Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Nov-Dec 2007
User Name
Password
SunKing!
11-20-2007, 07:25 AM

This was my 7th time to see TOOL. While it was much better than the 2006/09/11 show, it just didn't rock my socks off like some of the earlier shows. Why? Well, part of the reason could have been that we were so far back - it's hard to connect with the band when you can hardly see them. Also, as other have mentioned, there was a lot of talking, and security always seemed to be shining thier light on someone (lots of smoking going on).

I did manage to snag a few pics and a couple vid clips if you're interested:

http://www.bradberryman.com/concert_20071116_TOOL.htm

Enjoy!
Old 11-20-2007, 07:25 AM   #41
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 16 Houston, TX Toyota Center

This was my 7th time to see TOOL. While it was much better than the 2006/09/11 show, it just didn't rock my socks off like some of the earlier shows. Why? Well, part of the reason could have been that we were so far back - it's hard to connect with the band when you can hardly see them. Also, as other have mentioned, there was a lot of talking, and security always seemed to be shining thier light on someone (lots of smoking going on).

I did manage to snag a few pics and a couple vid clips if you're interested:

http://www.bradberryman.com/concert_20071116_TOOL.htm

Enjoy!
OFFLINE |  
BoomShakaLaka's Avatar BoomShakaLaka
11-21-2007, 09:19 AM

After the show one of my friends manage to go back stage with one of her co-workers and got to meet the band and shit, got all kinds of free merch. from adam and she said that Danny told her that they are in the process of writing a new album. now we have something to look forward to
Old 11-21-2007, 09:19 AM   #42
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

After the show one of my friends manage to go back stage with one of her co-workers and got to meet the band and shit, got all kinds of free merch. from adam and she said that Danny told her that they are in the process of writing a new album. now we have something to look forward to
OFFLINE |  
Philtor210's Avatar Philtor210
11-28-2007, 05:49 PM

Yep... t'was awesome. Flood was awesome and Vicarious was a treat. Very disappointed at merch prices. $43 for a shirt? I bought 2... but still. This is my forth time seeing TOOL and the longest drive for me... from Corpus to Houston, it was worth every drop of $3 gas.

I was a bit disappointed at the crowd involvement, especially at the end of Vicarious when Maynard held the mic stand in his crotch awaiting our response to the last three lines. I was screaming at the top of my lungs and got a glance at the crowd and they all looked like a bunch of drunken, stoned ass zombies. That's living Vicariously for you huh?

Another thing that upset me was the lack of inactivity during Wings/10,000 Days, I mean... he's pouring his soul out people, listen and get involved in his ode to his mother.

On my way out I saw a guy passed out from his drunkenness.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:49 PM   #43
Level 1 - Lurker

Yep... t'was awesome. Flood was awesome and Vicarious was a treat. Very disappointed at merch prices. $43 for a shirt? I bought 2... but still. This is my forth time seeing TOOL and the longest drive for me... from Corpus to Houston, it was worth every drop of $3 gas.

I was a bit disappointed at the crowd involvement, especially at the end of Vicarious when Maynard held the mic stand in his crotch awaiting our response to the last three lines. I was screaming at the top of my lungs and got a glance at the crowd and they all looked like a bunch of drunken, stoned ass zombies. That's living Vicariously for you huh?

Another thing that upset me was the lack of inactivity during Wings/10,000 Days, I mean... he's pouring his soul out people, listen and get involved in his ode to his mother.

On my way out I saw a guy passed out from his drunkenness.
OFFLINE |  
Tintenfisch
11-30-2007, 08:59 AM

Well, Wings/10,000 Days...they're not exactly songs to headbang to until the very end. Maynard doesn't goof off when he's singing it; ergo, neither should we.

Our seats were fantastic (105, row 2) and my only complaint was that Maynard was a bit drowned out for some of the louder songs, but we could still hear him. There were five of us and I only had to tell one of us to STFU and stop singing badly during Stinkfist, so that worked out surprisingly well. Good crowd around us, great view of the stage.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:59 AM   #44
Level 3 - Talker

Well, Wings/10,000 Days...they're not exactly songs to headbang to until the very end. Maynard doesn't goof off when he's singing it; ergo, neither should we.

Our seats were fantastic (105, row 2) and my only complaint was that Maynard was a bit drowned out for some of the louder songs, but we could still hear him. There were five of us and I only had to tell one of us to STFU and stop singing badly during Stinkfist, so that worked out surprisingly well. Good crowd around us, great view of the stage.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply