opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Old 07-09-2007, 05:10 PM   #161
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/10 - Montreal, QC - Bell Centre

TOMORROW!!!!!
HOLY FUCKIN`SHIT!!!!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:55 PM   #162
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 45

this is our time now!!! cant believe it, i'll be right in front of the scene
Old 07-09-2007, 10:57 PM   #163
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolfanottawa View Post
first post!!

Am going to my first tool show. God I hope its good. Plan to smoke & and get drunk before the show.

It is going to be AMAZING.

The next day i'm off to the biodome.
Umm, just to echo the first reponse to this- try not getting drunk or high before the show. You won't be sorry. Missed to many great show because I was stoned. Then I grew the fark up.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:46 AM   #164
Level 4 - Thinker

I've been waiting for today for a long time.
Still my expectations aren't impossible to meet. Hope it's a good show.
I'll share my thoughts afterwards.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:59 AM   #165
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles View Post
Advice: do not get drunk or high!
I smoked a joint at a concert last night for the time in a few years, last night right before Wings. Usually I'm either sober or umm on something else at concerts, but I forgot that a little bit of a spliff can hit the spot.

Once those lazers came out, all the art, the band are consciously aware how trippy the whole experience can be, so I say.......if you want to, get high, enjoy the music, spiral out.

but yeah, drunk and tool doesnt mix well.

BTW: Montreal, these guys are playing better than I've ever heard them, last night was fucking ridiculous.

Last edited by sianspheric; 07-10-2007 at 12:02 PM..
Old 07-10-2007, 01:20 PM   #166
Level 4 - Thinker

TONIGHT!!!!!brutopia!rene-levesque and crescent street.killer brews.not to worry people i know when to say when.please folks,no laser pointers or flash pictures.we do not want to upset our maynard.TONIGHT!!!!waited a year and 3mnths for them to finally play montreal for 10,000days!!!!hopefully the testosterone will be at a minimum and the nookie will be flowing!
also,dudes please do not scream the lyrics at the top of your lungs in the ear of the guy next to you.The worst!!!see all of you there!!!

Last edited by ascendingdude; 07-10-2007 at 01:20 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 07-10-2007, 08:32 PM   #167
Level 4 - Thinker

Review of the concert :

Absolute Bliss.

Thanks.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:31 PM   #168
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 50

that was fucking incredible
Old 07-11-2007, 06:42 AM   #169
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Big time luck for Montreal. I wish we had this longer version of the setlist in Hamilton. Well, you guys deserve it.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:52 PM   #170
Level 2 - Poster

Definately worth the drive from Ottawa...

Pretty sure everything's been mentioned about this show, so I won't say too much....

We stayed in a hotel accross the street from the Bell Centre, and had a good time predrinking before the show. Unfortunately, we thought we'd be safe leaving our hotel around 9pm or so for the concert, and were pretty surprised to see no lineups at the entrance!

This of course was because Tool was already in the middle of playing their first song, that Kids in the Hall cover apparently. So missing that was a little dissapointing, but walking into the arena and down the isle while Jambi was playing was a cool experience.

Overall, I'd say the show was better than when I saw them in Toronto last year, since we were much closer to the stage, and had a better view of everything. The Toronto show was probably more fun though, because for that one we were way up in the grass area at the top of the ampitheatre, and people were really easygoing and in a good mood at that one...We also had Isis as an opener last year, which was a perfect opening band for Tool, in my opinion.

On the other hand, I think for the most part this show in montreal just blew people away, leaving most people, around our section at least, pretty much speechless, and in a happy, "wow" kinda mood.

Montreal was my third tool show, and it's always a blast. It's a tough concert experience to beat, that's for sure...here's hoping we haven't seen the last of them.

On a sidenote, i noticed while watching a dvd of tool's show in ottawa (from summer 2002) that they were already playing pieces of 10,000 days (pretty sure it's somewhere on youtube as well)...did anyone notice any little bits from the montreal show that might have been new? Just for fun, anyone wanna guess what kinda sound they might go for if they hit up the studio again?

Last edited by schooner; 07-31-2007 at 02:05 PM..
Old 07-31-2007, 02:10 PM   #171
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianspheric View Post
I smoked a joint at a concert last night for the time in a few years, last night right before Wings. Usually I'm either sober or umm on something else at concerts, but I forgot that a little bit of a spliff can hit the spot.

Once those lazers came out, all the art, the band are consciously aware how trippy the whole experience can be, so I say.......if you want to, get high, enjoy the music, spiral out.

but yeah, drunk and tool doesnt mix well.

BTW: Montreal, these guys are playing better than I've ever heard them, last night was fucking ridiculous.
I agree with this one, have a beer or two if you want a bit of a buzz, but getting drunk at any concert is usually just annoying for anyone around you.

Last edited by schooner; 07-31-2007 at 08:37 PM..

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: