opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 13. Ænema
User Name
Password
Old 07-09-2006, 03:20 PM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 63
Reference to Atlantis.

As we all know, Tool's songs usually have double meanings within them. Yes it's evident that this song is about LA and and all the idiots living within it. And how California will be flooded leaving Arizona Bay.

But if you think about it, this song can equally apply to what happened with Atlantis. Maybe the "names" dont go with it, such as ". Ron Hubbart, but maybe the names are just used as metaphors. Just as is the section in which he says " fret for your..."
I mean I know Atlantians probably didn't have lattes and contracts, but those things are used metaphorically for what they did have.

Thoughts?
Old 07-09-2006, 09:27 PM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Reference to Atlantis.

that is quite possible since in nothing in the book is true , but it is exactly how things are by Bob Frissel which is MJK's favorite book, it goes very very deeply into the alantians.. so i wouldnt doubt it.. btw check the book out.. pretty neat
Old 07-09-2006, 10:19 PM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 63
Re: Reference to Atlantis.

Yeah, I've heard a lot about that book. I'm definately going to check it out one of there days.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: