Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Spring 2012
User Name
Password
Mlauri85
02-02-2012, 02:57 PM

This was my fourth Tool show and although not my favorite, I was pleased overall. First, let me get my gripes out of the way. The NJ/NY crowd was just terrible and basically brought the experience down automatically for me and my companions. Standing in the aisles where you do not belong and talking loudly over the band is reprehensible at a Tool show. Fuck these people – they should not be allowed in. In addition, it’s my own opinion that the band probably doesn’t love NJ either, and therefore skimped on the set-list. The sound quality overall was “ehh” for me. I didn’t have great seats, so I’m not going to complain much beyond that – but I would have liked to hear Maynard’s vocal track bumped up a bit more in the mix. However, at some points, he projected his voice above the band and it was just pure magic (like during Pushit – And if I say I may fade like a sigh…etc.) Sometimes I feel that he prefers to be “tucked in” the mix and not super up-front.
The setlist was a bit shorter than other shows on the tour, which is obviously going to be disappointing for anyone hoping to hear Ticks and Leeches or some other rarity. However, it was well-balanced. Pushit and Schism were my two favorites, along with Lateralus. I loved that they opened with Hooker – which is just a ballsy move in and of itself, and was a nice touch for older fans like myself.
As far as “special moments”, I loved the drum dual between Danny and Dave, and HATED the Sober break. What the hell was that? Good time to take a piss, if you ask me, but I’ll forgive them. That “new song” jam sounded much like 46&2…time will tell what that was. Wouldn’t be surprised if they were hinting at a new tune, like they did with Wings for Marie back in the Lateralus days on tour.
So overall, great show – how could it not be when you’re seeing Tool? I love how everyone has their own interpretation of the show and their own personal/spiritual expectations…although one concert can’t please everyone in every way, you gotta appreciate what a great experience we all had last night.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #41
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.01.2012 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Izod Centre

This was my fourth Tool show and although not my favorite, I was pleased overall. First, let me get my gripes out of the way. The NJ/NY crowd was just terrible and basically brought the experience down automatically for me and my companions. Standing in the aisles where you do not belong and talking loudly over the band is reprehensible at a Tool show. Fuck these people – they should not be allowed in. In addition, it’s my own opinion that the band probably doesn’t love NJ either, and therefore skimped on the set-list. The sound quality overall was “ehh” for me. I didn’t have great seats, so I’m not going to complain much beyond that – but I would have liked to hear Maynard’s vocal track bumped up a bit more in the mix. However, at some points, he projected his voice above the band and it was just pure magic (like during Pushit – And if I say I may fade like a sigh…etc.) Sometimes I feel that he prefers to be “tucked in” the mix and not super up-front.
The setlist was a bit shorter than other shows on the tour, which is obviously going to be disappointing for anyone hoping to hear Ticks and Leeches or some other rarity. However, it was well-balanced. Pushit and Schism were my two favorites, along with Lateralus. I loved that they opened with Hooker – which is just a ballsy move in and of itself, and was a nice touch for older fans like myself.
As far as “special moments”, I loved the drum dual between Danny and Dave, and HATED the Sober break. What the hell was that? Good time to take a piss, if you ask me, but I’ll forgive them. That “new song” jam sounded much like 46&2…time will tell what that was. Wouldn’t be surprised if they were hinting at a new tune, like they did with Wings for Marie back in the Lateralus days on tour.
So overall, great show – how could it not be when you’re seeing Tool? I love how everyone has their own interpretation of the show and their own personal/spiritual expectations…although one concert can’t please everyone in every way, you gotta appreciate what a great experience we all had last night.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
hatred in a jar's Avatar hatred in a jar
02-02-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopgas View Post
A Celestial performance, an affirmation of why their music art and message are so amazing and important. The best most fun Tool show Ive been to since Halloween 2002.
halloween 02 was the one of the greatest nights of my life. GA third eye, and H. god i wish i could relive it. well the whole show is posted on youtube so i kinda can ;D but that was a night to remember seriously like nothing i've ever seen. and that show put me on to meshuggah who is now one of my favorite bands. that show was alive, this show last night was just dead compared to that night. not regarding the music though i'm talkin energy from the crowdwise/
Old 02-02-2012, 03:00 PM   #42
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopgas View Post
A Celestial performance, an affirmation of why their music art and message are so amazing and important. The best most fun Tool show Ive been to since Halloween 2002.
halloween 02 was the one of the greatest nights of my life. GA third eye, and H. god i wish i could relive it. well the whole show is posted on youtube so i kinda can ;D but that was a night to remember seriously like nothing i've ever seen. and that show put me on to meshuggah who is now one of my favorite bands. that show was alive, this show last night was just dead compared to that night. not regarding the music though i'm talkin energy from the crowdwise/
Helldog`
02-02-2012, 03:06 PM

Last night I thought 46 & 2 was the greatest thing I'd ever witnessed. Then they played Lateralus.

**Did anyone notice that/Can anyone confirm if Maynard said "And a dope Slipknot tee" in Hooker with a Penis in place of "Beastie tee"??
Old 02-02-2012, 03:06 PM   #43
Level 1 - Lurker

Last night I thought 46 & 2 was the greatest thing I'd ever witnessed. Then they played Lateralus.

**Did anyone notice that/Can anyone confirm if Maynard said "And a dope Slipknot tee" in Hooker with a Penis in place of "Beastie tee"??
godhenry
02-02-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Great show. 9th time since the King Crimson tour in 2001. Section 101 dead center, 14 rows back from the sound booth. Perfect sound and lighting from there. Loved seeing Hooker, Intension and Pushit. Highlights were 46&2 and Lateralus. I think the DJ was Will Bailey, but I am not sure. Frank Ferrer KILLED IT, and Danny and Maynard loved the drum beat down. "We all win." That was probably the coolest thing that has happened at the Meadowlands since the last time Tool played there. F**kTheNYGiants. NINERS!!
Glad to know a fellow Bay Arean was in the crowd. And yes, I felt warm and fuzzy when MJK said "we all win."
Old 02-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #44
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Great show. 9th time since the King Crimson tour in 2001. Section 101 dead center, 14 rows back from the sound booth. Perfect sound and lighting from there. Loved seeing Hooker, Intension and Pushit. Highlights were 46&2 and Lateralus. I think the DJ was Will Bailey, but I am not sure. Frank Ferrer KILLED IT, and Danny and Maynard loved the drum beat down. "We all win." That was probably the coolest thing that has happened at the Meadowlands since the last time Tool played there. F**kTheNYGiants. NINERS!!
Glad to know a fellow Bay Arean was in the crowd. And yes, I felt warm and fuzzy when MJK said "we all win."
02-02-2012, 03:23 PM

Yea... well... in response... the show was great. It was Tool so unless there are major technical problems or MJK's voice takes a dump (these things happen, even at Tool shows) it's going to be better than virtually everything else out there. That being said... come on now people now people now... even the biggest fans among us have to admit that the break during Sober last night was a let down, and if you've seen them on this tour at another venue, you possibly saw them better than last night. I don't want to tread on anyone's mystical journey, but... well, I am treading on your mystical journey. They are getting old. They are tired after bouncing up and down the eastern seaboard (after all these years they still get caught in the NJ, MA, CT, NY hassle where you can't hit them in geographical order)... they are going to have nights that are better than others (especially the vocalist). It's just the way it is. They are still incredible live, and every show has goosebumps moments, but they didn't have their A game last night. Relax, it doesn't mean the game is over for them... it's just changing and they are a different animal than they were 5 years ago, 10 years before that, etc. But man... that Sober break was a worse failure than Tricky rapping on Reflection back in '01 (which was OK in a way)... never thought I'd see a complete failure like that at a Tool show but at least they tried... shows balls. But it sucked... lol...

More to the crowd... I don't think that the band has anything against NJ or NY, and as pros they should treat each audience individually as it comes, but yea... that crowd last night deserved a shortened setlist. Floor was not rocking at all, and the aforementioned conversationalists were EVERYWHERE. In Camden, the row in front of us had some striped-shirt clubgoers who looked like they were in Situation and Snookie look-alike contests before the show. I was appalled when they sat in front of me and certain they'd be an annoyance and possibly distract from the show. They had no place at a Tool show based on their appearance, and guess what? They were stone cold awesome. Rocking out, not talking above the music, and pounding beers, totally into it. Last night, the people around us were the exact opposite... black shirts abound with bad goatees and pale skin and fishnets, and those bastards wouldn't shut up and wouldn't dance or mosh or headbang or anything. It was like they were there for the scene and not the music.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:23 PM   #45
Level 3 - Talker

Yea... well... in response... the show was great. It was Tool so unless there are major technical problems or MJK's voice takes a dump (these things happen, even at Tool shows) it's going to be better than virtually everything else out there. That being said... come on now people now people now... even the biggest fans among us have to admit that the break during Sober last night was a let down, and if you've seen them on this tour at another venue, you possibly saw them better than last night. I don't want to tread on anyone's mystical journey, but... well, I am treading on your mystical journey. They are getting old. They are tired after bouncing up and down the eastern seaboard (after all these years they still get caught in the NJ, MA, CT, NY hassle where you can't hit them in geographical order)... they are going to have nights that are better than others (especially the vocalist). It's just the way it is. They are still incredible live, and every show has goosebumps moments, but they didn't have their A game last night. Relax, it doesn't mean the game is over for them... it's just changing and they are a different animal than they were 5 years ago, 10 years before that, etc. But man... that Sober break was a worse failure than Tricky rapping on Reflection back in '01 (which was OK in a way)... never thought I'd see a complete failure like that at a Tool show but at least they tried... shows balls. But it sucked... lol...

More to the crowd... I don't think that the band has anything against NJ or NY, and as pros they should treat each audience individually as it comes, but yea... that crowd last night deserved a shortened setlist. Floor was not rocking at all, and the aforementioned conversationalists were EVERYWHERE. In Camden, the row in front of us had some striped-shirt clubgoers who looked like they were in Situation and Snookie look-alike contests before the show. I was appalled when they sat in front of me and certain they'd be an annoyance and possibly distract from the show. They had no place at a Tool show based on their appearance, and guess what? They were stone cold awesome. Rocking out, not talking above the music, and pounding beers, totally into it. Last night, the people around us were the exact opposite... black shirts abound with bad goatees and pale skin and fishnets, and those bastards wouldn't shut up and wouldn't dance or mosh or headbang or anything. It was like they were there for the scene and not the music.
strong_zo
02-02-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndEyeQuote View Post
I think it was Will not Bill.

and no they don't scew nj and ny fans. they had two guests tonight, none at Camden or Mohegan Sun. and in 01 at the garden they played undertow the one and only time on the lateralus tour. also it was the first time they ever played triad live.

people's expectations, wants, and disappointments amuse, especially from the people who have seen them before. everyone should know by now what they will get. they dont really change their sets, no encores, and not that many songs.

but even with 10 songs the show was almost 2 hours. and like the Camden reviews and Mohegan Sun reviews people keep failing to mention how much more than those 10 songs you're getting. sober and schism were extended, they've been teasing at everyshow with the intro to no quarter, and a TON of never before heard instrumental stuff.

of the 3 I went to this time Mohegan Sun was the best. Schism sounded better at izod though.

any one else notice that maynard says "in-between snorts of coke" instead of "sips"? he did it at all three.

the only comment I have, for him specifically, is how he jokes that some of the songs they are playing are some that they haven't played since "some of you were nothing but sperm or unprotected sex."

I don't know what he has against younger fans, but that is simply not true. they played hooker as late as 96 maybe later, and the rest are either newer or they play a lot. I'm 33 and one of the younger people i know who listen to TOOL. I have a cousin in his 20s that does but that's about it. I don't know how he doesnt realize that lease 60-70% of the crowd are in their 30s or older. he either cant do math anymore or has a real complex about getting older.

ah well, its still nice to see how much Danny, Justin, and Adam love the fans, so I ignore maynard's disdain. I mean it's no coincidence they are playing hooker and ticks. think of the combined message there.

lastly in this day and age the no camera thing is getting stupid. with cell phones these days virtually everyone has one in their pocket. I understand no flash photography, but geeze Maynard lighten up already.
T
Old 02-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #46
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndEyeQuote View Post
I think it was Will not Bill.

and no they don't scew nj and ny fans. they had two guests tonight, none at Camden or Mohegan Sun. and in 01 at the garden they played undertow the one and only time on the lateralus tour. also it was the first time they ever played triad live.

people's expectations, wants, and disappointments amuse, especially from the people who have seen them before. everyone should know by now what they will get. they dont really change their sets, no encores, and not that many songs.

but even with 10 songs the show was almost 2 hours. and like the Camden reviews and Mohegan Sun reviews people keep failing to mention how much more than those 10 songs you're getting. sober and schism were extended, they've been teasing at everyshow with the intro to no quarter, and a TON of never before heard instrumental stuff.

of the 3 I went to this time Mohegan Sun was the best. Schism sounded better at izod though.

any one else notice that maynard says "in-between snorts of coke" instead of "sips"? he did it at all three.

the only comment I have, for him specifically, is how he jokes that some of the songs they are playing are some that they haven't played since "some of you were nothing but sperm or unprotected sex."

I don't know what he has against younger fans, but that is simply not true. they played hooker as late as 96 maybe later, and the rest are either newer or they play a lot. I'm 33 and one of the younger people i know who listen to TOOL. I have a cousin in his 20s that does but that's about it. I don't know how he doesnt realize that lease 60-70% of the crowd are in their 30s or older. he either cant do math anymore or has a real complex about getting older.

ah well, its still nice to see how much Danny, Justin, and Adam love the fans, so I ignore maynard's disdain. I mean it's no coincidence they are playing hooker and ticks. think of the combined message there.

lastly in this day and age the no camera thing is getting stupid. with cell phones these days virtually everyone has one in their pocket. I understand no flash photography, but geeze Maynard lighten up already.
T
strong_zo
02-02-2012, 03:34 PM

*They played Undertow & Eulogy in Hartford.Lateralus tour 01
Old 02-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #47
Level 3 - Talker

02-02-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strong_zo View Post
i would kill to see those songs live.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #48
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
i would kill to see those songs live.
shineoneforever24
02-02-2012, 06:35 PM

from the previous set lists that ive seen this one was setting up for parabola..i saw the image of the set list and them skipping that song is a major disappointment.. this is about my 10th time seeing them and it was great as always but i wish they didnt skip one of my favorite songs
Old 02-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #49
Level 1 - Lurker

from the previous set lists that ive seen this one was setting up for parabola..i saw the image of the set list and them skipping that song is a major disappointment.. this is about my 10th time seeing them and it was great as always but i wish they didnt skip one of my favorite songs
godhenry
02-02-2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biff View Post

Well said.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #50
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

Well said.
02-02-2012, 08:26 PM

No idea how people could complain about this show lol. Ok people in my section were fine. Band was on fire. Been a while since I've seen them play with that much energy. Sound quality was fantastic in my opinion and the visuals were hands down best of all of my 10 shows. For the record Maynard killed it last night. I've been to shows where the vocals were low, blah blah blah, but he really let it out tonight. Seriously people could complain? No I didn't see ticks, but were you even at the show? Who gives a fuck. Bill during sober was interesting to say the least, but nothing out of the ordinary. Never been to a Tool show where they didn't freak me out with some crazy vibration/sounds. Rather made me kinda giggle. Terrific show and I couldn't have gone with a group of better guys. Much love and respect for the band tonight, I really felt like they killed it. Fiercely.

Even songs I've heard at every show, seemed to be just way better for some reason.

Loved it.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:26 PM   #51
reg
Level 1 - Lurker

No idea how people could complain about this show lol. Ok people in my section were fine. Band was on fire. Been a while since I've seen them play with that much energy. Sound quality was fantastic in my opinion and the visuals were hands down best of all of my 10 shows. For the record Maynard killed it last night. I've been to shows where the vocals were low, blah blah blah, but he really let it out tonight. Seriously people could complain? No I didn't see ticks, but were you even at the show? Who gives a fuck. Bill during sober was interesting to say the least, but nothing out of the ordinary. Never been to a Tool show where they didn't freak me out with some crazy vibration/sounds. Rather made me kinda giggle. Terrific show and I couldn't have gone with a group of better guys. Much love and respect for the band tonight, I really felt like they killed it. Fiercely.

Even songs I've heard at every show, seemed to be just way better for some reason.

Loved it.
EndEyeQuote's Avatar EndEyeQuote
02-02-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
my mistake. my point still stands though that they usually do something special in new york as they hardly played undertow at all on the tour and the garden show was the first time they played triad live.
11.19.'96 nyc • 5.20.'01 nyc • 9.24.'01 willkes-barre, pa • 10.1.'01 nyc • 10.2.'01 nyc • 8.13.'02 nyc • 8.15.'02 east rutherford, nj • 10.31.'02 long island • 5.19.'06 nyc • 5.20.'06 nyc • 10.7.'06 long island • 8.1.'09 liberty island • 1.29'12 camden, nj • 1.31.'12 mohegan sun, ct • 2.1.'12 east rutherford, nj • 11.18.'19 philly, pa • 11.19.'19 brooklyn, ny

pull the wool over your own eyes...

[eeq]
Old 02-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #52
Level 666 - Cenobite (tdn $supporter)

Bincount™: 20

Quote:
my mistake. my point still stands though that they usually do something special in new york as they hardly played undertow at all on the tour and the garden show was the first time they played triad live.
11.19.'96 nyc • 5.20.'01 nyc • 9.24.'01 willkes-barre, pa • 10.1.'01 nyc • 10.2.'01 nyc • 8.13.'02 nyc • 8.15.'02 east rutherford, nj • 10.31.'02 long island • 5.19.'06 nyc • 5.20.'06 nyc • 10.7.'06 long island • 8.1.'09 liberty island • 1.29'12 camden, nj • 1.31.'12 mohegan sun, ct • 2.1.'12 east rutherford, nj • 11.18.'19 philly, pa • 11.19.'19 brooklyn, ny

pull the wool over your own eyes...

[eeq]
godhenry
02-02-2012, 08:56 PM

Here's the deal. If you somewhat resemble a evolving spirit, you thrive on betterment. One derives betterment from constructive criticism. If you are a serious artist, you want to hear constructive criticism. If you are serious about art, you want to provide critique when it's called for. People really shouldn't "complain," but they should definitely critique. If you can't handle it, go join the scientology or something.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #53
Level 8 - Vociferous

Here's the deal. If you somewhat resemble a evolving spirit, you thrive on betterment. One derives betterment from constructive criticism. If you are a serious artist, you want to hear constructive criticism. If you are serious about art, you want to provide critique when it's called for. People really shouldn't "complain," but they should definitely critique. If you can't handle it, go join the scientology or something.
02-02-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatred in a jar View Post
i got there just as maynard was doing his speech before sober, really pissed for missing hooker and i feel betrayed that they didn't play ticks and leeches. i was really looking forward to it as i have never heard it live and probably never will :/ i kind of though that hooker, ticks and pushit were staples on this tour but i guess not. about the crowd all you people talkin shit about new york and new jersey can shove it up your ass. i will admit that i have never seen a more dead GA section than last night it was fucking pathetic. i was actually contemplating bumrushing the floor just to rile people up. god even if you don't like moshing fuckin move around or something. i was by myself and vibing in my seat section 104 seat 2 but i just didn't feel anything from the crowd. all i'm gonna say is i'm from brooklyn and when i go to shows i fuckin participate in the vibing to the music no matter who the fuck is around me and that's what's up. if you're gonna stand around that's your own fuckin problem not mine. look at live tool videos from 96 and how the crowds were wild as shit back then. i don't recall seing one head move in the GA it was like everyone was just standing there. beyond my understanding how that many people could be so dead at a tool show. maybe that's why they fucked us on the setlist. definitely regretted not taking shrooms but still i had a great time and am so happy i got to see pushit, but i missed hooker and they didn't play ticks. waaaaaaahhhhhhhhh i'm so sad. i am definitely buying tickets to more than one show next tour so i have a possible chance of hearing songs i haven't heard them play live before. and i am going GA next time so i can show you fuckers how to move. I WILL MAKE YOU MOVE!
shit i just realized it was actually seated in the Ga that was why no one was moving. lmao. halloween 02 we had a 30 foot radius pit for lateralus. seats in Ga is an abomination.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:29 PM   #54
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
i got there just as maynard was doing his speech before sober, really pissed for missing hooker and i feel betrayed that they didn't play ticks and leeches. i was really looking forward to it as i have never heard it live and probably never will :/ i kind of though that hooker, ticks and pushit were staples on this tour but i guess not. about the crowd all you people talkin shit about new york and new jersey can shove it up your ass. i will admit that i have never seen a more dead GA section than last night it was fucking pathetic. i was actually contemplating bumrushing the floor just to rile people up. god even if you don't like moshing fuckin move around or something. i was by myself and vibing in my seat section 104 seat 2 but i just didn't feel anything from the crowd. all i'm gonna say is i'm from brooklyn and when i go to shows i fuckin participate in the vibing to the music no matter who the fuck is around me and that's what's up. if you're gonna stand around that's your own fuckin problem not mine. look at live tool videos from 96 and how the crowds were wild as shit back then. i don't recall seing one head move in the GA it was like everyone was just standing there. beyond my understanding how that many people could be so dead at a tool show. maybe that's why they fucked us on the setlist. definitely regretted not taking shrooms but still i had a great time and am so happy i got to see pushit, but i missed hooker and they didn't play ticks. waaaaaaahhhhhhhhh i'm so sad. i am definitely buying tickets to more than one show next tour so i have a possible chance of hearing songs i haven't heard them play live before. and i am going GA next time so i can show you fuckers how to move. I WILL MAKE YOU MOVE!
shit i just realized it was actually seated in the Ga that was why no one was moving. lmao. halloween 02 we had a 30 foot radius pit for lateralus. seats in Ga is an abomination.
Dmdfc
02-03-2012, 02:28 AM

Actually, the guy during Sober was Will Brooks from Dälek/IconAclass.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:28 AM   #55
Level 1 - Lurker

Actually, the guy during Sober was Will Brooks from Dälek/IconAclass.
viti's Avatar viti
02-03-2012, 05:29 AM

Quote:
I agree with what your saying bout the crowd but you realize the GA section had seats? Where I was sitting the crowd was tame too...but i think it was in part ot the security in our section...anybody else have a problem with the security..complete buzz kill
Old 02-03-2012, 05:29 AM   #56
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 17

Quote:
I agree with what your saying bout the crowd but you realize the GA section had seats? Where I was sitting the crowd was tame too...but i think it was in part ot the security in our section...anybody else have a problem with the security..complete buzz kill
02-03-2012, 05:53 AM

I just want to say for the record the guest doing his thing during sober has to be some of the worse crap I have ever heard at a major concert. I would've rather listen to intermission for another 7 minutes, or parabol/a then 7 minutes of some random dude ripping apart a great song and stalling a great show.

Secondly, on a positive note, the band played very well. Only heard Adam mess up twice (not really mess ups) during Stinkfist, Intermission and Pushit. He looked bored at times
Danny was spectacular, even a little more tuned up and polished than my last witnessing. how that's possible IDK.
Maynard slammed the vocals all night long simply amazing during the climax of Pushit. Nailed it.
Justin's sound was muddy at the beginning of the show but the mix cleared up and honestly he sounded great through out the rest really on point and possessed.

Short show but pleasantly surprised they came through town anyway.

Last edited by crisis; 02-03-2012 at 06:00 AM.. Reason: more info
Old 02-03-2012, 05:53 AM   #57
Level 2 - Poster

I just want to say for the record the guest doing his thing during sober has to be some of the worse crap I have ever heard at a major concert. I would've rather listen to intermission for another 7 minutes, or parabol/a then 7 minutes of some random dude ripping apart a great song and stalling a great show.

Secondly, on a positive note, the band played very well. Only heard Adam mess up twice (not really mess ups) during Stinkfist, Intermission and Pushit. He looked bored at times
Danny was spectacular, even a little more tuned up and polished than my last witnessing. how that's possible IDK.
Maynard slammed the vocals all night long simply amazing during the climax of Pushit. Nailed it.
Justin's sound was muddy at the beginning of the show but the mix cleared up and honestly he sounded great through out the rest really on point and possessed.

Short show but pleasantly surprised they came through town anyway.

Last edited by crisis; 02-03-2012 at 06:00 AM.. Reason: more info
SchismEleven's Avatar SchismEleven
02-03-2012, 08:02 AM

Great show overall. Since this was not a new album Tour it felt more intimate...but I didn't enjoy the IZOD center as much as I did back in 06.' The crowd seemed like a bunch of roadies & their main objective was to get drunk/high. That is fine if this was a festival with other bands but @ a Tool show you do not need anything to enhance your experience. Another thing I don't understand is the large amount of guys looking toward each other and not at the band while singing the lyrics. This actually happened directly to my left and right of where I was seated. Too much Bro-mance for me guys and even my fiancé mentioned this at the end of the show. She has also been to several concerts and was kind of baffled at the annoyances of the crowd.

Back in 06' it was more or less a greatest hits show with the needed 10,000 days songs in the setlist. I actually saw 2 shows in 2 weeks that tour so it felt repetitive but I still feel those were FULL shows. So far this mini-tour has been only about 9 full songs. I don't know about anyone else but that’s not enough material when each ticket is over $65 a pop.

On a positive note it was nice to hear Sober/Hooker/Intention/Pushit this time around. If that setlist someone received is real, it’s a huge let down that they didn’t play Parabola. Never heard that one either. It will be interesting to see what the next couple of shows will have to offer. Instead of Parabola, H. or Jimmy would also fit great before they play Aenema. Just my opinion. Since Tool doesn't come around too often, I can only hope they continue to tour till they are old and greyer. ; )

Till then, I’ll keep my ears third eye opened when the new album is released!

9/28/06 Camden
10/06/06 East Rutherford
7/18/07 Holmdel
2/01/12 East Rutherford
Old 02-03-2012, 08:02 AM   #58
Level 4 - Thinker

Great show overall. Since this was not a new album Tour it felt more intimate...but I didn't enjoy the IZOD center as much as I did back in 06.' The crowd seemed like a bunch of roadies & their main objective was to get drunk/high. That is fine if this was a festival with other bands but @ a Tool show you do not need anything to enhance your experience. Another thing I don't understand is the large amount of guys looking toward each other and not at the band while singing the lyrics. This actually happened directly to my left and right of where I was seated. Too much Bro-mance for me guys and even my fiancé mentioned this at the end of the show. She has also been to several concerts and was kind of baffled at the annoyances of the crowd.

Back in 06' it was more or less a greatest hits show with the needed 10,000 days songs in the setlist. I actually saw 2 shows in 2 weeks that tour so it felt repetitive but I still feel those were FULL shows. So far this mini-tour has been only about 9 full songs. I don't know about anyone else but that’s not enough material when each ticket is over $65 a pop.

On a positive note it was nice to hear Sober/Hooker/Intention/Pushit this time around. If that setlist someone received is real, it’s a huge let down that they didn’t play Parabola. Never heard that one either. It will be interesting to see what the next couple of shows will have to offer. Instead of Parabola, H. or Jimmy would also fit great before they play Aenema. Just my opinion. Since Tool doesn't come around too often, I can only hope they continue to tour till they are old and greyer. ; )

Till then, I’ll keep my ears third eye opened when the new album is released!

9/28/06 Camden
10/06/06 East Rutherford
7/18/07 Holmdel
2/01/12 East Rutherford
SawThatGapAgainToday's Avatar SawThatGapAgainToday
02-03-2012, 08:07 AM

There was no GA standing area at Izod. Lets stop making excuses, the crowd was LAME. This was my first show that I actually noticed how lame the crowd was during the show rather than thinking of it after. I blame the crowd for being lame but the venue didnt help much either. 6 merch booths? took me forever to locate the signed posters. And Yes security was a huge buzz kill.
As I said before, if there was GA/Pit standing area, the non fans would be pushed to the back and the real fans could make their way to the front. Plus its awfully hard to talk to a buddy when the crowd is moving constantly. Bring back the small venue Tool shows. Roseland was the best Tool show I will ever see.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:07 AM   #59
Level 1 - Lurker

There was no GA standing area at Izod. Lets stop making excuses, the crowd was LAME. This was my first show that I actually noticed how lame the crowd was during the show rather than thinking of it after. I blame the crowd for being lame but the venue didnt help much either. 6 merch booths? took me forever to locate the signed posters. And Yes security was a huge buzz kill.
As I said before, if there was GA/Pit standing area, the non fans would be pushed to the back and the real fans could make their way to the front. Plus its awfully hard to talk to a buddy when the crowd is moving constantly. Bring back the small venue Tool shows. Roseland was the best Tool show I will ever see.
02-03-2012, 09:30 AM

deleted

Last edited by skatko; 02-03-2012 at 09:38 AM..
Old 02-03-2012, 09:30 AM   #60
Level 1 - Lurker

deleted

Last edited by skatko; 02-03-2012 at 09:38 AM..
02-03-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viti View Post
yea dude i realized after i posted it and reposted my mistake lol. i knew something was up. it was really bothering me at the time though because i couldn't see the actual seats and i was wondering why the hell everyone was so still. i know that when this was continental airlines arena they didn't have any seats in the GA. i wonder if that's a new thing for this venue because that really sucks and i would steer clear of seeing another show there live if that is the case. it totally kills the whole vibe of a live show to have seats in GA.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #61
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by viti View Post
yea dude i realized after i posted it and reposted my mistake lol. i knew something was up. it was really bothering me at the time though because i couldn't see the actual seats and i was wondering why the hell everyone was so still. i know that when this was continental airlines arena they didn't have any seats in the GA. i wonder if that's a new thing for this venue because that really sucks and i would steer clear of seeing another show there live if that is the case. it totally kills the whole vibe of a live show to have seats in GA.
carlos10
02-03-2012, 11:50 AM

The comments on this page are ridiculous beyond my understanding. I have seen Tool numerous times in LA, San Francisco, San Jose, Sacramento, Texas, New Mexico, New Orleans, Manhatten and now New Jersey and no matter where you are there are idiots who constantly talk during shows! It's not the city, it's the luck of the draw where you sit.
It is absolutely ridiculous to blame a city. I could go on and on about LA and how many morons in the music industry get free tickets to shows and do not have a clue what is going on, so they socialize and ruin it for diehards.
With that being said, last nights show was fucking great. Not the best obviously, thanks to probably the worst piece of shit DJ/synthesizing crap I have ever heard in my life.
I have no idea who's idea this was but I agree with a comment above : complete failure. But besides that complete disturbance in the flow of the show and cleansing the
sound and visuals were top form. The visuals specifically were the best I have ever seen from them in the last 20 years.
I was worried about the acoustics in a big arena but to my surprise it sounded perfect.
People will always complain about the setlist and that is their prerogative. I for one am just happy that Tool continue to tour. I am 40 and the first time I saw them was on a side stage in Phoenix at Lollapalooza in 1993. To think that almost 20 years later I would get to see Tool and Janes Addiction within a couple of months is unreal.

To all you bitching moaning complainers, be happy that you saw them at all and try to appreciate the fact that TOOL still exists!
Old 02-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #62
Level 1 - Lurker

The comments on this page are ridiculous beyond my understanding. I have seen Tool numerous times in LA, San Francisco, San Jose, Sacramento, Texas, New Mexico, New Orleans, Manhatten and now New Jersey and no matter where you are there are idiots who constantly talk during shows! It's not the city, it's the luck of the draw where you sit.
It is absolutely ridiculous to blame a city. I could go on and on about LA and how many morons in the music industry get free tickets to shows and do not have a clue what is going on, so they socialize and ruin it for diehards.
With that being said, last nights show was fucking great. Not the best obviously, thanks to probably the worst piece of shit DJ/synthesizing crap I have ever heard in my life.
I have no idea who's idea this was but I agree with a comment above : complete failure. But besides that complete disturbance in the flow of the show and cleansing the
sound and visuals were top form. The visuals specifically were the best I have ever seen from them in the last 20 years.
I was worried about the acoustics in a big arena but to my surprise it sounded perfect.
People will always complain about the setlist and that is their prerogative. I for one am just happy that Tool continue to tour. I am 40 and the first time I saw them was on a side stage in Phoenix at Lollapalooza in 1993. To think that almost 20 years later I would get to see Tool and Janes Addiction within a couple of months is unreal.

To all you bitching moaning complainers, be happy that you saw them at all and try to appreciate the fact that TOOL still exists!
citizenundersuspicion
02-03-2012, 01:17 PM

This is one of Tool's Greatest Hits tours-- literally, ie a majority of the songs have been released as radio-play singles-- yet, judging by this show, it doesnt matter how many times I've heard these tunes, they are playing really really well, fresh and energetic with a nice flow to the setlist. The sound in section 2 behind soundboard was fantastic, esp considering the size of this place.

SETLIST:

The Hooker, Jambi, Pushit, 46&2 alone paid for the ticket-- incredibly played, clear and tight.

I'm one of those obsessives. I already knew we were getting the Sober/Parabola set because they had done T/L for the previous 4 shows. Really wanted to see T/L and I'm not a fan of Sober-- but the trade off for Parabol/a was awesome, love that tune.

Grabbed a beer during Sober and returned to witness the DJ section-- truly awful, uninteresting and overbearing, very long. I don't like DJ's/turntable laptops anywhere near metal bands-- and Tool in particular. Listening to them since early 90's, I often saw them get inadvertenly lumped in with alot of that rap-metal bullshit that was prevelant in mid-late 90s. Like "Yo man, I crank my woofers with fucking 311, some Cypress bro, I got Life Is Peachy-- and TOOL MAN. Can't pronounce that shit though." Whatever, college was a waste of time.

So yeah I was pretty disappointed when I didn't hear opening notes of Parabol after Lateralus-- it took me about 3 minutes to get over it. I mean, kids in Cambodia are still getting blown up by UXOs. And the show was sick all around-- Tool can play the shit out of these well-worn tunes but, as this concert proved, keep them timeless and interesting.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #63
Level 1 - Lurker

This is one of Tool's Greatest Hits tours-- literally, ie a majority of the songs have been released as radio-play singles-- yet, judging by this show, it doesnt matter how many times I've heard these tunes, they are playing really really well, fresh and energetic with a nice flow to the setlist. The sound in section 2 behind soundboard was fantastic, esp considering the size of this place.

SETLIST:

The Hooker, Jambi, Pushit, 46&2 alone paid for the ticket-- incredibly played, clear and tight.

I'm one of those obsessives. I already knew we were getting the Sober/Parabola set because they had done T/L for the previous 4 shows. Really wanted to see T/L and I'm not a fan of Sober-- but the trade off for Parabol/a was awesome, love that tune.

Grabbed a beer during Sober and returned to witness the DJ section-- truly awful, uninteresting and overbearing, very long. I don't like DJ's/turntable laptops anywhere near metal bands-- and Tool in particular. Listening to them since early 90's, I often saw them get inadvertenly lumped in with alot of that rap-metal bullshit that was prevelant in mid-late 90s. Like "Yo man, I crank my woofers with fucking 311, some Cypress bro, I got Life Is Peachy-- and TOOL MAN. Can't pronounce that shit though." Whatever, college was a waste of time.

So yeah I was pretty disappointed when I didn't hear opening notes of Parabol after Lateralus-- it took me about 3 minutes to get over it. I mean, kids in Cambodia are still getting blown up by UXOs. And the show was sick all around-- Tool can play the shit out of these well-worn tunes but, as this concert proved, keep them timeless and interesting.
mikkey66
02-03-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankber View Post
8th time seeing Tool, 4th time at this venue. It seems that they don't really respect their fans in Jersey. They always play a very tame setlist, and compared to the shows I've seen in Seattle, they seem to be holding back. Avoid seeing Tool in Jersey if you can, because they just phone it in. Waste of time and money.
Get over yourself .They played basically the same setlist everywhere as they usually do.And to all the rest of you haters and disappointed so called fans do me and the rest of us a favor and stay home next time.Tool is one of the best live bands you will ever see .The music and talent on that stage is so far and above the rest of the crap that is out there today ,if you don`t see that then you really are not a fan of TOOL.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #64
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankber View Post
8th time seeing Tool, 4th time at this venue. It seems that they don't really respect their fans in Jersey. They always play a very tame setlist, and compared to the shows I've seen in Seattle, they seem to be holding back. Avoid seeing Tool in Jersey if you can, because they just phone it in. Waste of time and money.
Get over yourself .They played basically the same setlist everywhere as they usually do.And to all the rest of you haters and disappointed so called fans do me and the rest of us a favor and stay home next time.Tool is one of the best live bands you will ever see .The music and talent on that stage is so far and above the rest of the crap that is out there today ,if you don`t see that then you really are not a fan of TOOL.
mikkey66
02-03-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos10 View Post

AMEN.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:26 PM   #65
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos10 View Post

AMEN.
mikkey66
02-03-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
To the reviewer that says Tool mail it in at Jersey shows... I'd amend that to North Jersey/NYC area shows. I gotta say... I don't blame them. The section I was in 121 (yes basically the entire section with some exceptions) was more interested in shouting over the music to continue whatever pointless conversation they were having at the time than actually getting what they paid for. Intension? Forget it. I'd wager that the band could hear the murmur of voices coming from the crowd during the quiet parts. You learn more by listening than by talking... seems that never made it's way up here. Brutal. Shut up and listen.

My 25th (or so, gotta get a count one of these days) Tool show since 97 and while definitely still great was one of their more lackluster performances, especially compared to the magic that happened Sunday in Camden (of all places, though by and large Philly rock crowds are better). Sober with the DJ was somewhat of a failure, and interrupted the flow of the show just as it had gotten rolling. Pushit was great but MJK did not deliver like the did on Sunday as he did not sustain notes during the chorus ("shoot it in me" as opposed to "shoot it in meeeeeeeEEEEE" on Sunday). He did nail the crescendo and ending though. I love the "shut the fuck up" where the old "shut up and" used to be in Hooker. First time I've ever seen Adam mail it in, again especially compared to Sunday's show down south where he actually was doing some headbanging (!!!). Danny was great, per usual but was basically just doing his job without adding anything new or spectacular. Justin only seemed to really engage at the end. Like I said, great show, but by Tool's incredibly high standards, it ranks near the bottom of the shows I've seen. One highlight was the guest drummer. Definitely a fan living the dream and was nice to see his enthusiasm.

Dear Jersey and NYC, I love you but "shut the fuck up" and listen. Cannot stress enough how annoying your crowds are... so much better for everyone if you save your money, stay home, listen to the records at a low volume and carry on your conversations there.
Dear Philly fan please stay in Philly from now on and please do not attend any more TOOL shows anywhere .You are not worthy.Keep you and your grumpiness south of NY.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:32 PM   #66
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
To the reviewer that says Tool mail it in at Jersey shows... I'd amend that to North Jersey/NYC area shows. I gotta say... I don't blame them. The section I was in 121 (yes basically the entire section with some exceptions) was more interested in shouting over the music to continue whatever pointless conversation they were having at the time than actually getting what they paid for. Intension? Forget it. I'd wager that the band could hear the murmur of voices coming from the crowd during the quiet parts. You learn more by listening than by talking... seems that never made it's way up here. Brutal. Shut up and listen.

My 25th (or so, gotta get a count one of these days) Tool show since 97 and while definitely still great was one of their more lackluster performances, especially compared to the magic that happened Sunday in Camden (of all places, though by and large Philly rock crowds are better). Sober with the DJ was somewhat of a failure, and interrupted the flow of the show just as it had gotten rolling. Pushit was great but MJK did not deliver like the did on Sunday as he did not sustain notes during the chorus ("shoot it in me" as opposed to "shoot it in meeeeeeeEEEEE" on Sunday). He did nail the crescendo and ending though. I love the "shut the fuck up" where the old "shut up and" used to be in Hooker. First time I've ever seen Adam mail it in, again especially compared to Sunday's show down south where he actually was doing some headbanging (!!!). Danny was great, per usual but was basically just doing his job without adding anything new or spectacular. Justin only seemed to really engage at the end. Like I said, great show, but by Tool's incredibly high standards, it ranks near the bottom of the shows I've seen. One highlight was the guest drummer. Definitely a fan living the dream and was nice to see his enthusiasm.

Dear Jersey and NYC, I love you but "shut the fuck up" and listen. Cannot stress enough how annoying your crowds are... so much better for everyone if you save your money, stay home, listen to the records at a low volume and carry on your conversations there.
Dear Philly fan please stay in Philly from now on and please do not attend any more TOOL shows anywhere .You are not worthy.Keep you and your grumpiness south of NY.
biff
02-03-2012, 03:20 PM

Sooooooooo... honest comments and critiques are just reflective of grumpiness? I thought this was a review section instead of a blow-smoke-up-each-others-asses-about-how-we-are-lucky-to-see-Tool section. I too have seen Tool on both coasts, in the midwest, up and down the mid-Atlantic region, and wherever else I could. I think they are the best band on the planet, and I've never seen a live band so consistent nor capable of reaching truly celestial heights, so my comments are clearly relative. So yea, we're lucky that WE GET TO PAY to see Tool (one of the most expensive tickets around) and they are lucky that we care enough about them after 6 years without new material to go see them. Get that straight. Second, I live in the NNJ/NYC area and like it and have seen good crowds here at shows, but by and large, there's a better chance of a show being spoiled by the crowd here than anywhere else I've ever seen a show, and I've seen shows spoiled by crowds elsewhere... obviously, this is relative to my experience. Sooooo that being said... Tool were off two nights ago and the crowd sucked so they cut a song from the set. What the fuck is wrong with that? It happened.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:20 PM   #67
Level 3 - Talker

Sooooooooo... honest comments and critiques are just reflective of grumpiness? I thought this was a review section instead of a blow-smoke-up-each-others-asses-about-how-we-are-lucky-to-see-Tool section. I too have seen Tool on both coasts, in the midwest, up and down the mid-Atlantic region, and wherever else I could. I think they are the best band on the planet, and I've never seen a live band so consistent nor capable of reaching truly celestial heights, so my comments are clearly relative. So yea, we're lucky that WE GET TO PAY to see Tool (one of the most expensive tickets around) and they are lucky that we care enough about them after 6 years without new material to go see them. Get that straight. Second, I live in the NNJ/NYC area and like it and have seen good crowds here at shows, but by and large, there's a better chance of a show being spoiled by the crowd here than anywhere else I've ever seen a show, and I've seen shows spoiled by crowds elsewhere... obviously, this is relative to my experience. Sooooo that being said... Tool were off two nights ago and the crowd sucked so they cut a song from the set. What the fuck is wrong with that? It happened.
02-03-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
well you also have to take into consideration that this was a seated GA. that pretty much ruins everything because no one can move. i do have to admit that no one around me seemed as excited as i was to be there. that being said i was fucking ripped and had a great time. watching the clips of the show brought back memories of how awesome the moment really was and how maynard is has such control and knows how to use the microphone to full advantage and i love how little subtle changes in the delivery gives certain moments of every song a truly different feel. tool will never dissapoint me.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:17 PM   #68
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
well you also have to take into consideration that this was a seated GA. that pretty much ruins everything because no one can move. i do have to admit that no one around me seemed as excited as i was to be there. that being said i was fucking ripped and had a great time. watching the clips of the show brought back memories of how awesome the moment really was and how maynard is has such control and knows how to use the microphone to full advantage and i love how little subtle changes in the delivery gives certain moments of every song a truly different feel. tool will never dissapoint me.
godhenry
02-03-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismEleven View Post

If that setlist someone received is real, it’s a huge let down that they didn’t play Parabola. Never heard that one either.
yep it's real. grabbed it from the sound guy. also said hi to junior and shook his hand.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #69
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismEleven View Post

If that setlist someone received is real, it’s a huge let down that they didn’t play Parabola. Never heard that one either.
yep it's real. grabbed it from the sound guy. also said hi to junior and shook his hand.
02-04-2012, 05:52 AM

No Worries....I am from MA & seen TOOL in NYC 4 Times..2002 Summer RCMH
This goes out to JOEY& DEE DEE........Commando RAMONES COVER........
Old 02-04-2012, 05:52 AM   #70
Level 3 - Talker

No Worries....I am from MA & seen TOOL in NYC 4 Times..2002 Summer RCMH
This goes out to JOEY& DEE DEE........Commando RAMONES COVER........
Joe&Ant
02-04-2012, 06:04 AM

I cant say enough good things about this show! As I said in my earlier post, I was there with my 9yo son for his 10th bday. He is a huge TOOL fan. Because of his age, he has not been influenced by "radio play". He did get to hear his favorite song Schism. Mine is Sober, so we were both happy. He really wanted to hear Message to Harry Manback Die Eier Von Satan. lol. I told him way ahead of time he probably wont. We were in 239 row 4, and had the greatest people around us.

BTW, we drove up from Maryland for it.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:04 AM   #71
Level 1 - Lurker

I cant say enough good things about this show! As I said in my earlier post, I was there with my 9yo son for his 10th bday. He is a huge TOOL fan. Because of his age, he has not been influenced by "radio play". He did get to hear his favorite song Schism. Mine is Sober, so we were both happy. He really wanted to hear Message to Harry Manback Die Eier Von Satan. lol. I told him way ahead of time he probably wont. We were in 239 row 4, and had the greatest people around us.

BTW, we drove up from Maryland for it.
rockin914
02-04-2012, 07:50 AM

I'm still thinking about this show and how great it was! TOOL just kicked ass...so good!
Old 02-04-2012, 07:50 AM   #72
Level 1 - Lurker

I'm still thinking about this show and how great it was! TOOL just kicked ass...so good!
mindlattice's Avatar mindlattice
02-04-2012, 09:00 AM

I have seen some amazing NYC-related shows: Hammerstein Ballroom in 2001, MSG 2001 Halloween. 2002, Radio City 2002...... I don't know what happened on wednesday night, but the venue just seemed flat. The Camden show on sunday was pure energy, but East Ruth was flat. I don't care much for North Jersey concerts, even if I appreciate 2 NJ dates. The show I am sure was amazing to watch for almost anyone.... But I have seen shows like this. Where the magic just isn't there between the band, the fans, whatever. I saw the last 2 Vegas shows in 2008 at The Pearl..... Night-one was a VERY VERY VERY basic show. MJk was distant, no screams....pretty bad performance. BUT on the 2nd night.... It was amazing. Same setlist, but they brought out their A-game Its a complicated band, with complicated music, with complicated fans..... Simple as that.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:00 AM   #73
Level 4 - Thinker

I have seen some amazing NYC-related shows: Hammerstein Ballroom in 2001, MSG 2001 Halloween. 2002, Radio City 2002...... I don't know what happened on wednesday night, but the venue just seemed flat. The Camden show on sunday was pure energy, but East Ruth was flat. I don't care much for North Jersey concerts, even if I appreciate 2 NJ dates. The show I am sure was amazing to watch for almost anyone.... But I have seen shows like this. Where the magic just isn't there between the band, the fans, whatever. I saw the last 2 Vegas shows in 2008 at The Pearl..... Night-one was a VERY VERY VERY basic show. MJk was distant, no screams....pretty bad performance. BUT on the 2nd night.... It was amazing. Same setlist, but they brought out their A-game Its a complicated band, with complicated music, with complicated fans..... Simple as that.
godhenry
02-04-2012, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindlattice View Post
Radio City 2002 FTW. Well, to quote MJK, we all win.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #74
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindlattice View Post
Radio City 2002 FTW. Well, to quote MJK, we all win.
02-04-2012, 09:54 AM

What's funny is that u can literally chalk up a mediocre T00L performance to an off night by MJK....... But the weird thing is that he was moving around a lot, hitting all his notes..... He sounded great. I sat in section 121, and I think the speakers on that side were the PA's, as he was way up in the mix. Danny's bassdrum farted a few times in that speaker. LOL
Old 02-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #75
Level 4 - Thinker

What's funny is that u can literally chalk up a mediocre T00L performance to an off night by MJK....... But the weird thing is that he was moving around a lot, hitting all his notes..... He sounded great. I sat in section 121, and I think the speakers on that side were the PA's, as he was way up in the mix. Danny's bassdrum farted a few times in that speaker. LOL
nusense
02-04-2012, 10:51 AM

Bit late chiming in. Great show as always, if a little short. Sucks they're cutting a track off the initial set list length now but I appreciate the guests. Although the guy from Dalek in Sober was really awful. I appreciate the effort and all that but sonically it was just an abrasive mess.

Other than that the guys were fucking on fire though, especially Maynard. He seems in really good spirits again much like last summer. Can't wait for Atlanta now and praying we get a slightly longer set. Doubly hopeful for parabolic/parabola.

And while the set could be a bit longer, the visuals are far more amazing than ever I think. Cant wait to see what they pull off when they unveil the new album, whenever that happens.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #76
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bit late chiming in. Great show as always, if a little short. Sucks they're cutting a track off the initial set list length now but I appreciate the guests. Although the guy from Dalek in Sober was really awful. I appreciate the effort and all that but sonically it was just an abrasive mess.

Other than that the guys were fucking on fire though, especially Maynard. He seems in really good spirits again much like last summer. Can't wait for Atlanta now and praying we get a slightly longer set. Doubly hopeful for parabolic/parabola.

And while the set could be a bit longer, the visuals are far more amazing than ever I think. Cant wait to see what they pull off when they unveil the new album, whenever that happens.
godhenry
02-21-2012, 12:27 AM

http://newyork.timeout.com/things-to...at-izod-center

"The show was a reminder that a good concert doesn't have to explain itself, conform to a catchy theme or hook; the act of creating a shared space, a communion between artist and audience, is significance enough. Tool gets that."
Old 02-21-2012, 12:27 AM   #77
Level 8 - Vociferous

http://newyork.timeout.com/things-to...at-izod-center

"The show was a reminder that a good concert doesn't have to explain itself, conform to a catchy theme or hook; the act of creating a shared space, a communion between artist and audience, is significance enough. Tool gets that."
04-16-2012, 01:22 PM

Wish I could have made one of these shows. On a good note though I did just get a signed concert posster from the event. I cant wait to frame it!
Old 04-16-2012, 01:22 PM   #78
Level 1 - Lurker

Wish I could have made one of these shows. On a good note though I did just get a signed concert posster from the event. I cant wait to frame it!
mcnadd's Avatar mcnadd
04-16-2012, 04:44 PM

east rutherford was so sick. got me realll excited for a new album and new visuals/lasers.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:44 PM   #79
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

east rutherford was so sick. got me realll excited for a new album and new visuals/lasers.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply