opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 03. H.
User Name
Password
Old 06-11-2008, 02:49 PM   #121
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 1
Re: Do you think he ever got away . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivek View Post
The funniest thing about it is the fact that the friend of ours who did it is still in school -- I guess they didn't tell him not to line in guitars. It all started when he lined in the bass, which was okay, but he had no idea how to manage feedback on our amps. Looking back, I wish I'd have just told him to F-off and moved my amp around, but meh.

Seriously, Kevlar sounds a lot better live. XD. We have a show coming up next week at a venue that does (admittedly decent) live recordings of every band that plays there, I may see if I have the cash to snag a copy so I can post links to the band at its best.

The vocals will definitely still suck.
Well, you can Line In clean guitars and clean bass... but when you add distortion... it sounds like shit. I don't really know why but it just does. Good luck with your next show.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:02 PM   #122
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_noose View Post
Yeah... The drums were way off... Me and the bassist have been playing together for several years... so we were pretty tight... but the drummer didn't have his own kit, so rarely practiced. Not to mention that we didn't play together as much as we should have.

And don't get me started on the bassist. He was the most talented bassist I've ever met... but had a complete lack of motivation when it comes to persisting with music. How depressing.
:O
That IS depressing. I'm guessing he didn't really go on with music?

Oh, what do you play?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 03:16 PM   #123
Level 8 - Vociferous

He's working at a Valet right now and going to school to become an engineer for amps and pedals... But I don't think he'll see it through (he's that kind of guy). Oh also he's about to get married to a girl he's been with for 2 years. He's one of those people who 'falls in love' with any girl that gives him the time of day. Disgusting.

I play guitar on those tracks, and composed all of them with the bassist. I can also play bass, drums, congas, keys, sing, ect ect. What do you play?
Old 06-11-2008, 03:17 PM   #124
Level 8 - Vociferous

That recording of "song 2" bugs the shit out of me becuase we kept falling off time becuase of the drummer. Damnitall. I'm gonna clone Danny Carey.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:30 PM   #125
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
That recording of "song 2" bugs the shit out of me becuase we kept falling off time becuase of the drummer. Damnitall. I'm gonna clone Danny Carey.
Well, to clone him, you have to get someone to bear the Danny Carey child for you. And then you have to get some Danny Carey DNA, and you have to make sure it's got the drum talent in the right gene or you've just went through all the torment to make a Danny Carey that can't play drums worth of shit.

Quote:
He's working at a Valet right now and going to school to become an engineer for amps and pedals... But I don't think he'll see it through (he's that kind of guy). Oh also he's about to get married to a girl he's been with for 2 years. He's one of those people who 'falls in love' with any girl that gives him the time of day. Disgusting.

I play guitar on those tracks, and composed all of them with the bassist. I can also play bass, drums, congas, keys, sing, ect ect. What do you play?
;) The bassist sounds like a lot of my friends.

I mix synths, samplers, tracks, shit. I play guitar and keyboards as well, as well as the bass.

:D I've got my high school clarinet knowledged tucked down there somewhere (don't think I'll ever need it).
However, I've got terrible, and I mean, terrible coordination with the drums, so I've steered clear of them for a while, now.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:09 PM   #126
Level 8 - Vociferous

I seem to have a very natural talent and ear (probably DC's fault) for drums. I've never owned my own kit, I would just mess around when the drummer of whatever band I was in would take a break. I can play a few pretty complicated beats. I can play the main beat for Sober (which was a lot harder to learn than it sounds), Schism, Eulogy (the beat where he's singing "Someone above the crowd, he had a voice...) ...I can also play the Noose from APC as well as most of judith. And this is all dabbling. I need a goddamn kit. lol
Old 06-15-2008, 01:47 PM   #127
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

There's some cheap ones out there you can tinker with until you get better at it.
It's a waste to not exercise a talent when something so feeble as the lack of materials gets in the way.

Buy one first chance you get if you feel that you're naturally good.

It was the same with the bass for me.
Frankly, I wasn't a natural at guitar, though with practice, anyone would get good, so I improved.
With the bass, that was much different.
I started to experiment with that after a while, and I got immensely good in the course of two weeks (I've been playing bass for three months). Haha, I don't even own a bass, either. I tinkered on other people's bass guitars, and I'd jam on the school one.
Funnier yet, my hands were tiny. People could crush it just by shaking hands with me. And of course, guitar chords hurt like fuck at first.

Bass, on the other hand (no pun intended), seemed extremely comfortable in comparison---I'm guessing, because of the thinner fretboard.
:) I need to get myself a bass.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:43 PM   #128
Level 8 - Vociferous

I just checked out your music myspace. I'm impressed. I liked the music, but I especially enjoyed the last track. Request sent :)
Old 06-16-2008, 05:59 AM   #129

Bincount™: 58

are you guys still talking about the same thing after 24 days??? wow!!! that's commitment...
Old 06-16-2008, 07:04 AM   #130
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
I just checked out your music myspace. I'm impressed. I liked the music, but I especially enjoyed the last track. Request sent :)
Thanks muchly. :) We appreciate the support.
Rivek, too, for adding, if I haven't already thanked him.

The last track was the only one I wrote.
My bandmate technically monopolized the playlist, and I decided to add at least one song that I had written---Fates Pt. 1.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:19 PM   #131
Level 8 - Vociferous

It was by far the best though.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:31 PM   #132
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Status report on the Kevlar stuff:

I'm starting to coax Morgan (guitar/vocal monstrosity) into playing more rhythm by jamming more solos in places where they don't exist, but would sound cool in the songs we have.
;]
Did you coax him to stop singing?
Old 06-18-2008, 06:44 PM   #133
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
quoted for troof
troofey?

Quote:
It was by far the best though.
Haha, thank you.

My bandmate has issues with sampler/synths/the like, which is probably why you think that. More often than not, she made riffs, sent them to me, and then I took off the horrid synths she used and replaced them with my own. Then we'd send them back and forth and edit from there.

She knew nothing of the mixing process or the compressors, so I was responsible for that, too. Another reason why Fates's drums are easy on the ears, while Neonic's synth crash sounds a lot like torture (I told her that, but she said everyone else didn't mind it...:/)

Aside from that, though, she makes fairly good music, as well.
Strangely enough, all the songs on the mutespace are our individual projects, as I've probably already mentioned.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:46 AM   #134

Bincount™: 58

hey rivek... assuming that bincount and posts are seperate, you have a total of over 5000 entries... in the amount of time you've been a member, that's almost 20 posts a day... wow!!!(and that's not a compliment)
Old 06-19-2008, 04:23 PM   #135
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 10

Yeah Rivek has No life..He will say that he doesnt do anything at his job so he sits on TDN all damn day and doesnt accomplish anything productive besides his bincount and post rate plus he talks to sexy women on his myspace which I think is totally fuckin awesome by the way. I look up to Rivek..Damn that guy is one...cool...Cat...

He will leave a harsh comment for this post because he is cool and awesome in the same sentence.

WHATS UP RIVEK!! TAKE A DAMN JOKE!!!

*facepalm*

"please leave your name after the tone" *Beep*
Old 06-20-2008, 02:36 PM   #136
On Probation

Bincount™: 189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool_Is_Sick View Post
Yeah Rivek has No life..He will say that he doesnt do anything at his job so he sits on TDN all damn day and doesnt accomplish anything productive besides his bincount and post rate plus he talks to sexy women on his myspace which I think is totally fuckin awesome by the way. I look up to Rivek..Damn that guy is one...cool...Cat...

He will leave a harsh comment for this post because he is cool and awesome in the same sentence.

WHATS UP RIVEK!! TAKE A DAMN JOKE!!!

*facepalm*

"please leave your name after the tone" *Beep*
Oh god i hate these things. Uhhh.....

"Hi uh, this is Peter Griffin, and I was um, calling about this volcano insurance thingy...."
Old 06-20-2008, 02:57 PM   #137
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Of_Nothing View Post
Oh god i hate these things. Uhhh.....

"Hi uh, this is Peter Griffin, and I was um, calling about this volcano insurance thingy...."

ha Im not here right now. Im playing a serious game of monopoly..if your about to die...I am truly sorry.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:41 PM   #138
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Nah. He's been singing more and exercising the voice box a bit, so he doesn't suck as bad as he used to. maybe he'll actually be pretty good eventually, who knows. Brandon Boyd started singing on a complete whim, and he's pretty boss.
Brandon Boyd is pretty good, himself, I have to admit. Not the best guy out there, but his singing is pretty good.

Most people do start off on a whim, singing. Singing is oftentimes categorized differently than playing an instrument---it's technically the only instrument you don't have to buy (most of the time).

Then, the only ordeal is mastering that instrument.

Oh, and about that side project, have you guys manifested it, yet---as in, naming it and gotten work done on it? Hearing some stuff would be pretty sweet.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:09 PM   #139
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Seriously dude. 20 posts a day is not really all that hard to do. Try it sometime.
Agreed Rivek its not hard to accomplish but to do it every single day over and over for a long, long, long period of time...i'd would get tired of hitting the submit button. To each his own...

If you can get a post rate of 22+...I'll buy you ice cream for lunch everyday until Tool starts to tour again. ;) Do you like chocolate eclairs??
Old 06-22-2008, 08:56 AM   #140
Level 8 - Vociferous

LOL!!! Rivek shut the hell up. If a user has a post rate of 12+ im sorry your a loser. I dont care if you say "Oh well i have a band blah blah and I know how to play bass blah blah and this is a place for me to release my stress blah blah" People like me have a career to focus on. 50+ hours a week busting your fuckin ass..the last thing we wanna worry about it making our name heard of this website. Ever do any house chores for you parents, rip out an old shitty carpet to install a fresh new one for a relative of yours that is unable to do such a task or side work to make extra money with any type of skill you might have?? Once you start maturing like a MAN should...your post count wouldnt be a ridiculous amount of 3,000+ (Actually 5,000+) in 10 months.

Also, Why is that you constantly use the words "You people" while replying to comments by other users such as myself. Stop acting like your better than everyone and a fuckin know-it-all all of the damn time. Its really annoying.

Rivek...
Rivek...
Rivek...
Rivek...

I can keep going if you'd like.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:41 AM   #141
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool_Is_Sick View Post
LOL!!! Rivek shut the hell up. If a user has a post rate of 12+ im sorry your a loser. I dont care if you say "Oh well i have a band blah blah and I know how to play bass blah blah and this is a place for me to release my stress blah blah" People like me have a career to focus on. 50+ hours a week busting your fuckin ass..the last thing we wanna worry about it making our name heard of this website. Ever do any house chores for you parents, rip out an old shitty carpet to install a fresh new one for a relative of yours that is unable to do such a task or side work to make extra money with any type of skill you might have?? Once you start maturing like a MAN should...your post count wouldnt be a ridiculous amount of 3,000+ (Actually 5,000+) in 10 months.

Also, Why is that you constantly use the words "You people" while replying to comments by other users such as myself. Stop acting like your better than everyone and a fuckin know-it-all all of the damn time. Its really annoying.

Rivek...
Rivek...
Rivek...
Rivek...

I can keep going if you'd like.
WOW, impressive....
Old 06-22-2008, 07:08 PM   #142
Level 8 - Vociferous

Rivek. Your truly a sad story.

Quote:
Besides which, why would I do chores for people I don't live with?
You obviously dont give a shit about anybody but yourself. Its sad actually. You should offer to do chores for your family even if they are thirty minutes away. Show some fuckin respect for your elders.

Your soooooooo trying to be like "mope" its fuckin hilarious. Keep tooting your own horn.

I'll just stop here because your Mr. Fuckin Know-it-all. 5,000 posts in 10 months. LOL LOL LOL!!!

Last edited by Tool_Is_Sick; 06-22-2008 at 07:33 PM..
Old 06-22-2008, 07:12 PM   #143
On Probation

Bincount™: 189

Oooh ooh what about me?

Wait a moment while i throw on my best suit. I wanna get flamed in style.

Rivek, the fact that you even bothered to reply to these guys insulting you makes you seem like YOU have nothing to say. You could just throw in a random thought on the subject instead and make yourself seem above it all?
Old 06-22-2008, 07:37 PM   #144
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Oooh ooh what about me?

Rivek, the fact that you even bothered to reply to these guys insulting you makes you seem like YOU have nothing to say. You could just throw in a random thought on the subject instead and make yourself seem above it all?
He doesnt comprehend that. He wants to be the best in all situations. His head is fuckin huge.

"LOOK AT ME! IM RIVEK! BOW DOWN TO ME BITCHES!"

Do you look at yourself in the mirror and wink?
Old 06-23-2008, 05:25 AM   #145
Jedi Master

Quote:
I seem to remember you being a huge proponent of that "band" that you untalented morons wanted to start her.
And who invited those untalented morons again?
Old 06-23-2008, 05:31 AM   #146
Jedi Master

Quote:
I am better than you and I do know a hell of a lot more than you.
Here's some ego problem, mr. know-it-all.

Go find a cure for cancer, instead of wasting your valuable time on boards like this.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:58 AM   #147
Level 8 - Vociferous

Watch out Rolo!! He might tell you how it is and make you look stupid in front of everyone.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:13 PM   #148
Jedi Master

Nah, Einstein's too busy playing videogames and playing bass.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:44 PM   #149
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26

Quote:
Oooh ooh what about me?

You prove a good point. The first word I think of when I think of Rivek is egotistical, the last one would be humble.

90% percent of his posts are him stroking his own ego, talking about how much smarter he is than everyone else. He literally says it like that, "I'm smarter than you." It's like listening to a child who has more vocabulary at his disposal. IAMTHEMA and Rivek are about the two must shut-off people I've seen on this site. That's one thing they definitely have in common. I'm not even trying to bust on the guy, but he does it ALL the time. You get it all with Rivek, condescending tones, patronization, sanctimoniousness, pious behavior, and megalo-mania all wrapped into one package. You can't help but pity a guy who takes every school yard tongue-and-cheek joke so personally and always has to write lengthy rebuttals to petty put-downs to prove he's 'smarter' than you.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:51 PM   #150
Level 8 - Vociferous

Agreed 100% CheeseGrater.

Everyone put on your camo so Rivek cant find us to deliver his egotistical messages.

*Slowly and Quitely grabs the camo suit**
Old 06-24-2008, 12:27 PM   #151
Jedi Master

Last edited by Rolo; 06-24-2008 at 12:43 PM..
Old 06-24-2008, 02:18 PM   #152
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Also, I find it hilarious that T_I_S is trying to slam on me now when a quick perusal of my PM box shows that he was trying to basically suck my e-cock the whole time he was probed. "hey bro!" "sup bro!" "you're awesome dude!" "Cool avatar man!" "plz help me get unprobed bro!"... so on, so forth.

T_I_S is a fake who shifts with the tide. I stick to my guns. Gee, I wonder which one is more like being a "real man" as he says... to continue doing as one has done even in the face of adversity, or to turn tail? Gee... I wonder...

:P

Your E-cock? lol shut up. Your a fuckin dumbass. At the time I was sending them messages, I admit I was, but that was when you were actually cool to have a conversation with. Now, its totally one sided and your Mr. Know-It-All with every single topic that comes forward. Im not the ONLY one that has noticed this gay change in attitude.

So stick to the fuckin bin..its where you fuckin belong. Go talk to MOPE or someone or something that actually likes your attitude 24/7.

Its also hilarious that you would even say OVER THE INTERNET that someone is fake? People have opinions and have different arguements than "RIVEK THE GOD" does. Seriously grow up little boy.

I dont stick my tongue out to guys over the internet so dont expect me to Rivek.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:01 PM   #153
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26

Rivek, I have to admit that I've witnessed this change in your attitude. I think just about everyone has seen your posts evolve into more ego-centric philosophy over time. I used to enjoy what you had to say as well, but every goddamn time someone has a conversation with you it turns into the same tired discussion you always bring up. "I'm better than you. I have more capability to formulate abstract thought than you. I have evolved and changed and understand things your pea sized brain cannot comprehend. You've devolved and are a waste of genetic material."

Considering how much you bring up how others are evolutionarily behind you, you should try to make a race of people that see things exactly like you. You should pick who gets to reproduce and exterminate those who don't see things like you do. Oh wait, someone already did that.

Riv, my point is this. I'm all about intelligent conversation, but when you always force people to go on the defensive, trying to convince you they are not a waste.. well, it closes a lot of doors for conversation. Any time someone disagrees with you, you automatically talk about how they are 'inferior' because they don't agree with you. You're a smart guy, we know this. The sad thing is that if I met you in real life, you'd probably be a pretty cool guy to hang out with, play some games and have a beer, but on here all you do is bash bash bash all fucking day long for kicks. Goddamn, just try being a little more approachable sometimes, then maybe people would like to have intelligent conversations with you.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:35 PM   #154
Level 8 - Vociferous

Silly monkeys..
Old 06-24-2008, 09:54 PM   #155
Jedi Master

Quote:
As to Rolo... I'm posting in Interact again on the off chance I might be able to get intelligent conversation, the likes of which has been missing here for so long.
Starting a thread called "Helicopter on a giant turntable" is a real intelligent topic, no doubt...
Old 06-24-2008, 09:56 PM   #156
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post
Starting a thread called "Helicopter on a giant turntable" is a real intelligent topic, no doubt...
That actually sounds pretty sweet.

LINK ME, ROLO!

To be honest, Interact slows my computer down some.
That's why i refrain from entering the interact sections with the black and gray backgrounds.
It seems to spazz out my machine.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:57 PM   #157
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Funny thing is that I haven't changed my attitude a single bit. You fuckers just got a lot dumber. Go look at the things I said to or about Styx, or PATD. It's the same shit I'm giving you people, because you've devolved somehow to that level.

And I'm not leaving. So enjoy my stay. ;)

As to Rolo... I'm posting in Interact again on the off chance I might be able to get intelligent conversation, the likes of which has been missing here for so long.
:/ I haven't read this thread since the battle.
I have to read it over...
Old 06-25-2008, 08:04 AM   #158
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 0

I think the whole thing is sad...

Just a couple of pennies or ten:

1. Everything on the Internet "matters" just as much as anything on this rock. It's all a matter of perspective and opinion.

2. This IS real life. Do you mean that you conduct yourself in a decent manner in-person?

3. I hope we all like to have fun more often than not.

4. Getting your entertainment at the expense of others doesn't really jive with going through life as a decent person. If you show up to work everyday on time, say please and thank you, and shoot homeless people with paintballs at night for the sake of entertainment, you're not a decent person.

Now before you start attacking me in defense, just think about these things. I'm not attacking you as I enjoy most of your banter. I'm just pointing out some issues I found interesting with your post.

Which brings us to the rest of you. If Rivek was alone in his "attacks", then you would be just. When you throw the same petty stuff back to him, you become one and the same. Calling someone a childish name for calling you a childish name, makes you both childish name-callers. This also "fuels the fire" as my man Rivek puts it so in essence, you are doing exactly as he wishes. If that is your intention, then so be it, I rather enjoy it sometimes. If not, then wake up.

We are all the same energy and the same chunk of matter. No one is really smarter because we're all just different sections of the same intellect.

The finger is calling the rectum stupid when one simply needs to be shoved deep inside the other.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:19 AM   #159
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
The side project will probably be going up and will be worked on when the drummer and I leave Kevlar after our show in August... to be honest leaving that band seems like a better creative move every single day.
More like a logical move.

How many bands have you been in during the course of your musical "career"?
Old 06-25-2008, 08:37 AM   #160
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Silly monkeys..
I couldn't agree more.

I find it ironically stupid that, though everyone's taking their shots at Rivek and blaming him for his egotistical hoo-ha, blake_bergeron started to provoke him and all the rest of you just lined up to throw tomatoes at him because you couldn't do it yourselves.

In all true honesty, I personally don't think it matters how many posts one has on their bincount. And 20 posts a day isn't that hard to do. Honestly. That doesn't mean you don't have a life.

Sure, A HUGE bincount number says a lot about the person's posts, but that comment was completely random, and completely uncalled for.

And even more depressing is the fact that almost all the people in this thread are all trying to find some blame in the damn man when he never really provoked you to begin with, as he oftentimes does in other fine areas of this forum.

If I were to jump to conclusions, I'd be thinking that you're all too afraid to approach him one-on-one to yell at him over useless nonsense.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: