Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
03-20-2008, 11:23 AM

Yup. Seems like they started an early spring cleaning. Not only the nutcases but also highlevel posters (like Iota) are banned/probed.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:23 AM   #81
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635
Re: Meaning of RS

Yup. Seems like they started an early spring cleaning. Not only the nutcases but also highlevel posters (like Iota) are banned/probed.
03-20-2008, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post
Sounds like one of those kids that got picked on a lot in highschool and then become cops just to abuse the badge and priviledges it comes with.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:48 AM   #82
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post
Sounds like one of those kids that got picked on a lot in highschool and then become cops just to abuse the badge and priviledges it comes with.
03-20-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
Ha! love it...
Old 03-20-2008, 06:56 PM   #83
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
Ha! love it...
03-22-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
Off topic obviously but I am glad the mod's are active here. This is a Tool fan forum....so people that come in ripping Tool every five seconds or that simply have no clue how to have an intelligent, cohesive and coherent conversation should be kicked out and the door slammed shut behind them. I have read so many threads here where people get personal and kirk out over the most absurd nonsense and blatantly disrespect each other. More power to the mods. Keep the bullshit to a minimum.
Don't get me wrong, Archaic. But just by thinking this Tool fan forum is filled with toolfans is a bit naive...

There are alot of members around here that have "outgrown" listening to Tool. Some even hate Tool. They stick around here just because of the social aspect that they build up around here. And, as long as rules are respected, none of them will be banned for posting absurd nonsence. Maybe when you gain access to "interact" you can see what i'm talking about.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:12 PM   #84
Jedi Master

Quote:
Off topic obviously but I am glad the mod's are active here. This is a Tool fan forum....so people that come in ripping Tool every five seconds or that simply have no clue how to have an intelligent, cohesive and coherent conversation should be kicked out and the door slammed shut behind them. I have read so many threads here where people get personal and kirk out over the most absurd nonsense and blatantly disrespect each other. More power to the mods. Keep the bullshit to a minimum.
Don't get me wrong, Archaic. But just by thinking this Tool fan forum is filled with toolfans is a bit naive...

There are alot of members around here that have "outgrown" listening to Tool. Some even hate Tool. They stick around here just because of the social aspect that they build up around here. And, as long as rules are respected, none of them will be banned for posting absurd nonsence. Maybe when you gain access to "interact" you can see what i'm talking about.
03-22-2008, 06:22 PM

I don't understand it either. I was just informing you that there are those who just when "beyond" Tool (where ever that may be).
Old 03-22-2008, 06:22 PM   #85
Jedi Master

I don't understand it either. I was just informing you that there are those who just when "beyond" Tool (where ever that may be).
03-22-2008, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. It is funny you brought up the interact section because I was thinking the other day that I thought there used to be an interact section. I just assumed it was taken down. Didn't realize they just have it accessed controlled now by post count I assume ?
Nope, you'll see it after you're a member for three months.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:11 PM   #86
Jedi Master

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. It is funny you brought up the interact section because I was thinking the other day that I thought there used to be an interact section. I just assumed it was taken down. Didn't realize they just have it accessed controlled now by post count I assume ?
Nope, you'll see it after you're a member for three months.
03-22-2008, 07:22 PM

Quote:
I find the notion of "outgrowing" Tool rather absurd.
They

don't
Old 03-22-2008, 07:22 PM   #87
Jedi Master

Quote:
I find the notion of "outgrowing" Tool rather absurd.
They

don't
03-22-2008, 11:38 PM

Yeah..I dont understand this at all. If you dont like Tool anymore...Why are users on this website constantly posting? Awww why because you made some friends? How fuckin cute...

Im sure Im just dumb and naive and I dont know what Im talking about because Im a big fan of the reason why I am here and that is a band called Tool. Sorry We dont like whatever MOPE likes or all of those other guys that have been members since 02', 03' that lurk in Interact...

Go to your favorite bands website and chat. Leave people who still LIKE/LOVE Tool...Alone.

AM I ON THE AIR????
Old 03-22-2008, 11:38 PM   #88
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 10

Yeah..I dont understand this at all. If you dont like Tool anymore...Why are users on this website constantly posting? Awww why because you made some friends? How fuckin cute...

Im sure Im just dumb and naive and I dont know what Im talking about because Im a big fan of the reason why I am here and that is a band called Tool. Sorry We dont like whatever MOPE likes or all of those other guys that have been members since 02', 03' that lurk in Interact...

Go to your favorite bands website and chat. Leave people who still LIKE/LOVE Tool...Alone.

AM I ON THE AIR????
K4E2V0's Avatar K4E2V0
03-23-2008, 05:08 AM

after listening to RS 2 or 3 hundred times since the cd came out,and after seeing it performed live twice,my conclusion is that maybe it has no specific meaning,sounds like a description of a dream possibly.thank god this is a forum for OPINIONS,im thinking maybe the sond was done as a jam session like triad and the lyrics were added as a post thought
i mean, we are like catapillars, contemplating pupation. no longer will i chew on the cabbage leaves, no longer will i spend my time moving on the underside of the foliage! life must be a preparation for the transition to another dimension...
Old 03-23-2008, 05:08 AM   #89
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 78

after listening to RS 2 or 3 hundred times since the cd came out,and after seeing it performed live twice,my conclusion is that maybe it has no specific meaning,sounds like a description of a dream possibly.thank god this is a forum for OPINIONS,im thinking maybe the sond was done as a jam session like triad and the lyrics were added as a post thought
i mean, we are like catapillars, contemplating pupation. no longer will i chew on the cabbage leaves, no longer will i spend my time moving on the underside of the foliage! life must be a preparation for the transition to another dimension...
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
03-23-2008, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool_Is_Sick View Post
AM I ON THE AIR????
Yes, you are heard, understood and supported!
Old 03-23-2008, 06:42 AM   #90
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool_Is_Sick View Post
AM I ON THE AIR????
Yes, you are heard, understood and supported!
03-24-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
kirk out?
Old 03-24-2008, 09:27 AM   #91
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
kirk out?
03-24-2008, 09:28 AM

Quote:
I find the notion of "outgrowing" Tool rather absurd. I have been a fan since Opiate my friend and the only thing that has grown over those 16 years is my appreciation for the consistent quality of the music Tool create. That outgrowing thing just baffles me. It would be like you saying....hey buddie...when you "outgrow" Mozart...you will understand. I am certainly not comparing Tool to Mozart but simply using that as an example given the quality of the music. Or if that example doesn't tickle your fancy that would be like me saying when you "outgrow" Meshuggah....yeah ok when I find another band that plays in ridiculously complicated time signatures and has a fundementally perfect understanding of syncopation....*insert sarcasm here.... I guess I will outgrow them too. Our I suppose when someone turns me on to some obscure underground trumpet player I guess I will just toss all my Miles Davis CD's in the trash too if I am to work off of that kind of logic.

I didn't come here to gain access to the interact section. I don't care to interact about much of anything else here...in this place...toolshed.down.net... other than discussing Tool's music. Don't take that as me saying it is all I listen to because quite frankly that couldn't be farther from the truth. But why come to a tool message board if you have "outgrown" Tool ?? That one just doesn't quite compute.
Damn, you just got served....ha
Old 03-24-2008, 09:28 AM   #92
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
I find the notion of "outgrowing" Tool rather absurd. I have been a fan since Opiate my friend and the only thing that has grown over those 16 years is my appreciation for the consistent quality of the music Tool create. That outgrowing thing just baffles me. It would be like you saying....hey buddie...when you "outgrow" Mozart...you will understand. I am certainly not comparing Tool to Mozart but simply using that as an example given the quality of the music. Or if that example doesn't tickle your fancy that would be like me saying when you "outgrow" Meshuggah....yeah ok when I find another band that plays in ridiculously complicated time signatures and has a fundementally perfect understanding of syncopation....*insert sarcasm here.... I guess I will outgrow them too. Our I suppose when someone turns me on to some obscure underground trumpet player I guess I will just toss all my Miles Davis CD's in the trash too if I am to work off of that kind of logic.

I didn't come here to gain access to the interact section. I don't care to interact about much of anything else here...in this place...toolshed.down.net... other than discussing Tool's music. Don't take that as me saying it is all I listen to because quite frankly that couldn't be farther from the truth. But why come to a tool message board if you have "outgrown" Tool ?? That one just doesn't quite compute.
Damn, you just got served....ha
03-24-2008, 12:22 PM

For example; I don't like (read hate) Justin Timberlake's music so you won't see me on one of his fan-forums.

Don't like it? Don't go there!

For the rest i think musical interest is strictly personal. Just live and let live!
Old 03-24-2008, 12:22 PM   #93
Jedi Master

For example; I don't like (read hate) Justin Timberlake's music so you won't see me on one of his fan-forums.

Don't like it? Don't go there!

For the rest i think musical interest is strictly personal. Just live and let live!
03-25-2008, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Okay that entire whacking off example wasn't necessary and did nothing to further your point. As for the rest of your post I can certainly respect that any given individual may grow to dislike a band over time. That is natural. Over time I have lost interest in many a band. But.... and this is by far the only pertinent point in this discussion....why come to a band fan website if you no longer like the band ??? Okay so I understand there is an interact section and some long time members who maybe use this place as a space to hang out. Hey thats cool. Enjoy. But I have no problem with the mods keeping the down right cruel, rude, and disrespectful nonsense out of the albums & live forums. Because unlike Interact these sections are here to serve one purpose. That purpose is creating a space for fans of Tool to interact and discuss the music. It seems rather simple.

This is the last comment I will make on this particular matter as it is getting off topic and I have no interest in creating any more clutter than is already present.
Bah hum bug
Old 03-25-2008, 09:10 AM   #94
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Okay that entire whacking off example wasn't necessary and did nothing to further your point. As for the rest of your post I can certainly respect that any given individual may grow to dislike a band over time. That is natural. Over time I have lost interest in many a band. But.... and this is by far the only pertinent point in this discussion....why come to a band fan website if you no longer like the band ??? Okay so I understand there is an interact section and some long time members who maybe use this place as a space to hang out. Hey thats cool. Enjoy. But I have no problem with the mods keeping the down right cruel, rude, and disrespectful nonsense out of the albums & live forums. Because unlike Interact these sections are here to serve one purpose. That purpose is creating a space for fans of Tool to interact and discuss the music. It seems rather simple.

This is the last comment I will make on this particular matter as it is getting off topic and I have no interest in creating any more clutter than is already present.
Bah hum bug
09-04-2009, 05:24 PM

Man, things around here get a little tense.

As for the subject at hand, Rosetta Stoned, when taken at face value, describes a DMT trip. It's also one of the /funnest/ songs that Tool has put out thus far. It seems so much less serious, and mind-blowing. It's still a deep song, but it puts forward a lighter feel than the others, and I love it.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:24 PM   #95
Level 1 - Lurker

Man, things around here get a little tense.

As for the subject at hand, Rosetta Stoned, when taken at face value, describes a DMT trip. It's also one of the /funnest/ songs that Tool has put out thus far. It seems so much less serious, and mind-blowing. It's still a deep song, but it puts forward a lighter feel than the others, and I love it.
04-13-2010, 10:14 PM

I really wish I could edit my posts. The grammar is definitely not my best..

Ah well.

None of you know who I am.. Or do you?
Old 04-13-2010, 10:14 PM   #96
Level 4 - Thinker

I really wish I could edit my posts. The grammar is definitely not my best..

Ah well.

None of you know who I am.. Or do you?
04-14-2010, 04:55 AM

santa?
Old 04-14-2010, 04:55 AM   #97
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 14

santa?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread