Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
BlanketEffect's Avatar BlanketEffect
10-27-2006, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool fan View Post
Agreed. But I have to say AIC is my #2 all time favorite band and the album Dirt is probably the second best album of the 90's behind AEnima. Too bad they flamed out.
Indeed. All of their albums, really. Not a bad thing made by them, imo.

Self-affirming? Oxymoronic. We are all one mind
Old 10-27-2006, 11:21 AM   #201
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 16
Re: How has Tool affected your outlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool fan View Post
Agreed. But I have to say AIC is my #2 all time favorite band and the album Dirt is probably the second best album of the 90's behind AEnima. Too bad they flamed out.
Indeed. All of their albums, really. Not a bad thing made by them, imo.

OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Sp00k's Avatar Sp00k
10-27-2006, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
For example, I love Alice in Chains and think that they are amazing in all respects - however, there is something about it that let's me know that they are no Pink Floyd or Tool. This is true for most great bands. They are very good, but not quite on *the level*
Agreed. I went to the AIC show here in Dallas about a month ago and it was an awesome show, even with no Layne and Duval singing. Duval does a fuckin awesome job btw. But to compare it with a Tool show just isn't fair to AIC. Kinda like trying to compare sex with Jenna Jameson to masterbating to an early 80's Ron Jeremy flick. 2 different levels of entertainment. ;)
Old 10-27-2006, 04:46 PM   #202
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
For example, I love Alice in Chains and think that they are amazing in all respects - however, there is something about it that let's me know that they are no Pink Floyd or Tool. This is true for most great bands. They are very good, but not quite on *the level*
Agreed. I went to the AIC show here in Dallas about a month ago and it was an awesome show, even with no Layne and Duval singing. Duval does a fuckin awesome job btw. But to compare it with a Tool show just isn't fair to AIC. Kinda like trying to compare sex with Jenna Jameson to masterbating to an early 80's Ron Jeremy flick. 2 different levels of entertainment. ;)
BlanketEffect's Avatar BlanketEffect
10-27-2006, 06:41 PM

Well, I'd give AiC a bit more credit than a Ron Jeremy flick... but yeah... yeah.

Old 10-27-2006, 06:41 PM   #203
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 16

Well, I'd give AiC a bit more credit than a Ron Jeremy flick... but yeah... yeah.

benjamin's Avatar benjamin
10-27-2006, 08:20 PM

After reading like 3 or so of these "enlightenment experience" threads. I've firmly decided to not leave another one until I shout my respect at the auther. Blanket your post is courageous and inspirational. It takes courage not just to post your thoughts, but to be able to look at yourself and find the words to express what you've felt. It's also inspiring to know that one more mind has freed itself from shackles. (heads bow in unison)

Peace.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:20 PM   #204
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 27

After reading like 3 or so of these "enlightenment experience" threads. I've firmly decided to not leave another one until I shout my respect at the auther. Blanket your post is courageous and inspirational. It takes courage not just to post your thoughts, but to be able to look at yourself and find the words to express what you've felt. It's also inspiring to know that one more mind has freed itself from shackles. (heads bow in unison)

Peace.
10-27-2006, 08:23 PM

I think we're like the only two that have our pictures posted in our profile...

Shit, (How has Tool affected...) I should also address the thread Q. I guess I'm very luckey, as I've had the luxury of Tools' music (since Undertow) basically encompassing my entire adult life experience. As one example; I was actually, upon release of AEnema, going through H myself. My eventual wife (unconditional soulmate) and I had recently split (I think we were apart for about 2 months), and I had the opportunity to endulge myself in soulmate-numro-two. I'm incredibly happy now that the events lead in the same direction of the song; "I am too connected to slip away, fade away. <soulmate # 1) "days away I still feel you touching me, changing me and..."<soulmate # 2) ...I was soo twisted then, H was the only song I wanted to hear, but it was gutwrenching everytime. In the end though, what a luckey man that gets to pay homage to BOTH the women he's loved. Another thing Tool has lead me to realize, is that I am very luckey, and to NEVER take for granted the cushy upbringing I was afforded..."Dumbass belligerant fucker, I hope it sucks you!" =Yeah I dabbled in...nearly drown...but then I remembered (epifinized(?), that "HEY! YOU SUBURBAN PUNK FUCKER WANNA BE HOODLUM...BETTER REALIZE WHAT THE FUCK IS GOIN ON IN THE WORLD!!"
And then, there came Lateralus...my life was parabol/a.

Peace.

Last edited by benjamin; 10-28-2006 at 01:28 PM..
Old 10-27-2006, 08:23 PM   #205
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 27

I think we're like the only two that have our pictures posted in our profile...

Shit, (How has Tool affected...) I should also address the thread Q. I guess I'm very luckey, as I've had the luxury of Tools' music (since Undertow) basically encompassing my entire adult life experience. As one example; I was actually, upon release of AEnema, going through H myself. My eventual wife (unconditional soulmate) and I had recently split (I think we were apart for about 2 months), and I had the opportunity to endulge myself in soulmate-numro-two. I'm incredibly happy now that the events lead in the same direction of the song; "I am too connected to slip away, fade away. <soulmate # 1) "days away I still feel you touching me, changing me and..."<soulmate # 2) ...I was soo twisted then, H was the only song I wanted to hear, but it was gutwrenching everytime. In the end though, what a luckey man that gets to pay homage to BOTH the women he's loved. Another thing Tool has lead me to realize, is that I am very luckey, and to NEVER take for granted the cushy upbringing I was afforded..."Dumbass belligerant fucker, I hope it sucks you!" =Yeah I dabbled in...nearly drown...but then I remembered (epifinized(?), that "HEY! YOU SUBURBAN PUNK FUCKER WANNA BE HOODLUM...BETTER REALIZE WHAT THE FUCK IS GOIN ON IN THE WORLD!!"
And then, there came Lateralus...my life was parabol/a.

Peace.

Last edited by benjamin; 10-28-2006 at 01:28 PM..

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply