opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 03. H.
User Name
Password
Old 06-25-2008, 08:41 AM   #161
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 94
Re: Do you think he ever got away . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivek View Post
Two in high school, and that pretty much ruined the band experience for me... you know how high school can be.

Then since I moved out on my own, I've been working with a lot of other musicians around here... I'd call them more collaborations than bands at the moment, due to the lack of a totally solid lineup or real organization. Kevlar is technically my third band, but I've jammed with people just to jam more times than I can count at this point.
High school is morbid, running amok with horny children.
I know it all too well.

My first band...gives me a headache.
I don't think I should even call it one.
I was literally run over by incompetents, and this is me being at my subtletest.

My second band is Mute, as you know, and it's very promising---for a minute, I found it too promising; I'm getting used to the dream, however. People say we're capable of turning it into a big thing, and I can see why.

Would you call this new band you're all forming in August your fourth? Or is it just another collaboration, then?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:01 AM   #162
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

My bandmate is extremely overconfident sometimes, which worries me.

The limited demo, which sucks, was released somewhat against my will. We were still going through the self-teaching method of using the gear, so the music was a bit...unsatisfactory---for me, anyways.

She liked it, however.

It was an honest piece of crap, but it sold, and I guess teenagers these days will do anything to have friends in high places, which is bull. Everything these days is a damn publicity stunt.

But for the sake of gear and other things, I decided to just let it sell. I, at least, wouldn't take the demo as a serious piece of work.

The guy doesn't finish things?
In our band, things work great because my partner's the starter, while I'm the finisher. It works perfectly, because we bounce off each other with ideas and music...most of the time.

It's likely to become a downright amazing band if you have a finisher in there somewhere.

Industrial's a great genre, and electronically, it's very easy to experiment with. What kind of gear are you guys using?
Old 06-25-2008, 09:15 AM   #163
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

That actually sounds pretty promising from this standpoint.

Wow.

Have you guys tried using computer mixing programs?
They work great on live performances---ours also has a vocoder and a lot of synths to choose from, making it an easy job to either choose from the premade or just create your own.

They have phasers, too. Good stuff.

Your drummer's gonna have to stick to tempo and do all the crazy things you made for him live? Have mercy.

How many people are in this group?
Old 06-25-2008, 09:42 AM   #164
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Just be careful how you two go about it - many a time I've seen someone think they had a great shot, and they did, but they executed poorly and ended up at square one + disappointment.
I am the perfect example :-O
Old 06-25-2008, 09:51 AM   #165
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_noose View Post
Silly monkeys..
lol
Old 06-25-2008, 09:54 AM   #166
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
And really. Do you expect me to be approachable to people who think that due to plate tectonics, california will somehow fall off of its plate and into the sea? Do you really expect me, or anyone with a shred of common knowledge or a slight bit of commitment to stopping misinformation to just smile, nod, and be like, "yep, maybe your completely wrong and stupid theory is right..."
I don't recall a single person in that thread ever once saying that California "would fall of it's plate". The main objective behind the discussion was that California could, due to some circumstance be under water". I think people are speaking in metaphorical terms when they think of Cali breaking off and falling into the ocean, at least I was.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:05 AM   #167
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Computer mixing, like Ableton and such? I've considered them, but as of right now we're seeing how far the current approach will take us.

There's 4 of us in the group, really. I'm pretty confident in the drummer's ability to replicate at least most of the stuff being done, none of it's too crazy yet. The beats I've been playing around with aren't IDM, exactly, just kinda trippy.

So what's Mute's next move?
Yeah.
Believe it or not, it saves a lot of cash on gear.

We're on the lyric-writing stage.
We've got lots of material done, so we're going to add lyrics to those that we meant to add them to.

Since the person I'm working with is on vacation, I'm working on stuff on my own right now.

We're really also trying to save up for actual performance gear. If all goes right, we'll be making some money pretty soon...lots of people want to hear us live, and we've just barely started.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:06 AM   #168
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
I don't recall a single person in that thread ever once saying that California "would fall of it's plate". The main objective behind the discussion was that California could, due to some circumstance be under water". I think people are speaking in metaphorical terms when they think of Cali breaking off and falling into the ocean, at least I was.
It was in another thread :P
Old 06-25-2008, 10:55 AM   #169
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26

Rivek, just reading from when you've started posting here, you've been on at least three hours. Not raggin' on you, I do it too, but you always use the "I'm only on thirty minutes a day and it gives me 5,000 posts in 8 months." The reason I bring this up is that this forum is a part of your 'real' life. You take time out of your 'real' day to type on a 'real' computer and get 'real' people to respond to your 'real' thoughts. I forget whose originally credited for writing about the 'internet fucktard anomaly,' I'm not making this up, you can google it. It basically states "Anonymity + internet communication = asshole." Whereas in real life circumstances these people would be totally different. Using your logic, I could hand write an extremely negative letter to you in the mail and then say, "Oh, you we're bummed out about that? That letter isn't real you know."

Anyway, I think gjamison and I are through explaining to you how this isn't 'fake.' If you think the internet exists solely to take cheap shots at others, who am I to tell you it's not. Make of it what you will.

I would actually like to hear some of your music though. What style of music do you like to play?
Old 06-25-2008, 01:13 PM   #170
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635

Quote:
It's a callback to a thread from a few months ago, which you obviously don't know about because you and your cronies take one look at interact and go "ZOMFG THEYRE NOT TALKING ABOUT TOOL THEY ARE HEATHENS!"
LOL

That was funny. As i recall there's not a single thread left at the albums that hasn't gone off topic :)

BTW, my horizon goes beyond TOOL in here, you know that. We've been talking about numbers of non-TOOL related topics in the past. And i don't mean just the small-talk.

I just don't like the hostile attitude, man. Your conversations in the past have shown me that you are an intelligent young dude. This bickering is too childish.

Last edited by Rolo; 06-25-2008 at 01:18 PM..
Old 06-25-2008, 02:32 PM   #171
Jedi Master

Quote:
Well, then, as dxs pointed out, if people don't want bickering, maybe they shouldn't start it.

Re-read this thread carefully, and then you tell me who broke into the conversation about musical projects with attacks.
Don't get me wrong, i know about what happened in this thread. But this started in various threads at te same time. I guess things add up rather quickly around here.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:21 PM   #172
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 10

Agreed. Im tired of the bickering myself and there is NO need to start "serious" arguements in the future. We seriously need to start getting along and talking about our interests, hobbies, what this Tool song is about, why this song inspires me, etc. Obviously disagreements will happen but lets lose the childish bickering vibe.

Plus, Rivek..your last several posts made me respect you more than I already did. Cheers.

Also, Im extremely bummed right now because I just got fucked by internet fraud I believe.
:( ... I dont want anyone to feel sorry for me but I just thought I'd share this horrible news with everyone.

Make sure your debit/credit cards are super glued to your waist, your hip, and your shoulder blades when your taking a piss, walking the dog, getting a shower and/or having sex with the old lady....
Old 06-25-2008, 04:49 PM   #173
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

You get screwed regardless.
I've seen it happen.
With the credit/debit, I mean.

Fraudulent people have found ways to hack you even when they can't touch your debit/credit cards, taking advantage of web payments and such.

if it were me, i'd say to pay with cold, hard cash all the time.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:24 PM   #174
Level 8 - Vociferous

Its a really sad story to be honest with you. It involves my "so-called" friend. Well one day I was leaving my friends house after working out with him. Once I got home, I realized that I didnt have my wallet on me. I looked fuckin everywhere for it, in my truck, destroyed my room looking for it, fuckin EVERYWHERE. I soon realized that I placed my wallet on his dresser by his computer so I called him. "Yo dude, I forgot my wallet on your dresser I think" he says "Yeah its right here man" I said "AWESOME, thank fuckin god, I'll be there shortly." So I drove back over to his house which is about 5 mins away.(Those five mins were all he needed to do his fuckin dirty work!!) Keep in mind that this happened about a month ago. I believe he didnt use my information for a little while so it wouldnt be "obvious" but thats just me.

I am constantly checking my account on bankofamerica.com so Im up to date with all of my transactions etc. Today, I realized that there was a charge for amazon.com (which I never ever use, let alone purchase an item) for the amount of $29.95. Being that the ONLY time I ever lost my wallet for an extended period of time, I "assumed" that is was him. Its NOT a definate, but I gotta call bankofamerica tomorrow morning so they can investigate the transaction. They couldnt do it today because the transaction was pending.

Moral of the story: Dont trust anyone?! Its really sad to know that EVEN your friends will stab you in the back at times. But if all goes well he could be facing jail time for fraud. Sucks to him.

BTW, All unathorized transactions are refunded by bankofamerica. So Rivek, Im good with that. Well thats my story. I hope everyone reads this and takes it into consideration....Keep those cards glued to your chest.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:00 PM   #175
On Probation

Bincount™: 189

Gotta agree with Rolo here man. Bring back the old preprobe Rivek!

Wish my band would get it together. I'm playing like a virtuoso and they're like three year old kids with sticks. Gotta get away from em
Old 06-26-2008, 03:50 PM   #176
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Of_Nothing View Post
Gotta agree with Rolo here man. Bring back the old preprobe Rivek!

Wish my band would get it together. I'm playing like a virtuoso and they're like three year old kids with sticks. Gotta get away from em
It's even more dumb when the kids with sticks hate you for it.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:02 AM   #177
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Good to hear that you'll be getting taken care of on that, man. That really sucks. But honestly, in my experience, only friends will stab you in the back, because they're the only ones you let get enough trust to break.
Yeah man it definately blows hard...I think im gonna lock all of my credit/debit cards in a safe and Go 'old fashion" and strickly use cold hard cash...

*E.M.P. from the mother and sun..torn the digital down..*
Old 06-27-2008, 10:57 AM   #178
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool_Is_Sick View Post
Yeah man it definately blows hard...I think im gonna lock all of my credit/debit cards in a safe and Go 'old fashion" and strickly use cold hard cash...

*E.M.P. from the mother and sun..torn the digital down..*
Terrible story, man. It's not the amount of cash, it's the broken trust that hurts the most, i guess. You'll have a hard time trusting someone in the (near) future...

Last edited by Rolo; 06-27-2008 at 11:00 AM..
Old 06-27-2008, 11:04 AM   #179
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 0

I think you may need to talk to someone...
Old 06-27-2008, 12:53 PM   #180
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

At the same time, however, T_I_S, you're going to have to use your credit at least a little every now and then to lift up your credit score to buy things like house, cars, etc.

Btw, have you guys heard of this chip that people place on ATM machines to grab your pin number?
Afterwards, the identity thief (lol) takes that chip and finds a way to hack into your card and jack your money...
*shivers* Geniuses nowadays...
Old 06-27-2008, 04:53 PM   #181
Level 8 - Vociferous

Thanks for the support guys. I appreciate it. I understand the situation I am in and What I have to do to accomplish things like credit scores etc but like you guys have said..it sucks..Money isnt the issue. Its just a peice of paper..its the trust issue that rips me apart. Once again guys, thanks for giving me pointers during this unfortunate event that I am experiencing...

But,

I dont give a fuck!! Im going to the beach tomorrow and Im gonna look at ALLL THE BITCHES!! haha Maybe even talk to one if Im emotionally stable haha This will all be a distant memory...until I return home.. :(

Cheers everyone.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:54 PM   #182
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxs View Post
Btw, have you guys heard of this chip that people place on ATM machines to grab your pin number?
Afterwards, the identity thief (lol) takes that chip and finds a way to hack into your card and jack your money...
*shivers* Geniuses nowadays...
Thanks for the heads up DXS. Yes, it is a shame the shit people do these days...
Old 06-27-2008, 06:01 PM   #183
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneeye View Post
Could you tell just by looking at him that he's done Acid?
YES!
Old 06-27-2008, 07:06 PM   #184
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

It seems that people are suggesting to use credit and cash rather than debit nowadays because of that reason.
Since credit requires a signature and an ID, and cash is just cash, they’re safer to use than your average debit card.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:12 PM   #185
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 1

Not to mention that its damn near impossible to get away with identity/credit card theft.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:19 AM   #186
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
I wouldn't recommend going cash only just for the fact that putting money into at least a savings account will bear at least some interest. Not to mention the fact that cash can't be used on all purchases.

As far as getting rid of credit/debit cards go, though, that's cool. Both are a bit of a temptation to spend and a potential security vulnerability.
Blah, it's all a part of the matrix.....damn the system!
Old 07-01-2008, 10:20 AM   #187
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdLogic View Post
Haha
Old 07-08-2008, 05:49 AM   #188

Bincount™: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_noose View Post
Not to mention that its damn near impossible to get away with identity/credit card theft.
i think it's hilarious that that debt solutions guy, or whatever it's called, got his identity stolen... you know the guy who says "my real social security number is 123-45-6789... that jackass got ripped off... and that's hilarious...
Old 07-08-2008, 09:31 AM   #189
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake_bergeron View Post
i think it's hilarious that that debt solutions guy, or whatever it's called, got his identity stolen... you know the guy who says "my real social security number is 123-45-6789... that jackass got ripped off... and that's hilarious...
Never heard of it
Old 07-08-2008, 10:01 AM   #190
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

I guess it's not very lucky to have a SSN that goes through every digit in ascending order. ^^
Old 07-09-2008, 10:44 AM   #191
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
I guess it's not very lucky to have a SSN that goes through every digit in ascending order. ^^
I guess not
Old 07-09-2008, 10:56 AM   #192

Quote:
all right smart guy... that's obviously not his ssn but i don't remember what he said it was... the point being that this asshole thought his company was top shit and he ended getting personally ripped off through a company who "you will never get your identity stolen" through... is all i was saying... i thought it was funny...
Old 07-09-2008, 12:44 PM   #193
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
all right smart guy... that's obviously not his ssn but i don't remember what he said it was... the point being that this asshole thought his company was top shit and he ended getting personally ripped off through a company who "you will never get your identity stolen" through... is all i was saying... i thought it was funny...
I think he knew that smart guy....too smart for your own good otherwise you would've sensed the sarcasm.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:57 AM   #194
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
I REPEAT

DXS HAS A TWAT
I'm guessing you've licked it
Old 07-10-2008, 05:14 AM   #195

Quote:
I think he knew that smart guy....too smart for your own good otherwise you would've sensed the sarcasm.
who are you to say what my own good is??? smart guy...
Old 07-10-2008, 05:53 AM   #196
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
I REPEAT

DXS HAS A TWAT
Shut your face D:<
Old 07-10-2008, 05:55 AM   #197
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
I did, I was just making a point. ^^
Old 07-10-2008, 05:56 AM   #198
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
I'm guessing you've licked it
Old 07-10-2008, 06:10 AM   #199
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
who are you to say what my own good is??? smart guy...
I'm the inner eulogy and that gives me a false sense of security which entitles me to know better than you do....good enough?
Old 07-10-2008, 06:11 AM   #200
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
*GASP*....so it's true? Say it isn't so

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: