Intension
Right in Two
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenema

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

Post in Live Discussion if you want to talk about what might or might not happen. This thread is for reviews of the show itself.

Last edited by paraflux; 05-12-2007 at 09:06 AM..
Old 04-27-2007, 10:01 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/05/11 - Wichita, KS - Kansas Coliseum

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 and 2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Intension
Right in Two
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenema

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

Post in Live Discussion if you want to talk about what might or might not happen. This thread is for reviews of the show itself.

Last edited by paraflux; 05-12-2007 at 09:06 AM..
OFFLINE |  
CatWithAGatt's Avatar CatWithAGatt
05-11-2007, 08:49 PM

The only thing Maynard said tonight, "Fantastic."

No extended Stinkfist, but a really cool drum solo during Lateralus. (If I'm recalling correctly)

Noticed Danny ice down his right bicep during the lounging break.

White lab coats everywhere.

Stage floor didn't light up like it did at Kemper last year.

Was there perhaps a theme with the lab coats and the sterile white floor tying into the whole Rosetta Stoned motif?

(I still contend that if they play Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned, it needs to be the first song. Otherwise I've seen little to no audience reaction. Maybe it's just the midwest. But as a starter in Memorial Hall, well, there is no comparison. I've never seen a more well received song.)

Last edited by CatWithAGatt; 05-12-2007 at 02:39 PM.. Reason: Banana Hammock
Old 05-11-2007, 08:49 PM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/11 - Wichita, KS - Kansas Coliseum

The only thing Maynard said tonight, "Fantastic."

No extended Stinkfist, but a really cool drum solo during Lateralus. (If I'm recalling correctly)

White lab coats everywhere.

Stage floor didn't light up like it did at Kemper last year.

Was there perhaps a theme with the lab coats and the sterile white floor tying into the whole Rosetta Stoned motif?

(I still contend that if they play Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned, it needs to be the first song. Otherwise I've seen little to no audience reaction. Maybe it's just the midwest. But as a starter in Memorial Hall, well, there is no comparison. I've never seen a more well received song.)

Last edited by CatWithAGatt; 05-12-2007 at 02:39 PM.. Reason: Banana Hammock
OFFLINE |  
harskeyb
05-11-2007, 08:50 PM

Setlist as follows:

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 and 2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Intension
Right in Two
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenema

Great show!! good crowd. Band and even Maynard seemed really into it. Highlights were wings/10000 days and the breakdown in Lateralus is amazing!!! Loved the visuals and the lasers, really add to the overall experience. Only thing Maynard said all night was "fantastic" right before Aenema. Really enjoyed the floor except that you cant see the stage floor. Was hoping for Pushit, but Right in Two sounds really good live. Tool is in top form at the moment :)

Last edited by harskeyb; 05-12-2007 at 05:54 AM..
Old 05-11-2007, 08:50 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Setlist as follows:

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 and 2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Intension
Right in Two
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenema

Great show!! good crowd. Band and even Maynard seemed really into it. Highlights were wings/10000 days and the breakdown in Lateralus is amazing!!! Loved the visuals and the lasers, really add to the overall experience. Only thing Maynard said all night was "fantastic" right before Aenema. Really enjoyed the floor except that you cant see the stage floor. Was hoping for Pushit, but Right in Two sounds really good live. Tool is in top form at the moment :)

Last edited by harskeyb; 05-12-2007 at 05:54 AM..
OFFLINE |  
scar's Avatar scar
05-11-2007, 09:08 PM

"Fan-tastic." notice that i didn't use an exclamation point. neither did maynard. we were some of the luckiest TOOL fans on the face of the earth. an affordable show at a wonderful venue. we got there at noon. i experience many cool people, and i will add more after i find something to eat..........
Old 05-11-2007, 09:08 PM   #4
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

"Fan-tastic." notice that i didn't use an exclamation point. neither did maynard. we were some of the luckiest TOOL fans on the face of the earth. an affordable show at a wonderful venue. we got there at noon. i experience many cool people, and i will add more after i find something to eat..........
05-11-2007, 11:12 PM

Compared to the last one I saw (at Kemper in September) this one had way better visuals and Right in Two (which I've grown to appreciate after seeing live tonight). I was really hoping for Pushit as well, hopefully they'll bust it out next Saturday in OKC.

I must say though, Roseta Stoned has got to go. I could barely hear half the vocals for it, and it just doesn't come out right live.

I'm also tired of all of the pot going around. Grow up. if you can't experience Tool sober, than you must be a moron. Its annoying, especially when the result is some ass-clown stoned off his ass dancing like a fuckin stripper to WINGS FOR MARIE, right in front of me. If he was on the steps I would have pushed him down them and felt zero remorse.

Overall a good show. Disappointed the set list hasn't changed really from the last leg. Still a killer show, great sound, great visuals. I stand by the fact that Rosetta Stoned, Schism, Aenema, 46 & 2, and Vicarious can all be axed from future setlists. Would have been nice to hear something from Undertow or Opiate.

Jambi is good as an opener but Stinkfist is the staple I think for openers, and right after it is The Grudge.

I give it a 8.5/10 though. great show. But I'm ready for a new setlist.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:12 PM   #5
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 144

Compared to the last one I saw (at Kemper in September) this one had way better visuals and Right in Two (which I've grown to appreciate after seeing live tonight). I was really hoping for Pushit as well, hopefully they'll bust it out next Saturday in OKC.

I must say though, Roseta Stoned has got to go. I could barely hear half the vocals for it, and it just doesn't come out right live.

I'm also tired of all of the pot going around. Grow up. if you can't experience Tool sober, than you must be a moron. Its annoying, especially when the result is some ass-clown stoned off his ass dancing like a fuckin stripper to WINGS FOR MARIE, right in front of me. If he was on the steps I would have pushed him down them and felt zero remorse.

Overall a good show. Disappointed the set list hasn't changed really from the last leg. Still a killer show, great sound, great visuals. I stand by the fact that Rosetta Stoned, Schism, Aenema, 46 & 2, and Vicarious can all be axed from future setlists. Would have been nice to hear something from Undertow or Opiate.

Jambi is good as an opener but Stinkfist is the staple I think for openers, and right after it is The Grudge.

I give it a 8.5/10 though. great show. But I'm ready for a new setlist.
05-11-2007, 11:45 PM

where to start... the show was fabulous. the band was so totally on. i was quite happy with the setlist. got to see right in two live which I was hoping for last time, thrilled that Wings is still in there. And I disagree about keys/stoned, if you know the words then hearing mjk's vocals wasn't a big challenge.

Again... stellar show. on many many levels, lateralus break down, wings, stinkfist, aenema... et al.

i could write more, but the result would be less than kindness to a previous poster, so i'll just let it go.

Adam, Justin..., Danny, Mjk. Thank you again, definately worth price of admission and the 6 hour drive.

I'm outtie -night all-
Old 05-11-2007, 11:45 PM   #6
Level 3 - Talker

where to start... the show was fabulous. the band was so totally on. i was quite happy with the setlist. got to see right in two live which I was hoping for last time, thrilled that Wings is still in there. And I disagree about keys/stoned, if you know the words then hearing mjk's vocals wasn't a big challenge.

Again... stellar show. on many many levels, lateralus break down, wings, stinkfist, aenema... et al.

i could write more, but the result would be less than kindness to a previous poster, so i'll just let it go.

Adam, Justin..., Danny, Mjk. Thank you again, definately worth price of admission and the 6 hour drive.

I'm outtie -night all-
OFFLINE |  
Starless82
05-11-2007, 11:54 PM

Great Show. Out of the four times I've seen Tool live this was probably the 2nd best, and I only say that for lack of older material in the setlist. The stage setup and video were top notch, as I've come to expect from the band. The laser show blew my mind. I haven't seen our guys since 2002, so the lasers were completely new to me. As a whole, the band was in top form and playing as tight as ever. Danny was wearing his University of Kansas jersey, as he always does when they roll through Wichita. It was a very standard setlist, but I was still pleased with it. I would have loved to hear Pushit, or The Pot, but I'm not complaining. I thought Maynard's vocals were a little drowned out; I had some trouble hearing him at various points throughout the night. I agree with the previous poster about Maynard's vocals being nearly indistinguishable for most of Rosetta Stoned. The crowd tonight was all in all very respectful and, although there was some, there was much less moshing and crowdsurfing than I had expected. Even though Maynard only said one word to us, as previously mentioned, The band got one of the loudest ovations I have ever experienced at any concert. Wichita appreciates Tool, and we showed them how much so this evening. Danny took note, and grabbed his Kansas jersey as if to say "thanks", which drew even louder applause. Looking very much forward to next time!

Last edited by Starless82; 05-12-2007 at 12:58 AM..
Old 05-11-2007, 11:54 PM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

Great Show. Out of the four times I've seen Tool live this was probably the 2nd best, and I only say that for lack of older material in the setlist. The stage setup and video were top notch, as I've come to expect from the band. The laser show blew my mind. I haven't seen our guys since 2002, so the lasers were completely new to me. As a whole, the band was in top form and playing as tight as ever. Danny was wearing his University of Kansas jersey, as he always does when they roll through Wichita. It was a very standard setlist, but I was still pleased with it. I would have loved to hear Pushit, or The Pot, but I'm not complaining. I thought Maynard's vocals were a little drowned out; I had some trouble hearing him at various points throughout the night. I agree with the previous poster about Maynard's vocals being nearly indistinguishable for most of Rosetta Stoned. The crowd tonight was all in all very respectful and, although there was some, there was much less moshing and crowdsurfing than I had expected. Even though Maynard only said one word to us, as previously mentioned, The band got one of the loudest ovations I have ever experienced at any concert. Wichita appreciates Tool, and we showed them how much so this evening. Danny took note, and grabbed his Kansas jersey as if to say "thanks", which drew even louder applause. Looking very much forward to next time!

Last edited by Starless82; 05-12-2007 at 12:58 AM..
OFFLINE |  
TOOLwrench's Avatar TOOLwrench
05-12-2007, 12:24 AM

who ever posted the setlist left out lost keys and the whole intermission mixer type thing,anyhow my experience is as follows. This was my 4th TOOL show 5th next weekend,Got to the coliseum 6-ish and didnt have to wait just walked right in,checked out merch which is an arm and a leg,yeah im guilty for dishing out the 38 dollars for a shirt. I had floor with my girl...Kinski came on at 8 and i knew they would blow due to the fact ive heard samples before,after the first song in which they chose to play the same chord over and over and over again i bailed to the pisser and to get a drink........walked around hung out a bit. Advice to Kinski, turn down the sythn crap and get a singer! TOOL comes on at 9 and played til 11. Jambi is kinda odd as an opener but im not gonna bitch about the setlist as many have,it was cool,some undertow would be nice but its cool,atleast we got right in 2,wings,10k days. The crowd was good,an idiot here and there but not many,some guy had his girl on his shoulders blocking my view of adam til security flashlit her ass down that was nice,only real pit was the center,which is gay at a TOOL show. Only certain songs warrant moshing,like faster shit. I can kinda understand moshing Cause its hard to hold still at a TOOL show all that energy builds up and some people cant control it. The lasers and screens were amazing. Would have been nice to see the contortionists again like on the lateralus tour. Wings,10k days was moving,ill admit i felt emotion and alot of energy,closed my eyes and kinda meditated a couple times............overall great,ready for OKC now. Closer to home for me, i got close floor seats too.........Nice! If you get the chance to go take it,its worth it.You never know if we'll see TOOL again!

oh yeah,did anyone else notice adam playing the staring game,he looks at someone and stares and stands there and jams,looks kinda pissed off,he stared at me a couple times. Im surprised we only got one word"Fantastic" out of Maynard. I thought it would be something along the lines of "Take these feelings your having right now and go out into the world and use them to create something.....Positive" Kinda odd he pointed the mic at the crowd during the end of vicarious which is when its at its vocal climax....bummer..............still great show,Glad im going to OKC too. There were a couple hot ass honeys there tonight too ooooooooweeeee!

Last edited by paraflux; 05-12-2007 at 08:58 AM..
Old 05-12-2007, 12:24 AM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

who ever posted the setlist left out lost keys and the whole intermission mixer type thing,anyhow my experience is as follows. This was my 4th TOOL show 5th next weekend,Got to the coliseum 6-ish and didnt have to wait just walked right in,checked out merch which is an arm and a leg,yeah im guilty for dishing out the 38 dollars for a shirt. I had floor with my girl...Kinski came on at 8 and i knew they would blow due to the fact ive heard samples before,after the first song in which they chose to play the same chord over and over and over again i bailed to the pisser and to get a drink........walked around hung out a bit. Advice to Kinski, turn down the sythn crap and get a singer! TOOL comes on at 9 and played til 11. Jambi is kinda odd as an opener but im not gonna bitch about the setlist as many have,it was cool,some undertow would be nice but its cool,atleast we got right in 2,wings,10k days. The crowd was good,an idiot here and there but not many,some guy had his girl on his shoulders blocking my view of adam til security flashlit her ass down that was nice,only real pit was the center,which is gay at a TOOL show. Only certain songs warrant moshing,like faster shit. I can kinda understand moshing Cause its hard to hold still at a TOOL show all that energy builds up and some people cant control it. The lasers and screens were amazing. Would have been nice to see the contortionists again like on the lateralus tour. Wings,10k days was moving,ill admit i felt emotion and alot of energy,closed my eyes and kinda meditated a couple times............overall great,ready for OKC now. Closer to home for me, i got close floor seats too.........Nice! If you get the chance to go take it,its worth it.You never know if we'll see TOOL again!

oh yeah,did anyone else notice adam playing the staring game,he looks at someone and stares and stands there and jams,looks kinda pissed off,he stared at me a couple times. Im surprised we only got one word"Fantastic" out of Maynard. I thought it would be something along the lines of "Take these feelings your having right now and go out into the world and use them to create something.....Positive" Kinda odd he pointed the mic at the crowd during the end of vicarious which is when its at its vocal climax....bummer..............still great show,Glad im going to OKC too. There were a couple hot ass honeys there tonight too ooooooooweeeee!

Last edited by paraflux; 05-12-2007 at 08:58 AM..
OFFLINE |  
zach0124
05-12-2007, 05:59 AM

a few thoughts:
6th time seeing tool
i was standing in front of the lighting sound area against the fence. i think maybe
teach from ta was to my right. sorry i didn't really talk to anyone but i was the one
guy around moving and grooving to every song.
i just got that feeling from this show that put me in a different state.
still not quite the "experience" that was the lateralus tour but they're definitely
getting closer with the addition of more screens, expanding the laser show, and
all the the trance/ambient/noise in between songs.
for those reasons i thought it was better than the kc show last fall.

i'm not gonna complain about the setlist b/c i'm fine with whatever they wanna play
(hell, if they only played wings/10,000 days it'd be worth the $55 for me)
on my imaginary wish list however would be seeing parabol/parabola, 4 degrees, or jimmy
seeing third eye again would be ridiculous as well.

going to the council bluffs show today so kinda hoping for pushit but if it's the
exact same setlist i'll be just as happy. also going to okc next saturday so this
is pretty much the best month ever

zach
topeka, ks
Old 05-12-2007, 05:59 AM   #9
Level 2 - Poster

a few thoughts:
6th time seeing tool
i was standing in front of the lighting sound area against the fence. i think maybe
teach from ta was to my right. sorry i didn't really talk to anyone but i was the one
guy around moving and grooving to every song.
i just got that feeling from this show that put me in a different state.
still not quite the "experience" that was the lateralus tour but they're definitely
getting closer with the addition of more screens, expanding the laser show, and
all the the trance/ambient/noise in between songs.
for those reasons i thought it was better than the kc show last fall.

i'm not gonna complain about the setlist b/c i'm fine with whatever they wanna play
(hell, if they only played wings/10,000 days it'd be worth the $55 for me)
on my imaginary wish list however would be seeing parabol/parabola, 4 degrees, or jimmy
seeing third eye again would be ridiculous as well.

going to the council bluffs show today so kinda hoping for pushit but if it's the
exact same setlist i'll be just as happy. also going to okc next saturday so this
is pretty much the best month ever

zach
topeka, ks
OFFLINE |  
harbong's Avatar harbong
05-12-2007, 06:50 AM

awesome show!
did anyone notice during wings they kind of fell apart, rhythmically they were on but justin and maynard kept coming in at awkward moments, like they were two beats off...you could see them looking at each other like uhhhhhhhhh.... then the danny pulled them back together with his drum intro to the heavy part. After seeing the song 3 times, it was definitely noticable, but tool is still human.
a cool effect with the lasers was during the last part of vicarious they spread out to cover most of the field of view, and they had alternating rgb colors.....just like a crt tube pattern, and the video screens were playing static. it was like when you put your face up against a tv, and there's tool, inside.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:50 AM   #10

Bincount™: 1

awesome show!
did anyone notice during wings they kind of fell apart, rhythmically they were on but justin and maynard kept coming in at awkward moments, like they were two beats off...you could see them looking at each other like uhhhhhhhhh.... then the danny pulled them back together with his drum intro to the heavy part. After seeing the song 3 times, it was definitely noticable, but tool is still human.
a cool effect with the lasers was during the last part of vicarious they spread out to cover most of the field of view, and they had alternating rgb colors.....just like a crt tube pattern, and the video screens were playing static. it was like when you put your face up against a tv, and there's tool, inside.
OFFLINE |  
Oversoul22's Avatar Oversoul22
05-12-2007, 10:28 AM

This was my second TOOL show and it was amazing. It was my first time on the floor and I was in the second row. First I'm going to get mad and say Fuck You to the drunk assholes to my left who kept making cat-calls to the female bassist and booing Kinski. TOOL picked these guys for a reason and I didn't mind them that much. I went to the back of the floor after Stinkfist because the only thing up front were a bunch of drunk fuckheads who kept pushing everyone around and I couldn't focus on the band or the music. So after getting elbowed in the face I said Fuck You and went to the back and had a much better time.
This show kicked the shit out of the Kemper Arena show last September. The setlist was the same except for Right In Two, but I didn't mind. The lasers were amazing because they were being shot right over us on the floor. It felt very(I don't know any other word to describe it) Spiritual. At the end of Wings pt.1 Maynard changed "It's time for us to let you go", to, "It's time for me to let you go". At the end of 10,000 Days pt.2 when he said, " I'll let it shine to guide you safely on your way home", I actually cried. It was the whole effect of seeing the lighters in the air, the lasers, the song and knowing it's about his mother. Loved the show, amazing, can't use words to describe it.

By the way I was the guy in the Pink Floyd Animals shirt with glasses and medium length hair moving like an idiot to every song. Please come back to Wichita TOOL!
Old 05-12-2007, 10:28 AM   #11
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

This was my second TOOL show and it was amazing. It was my first time on the floor and I was in the second row. First I'm going to get mad and say Fuck You to the drunk assholes to my left who kept making cat-calls to the female bassist and booing Kinski. TOOL picked these guys for a reason and I didn't mind them that much. I went to the back of the floor after Stinkfist because the only thing up front were a bunch of drunk fuckheads who kept pushing everyone around and I couldn't focus on the band or the music. So after getting elbowed in the face I said Fuck You and went to the back and had a much better time.
This show kicked the shit out of the Kemper Arena show last September. The setlist was the same except for Right In Two, but I didn't mind. The lasers were amazing because they were being shot right over us on the floor. It felt very(I don't know any other word to describe it) Spiritual. At the end of Wings pt.1 Maynard changed "It's time for us to let you go", to, "It's time for me to let you go". At the end of 10,000 Days pt.2 when he said, " I'll let it shine to guide you safely on your way home", I actually cried. It was the whole effect of seeing the lighters in the air, the lasers, the song and knowing it's about his mother. Loved the show, amazing, can't use words to describe it.

By the way I was the guy in the Pink Floyd Animals shirt with glasses and medium length hair moving like an idiot to every song. Please come back to Wichita TOOL!
kineticat's Avatar kineticat
05-12-2007, 10:34 AM

Man... so many impressions for my first show...

the lasers killed. when I first saw them come on they were the lasers set around a circle, and I was like, yeah, that is so 80's, everyone does that... then later on WHOA. Seriously, best use of lasers I've EVER seen, do it some more! My favorite part was during 10,000 days when they had the flat lasers behind the stage turning in synch, and the clouds were projected on the laser light -- fucking awesome, very creative. Then like this guy above said, the laser climax was during vicarious, right at the end when they turned on all the lasers from the stage and the sound booth and basically made a "tent" over the front part of the floor. I was standing in the back most of the time so that I had room to dance. In the middle of the sound booth you could see a tall rack which was shooting out the lasers, very cool.

Oh that's another thing. No matter where I stood the view was great. I really applaud tool for this because it lets me know they are thinking about their fans. The screens behind the band are great, they silhouette the band so you can see them most of the time. Right, there are only so many people who can get up against the rail, so make sure the show is entertaining for even the short people in the back. Speaking of which, MANY MANY THANKS to the two wonderful women who let me stand on their bench with them during wings/days. I only had to leave because I absolutely had to go dance to Lateralus. W00T!!!!! FUCKIN A! It fuckin kicked! unfortunately it seemed that a lot of people around me weren't appreciating the song, fucking talkin to your buddies, cutting in front of me, go looking for your fucking friend, okay get the fuck out.

I wasn't too impressed with the sound but in that "tin can" I wasn't expecting much. It seemed like the sound was better on the left side of the floor, but there were more people over there, maybe because it sounded better?

It was also awesome to see the guys hugging on stage after the show... I couldn't tell if Maynard was still up there, but I could see Danny real clearly the whole time... he seemed very happy and hell we were all happy too. Happy birthday Danny! Great show, great people, security wasn't a bitch, THANK YOU TOOL.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:34 AM   #12

Bincount™: 82

Man... so many impressions for my first show...

the lasers killed. when I first saw them come on they were the lasers set around a circle, and I was like, yeah, that is so 80's, everyone does that... then later on WHOA. Seriously, best use of lasers I've EVER seen, do it some more! My favorite part was during 10,000 days when they had the flat lasers behind the stage turning in synch, and the clouds were projected on the laser light -- fucking awesome, very creative. Then like this guy above said, the laser climax was during vicarious, right at the end when they turned on all the lasers from the stage and the sound booth and basically made a "tent" over the front part of the floor. I was standing in the back most of the time so that I had room to dance. In the middle of the sound booth you could see a tall rack which was shooting out the lasers, very cool.

Oh that's another thing. No matter where I stood the view was great. I really applaud tool for this because it lets me know they are thinking about their fans. The screens behind the band are great, they silhouette the band so you can see them most of the time. Right, there are only so many people who can get up against the rail, so make sure the show is entertaining for even the short people in the back. Speaking of which, MANY MANY THANKS to the two wonderful women who let me stand on their bench with them during wings/days. I only had to leave because I absolutely had to go dance to Lateralus. W00T!!!!! FUCKIN A! It fuckin kicked! unfortunately it seemed that a lot of people around me weren't appreciating the song, fucking talkin to your buddies, cutting in front of me, go looking for your fucking friend, okay get the fuck out.

I wasn't too impressed with the sound but in that "tin can" I wasn't expecting much. It seemed like the sound was better on the left side of the floor, but there were more people over there, maybe because it sounded better?

It was also awesome to see the guys hugging on stage after the show... I couldn't tell if Maynard was still up there, but I could see Danny real clearly the whole time... he seemed very happy and hell we were all happy too. Happy birthday Danny! Great show, great people, security wasn't a bitch, THANK YOU TOOL.
05-12-2007, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post

Right the fuck on man. Why pay the money to go to a concert, get fucked up and then not remember anything. I was listening to the local radio station right after the show let out and some guy called in to say the show was amazing but he couldn't even remember what song they closed with. Fuckin' stupid.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:42 PM   #13
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

Right the fuck on man. Why pay the money to go to a concert, get fucked up and then not remember anything. I was listening to the local radio station right after the show let out and some guy called in to say the show was amazing but he couldn't even remember what song they closed with. Fuckin' stupid.
drew_tattoo
05-12-2007, 04:31 PM

fun show, personally ive seen better shows from tool but a tool concert is like sex, if its bad, its still really fucking awesome so im not talking shit, standard setlist which was alright with me, where i was sitting i could barely hear maynard for most of the show which was a bit of a bummer but i gotta say the screens during rosetta stoned were really cool, the pyramid, saturn, ufo way cool, maynard didnt seem as into as other shows, at the kc show in september he was dancing a lot more and stuff, also he didnt say hardly anything

cool moment for me was before the show i went and had a cigarette above the buses and saw justin walking around, i turned into a 16 year old girl cause of that, then after the show i went back by the buses and after a little while adam came out, people cheered for him and he gave us a little wave then the security guards made us leave

but yea it was a lot of fun
Old 05-12-2007, 04:31 PM   #14
Level 2 - Poster

fun show, personally ive seen better shows from tool but a tool concert is like sex, if its bad, its still really fucking awesome so im not talking shit, standard setlist which was alright with me, where i was sitting i could barely hear maynard for most of the show which was a bit of a bummer but i gotta say the screens during rosetta stoned were really cool, the pyramid, saturn, ufo way cool, maynard didnt seem as into as other shows, at the kc show in september he was dancing a lot more and stuff, also he didnt say hardly anything

cool moment for me was before the show i went and had a cigarette above the buses and saw justin walking around, i turned into a 16 year old girl cause of that, then after the show i went back by the buses and after a little while adam came out, people cheered for him and he gave us a little wave then the security guards made us leave

but yea it was a lot of fun
OFFLINE |  
toolgirly's Avatar toolgirly
05-12-2007, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oversoul22 View Post

Ummmm, I am sorry but since when does pot erase your memory? We have seen over 500 concerts between the two of us and I can remember all of the ones that I smoked at. There are a few that I got drunk at and are a little fuzzy, but pot?

I would much rather see a crowd full of stoners that can kick back and enjoy a show, than a crowd full of drunken idiots that cause a bunch of unnesessary bullshit.

But whatever you say.

O
|\ __O
_|_| \
Old 05-12-2007, 06:35 PM   #15
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

Ummmm, I am sorry but since when does pot erase your memory? We have seen over 500 concerts between the two of us and I can remember all of the ones that I smoked at. There are a few that I got drunk at and are a little fuzzy, but pot?

I would much rather see a crowd full of stoners that can kick back and enjoy a show, than a crowd full of drunken idiots that cause a bunch of unnesessary bullshit.

But whatever you say.

O
|\ __O
_|_| \
OFFLINE |  
toolfoolinKS
05-12-2007, 07:18 PM

Quote:
It felt very(I don't know any other word to describe it) Spiritual. At the end of Wings pt.1 Maynard changed "It's time for us to let you go", to, "It's time for me to let you go". At the end of 10,000 Days pt.2 when he said, " I'll let it shine to guide you safely on your way home", I actually cried. It was the whole effect of seeing the lighters in the air, the lasers, the song and knowing it's about his mother. Loved the show, amazing, can't use words to describe it.

!
I cried too, like a baby. Fucking Awesome, thats all I can say.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:18 PM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
It felt very(I don't know any other word to describe it) Spiritual. At the end of Wings pt.1 Maynard changed "It's time for us to let you go", to, "It's time for me to let you go". At the end of 10,000 Days pt.2 when he said, " I'll let it shine to guide you safely on your way home", I actually cried. It was the whole effect of seeing the lighters in the air, the lasers, the song and knowing it's about his mother. Loved the show, amazing, can't use words to describe it.

!
I cried too, like a baby. Fucking Awesome, thats all I can say.
OFFLINE |  
ditziwt
05-12-2007, 08:56 PM

i just want to thank security for not being dicks most of the time. we were in the beer garden waiting to get a beer when the show started... it wasnt even two minutes before both rails were busted and everyone rushed the stage. I was pissed to find out i didnt have a floor ticket and was comtemplating the 10 foot drop to the floor, luckily i was in the right place at the right time. i instantly made my way to the front rows and stayed there for the whole show. there was about 8 fat fucks that couldnt get to the rail and felt the need to push the whole fuckin time... cocksuckers... great show. ill see you all again in okc. 3 shows for me in a year while living in kansas... can it get any better? how long till they tour again or release another album?
Old 05-12-2007, 08:56 PM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

i just want to thank security for not being dicks most of the time. we were in the beer garden waiting to get a beer when the show started... it wasnt even two minutes before both rails were busted and everyone rushed the stage. I was pissed to find out i didnt have a floor ticket and was comtemplating the 10 foot drop to the floor, luckily i was in the right place at the right time. i instantly made my way to the front rows and stayed there for the whole show. there was about 8 fat fucks that couldnt get to the rail and felt the need to push the whole fuckin time... cocksuckers... great show. ill see you all again in okc. 3 shows for me in a year while living in kansas... can it get any better? how long till they tour again or release another album?
OFFLINE |  
BreakX's Avatar BreakX
05-12-2007, 10:18 PM

Awesome show. Only thing I would suggest would be to turn Maynard up. There were several points during the night where I couldn't hear him at all or just barely hear him in the distance. He seemed to be the loudest during the new songs. Everyone seemed to be really on, and it was an enjoyable experience.

I laughed pretty hard when I saw people moshing to Right in Two at the point where Maynard was saying, "Fight till they... etc" but was really surpried that people moshed during 10,000 days. To each their own I guess, but it just seems odd to mosh during a song that is a memorium to someone's dead mom.. Oh well.

Crowd was pretty cool for the most part though. I'm really confused as to why people throw shit on stage. Adam almost got hit with a shirt or something and it rested on his pedals to which a tech had to come remove it, Justin had a close call with a glow stick..

Lateralus was the highlight for me. I've seen it performed live several times, but the combination of the music, images, and the new drum break really set me over the edge. I would like to hear some older stuff, but everything I did hear was really awesome.

Well worth the 2.5 hour drive from Lawrence.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:18 PM   #18
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Awesome show. Only thing I would suggest would be to turn Maynard up. There were several points during the night where I couldn't hear him at all or just barely hear him in the distance. He seemed to be the loudest during the new songs. Everyone seemed to be really on, and it was an enjoyable experience.

I laughed pretty hard when I saw people moshing to Right in Two at the point where Maynard was saying, "Fight till they... etc" but was really surpried that people moshed during 10,000 days. To each their own I guess, but it just seems odd to mosh during a song that is a memorium to someone's dead mom.. Oh well.

Crowd was pretty cool for the most part though. I'm really confused as to why people throw shit on stage. Adam almost got hit with a shirt or something and it rested on his pedals to which a tech had to come remove it, Justin had a close call with a glow stick..

Lateralus was the highlight for me. I've seen it performed live several times, but the combination of the music, images, and the new drum break really set me over the edge. I would like to hear some older stuff, but everything I did hear was really awesome.

Well worth the 2.5 hour drive from Lawrence.
OFFLINE |  
BreakX's Avatar BreakX
05-13-2007, 09:54 AM

BTW, they had two mics and a HD camera around the console area.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:54 AM   #19
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

OFFLINE |  
actualize_epiphanies's Avatar actualize_epiphanies
05-13-2007, 10:39 AM

for the curious:
"it's summertime and the living is easy."

sweeping kansas summer sky and all existence feels itself flying on the very wings of the wind. brilliantly booming lightning storms a week or a day away; breezes lightly rustling the lengths of a few dresses bring not a scent of rain. an evening ripe to capture the raw power of man-made electricity.

"there's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear..."

ponder how to capture what escapes boundaries of sound and space with mere words? mind soaked and seeping of fresh knowledge, at first there is only a reeling, ringing dizziness. the senses are stunned at absolute freedom in thought; distractions no longer more than a nuisance. nothing deemed worthy of detracting from a pure and renewed state of mind.

…

the lines fill, brim with eager anticipation and wait to spill into a single space. cool people and calm exteriors do not betray beating—no, bursting—hearts holding hidden treasures. one step closer to security; don't let it get to you, man. they only want to hold a nazi party. let them play their game. not everyone is blessed with the will to follow a spark towards conscious awareness. humour their reality a short while.

dancing steps into a concrete concert hall constructed to withstand an F5, surely not built for acoustics, but from its center come the sounds of musical perfection: well-thought, well-played intelligent music. the band kinski must be the four lead members of some sort of kick-ass electric orchestra. (a definite add to my pandora. and projectplaylist. and life soundtrack.) rock on sister, your bow-work is so goddamn intriguing. slow friends are missing out on this phenomenon; most are seated, eyes fixated. the floor is quiet, relatively--heads trained on the indefinably operatic opener.

"i get by with a little help from my friends."

trembling at this point. mind racing in time with blood's beat. a trek for water to murder time through the set change. friends finally in tow and negotiated good seats. now they want drinks. Schnell! Schnell! slow docile sheeple crowd themselves around the scattered meccas of consumerism. pause unwillingly in line, wondering at how united meditation with environment is achieved with a greasy pizza held mid-way to mouth. sicken a little that couples can't stifle the need to spend on twin sets of t-shirts (cheaper online. oh well, let the posers pay for that expensive-looking light show. an exception here for new wardrobe staples purchased way prior to stage time; oh yeah, and kinski schwag.)

don't you understand what we're trying to make happen here?! if you're lost, kindly step out of the way for others with knowledge of the path. please, it's time to fucking hurry.

"lend me your ears..."

introspection is a dangerous thing. it twists and turns, not completely conscious and thus uncontrolled. deep meditative exercise is necessary daily, and still distractions force the unconscious into the mind's deep corners. all around there are signs of people feeding a personal I, Me, My schema. where's that fat security bitch on a power trip? ponder that some just stand there, sullen sodden stones. these are songs of revolution! patriots should be stomping out the rhythms of songs for the good fight. ambivalence and avoidant-agression in the few of this multitude infringe on attempts at a collective carpe diem.

certain herbaceous plantlife has calming, restorative effects. nearly two songs in, and this is no time to worry about drones. is this an imagined lag? sounds hit the ears twice and lock into a new synchronity. someone's not singing these melodies correctly; drunk mumbling muffles the impact of a vocalist eager to play. schism helps establish a basic level of communication as the screens slowly come to life. knowledge from previous experience prepares for rosetta stoned—just look and listen. silently lips form words; important bursts of sound tear forth at gripping verse. the crowd can no longer compete with the men molding both music and moment.

anticipation for right in two turns to disbelief at its actualization. defying limits of beauty and wisdom; simple in its truth. a skilled mind and hands wield the drums that strike power into this mantra while a twirling ouroboros graces the screens … wings/tenthousanddays unspeakably truthful, and yet still some refuse even an ounce of reverence. laser lights guide the inner eye to focus; sympathy turns to empathy for those willing to explore their own hearts: a shared pounding at the gate of heaven for all inspiring figures gone before. (a tear perhaps, or two, for a personal hero’s passing.)

“feel inspired to, fathom the power to, witness the beauty to…”

the familiar virtuousic opening notes of lateralus energize active participants in this consciousness-experiment; pushing towards awareness, all are caught up and lifted with the sheer force of sound in this attempt to spiral out. eyes riveted by the scene, mind opens wide …

“pull your head on out your head, please, and give a listen.”

vicarious may truly rival all other attempts at visual impact. white noise and green laser lights enclose the stage; justin and adam stare out as if caged. the band a visual parody of themselves—idolized, pedastalized entertainers calling the fans out on their bullshit: a life vicarious and falsely lived. a song not without hope: the information imparted forces a meaningful impetus to action for reflective listeners.

“some say the end is near…”

a single expectant shout from seating—aenima!; an immediate reply—f-a-n-tastic. (could he have heard …?) nothing more pertinent now than this farseeing, decade-old song; the world cannot abide this life of illness longer. fret for warming trends, fret for carbon emissions, fret for violent consumption and violent storms, fret for careless ambivalence, fret for all this trash, fret for recylables discarded thoughtlessly in the grass.

Last edited by actualize_epiphanies; 05-13-2007 at 05:31 PM..
Old 05-13-2007, 10:39 AM   #20
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

for the curious:
"it's summertime and the living is easy."

sweeping kansas summer sky and all existence feels itself flying on the very wings of the wind. brilliantly booming lightning storms a week or a day away; breezes lightly rustling the lengths of a few dresses bring not a scent of rain. an evening ripe to capture the raw power of man-made electricity.

"there's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear..."

ponder how to capture what escapes boundaries of sound and space with mere words? mind soaked and seeping of fresh knowledge, at first there is only a reeling, ringing dizziness. the senses are stunned at absolute freedom in thought; distractions no longer more than a nuisance. nothing deemed worthy of detracting from a pure and renewed state of mind.

…

the lines fill, brim with eager anticipation and wait to spill into a single space. cool people and calm exteriors do not betray beating—no, bursting—hearts holding hidden treasures. one step closer to security; don't let it get to you, man. they only want to hold a nazi party. let them play their game. not everyone is blessed with the will to follow a spark towards conscious awareness. humour their reality a short while.

dancing steps into a concrete concert hall constructed to withstand an F5, surely not built for acoustics, but from its center come the sounds of musical perfection: well-thought, well-played intelligent music. the band kinski must be the four lead members of some sort of kick-ass electric orchestra. (a definite add to my pandora. and projectplaylist. and life soundtrack.) rock on sister, your bow-work is so goddamn intriguing. slow friends are missing out on this phenomenon; most are seated, eyes fixated. the floor is quiet, relatively--heads trained on the indefinably operatic opener.

"i get by with a little help from my friends."

trembling at this point. mind racing in time with blood's beat. a trek for water to murder time through the set change. friends finally in tow and negotiated good seats. now they want drinks. Schnell! Schnell! slow docile sheeple crowd themselves around the scattered meccas of consumerism. pause unwillingly in line, wondering at how united meditation with environment is achieved with a greasy pizza held mid-way to mouth. sicken a little that couples can't stifle the need to spend on twin sets of t-shirts (cheaper online. oh well, let the posers pay for that expensive-looking light show. an exception here for new wardrobe staples purchased way prior to stage time; oh yeah, and kinski schwag.)

don't you understand what we're trying to make happen here?! if you're lost, kindly step out of the way for others with knowledge of the path. please, it's time to fucking hurry.

"lend me your ears..."

introspection is a dangerous thing. it twists and turns, not completely conscious and thus uncontrolled. deep meditative exercise is necessary daily, and still distractions force the unconscious into the mind's deep corners. all around there are signs of people feeding a personal I, Me, My schema. where's that fat security bitch on a power trip? ponder that some just stand there, sullen sodden stones. these are songs of revolution! patriots should be stomping out the rhythms of songs for the good fight. ambivalence and avoidant-agression in the few of this multitude infringe on attempts at a collective carpe diem.

certain herbaceous plantlife has calming, restorative effects. nearly two songs in, and this is no time to worry about drones. is this an imagined lag? sounds hit the ears twice and lock into a new synchronity. someone's not singing these melodies correctly; drunk mumbling muffles the impact of a vocalist eager to play. schism helps establish a basic level of communication as the screens slowly come to life. knowledge from previous experience prepares for rosetta stoned—just look and listen. silently lips form words; important bursts of sound tear forth at gripping verse. the crowd can no longer compete with the men molding both music and moment.

anticipation for right in two turns to disbelief at its actualization. defying limits of beauty and wisdom; simple in its truth. a skilled mind and hands wield the drums that strike power into this mantra while a twirling ouroboros graces the screens … wings/tenthousanddays unspeakably truthful, and yet still some refuse even an ounce of reverence. laser lights guide the inner eye to focus; sympathy turns to empathy for those willing to explore their own hearts: a shared pounding at the gate of heaven for all inspiring figures gone before. (a tear perhaps, or two, for a personal hero’s passing.)

“feel inspired to, fathom the power to, witness the beauty to…”

the familiar virtuousic opening notes of lateralus energize active participants in this consciousness-experiment; pushing towards awareness, all are caught up and lifted with the sheer force of sound in this attempt to spiral out. eyes riveted by the scene, mind opens wide …

“pull your head on out your head, please, and give a listen.”

vicarious may truly rival all other attempts at visual impact. white noise and green laser lights enclose the stage; justin and adam stare out as if caged. the band a visual parody of themselves—idolized, pedastalized entertainers calling the fans out on their bullshit: a life vicarious and falsely lived. a song not without hope: the information imparted forces a meaningful impetus to action for reflective listeners.

“some say the end is near…”

a single expectant shout from seating—aenima!; an immediate reply—f-a-n-tastic. (could he have heard …?) nothing more pertinent now than this farseeing, decade-old song; the world cannot abide this life of illness longer. fret for warming trends, fret for carbon emissions, fret for violent consumption and violent storms, fret for careless ambivalence, fret for all this trash, fret for recylables discarded thoughtlessly in the grass.

Last edited by actualize_epiphanies; 05-13-2007 at 05:31 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Torthlert's Avatar Torthlert
05-13-2007, 11:44 AM

Maynard sang, "The fallen and his had me down" instead of "The Devil and his had me down" on Jambi.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:44 AM   #21
Level 4 - Thinker

Maynard sang, "The fallen and his had me down" instead of "The Devil and his had me down" on Jambi.
05-13-2007, 05:25 PM

this was my 3rd tool show in wichita and as always the best one! FanTastic haha. i enjoyed the setlist because it actually felt like they put on a show and not just playing a bunch of songs with no feeling. cant wait for the next one! oh yeah fuck you to the kiddies sitting below me with their fucking cellphones messaging the WHOLE concert i mean come the fuck on your at a tool concert you dipfucks WATCH IT!!!! my chakras wanted to smack the fuck out of a bitch!! haha
Old 05-13-2007, 05:25 PM   #22
Level 2 - Poster

this was my 3rd tool show in wichita and as always the best one! FanTastic haha. i enjoyed the setlist because it actually felt like they put on a show and not just playing a bunch of songs with no feeling. cant wait for the next one! oh yeah fuck you to the kiddies sitting below me with their fucking cellphones messaging the WHOLE concert i mean come the fuck on your at a tool concert you dipfucks WATCH IT!!!! my chakras wanted to smack the fuck out of a bitch!! haha
OFFLINE |  
jall's Avatar jall
05-13-2007, 08:55 PM

pretty standard show, the Coliseum (as always) had terrible acoustics. Maynard seemed to be a bit low on volume - especially during Rosetta Stoned other than that the band seemed spot on. Enjoyed the extended version of Lateralus - not much else to say sadly no fun maynardisms just a simple "fantastic" easily the worst of the three shows i've seen them on this tour, but still better than anyone else.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:55 PM   #23
Level 3 - Talker

pretty standard show, the Coliseum (as always) had terrible acoustics. Maynard seemed to be a bit low on volume - especially during Rosetta Stoned other than that the band seemed spot on. Enjoyed the extended version of Lateralus - not much else to say sadly no fun maynardisms just a simple "fantastic" easily the worst of the three shows i've seen them on this tour, but still better than anyone else.
OFFLINE |  
phnx's Avatar phnx
05-13-2007, 11:21 PM

Really? His playing certainly didn't show it...

I'd say that the lab coat deal might be something that just came naturally. In looking for a way to expand the visual experience, include the stage floor. And everything else just fit in place from there.

I can't complain about the setlist. Keys\Stoned is too deep to start with. I love seeing it, so amazing. They start and end with the shorter "Rock" songs, and in the middle they can toy with the more fringe songs. Not to compare, but Keys\Stoned is the "Third Eye" of 10000 Days, and alot of people...can't...? fully appreciate those songs. Start the show with 2/3rds energy, with a long, slow decline, followed by a rapid rise at the end. As evidenced by closing with Aenema. What other song could they end with that would get even similar energy? Between Stinkfist (something kinda sad...), Keys, Stoned, Intension, Ri2, Wings, 10KD, and Aenema. I was satisfied. My high point being Wings/10K. It hurts listening to the studio version, Tool is magnatudes better in the flesh.

Far more than I meant to say. Thanks for reading.

-outtie-

EDIT:: Oh, and Ri2, how could I forget that!?! I was sad that wasn't included at Kemper. That made it all that much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatWithAGatt View Post

I was wondering about that. the possibility of a DVD gets more real as time goes by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakX View Post

Last edited by paraflux; 05-14-2007 at 05:17 AM..
Old 05-13-2007, 11:21 PM   #24
Level 3 - Talker

Really? His playing certainly didn't show it...

I'd say that the lab coat deal might be something that just came naturally. In looking for a way to expand the visual experience, include the stage floor. And everything else just fit in place from there.

I can't complain about the setlist. Keys\Stoned is too deep to start with. I love seeing it, so amazing. They start and end with the shorter "Rock" songs, and in the middle they can toy with the more fringe songs. Not to compare, but Keys\Stoned is the "Third Eye" of 10000 Days, and alot of people...can't...? fully appreciate those songs. Start the show with 2/3rds energy, with a long, slow decline, followed by a rapid rise at the end. As evidenced by closing with Aenema. What other song could they end with that would get even similar energy? Between Stinkfist (something kinda sad...), Keys, Stoned, Intension, Ri2, Wings, 10KD, and Aenema. I was satisfied. My high point being Wings/10K. It hurts listening to the studio version, Tool is magnatudes better in the flesh.

Far more than I meant to say. Thanks for reading.

-outtie-

EDIT:: Oh, and Ri2, how could I forget that!?! I was sad that wasn't included at Kemper. That made it all that much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatWithAGatt View Post

I was wondering about that. the possibility of a DVD gets more real as time goes by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakX View Post

Last edited by paraflux; 05-14-2007 at 05:17 AM..
OFFLINE |  
HCjarric
05-14-2007, 07:31 AM

Tool tore it up as usual. People behind me didn't like the fact I was standing at a concert, but at least they were nice about asking me to move to the stairs, or sit down. Took a few pictures on my phone, but I have no pictures from any of the 7 tool shows I've seen, so figured I'd get a few. Sorry if this was an inconvenience to anyone nearby. Like everyone else has said, Tool has made some minor improvements to the stage show. I won't complain about the setlist, other than saying I would like to hear some older stuff, but it seems everyone is saying that.
As far as the the city and venue. The venue was decent. The drinking situation was just stupid. I should be able to drink a beer wherever I want to. I've never heard of a place having designated drinking areas because its an all ages show. I'm sure when they have the hockey games/sporting events in that place, they let you drink wherever you want. This wasn't really that big of a deal, all it did was save me money and lose money for them.
Had a run in with the Wichita Police after the show, and they were the biggest pieces of shit I've ever ran into. They took full advantage of their authority. Thought arresting my friend for having 2 joints on him and leaving him at the SCPD for 8 hours was giving us a break. Threatened to take all 5 of us in even though the other 4 of us had nothing on us. You'd think these Barney Phife clones would be more worried about drunk drivers, saving lives, etc. then someone holding a little pot. Every other time I've been in that situation the cop would confiscate the pot and let us go on our way because they had more important things to do than harass a stoner that has less then an 1/8 of pot. Not these guys. We were trying to talk to them like normal, cooperative people and these dicksacks still had the nerve to get in my female friend's face and yell at her until she came to tears. Real tough guys, making a girl cry. These 2 dipshits probably thought they were doing quite the service to their community when they were through with us. I understand pot is illegal, but come on. I'm sure people in Wichita aren't as closed minded and full of themselves as these cops were, but I'm never going back or putting another dime into that shithole of a city.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:31 AM   #25
Level 2 - Poster

Tool tore it up as usual. People behind me didn't like the fact I was standing at a concert, but at least they were nice about asking me to move to the stairs, or sit down. Took a few pictures on my phone, but I have no pictures from any of the 7 tool shows I've seen, so figured I'd get a few. Sorry if this was an inconvenience to anyone nearby. Like everyone else has said, Tool has made some minor improvements to the stage show. I won't complain about the setlist, other than saying I would like to hear some older stuff, but it seems everyone is saying that.
As far as the the city and venue. The venue was decent. The drinking situation was just stupid. I should be able to drink a beer wherever I want to. I've never heard of a place having designated drinking areas because its an all ages show. I'm sure when they have the hockey games/sporting events in that place, they let you drink wherever you want. This wasn't really that big of a deal, all it did was save me money and lose money for them.
Had a run in with the Wichita Police after the show, and they were the biggest pieces of shit I've ever ran into. They took full advantage of their authority. Thought arresting my friend for having 2 joints on him and leaving him at the SCPD for 8 hours was giving us a break. Threatened to take all 5 of us in even though the other 4 of us had nothing on us. You'd think these Barney Phife clones would be more worried about drunk drivers, saving lives, etc. then someone holding a little pot. Every other time I've been in that situation the cop would confiscate the pot and let us go on our way because they had more important things to do than harass a stoner that has less then an 1/8 of pot. Not these guys. We were trying to talk to them like normal, cooperative people and these dicksacks still had the nerve to get in my female friend's face and yell at her until she came to tears. Real tough guys, making a girl cry. These 2 dipshits probably thought they were doing quite the service to their community when they were through with us. I understand pot is illegal, but come on. I'm sure people in Wichita aren't as closed minded and full of themselves as these cops were, but I'm never going back or putting another dime into that shithole of a city.
OFFLINE |  
rand()%0
05-14-2007, 09:01 AM

first tool show ever :) kicked ass, most epic thing I've ever seen...
I was the dude with the afro and the Diamond Being alex grey shirt, sitting against the back wall on the floor most the time... some guy came sat down next to me for a bit and then was like "you ever drop acid and then like 20 minutes later you're at a tool show?" which was exactly what I was thinking.

setlist left out Intension teaser inbetween stinkfist and 46&2, I think, and the whole eyeball/spaceship sequence inbetween right in two and wings, and I heard the viginiti tres breathing in between 10k days and lateralus

sound quality was a little weak, it was loud as fuck, but hard to differentiate from the back, maynard's mike was too low, but he didn't seem very on, musically...

Quote:
eh, if you've trained yourself to hear the lyrics on the CD, it wasn't too hard to pick them out

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOLwrench View Post
There were a couple hot ass honeys there tonight too ooooooooweeeee!
yeah one of them was hitting on me right in front of her boyfriend :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbong View Post
did anyone notice during wings they kind of fell apart, rhythmically they were on but justin and maynard kept coming in at awkward moments, like they were two beats off...
yeah they had a little trouble, and the laser show was off during vicarious, when it was trying to sync up with "why can't we just admit it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony4007 View Post
oh yeah fuck you to the kiddies sitting below me with their fucking cellphones messaging the WHOLE concert
um, I had a cell phone out like at the beginning of every other song, typing in the setlist...

The laser show was fucking awesome, just beautiful during wings, and I forget when it was that they upped the flicker speed to create a solid plane of light and then did the cloud cover with the smoke machines, I mean they could just make a holographic video screen above the crowd if they worked out the logistics

The videos explained all kinds of shit that never really clicked before.. schism's obviously about the mind-body split, I always thought it was from like a global perspective, which it may still be, anyway... the quick image clicking on rosetta stoned was awesome, the pyramid and the nine-planet screen straight out of circuit 8, and then saturn during the 12 against 5 section... lateralus was amazing, the extended drum solo, and the eyeball/double-helix visual

meh, until bonnaroo --
--Deej
Old 05-14-2007, 09:01 AM   #26
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

first tool show ever :) kicked ass, most epic thing I've ever seen...
I was the dude with the afro and the Diamond Being alex grey shirt, sitting against the back wall on the floor most the time... some guy came sat down next to me for a bit and then was like "you ever drop acid and then like 20 minutes later you're at a tool show?" which was exactly what I was thinking.

setlist left out Intension teaser inbetween stinkfist and 46&2, I think, and the whole eyeball/spaceship sequence inbetween right in two and wings, and I heard the viginiti tres breathing in between 10k days and lateralus

sound quality was a little weak, it was loud as fuck, but hard to differentiate from the back, maynard's mike was too low, but he didn't seem very on, musically...

Quote:
eh, if you've trained yourself to hear the lyrics on the CD, it wasn't too hard to pick them out

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOLwrench View Post
There were a couple hot ass honeys there tonight too ooooooooweeeee!
yeah one of them was hitting on me right in front of her boyfriend :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbong View Post
did anyone notice during wings they kind of fell apart, rhythmically they were on but justin and maynard kept coming in at awkward moments, like they were two beats off...
yeah they had a little trouble, and the laser show was off during vicarious, when it was trying to sync up with "why can't we just admit it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony4007 View Post
oh yeah fuck you to the kiddies sitting below me with their fucking cellphones messaging the WHOLE concert
um, I had a cell phone out like at the beginning of every other song, typing in the setlist...

The laser show was fucking awesome, just beautiful during wings, and I forget when it was that they upped the flicker speed to create a solid plane of light and then did the cloud cover with the smoke machines, I mean they could just make a holographic video screen above the crowd if they worked out the logistics

The videos explained all kinds of shit that never really clicked before.. schism's obviously about the mind-body split, I always thought it was from like a global perspective, which it may still be, anyway... the quick image clicking on rosetta stoned was awesome, the pyramid and the nine-planet screen straight out of circuit 8, and then saturn during the 12 against 5 section... lateralus was amazing, the extended drum solo, and the eyeball/double-helix visual

meh, until bonnaroo --
--Deej
OFFLINE |  
antegravite
05-14-2007, 09:45 AM

for those of you who have been to previous shows of this tour, does anyone know why they chose to have a different light show? i went and saw them in d.c. back in september, and the light show was different. they had fiber optic lights behind the stage and the entire stage was made of screens including the back wall, whereas at this show they had just 5 screens and lights projecting onto the stage. im not complaining, cause this show was just as good as the other that i saw, it was just different. extended version of lateralus blew my freakin mind.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:45 AM   #27
Level 1 - Lurker

for those of you who have been to previous shows of this tour, does anyone know why they chose to have a different light show? i went and saw them in d.c. back in september, and the light show was different. they had fiber optic lights behind the stage and the entire stage was made of screens including the back wall, whereas at this show they had just 5 screens and lights projecting onto the stage. im not complaining, cause this show was just as good as the other that i saw, it was just different. extended version of lateralus blew my freakin mind.
OFFLINE |  
rrcell's Avatar rrcell
05-14-2007, 06:02 PM

3RD TOOL SHOW SINCE MAY 8TH, 2006 DALLAS TEXAS (MCFARLAND AUDITORIUM). HAD FLOOR TICKETS BUT SAT DIRECTLY ACROSS FROM STAGE FIRST ROW OFF THE FLOOR. VENUE WAS OK BUT ALL SEATS WERE GEN ADMISSION. CROWD SUCKED TOTALLY. EVERYONE AROUND ME WAS SITTING DOWN. I KNOW IM NOT THE ONLY FAN THAT GETS INTO THIS BAND WHEN THEY PLAY LIVE. I THOUGHT THE SOUND WASNT AS CLEAR AS THE LAST TWO SHOWS I HAD BEEN TO. EVERYONE WAS SITTING DOWN? I DIDNT BELIEVE WHAT I WAS SEEING.

WE GOT THERE AROUND 3:30 PM EXPECTING A LONG LINE (SINCE IT WAS GEN ADMISSION) WE WERE FIRST IN LINE WHICH WAS ONE OF MANY ENTRANCES.

SECURITY WAS COOL AND THE SHOW WAS AMAZING. NEW IMAGES ON THE SCREENS. LAST TIME I SAW THEM WAS SEPT 15 2006 AND THE SCREENS WERE SHORTER. NEW ROSETTA STONED IMAGES WERE THE MOTHER FUCKING SHIT. ROSETTA STONED IS AWESOME EVERYTIME. BUT I DO AGREE THAT LOSTY KEYS THEN ROSETTA STONED WOULD HAVE GOTTEN THINGS GOING A BIT FASTER.

WAS IT JUST ME OR DID JAMBI SEEM SLOWER THAN USUAL?

MY WIFES FIRST TOOL SHOW AND SHE WAS MEZMERIZED THE WHOLE NIGHT AND HAS BEEN EVER SINCE. IT WAS OUR 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY AND WE CANT THINK OF ANY OTHER WAY TO SPEND BUT WITH MAYNARD AND THE BOYS.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH WHAT I HAVE READ ABOUT BEING SOBER WHEN YOU SEE THESE GUYS. GETTING FUCKED UP AND ACTING LIKE AN IDIOT IS FOR FAGGOTS WITH NO BRAINS AND SIMPLETONS THAT CAN NOT DEAL WITH REALITY.

WE DONT PARTY AND WOULD FEEL LIKE WE CHEATED OURSELVES IF WE COULDNT REMEMBER SUCH A SPIRITUAL AND MAGICAL NIGHT.

THANK YOU TOOL FOR AN EXCELLENT EVENING AND CANT WAIT UNTIL YOU GUYS ARE HERE IN OKC ON MAY 19TH.

MUCH RESPECT..

Last edited by rrcell; 05-14-2007 at 06:19 PM..
Old 05-14-2007, 06:02 PM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

3RD TOOL SHOW SINCE MAY 8TH, 2006 DALLAS TEXAS (MCFARLAND AUDITORIUM). HAD FLOOR TICKETS BUT SAT DIRECTLY ACROSS FROM STAGE FIRST ROW OFF THE FLOOR. VENUE WAS OK BUT ALL SEATS WERE GEN ADMISSION. CROWD SUCKED TOTALLY. EVERYONE AROUND ME WAS SITTING DOWN. I KNOW IM NOT THE ONLY FAN THAT GETS INTO THIS BAND WHEN THEY PLAY LIVE. I THOUGHT THE SOUND WASNT AS CLEAR AS THE LAST TWO SHOWS I HAD BEEN TO. EVERYONE WAS SITTING DOWN? I DIDNT BELIEVE WHAT I WAS SEEING.

WE GOT THERE AROUND 3:30 PM EXPECTING A LONG LINE (SINCE IT WAS GEN ADMISSION) WE WERE FIRST IN LINE WHICH WAS ONE OF MANY ENTRANCES.

SECURITY WAS COOL AND THE SHOW WAS AMAZING. NEW IMAGES ON THE SCREENS. LAST TIME I SAW THEM WAS SEPT 15 2006 AND THE SCREENS WERE SHORTER. NEW ROSETTA STONED IMAGES WERE THE MOTHER FUCKING SHIT. ROSETTA STONED IS AWESOME EVERYTIME. BUT I DO AGREE THAT LOSTY KEYS THEN ROSETTA STONED WOULD HAVE GOTTEN THINGS GOING A BIT FASTER.

WAS IT JUST ME OR DID JAMBI SEEM SLOWER THAN USUAL?

MY WIFES FIRST TOOL SHOW AND SHE WAS MEZMERIZED THE WHOLE NIGHT AND HAS BEEN EVER SINCE. IT WAS OUR 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY AND WE CANT THINK OF ANY OTHER WAY TO SPEND BUT WITH MAYNARD AND THE BOYS.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH WHAT I HAVE READ ABOUT BEING SOBER WHEN YOU SEE THESE GUYS. GETTING FUCKED UP AND ACTING LIKE AN IDIOT IS FOR FAGGOTS WITH NO BRAINS AND SIMPLETONS THAT CAN NOT DEAL WITH REALITY.

WE DONT PARTY AND WOULD FEEL LIKE WE CHEATED OURSELVES IF WE COULDNT REMEMBER SUCH A SPIRITUAL AND MAGICAL NIGHT.

THANK YOU TOOL FOR AN EXCELLENT EVENING AND CANT WAIT UNTIL YOU GUYS ARE HERE IN OKC ON MAY 19TH.

MUCH RESPECT..

Last edited by rrcell; 05-14-2007 at 06:19 PM..
OFFLINE |  
DDoedtman
05-18-2007, 01:31 AM

This was my 6th show, came down from KC with some friends.

Kinski grew on me as they went on. I can understand why Tool would choose them to open.

I got real excited when Tool did the extended part in Schism. Anything they do that's different from the album is always reason to cream your pants. I also liked the fake-out not-extended version of Stinkfist. Maynard typically says Oklahoma Bay at these shows, but this time it was just Arizona Bay.

And it was over way too quickly.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:31 AM   #29
Level 3 - Talker

This was my 6th show, came down from KC with some friends.

Kinski grew on me as they went on. I can understand why Tool would choose them to open.

I got real excited when Tool did the extended part in Schism. Anything they do that's different from the album is always reason to cream your pants. I also liked the fake-out not-extended version of Stinkfist. Maynard typically says Oklahoma Bay at these shows, but this time it was just Arizona Bay.

And it was over way too quickly.
OFFLINE |  
Smalkmus
05-20-2007, 09:05 AM

This was only my second show.

The show was not great. The sound was really terrible. It sounded muddy and quiet. I could hear people talking all around me while the band was playing during the loudest parts of songs. The other time I saw Tool, the band was so loud you could hear nothing but the music, yet the sound was so crisp you could hear every lyric and note clearly.

The visuals were also pretty weak because of the venue, the lasers were all jacked up by the rafters and the stage didn't show the effects very well either

Overall, I'd say it was 80% of the blame goes to the venue contributing to the bad sound. About 10% of the blame goes to the fans who didn't seem as into it as the other show I saw. The other 10% of the blame goes to the band because they didn't really seem into it. There were several times when the timing was off and maynard seemed like he'd rather be taking a nap than singing.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:05 AM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

This was only my second show.

The show was not great. The sound was really terrible. It sounded muddy and quiet. I could hear people talking all around me while the band was playing during the loudest parts of songs. The other time I saw Tool, the band was so loud you could hear nothing but the music, yet the sound was so crisp you could hear every lyric and note clearly.

The visuals were also pretty weak because of the venue, the lasers were all jacked up by the rafters and the stage didn't show the effects very well either

Overall, I'd say it was 80% of the blame goes to the venue contributing to the bad sound. About 10% of the blame goes to the fans who didn't seem as into it as the other show I saw. The other 10% of the blame goes to the band because they didn't really seem into it. There were several times when the timing was off and maynard seemed like he'd rather be taking a nap than singing.
OFFLINE |  
gunsmokex
05-24-2007, 01:00 AM

This was my 7th Tool show and the 2nd time I had seen them in Witchita. All in all a Tool show is always a great show, someone said somthing about a Tool being like sex, even when its bad its good.

I have to say I still cannot figure out why the sound sounded like it did. The 1st show in Witchita was amazing (top of my list), this show was the exact opposite (dead last on my list). I went with 2 friends who had never seen a Tool show before, one of them hadn't even been to a concert since Aerosmith like 10-15 yrs ago, so I was hoping for better sound than what they had, it just flat out sucked (the sound). I realize that some of the songs were very technical and some songs Maynard's voice is toned down on purpose but we could just barely hear him during parts of the song when I knew we were supposed to hearing him. It was not a crisp sounding as compared to the 1st Witchita show and many times the band seemed offbeat. They did a lot of stuff with feedback which was cool but it didn't mesh with the band as a whole and they were not in sync with each other at various times.

The intermission was very cool though I always love to see all of those lighters. The begginning and the end of the show the sound was a little more on and IMO was the best of the show. As for the crowd it doesn't make much sense to me that if someone wants to stand up and dance and have a good time they have to move to the aisle? I've never seen so many people sitting at a Tool show as this one. As for the tokers that's their choice, they'll do what they want, its not really your job to enforce your values upon them.

What was up with the 8:30 start time? I found that odd. The stage was different than last time (the panels were on the ground as well last time) and the lasers were slightly different as well. The sound really ruined that show though I think what boils down to is its just a bad venue to do that type of show at, and with the acoutics it just does not work. Either that or Tool needs new sound technicians while in Witchita. I think Maynard said "Fan-tastic" sarcastically. I don't think I'll drive the 8hrs again to Witchita, I just have too many gripes about that venue. And the seperate beer garden is a joke, not to mention you can't buy ice at a liquor store to decrease drinking and driving? Lol, just make it a dry state already.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:00 AM   #31
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my 7th Tool show and the 2nd time I had seen them in Witchita. All in all a Tool show is always a great show, someone said somthing about a Tool being like sex, even when its bad its good.

I have to say I still cannot figure out why the sound sounded like it did. The 1st show in Witchita was amazing (top of my list), this show was the exact opposite (dead last on my list). I went with 2 friends who had never seen a Tool show before, one of them hadn't even been to a concert since Aerosmith like 10-15 yrs ago, so I was hoping for better sound than what they had, it just flat out sucked (the sound). I realize that some of the songs were very technical and some songs Maynard's voice is toned down on purpose but we could just barely hear him during parts of the song when I knew we were supposed to hearing him. It was not a crisp sounding as compared to the 1st Witchita show and many times the band seemed offbeat. They did a lot of stuff with feedback which was cool but it didn't mesh with the band as a whole and they were not in sync with each other at various times.

The intermission was very cool though I always love to see all of those lighters. The begginning and the end of the show the sound was a little more on and IMO was the best of the show. As for the crowd it doesn't make much sense to me that if someone wants to stand up and dance and have a good time they have to move to the aisle? I've never seen so many people sitting at a Tool show as this one. As for the tokers that's their choice, they'll do what they want, its not really your job to enforce your values upon them.

What was up with the 8:30 start time? I found that odd. The stage was different than last time (the panels were on the ground as well last time) and the lasers were slightly different as well. The sound really ruined that show though I think what boils down to is its just a bad venue to do that type of show at, and with the acoutics it just does not work. Either that or Tool needs new sound technicians while in Witchita. I think Maynard said "Fan-tastic" sarcastically. I don't think I'll drive the 8hrs again to Witchita, I just have too many gripes about that venue. And the seperate beer garden is a joke, not to mention you can't buy ice at a liquor store to decrease drinking and driving? Lol, just make it a dry state already.
OFFLINE |  
stephenwo
05-25-2007, 05:07 AM

Best show yet. Crowd kinda blew but it was so damn loud!
Old 05-25-2007, 05:07 AM   #32
Level 1 - Lurker

Best show yet. Crowd kinda blew but it was so damn loud!
OFFLINE |  
nucknfuts
05-25-2007, 08:54 AM

As always, Tool put on a great show. Awesome visuals. Not quite as many lasers as when they played in Kansas City last year but still cool none the less.

The seating was weird. Everything was general admission except floor seats. You just sat where you could find a seat. Very odd but it worked. Nobody tried to take my seat for once! I guess it was because nobody knew if a seat was taken or being saved for somebody. I missed the good seat scramble though. If I would have known, I would have got there earlier. Dang it!

This was my 3rd Tool show and I still love Tool. They are the best in concert. Everyone around me mostly was sitting down. Kinda made my time suck but I tried not to let that bother me. The sound was not real great either but that was just Wichita I think. "Fan-tastic!" I don't think it was sarcasm. That's more than he said at the last show I went to I think. It's all a part of the packaging.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:54 AM   #33
Level 1 - Lurker

As always, Tool put on a great show. Awesome visuals. Not quite as many lasers as when they played in Kansas City last year but still cool none the less.

The seating was weird. Everything was general admission except floor seats. You just sat where you could find a seat. Very odd but it worked. Nobody tried to take my seat for once! I guess it was because nobody knew if a seat was taken or being saved for somebody. I missed the good seat scramble though. If I would have known, I would have got there earlier. Dang it!

This was my 3rd Tool show and I still love Tool. They are the best in concert. Everyone around me mostly was sitting down. Kinda made my time suck but I tried not to let that bother me. The sound was not real great either but that was just Wichita I think. "Fan-tastic!" I don't think it was sarcasm. That's more than he said at the last show I went to I think. It's all a part of the packaging.
OFFLINE |  
oracle's Avatar oracle
06-24-2007, 04:48 PM

monkey, ripping off monkey ripping of monkey over $43.00 for a fuckin t shirt. Kind of hard to get into the spirit of RIGHT IN TWO after that ream job. Other than that, my 1st Tool concert... it was great!!!! I LOVED IT. Seemed like they messed up a little during 10,000 days, but I guess that is to be expected since it is a new song and has probably not been played live alot. Since I no longer do any drugs, I did not really like the "sound effects" part of the concert, but Lateralus was just awesome, my fave song of the whole night. I will definately be going again should they come this way again
"The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

--George Carlin
Old 06-24-2007, 04:48 PM   #34

Bincount™: 5

monkey, ripping off monkey ripping of monkey over $43.00 for a fuckin t shirt. Kind of hard to get into the spirit of RIGHT IN TWO after that ream job. Other than that, my 1st Tool concert... it was great!!!! I LOVED IT. Seemed like they messed up a little during 10,000 days, but I guess that is to be expected since it is a new song and has probably not been played live alot. Since I no longer do any drugs, I did not really like the "sound effects" part of the concert, but Lateralus was just awesome, my fave song of the whole night. I will definately be going again should they come this way again
"The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

--George Carlin
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply