Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 11. Viginti Tres
User Name
Password
braeseven
04-06-2012, 10:25 PM

I recently lost a hard drive containing my music and specifically the 10,000 Days album. The version of Viginti Tres I had was an instrumental song (guitar, bass, drums) which basically repeated the same bar of music over and over. I just thought it was the only version of the song, but after recently replacing the album, the Viginti Tres I now have (which is what most people seem to have - the weird synthetic breathing noises, etc) is completely different from the version I used to have. Can anyone explain this? Thanks : )
Old 04-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Lost song Viginti Tres?

I recently lost a hard drive containing my music and specifically the 10,000 Days album. The version of Viginti Tres I had was an instrumental song (guitar, bass, drums) which basically repeated the same bar of music over and over. I just thought it was the only version of the song, but after recently replacing the album, the Viginti Tres I now have (which is what most people seem to have - the weird synthetic breathing noises, etc) is completely different from the version I used to have. Can anyone explain this? Thanks : )
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
04-07-2012, 01:30 AM

what kind of audio format was the first version, how was it obtained, and when? are you sure it wasn't "merkaba" off the salival boxset? if it was downloaded as a leak, then it can't be considered official - for instance, i've seen multiple versions of 10k days with very different track (and album) lengths ...so i'm not sure what kind of tampering goes into uploading 320kbps torrent/mediafire files. but if it was a straight rip of a legitimate hardcopy compact disc, then i am indeed sorry for your loss ...and very curious. did you remember it sounding like tool (sans maynard)? was it good?
Old 04-07-2012, 01:30 AM   #2
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217
Re: Lost song Viginti Tres?

what kind of audio format was the first version, how was it obtained, and when? are you sure it wasn't "merkaba" off the salival boxset? if it was downloaded as a leak, then it can't be considered official - for instance, i've seen multiple versions of 10k days with very different track (and album) lengths ...so i'm not sure what kind of tampering goes into uploading 320kbps torrent/mediafire files. but if it was a straight rip of a legitimate hardcopy compact disc, then i am indeed sorry for your loss ...and very curious. did you remember it sounding like tool (sans maynard)? was it good?
10-07-2012, 11:34 PM

Maybe I'm deviating, but upon some ingestion of thc and a stern listening sesh I came upon. The reasoning that maybe tool intended this album to be listend to back words... or god deescinding into matter. Or kether into malkuth. Even keeping the partner songs in the same arrangement so: 11, 9/10, 7/8, 6, 3/4, 2, 1. I came to find that the whole album flows much better.......
Old 10-07-2012, 11:34 PM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Maybe I'm deviating, but upon some ingestion of thc and a stern listening sesh I came upon. The reasoning that maybe tool intended this album to be listend to back words... or god deescinding into matter. Or kether into malkuth. Even keeping the partner songs in the same arrangement so: 11, 9/10, 7/8, 6, 3/4, 2, 1. I came to find that the whole album flows much better.......
10-08-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkabalove View Post
...What about The Pot? :(
Old 10-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #4
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkabalove View Post
...What about The Pot? :(
Merkabalove's Avatar Merkabalove
10-10-2012, 01:25 PM

I seem to have forgotten how to count. But the pot would indeed come after lipan.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

I seem to have forgotten how to count. But the pot would indeed come after lipan.
10-10-2012, 10:09 PM

back in the day just after laterals was released a friend of mine showed me if you reverse the grudge on his cd you discover a track with danny carey reading something occukt, i think it was the 19th call of te aethyrs, so what i think is that if problem 8 was a hidden track there must be more on the other abums aswell.

so good to hear about it , that means youve got 1 of a limeted amount of cds manufactured with a collecters item track on it.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:09 PM   #6
Level 8 - Vociferous

back in the day just after laterals was released a friend of mine showed me if you reverse the grudge on his cd you discover a track with danny carey reading something occukt, i think it was the 19th call of te aethyrs, so what i think is that if problem 8 was a hidden track there must be more on the other abums aswell.

so good to hear about it , that means youve got 1 of a limeted amount of cds manufactured with a collecters item track on it.
Merkabalove's Avatar Merkabalove
10-23-2012, 11:57 AM

Actually i believe the 10000 days puzzle is the songs have to reordered. the album should be listened too as follows and you'll discover something great:

11,9/10,6,7/8,5,3/4,2,1
Old 10-23-2012, 11:57 AM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Actually i believe the 10000 days puzzle is the songs have to reordered. the album should be listened too as follows and you'll discover something great:

11,9/10,6,7/8,5,3/4,2,1
10-24-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frater H View Post
if you reverse the grudge on his cd you discover a track with danny carey reading something occukt
prove it- it would be nice if it would be true and not just a giant piece of bullshit as i think right now :D

Last edited by dancingflame; 10-24-2012 at 10:05 AM..
Old 10-24-2012, 10:02 AM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by frater H View Post
if you reverse the grudge on his cd you discover a track with danny carey reading something occukt
prove it- it would be nice if it would be true and not just a giant piece of bullshit as i think right now :D

Last edited by dancingflame; 10-24-2012 at 10:05 AM..
dancingflame
10-24-2012, 10:07 AM

sorry brother heroin- i just saw your signature :X
Old 10-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

sorry brother heroin- i just saw your signature :X
ardley216
04-01-2013, 01:44 AM

I had this song!!! It was amazing. I can tell you that I downloaded it via Kazaa in about 2003/4/5, it's about 9 minutes long. It was my favorite song ever at the time. I have lost it, and I want to find it again. PLEASE PLEASE upload it somewhere.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:44 AM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

I had this song!!! It was amazing. I can tell you that I downloaded it via Kazaa in about 2003/4/5, it's about 9 minutes long. It was my favorite song ever at the time. I have lost it, and I want to find it again. PLEASE PLEASE upload it somewhere.
mcam88
10-03-2013, 12:49 AM

I believe myself to have decoded the speech at the end of Viginti Tres.

As I understand it, it has something to do with a group of entities relating to the moon. That is all I am able to espouse at the moment. To say more I fear would be dangerous.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:49 AM   #11
Level 2 - Poster

I believe myself to have decoded the speech at the end of Viginti Tres.

As I understand it, it has something to do with a group of entities relating to the moon. That is all I am able to espouse at the moment. To say more I fear would be dangerous.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply