Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive
User Name
Password
SystemofaDeathShower
04-28-2006, 07:00 AM

Tool, are you the ultimate subscribers to authority? What do you want us to question? Your corporate, greedy/capoltolisitc ideals? Your $35 T-Shirts? Your single DVD rip-off offerings? The fact that you won't allow your band to be downloaded on a satellite jukebox? The fact that you absolutely abhor music downloaders? Tool: question yourself. You are the oil company of music, shoving the sad antics of Metallica in your wake and making a new name in the form of capitol greed, becoming the kings of corporate profit-loss defenders. Do you feel secure in safe-guarding every possible monetary gain from your music? Brillance is only impenetrable by egotism. Lighten the fuck up. You question authority, yet you play the ultimate authority in the music business to your fans? Afraid you will lose a few bucks to some poor bloke who chooses to hear what you have to say instead of say, 50 Cent? Are all of the songs about your mother so valuable to the public? Do you enjoy pinning your fans to the ground during a concert because they want to express their gratitiude towards you? Timothy Leary and Bill Hicks would laugh at your percieved self-importance. Maybe it's time you subscribe to punk-rock 101, that taught us all, years ago, about questioning authority, you as of yet, don't have a clue.

Send all flames to [email protected]
Old 04-28-2006, 07:00 AM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
An open letter.

Tool, are you the ultimate subscribers to authority? What do you want us to question? Your corporate, greedy/capoltolisitc ideals? Your $35 T-Shirts? Your single DVD rip-off offerings? The fact that you won't allow your band to be downloaded on a satellite jukebox? The fact that you absolutely abhor music downloaders? Tool: question yourself. You are the oil company of music, shoving the sad antics of Metallica in your wake and making a new name in the form of capitol greed, becoming the kings of corporate profit-loss defenders. Do you feel secure in safe-guarding every possible monetary gain from your music? Brillance is only impenetrable by egotism. Lighten the fuck up. You question authority, yet you play the ultimate authority in the music business to your fans? Afraid you will lose a few bucks to some poor bloke who chooses to hear what you have to say instead of say, 50 Cent? Are all of the songs about your mother so valuable to the public? Do you enjoy pinning your fans to the ground during a concert because they want to express their gratitiude towards you? Timothy Leary and Bill Hicks would laugh at your percieved self-importance. Maybe it's time you subscribe to punk-rock 101, that taught us all, years ago, about questioning authority, you as of yet, don't have a clue.

Send all flames to [email protected]
OFFLINE |  
Nebel
04-28-2006, 07:01 AM

ok
Old 04-28-2006, 07:01 AM   #2
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 38
Re: An open letter.

ok
OFFLINE |  
Rubb.'s Avatar Rubb.
04-28-2006, 07:02 AM

shh
Old 04-28-2006, 07:02 AM   #3
Illuminator of Lightitude
Suicide Booth ID: 20

Location: Van Diemens Land Penis Length: 1.4 inches Vagina Capacity: 7.2 inches
Bincount™: 21769

shh
04-28-2006, 07:03 AM

I think this was the guy they wrote "Hooker With A Penis" about.

PS it's weak to give out a yahoo account for flames. If you really had balls you'd give out a work email or school email.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:03 AM   #4
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 1202

I think this was the guy they wrote "Hooker With A Penis" about.

PS it's weak to give out a yahoo account for flames. If you really had balls you'd give out a work email or school email.
Cucumber_11's Avatar Cucumber_11
04-28-2006, 07:04 AM

*sends you a candle* Its a flame, but it's a pretty flame :-)
"10, 000 Days was everything I wanted Lateralus to be. When I first got it [Lateralus] I felt it was a very very good album but no way up there with my favourites. Then 10, 000 Days came and it was like 'woah'."
Old 04-28-2006, 07:04 AM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 192

*sends you a candle* Its a flame, but it's a pretty flame :-)
"10, 000 Days was everything I wanted Lateralus to be. When I first got it [Lateralus] I felt it was a very very good album but no way up there with my favourites. Then 10, 000 Days came and it was like 'woah'."
OFFLINE |  
badshirt

Thats just ridiculous.

Maybe the just think releasing a physical record is cool. They all grew up during a time where they bought vinyl and the packaging was part of the fun.

I'd rather buy a CD. $35 T shirts are just the way it goes. Have you noticed that gas is more expensive? If gas is more expensive then everything is more expensive. Go to your countries web site and post to the politicians.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:04 AM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

Thats just ridiculous.

Maybe the just think releasing a physical record is cool. They all grew up during a time where they bought vinyl and the packaging was part of the fun.

I'd rather buy a CD. $35 T shirts are just the way it goes. Have you noticed that gas is more expensive? If gas is more expensive then everything is more expensive. Go to your countries web site and post to the politicians.
OFFLINE |  
whalethesecond's Avatar whalethesecond

they're distributed by sony BMG around the world. lol.

they advertised 10000 days on television. lol.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:04 AM   #7
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 154

04-28-2006, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whalethesecond

So what? Maybe they should just e-mail their tracks to everybody for free and hope that people are just honest and send them cash.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:06 AM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by whalethesecond

So what? Maybe they should just e-mail their tracks to everybody for free and hope that people are just honest and send them cash.
OFFLINE |  
paraflux
04-28-2006, 07:07 AM

Perhaps if this was started elsewhere it wouldnt be locked.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:07 AM   #9
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070

Perhaps if this was started elsewhere it wouldnt be locked.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply