Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Summer 2009
User Name
Password
marcus's Avatar marcus
07-07-2009, 05:35 PM

Do not post in this thread unless you attended this concert(except for me of course).

SETLIST

Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Aenema
Lateralus
Vicarious

Last edited by marcus; 08-05-2009 at 12:02 AM..
Old 07-07-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
Gearhead

Bincount™: 3077
08.04.09 - Kingston, ON @ K Rock Center

Do not post in this thread unless you attended this concert(except for me of course).

SETLIST

Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Aenema
Lateralus
Vicarious

Last edited by marcus; 08-05-2009 at 12:02 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Hodge
08-04-2009, 07:57 PM

not too shabby
Old 08-04-2009, 07:57 PM   #2
Smokes poutine every day

Bincount™: 6367
Re: 08.04.09 - Kingston, ON @ K Rock Center

not too shabby
OFFLINE |  
firestorm02
08-04-2009, 09:16 PM

I just had such a wounderfull evening. Third song in tools set, I take a photo and guess what, security says give me your camera (the $80 battery to be specific) or leave. I ask, "do I get it back", the bad man says, "no, hand it over or leave".

So I had the pleasure to drive 1.5hrs to get kicked out like some punk kid (no offence to punk kids ;)

In closing, fuck you Kingston.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

I just had such a wounderfull evening. Third song in tools set, I take a photo and guess what, security says give me your camera (the $80 battery to be specific) or leave. I ask, "do I get it back", the bad man says, "no, hand it over or leave".

So I had the pleasure to drive 1.5hrs to get kicked out like some punk kid (no offence to punk kids ;)

OFFLINE |  
zarocat11
08-05-2009, 12:30 AM

I've been fortunate in my traveling tool days to have been part of an intimate evening like this past one in Kingston. It doesn't compare. The connection between the musicians and the fans in the room stands alone. The best part to these small venues is you can travel at will. I started in a seat and then decided to go to the floor and then for Lateralus I went side stage on Maynard's side and planted my ass in a position to be centered with the drumming.

This show they have at the moment is the best sequence of songs and visuals post 10,000 days.

Side Note: Adam Jones body language is in a slow moving form as we all know but have you noticed the way he people watches? He's all over the place. Super interesting.

Me and my 18th show coming up in Toronto but with thousands and from a distance. BOOYA!
Old 08-05-2009, 12:30 AM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

I've been fortunate in my traveling tool days to have been part of an intimate evening like this past one in Kingston. It doesn't compare. The connection between the musicians and the fans in the room stands alone. The best part to these small venues is you can travel at will. I started in a seat and then decided to go to the floor and then for Lateralus I went side stage on Maynard's side and planted my ass in a position to be centered with the drumming.

This show they have at the moment is the best sequence of songs and visuals post 10,000 days.

Side Note: Adam Jones body language is in a slow moving form as we all know but have you noticed the way he people watches? He's all over the place. Super interesting.

Me and my 18th show coming up in Toronto but with thousands and from a distance. BOOYA!
OFFLINE |  
cak1375
08-05-2009, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestorm02 View Post

Had you driven 1.5 hrs to enjoy listening to Tool play live you would have achieved just that........but you just had to take a picture....why? You could probably go online and pick from a wide array of photos from the last.....oh 15 yrs, maybe even a close-up or 2..heh?? What did you expect would happen? I can be pretty slow at times but even I knew they probably wouldn't allow cameras in the venue. The staff in Kingston worked very hard and had to put up with a lot of idiotic people and they were pretty polite for the most part. From what I saw people were given an option, you could take your camera back to your car or give them your memory card/battery, which in turn was placed in a bin and you could take your chances trying to find it when you leave. Regardless I think you kind of walked into this one.

In closing, 46+2 is such a great song!!! I'm so happy to have heard this live!!
Old 08-05-2009, 03:38 AM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestorm02 View Post

Had you driven 1.5 hrs to enjoy listening to Tool play live you would have achieved just that........but you just had to take a picture....why? You could probably go online and pick from a wide array of photos from the last.....oh 15 yrs, maybe even a close-up or 2..heh?? What did you expect would happen? I can be pretty slow at times but even I knew they probably wouldn't allow cameras in the venue. The staff in Kingston worked very hard and had to put up with a lot of idiotic people and they were pretty polite for the most part. From what I saw people were given an option, you could take your camera back to your car or give them your memory card/battery, which in turn was placed in a bin and you could take your chances trying to find it when you leave. Regardless I think you kind of walked into this one.

In closing, 46+2 is such a great song!!! I'm so happy to have heard this live!!
OFFLINE |  
Phantazmo
08-05-2009, 03:58 AM

Been a fan for 15 years, first time seeing them live. Tweak Bird really impressed me, crazy loud for a 2 piece band. Vocals sucked ass though. Tool was phenomenal! Vocals could have been a bit louder, but everyone else sounded bang on. We were at the front left for the opening act, but lost our spot and ended up mid floor. Lareralus blew me away. Best song of the night imo. I love how MJK stands in the back, up high with Danny, because i'm 6'2" and had to stand on tiptoe to see. It seems like all the giants came out top the show. Never felt so short.

I don't want to see any other shows ever, (except TOOL) I can now die happy.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:58 AM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

Been a fan for 15 years, first time seeing them live. Tweak Bird really impressed me, crazy loud for a 2 piece band. Vocals sucked ass though. Tool was phenomenal! Vocals could have been a bit louder, but everyone else sounded bang on. We were at the front left for the opening act, but lost our spot and ended up mid floor. Lareralus blew me away. Best song of the night imo. I love how MJK stands in the back, up high with Danny, because i'm 6'2" and had to stand on tiptoe to see. It seems like all the giants came out top the show. Never felt so short.

I don't want to see any other shows ever, (except TOOL) I can now die happy.
OFFLINE |  
ParallaxToronto
08-05-2009, 06:02 AM

3rd time seeing Tool.

Had a great time... despite security being assholes... saw a bunch of people being swarmed for taking cellphone pictures. Are cellphones really a threat to the audio/video policy?? The pictures are pretty crappy no?? I can understand if someone manages to get a somewhat decent point & shoot in past security.

A friend of mine was thrown out for smoking a joint - no warning, just dragged out.

Other than that - the band was great, Carey is a MONSTER, blows me away every time I see them. Sound was pretty reasonable for being in an enormous tin can. Looking forward to seeing them in an open air venue tonight at the Amphitheatre!
Old 08-05-2009, 06:02 AM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

3rd time seeing Tool.

Had a great time... despite security being assholes... saw a bunch of people being swarmed for taking cellphone pictures. Are cellphones really a threat to the audio/video policy?? The pictures are pretty crappy no?? I can understand if someone manages to get a somewhat decent point & shoot in past security.

A friend of mine was thrown out for smoking a joint - no warning, just dragged out.

Other than that - the band was great, Carey is a MONSTER, blows me away every time I see them. Sound was pretty reasonable for being in an enormous tin can. Looking forward to seeing them in an open air venue tonight at the Amphitheatre!
OFFLINE |  
nicko
08-05-2009, 06:13 AM

First time seeing Tool. Security was a little uptight. You take pictures you take your chances.

Why would someone pay $100 only to mosh around and not get the full Tool experience? Don't understand it. The floor was full of ass-wipes, with maybe a handful of moshers who looked out for others. Good on you guys...others, fuck you.

Show itself was awesome...I also liked the way Adam scans the crowd constantly. MJK seemed into the show, DC kicked ass, and Justin was a riot. He looks like he just won the lottery. Kudos to Junior for the sensory stimulation.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:13 AM   #8
Level 2 - Poster

First time seeing Tool. Security was a little uptight. You take pictures you take your chances.

Why would someone pay $100 only to mosh around and not get the full Tool experience? Don't understand it. The floor was full of ass-wipes, with maybe a handful of moshers who looked out for others. Good on you guys...others, fuck you.

Show itself was awesome...I also liked the way Adam scans the crowd constantly. MJK seemed into the show, DC kicked ass, and Justin was a riot. He looks like he just won the lottery. Kudos to Junior for the sensory stimulation.
OFFLINE |  
jayde
08-05-2009, 07:40 AM

So I saw Tool In Kingston last night (my 6th time seeing them) and Seeing them again tonight in Toronto

Everything was fine....But when almost over with two songs to go this guy behind me pushed my head.
I ignored.
he did it again, and I looked and he and his friend pointed to each other like "he did it"
very funny...i ignore
It happens again. I say "what the fuck?"
they shrug...i'm sitting there mad.
then I get poked...and I turn around and one tells me to sit down (everyone's standing)...i ignore and turn around.
I get my head pushed again, I say "what the fuck?" and then I tell my friend beside me what's going on
and one says "I wouldn't try anything"
I said "I didn't come to a concert to get my head pushed by a couple of fucking assholes". They just shrug.
then 2 more songs...and entire time i'm bracing myself to get pushed/hit/who knows, so that was a total buzzkill. They didn't do anything else...but obviously I didn't know what they might do. They were like in their 40's too. I was clenching my fists thinking if something happens...i've gotta do something.
made me feel like I was in public school again.
Anyone ever encounter assholes like that at a concert?
I'm thinking "if it happens again, turn around and punch one right in the face" But also was thinking "I don't want to be stuck in Kingston"

So that totally ruined Lateralus and Vicarious for me.
I'm praying to baby jesus that Toronto gets a nice setlist surprise tonight
Old 08-05-2009, 07:40 AM   #9
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

So I saw Tool In Kingston last night (my 6th time seeing them) and Seeing them again tonight in Toronto

Everything was fine....But when almost over with two songs to go this guy behind me pushed my head.
I ignored.
he did it again, and I looked and he and his friend pointed to each other like "he did it"
very funny...i ignore
It happens again. I say "what the fuck?"
they shrug...i'm sitting there mad.
then I get poked...and I turn around and one tells me to sit down (everyone's standing)...i ignore and turn around.
I get my head pushed again, I say "what the fuck?" and then I tell my friend beside me what's going on
and one says "I wouldn't try anything"
I said "I didn't come to a concert to get my head pushed by a couple of fucking assholes". They just shrug.
then 2 more songs...and entire time i'm bracing myself to get pushed/hit/who knows, so that was a total buzzkill. They didn't do anything else...but obviously I didn't know what they might do. They were like in their 40's too. I was clenching my fists thinking if something happens...i've gotta do something.
made me feel like I was in public school again.
Anyone ever encounter assholes like that at a concert?
I'm thinking "if it happens again, turn around and punch one right in the face" But also was thinking "I don't want to be stuck in Kingston"

So that totally ruined Lateralus and Vicarious for me.
I'm praying to baby jesus that Toronto gets a nice setlist surprise tonight
OFFLINE |  
Thepott's Avatar Thepott
08-05-2009, 09:07 AM

amazing show.. was on the floor, two buddies loved the show, their first tool show. This was my 3rd, not the best, but stilll tool. Rossetta stoned was amazing, i think the best song for visuals. my soul feels revitalized. :D. till next time.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:07 AM   #10
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 3

amazing show.. was on the floor, two buddies loved the show, their first tool show. This was my 3rd, not the best, but stilll tool. Rossetta stoned was amazing, i think the best song for visuals. my soul feels revitalized. :D. till next time.
08-05-2009, 11:02 AM

my friend passed out during lateralus :|
Old 08-05-2009, 11:02 AM   #11
Smokes poutine every day

Bincount™: 6367

my friend passed out during lateralus :|
OFFLINE |  
nolook
08-05-2009, 11:13 AM

3rd time seeing Tool...but have been a fan since Opiate

amazing show - preferred this small type of show to the big ones i was at in montreal/vancovuer (10,000 days tour)...much more intimate and people were generally friendlier...the sound was awesome especially since i was in the middle on the floor quite close to the stage..

loved the set list and visuals and thought it was awesome they did an encore because they didnt in MTL/Van..also didnt think the staff were too militant (weed) unlike in montreal...

oh ya tweak bird was really good except for the flute part...

Last edited by nolook; 08-05-2009 at 11:32 AM..
Old 08-05-2009, 11:13 AM   #12
Level 2 - Poster

3rd time seeing Tool...but have been a fan since Opiate

amazing show - preferred this small type of show to the big ones i was at in montreal/vancovuer (10,000 days tour)...much more intimate and people were generally friendlier...the sound was awesome especially since i was in the middle on the floor quite close to the stage..

loved the set list and visuals and thought it was awesome they did an encore because they didnt in MTL/Van..also didnt think the staff were too militant (weed) unlike in montreal...

oh ya tweak bird was really good except for the flute part...

Last edited by nolook; 08-05-2009 at 11:32 AM..
OFFLINE |  
renik
08-05-2009, 12:15 PM

Great show. I agree the security were being a bit extreme. Halfway through the first song I took a picture with my cellphone. Next thing I know some fat chick came rushing down the row toward me. Stuck her fat finger in my face and threaded to kick me out if I take another picture. She then turned to my buddy and threatened to kick him out even though he hadn't even taken a picture. Is it really that big a deal if someone takes a picture with their cellphone? It's not like Tool is losing money by me taking a picture. I don't think anyone would want to buy a picture on eBay from my 1.2mp camera. lol
Old 08-05-2009, 12:15 PM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

Great show. I agree the security were being a bit extreme. Halfway through the first song I took a picture with my cellphone. Next thing I know some fat chick came rushing down the row toward me. Stuck her fat finger in my face and threaded to kick me out if I take another picture. She then turned to my buddy and threatened to kick him out even though he hadn't even taken a picture. Is it really that big a deal if someone takes a picture with their cellphone? It's not like Tool is losing money by me taking a picture. I don't think anyone would want to buy a picture on eBay from my 1.2mp camera. lol
OFFLINE |  
Reflection-
08-05-2009, 03:41 PM

Nice drive up from montreal, well worth the trip!

the crowd on the floor was absolutely fucking ridiculous. Found it really hard to truly enjoy Jambi as the whole crowd near the front was being literally suffocated. Kudos to those few in the crowd that attempted to reason with the asswhipes intent on moshing before tool EVEN CAME ON!? Still i managed to get a decent spot dead center around 15-20 feet back from the rail.. would have been nice to keep my origional spot!

I found it funny how the crew seemed to be teasing the crowd, randomly shooting out airjets and smoke at random times, ages before they came on. Just a small observation, made me laugh :D

The performance was pretty tight, apart from adam messing up a few times at the end of the verses in Lateralus they were damn tight. As people said Justic was tearing it up and DC was simply godlike... Even Maynard seemed to be having a good time, very talkative.

Loved the show, got a sweet tshirt.. great visuals again Junior.
Security was a little harsh inside but then again I did see them helping out a really wasted girl outside and even offered to exchange her floor tickets for seats so she could enjoy the show.

Apart from the assholes on the floor who only knew Aenima, it was a great show.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

Nice drive up from montreal, well worth the trip!

the crowd on the floor was absolutely fucking ridiculous. Found it really hard to truly enjoy Jambi as the whole crowd near the front was being literally suffocated. Kudos to those few in the crowd that attempted to reason with the asswhipes intent on moshing before tool EVEN CAME ON!? Still i managed to get a decent spot dead center around 15-20 feet back from the rail.. would have been nice to keep my origional spot!

I found it funny how the crew seemed to be teasing the crowd, randomly shooting out airjets and smoke at random times, ages before they came on. Just a small observation, made me laugh :D

The performance was pretty tight, apart from adam messing up a few times at the end of the verses in Lateralus they were damn tight. As people said Justic was tearing it up and DC was simply godlike... Even Maynard seemed to be having a good time, very talkative.

Loved the show, got a sweet tshirt.. great visuals again Junior.
Security was a little harsh inside but then again I did see them helping out a really wasted girl outside and even offered to exchange her floor tickets for seats so she could enjoy the show.

Apart from the assholes on the floor who only knew Aenima, it was a great show.
08-06-2009, 12:44 PM

My friend spilled his beer all over my poster literally 5 seconds after I bought it! I think it will be ok though...

The show was pretty damn good.

http://www.BuffaloRange.com
Old 08-06-2009, 12:44 PM   #15
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

My friend spilled his beer all over my poster literally 5 seconds after I bought it! I think it will be ok though...

The show was pretty damn good.

http://www.BuffaloRange.com
OFFLINE |  
Kevindust29's Avatar Kevindust29
08-06-2009, 03:14 PM

Another great Tool show, the band was tight and Maynard was talking and dancing. I was on the floor about twenty people back and I was sober so I really got to observe and absorb the players and the music.

Not much to say that hasn't been said in other reviews for this tour but I will mention that I used to not like Vicarious as a closer (vs. Lateralus) but now I think it rocks. The volume and intensity then *BANG* ...the sudden stop and silence. Very different vibe from ending on Lateralus but cool and intense none the less.

My only negative on the evening was the rediculous amount of moshing meatheads. I'm all for self expression but can't these idiots do something a little more positive than beating the crap out of each other while detracting from the show for their roomates in the audience? Maybe I'm just bitter because I don't like being rubbed by sweaty men.

Thankfully there was a balance - met some cool folks at the show. Stood at the sound/light/video booth for TweakBird and chatted with another solo Toolhead from Ottawa, and a couple lads recognized my car in the parking lot (from posting here) and said hello after the show.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:14 PM   #16
Level 2 - Poster

Another great Tool show, the band was tight and Maynard was talking and dancing. I was on the floor about twenty people back and I was sober so I really got to observe and absorb the players and the music.

Not much to say that hasn't been said in other reviews for this tour but I will mention that I used to not like Vicarious as a closer (vs. Lateralus) but now I think it rocks. The volume and intensity then *BANG* ...the sudden stop and silence. Very different vibe from ending on Lateralus but cool and intense none the less.

My only negative on the evening was the rediculous amount of moshing meatheads. I'm all for self expression but can't these idiots do something a little more positive than beating the crap out of each other while detracting from the show for their roomates in the audience? Maybe I'm just bitter because I don't like being rubbed by sweaty men.

Thankfully there was a balance - met some cool folks at the show. Stood at the sound/light/video booth for TweakBird and chatted with another solo Toolhead from Ottawa, and a couple lads recognized my car in the parking lot (from posting here) and said hello after the show.
08-06-2009, 04:35 PM

hmm i didnt notice a lot of moshers but i wasnt sober...tool isnt really a mosh band anyways imo...and lol to the ottawa girl who smoked her 'washed in the laundry' hash with me...

Last edited by nolook; 08-06-2009 at 06:19 PM..
Old 08-06-2009, 04:35 PM   #17
Level 2 - Poster

hmm i didnt notice a lot of moshers but i wasnt sober...tool isnt really a mosh band anyways imo...and lol to the ottawa girl who smoked her 'washed in the laundry' hash with me...

Last edited by nolook; 08-06-2009 at 06:19 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Geek4gurl
08-06-2009, 04:44 PM

This is the second time i saw tool... first time was Edgefest in barrie is 2001

Saw perfect circle in 2000 in ottawa..

and now kingston - 2009 ;)

Have to agree with the rest of the posters.. floor was full of super tall guys and idiot moshers kids who were just looking to cause damage... at 90$ a ticket.. not sure why they so wanted to slide there ridiculously sweaty bodies all over each other... Where oh where.. was the air flow?!?!

I really appreciate the nice tall guys on the right side floor who saved me from the moshers ... even if it caused me to step on their toes! (sorry broken foot guy! ;) )

I really wished they had played sober... and played a bit longer ... also would have been nice to have a bit more in the set design for a 90$ ticket... but... very impressed.. and way better than anything i had seen previously...
Old 08-06-2009, 04:44 PM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

This is the second time i saw tool... first time was Edgefest in barrie is 2001

Saw perfect circle in 2000 in ottawa..

and now kingston - 2009 ;)

Have to agree with the rest of the posters.. floor was full of super tall guys and idiot moshers kids who were just looking to cause damage... at 90$ a ticket.. not sure why they so wanted to slide there ridiculously sweaty bodies all over each other... Where oh where.. was the air flow?!?!

I really appreciate the nice tall guys on the right side floor who saved me from the moshers ... even if it caused me to step on their toes! (sorry broken foot guy! ;) )

I really wished they had played sober... and played a bit longer ... also would have been nice to have a bit more in the set design for a 90$ ticket... but... very impressed.. and way better than anything i had seen previously...
OFFLINE |  
transcend187's Avatar transcend187
08-06-2009, 09:23 PM

Lateralus & Vicarious is the encore.

Great show. The band was pretty tight (rhythmic flubs as usual though, many caused by Maynard). Light show was fantastic. I was really happy to hear Flood, which they pulled off amazingly. Lateralus was good as usual, but a little weird with the second drummer (from Make A Wish)? After he left, Maynard said, "Sorry about your terminal illness."

Overall, the band sounded better than the other two shows I've been to, but the sound quality was lower. Eardrum-bursting volume; it shouldn't have to be that loud. Maybe I sound like an old man, but I prefer to hear the music without my ears hurting. If they were out of tune, the volume made it impossible to tell. And it was muddy as hell.

Last edited by transcend187; 08-06-2009 at 09:33 PM..
Old 08-06-2009, 09:23 PM   #19
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 1439

Lateralus & Vicarious is the encore.

Great show. The band was pretty tight (rhythmic flubs as usual though, many caused by Maynard). Light show was fantastic. I was really happy to hear Flood, which they pulled off amazingly. Lateralus was good as usual, but a little weird with the second drummer (from Make A Wish)? After he left, Maynard said, "Sorry about your terminal illness."

Overall, the band sounded better than the other two shows I've been to, but the sound quality was lower. Eardrum-bursting volume; it shouldn't have to be that loud. Maybe I sound like an old man, but I prefer to hear the music without my ears hurting. If they were out of tune, the volume made it impossible to tell. And it was muddy as hell.

Last edited by transcend187; 08-06-2009 at 09:33 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Hipkick
08-08-2009, 05:16 AM

Most disappointing Tool show I have seen. Saw them for the 5th time (3 times 10.000 days tour and 1 time Lateralus tour before Kingston) and I was really disappointed.
The sound was just horrible (I tried different places on the floor but it was crap everywhere). The music was too loud, the voice was too soft and the balance between the hard and soft parts of the songs was completely gone. This made the whole dynamics of the songs disappear... for example the break down in Aenima (I am praying for rain) lost all of its power this way, the loud part was as hard as the soft part and the voice was always too soft.
Another thing that really annoyed me was the breaks between the songs and they start making some freak sounds... All the time between the songs! Okay with the volume too high it was bad of course, but c'mon the time they spent on this noise making is really too much... I did not pay almost 100 dollar for some noise! Just play the songs!!!! And instead of peeping so much they could have played two more songs easily! It was the longest Tool show I've seen but not the one with the most songs hmmmmm.
As for the stage act, it was very good. I really liked the lasers and the moving backgrounds. Also Justin, Adam and Denny seemed to have a great time. But Mayndert seemed to be bored at times, for me it felt he was not really "playing from his fckng heart". But a good stage act with bad sound and too many breaks between songs made me feel bored too.
this was probably the last time I have seen them live... I will search for a new band to love since I feel I got dumped in Kingston by my great love.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:16 AM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

Most disappointing Tool show I have seen. Saw them for the 5th time (3 times 10.000 days tour and 1 time Lateralus tour before Kingston) and I was really disappointed.
The sound was just horrible (I tried different places on the floor but it was crap everywhere). The music was too loud, the voice was too soft and the balance between the hard and soft parts of the songs was completely gone. This made the whole dynamics of the songs disappear... for example the break down in Aenima (I am praying for rain) lost all of its power this way, the loud part was as hard as the soft part and the voice was always too soft.
Another thing that really annoyed me was the breaks between the songs and they start making some freak sounds... All the time between the songs! Okay with the volume too high it was bad of course, but c'mon the time they spent on this noise making is really too much... I did not pay almost 100 dollar for some noise! Just play the songs!!!! And instead of peeping so much they could have played two more songs easily! It was the longest Tool show I've seen but not the one with the most songs hmmmmm.
As for the stage act, it was very good. I really liked the lasers and the moving backgrounds. Also Justin, Adam and Denny seemed to have a great time. But Mayndert seemed to be bored at times, for me it felt he was not really "playing from his fckng heart". But a good stage act with bad sound and too many breaks between songs made me feel bored too.
this was probably the last time I have seen them live... I will search for a new band to love since I feel I got dumped in Kingston by my great love.
OFFLINE |  
freep259
08-11-2009, 10:23 PM

13th tool show, 1st live one in Canada. Recently moving to Ottawa from NYC, I can see why Maynard has a fascination with this country. Hands down the best sound from any Tool show I've ever seen, and awesome crowd. Was standing about 20ft back from Justin the whole show on the floor, spectacular. Light show amazing, set list was typical from last year...Jambi should be a permanent opener (I think that's Adam's baby, he was really grooving and usually he shows no emotion during any song..) What else is there to say about these guys?.. Danny is A MONSTER, Justin is just hyper and Maynard is a marvel....There are no words to explain the talent of this band... EVERY TOOL SHOW IS A SPIRATUAL EXPERIENCE. I honestly never post anything, on any sites, but this particular show was compelling. I love the posts, "my 5th" or " my 3rd" tool was "disappointing"... I had those sentiments at one time or another as well, but I assure you, a future Tool show will change your life perspective and respect for this band, as this one did for me. Peace.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:23 PM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

13th tool show, 1st live one in Canada. Recently moving to Ottawa from NYC, I can see why Maynard has a fascination with this country. Hands down the best sound from any Tool show I've ever seen, and awesome crowd. Was standing about 20ft back from Justin the whole show on the floor, spectacular. Light show amazing, set list was typical from last year...Jambi should be a permanent opener (I think that's Adam's baby, he was really grooving and usually he shows no emotion during any song..) What else is there to say about these guys?.. Danny is A MONSTER, Justin is just hyper and Maynard is a marvel....There are no words to explain the talent of this band... EVERY TOOL SHOW IS A SPIRATUAL EXPERIENCE. I honestly never post anything, on any sites, but this particular show was compelling. I love the posts, "my 5th" or " my 3rd" tool was "disappointing"... I had those sentiments at one time or another as well, but I assure you, a future Tool show will change your life perspective and respect for this band, as this one did for me. Peace.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply