opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 06. Message to Harry Manback
User Name
Password
Old 04-30-2010, 01:54 AM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Original piano piece?

Harry Manback forum looked like it needed a bump lol. Anyway I've always wondered, is the piano music an original piece or is it adapted from somewhere? Also, in either case who wrote it, I've always assumed David Bottrill but I could be wrong.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:03 AM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3
Re: Original piano piece?

This piece of piano music is without question some of the most beautiful music that I have ever heard. Listening to it on its own, without any spoken words, is ethereal. But the "lyrics" — the message left by the hateful Italian — are crucial and make this piece absolutely brilliant as they provide a drastic juxtaposition to the music. The contrast between the peaceful music and the venomous words is both severe and perfect.

As to your question, my understanding is that this is an original composition. I've not been able to find a writing credit during a very quick search (just got to work ... really need to work!), but my gut thinks Adam would have been the composer of this.

Anyone know?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:35 PM   #3
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel on the Sideline View Post
This piece of piano music is without question some of the most beautiful music that I have ever heard. Listening to it on its own, without any spoken words, is ethereal. But the "lyrics" — the message left by the hateful Italian — are crucial and make this piece absolutely brilliant as they provide a drastic juxtaposition to the music. The contrast between the peaceful music and the venomous words is both severe and perfect.

As to your question, my understanding is that this is an original composition. I've not been able to find a writing credit during a very quick search (just got to work ... really need to work!), but my gut thinks Adam would have been the composer of this.

Anyone know?
Not sure who composed it either but the one thing I wanted to add to your post is the duality between this segue and Die Eier Von Satan.

They were both put in there to make a specific point...don't judge every book by it's cover. They have this beautiful piano piece with soft spoken words and the beach in the background and any casual listener, quick to judge media or even the pompous parent would think "Oh, what a lovely song" (unless of course they spoke italian..-I think it's Italian anyway). And in contrast Die Eier Von Satan sounds like sound neo-nazi Hilter-esque rant when it's really just a hash cookie recipe.

I remember back in the early to mid 90's there were all these rumors from the uninformed that thought the band were actually satan worshippers and evil...I've even heard they were necrophiliacs and like to have sex with dead bodies..lolol

It's all about poking fun with a big middle finger to the idiots that can't think for themselves and judge things without having a clue.....kind of like racism.

That's just my 2 cents.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:12 PM   #4
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

If the doubt still exists, here's something: http://toolshed.down.net/articles/in...--Tape_Op.html

Producer David Bottrill played the piano part.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: