Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
sasukefutant
04-24-2006, 10:04 AM

I decided to take some adderall last night to assist me in finishing a paper and subsequent to its finish decided to venture into 10,000 days theories. I ended up becoming obsessed reading newsletters over and over again without even realizing it for like 3 hours.

I think I'm starting to give up on the idea receiving any more Tool music than 10,000 days. I actually really like 10,000 Days, but it definitely leaves me wanting more. There are just a few fishy details that constantly have me coming back and question "Maybe...?" It's almost a disease.

-The newsletter states that "the recording sessions are going very well" back in FEBRUARY OF 2005.
-They had a webcast pertaining to the album in March of 2004.
-The newsletter in May of 2004 states that the members were busy writing and arranging material from noon until six.

Not that I don't love the songs on 10,000 days. They're all great and Tool seem to be pretty perfectionist so you also have to take that into account.

But doesn't it seem like they should have way more under their belt than just 8 songs? I think, with musicians as talented as the members in Tool are, that we could actually expect them to have double the amount done that they do considering how much time they had been working. They had a webcast in March of 2004! That means the album had to at least been coming somewhat together...I would think anyway.

ANOTHER thing that I was disappointed by was the use of the mandala. If you listen to the "TOOL jam session" that was recorded back when they had their webcast...if you listen to the background drumbeat, he is using the mandala in an awesome way that was never used on this cd. I was hoping that the jam session was, at least, somewhat a hint of what was to come.

There is also so much more that you can draw from just reading alot of the newsletters that might not necessarily be true anymore. For example, Blair tried to hint that 4/4/06 was the release date in a fairly recent newsletter, but that edned up being false. Perhaps hints about whatever the band was working on back then became irrelevant eventually as well.

and then there's stuff like this....

This is the newsletter that you get... because lawyers drafted IT (a confidentiality agreement) and I signed IT, not with blood like that compact (pacta cum daemonibus) the members of the band signed all those years ago in looking-glass letters with their magisterulus, but with ordinary ink from an ordinary pen, evidently (oxyopia being what it is) the property of some guy who lived in Chicago back in the 1920s, who, immortalized for his yielding willingly to the commands of others (ladies, I'll bet!), lives on today. All of which leads me to wonder... who left the door unlocked? ENTER...but pay no attention to those black candles burning between goats horns... nor to the offertory bowl filled with crimson-colored Jelly Bellys (?) These things are for the "puffers" (i.e. magically unsophisticated or those susceptible to Xian propaganda) among you, as are those waxen images and clay poppets... even said compact with conventional Latin contractions spelled backwards.

The whole reoccuring theme of a door unlocked and a key simply DRIVES ME INSANE. and I DON'T even expect anything more than what I've already heard so all this can lead to is some form of disappointment.

The newsletters also make you try to look at everything as a "literary device" For example, Miss July....and I ended up trying to look at his explanation of Pinnochio as a sign of something. And the secret burgers. So many things that probably mean nothing that you could read into to mean something bigger.....or things that once meant something, but not any longer.

Who the fuck knows? All I know is 10,000 days is fantastic, but leaves me wanting more. and this cryptic nonsense is a tease...
Old 04-24-2006, 10:04 AM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Newsletters, 10,000 days, the tease of more Tool

I decided to take some adderall last night to assist me in finishing a paper and subsequent to its finish decided to venture into 10,000 days theories. I ended up becoming obsessed reading newsletters over and over again without even realizing it for like 3 hours.

I think I'm starting to give up on the idea receiving any more Tool music than 10,000 days. I actually really like 10,000 Days, but it definitely leaves me wanting more. There are just a few fishy details that constantly have me coming back and question "Maybe...?" It's almost a disease.

-The newsletter states that "the recording sessions are going very well" back in FEBRUARY OF 2005.
-They had a webcast pertaining to the album in March of 2004.
-The newsletter in May of 2004 states that the members were busy writing and arranging material from noon until six.

Not that I don't love the songs on 10,000 days. They're all great and Tool seem to be pretty perfectionist so you also have to take that into account.

But doesn't it seem like they should have way more under their belt than just 8 songs? I think, with musicians as talented as the members in Tool are, that we could actually expect them to have double the amount done that they do considering how much time they had been working. They had a webcast in March of 2004! That means the album had to at least been coming somewhat together...I would think anyway.

ANOTHER thing that I was disappointed by was the use of the mandala. If you listen to the "TOOL jam session" that was recorded back when they had their webcast...if you listen to the background drumbeat, he is using the mandala in an awesome way that was never used on this cd. I was hoping that the jam session was, at least, somewhat a hint of what was to come.

There is also so much more that you can draw from just reading alot of the newsletters that might not necessarily be true anymore. For example, Blair tried to hint that 4/4/06 was the release date in a fairly recent newsletter, but that edned up being false. Perhaps hints about whatever the band was working on back then became irrelevant eventually as well.

and then there's stuff like this....

This is the newsletter that you get... because lawyers drafted IT (a confidentiality agreement) and I signed IT, not with blood like that compact (pacta cum daemonibus) the members of the band signed all those years ago in looking-glass letters with their magisterulus, but with ordinary ink from an ordinary pen, evidently (oxyopia being what it is) the property of some guy who lived in Chicago back in the 1920s, who, immortalized for his yielding willingly to the commands of others (ladies, I'll bet!), lives on today. All of which leads me to wonder... who left the door unlocked? ENTER...but pay no attention to those black candles burning between goats horns... nor to the offertory bowl filled with crimson-colored Jelly Bellys (?) These things are for the "puffers" (i.e. magically unsophisticated or those susceptible to Xian propaganda) among you, as are those waxen images and clay poppets... even said compact with conventional Latin contractions spelled backwards.

The whole reoccuring theme of a door unlocked and a key simply DRIVES ME INSANE. and I DON'T even expect anything more than what I've already heard so all this can lead to is some form of disappointment.

The newsletters also make you try to look at everything as a "literary device" For example, Miss July....and I ended up trying to look at his explanation of Pinnochio as a sign of something. And the secret burgers. So many things that probably mean nothing that you could read into to mean something bigger.....or things that once meant something, but not any longer.

Who the fuck knows? All I know is 10,000 days is fantastic, but leaves me wanting more. and this cryptic nonsense is a tease...
OFFLINE |  
mike09's Avatar mike09
04-24-2006, 12:03 PM

i agree
Old 04-24-2006, 12:03 PM   #2
Banned.

Bincount™: 664
Re: Newsletters, 10,000 days, the tease of more Tool

i agree
OFFLINE |  
Cucumber_11's Avatar Cucumber_11
04-24-2006, 12:12 PM

Who left the door unlocked?...Who left the door un-secured... who leaked the album...

Is blair suggesting we question that? Suggesting that maybe the people who leaked the album are closer to tool then we think, and that it was pre-planned?

*over-reaching*
"10, 000 Days was everything I wanted Lateralus to be. When I first got it [Lateralus] I felt it was a very very good album but no way up there with my favourites. Then 10, 000 Days came and it was like 'woah'."
Old 04-24-2006, 12:12 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 192

Who left the door unlocked?...Who left the door un-secured... who leaked the album...

Is blair suggesting we question that? Suggesting that maybe the people who leaked the album are closer to tool then we think, and that it was pre-planned?

*over-reaching*
"10, 000 Days was everything I wanted Lateralus to be. When I first got it [Lateralus] I felt it was a very very good album but no way up there with my favourites. Then 10, 000 Days came and it was like 'woah'."
OFFLINE |  
Akasha's Avatar Akasha
04-24-2006, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasukefutant
The whole reoccuring theme of a door unlocked and a key simply DRIVES ME INSANE...
Thats interesting in relation to Blair's April 1st post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOLBAND
01 Apr 06
SINGLE

Here's some amazing shit: The new Tool single, "Vicarious" will officially be heard on radio on April 17th. That's all I've got... so to the Fox & Hounds I go.

[b]locking the door...[b]
Unlocked Door, then Locking the Door. Dunno if theres any relevence but this thread reminded me of that post by someone on toolband.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:02 PM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasukefutant
The whole reoccuring theme of a door unlocked and a key simply DRIVES ME INSANE...
Thats interesting in relation to Blair's April 1st post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOLBAND
01 Apr 06
SINGLE

Here's some amazing shit: The new Tool single, "Vicarious" will officially be heard on radio on April 17th. That's all I've got... so to the Fox & Hounds I go.

[b]locking the door...[b]
Unlocked Door, then Locking the Door. Dunno if theres any relevence but this thread reminded me of that post by someone on toolband.
OFFLINE |  
deity
04-24-2006, 05:47 PM

why not just wait until the fuckin cd comes out.

this isnt brain surgery people.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:47 PM   #5
Level 3 - Talker

OFFLINE |  
sasukefutant
04-24-2006, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deity

that requires self discipline. something i, along with many others here on toolshed are not very good at.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:21 PM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:

that requires self discipline. something i, along with many others here on toolshed are not very good at.
OFFLINE |  
knot0fvipers's Avatar knot0fvipers
04-24-2006, 07:40 PM

"listen to the "TOOL jam session" that was recorded back when they had their webcast...if you listen to the background drumbeat, he is using the mandala in an awesome way that was never used on this cd."

does anyone have this recorded?
To me the lack of mandala is what is giving this away as a fake or i should say the technical aspects of the album are to me why its a decoy. fuck what the newsletters say, you can hear everything.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:40 PM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

"listen to the "TOOL jam session" that was recorded back when they had their webcast...if you listen to the background drumbeat, he is using the mandala in an awesome way that was never used on this cd."

does anyone have this recorded?
To me the lack of mandala is what is giving this away as a fake or i should say the technical aspects of the album are to me why its a decoy. fuck what the newsletters say, you can hear everything.
OFFLINE |  
magnolia's Avatar magnolia
04-24-2006, 07:50 PM

Quote:

Nope, it isn't. It's speculation. It's what fans want to do and they're doing it. Go away.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:50 PM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 17

Quote:

Nope, it isn't. It's speculation. It's what fans want to do and they're doing it. Go away.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply