlist is missing a little bit..

Stinkfist had an extra-long break/bridge section (before the end of the song).

White Lines
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-24-2006, 06:59 AM   #49
Level 3 - Talker

The concert was great!

The only problems i had were actually viewing that stage for the last half cause some jerkoff standed right in front of me, the cigarette smokers smoking right in you face, and over distoration at times.

They played well
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-24-2006, 07:00 AM   #50
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 67

SOOOO many drunk people. So stupid.
Actually the band fucked up a whole bunch of times, but it was funnier than it was maddening. I thought wings/days was nice and spectacular, namely because of the lazer show. A guy I met named Ethan and I got everyone to shut the fuck up during that song. Two people were getting into an altercation and I leaned forward, seperated them and said "listen guys, not during this song, please, not now". They stopped fighting, I started yelling "respect for the dead" and everyone shut up and stood still and nobody moved and we all just watched. It translated well if you were in the correct mindset as I and Ethan were.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:13 AM   #51
Level 3 - Talker

wow what a show, this was my 3rd tool show and tool put on a great show, i was a little bummed out on how far away i was (section 403 row O) but from where i was it sounded pretty damn good. I brought one of my friends who wasn't really into tool but i asked him how he liked them at the end of it and he was amazed how well they do put on a show and yes a new tool fan is born. Pretty much I just can't wait till they come to toronto again cause they are the best band touring right now!
Peace out
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-24-2006, 07:29 AM   #52

I had to fight to breathe at one point because I was so overwhelmed. It just amazes me how four people can create such an intense experience and send 16 000 people into a freny.
The D.C. "solos" in the middle of stinkfist and schism were sick.
I swear, right before stinkfist started, a big-white strange looking "plane" came from out of nowhere and flew directly over the amphitheatre. It than did a u-turn and disapeared from sight. uhhh yaaa!?

It was cool how adam fumbled danny's drum head after danny tossed it to him.

In addition, ISIS is one of my fav. bands and they added a lot for me. If they had the stage production and the later time slot that the boys in TOOL had, I think I would have felt it on an even deeper level. The banner behind them would look sick on one of my apartment walls.
p.s. The "plane" made no noise.

Last edited by glen; 09-24-2006 at 09:21 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-24-2006, 07:37 AM   #53
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

1st tool show.. i was in the pit, very first row, straight in front of adam

my favs from the show:

stinkfist, 46&2, lateralus, aenema

Wings is awsome live, especially infront of adam..the guitar is fuckin hypnotizing

also if you are very front row, the laser show is insane...there are times when you can reach up and stick yur hand in it

i also liked maynards animation during rossetta stoned, and also when he was running around his riser stage yelling "learn to swim" during aenema

in schism the fast part was awsome...danny is a crazy drummer
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-24-2006, 07:39 AM   #54
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregor.samsa
You know something? This is a fucken great band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepatient_10k View Post
thats the first thing i said when the lights came on.
Yeah, the lights are what make TOOL a great band... The great music they've been making since '92 was just a setup leading up to those lazers.

Moron.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-24-2006, 07:51 AM   #55
Level 4 - Thinker

hey toneman chill out there's no need for that. he was talking about the lights that came on at the END of the show and the band was FINISHED playing he said that to himself as the show had ended.

.....moron.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-24-2006, 08:15 AM   #56
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 0utsider View Post
fuck L. Ron Hubbard, fuck all his clones...
fuck all you junkies and fuck your short memories...
fuck retro anything, fuck your tattoos...
fuck all you junkies and fuck your short memories...
Ah yes. I gave a very loud laugh at that point.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:21 AM   #57
Level 1 - Lurker

lol you guys are nerds.

My first tool concert..I was there with a couple friends and met up with Siansfairy. A good time was had by all.

The lasers were fairly awesome. They needed more though, I think.

Also, Toneman: The music is a build up to lasers. That's how it should always be.

-Out.

More lasers.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-24-2006, 08:33 AM   #58
Level 1 - Lurker

"Alrighty then.......Picture this if you will"

Show #9 for me. Drove four hours from the depts of hell (Deroit Michigan) to the cultural phenomenon theat is Toronto, Canada. What a city, I'm still in awe. BTW, Hockey Hall of fame........AMAZING!

Set is as stated:

Stinkfist
The Pot
46 & 2
Jambi
Schism
Lost Keys / Rosetta Stoned
Wings / 10,000 Days
Lateralis
Vicarious
Aenema

Which was dsiappointing to the core. It is the exact same setlist as the previous night in Auburn Hills at the Palace. I was hoping they would add something special for our friends to the north, being the only Canadian stop on the eastern side of the continent. It is also the second straight night, they failed to preform any tracks off Undertow or Opiate. Being a fan of the earlier material, it saddens me to think that Tool has forgotten what was the basis for their current success, raw, uncompromised rock music.

Maynard busted out in a Toronto Mapleleafs #24 jersey but had that off before the end of Stinkfist. Cowboy hat and spiked Mowhawk, and those silly ass cowboy boots.....SHIT KICKERS.

Danny....NO BASKETBALL JERSEY???? WTF???

Justin......Fucking Rockin.....Head bangin like never before Stomping during the end of Aenema was a thrill

Adam...looking like the undead, per-usual...Solo of Jambi is Frampton-esque and almost steals the show. Maynard dancing during it was quite the spectacle.

The show stopper in Toronto was the same in Detroit. LATERALIS. There is a whole different energy when they preform that song. Being that they played my fav (Roseta Stoned), understand that this is an unbias opinion. You actually feel it when they play Lateralis.

Both Toronto and Detroit had really great,TOOL type of crowds. Knowledgable and fiending for every note.

A few special thanks before I cut out,

Thanks to Rob, Jeff, And Brian (my brother), for a great time in Detroit and for laughing when I pulled over at Crooks and I-75 to throw up. Half a 5th of Citron on the way there mixed with the Capt when I got there...moral?? dont mix 'em. Beth can tell you I was a bit Tipsey.

Thanks to Sean for hitting the road with me to Toronto. It was his first TOOL show and he did great. LOL

Thanks to the couple at that HOT and.....i forget restaraunt in Toronto,we didnt park near the venue there and were very thankful for the tip.

Thanks to the guy and gal we sat next to in TORONTO....It's nice meeting new people and when it's there 1st Tool show, seeing their amazment makes it feel like i'm a TOOL-VIRGIN all over again.

And Finally...Thanks to the Asshole at the border....You know if you quit being so fucking chatty I wont have to wait 30 minutes to get back into my own fuckin country and at 3:30 in the morning I can be a real bastard. But I'm not reatarded so I didnt say a word to him. LOL I did want to go home!
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-24-2006, 08:34 AM   #59
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 1007

Great show, other than the idiots around me "HEY BECKER!!! MEET ME AT THE BEER TENT IN 3 MINUTES!!!!" etc. etc. during wings...And Adam was just terrible I must say. He totally blew the very ending of 10,000 Days, fucked up several times in Rosetta Stoned, fucked up the solo in Lateralus a little bit...and those were just the ones i noticed/remember....but the new lights/screens/laser show was just incredible, absolutely mesmerizing. Highlights for me were wings/10000 days, 46&2, and aenema
Old 09-24-2006, 09:06 AM   #60
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobot View Post
Adam wasn't that bad dude.

The "screw up" in Lateralus isn't even a screw up, he's still playing in key. He's doing more improvising.

I heard the mistake at the end of 10,000 Days, but that doesn't count as "totally blew".

There was only the Rosetta Stoned one that I didn't like... where it's polyrhythmic before that really cool part before the solo........ that's okay though, at least he got it back.
No, unfortunately he wasn't improvising...his fingering was just really sloppy, sorry to say.

And the mistake totally blew the ending for me...."Daylight dims leaving cold flourescence"....da-na...da-OOOPS, misses the rest of the part. It's not a difficult part, just execute for fuck's sake. And then he almost did it again the next time through that riff but managed to pull it together...still didn't sound great though.

It was definitely, by far, the worst performance by Adam I've seen in the 5 tool shows I've attended.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:15 AM   #61
Level 1 - Lurker

This was the first time that I had seen Tool in concert. I can honestly say that I was totally blown away by the performance. I have never seen anything quite like it. I have seen a ton of concerts but this one took the cake. I had a good laugh when Maynard came out in the Toronto Leafs jersey. Also the lasers were unbelievable. The only complaint that I had was about the lawn area. I am only 5"1 and I found it almost impossible to see the stage at all at some points. I just ended up moving around so at least I could see something. Man, being short sucks ass. The whole concert sounded great. I thought after Anema they were going to do one more song...but alas...Maynard just waved and walked off stage. Tool thanks for the experience!! I can't wait for the next show!!

If anyone has pics from the show...please post them!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-24-2006, 09:18 AM   #62
Level 7 - Loquacious

Hawaiian Pig - That pic is nice, thanx (better than nothin') but doesn't really do that sight justice - White clouds rollin' in off the lake, covering up parts of the CN Tower, the TO downtown lights, lighters flame-on, TOOL's lasers --- S t u n n i n g!

I'd have to agree w/ hereandthere - couple of shaky notes in there (did kind of kill my vibe w/ the song) but that's nitpickin' LOL!

Quite a surprise - We were at the very (most southern) back part of the lawnz (against the white fence) Hats off to those ppl who enjoyed free admission to the TOOL concert last night!

"There's ppl who defend your borders, There's ppl who work on your plumbing, but the ppl who make your life worth living are the ppl who celebrate the freedom 2 b able 2 express yourself and have enjoyment of song and dance" - MJK
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-24-2006, 10:10 AM   #63
Level 2 - Poster

Wow, i fuking loved that show. It wasnt the hummingbird centre but it was still unreal. i was so amazed at the flooring. all white floor with some white speakers too. that was so crazy. i love how they tease us before almost every song. that was so mean though how they played just a few cords or keys of no quarter just before going into vicarious, or was it aenima, i cant remember but it was sooooooo cool. i couldnt believe all the effects they used. echoing maynards voice at times and the guitar effects were so mind blowing.
only thing that pissed me off was how fuking dead the crowd around me was. no one was moving to the music or for the very least nodding there head. yeesh. everyone needs to drink more and stop being so fuking down. it was cool though seeing a kid infront of me going nuts, headbanging to vicarious. :)
overall, VERY... VERY... Satisfied. :)
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-24-2006, 10:37 AM   #64
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underalus View Post
A guy I met named Ethan and I got everyone to shut the fuck up during that song. Two people were getting into an altercation and I leaned forward, seperated them and said "listen guys, not during this song, please, not now". They stopped fighting, I started yelling "respect for the dead" and everyone shut up and stood still and nobody moved and we all just watched. It translated well if you were in the correct mindset as I and Ethan were.
I agree completely, generally the people around me were quiet and kind of mellow, as I think it should be. Made that song more enjoyable ^^

Antcrusher - You were sitting around me I think then maybe? Cuz that happened with the people all coming, I couldn't see either I'm glad they cleared those people out, then I had a really nice view ^^
Old 09-24-2006, 10:53 AM   #65
Level 1 - Lurker

TOOL beat the shit out of me last night sonically and i loved it the show was so intense the waves of sounds just kept coming 10000 days rocked both parts and the faster part in #2mid way through was really cool its awsome watching adam and justin just feed off danny. the did'nt play anything off opiate or undertow which sucked cause those were the rocords that got me into TOOL but i love all there stuff so it really does'nt matter .any way it was a great show better than when i saw them at the hummingbird much better by the wat those were drum skins and sticks they were throwing out there and in case you want to know danny likes skinny puppy
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-24-2006, 10:57 AM   #66
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toneman View Post
Yeah, the lights are what make TOOL a great band... The great music they've been making since '92 was just a setup leading up to those lazers.

Moron.
I think what our friend meant was that when the lights came on (indicating the end of the show), he stated 'Tool is a great band'. I doubt if the lasers are what clued him in to the overall mystique and power of Tool.

This was one of the finer shows I've seen, if only due to the presence of 10 000 Days in the setlist. Maynard's voice changed for that one, and you could tell the song means a fair amount to him.

My highlights were certainly Forty Six and Two, Rosetta Stoned (quickly becoming my favourite) and Aenema, though, as I stated earlier, the Wings due was pretty damn powerful.

I was about three rows of people back from the rail, and could see everything, due to the presence of shorter people than I ahead of me. I didn't think that was possible.

Oh...and I caught one of Maynard's water bottles...part of a Multipack they bought in Michigan. It is one of my prized possessions.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:00 AM   #67
Level 1 - Lurker

It makes me laugh to here these assholes on this page bitch and complain about someones performance at the show you could'nt even come close to playing as good as these guys so shut the fuck up!
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-24-2006, 11:36 AM   #68
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Still recovering from last nights show! Awesome performance by the entire band!
Was my 3rd time seeing Tool (saw them in 1996 & 2002). I would say, even though last nights show was still great, it didnt match up with the previous times I saw them. Maybe because I've been a die hard fan since the beginning and no Opiate/Undertow being played anymore. Still, the new tracks kick ass live and I love them all. Was my first time at the Molson Amp, overall it wasn't bad, but I prefer outside General Admission venues like Molson Park in Barrie. I was in section 201, right on the aisle, was pretty good view, somewhat of a big angle but I could still see the entire band for the whole show.

Seems like everyone had a story about the drunk fans, or the idiots, and yes there were alot! I was feeling pretty damn good by the time TOOL took the stage. Coming from out of town and arriving 5 hours early will do that... lots of beer before the show! Alot of people were pretty drunk/wasted by the time 9:00 came. With the venue being where it is, you kinda have arrive early for parking etc., so the venue was pretty much full for ISIS when they played. Not very often have I seen the opening band perform to a packed audience. They must have loved it! ISIS, they were ok, but to me I didnt care too much about them. I dont think I would enjoy a 2hr set.

As for the TOOL setlist, I think everything has been summed up already, every song was performed great, Danny is amazing to watch, man he must be dead tired after a 2 hour set! The light show/effects were wicked.... overall I was pretty happy with the show. Setlist wasn't my favorite, however I still liked every song.
So glad they didn't play Sober... heard it a million times already.
But like I said, maybe 1 song off Undertow & Opiate would have been nice.

As for the merchandise... wow! $43, $47 for a t-shirt? $80 for a hoodie? WTF? An extra $5 for XXL??? Crazy, but people were paying it as the lineups were huge.

Looking forward to seeing TOOL again.... I hope they come back to Toronto/Hamilton area again before the next album.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-24-2006, 11:42 AM   #69
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOYANNISQATSI View Post
It makes me laugh to here these assholes on this page bitch and complain about someones performance at the show you could'nt even come close to playing as good as these guys so shut the fuck up!
Actually just now I sat down, figured out the part that adam fucked up (in about 45 seconds) and played it perfectly to a metronome 50 times straight.

Now had I rehearsed and rehearsed, over and over, not to mention recorded the track on an album, I think I'd be fine. Not trying to sound like I'm awesome or anything, its just not difficult to play.

I'm not bitching and complaining, I'm giving my REVIEW of the show, as per the forum heading "CONCERT REVIEWS". I gave positives, and negatives, one of which was the fact that Adam had some very conspicuous fuckups...

But "concert review" means just repeating over and over how unequivocally awesome Tool is, right?

fuck you, stupid
Old 09-24-2006, 12:07 PM   #70

Bincount™: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereandthere View Post
Actually just now I sat down, figured out the part that adam fucked up (in about 45 seconds) and played it perfectly to a metronome 50 times straight.

Now had I rehearsed and rehearsed, over and over, not to mention recorded the track on an album, I think I'd be fine. Not trying to sound like I'm awesome or anything, its just not difficult to play.

I'm not bitching and complaining, I'm giving my REVIEW of the show, as per the forum heading "CONCERT REVIEWS". I gave positives, and negatives, one of which was the fact that Adam had some very conspicuous fuckups...

But "concert review" means just repeating over and over how unequivocally awesome Tool is, right?

fuck you, stupid
yea but you dont have to be a cocky dick about it..yea i said cocky dick.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-24-2006, 12:08 PM   #71
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by five View Post
lol you guys are nerds.

My first tool concert..I was there with a couple friends and met up with Siansfairy. A good time was had by all.

The lasers were fairly awesome. They needed more though, I think.

Also, Toneman: The music is a build up to lasers. That's how it should always be.

-Out.

More lasers.
it was a grand 'ol time. and maynard's pecks were way firmer than dave gahan's at the ACC.

boh.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-24-2006, 12:14 PM   #72
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereandthere View Post

fuck you, stupid
I heard Adam fuck up, and I heard Maynard not sing lyrics, etc etc.
thats the difference between studio recordings and live music dude, live music is constructed at that moment, fuck ups and all, thats the brilliance of it.

I don't think people will give you shit on here just simply for not saying the show was brilliant, I just they just think yr a tard for saying that Adam is basically a moron for fucking up a simple guitar part. For a band with as many different keys, time signatures, patterns, moods, etc, for him to make a few mistakes is completely acceptable.

Live musicians who play with passion and heart is what I want to see, not live musicians who play with such fear out of maybe not being 100% technically accurate - are fucking robots that I have no interest in seeing.

If you want perfect musicianship, go see Yngwie Malmsteen and if he fucks up a diminished 7th minor, kill yourself out of disgust.

Adam is an artists, artists arent perfect. I'm sure you've messed up a guitar solo,. or raped a pack of underage girls in your time. We aint perfect mofucka.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-24-2006, 12:31 PM   #73
Level 1 - Lurker

i am blown away.
i keep postponing my review due to utter speechlessness.
six of us were sec. 201 row K.
im glad security wasnt tight in that section because we had two pipes going around for the duration of the show.
i am in disbelief at wings/10,000 days. it was my personal highlight. i felt it. i know some of you have said it was just alright; i encourage you to dig deeper into the song, because the level of intensity it reaches is insane.
lateralus was amazing as usual.
it really got to me that maynard missed the first scream of rosetta stoned, i dont know if you guys know what im talking about. i just remeber my reaction right at that moment, but shit happens and they obviously made it up.
danny carey, as always, IS A FUCKIN MONSTER!!!

COME BACK BEFORE YOU HIBERNATE FOR 5 MORE YEARS!
(although i doubt another album will come)

they nailed this show. NAILED IT in the sense that it was unfuckinbelievable, fuck ups or not.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOO
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-24-2006, 12:49 PM   #74
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianspheric View Post
I heard Adam fuck up, and I heard Maynard not sing lyrics, etc etc.
thats the difference between studio recordings and live music dude, live music is constructed at that moment, fuck ups and all, thats the brilliance of it.

I don't think people will give you shit on here just simply for not saying the show was brilliant, I just they just think yr a tard for saying that Adam is basically a moron for fucking up a simple guitar part. For a band with as many different keys, time signatures, patterns, moods, etc, for him to make a few mistakes is completely acceptable.

Live musicians who play with passion and heart is what I want to see, not live musicians who play with such fear out of maybe not being 100% technically accurate - are fucking robots that I have no interest in seeing.

If you want perfect musicianship, go see Yngwie Malmsteen and if he fucks up a diminished 7th minor, kill yourself out of disgust.

Adam is an artists, artists arent perfect. I'm sure you've messed up a guitar solo,. or raped a pack of underage girls in your time. We aint perfect mofucka.

Um, sure, ok...its just in my books, a GLARING fuckup at the end of a song that up until that point had been absolutely amazing, IS a bad thing...by your logic that live music is about "fuck ups and all" then a band who fucks up a lot is truly awesome as long as they play with passion. I pointed out that Adam fucked up a few times and it diminished the quality of the concert slightly for me...and someone called me an asshole...so its fine to fuck up, but it makes the song worse...don't see how you can argue with that.

Perfect musicianship combined with passionate writing is what makes great art...so that rules out Malmsteen.

And yes, I have messed up guitar solos, many times, and every time I did it made the song worse.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:50 PM   #75
Level 1 - Lurker

Unabelievable!!!!!!!!!
Mind boggling demonstration of sound and stunning visuals. Setlist seems correct.
Was in the Pit and feel the need to mention that there were two lovely ladies lol whom made the experience all the greater. Hats off to the Montreal girls who molested me during the performance te he he.
Tool remind's me of a finely aged bottle of wine that incredibly continues to grow sweeter and more potent with time!
My head is still vibrating/pulsating! Best concert I've witnessed in the long list of venues I've taken in.
Kind of felt bad for that dude that was escorted out of the pit early on with the bloody nose lol. He certainly missed a good show.
LONG LIVE TOOL!!!!
If any one has pix's from the show please post them as not many of us were fortunate enough to have sneaked a digi into the show : o (
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-24-2006, 01:10 PM   #76
Level 2 - Poster

Hung my camera off of my belt and kept it by my dick. Worked well enough.

http://hawaiianpig.pfordee.com/tool-live/

Disregard the last two pics.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:13 PM   #77
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Pics for sure....I neeeed them....dont' forget to send them to the TDL flickr site either....

Also...to whoever is saying that wings/10K days was only alright......"you musta been high"....

-David Cross
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-24-2006, 01:23 PM   #78
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianPig View Post
Hung my camera off of my belt and kept it by my dick. Worked well enough.

http://hawaiianpig.pfordee.com/tool-live/

Disregard the last two pics.
Disregard the last two pics??? Those were the only ones worth looking at! What the hell was that tree thing??

you get a C+ for effort though on the TOOL shots. Im mad at myself for not taking mine in It was VERY easy to slip a camera in there!
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-24-2006, 01:26 PM   #79
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Sith Park View Post
"I hate to say this .... but, your white doves were shit-hawks - 10/12 of them flyin' round all night LOL!
HAHA. It's a bummer I left my birdwatching guidebook in the car due to fear of confiscation at the gate.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-24-2006, 01:29 PM   #80
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by metric View Post
HAHA. It's a bummer I left my birdwatching guidebook in the car due to fear of confiscation at the gate.
I saw a guy get shit on by what I think was a goose...it landed on the sleeve of his lateralus t-shirt, but he was waaayy to fucked up to notice or care. Then he left, and some other guy came and sat in it...shame

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: