Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
mithäuo
04-26-2006, 12:05 AM

As everyone is speculating their asses off around all Tool forums, I thought I'd suggest something to look forward to apart from 5/2, 6/6 and so on.

As far as I know, the relationship between Tool and their label are (or at least were) somewhat sour, so could it be possible that Tool is (just) filling their obligations with 10000 days as the last album in the contract? I am not saying it is a bad album, but it is in my opinion a reaaally strange one, definitely a new direction, and a totally unexpected one. In that case we could expect a new album sometime in the near or not so near future. Buuuuuuut ... we could be surprised when Tool takes the stage in a week or so!!

My 23 cents.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:05 AM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Just a thought -- new songs live?

As everyone is speculating their asses off around all Tool forums, I thought I'd suggest something to look forward to apart from 5/2, 6/6 and so on.

As far as I know, the relationship between Tool and their label are (or at least were) somewhat sour, so could it be possible that Tool is (just) filling their obligations with 10000 days as the last album in the contract? I am not saying it is a bad album, but it is in my opinion a reaaally strange one, definitely a new direction, and a totally unexpected one. In that case we could expect a new album sometime in the near or not so near future. Buuuuuuut ... we could be surprised when Tool takes the stage in a week or so!!

My 23 cents.
OFFLINE |  
praefector's Avatar praefector
04-26-2006, 12:09 AM

6/6/06 is the date that tool will break up

and im really looking forward to hearing/hoping to hear 10,000 days, right in two, and the pot live.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:09 AM   #2
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 1020
Re: Just a thought -- new songs live?

6/6/06 is the date that tool will break up

and im really looking forward to hearing/hoping to hear 10,000 days, right in two, and the pot live.
Perseensilmä's Avatar Perseensilmä
04-26-2006, 12:44 AM

Indeed, indeed.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:44 AM   #3
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 3773

Indeed, indeed.
04-26-2006, 12:47 AM

Well, shit the bed. I don't know what to say. I hope they do not break up. It is time they get more freedom from the ir record label and I hope something amazing happens on 6/6/06. We will see. My speculation is that only good things will follow the release.

-Bill Hicks
Old 04-26-2006, 12:47 AM   #4
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 17

Well, shit the bed. I don't know what to say. I hope they do not break up. It is time they get more freedom from the ir record label and I hope something amazing happens on 6/6/06. We will see. My speculation is that only good things will follow the release.

-Bill Hicks
OFFLINE |  
GreenSmurf's Avatar GreenSmurf
04-26-2006, 12:53 AM

Just wanted to add that maybe this is why it has taken so long for the album to be realeased, maybe they made two in the process. Perhaps, they just had that much inspiration. They all wanted to make their "Wall" album. Think about it. They even said themselves at one point this next disc may very well be a double disc. Just wanted to throw that into the mix of thoughts.

Note: I am NOT saying "10000 Days" is a decoy.

-Bill Hicks
Old 04-26-2006, 12:53 AM   #5

Bincount™: 17

Just wanted to add that maybe this is why it has taken so long for the album to be realeased, maybe they made two in the process. Perhaps, they just had that much inspiration. They all wanted to make their "Wall" album. Think about it. They even said themselves at one point this next disc may very well be a double disc. Just wanted to throw that into the mix of thoughts.

Note: I am NOT saying "10000 Days" is a decoy.

-Bill Hicks
OFFLINE |  
placidium's Avatar placidium
04-26-2006, 03:05 AM

i want to see wings and rosetta live, that would be some pretty awesome stuff.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:05 AM   #6
Banned.

Bincount™: 1805

OFFLINE |  
svet-am
04-26-2006, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by placidium
i think that wings (both parts) would be awesome to see live, but i'd totally understand if maynard or any of the other fellas don't feel comfortable performing it live. i've just got a feeling that it's a song they recorded to get their own feelings purged but that they may not want to relive it over and over again on a tour.

so far as the remaining songs, i'm really stoked to hear rosetta live and more and more i think that the pot could be good live (with maynard using a bit more masculine intro in concert). however, i think that right in two is the one that i'm the most excited about seeing live. i can see it occupying the spot that lateralus did on the last tour.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:52 PM   #7
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by placidium
i think that wings (both parts) would be awesome to see live, but i'd totally understand if maynard or any of the other fellas don't feel comfortable performing it live. i've just got a feeling that it's a song they recorded to get their own feelings purged but that they may not want to relive it over and over again on a tour.

so far as the remaining songs, i'm really stoked to hear rosetta live and more and more i think that the pot could be good live (with maynard using a bit more masculine intro in concert). however, i think that right in two is the one that i'm the most excited about seeing live. i can see it occupying the spot that lateralus did on the last tour.
04-26-2006, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svet-am
however, i think that right in two is the one that i'm the most excited about seeing live. i can see it occupying the spot that lateralus did on the last tour.
I seriously hope not
Old 04-26-2006, 03:55 PM   #8
Banned.

Bincount™: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by svet-am
however, i think that right in two is the one that i'm the most excited about seeing live. i can see it occupying the spot that lateralus did on the last tour.
I seriously hope not
OFFLINE |  
fortysix_and_tool's Avatar fortysix_and_tool
04-26-2006, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike09
I seriously hope not
I second that.

I love to see Rn2 live, but dont bump Lateralus.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:04 PM   #9

Bincount™: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike09
I seriously hope not
I second that.

I love to see Rn2 live, but dont bump Lateralus.
OFFLINE |  
hbynoe's Avatar hbynoe
04-26-2006, 04:04 PM

this is how rumours get started lord.
enjoy what you are given if you want to
if not then dont
Old 04-26-2006, 04:04 PM   #10
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 801

this is how rumours get started lord.
enjoy what you are given if you want to
if not then dont
04-26-2006, 04:07 PM

or maybe.... tool will come out with their line of breakfast cereals, and included in one out of every 10,000 boxes (as a nod to 10,000 days, get it!) will have a cd with one new song on it!
we can collect them all!

this board needs a similie that rolls its eyes.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:07 PM   #11
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

or maybe.... tool will come out with their line of breakfast cereals, and included in one out of every 10,000 boxes (as a nod to 10,000 days, get it!) will have a cd with one new song on it!
we can collect them all!

this board needs a similie that rolls its eyes.
OFFLINE |  
LordRedSnake
04-26-2006, 04:11 PM

The newsletter said a while ago that it was going to be only one cd, and the only thing that got cut from this album was a segue.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:11 PM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

The newsletter said a while ago that it was going to be only one cd, and the only thing that got cut from this album was a segue.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply