Intolerance
Schism
46 & 2
Lateralus
Aenema
OFFLINE |  
mikey6719
06-26-2010, 09:06 PM

BEST show of the four Ive seen. Family arena was loud , Maynards vocals were tolerable, and the band was out of control!! My daughters first show --- shes 15 and she cried with joy when we got home because of the experience! Tool did not disappoint!! Third eye OMG, thoight id never get to hear that live!
Two tickets to Tool concert 110 dollars, two shirts and a limited edition poster 110 dollars, experiencing Tool with my daughter( and having her LOVE IT) priceless!!!
Old 06-26-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 4
Re: 06.26.2010 - St. Charles, MO @ Family Arena

BEST show of the four Ive seen. Family arena was loud , Maynards vocals were tolerable, and the band was out of control!! My daughters first show --- shes 15 and she cried with joy when we got home because of the experience! Tool did not disappoint!! Third eye OMG, thoight id never get to hear that live!
Two tickets to Tool concert 110 dollars, two shirts and a limited edition poster 110 dollars, experiencing Tool with my daughter( and having her LOVE IT) priceless!!!
OFFLINE |  
hunglo42069
06-26-2010, 09:49 PM

Concert was f@#$ great the bass was loud the music was kick ass and once again they didn't disappoint.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:49 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

Concert was f@#$ great the bass was loud the music was kick ass and once again they didn't disappoint.
OFFLINE |  
O.G.T.92's Avatar O.G.T.92
06-26-2010, 09:55 PM

"Did you guys hear the one about the pope..... the rabbi.... and the hey... hey...hey... hey...."
In the middle of stinkfist he made reference to the state motto by saying "Show me".
Same setlist as the night before. Band was freakin awesome. Maynard apparently had something interesting on his phone as he was compelled to show Justin and Adam during the first solo in third eye. The drummer from Wovenhand came out during lateralus and i'm pretty sure for a long time he pretended like he had no clue how to play the drums. After the band came in though he was pretty darn good, aside from having to stare at and get cues from Danny for when to stop and start again. Oh Maynard used the same line as last night before Intolerance, sayng the song was older than 20 year olds attending. At the end of Aenema Maynard rushed off the stage while the others waved and hugged and threw pieces of equipment into the crowd. Guess some things are more important than thanking us for coming out to the show. Should probably say also that Intolerance was most surprising performance of the nioht. I had the lowest expectations of that song than any other, but they really got every ounce of power out of it. I really felt blown away. They should do another of its kind for sure, maybe Crawl Away or Sweat. Worth every penny.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:55 PM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 42

"Did you guys hear the one about the pope..... the rabbi.... and the hey... hey...hey... hey...."
In the middle of stinkfist he made reference to the state motto by saying "Show me".
Same setlist as the night before. Band was freakin awesome. Maynard apparently had something interesting on his phone as he was compelled to show Justin and Adam during the first solo in third eye. The drummer from Wovenhand came out during lateralus and i'm pretty sure for a long time he pretended like he had no clue how to play the drums. After the band came in though he was pretty darn good, aside from having to stare at and get cues from Danny for when to stop and start again. Oh Maynard used the same line as last night before Intolerance, sayng the song was older than 20 year olds attending. At the end of Aenema Maynard rushed off the stage while the others waved and hugged and threw pieces of equipment into the crowd. Guess some things are more important than thanking us for coming out to the show. Should probably say also that Intolerance was most surprising performance of the nioht. I had the lowest expectations of that song than any other, but they really got every ounce of power out of it. I really felt blown away. They should do another of its kind for sure, maybe Crawl Away or Sweat. Worth every penny.
OFFLINE |  
tooldude's Avatar tooldude
06-26-2010, 10:08 PM

The band was fantastic.. The crowd sucked ass. People throwing shit, moshing, some fatass dude taking his shirt off. What a bunch of white trash hillbillies. Setlist didnt change. The poster for the show was done by Justin instead of Adam but really wasn't that cool looking. Maynard said "show me" as in Missouri the show me state right before the extended part of stinkfist. Double fisting wine bottles. Danny was sportin a Kobe Bryant jersey. The drummer from wovenhand joined in on lateralus again. Adam and Justin were their usual badass selfs.
09.08.01 06.15.07 06.17.07 06.23.07 06.29.07 08.07.09 08.08.09 06.25.10 06.26.10 01.24.12 02.04.12 06.23.12 01.22.16 01.23.16 06.07.17 06.08.17 05.20.18 05.08.19 11.02.19 01.29.20 03.04.22 03.18.22 05.25.23
Old 06-26-2010, 10:08 PM   #5
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 7

The band was fantastic.. The crowd sucked ass. People throwing shit, moshing, some fatass dude taking his shirt off. What a bunch of white trash hillbillies. Setlist didnt change. The poster for the show was done by Justin instead of Adam but really wasn't that cool looking. Maynard said "show me" as in Missouri the show me state right before the extended part of stinkfist. Double fisting wine bottles. Danny was sportin a Kobe Bryant jersey. The drummer from wovenhand joined in on lateralus again. Adam and Justin were their usual badass selfs.
09.08.01 06.15.07 06.17.07 06.23.07 06.29.07 08.07.09 08.08.09 06.25.10 06.26.10 01.24.12 02.04.12 06.23.12 01.22.16 01.23.16 06.07.17 06.08.17 05.20.18 05.08.19 11.02.19 01.29.20 03.04.22 03.18.22 05.25.23
OFFLINE |  
Dgreg99
06-26-2010, 11:18 PM

For the next two hours, nothing out there has anything to do with what's going on in here.

- Maynard

My 7th show and unbelievable as always! Visuals were stunning and the band was amazing!
Lots of trash talk posted on Maynards vocals but I believe he is preserving them for the record they are about to record!!!! The megaphone makes sense! Set list was perfect and I was pleased with crowd participation. Lateralus was the truth and Adam stole the show
Old 06-26-2010, 11:18 PM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

For the next two hours, nothing out there has anything to do with what's going on in here.

- Maynard

My 7th show and unbelievable as always! Visuals were stunning and the band was amazing!
Lots of trash talk posted on Maynards vocals but I believe he is preserving them for the record they are about to record!!!! The megaphone makes sense! Set list was perfect and I was pleased with crowd participation. Lateralus was the truth and Adam stole the show
OFFLINE |  
Melbatunes
06-26-2010, 11:30 PM

EPIC show, great venue, bass was VERY loud at first but sound improved as show went on. Opening with "Third Eye" and closing with "Aenima" was fucking brilliant. I thought Maynard sounded great...
Old 06-26-2010, 11:30 PM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

EPIC show, great venue, bass was VERY loud at first but sound improved as show went on. Opening with "Third Eye" and closing with "Aenima" was fucking brilliant. I thought Maynard sounded great...
OFFLINE |  
NamasteChris
06-27-2010, 01:56 AM

7th time seeing Tool. I can honestly say this is easily #1 now. OMG, what a beautiful night. I actually got to hear the guys play Third Eye which was worth it all right there. They could have said goodnight right after it and it would have been good enough for me, lol. The setlist is great and for anyone on the fence or just considering going to one of these shows on this tour...I strongly suggest that you do because it is pure genius. I loved the extended versions and tweeks to all of the songs. Lateralus is my favorite song in this entire universe and they just smashed it. This rendition of AEnima is quite possibly the greatest thing I've ever heard...the way Maynard changes it up towards the end was fan fucking tastic. Overall great great night...should have mentioned my wife and I were no more than 10-15 feet from Justin right in front of him and I'm quite sure that we acknowledged one another on a few different occasions. Normally I focus more so in on Maynard or Danny but tonight I gained an even new level of respect for Justin. They are truly a unit.... a once in a lifetime, never going to be another band like it for as long as live kind of unit. Had a completely kick ass time out in the parking lot afterwards with some great people and a very unique dude playing a great drum. It was a great send off into the night. The one and only downer is, like tooldude said, the honky tonk white trash was out in full force and our group nearly got into it with this fat slob of a man pretending he wrote for Spin Magazine. Just so you know you toolbag, you are absolutely the epitome of everything that this band hates in people. So go and write about that. Aside from that little bit of nothing, it was a phenomenal evening and one that I will cherish for a very long time. PEACE
Old 06-27-2010, 01:56 AM   #8
Level 3 - Talker

7th time seeing Tool. I can honestly say this is easily #1 now. OMG, what a beautiful night. I actually got to hear the guys play Third Eye which was worth it all right there. They could have said goodnight right after it and it would have been good enough for me, lol. The setlist is great and for anyone on the fence or just considering going to one of these shows on this tour...I strongly suggest that you do because it is pure genius. I loved the extended versions and tweeks to all of the songs. Lateralus is my favorite song in this entire universe and they just smashed it. This rendition of AEnima is quite possibly the greatest thing I've ever heard...the way Maynard changes it up towards the end was fan fucking tastic. Overall great great night...should have mentioned my wife and I were no more than 10-15 feet from Justin right in front of him and I'm quite sure that we acknowledged one another on a few different occasions. Normally I focus more so in on Maynard or Danny but tonight I gained an even new level of respect for Justin. They are truly a unit.... a once in a lifetime, never going to be another band like it for as long as live kind of unit. Had a completely kick ass time out in the parking lot afterwards with some great people and a very unique dude playing a great drum. It was a great send off into the night. The one and only downer is, like tooldude said, the honky tonk white trash was out in full force and our group nearly got into it with this fat slob of a man pretending he wrote for Spin Magazine. Just so you know you toolbag, you are absolutely the epitome of everything that this band hates in people. So go and write about that. Aside from that little bit of nothing, it was a phenomenal evening and one that I will cherish for a very long time. PEACE
OFFLINE |  
jimmysombrero
06-27-2010, 06:51 AM

The show was pretty amazing. This was only my third time seeing Tool, but most certainly the best. It seemed like the vocals were a little low and bass a little high at the beginning of the show. They did some adjustments and cleaned up the sound pretty quick. The Aenema closing was one of the greatest performances at a live show EVER. Maynard started off by giving props to Bill Hicks by saying that everything is going to be ok then went into his little joke and after that my mind was blown. Like a couple people have said, the only issue with the show was all the douchbag drunk hillbillies. I think that is just a side effect of going to a show in STL though. They always seem to be in full force at baseball games too.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:51 AM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

The show was pretty amazing. This was only my third time seeing Tool, but most certainly the best. It seemed like the vocals were a little low and bass a little high at the beginning of the show. They did some adjustments and cleaned up the sound pretty quick. The Aenema closing was one of the greatest performances at a live show EVER. Maynard started off by giving props to Bill Hicks by saying that everything is going to be ok then went into his little joke and after that my mind was blown. Like a couple people have said, the only issue with the show was all the douchbag drunk hillbillies. I think that is just a side effect of going to a show in STL though. They always seem to be in full force at baseball games too.
OFFLINE |  
donkeynorris
06-27-2010, 10:02 AM

It was my 8th time seeing tool and it was also my favorite one. I don't have anything negative to say about it. The music, sold out crowd, videos were all great. They sounded really good. Opening with Third Eye took us back to 1997. That song is really epic and it set the tone for the rest of the show. Glad they played Intolerance. Good to get an Undertow song in the set list.

When Maynard takes out his phone and walks up to another band member, he is making a joke about people taking pictures with their iphones during the show.

They had some extensions/jams on Intolerance, Stinkfist, Schism, Lateralus (with the Wovenhand drummer). I think the end of Third Eye might have also been extended a little.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:02 AM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 5

It was my 8th time seeing tool and it was also my favorite one. I don't have anything negative to say about it. The music, sold out crowd, videos were all great. They sounded really good. Opening with Third Eye took us back to 1997. That song is really epic and it set the tone for the rest of the show. Glad they played Intolerance. Good to get an Undertow song in the set list.

When Maynard takes out his phone and walks up to another band member, he is making a joke about people taking pictures with their iphones during the show.

They had some extensions/jams on Intolerance, Stinkfist, Schism, Lateralus (with the Wovenhand drummer). I think the end of Third Eye might have also been extended a little.
OFFLINE |  
toolband46and2
06-27-2010, 11:00 AM

Excellent show, the sound was loud and the stage lights were perfect. We were in General admission floor about 5 feet behind the unusual gate that was placed in the center seperating the yellow and green armbands. My 9th show and probably one of the best. Nardo's voice was spectacular, Adam played his ass out, Justin was jammin out as always, Danny well, words can not describe his talent but wow!! Got a boner watching him play!! The crowd was the usual STL crowd, with plenty of nuckleheads that were trying to start a pit. I was able to smoke my doobies in piece without any problems. Got this 37 year old chick very stoned that she became very talkative, she kinda sounded like Lois from Family Guy!! I was amazed how the screens came down coupled with the lazers, very beautiful and trippy, especially since I was baked. Overall this was a great experience, Tool is a band that you just don't go and see, it's an experience that touches on all my senses even tickled my balls a bit!! I highly recommend going to see them if they come to your area. I hope they finish their tour and write some new material. I cannot wait to see TOOL again. Thank you Maynard, Adam, Justin, and Danney for an excellent show, keep up the fantastic job!!!
Old 06-27-2010, 11:00 AM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

Excellent show, the sound was loud and the stage lights were perfect. We were in General admission floor about 5 feet behind the unusual gate that was placed in the center seperating the yellow and green armbands. My 9th show and probably one of the best. Nardo's voice was spectacular, Adam played his ass out, Justin was jammin out as always, Danny well, words can not describe his talent but wow!! Got a boner watching him play!! The crowd was the usual STL crowd, with plenty of nuckleheads that were trying to start a pit. I was able to smoke my doobies in piece without any problems. Got this 37 year old chick very stoned that she became very talkative, she kinda sounded like Lois from Family Guy!! I was amazed how the screens came down coupled with the lazers, very beautiful and trippy, especially since I was baked. Overall this was a great experience, Tool is a band that you just don't go and see, it's an experience that touches on all my senses even tickled my balls a bit!! I highly recommend going to see them if they come to your area. I hope they finish their tour and write some new material. I cannot wait to see TOOL again. Thank you Maynard, Adam, Justin, and Danney for an excellent show, keep up the fantastic job!!!
OFFLINE |  
3nglish
06-27-2010, 12:32 PM

Section 216.

This was my first Tool concert, and it exceeded all of my expectations (which were quite high after reading some of the reviews on this site). The moment Third Eye started, I knew I would be in for the evening of a life time. I've seen quite a few shows in my time (mostly classic rock [Styx, Foreigner, Boston, Journey, etc]) and they seem washed up after this show. The band was spot on, and everyone seemed to be into it. The visuals were absolutely stunning - like nothing I've ever seen before. Everyone who says that Tool concerts are an experience for all of the senses: you're right.

My only complaint has been stated before: some members of the crowd were less than stellar. When Wovenhand started the set, some asshole behind me started chanting "USA! USA!" After the show started though, I had no complaints.

I took my girlfriend to the show (I introduced her to Tool about a year ago), and she said it was the best night of her life. We'll definitely be seeing them again if they come around.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:32 PM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

Section 216.

This was my first Tool concert, and it exceeded all of my expectations (which were quite high after reading some of the reviews on this site). The moment Third Eye started, I knew I would be in for the evening of a life time. I've seen quite a few shows in my time (mostly classic rock [Styx, Foreigner, Boston, Journey, etc]) and they seem washed up after this show. The band was spot on, and everyone seemed to be into it. The visuals were absolutely stunning - like nothing I've ever seen before. Everyone who says that Tool concerts are an experience for all of the senses: you're right.

My only complaint has been stated before: some members of the crowd were less than stellar. When Wovenhand started the set, some asshole behind me started chanting "USA! USA!" After the show started though, I had no complaints.

I took my girlfriend to the show (I introduced her to Tool about a year ago), and she said it was the best night of her life. We'll definitely be seeing them again if they come around.
OFFLINE |  
Jambi88's Avatar Jambi88
06-27-2010, 12:48 PM

I can't say much that hasn't already been mentioned. This is my second Tool show, the first being Lollapalooza in 2009. This one was by far the best. Maynard was awesome, and seemed more enthused about playing [some folks were disappointed last year]. The rest of the band was on fire.

During Vicarious(?), Adam got a little off beat. I'm not bashing him; he did a phenomenal job, but what I noticed was quite funny. Just as he began to get off beat, he put his foot forward and tipped his guitar back [as if to activate star power on guitar hero] and started shredding again.

I was very pleased to experience Third eye, The Patient, and Intolerance. I had a great seat, on the 2nd story just to the left of the stage. This was easily one of the best nights of my life, and being partially deaf for 24 hours was well worth it.

Last edited by Jambi88; 06-27-2010 at 12:51 PM..
Old 06-27-2010, 12:48 PM   #13
Level 4 - Thinker

I can't say much that hasn't already been mentioned. This is my second Tool show, the first being Lollapalooza in 2009. This one was by far the best. Maynard was awesome, and seemed more enthused about playing [some folks were disappointed last year]. The rest of the band was on fire.

During Vicarious(?), Adam got a little off beat. I'm not bashing him; he did a phenomenal job, but what I noticed was quite funny. Just as he began to get off beat, he put his foot forward and tipped his guitar back [as if to activate star power on guitar hero] and started shredding again.

I was very pleased to experience Third eye, The Patient, and Intolerance. I had a great seat, on the 2nd story just to the left of the stage. This was easily one of the best nights of my life, and being partially deaf for 24 hours was well worth it.

Last edited by Jambi88; 06-27-2010 at 12:51 PM..
OFFLINE |  
ChachiTron5000
06-27-2010, 01:41 PM

Third Eye
Jambi
(-)Ions
Stinkfist
Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Intolerance
Schism
46 & 2
Lateralus
Aenema

As mentioned before, no major alterations to the set from the previous week's shows. Seemed longer with the interludes and segues.

This was my 19th show, and was a great experience. Whereas catching last year's tour was force of habit for me, this was a last minute, much debated, very deliberate choice. I didn't pick up tickets until the day before, thank you e-bay. And thanks to everybody who posted reviews here last week, it was you guys that convinced me this one would be worth the trip. And it was.

Wovenhand was, I thought, very interesting. And quite good. The singer totally reminded me of Owen Wilson's character in 'The Royal Tenenbaums'. I'm going to have to check them out some more.

I'm not sure that I've ever been to an arena where the GA floor was divided into a front and a rear half. I thought it was weird, but it was completely irrelevant to me, as I had seats :)

We were in the 1st section of the lower bowl on Justin's side, about 10 rows back. The crowd was good in our section. On their feet the whole time and moving and making a lot of noise. Justin was looking at us a lot, and waved at us once like 'Let me hear it!', which got a nearly hysterical response. Great view of the stage and the band, except Danny's head was perfectly concealed by a cymbal. Kind of odd only being able to see his torso and arms, but still cool. He had the 'melted down Paiste' bass drums out... but apparently he's replaced some of the toms with roto-toms. I thought I saw some of the old Simmons pads in there as well, which was interesting- I thought it was all Mandala pads now. Anyway, MJK did come off the riser with the cell phone early on, and was pretty animated throughout. Adam was Adam, stoic as always.

I'm lucky enough to have seen the band perform every song from this set previously, and my comments are based on that, compared to what I've seen before.

Third Eye- One of the main reasons I wanted to see this set, it's been forever since I saw it. Great way to start the show & set the mood. Overall, I felt like it didn't quite have the... stability? Not sure what word I'm looking for, but it was loosey-goosey there at times. There was a brief new extension near the end that was cool. Pulled it in pretty tight at the end.

Jambi- I honestly would have said the looseness of Third Eye was intentional, had it not been for Jambi. Just seemed like they were having trouble getting locked in. I don't think they really got settled until the talk-box solo. From there to the end was perfect.

Stinkfist- Just what we needed at that point, a little more straight forward, and super tight. I love the extension to this song, and Oh My God, Danny shreds on that part. His arms were literally just a blur playing that hi-hat part. It was amazing. I definitely heard MJK say 'Show Me' or 'Show Me Something' at the start of the extension. Not being from Missouri, I didn't interpret it as a reference to the state motto at all, as was previously suggested. It made me think of the extra verse from the OTRM version of Prison Sex. Interesting.

Vicarious- Pretty straight, and very solid. I'm somehow not as bothered by MJK not singing the outro on this one, when it's not the closer...

Eon Blue Apocalypse/The Patient- Awesome. I was lucky enough to see this one during the Lateralus tour, and I'm glad that more people got to do so now. It really translates well, live.

Intolerance- Great to have Undertow era songs still in the rotation. Loved the 'murky' feel of the red lights and album art. This also makes me feel old, as MJK once again pointed out that a fair percentage of the crowd was either not conceived or very young when this was new.

Schism- No surprises. The double-time extension still makes this one really rock the house. Personally, I'm about at the point with this song that I was at with 'Sober' before it faded out of the rotation. I've probably just seen it too many times :)

46 & 2- On the other hand, this one never seems to get old. Really solid. Vaguely annoyed that the moving LED screens were lowered to a point where they obstructed my view of Danny during this song. Watching him play that breakdown is always so great.

Lateralus- The guest drummer thing. Seemed to take a long while before it really went anywhere interesting. It was funny watching MJK just sorta lean on his mic stand and observe.

Aenema- The last 2 or 3 shows that I've been to didn't include this one, and I have to say it was nice to have it back. I like it a lot better than Vicarious as a closer, personally. It's just such an awesome statement. Time to bring it down again.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:41 PM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

Third Eye
Jambi
(-)Ions
Stinkfist
Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Intolerance
Schism
46 & 2
Lateralus
Aenema

As mentioned before, no major alterations to the set from the previous week's shows. Seemed longer with the interludes and segues.

This was my 19th show, and was a great experience. Whereas catching last year's tour was force of habit for me, this was a last minute, much debated, very deliberate choice. I didn't pick up tickets until the day before, thank you e-bay. And thanks to everybody who posted reviews here last week, it was you guys that convinced me this one would be worth the trip. And it was.

Wovenhand was, I thought, very interesting. And quite good. The singer totally reminded me of Owen Wilson's character in 'The Royal Tenenbaums'. I'm going to have to check them out some more.

I'm not sure that I've ever been to an arena where the GA floor was divided into a front and a rear half. I thought it was weird, but it was completely irrelevant to me, as I had seats :)

We were in the 1st section of the lower bowl on Justin's side, about 10 rows back. The crowd was good in our section. On their feet the whole time and moving and making a lot of noise. Justin was looking at us a lot, and waved at us once like 'Let me hear it!', which got a nearly hysterical response. Great view of the stage and the band, except Danny's head was perfectly concealed by a cymbal. Kind of odd only being able to see his torso and arms, but still cool. He had the 'melted down Paiste' bass drums out... but apparently he's replaced some of the toms with roto-toms. I thought I saw some of the old Simmons pads in there as well, which was interesting- I thought it was all Mandala pads now. Anyway, MJK did come off the riser with the cell phone early on, and was pretty animated throughout. Adam was Adam, stoic as always.

I'm lucky enough to have seen the band perform every song from this set previously, and my comments are based on that, compared to what I've seen before.

Third Eye- One of the main reasons I wanted to see this set, it's been forever since I saw it. Great way to start the show & set the mood. Overall, I felt like it didn't quite have the... stability? Not sure what word I'm looking for, but it was loosey-goosey there at times. There was a brief new extension near the end that was cool. Pulled it in pretty tight at the end.

Jambi- I honestly would have said the looseness of Third Eye was intentional, had it not been for Jambi. Just seemed like they were having trouble getting locked in. I don't think they really got settled until the talk-box solo. From there to the end was perfect.

Stinkfist- Just what we needed at that point, a little more straight forward, and super tight. I love the extension to this song, and Oh My God, Danny shreds on that part. His arms were literally just a blur playing that hi-hat part. It was amazing. I definitely heard MJK say 'Show Me' or 'Show Me Something' at the start of the extension. Not being from Missouri, I didn't interpret it as a reference to the state motto at all, as was previously suggested. It made me think of the extra verse from the OTRM version of Prison Sex. Interesting.

Vicarious- Pretty straight, and very solid. I'm somehow not as bothered by MJK not singing the outro on this one, when it's not the closer...

Eon Blue Apocalypse/The Patient- Awesome. I was lucky enough to see this one during the Lateralus tour, and I'm glad that more people got to do so now. It really translates well, live.

Intolerance- Great to have Undertow era songs still in the rotation. Loved the 'murky' feel of the red lights and album art. This also makes me feel old, as MJK once again pointed out that a fair percentage of the crowd was either not conceived or very young when this was new.

Schism- No surprises. The double-time extension still makes this one really rock the house. Personally, I'm about at the point with this song that I was at with 'Sober' before it faded out of the rotation. I've probably just seen it too many times :)

46 & 2- On the other hand, this one never seems to get old. Really solid. Vaguely annoyed that the moving LED screens were lowered to a point where they obstructed my view of Danny during this song. Watching him play that breakdown is always so great.

Lateralus- The guest drummer thing. Seemed to take a long while before it really went anywhere interesting. It was funny watching MJK just sorta lean on his mic stand and observe.

Aenema- The last 2 or 3 shows that I've been to didn't include this one, and I have to say it was nice to have it back. I like it a lot better than Vicarious as a closer, personally. It's just such an awesome statement. Time to bring it down again.
OFFLINE |  
SIU LAW
06-27-2010, 01:58 PM

At the risk of sounding like a complainer, I thought this show was good, but not great. I am a huge TOOL fan, and this was my third tour, so I hate to be somewhat negative.

MJK's voice just did not seem to be consistently there, and I felt that the band strangely seemed out of step with one another at times. Someone said "loose," and I think that is a pretty fair critique. Especially on Jambi. Pretty surprising I must say, based off of past performances I have seen.

I also felt like the visuals were a step down from the past two tours. Perhaps it just because I have seen them before, the effect of the visuals have wore off for me.

With all that said, there were positives, with Stinkfist and the extended section of the song, being one of them. I hope to catch them again when they tour some new material.

Last edited by SIU LAW; 06-27-2010 at 02:28 PM..
Old 06-27-2010, 01:58 PM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

At the risk of sounding like a complainer, I thought this show was good, but not great. I am a huge TOOL fan, and this was my third tour, so I hate to be somewhat negative.

MJK's voice just did not seem to be consistently there, and I felt that the band strangely seemed out of step with one another at times. Someone said "loose," and I think that is a pretty fair critique. Especially on Jambi. Pretty surprising I must say, based off of past performances I have seen.

I also felt like the visuals were a step down from the past two tours. Perhaps it just because I have seen them before, the effect of the visuals have wore off for me.

With all that said, there were positives, with Stinkfist and the extended section of the song, being one of them. I hope to catch them again when they tour some new material.

Last edited by SIU LAW; 06-27-2010 at 02:28 PM..
OFFLINE |  
jeffjourdain
06-27-2010, 02:06 PM

This was not only my first Tool show, it was my first concert having GA tickets. The experience was by far one of the best experiences of my life. The show was completely indescribable. Here were these four guys that I held on the highest pedestal for as long as I can remember. To me, they were legendary. Yet, for two hours I was able to witness them in all their glory front and center, right on the rail.

I have read a lot of people talking about how bad the crowd us. Honestly, I can't say enough good things about the crowd I was with. In fact, I came away with a few new friends.

My girlfriend and I arrived at the Family Arena at 8:30AM yesterday morning, and were greeted by 3 campers that had been there since 2AM that morning (that's true fucking dedication). They were so nice to us they even let us share their tent. By 10AM we had a small group of around 7 people, and that's the way we stayed until others started lining up around noon. We were all swapping stories and sharing snacks, just sitting around a little stereo doing the best it could to blare the Tool discography from Opiate to 10,000 Days.

I know anybody who was standing outside in the 105 degree heat index remembers the exhilaration they felt as they were greeted by the sweet embrace of the air conditioning as they rushed into the venue as the doors opened. We both snagged a spot at the rail, right in front of the Danny's kit.

Wovenhand was pretty good. I was really relieved because I had heard some horror stories about the previous Tool openers. I was impressed by their sound. It's easy to see why they were chosen this year. You could not only hear the Tool influences in their music, but the frontman was so intense -- just like another frontman we all know and love.

Like I said previously, the Tool set was almost completely indescribable. The music, the visuals -- everything. This morning my girlfriend compared it to taking drugs. The Third Eye opening was fucking amazing and it set the tone for the rest of the show. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, the next song would start and completely kick my ass. It was good to see the Wovenhand drummer come out and play with Danny on Lateralus. There was playful back and forth, like Danny was basically teaching the guy how to play. I hope somebody got video of the Aenema finish for posterity because it was truly epic.

It's my opinion that the entire band was working like a well oiled machine. I also liked the fact that Adam, Danny and Justin all hung around at the end of the show and soaked up the applause. To me, it showed that they were still having fun and enjoyed playing the show. Maynard didn't stick around, but come on.. is anybody surprised? That's just Maynard.

If you are thinking about going to a show, but still have doubts or reservations: GET YOUR TICKETS TODAY! YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

I will never forget my first Tool show, and I'll be counting down the days until the next tour.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:06 PM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

This was not only my first Tool show, it was my first concert having GA tickets. The experience was by far one of the best experiences of my life. The show was completely indescribable. Here were these four guys that I held on the highest pedestal for as long as I can remember. To me, they were legendary. Yet, for two hours I was able to witness them in all their glory front and center, right on the rail.

I have read a lot of people talking about how bad the crowd us. Honestly, I can't say enough good things about the crowd I was with. In fact, I came away with a few new friends.

My girlfriend and I arrived at the Family Arena at 8:30AM yesterday morning, and were greeted by 3 campers that had been there since 2AM that morning (that's true fucking dedication). They were so nice to us they even let us share their tent. By 10AM we had a small group of around 7 people, and that's the way we stayed until others started lining up around noon. We were all swapping stories and sharing snacks, just sitting around a little stereo doing the best it could to blare the Tool discography from Opiate to 10,000 Days.

I know anybody who was standing outside in the 105 degree heat index remembers the exhilaration they felt as they were greeted by the sweet embrace of the air conditioning as they rushed into the venue as the doors opened. We both snagged a spot at the rail, right in front of the Danny's kit.

Wovenhand was pretty good. I was really relieved because I had heard some horror stories about the previous Tool openers. I was impressed by their sound. It's easy to see why they were chosen this year. You could not only hear the Tool influences in their music, but the frontman was so intense -- just like another frontman we all know and love.

Like I said previously, the Tool set was almost completely indescribable. The music, the visuals -- everything. This morning my girlfriend compared it to taking drugs. The Third Eye opening was fucking amazing and it set the tone for the rest of the show. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, the next song would start and completely kick my ass. It was good to see the Wovenhand drummer come out and play with Danny on Lateralus. There was playful back and forth, like Danny was basically teaching the guy how to play. I hope somebody got video of the Aenema finish for posterity because it was truly epic.

It's my opinion that the entire band was working like a well oiled machine. I also liked the fact that Adam, Danny and Justin all hung around at the end of the show and soaked up the applause. To me, it showed that they were still having fun and enjoyed playing the show. Maynard didn't stick around, but come on.. is anybody surprised? That's just Maynard.

If you are thinking about going to a show, but still have doubts or reservations: GET YOUR TICKETS TODAY! YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

I will never forget my first Tool show, and I'll be counting down the days until the next tour.
OFFLINE |  
SIU LAW
06-27-2010, 02:16 PM

Oh, I would add that, though many at the show disagreed with me, I liked Wovenhand. Give them a chance before dismissing them outright.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:16 PM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

Oh, I would add that, though many at the show disagreed with me, I liked Wovenhand. Give them a chance before dismissing them outright.
OFFLINE |  
Chisoxfan83
06-27-2010, 03:16 PM

Fourth show for me, second best show I have seen, best setlist I have seen.

First of all Wovenhand, was a very good opening act for Tool. They got a really powerful sound from a three piece band and were not what I was expecting (I heard they were even more mellow) I found it funny how they kept drifting in and out of Russian (I hope I'm right) and English from one song to the next. Compared to the two other times I have actually seen an opening band for Tool (Melt Banana and Big Business, both rubbish) I was pleasantly surprised.

Crowd: Totally bizarre. I came with a few people, and one of my friends has unfortunately became wheelchair bound. We had floor seats, and was a little afraid of the show he would see, however he opted against the wheelchair seating for a spot amongst the masses. We were against the crazy back fence, that separated the two GA areas (seriously WTF?) It seemed like two totally different crowds down there to me. Our section seemed to be more of a 'enjoy the music' vibe, a lot of Maynardish dancing by me and the people around us, especially my new buddies I met who were on shrooms... I didn't see any moshing, just general enjoyment, and my buddy in the wheel chair had a good ten feet around him in room and could see the show fairly well... As far as the second GA area? Well that was full of 'hey bro, I cant wait til they play Sober so we can mosh duddeeee' guys and looked like a little more douchebag heavy and full of pits etc.

Visuals: Awesome as always, had a few extra screens to really enjoy the videos, and seeing the awesome lazers for most of the show was incredible. It seems like these improve every time I see them in some context. That being said, the visuals on Third Eye were kinda lame, looked like Windows Media Player, Adam needs to get on those if they are gonna play that song regularly.

Music:
I spoiled Christmas morning, by looking at the setlist in advance, however I see I am pretty much like everyone else in that regard. Third Eye was a first, The Patient was a first, Intolerance was a first.. Intolerance has never been my favorite Tool song, I mean I've always rocked out to the 'lie cheat and steal' bits, but man did it kill live. It just sounded waaay heavier. They sounded totally fluid for 99% of the concert, and I can't even remember when they got out of whack, I think it was somewhere in Stinkfist or Third Eye. Vocals were solid, a little low in the mix, but overall great sound. Everything sounded great, except maybe the jam in Lateralus, it looked like Wovenhand guy didn't know what to do. Incredible closing with Aenima..

Maynard: Seemed fairly social based on the shows I have seen. Cracked a few jokes as mentioned earlier, made a very motivating about the next two hours nothing else mattering. A lot of standard gyrations to the music, maybe not quite as physically active as I have seen him. He also seemed to spend more time then usual outside of his usual silhouette to the visuals... not sure why he forgot a standard thank you at the end of the show though, seemed to run off the stage pretty quick.

Experience: As incredible as expected. After seeing Tool live I can't seem to listen to them as just audio for a long time after, once again I am left with youtube for any future Tool listening. No other band is the music so attached to the live show. Immensely enjoyable, and I imagine I will get to see them again in early 2011... good to know there is a game plan this time, before I have left shows thinking it may be my last
Old 06-27-2010, 03:16 PM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

Fourth show for me, second best show I have seen, best setlist I have seen.

First of all Wovenhand, was a very good opening act for Tool. They got a really powerful sound from a three piece band and were not what I was expecting (I heard they were even more mellow) I found it funny how they kept drifting in and out of Russian (I hope I'm right) and English from one song to the next. Compared to the two other times I have actually seen an opening band for Tool (Melt Banana and Big Business, both rubbish) I was pleasantly surprised.

Crowd: Totally bizarre. I came with a few people, and one of my friends has unfortunately became wheelchair bound. We had floor seats, and was a little afraid of the show he would see, however he opted against the wheelchair seating for a spot amongst the masses. We were against the crazy back fence, that separated the two GA areas (seriously WTF?) It seemed like two totally different crowds down there to me. Our section seemed to be more of a 'enjoy the music' vibe, a lot of Maynardish dancing by me and the people around us, especially my new buddies I met who were on shrooms... I didn't see any moshing, just general enjoyment, and my buddy in the wheel chair had a good ten feet around him in room and could see the show fairly well... As far as the second GA area? Well that was full of 'hey bro, I cant wait til they play Sober so we can mosh duddeeee' guys and looked like a little more douchebag heavy and full of pits etc.

Visuals: Awesome as always, had a few extra screens to really enjoy the videos, and seeing the awesome lazers for most of the show was incredible. It seems like these improve every time I see them in some context. That being said, the visuals on Third Eye were kinda lame, looked like Windows Media Player, Adam needs to get on those if they are gonna play that song regularly.

Music:
I spoiled Christmas morning, by looking at the setlist in advance, however I see I am pretty much like everyone else in that regard. Third Eye was a first, The Patient was a first, Intolerance was a first.. Intolerance has never been my favorite Tool song, I mean I've always rocked out to the 'lie cheat and steal' bits, but man did it kill live. It just sounded waaay heavier. They sounded totally fluid for 99% of the concert, and I can't even remember when they got out of whack, I think it was somewhere in Stinkfist or Third Eye. Vocals were solid, a little low in the mix, but overall great sound. Everything sounded great, except maybe the jam in Lateralus, it looked like Wovenhand guy didn't know what to do. Incredible closing with Aenima..

Maynard: Seemed fairly social based on the shows I have seen. Cracked a few jokes as mentioned earlier, made a very motivating about the next two hours nothing else mattering. A lot of standard gyrations to the music, maybe not quite as physically active as I have seen him. He also seemed to spend more time then usual outside of his usual silhouette to the visuals... not sure why he forgot a standard thank you at the end of the show though, seemed to run off the stage pretty quick.

Experience: As incredible as expected. After seeing Tool live I can't seem to listen to them as just audio for a long time after, once again I am left with youtube for any future Tool listening. No other band is the music so attached to the live show. Immensely enjoyable, and I imagine I will get to see them again in early 2011... good to know there is a game plan this time, before I have left shows thinking it may be my last
OFFLINE |  
insaner's Avatar insaner
06-27-2010, 08:50 PM

heres my pics, theyre from an iphone but theres a couple of pretty good shots in there. props to Junior for the setlist, always cool of you. lighting setlists look funny. what happened to the fake songs? also it looks like they used the same list from austin lol

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...%20st%20louis/

glad to see someone finally figured out the whole Æ thing :)

Last edited by insaner; 06-27-2010 at 09:06 PM..
Old 06-27-2010, 08:50 PM   #19
On Probation

Bincount™: 15

heres my pics, theyre from an iphone but theres a couple of pretty good shots in there. props to Junior for the setlist, always cool of you. lighting setlists look funny. what happened to the fake songs? also it looks like they used the same list from austin lol

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...%20st%20louis/

glad to see someone finally figured out the whole Æ thing :)

Last edited by insaner; 06-27-2010 at 09:06 PM..
OFFLINE |  
ladycommish's Avatar ladycommish
06-27-2010, 10:59 PM

I really liked the sea of lighters near the end. first time I'd seen that out of the three this tour.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:59 PM   #20
Introverted Extrovert

Bincount™: 6698

I really liked the sea of lighters near the end. first time I'd seen that out of the three this tour.
OFFLINE |  
JHazel
06-28-2010, 06:22 AM

This was my first time experiencing Tool live in concert, so there was a lot of anticipation leading up to the show. I was not disappointed! They completely lived up to my expectations (based on what I had heard about their live performances), though I do wish that the vocals had been turned up a bit. Good music is music that you want to be completely surrounded and enveloped by, and that is precisely how I felt at the show. It was great to feel so far away from everyday distractions for those two hours. I'm very grateful for that.

I'm not surprised to read that other people shared a negative experience with the ass who claimed he worked for Spin Magazine. He had the nerve to tell me that if he didn't see me rocking out enough he would push his way in front of me. (I'm a girl at a whopping 5'6" height.) As soon as the show started I looked over to see him with his fingers in his ears! WTF? Who covers their ears at a Tool concert? I honestly think he liked hearing the sound of his own voice more than the live music. He kept hitting me in the head when he was "rocking out". Eventually the other couple in my group managed to squeeze themselves between myself and him and I was able to enjoy the show fully. If he really does work for Spin Magazine, shame on them. They should be embarrassed for actually giving this guy a paycheck.

That aside, thank you Tool for an amazing show!
Old 06-28-2010, 06:22 AM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my first time experiencing Tool live in concert, so there was a lot of anticipation leading up to the show. I was not disappointed! They completely lived up to my expectations (based on what I had heard about their live performances), though I do wish that the vocals had been turned up a bit. Good music is music that you want to be completely surrounded and enveloped by, and that is precisely how I felt at the show. It was great to feel so far away from everyday distractions for those two hours. I'm very grateful for that.

I'm not surprised to read that other people shared a negative experience with the ass who claimed he worked for Spin Magazine. He had the nerve to tell me that if he didn't see me rocking out enough he would push his way in front of me. (I'm a girl at a whopping 5'6" height.) As soon as the show started I looked over to see him with his fingers in his ears! WTF? Who covers their ears at a Tool concert? I honestly think he liked hearing the sound of his own voice more than the live music. He kept hitting me in the head when he was "rocking out". Eventually the other couple in my group managed to squeeze themselves between myself and him and I was able to enjoy the show fully. If he really does work for Spin Magazine, shame on them. They should be embarrassed for actually giving this guy a paycheck.

OFFLINE |  
JHazel
06-28-2010, 06:33 AM

One more thing...

I was completely confused by the choice of the opening band. Wasn't it a bit too religious for a Tool concert? It seemed like a cruel, cruel joke.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:33 AM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

One more thing...

I was completely confused by the choice of the opening band. Wasn't it a bit too religious for a Tool concert? It seemed like a cruel, cruel joke.
OFFLINE |  
NamasteChris
06-28-2010, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHazel View Post

I'm very glad you had a great time for your first show and sorry you had to deal with Krispy Kreme as well. In fact, I think you might have wound up right next to my wife and I. It quite possibly could have been yet another couple moving out of range of his antics, but if you were with a guy with a dark beard and a slightly older taller guy then you are who I'm thinking of. Most definitely the most obnoxious ass I've ever encountered at a Tool show.

As for the show, it was amazing. You got a real treat there. I hope you get to experience many more. PEACE
Old 06-28-2010, 07:06 AM   #23
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:

I'm very glad you had a great time for your first show and sorry you had to deal with Krispy Kreme as well. In fact, I think you might have wound up right next to my wife and I. It quite possibly could have been yet another couple moving out of range of his antics, but if you were with a guy with a dark beard and a slightly older taller guy then you are who I'm thinking of. Most definitely the most obnoxious ass I've ever encountered at a Tool show.

As for the show, it was amazing. You got a real treat there. I hope you get to experience many more. PEACE
OFFLINE |  
JHazel
06-28-2010, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamasteChris View Post

That sounds like us. Hopefully I wasn't too annoying, haha. I know I stepped on someone's foot at one point (which is hard not to do when you're so close), so sorry if it was you. After seeing their show, I don't plan on missing any of their future tours. It was really great.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:40 AM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamasteChris View Post

That sounds like us. Hopefully I wasn't too annoying, haha. I know I stepped on someone's foot at one point (which is hard not to do when you're so close), so sorry if it was you. After seeing their show, I don't plan on missing any of their future tours. It was really great.
OFFLINE |  
NamasteChris
06-28-2010, 08:03 AM

Quote:
No you guys seemed like good people. I had flip-flops on and didn't notice anyone stepping on my feet so I think we're all good there. I think my wife and I wound up directly behind you guys.

As for Wovenhand (Woven Hand), your guy didn't seem to care for them too much with the comments about God and all, lol. I thought that was hilarious and yes it was odd with them and his previous band 16 Horsepower being seemingly very religious. Even with all of that, I thought musically they weren't bad. Really had a hard time understanding the lyrics in the first place so I didn't think much of it. I liked the experimental folksy sound of it though.

This was the first show we got to be on the floor and after that experience there's no way I'm having seats again. Everything just vibrating right off my chest felt phenomenal. I'm sure you felt all of that too. Overall just an epic show. IMO, no other band even comes close to them live. Not even close. Take care.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:03 AM   #25
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
No you guys seemed like good people. I had flip-flops on and didn't notice anyone stepping on my feet so I think we're all good there. I think my wife and I wound up directly behind you guys.

As for Wovenhand (Woven Hand), your guy didn't seem to care for them too much with the comments about God and all, lol. I thought that was hilarious and yes it was odd with them and his previous band 16 Horsepower being seemingly very religious. Even with all of that, I thought musically they weren't bad. Really had a hard time understanding the lyrics in the first place so I didn't think much of it. I liked the experimental folksy sound of it though.

This was the first show we got to be on the floor and after that experience there's no way I'm having seats again. Everything just vibrating right off my chest felt phenomenal. I'm sure you felt all of that too. Overall just an epic show. IMO, no other band even comes close to them live. Not even close. Take care.
OFFLINE |  
Muskeg's Avatar Muskeg
06-28-2010, 08:45 AM

Old 06-28-2010, 08:45 AM   #26
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

OFFLINE |  
NamasteChris
06-28-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskeg View Post
Nice find man. Loved all of the photos as well. Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:11 AM   #27
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskeg View Post
Nice find man. Loved all of the photos as well. Thanks for sharing.
OFFLINE |  
hughes.1265
06-28-2010, 09:53 AM

the haunting words " for the next 2 hrs, anything that going on out there.......has nothing to do with whats going on in here "; WOW, was Maynard for real! brilliant show from start to finish, excellent use of new megaphone parts during "third eye" and extra extension at the end as well, "intollerance" was beyond words; and the laser's integrated into "the patient" blew away the wings/10.000 days lights, i drove 7 hours from OHIO to see this and was worth every mile; my only complaint is with the venue. i bought $100 tickets for GA floor, and upon arrival found out that dead smack in the middle of the floor there was a rail/separator and only the first 1,000 in the door got to be in front of the stage.....now what kind of hill-billy shit is that?! a floor ticket, is just that A FLOOR TICKET!!! and to not let us know in advance that if we didnt arrive at 2 in the afternoon we would be spilt in half was total utter bullshit!, but at the moment the lights went off and the audio of timothy leary's voice began all of that was forgotten and tool swept me off my feet for 2 soild hours; oh yea i saw a guy puke in a cup next to me and when the lights went off threw in in the air, i guess that speaks for the people of Missouri, "show me something"! lol
Old 06-28-2010, 09:53 AM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

the haunting words " for the next 2 hrs, anything that going on out there.......has nothing to do with whats going on in here "; WOW, was Maynard for real! brilliant show from start to finish, excellent use of new megaphone parts during "third eye" and extra extension at the end as well, "intollerance" was beyond words; and the laser's integrated into "the patient" blew away the wings/10.000 days lights, i drove 7 hours from OHIO to see this and was worth every mile; my only complaint is with the venue. i bought $100 tickets for GA floor, and upon arrival found out that dead smack in the middle of the floor there was a rail/separator and only the first 1,000 in the door got to be in front of the stage.....now what kind of hill-billy shit is that?! a floor ticket, is just that A FLOOR TICKET!!! and to not let us know in advance that if we didnt arrive at 2 in the afternoon we would be spilt in half was total utter bullshit!, but at the moment the lights went off and the audio of timothy leary's voice began all of that was forgotten and tool swept me off my feet for 2 soild hours; oh yea i saw a guy puke in a cup next to me and when the lights went off threw in in the air, i guess that speaks for the people of Missouri, "show me something"! lol
OFFLINE |  
[PhoboS]'s Avatar [PhoboS]
06-28-2010, 12:00 PM

Anyways... 10th Tool show for me, and easily top 2-3 of all time in my book... Only one better was probably the 5/13/06 show at the Auditorium Theater in Chicago (fuckin siiiiiiiick) and that was only because the small crowd and it the fact that is was a 100+ year old opera house... well that and maybe because it was the first time they ever played Right in Two live... ;)

Great setlist, awesome lighting, and I thought the crowd was awesome.. everyone around me was rockin out, no douches, high energy level... sure wasn't Peoria Illinois last tour... (god you thought that fat guy was a douche.. should have seen the folks in Peoria!)

Anyways, only thing that would have made it better for me would have been if they would have played H.... Bravo guys, keep on rockin!!

Got a couple good pics for ya'll:

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...3/IMAG0005.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...3/IMAG0009.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...3/IMAG0014.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...3/IMAG0019.jpg

Last edited by SadSummerSea; 06-28-2010 at 05:56 PM..
Old 06-28-2010, 12:00 PM   #29
Level 3 - Talker

Anyways... 10th Tool show for me, and easily top 2-3 of all time in my book... Only one better was probably the 5/13/06 show at the Auditorium Theater in Chicago (fuckin siiiiiiiick) and that was only because the small crowd and it the fact that is was a 100+ year old opera house... well that and maybe because it was the first time they ever played Right in Two live... ;)

Great setlist, awesome lighting, and I thought the crowd was awesome.. everyone around me was rockin out, no douches, high energy level... sure wasn't Peoria Illinois last tour... (god you thought that fat guy was a douche.. should have seen the folks in Peoria!)

Anyways, only thing that would have made it better for me would have been if they would have played H.... Bravo guys, keep on rockin!!

Got a couple good pics for ya'll:

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...3/IMAG0005.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...3/IMAG0009.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...3/IMAG0014.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...3/IMAG0019.jpg

Last edited by SadSummerSea; 06-28-2010 at 05:56 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Slim420jz
06-28-2010, 12:12 PM

Oh and for the record, This was my 5th tool show and by far THE BEST I HAVE SEEN! So quit bitching people!
Old 06-28-2010, 12:12 PM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

Oh and for the record, This was my 5th tool show and by far THE BEST I HAVE SEEN! So quit bitching people!
OFFLINE |  
myskepticsight
06-28-2010, 02:51 PM

Loved the show
No douches around me - middle of front pit
HOT AS HELL. Unbearably so. WTF they need to make it 50 in there when there's that many people. Thought I was gonna puke/die/pass out etc. Had to stop rocking out so I'd survive. And yes I wore shorts/tshirt (weather appropriate) Guess I'm a weak girl. And hate the bullshit $5 for a bottle of water they pour into a cup so you have to hold it and not spill.
Did not like opening band. Music was OK but singer bothered me. Also found it odd he's pretty damn christian too. But they were better than Tricky in 01
Next time I will get seats probably. But it was badass to be on the floor.
Still think though that they sounded more tight in 01 at Scottrade. But I will see them again and again as long as I can get to a show! Next time I may travel for one, try a different city's crowd.
It was weird to see MJK looking so....normal. Hah! I liked it though.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:51 PM   #31
Level 2 - Poster

Loved the show
No douches around me - middle of front pit
HOT AS HELL. Unbearably so. WTF they need to make it 50 in there when there's that many people. Thought I was gonna puke/die/pass out etc. Had to stop rocking out so I'd survive. And yes I wore shorts/tshirt (weather appropriate) Guess I'm a weak girl. And hate the bullshit $5 for a bottle of water they pour into a cup so you have to hold it and not spill.
Did not like opening band. Music was OK but singer bothered me. Also found it odd he's pretty damn christian too. But they were better than Tricky in 01
Next time I will get seats probably. But it was badass to be on the floor.
Still think though that they sounded more tight in 01 at Scottrade. But I will see them again and again as long as I can get to a show! Next time I may travel for one, try a different city's crowd.
It was weird to see MJK looking so....normal. Hah! I liked it though.
OFFLINE |  
Arathor226's Avatar Arathor226
06-28-2010, 04:11 PM

This was my second Tool show, and let me tell you, what a ride.

To start it off, me and my friends began planning months ahead when the tour was first announced. We quickly communicated, threw our money together, and sat at my computer for two hours to be the first to buy the tickets. To our luck we all received the floor seats. As the days went on we organized the car situation, gas, motels, e.t.c. All came together for an amazing trip.

On Friday we left Pittsburgh for our wonderful 9-10 hour drive. We arrived in St.Louis late and slept the night. Saturday morning we went down to the riverfront to see the gate, ate breakfast, and prepared to head into St. Charles. We left 3 hours early and were some of the first people there. We waited in line for 2 and a half hours in the blazing 106+ heat, and were forced to purchase the $5 water bottles.

Then we finally got in, got our shirts, and posters, and awaited for the music to start.

WovenHand was actually pretty good, their lead man was pretty intense, he had an amazing stage presence.

After WH played, the floor began to become very packed. Which bothered alot of us. There were a few drunk pricks, like Captain FatAss who apparently wrote fro Spin, and has seen 56 shows in his time, and is the only one on the floor who knows anything about the band (everyone on this post who was on the floor knows who I'm talking about). I also received my fair share of dirty hippie dreads in my mouth. Luckily everything calmed down just in time for the lights to dim, and for the members of Tool to enter, although there was a pretty ugly fight that quickly ended though.

The show was amazing! Extended versions of a few songs, double times, ambient set breaks, insane visuals, great sound, dueling drum solos, an altogether amazing experience.

And of course the Maynardisms. A few I can remember are as followed:

"For the next 2 hours, whatever's going on out there has nothing to do with whats going on in here."

"How many of you out there are 20 yrs old are younger -- Well most of you weren't even born when we wrote this song, and for all of you that are 20 yrs or older, you can wipe that smug look of your face."

Maynard also had his stage antics, which were quite enjoyable.

The band was dead on, sounded, and played amazingly.

There were even interpretive dance sessions in the parking lot after the show let out!

A very good time on my part, totally worth the combined 12+ hrs of driving, which included me getting food poisoning on the way home:)!!
Old 06-28-2010, 04:11 PM   #32
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my second Tool show, and let me tell you, what a ride.

To start it off, me and my friends began planning months ahead when the tour was first announced. We quickly communicated, threw our money together, and sat at my computer for two hours to be the first to buy the tickets. To our luck we all received the floor seats. As the days went on we organized the car situation, gas, motels, e.t.c. All came together for an amazing trip.

On Friday we left Pittsburgh for our wonderful 9-10 hour drive. We arrived in St.Louis late and slept the night. Saturday morning we went down to the riverfront to see the gate, ate breakfast, and prepared to head into St. Charles. We left 3 hours early and were some of the first people there. We waited in line for 2 and a half hours in the blazing 106+ heat, and were forced to purchase the $5 water bottles.

Then we finally got in, got our shirts, and posters, and awaited for the music to start.

WovenHand was actually pretty good, their lead man was pretty intense, he had an amazing stage presence.

After WH played, the floor began to become very packed. Which bothered alot of us. There were a few drunk pricks, like Captain FatAss who apparently wrote fro Spin, and has seen 56 shows in his time, and is the only one on the floor who knows anything about the band (everyone on this post who was on the floor knows who I'm talking about). I also received my fair share of dirty hippie dreads in my mouth. Luckily everything calmed down just in time for the lights to dim, and for the members of Tool to enter, although there was a pretty ugly fight that quickly ended though.

The show was amazing! Extended versions of a few songs, double times, ambient set breaks, insane visuals, great sound, dueling drum solos, an altogether amazing experience.

And of course the Maynardisms. A few I can remember are as followed:

"For the next 2 hours, whatever's going on out there has nothing to do with whats going on in here."

"How many of you out there are 20 yrs old are younger -- Well most of you weren't even born when we wrote this song, and for all of you that are 20 yrs or older, you can wipe that smug look of your face."

Maynard also had his stage antics, which were quite enjoyable.

The band was dead on, sounded, and played amazingly.

There were even interpretive dance sessions in the parking lot after the show let out!

A very good time on my part, totally worth the combined 12+ hrs of driving, which included me getting food poisoning on the way home:)!!
OFFLINE |  
nameloc01
06-28-2010, 04:53 PM

Last edited by nameloc01; 06-28-2010 at 07:13 PM..
Old 06-28-2010, 04:53 PM   #33
Level 3 - Talker

Last edited by nameloc01; 06-28-2010 at 07:13 PM..
OFFLINE |  
NamasteChris
06-28-2010, 05:11 PM

I'm very glad to hear how much everyone seemed to love the show, especially for people that it was their 1st time. What a show to have as your 1st. It was a phenomenal time and I really look forward to as many more shows as possible before they decide to call it quits. I'm selfish so I hope for 2 more full length albums at minimum. But with the lack of frequency that they put material out who knows what will happen. I'd love for another live CD to be made of this set though. That would be great with all of the extended versions of songs, especially the breakdown at the end of AEnima. I absolutely loved the way they slowed it down and put so much emphasis into it. I would have loved to hear The Grudge and/or Rosetta Stoned or Parabol/Parabola as well but they can't play for 3 hours so you get what you get, lol. PEACE

Last edited by SadSummerSea; 06-28-2010 at 05:42 PM..
Old 06-28-2010, 05:11 PM   #34
Level 3 - Talker

I'm very glad to hear how much everyone seemed to love the show, especially for people that it was their 1st time. What a show to have as your 1st. It was a phenomenal time and I really look forward to as many more shows as possible before they decide to call it quits. I'm selfish so I hope for 2 more full length albums at minimum. But with the lack of frequency that they put material out who knows what will happen. I'd love for another live CD to be made of this set though. That would be great with all of the extended versions of songs, especially the breakdown at the end of AEnima. I absolutely loved the way they slowed it down and put so much emphasis into it. I would have loved to hear The Grudge and/or Rosetta Stoned or Parabol/Parabola as well but they can't play for 3 hours so you get what you get, lol. PEACE

Last edited by SadSummerSea; 06-28-2010 at 05:42 PM..
OFFLINE |  
SadSummerSea's Avatar SadSummerSea
06-28-2010, 05:59 PM

Old 06-28-2010, 05:59 PM   #35
. Anthropophagite .

Bincount™: 553

OFFLINE |  
Jambi88's Avatar Jambi88
06-28-2010, 09:39 PM

I found some great quality videos on youtube. Steady camera work, great angles, great sound... can I post them here or does it violate the rules?

EDIT:

Oh well.. I'll throw a link here anyway. If a mod has to delete the link or post I apologize, this video is just too good to pass up. Best HD quality and sound I have seen on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyXpswjHmXg

If you click on his youtube channel you'll see many others that he posted.

Last edited by Jambi88; 06-29-2010 at 11:30 AM..
Old 06-28-2010, 09:39 PM   #36
Level 4 - Thinker

I found some great quality videos on youtube. Steady camera work, great angles, great sound... can I post them here or does it violate the rules?

EDIT:

Oh well.. I'll throw a link here anyway. If a mod has to delete the link or post I apologize, this video is just too good to pass up. Best HD quality and sound I have seen on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyXpswjHmXg

If you click on his youtube channel you'll see many others that he posted.

Last edited by Jambi88; 06-29-2010 at 11:30 AM..
OFFLINE |  
[PhoboS]'s Avatar [PhoboS]
06-29-2010, 06:29 AM

^^^^ DUDE! That is a sick video! Thanks for posting that!! If ya'll havnt taken a look yet check it out! Well done dude!
Old 06-29-2010, 06:29 AM   #37
Level 3 - Talker

^^^^ DUDE! That is a sick video! Thanks for posting that!! If ya'll havnt taken a look yet check it out! Well done dude!
OFFLINE |  
JHazel
06-29-2010, 01:22 PM

There was someone walking around taking pictures for this website of everyone waiting outside in line before the concert. He said they'd be posted on this website the day after. Any idea where I can find those?
Old 06-29-2010, 01:22 PM   #38
Level 1 - Lurker

There was someone walking around taking pictures for this website of everyone waiting outside in line before the concert. He said they'd be posted on this website the day after. Any idea where I can find those?
OFFLINE |  
myskepticsight
06-29-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Check above for the Riverfront Times article about the show, it was probably them.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:02 PM   #39
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Check above for the Riverfront Times article about the show, it was probably them.
OFFLINE |  
Jambi88's Avatar Jambi88
06-29-2010, 03:04 PM

http://www.riverfronttimes.com/slide...6-10-30204107/

There is a different page with a 32 photo slide.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:04 PM   #40
Level 4 - Thinker

http://www.riverfronttimes.com/slide...6-10-30204107/

There is a different page with a 32 photo slide.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply