opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Forum Feedback » Feedback
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 12-05-2002, 05:39 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
tool trading vhs/cdr section

Hey folks, there are some people that do understand
the right way of trading shows, "bootlegging" to alot is considered a illegal act due to the fact that there is money in exchange for a taped show... I do not along with alot of other tool fans do this, we trade a show for a show, maybe two at a time, this does not take away from the artist ability to loose any control of their art, thus I am here to ask if something could be made for fellow tool fans for a forum to trade shows without a profit being made, i am sure within time more people will sign up knowin that theres a section to where they can trade a Las Vegas98 show for a Bakersfield02 show with ease, just a thought, and would like to read feedback of this, thanks space cadets
Old 12-05-2002, 09:14 PM   #2
dan
tool fan

Bincount™: 33962
well, let me ask you a question.

if you have to trade someone another show for a show you want, isn't that just like BUYING said show?

this has been brought up before and the general concensus between the mods/admins is that it promotes bootlegging and is "heaven for ebay whores", meaning people would trade shows then sell them on ebay.

besides, this is the OPINION section, not the >>BOOTLEGGING HERE<< section :)
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-05-2002, 09:25 PM   #3
meh.

Bincount™: 1074
Re: tool trading vhs/cdr section

The Tool trading community is fairly open to newcomers - especially if you have something that you taped or filmed, and is something that is hard to come by. All you have to do is find one of them and ask for a list of other traders. It's really quite simple.

My personal opinion is that the Tool trading community should remain as-is. They have a hard enough time doing their part to keep live Tool recordings off of eBay and other sale/auction sites -- opening trading to anyone and everyone reading this forums would counter these efforts.

For the same reasons, almost all of the offers in these forums for trades and sales have been edited out or removed completely.

Don't think there's a problem? Just search for "Tool Live" on eBay and see how many matches you get.

I don't like it as much as the next guy, but there are dishonest people out there with no conscious who are only interested in making money from someone else's work. That's why there is no trading section here.

If you really want to get into trading, search google for some of the more active Tool traders. They're generally more than happy to point you in the right direction.

I know this is a case of the minority ruining it for everyone else, but that's just how it has to be sometimes. Sorry.

Thanks.
Chris Brightwell // moderator
Old 12-13-2002, 07:41 AM   #4
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3
Agree

I agree 100% with Chris. I am an active trader of Tool shows myself, i have a website and am part of Tool trading webrings. There are traders out there who do it honestly and the way its ment to be, not lik e-bay. I myself have tried to start a campain to e-mail the e-bay members buying Tool shows (sometmes for 40-50 bucks) letting them know that they are being taken advantage of, and that that same cd is avilable for no money through a trade at the link i send them...... its a shame so many people are ripped off, but for the record, i will not trade with anyone who sells boolegs at all.
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-15-2002, 08:28 PM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

the follow-up with corrections

to clear up any one who might have takin that in the wrong text here is the following:

i do not bootleg
i do trade with no money exchanging
i do not sale/buy any shows
i do believe/like/support the tool trading ring, my thoughts was to add a room in this opinion room(s), i was not in any way sayin i accept the sellin tapes shows on personal websites and on big name ones. i myself tryed to stop this as well... free trade.
Old 12-15-2002, 09:50 PM   #6
dan
tool fan

Bincount™: 33962
no matter how noble your intentions for a trading forum would be, it would inevitably become a haven for the wrong type of behaviour.
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-16-2002, 04:11 PM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

yes Dan, i totally understand what you mean, i just didnt
want the ones that come in here and see that first post to get
the wrnog ideas of what i was saying, so i wrote the follow-up, but it didnt hurt to ask.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: