Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
TheJake
04-24-2006, 06:20 PM

Okay I have been reading this board everyday to try to see where this whole hoax idea was going. I still have yet to hear the whole CD (besides Vicarious, Jambi and The Pot) so I can't really tell what is what. Some people on the board are making some valid points that kind of make me think that something maybe off. I must say that out of the three songs I heard, Vicarious destroys them all. It seems a lot more confident, a lot more full and a lot more energetic. Jambi and The Pot are good, but seem rather stale.

Anyways, I was doing some thinking and it hit me. Most leaks are caused by promotional copies getting into the wrong hands. I know this, because I am a music critic and have received a shit load of promos to review. My question is, if the promo has been "out" for around 2 weeks where are the official reviews? I have not seen one official review of the album from any website or any mag. Tool is a very popular band and this is a very anticipated release. If the promo is circulating to get reviewed it is going to get reviewed. It seems very odd reading posts saying that "the record label is being cautious", "record stores won't recieve the CD until the day of", etc., etc. This seems like a lot of extra precaution for an album that is already leaked. The fact that this much precaution is being taken pending the release and the fact that the CD has not been officially reviewed when promos are out leads me to believe something may be up.

In 2003 one of the most anticipated releases was Metallica's St. Anger. Like Tool, it was an extremely popular band's first album is a long, long, time. It seemed like there was a lot of precautions dealing with the release of St. Anger. When it leaked they pushed the release date forward. When this leaked they are being even more cautious with it. Something doesn't seem right. I dunno I will wait and be suprised with something either way on May 2nd. This was just my take on the situation.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:20 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Yes, you guessed it...another theory.

Okay I have been reading this board everyday to try to see where this whole hoax idea was going. I still have yet to hear the whole CD (besides Vicarious, Jambi and The Pot) so I can't really tell what is what. Some people on the board are making some valid points that kind of make me think that something maybe off. I must say that out of the three songs I heard, Vicarious destroys them all. It seems a lot more confident, a lot more full and a lot more energetic. Jambi and The Pot are good, but seem rather stale.

Anyways, I was doing some thinking and it hit me. Most leaks are caused by promotional copies getting into the wrong hands. I know this, because I am a music critic and have received a shit load of promos to review. My question is, if the promo has been "out" for around 2 weeks where are the official reviews? I have not seen one official review of the album from any website or any mag. Tool is a very popular band and this is a very anticipated release. If the promo is circulating to get reviewed it is going to get reviewed. It seems very odd reading posts saying that "the record label is being cautious", "record stores won't recieve the CD until the day of", etc., etc. This seems like a lot of extra precaution for an album that is already leaked. The fact that this much precaution is being taken pending the release and the fact that the CD has not been officially reviewed when promos are out leads me to believe something may be up.

In 2003 one of the most anticipated releases was Metallica's St. Anger. Like Tool, it was an extremely popular band's first album is a long, long, time. It seemed like there was a lot of precautions dealing with the release of St. Anger. When it leaked they pushed the release date forward. When this leaked they are being even more cautious with it. Something doesn't seem right. I dunno I will wait and be suprised with something either way on May 2nd. This was just my take on the situation.
OFFLINE |  
interior_decor
04-24-2006, 06:24 PM

The leak is likely from the band themselves, duh. Hence the lack of media response. The only people hearing this are pirates on the internet.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:24 PM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Re: Yes, you guessed it...another theory.

The leak is likely from the band themselves, duh. Hence the lack of media response. The only people hearing this are pirates on the internet.
OFFLINE |  
JE Mack's Avatar JE Mack
04-24-2006, 06:32 PM

I heard a radio station talked about the leaked CD, saying it was good n whatnot. but he's just some guy on the radio -- I guess that doesn't count as media (being serious, not being sarcastic).
Old 04-24-2006, 06:32 PM   #3
Banned.

Bincount™: 3972

I heard a radio station talked about the leaked CD, saying it was good n whatnot. but he's just some guy on the radio -- I guess that doesn't count as media (being serious, not being sarcastic).
OFFLINE |  
intoaneye's Avatar intoaneye
04-24-2006, 06:34 PM

there is a review on amazon
Old 04-24-2006, 06:34 PM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 50

there is a review on amazon

That was the point I was trying to make. duh lol. The lack of media response is saying that it wasn't a promo that leaked which means it was most likely something else, from someone else. I should have made that more clear.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:34 PM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

That was the point I was trying to make. duh lol. The lack of media response is saying that it wasn't a promo that leaked which means it was most likely something else, from someone else. I should have made that more clear.
OFFLINE |  
adigra

I agree. I'ts all rather interesting about the lack of any official news, reviews, comments, or any such thing from any proper sources. Also the fact that some radio stations are apparently playing multiple tracks other than Vicarious is very odd to me.

Either way though, I have decided as of two days ago not to listen to the leaked version again until I have the real thing in my hands. If the album as it stands is the real thing then I'd rather listen to it in it's intended quality before I make any more judgements, and if it indeed is somekinda hoax, b-sides, whatever, then I will be just that much happier to have so much more music.

To be honest I am very sad that I gave in and got the leaked version. I had every intention of waiting but then a friend gave it to me and the curiosity and impatience got the better of me. I justified it by the fact that there was no possible way for me not to buy the album on the release day, but now I see that I really should've been stronger and just avoided any of this drama.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:34 PM   #6
Level 2 - Poster

I agree. I'ts all rather interesting about the lack of any official news, reviews, comments, or any such thing from any proper sources. Also the fact that some radio stations are apparently playing multiple tracks other than Vicarious is very odd to me.

Either way though, I have decided as of two days ago not to listen to the leaked version again until I have the real thing in my hands. If the album as it stands is the real thing then I'd rather listen to it in it's intended quality before I make any more judgements, and if it indeed is somekinda hoax, b-sides, whatever, then I will be just that much happier to have so much more music.

To be honest I am very sad that I gave in and got the leaked version. I had every intention of waiting but then a friend gave it to me and the curiosity and impatience got the better of me. I justified it by the fact that there was no possible way for me not to buy the album on the release day, but now I see that I really should've been stronger and just avoided any of this drama.
OFFLINE |  
themayanlion
04-24-2006, 06:38 PM

haha don't be a sissy.

maynard is not going to beat you up for listening to the leak. i bet you could take him.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:38 PM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

haha don't be a sissy.

maynard is not going to beat you up for listening to the leak. i bet you could take him.
OFFLINE |  
Lagomorph's Avatar Lagomorph
04-24-2006, 06:41 PM

You'll all be nicely surprised on may 2nd. I'm talking to you jerkoffs with the album downloaded." -MJK, 4-23-06

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=102395

last page.

i know, it is just some random gamer creep probably fucking with everyone. i dunno, if anyone finds out if mjk actually posted this on his site, blogs, anything, let us know.

until then, i will just continue to get my hopes up.

Last edited by Lagomorph; 04-24-2006 at 06:45 PM..
Old 04-24-2006, 06:41 PM   #8
On Probation

Bincount™: 30

You'll all be nicely surprised on may 2nd. I'm talking to you jerkoffs with the album downloaded." -MJK, 4-23-06

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=102395

last page.

i know, it is just some random gamer creep probably fucking with everyone. i dunno, if anyone finds out if mjk actually posted this on his site, blogs, anything, let us know.

until then, i will just continue to get my hopes up.

Last edited by Lagomorph; 04-24-2006 at 06:45 PM..
OFFLINE |  
fault's Avatar fault
04-24-2006, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagomorph
Thanks mate, much appreciated. Could easily be a random idiot, but it has his blunt tone about it :P Who knows.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:49 PM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagomorph
Thanks mate, much appreciated. Could easily be a random idiot, but it has his blunt tone about it :P Who knows.
04-24-2006, 07:02 PM

wow.. MJK talked to me :D
Old 04-24-2006, 07:02 PM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

wow.. MJK talked to me :D
OFFLINE |  
/Parallelus/Reflectionis/'s Avatar /Parallelus/Reflectionis/
04-24-2006, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themayanlion
haha don't be a sissy.

don't forget he pratices Gracie Ju Jitsu ;)
Old 04-24-2006, 07:04 PM   #11
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by themayanlion
haha don't be a sissy.

don't forget he pratices Gracie Ju Jitsu ;)
04-24-2006, 07:04 PM

I heard about, and got the leaked album link, from a radio DJ. He mentioned on the radio that he had a friend who had the link, and then went on to say how astonished he was at the responses he received. I called him, got his email, and within an hour he emailed me the link. I'm just not sure if he is some dude with the link, or a DJ with the link. Just trying to contribute to the discussion.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:04 PM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

I heard about, and got the leaked album link, from a radio DJ. He mentioned on the radio that he had a friend who had the link, and then went on to say how astonished he was at the responses he received. I called him, got his email, and within an hour he emailed me the link. I'm just not sure if he is some dude with the link, or a DJ with the link. Just trying to contribute to the discussion.
OFFLINE |  
Masses
04-24-2006, 07:20 PM

"That quote in the half life forum is true" - MJK
Old 04-24-2006, 07:20 PM   #13
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

OFFLINE |  
lysergide dreams's Avatar lysergide dreams
04-24-2006, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masses
well this clearly proves everything.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:45 PM   #14
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 10

Quote:
well this clearly proves everything.
04-24-2006, 08:43 PM

Quote:
wow, a 4th post lolicakes. u make me cry
Old 04-24-2006, 08:43 PM   #15
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
04-24-2006, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by interior_decor

And the thousands in traffic that are forced to hear it everyday from my car.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:58 PM   #16
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by interior_decor

And the thousands in traffic that are forced to hear it everyday from my car.
04-24-2006, 10:02 PM

Jambi stale? Man you must be high....

*apologises for bad joke
Old 04-24-2006, 10:02 PM   #17
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619

Jambi stale? Man you must be high....

*apologises for bad joke
04-24-2006, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomethingSpecial
you.are.lame
Old 04-24-2006, 10:07 PM   #18
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomethingSpecial
you.are.lame
OFFLINE |  
SomethingSpecial
04-24-2006, 11:00 PM

Quote:
you.are.lame
no you lame. and u make me cry.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:00 PM   #19
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
you.are.lame
no you lame. and u make me cry.
04-24-2006, 11:08 PM

damn dude you ARE emo. and btw, i post in the rumours thread mainly.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:08 PM   #20
Level 4 - Thinker

damn dude you ARE emo. and btw, i post in the rumours thread mainly.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply