46&2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings/10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, cool, post it. Everything that is not a show review will be deleted.

Last edited by paraflux; 08-29-2007 at 01:26 PM..
Old 07-09-2007, 08:10 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/08/28 - Frankfurt, Germany - Jahrhunderthalle

Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings/10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, cool, post it. Everything that is not a show review will be deleted.

Last edited by paraflux; 08-29-2007 at 01:26 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Right in ²
08-29-2007, 01:06 PM

Setlist:

JAMBI
Maynard: "Guten Abend Frankfurt. Good evening Frankfurt. Let's get this shit going!"
STINKFIST (extended)
46 & 2
SCHISM (extended)
ROSETTA STONED / NO LOST KEYS
Interlude jam
FLOOD + INTRO
Intermission

WINGS FOR MARIE (PT1)
10 000 DAYS (WINGS PT2)
LATERALUS (extended with DRUM SOLO)
MJK: "Goodbye. We'll see you soon.
Guide safely towards home, and see you soon...!"
VICARIOUS

It was my second TOOL show and the best one so far, even if Maynards vocals were very low at some times. Was in second row in front of Adam. The performance was excelent. The whole band was totaly into it, also maynard was in great mood.
The crowd was a little bit lame at some times, but I met some realy nice people.;)
There were also some pretty nice flowers on the stage maybe some of you notice them? Maybe to make it look a little bit nicer or doing something against climatic change:P.

"Goodbye we'll see you soon.."

EDIT: OH, I almost forgot...
"SCHMEIST DIE SICHERHEITSLEUT RAUS!" ^^

Last edited by Right in ²; 08-29-2007 at 01:35 PM..
Old 08-29-2007, 01:06 PM   #2
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/08/28 - Frankfurt, Germany - Jahrhunderthalle

Setlist:

JAMBI
Maynard: "Guten Abend Frankfurt. Good evening Frankfurt. Let's get this shit going!"
STINKFIST (extended)
46 & 2
SCHISM (extended)
ROSETTA STONED / NO LOST KEYS
Interlude jam
FLOOD + INTRO
Intermission

WINGS FOR MARIE (PT1)
10 000 DAYS (WINGS PT2)
LATERALUS (extended with DRUM SOLO)
MJK: "Goodbye. We'll see you soon.
Guide safely towards home, and see you soon...!"
VICARIOUS

It was my second TOOL show and the best one so far, even if Maynards vocals were very low at some times. Was in second row in front of Adam. The performance was excelent. The whole band was totaly into it, also maynard was in great mood.
The crowd was a little bit lame at some times, but I met some realy nice people.;)
There were also some pretty nice flowers on the stage maybe some of you notice them? Maybe to make it look a little bit nicer or doing something against climatic change:P.

"Goodbye we'll see you soon.."

EDIT: OH, I almost forgot...
"SCHMEIST DIE SICHERHEITSLEUT RAUS!" ^^

Last edited by Right in ²; 08-29-2007 at 01:35 PM..
OFFLINE |  
tiloprobst
08-29-2007, 01:07 PM

Setlist:
Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings/10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious

Show was good overall, but not brilliant. Very heavy on bass, but voice was still there. Those plants on the stage where funny. Some effects I had not seen before, but not much. Crowd was weird, a lot of people where I couldn't help myself but think they do not belong to such a show. Really really bad was when people used the silence of the early Wings to yell at Maynard. During the second intermission the band left completely - never seen that before. Maybe they discussed that the crows was not rewarding enough ;)

Setlist was missing one killer, Pushit, Right In Two or something like that.

Last edited by tiloprobst; 08-29-2007 at 01:11 PM..
Old 08-29-2007, 01:07 PM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

Setlist:
Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings/10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious

Show was good overall, but not brilliant. Very heavy on bass, but voice was still there. Those plants on the stage where funny. Some effects I had not seen before, but not much. Crowd was weird, a lot of people where I couldn't help myself but think they do not belong to such a show. Really really bad was when people used the silence of the early Wings to yell at Maynard. During the second intermission the band left completely - never seen that before. Maybe they discussed that the crows was not rewarding enough ;)

Setlist was missing one killer, Pushit, Right In Two or something like that.

Last edited by tiloprobst; 08-29-2007 at 01:11 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Rushlord
08-29-2007, 01:36 PM

"Guten Abend Frankfurt. Good evening Frankfurt. Let's get this shit started/going". Good show. The best show I've seen so far but the setlist was too predictable and took a bit of the fun....but Maynard had some amuzing moments where he improvised the songs and lyrics. Wings for Marie was the best part of the show and you could hear Maynards voice clearly and not pitched by too much bass. I really hoped for Aenema but I knew that they wouldn't play it. But the performance of the band was really good with a few mistakes by Adam sometimes.@tiloprobst, If the band didn't see the crowd as rewarding then they are a bit arrogant. Everyone was cheering, clapping and having a good time. So I don't think they didn't left the stage because the crowd was bad.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:36 PM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

"Guten Abend Frankfurt. Good evening Frankfurt. Let's get this shit started/going". Good show. The best show I've seen so far but the setlist was too predictable and took a bit of the fun....but Maynard had some amuzing moments where he improvised the songs and lyrics. Wings for Marie was the best part of the show and you could hear Maynards voice clearly and not pitched by too much bass. I really hoped for Aenema but I knew that they wouldn't play it. But the performance of the band was really good with a few mistakes by Adam sometimes.@tiloprobst, If the band didn't see the crowd as rewarding then they are a bit arrogant. Everyone was cheering, clapping and having a good time. So I don't think they didn't left the stage because the crowd was bad.
OFFLINE |  
devils_advokate's Avatar devils_advokate
08-29-2007, 03:06 PM

My 4th Show, and i have to say it was the best `cause of the great laser and animation work tool build up.much better than in 2006.
setlist was good. i thought they would play the festival setlist + aenima but they came up with Wings1&2....better choice!
I agree, maybe to much bass & to low vocals sometimes.

Before i forgot; ...fuck those weirdos who began to shout at the beginning of wings!
Old 08-29-2007, 03:06 PM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

My 4th Show, and i have to say it was the best `cause of the great laser and animation work tool build up.much better than in 2006.
setlist was good. i thought they would play the festival setlist + aenima but they came up with Wings1&2....better choice!
I agree, maybe to much bass & to low vocals sometimes.

Before i forgot; ...fuck those weirdos who began to shout at the beginning of wings!
OFFLINE |  
3poundsoflove's Avatar 3poundsoflove
08-30-2007, 12:42 AM

Jambi
Stinkfist (ext)
electronic intro/46&2
interlude/Schism (ext.)
Rosetta Stoned
improv. jam
Flood
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus (ext.)
Vicarious

Great show, tomorrow I´ll post more info.
Crowd ...people seemed like they were sleeping, apart from a couple of idiots that started to scream silly things during wings for marie. Or at least, crowd very calm compared to the italian one. In this show I felt safer.
Lateralus ...it lasted 16 or 17 minutes! Great Danny´s solo, with Maynard improvising a jury to vote his solo.
Highlights: of course Wings 1&2, Lateralus, Stinkfist.
The only song they didn´t play better than in november and june was Rosetta Stoned, in which they seemed tired.
Jambi too was great.

Maynard said "guide safely towards home, and see you soon..."
He did a very good performance, not losing neither higher notes nor lower ones. His singing during the Wings was so moving and PERFECT.

I was right in front of Justin, in the first row, I watched him playing with passion.

I hoped for pushit, but Flood was absolutely good.
I hope they are going to change a song (at least one) next Sunday in Bologna, Italy.

Great Performance, once again. The show lasted 1hour and 45/50 minutes.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:42 AM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

Jambi
Stinkfist (ext)
electronic intro/46&2
interlude/Schism (ext.)
Rosetta Stoned
improv. jam
Flood
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus (ext.)
Vicarious

Great show, tomorrow I´ll post more info.
Crowd ...people seemed like they were sleeping, apart from a couple of idiots that started to scream silly things during wings for marie. Or at least, crowd very calm compared to the italian one. In this show I felt safer.
Lateralus ...it lasted 16 or 17 minutes! Great Danny´s solo, with Maynard improvising a jury to vote his solo.
Highlights: of course Wings 1&2, Lateralus, Stinkfist.
The only song they didn´t play better than in november and june was Rosetta Stoned, in which they seemed tired.
Jambi too was great.

Maynard said "guide safely towards home, and see you soon..."
He did a very good performance, not losing neither higher notes nor lower ones. His singing during the Wings was so moving and PERFECT.

I was right in front of Justin, in the first row, I watched him playing with passion.

I hoped for pushit, but Flood was absolutely good.
I hope they are going to change a song (at least one) next Sunday in Bologna, Italy.

Great Performance, once again. The show lasted 1hour and 45/50 minutes.
OFFLINE |  
donhumberto
08-30-2007, 06:38 AM

Absolutely fucking mindblowing! It was worth every single cent I payed (I came all the way from Spain...). I just needed to hear Wings live and it didn't disapponit at all...and the intermission with all those weird effects was awesome too. The final verse in wings was one of the best moments I have/will ever witness...
Old 08-30-2007, 06:38 AM   #7
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

Absolutely fucking mindblowing! It was worth every single cent I payed (I came all the way from Spain...). I just needed to hear Wings live and it didn't disapponit at all...and the intermission with all those weird effects was awesome too. The final verse in wings was one of the best moments I have/will ever witness...
OFFLINE |  
Niels's Avatar Niels
08-30-2007, 07:01 AM

To my opinion, the stage setup was definately the festival kit. Not the white setup we saw in Europe last year. And the same with the lasers, they were much more impressive last year, also the three "UFO"-type lighting systems were not there. Maybe the 'Halle was just too small a venue, but I think they left all that stuff back home. Several plants decorated the stage, so I was hoping for a drum off, but no guest appearance tonight. (We got the 6.8 / 9.8 instead.) Justin's stool was already visible on the right, so Wings was expected. The Jahrhunderthalle is actually a very nice venue, quite intimate. I was never this close before. I was also in front of Justin, 3poundsoflove! Were you in the mosh? Those guys screaming during W1&2 in that mosh were Americans, can you believe it? I think they managed to spoil a bit of the show for some of the smaller spectators.... I still can't see how you can mosh your brains out on Wings... I guess I'm just getting old....

My personal favourite was Flood. I had never seen it before live, and it absolutely ROCKED! Second was the new and modified/double-extended Lateralus, awe-inspiring.

Rock on!
Old 08-30-2007, 07:01 AM   #8
Level 4 - Thinker

To my opinion, the stage setup was definately the festival kit. Not the white setup we saw in Europe last year. And the same with the lasers, they were much more impressive last year, also the three "UFO"-type lighting systems were not there. Maybe the 'Halle was just too small a venue, but I think they left all that stuff back home. Several plants decorated the stage, so I was hoping for a drum off, but no guest appearance tonight. (We got the 6.8 / 9.8 instead.) Justin's stool was already visible on the right, so Wings was expected. The Jahrhunderthalle is actually a very nice venue, quite intimate. I was never this close before. I was also in front of Justin, 3poundsoflove! Were you in the mosh? Those guys screaming during W1&2 in that mosh were Americans, can you believe it? I think they managed to spoil a bit of the show for some of the smaller spectators.... I still can't see how you can mosh your brains out on Wings... I guess I'm just getting old....

My personal favourite was Flood. I had never seen it before live, and it absolutely ROCKED! Second was the new and modified/double-extended Lateralus, awe-inspiring.

Rock on!
OFFLINE |  
eN!gma
08-30-2007, 07:46 AM

Thanks to the US Army fuckhead and his 6-8 fellows who walked through the crowd during the show (and stopped in front of me), spilled a whole pint of beer over my fucking trousers, started to mosh, smoked pot and shouted at Maynard during wings. You ruined 10-15 minutes of the show for me. Ignorant bastards.

The rest of the show was absolutely mind-blowing.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:46 AM   #9
Level 3 - Talker

Thanks to the US Army fuckhead and his 6-8 fellows who walked through the crowd during the show (and stopped in front of me), spilled a whole pint of beer over my fucking trousers, started to mosh, smoked pot and shouted at Maynard during wings. You ruined 10-15 minutes of the show for me. Ignorant bastards.

The rest of the show was absolutely mind-blowing.
OFFLINE |  
3poundsoflove's Avatar 3poundsoflove
08-30-2007, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niels View Post

I agree about the stage, in November/December it was even greater and more surrounding as impact. But some of the videos and projections were new and different.

about that stupid american ignorant who started to shout bullshit with his awful rough voice, I just hope someone will teach him how to behave. Civilization didn't arrive at his house.

Anyway yeah, I was in front of Justin, near a nice german girl with blond hair. I had the tool official bag and an A Perfect Circle black t-shirt.

once again, the show was great, the acoustic was good even just in front of the amps like was I.
It was my 5th tool show, maybe the best Maynard's performance I've seen (with tool).

I hope for a different song, just one, next sunday in Italy. They have to do a great show, cause after them there are nine inch nails playing, and I don't want people say "NIN was better than tool last night".
Old 08-30-2007, 09:04 AM   #10
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niels View Post

I agree about the stage, in November/December it was even greater and more surrounding as impact. But some of the videos and projections were new and different.

about that stupid american ignorant who started to shout bullshit with his awful rough voice, I just hope someone will teach him how to behave. Civilization didn't arrive at his house.

Anyway yeah, I was in front of Justin, near a nice german girl with blond hair. I had the tool official bag and an A Perfect Circle black t-shirt.

once again, the show was great, the acoustic was good even just in front of the amps like was I.
It was my 5th tool show, maybe the best Maynard's performance I've seen (with tool).

I hope for a different song, just one, next sunday in Italy. They have to do a great show, cause after them there are nine inch nails playing, and I don't want people say "NIN was better than tool last night".
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply