Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
sasukefutant
04-27-2006, 01:19 AM

Adam's myspace and the band's recent interviews would have you believe the recording sessions started in August.

Posted in the February 2005 newsletter..

"Yes, we know that the silver Coleman keeps ice for three days, but what about the new CD?" "Okay, the recording sessions are going very well, although it's still too early in the process for there to be a specific release date. Ditto with the live DVD, which isn't finished being edited yet, and which probably won't be released until after the new CD, perhaps in tandem with some other goodies that have been in the works for a while. Did you see Pinocchio's Daring Journey next door? Well, the band has its own Mr. Stromboli to deal with these days. Whoa!, that water stain in the boiler room looks like... the head of John the Baptist! Imagineering at its finest, don't you guys think?"
Old 04-27-2006, 01:19 AM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
A Glaring Inconsistency..

Adam's myspace and the band's recent interviews would have you believe the recording sessions started in August.

Posted in the February 2005 newsletter..

"Yes, we know that the silver Coleman keeps ice for three days, but what about the new CD?" "Okay, the recording sessions are going very well, although it's still too early in the process for there to be a specific release date. Ditto with the live DVD, which isn't finished being edited yet, and which probably won't be released until after the new CD, perhaps in tandem with some other goodies that have been in the works for a while. Did you see Pinocchio's Daring Journey next door? Well, the band has its own Mr. Stromboli to deal with these days. Whoa!, that water stain in the boiler room looks like... the head of John the Baptist! Imagineering at its finest, don't you guys think?"
OFFLINE |  
Cucumber_11's Avatar Cucumber_11
04-27-2006, 02:59 AM

The reference to Pinnochhio in there tells me that something within that paragraph is not truthfull.

I struggle to understand your point though. Care to explain?
"10, 000 Days was everything I wanted Lateralus to be. When I first got it [Lateralus] I felt it was a very very good album but no way up there with my favourites. Then 10, 000 Days came and it was like 'woah'."
Old 04-27-2006, 02:59 AM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 192
Re: A Glaring Inconsistency..

The reference to Pinnochhio in there tells me that something within that paragraph is not truthfull.

"10, 000 Days was everything I wanted Lateralus to be. When I first got it [Lateralus] I felt it was a very very good album but no way up there with my favourites. Then 10, 000 Days came and it was like 'woah'."
OFFLINE |  
sasukefutant
04-27-2006, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cucumber_11

This isn't consistent with what the band has been saying in interviews. They were recording over a year ago when you would think they would've still been writing.

I don't know, I'm not putting much into it, just an interesting observation I thought.

Last edited by sasukefutant; 04-27-2006 at 03:13 AM..
Old 04-27-2006, 03:08 AM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:

This isn't consistent with what the band has been saying in interviews. They were recording over a year ago when you would think they would've still been writing.

I don't know, I'm not putting much into it, just an interesting observation I thought.

Last edited by sasukefutant; 04-27-2006 at 03:13 AM..
OFFLINE |  
WilliamGraves
04-27-2006, 03:24 AM

"perhaps in tandem with some other goodies that have been in the works for a while"

All I know is that sounds interesting as hell by itself. Other than the album and live DVD what else is there?
Old 04-27-2006, 03:24 AM   #4
On Probation

Bincount™: 4

"perhaps in tandem with some other goodies that have been in the works for a while"

All I know is that sounds interesting as hell by itself. Other than the album and live DVD what else is there?
OFFLINE |  
LeMarchand's Avatar LeMarchand
04-27-2006, 03:57 AM

Maybe the real b-sides from Lateralus will be included with the Live DVD???
Old 04-27-2006, 03:57 AM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 16

Maybe the real b-sides from Lateralus will be included with the Live DVD???
04-27-2006, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamGraves

I think it was a reference to the DVD singles, this newsletter is over a year old.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:56 AM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamGraves

I think it was a reference to the DVD singles, this newsletter is over a year old.
OFFLINE |  
sasukefutant
04-27-2006, 06:55 AM

Quote:

Yeah, but nonetheless this means they had to have been laying tracks down over a year ago. What happened to these sessions? They claim that they had written the entire album besides Right In Two before they entered the studio(which we're lead to believe was in early August). Check out the answer the OUIJA board gave to a question regarding Rosetta Stoned. Specifically, "Yes and No." The albums out and I still don't understand that answer. Perhaps someone could enlighten me?

It isn't unreasonable to use the OUIJA boards answer to that question and the fact that they, indeed, were in the studio prior to August to suggest that, perhaps, 10,000 Days was recorded months ago and the sessions that took place in August were for another album. I really fucking doubt that, but..."No, when I left Bay 7's studio B on that chilly January night, Salma was still dancing, although she was now doing so for someone else (the Devo dolls?)." Further mixing sessions?

This along with a few cryptic "hints"(Miss July as a literary device, the whole key and locking the door thing, even some of his Pinnochio ramblings could be interpreted to relate to Tool) Blair has given us through newsletters will not allow the thought of another release to leave my mind.

I really don't believe another Tool release is anything close to imminent, but I wish I could let the distant thought of its possibility leave my mind as 10,000 Days definitely has left me hungry for more.

I really fucking doubt it.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:55 AM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:

Yeah, but nonetheless this means they had to have been laying tracks down over a year ago. What happened to these sessions? They claim that they had written the entire album besides Right In Two before they entered the studio(which we're lead to believe was in early August). Check out the answer the OUIJA board gave to a question regarding Rosetta Stoned. Specifically, "Yes and No." The albums out and I still don't understand that answer. Perhaps someone could enlighten me?

It isn't unreasonable to use the OUIJA boards answer to that question and the fact that they, indeed, were in the studio prior to August to suggest that, perhaps, 10,000 Days was recorded months ago and the sessions that took place in August were for another album. I really fucking doubt that, but..."No, when I left Bay 7's studio B on that chilly January night, Salma was still dancing, although she was now doing so for someone else (the Devo dolls?)." Further mixing sessions?

This along with a few cryptic "hints"(Miss July as a literary device, the whole key and locking the door thing, even some of his Pinnochio ramblings could be interpreted to relate to Tool) Blair has given us through newsletters will not allow the thought of another release to leave my mind.

I really don't believe another Tool release is anything close to imminent, but I wish I could let the distant thought of its possibility leave my mind as 10,000 Days definitely has left me hungry for more.

OFFLINE |  
Cucumber_11's Avatar Cucumber_11
04-27-2006, 07:53 AM

You raise some good points. In an interview with MTV they said they were only in the recording studio for 5 - 6 months. So you could actually be on to something.

Everyone keeps batting around 6/6/06 so maybe something will happen then?
Old 04-27-2006, 07:53 AM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

You raise some good points. In an interview with MTV they said they were only in the recording studio for 5 - 6 months. So you could actually be on to something.

Everyone keeps batting around 6/6/06 so maybe something will happen then?
OFFLINE |  
Cemetery Shindig
04-27-2006, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasukefutant

"recording sessions" doesnt necessarily mean they were in the studio. Considering the level of musicianship it takes to master the songs they play, it would make sense that while they were jamming and working on things, they'd also be recording on lesser equipment that they own, and listening back to what they like and dont like, etc. It's all 10,000 days. What you've heard is the CD.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:57 AM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 5

Quote:

"recording sessions" doesnt necessarily mean they were in the studio. Considering the level of musicianship it takes to master the songs they play, it would make sense that while they were jamming and working on things, they'd also be recording on lesser equipment that they own, and listening back to what they like and dont like, etc. It's all 10,000 days. What you've heard is the CD.
OFFLINE |  
sasukefutant
04-27-2006, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemetery Shindig
I highly doubt Tool would refer to their construction of songs as recording sessions- even if it did include recording using lesser equipment. Typically, this would be referred to as the process of jamming and arrangement. and Tool have labeled these sessions as such in the past. Actually, they probably use recording equipment at about every one of their jam sessions as a means to preserve the excellent sections they happen upon. It's still referred to as a jam session.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:12 AM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
I highly doubt Tool would refer to their construction of songs as recording sessions- even if it did include recording using lesser equipment. Typically, this would be referred to as the process of jamming and arrangement. and Tool have labeled these sessions as such in the past. Actually, they probably use recording equipment at about every one of their jam sessions as a means to preserve the excellent sections they happen upon. It's still referred to as a jam session.
OFFLINE |  
xineax
04-27-2006, 12:41 PM

"Did you see Pinocchio's Daring Journey next door? Well, the band has its own Mr. Stromboli to deal with these days. Whoa!, that water stain in the boiler room looks like... the head of John the Baptist! Imagineering at its finest, don't you guys think?"

I don't think this is only about the ride at Disneyland. I really wonder who Tool's Mr. Stromboli (their enemy) is. HAHAHA
Old 04-27-2006, 12:41 PM   #11
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

"Did you see Pinocchio's Daring Journey next door? Well, the band has its own Mr. Stromboli to deal with these days. Whoa!, that water stain in the boiler room looks like... the head of John the Baptist! Imagineering at its finest, don't you guys think?"

I don't think this is only about the ride at Disneyland. I really wonder who Tool's Mr. Stromboli (their enemy) is. HAHAHA
OFFLINE |  
Cemetery Shindig
04-27-2006, 01:27 PM

Quote:
You're arguing symantics over one of Blair's posts. If there was a microphone in the room, it COULD be called a recording session. Based on the nature of Blair's posts, that's the only thing that matters. Stop speculating and enjoy the album.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:27 PM   #12
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 5

Quote:
You're arguing symantics over one of Blair's posts. If there was a microphone in the room, it COULD be called a recording session. Based on the nature of Blair's posts, that's the only thing that matters. Stop speculating and enjoy the album.
OFFLINE |  
themayanlion
04-27-2006, 02:54 PM

haha you guys are so CUTE
Old 04-27-2006, 02:54 PM   #13
Level 4 - Thinker

haha you guys are so CUTE
OFFLINE |  
interior_decor
04-27-2006, 03:09 PM

This intrigues me.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:09 PM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

This intrigues me.
OFFLINE |  
sasukefutant
04-27-2006, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I suppose it COULD be called a recording session, but I still really doubt they would choose that wording if the cd was stilll in the process of being written. I could be wrong, but I really think not. and if I am, then the wording was chosen in poor judgment on Blair's behalf as a recording session typically means the band is laying down tracks in the studio for their soon to to be released cd.

I DO enjoy 10,000 Days. Great album. However, this is valid speculation.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:21 PM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Yeah, I suppose it COULD be called a recording session, but I still really doubt they would choose that wording if the cd was stilll in the process of being written. I could be wrong, but I really think not. and if I am, then the wording was chosen in poor judgment on Blair's behalf as a recording session typically means the band is laying down tracks in the studio for their soon to to be released cd.

I DO enjoy 10,000 Days. Great album. However, this is valid speculation.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply