opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Undertow » 03. Sober
User Name
Password
Old 11-28-2006, 03:42 PM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 145
- - - - - - - - -

You know, there was a thought on what the song meant here at one time. Sleep deprivation and insomnia can make you do strange things you don't normally do. In my case, it helps a few things, fucks up others. It made me post this thread.

I really sound like a pompous little asshole when I say this, but I'd like to think of myself as a Tool fan whose focus is, well, a little different. I really hate posting my thoughts on what each song means and I hate dissecting the lyrics to prove my point. I will tend to make a short post to add to the conversation on what a member here thinks a song means or post some knowledge concerning a subject, but you will never see me post another thread about what I think a song means. Ever. Again. Period. I love the music and I sometimes wonder if becoming another voyeur, another critic, or another philosopher will degradate my admiration.

Plus, it's not like anyone would agree with my thoughts anyway.

Delete what remains of this thread (Brightwell, Dan, that's you if you've just stumbled upon this). I'll be stiil here to give a few thoughts, if you care (which you probably won't and never will) but never to post a whole thread on my views ever again.

After all, I am just an imbecile.

Last edited by opiated; 11-29-2006 at 03:21 PM.. Reason: Can't delete it, so, this is the next best thing.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:29 AM   #2
Level 9 3/4 - British

Bincount™: 15082
Re: Depression . . .

This confuses me. you didn't actually say what you were going to say about the song. ah well.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:34 AM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 5

This is a fantastic song and, in my opinion, very much underrated. Disappointed that it wasn't included in this year's playlist but that was the only thing that disappointed my. I got over it fairly quickly!!
Old 12-04-2006, 08:46 AM   #4
Level 9 3/4 - British

Bincount™: 15082

I heard it at the summer gigs but not this time around, I think it's one of their best live songs to be honest, so simple and powerful. hopefully it'll be back next summer.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:23 PM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktdude View Post
This confuses me. you didn't actually say what you were going to say about the song. ah well.
I did, but I deleted it. I would post what I wrote from Wordpad, but I hate going back on my word.

Ah, I'll be a hypocritical bastard. Give me a bit to sift through the shit on my comp and I might post it.

I've really had a shitty year. Knowing me, I was probably more than a little drunk when I made the edit and the original thought. (Hence, a long edit if I repost.)
Old 01-03-2007, 04:39 PM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 96

for me tool and drink go hand in hand alot of the time, at a party it gets bood off for being to depressing but nah, theres sumthing so strong and empowering by embracing the bad as well as the good. this song reminds me of my regrets , which are very often sparked off by alcohol takin away my conscionce momentatily. lush huh

Don't get big ideas, they are not going to happen.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: