opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Jan-Feb 2007
User Name
Password
Old 01-17-2007, 10:11 PM   #1
Stealth Bomber

Bincount™: 37
2007/02/10 - Tokyo, JAP - Zepp

SETLIST --

Stinkfist
Swamp Song
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Right In Two
Opiate
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!

"Does this person ever post or is he a waste of space?" - fuckBrokers
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-10-2007, 03:18 AM   #2
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/02/10 - Tokyo, JAP - Zepp

Stinkfist
Swamp Song
46+2
Jambi
Schism
Right in 2
Opiate
Wings I & II
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenema
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-10-2007, 06:14 AM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

just come back. raw sound of guiter and bass, thunder drum and Maynard's voice still ringing in my ears.... awesome show, unbelievable performance, ever-uplifting setlist. audience here in japan is quiet as usual, but good appreciators. all i can say is, what a show!!!!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-10-2007, 08:02 AM   #4
Level 3 - Talker

You guys all forgot to mention the fact that some Japanese guy played guitar for 46+2 and they had a completely random beatbox solo during the middle of Opiate. SOOOOOOOOOOO fucking awesome. I can't believe i saw Opiate and Right in Two back to back. Amazing
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-10-2007, 09:08 AM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgsatlarge View Post
You guys all forgot to mention the fact that some Japanese guy played guitar for 46+2 and they had a completely random beatbox solo during the middle of Opiate. SOOOOOOOOOOO fucking awesome. I can't believe i saw Opiate and Right in Two back to back. Amazing
that's right, that japanese guitarist was nice surprise, and that beat-by-mic duo as well. can anybody tell who they are?

Right in Two was a sheer beauty, not to mention grand Wings I & II.

Last edited by jasminetea; 02-10-2007 at 09:57 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-10-2007, 10:48 AM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

I hope they will play Right in two this 14th......
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-11-2007, 06:38 AM   #7
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminetea View Post
that's right, that japanese guitarist was nice surprise, and that beat-by-mic duo as well. can anybody tell who they are?

Right in Two was a sheer beauty, not to mention grand Wings I & II.
I believe they were called The Incredible Beatbox Band. Justin introduced them at the end of Opiate. I think they met on Big Day Out in Australia last month.

The guest guitarist was a guy named Masa, an old friend of the band.
Maynard introduced him as Hatori Hanzo.

Last edited by junior; 02-11-2007 at 06:42 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-11-2007, 09:11 AM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
I believe they were called The Incredible Beatbox Band. Justin introduced them at the end of Opiate. I think they met on Big Day Out in Australia last month.

The guest guitarist was a guy named Masa, an old friend of the band.
Maynard introduced him as Hatori Hanzo.

Thank you for the above, junior.

I didn't know that Maynard said Hattori Hanzo, which is the name of a famous samurai in late 16th century lol.
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-11-2007, 09:23 AM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

tool day 3-

had to wake up early to go teach aikido.**body was really sore when i woke up.**noticed a bit of a cough.**maybe im pushing it too hard?

after aikido i went and met a friend in ginza, got some lunch...cracked my head on a wall and now have a big purple bump on my head!**
went to work and finished at 4:45 in aoyama...which gave me 15 mins to make a 35 min train ride to the venue.**
i emailed Y and told him i was going to be a bit late and he said not to worry because they were running late.**today the doors opened at 5pm as opposed to 6pm like yesterday.
was feeling really dead on the train out to the venue so i quick stopped at the convenience store near the venue and picked up another red bull and some more beer.**
ran to the venue with a red bull in one hand and a beer in the other.**
it was important that i get there before doors open because my ticket number was 3.**
i arrived right as they opened the doors.**i must have been like the 40 or 50th person in the venue.**ran to the bar, got 2 more beers and ran into the hall where i found Y and A sitting where else...rail stage right, perfect spot for watching danny and justin.**they read my mind!**
sat on the rail with Y and A emailing my wife to find out when she was going to show up.**(she had to work until 6:15pm).**the reception was really bad at the venue so reciving and sending emails was tough. was nervous about not being able to communcate with her once she got to the venue.**sent off an email telling her such and to try and email me when she got to the venue.**hopefully id be able to receive it eventhough the reception was bad.

band was late to hit the stage...
Y and A and I notice that the crowd seemed much less aggressive than last night.

band came out...big round of applause...then silence...nice!**this was going to be a good night!
since they had played the same set yesterday as they did in osaka i was a bit worried that they'd do the same tonight.**they didnt.**went crazy when they played swamp song.**in the middle of swamp song there was a pause where danny and maynard looked at eachother to see who was going to be the one to signal the end of the pause and jump back into the song...they both smiled and hit it at the same time.**that was cool to see.

like i said yesterday, i really wanted to watch the communication between danny and justin.**
i barely watched maynard and adam;**concentrating on justin and danny.**
ive been to alot of tool shows and im a bit ashamed to say that i never notice how much energy justin puts into each show!**this guy is busting his ass...and i dont think its just because hes good at his job,**i think its just because he loves playing music.**hes soo into it.**he watches everyone on stage.**he's very aware when hes on stage.**

opiate-**well they threw this into there set at summer sonic as well so i was kinda expecting this...just wasn't sure when.**
they had 2 jp beat boxers come out on stage.**Y and A liked it but i just couldn't get into it.**justin really dug it though.**

wings for marie-**i kept checking my phone to see if there was any email from my wife, but no reception.**i was really torn as to what to do...stay and watch wings or try and track down my wife...
I stayed for wings.**this was the best performance of this song i have yet to see.**the crowed was completely silent!**even during the transition from part 1 to 2.**it was great.**flawless.**only bad point is that justins bass is killing maynards voice.**for the past 3 days i keep seeing maynard signal to someone to bring his sound up.**dont know if that has anything to do with the sound that we hear or not but the problem has yet to be fixed.**

right in two-**whow!**danny is crazy!**i really dislike this song...but now that ive seen it live up close i can really appreciate what majik this song really is.**i dont know how danny remembers what cymbal and drum to hit?**he is truly flawless...at least to my ears.

vicarious-**i just cant get into this song.**its just one of those tool songs that no matter how many times you listen to it, it just wont grow on you.**so i figured that if i value my marriage i should jump ship and look for my wife.**
found my wife in about 2 mins!**crazy.**it was soo dark but i found her right away!**glad i did to because this guy standing near her flipped out and started punching people.**i dont know what was wrong with him but he flipped out.**my wife couldve been really hurt had i not been there.**the guy ran out of the side door after he'd caused enough problems and i followed him out.**ran up to security and told them what happened and said they should toss his ass before he hurts someone.**no idea what became of it.

enjoyed the rest of the show with the wifey.**turns out that danny threw his drum stick right were i was standing up front.**the guy who was standing behind me got it.**i still think i did the right thing by going to be with my wife.**

we left the venue and headed to that good restaurant that we wanted to go to yesterday, ty harbor.**ty harbor is great.**the beer is brewed right there on location and its right on a river way.**to say the food is great is an understatement!**
it was the perfect ending to a perfect night.
good friends, good band, good concert, good songs, good crowed, good beer, good food...time to go home, get in bed and die!!!

looking forward to the 12th

ajen_trypt
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-12-2007, 05:38 AM   #10
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajen_trypt View Post
**for the past 3 days i keep seeing maynard signal to someone to bring his sound up.**dont know if that has anything to do with the sound that we hear or not but the problem has yet to be fixed.**
It doesn't. It's strictly about what they are hearing onstage in their monitors.
The band aren't aware of what it sounds like out front.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: