opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Arts & Crafts
User Name
Password
Old 01-21-2006, 03:21 AM   #1
Mr. 200,000

Bincount™: 3568
Banner Collage

http://www.freepgs.com/garrety/images/Music.jpg

its for a music review site I am creating, not sure if its all finished yet, not sure on the name either, but tell me what you think. It has taken me many many nights :-)
Old 01-21-2006, 09:14 AM   #2
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 138
Re: Banner Collage

It's pieced together rather well, but the distribution of color is, for lack of a better word, horrible. Here's what a simple gradient map can do for something like this:
http://stashbox.org/uploads/11378620...aance_gmap.jpg

The colors used in the map aren't all that important... but notice how your eye can now move around the image without getting stuck in the right partition?
Old 01-22-2006, 12:07 AM   #3
Mr. 200,000

Thanks. You are right, the eye does get stuck in the right partion, however i'm not sure if a gradient map is what i'm after, I mean it does work but I don't really just want a single color tone / hue. I sort of want the various colors to stand out a little, but maybe not as much as they already do... But yeah i'll definitely look into that so thanks alot, i'll post it again when I have updated it and maybe you could tell me what you think, cheers.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:22 AM   #4
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 138

Yar... I didn't actually mean that you should use a gradient map, since you have the original, layered document and all. I was going to point that out earlier, but didn't for some reason.

Looking forward to the updated version.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:20 AM   #5
Mr. 200,000

Ok, I haven't really done too much to the banner except made a color curve to give it a richer, darker / more bearable feeling. Its a little better. Anyway the site is just about setup at this temp address:

http://www.freepgs.com/garrety/wordpress/

check it out!
Old 02-03-2006, 10:24 PM   #6
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 16122

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: