opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » 13. Faaip de Oiad
User Name
Password
Old 11-30-2002, 10:23 AM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Good Lord, it's a hoax people.

Like I say in most of my other posts, read the FAQ. This guy called the Art Bell radio show (www.artbell.com) and told them what is exactly on the album. What Tool has to do with it, I have no idea.
short wave dictator launches the blitzkrieg upon your frontal lobe the unexpected siege of the fortress thought impenetrable "world peace" just a few elusive frequencies away for there is no enslavement more absolute than unconscious enslavement.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 10:09 AM   #2
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 75
Re: Good Lord, it's a hoax people.

Quote:
Originally posted by hateandvaseline
Like I say in most of my other posts, read the FAQ. This guy called the Art Bell radio show (www.artbell.com) and told them what is exactly on the album. What Tool has to do with it, I have no idea.
Well, Tool has nothing to do with it - you've got that part down. But if you read my last post regarding Planet X/Nibiru and that phone call, then you'd understand.

Of course, there are some people that do believe the government may have gotten a hold of that man that called into the show - and hypnotized him, and told him to call in and say it was a hoax. I personally do not believe in any of this nonsense - but if it happens, it happens...won't I be one angry person when I found out I'm wrong.

- Cheers, the bringer of basses
Old 12-02-2002, 10:25 PM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

wow, some people really dont wanna let the Faaip de Oiad thing go eh??? it was a hoax people, cmon. its simply ludicrous to think that tool put that on there because they are privy to knowledge that the "average human" cant understand. Man, some people need to smoke an illegal substance and RELAX

Ghost
Old 12-03-2002, 10:56 AM   #4
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally posted by blueghost
wow, some people really dont wanna let the Faaip de Oiad thing go eh??? it was a hoax people, cmon. its simply ludicrous to think that tool put that on there because they are privy to knowledge that the "average human" cant understand. Man, some people need to smoke an illegal substance and RELAX

Ghost
If you are referring to me, then I am well aware that the thing is a hoax. I felt inclined to share the information I found about the phone call, and the whole Planet X thing - seeing as how the band had been talking about it. ..And if you're not referring to me (though I really can't see who else you would be talking about, at least on this thread), well then heh...don't I feel even more stupid.

As for the illegal substances, no thanks...don't do it. Got a big buzz off of it from the Tool concert in Phoenix, didn't care for it. lol..

Old 12-07-2002, 07:45 PM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Have you ever listened to Art Bell??

Quote:
Originally posted by bringerofbasses

Well, Tool has nothing to do with it - you've got that part down. But if you read my last post regarding Planet X/Nibiru and that phone call, then you'd understand.

Of course, there are some people that do believe the government may have gotten a hold of that man that called into the show - and hypnotized him, and told him to call in and say it was a hoax. I personally do not believe in any of this nonsense - but if it happens, it happens...won't I be one angry person when I found out I'm wrong.

Have you guys ever listened to the Art Bell show? I never realized what people will make up to get on the air during a national radio show. Before you turn Fox Mulder and go crazy looking for Aliens, you should really put that sound bite into context and listen to all the other nut jobs that call that show.
Old 12-09-2002, 10:40 AM   #6
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Re: Have you ever listened to Art Bell??

Quote:
Originally posted by jbeatty

Have you guys ever listened to the Art Bell show?
Negative - but don't get on me about it, I realize the whole thing is a hoax, but I'm just keeping another eye out on the whole connection. It's just something that interests me.

Old 12-11-2002, 01:19 AM   #7
Level 3 - Talker

aliens and the whole ufo conspiracy deal really interest me as well...but most people about this track are just trying to make themselves believe something that isnt real...if the thing was a hoax then it was a hoax...theres nothing more to it...i think tools connection with this is their infatuation with extraterrestrials and theyre existance...if i was in tool i wouldve done the same thing and put this track on the cd...look at all you people...trying to analyze every little piece of their music...i wouldve done it just to fuck with you and see what people had to say about it...but anyways...you cant make something into what its not.

"Keep Going."
Old 12-27-2002, 11:14 PM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

look..

Of course tool would do this to arouse curiosity, however, by a rumor saying that the people were "hypnotized" thats just plain ridiculous. I personally dont know where to stand on it. Developing a conclusion about the radio excerpt is very difficult. Instead of hypnotizing, maybe the people were forced to simply call in and say its a hoax, or maybe it wasnt even the same person at all. If i remember what i read correctly, the power was shut off to that entire block. That would take some connections for a big prank to be pulled like that...and why would you come out and say its a hoax? that would take all the fun out of it. Anyway, Im sure that when that person said that on the radio show, that all the listeners felt changed, and were witness to something they found to be amazing and revolutionary. Maybe thats what tool was trying to do for us, the listeners. If i hadn't read the FAQ, i would still be wondering about that, and where it came from. It seems that tool always has a desire to spark interest in their listeners. This adds to the mystery of the band, and helps focus on the music...not who the people are or where they live (like the people seen on MTV Cribs). I know i got really off subject on this...but my bottom line is that it could easily be seen as both, no one is right here because no one knows the person who did it.
Old 12-28-2002, 01:28 PM   #9
Banned.

Bincount™: 8
MAKES SENSE TO ME

I DON'T KNOW WHAT I BELIEVE IN BUT I'LL TRY TO TIE IN SOME THINGS THAT I'VE READ. I CAME ACROSS AN AUTHOR NAMED DAVID ICKE. HE HAS WRITTEN A LOT OF BOOKS ABOUT VIRTUALLY EVERY CONSPIRACY KNOWN TO MAN AND ABOUT HOW THEY ARE ALL CARRIED OUT BUY A GROUP OF BEINGS THAT HAVE HAD AN EFFECT ON ALLL CIVILIZATIONS SINCE THE SUMERIANS. tHEY ARE REPTILIAN LIKE INTERDIMENSIONARY BEINGS OR ALIENS. THEY ARE CONTROLING EVERYTHING. THIS AUTHOR EXPLAINS HOW WE CAN BREAK OUT OF THIER CONTROL THROUGH METHODS OF MEDITATION AND REALIZING WE ARE ALL ONE MIND. HE HAS DONE MUCH RESEARCH AND IT SHOWS THROUGH THE BORING SECTIONS OF HIS BOOKS WHEN HE FULLY EXAMINES CERTAIN PEOPLES BACKGROUNDS. READ THE REPTILIAN AGENDA.
THERE IS AN ARCHEAOLOGIST NAMED ZECHARIA ZITCHIN WHO TRANSLATES SUMERIAN TABLETS AND SAYS THAT THE SUMERIANS WERE TAUGHT WHAT THEY KNOW FROM BEINGS THAT CAME FROM THE SKY AND ONE TABLET DOES SHOW A MAP OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM WITH A THIRTEENTH PLANET, NIBIRU
THIS ALSO TIES IN WITH THE NECRONOMICON WHICH CONTAINS ORIGINAL SUMERIAN WORDS AND SPELLS TO CALL DEMONS, REPTILES AND SHIT MONSTERS OR WHATEVER
ANYWAY THE GUY FROM ART BELL'S SHOW CAN BE BACKED UP
I'M NOT SURE I BELIVE IN ALL OF IT BUT, HEY IT'S INTERESTING AND ENTERTAINING

P.S. THE GENESIS STORY OF CREATION ORIGINATED FROM THE SUMERIAN STORY OF CREATION AND SOME THINK THAT THE GOD THAT CREATED US IS SOME KIND OF ALIEN AND WE ARE IN IT'S LIKENESS
AFTER ALL WE HAVE REPTOID BRAINS AND SCALES OR SKIN

BY THE WAY EGYPTIANS USED THE SNAKE SYMBOL TO REPRESENT THE SPINAL COLUMN
MAYNARD HAS A SPINE TATOOED ON HIS BACK
MAYBE HE IS AN INTERDIMENSIONARY BEING

I'M GOING TO GO EAT A SANDWICH NOW, I'M HUNGRY
Old 12-28-2002, 05:18 PM   #10
Banned.

haha

i checked the records at artbell.com and guess what date this guy called in on?
9/11/97
weird or nor?
Old 12-28-2002, 05:19 PM   #11
Banned.

not nor

or not
Old 12-30-2002, 02:49 AM   #12
Level 4 - Thinker

Hmmm yeah...well.... I should've done the same thing if I were Tool. Look, back in 1966 John Lennon said The Beatles were bigger than Jesus. Then everyone was angry and stuff, burned records etc. etc., but in the long run he was right. It's the harsh reality, people, because once Abbey Road came out people discovered all the 'Paul Is Dead' clues and the whole nation was obsessed with it. It was The Beatles pulling a prank to prove that they were right! Did all the Beatles fans back then went to church every Sunday???? Think not!! Reality bites!

Some people are too easily led.
Old 01-08-2003, 04:42 AM   #13
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5
Hoax or not, I still find it interesting how the satelite broadcasting the show (or was it the satelite beaming the call?) had 'technical difficulties" and cut him off.
Old 01-08-2003, 05:16 AM   #14
derriere extraordinaire
(Winner, TTU #1)

Bincount™: 50
Re: George Bush

the necronomicon is not real. it was invented by howard phillip lovecraft as a fictional reference for his journalistic characters in his weird tales. "call of chthulhu" is the first to mention it, i believe.

basically, check your sources before you push them as real... i saw that and had to question everything else you said (more than usual, that is :)
Old 01-08-2003, 09:55 AM   #15
Banned.

the sumerian words in the necronmicon are real. i never said the book is fact
Old 01-08-2003, 03:15 PM   #16
derriere extraordinaire
(Winner, TTU #1)

Bincount™: 50
i don't mean the content of the book is fake, i mean the existance of it is. the necronomicon never existed until it was used as a fictional reference in h.p. lovecraft's writing. even then it was nothing more than a word in his story, and he never went so far as to write a necronomicon. basically, there were no sumerian words in it because it's not real. if anyone took the lovecraft idea and wrote something they called necronomicon, it is not even a century old, so if it does contain something said to be ancient it's very questionable.

where did you hear about this? if you have a copy of it, you should know it's just a work of fiction and cannot be trusted. be careful of what you allow yourself to believe, the world is full of liars.
Old 01-08-2003, 03:46 PM   #17
Banned.

Check out Zecharia Zitchin's books and maybe some Morbid Angel lyrics for authentic Sumerian words.
Old 01-08-2003, 03:54 PM   #18
Banned.

i meant sitchin
Old 01-18-2003, 10:57 PM   #19
Level 3 - Talker

Re: haha

Quote:
Originally posted by George Bush Sr.
9/11/97
weird or not?
not. now that that date is significant in our mind, everything that has happened on that certain day for the last 2000 years seems to pop up as weird or symbolic or whatnot.

it's like this book i saw in Costco the other day by some guy claiming that the bible predicted what would happen on sept. 11, 2001. i tell yeah, there are some real fucking idiots on this planet.
Old 01-19-2003, 10:14 AM   #20
Banned.

still, what a date to call in on, not knowing what the future would hold
Old 01-19-2003, 10:17 AM   #21
Banned.

i do not think it is weird either and if anyone is going to call me a fucking idiot, it's me. Thanks.
Old 01-30-2003, 09:32 AM   #22
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 18
too deep

maybee the call was put on there for the emotion of the caller and not so much what he was saying?
Old 01-30-2003, 12:55 PM   #23
Level 4 - Thinker

First time I heard it, it sounded like a message from the future, simular as in the movie "Prince of darkness".

So, it could've just been a work of art to acheive such a message. Perhaps to try to have people listen to what he is really saying? Because of the hard time of understandig what he is saying, everybody heard and tried to understand the words. And if it was true or a hoax, the message is there. Because I think that there is an area 51(government) that keeps info from us, and there is aliën life in our universe.
and those who matter don't mind.

Last edited by Mamasita; 01-30-2003 at 01:00 PM..
Old 01-30-2003, 02:46 PM   #24
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2
Re: haha

Quote:
Originally posted by George Bush Sr.
9/11/97
weird or nor?

So this means that anyone making a call on 9/11/XX (XX is a year before 2001) was really predicting the future? Well actually I guess you did narrow it down that it was only for prank calls or calls about bad things coming. No one ever makes one of those and if they do they would think that it was a bad idea to make them on 9/11/XX because they know the future.

Maybe we should stop looking for prophecies in Tool's track numbers and lyrics. It would be cool if that was what they were trying to do. But it's most likely not. You people are looking for the wrong things.
Old 01-31-2003, 07:32 PM   #25
Banned.

Bincount™: 378
If any of you have listened to Art Bell's show(George Noory now), you would know that these kind of calls happen regularly. The fact that it happened on 9/11 is not very strange.

I'm not sure if this is what Fruitbar was trying to say. I couldn't understand him.
Old 02-03-2003, 05:28 AM   #26
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5
Pick virtually any day of the year and you'll find that something interesting happened on that date somewhere along the line.
Old 02-04-2003, 08:22 PM   #27
Level 2 - Poster

Re: look..

Quote:
Originally posted by Nemgod
Of course tool would do this to arouse curiosity, however, by a rumor saying that the people were "hypnotized" thats just plain ridiculous. I personally dont know where to stand on it. Developing a conclusion about the radio excerpt is very difficult. Instead of hypnotizing, maybe the people were forced to simply call in and say its a hoax, or maybe it wasnt even the same person at all. If i remember what i read correctly, the power was shut off to that entire block. That would take some connections for a big prank to be pulled like that...and why would you come out and say its a hoax? that would take all the fun out of it. Anyway, Im sure that when that person said that on the radio show, that all the listeners felt changed, and were witness to something they found to be amazing and revolutionary. Maybe thats what tool was trying to do for us, the listeners. If i hadn't read the FAQ, i would still be wondering about that, and where it came from. It seems that tool always has a desire to spark interest in their listeners. This adds to the mystery of the band, and helps focus on the music...not who the people are or where they live (like the people seen on MTV Cribs). I know i got really off subject on this...but my bottom line is that it could easily be seen as both, no one is right here because no one knows the person who did it.
remember orson welles people he anounced to the entire listening majority with his 20-40min speil entitled "war of the worlds" of an alien invasion and do you know what happened mass panic across all fronts of travel the power of communication still amazes me
Old 02-24-2003, 11:13 AM   #28
Banned.

me niether
Old 03-03-2003, 05:21 AM   #29
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 16
The real reason behing Fiaap de Oiad

I think the real reason they put that on there was me, and all in my altered state of conscience thanks in part to psychotropic induced extension of my multi-dimensional attenea array of the mind.

Once upon a time, back before 9/11 and things seemed on the up and up, Tool's album had just came out. I didn't want to listen to it in bits and pieces, but rather listen to it in it's entirety, because Tool is after all something to be relished. Anyway, the chance to juke it didn't come till that weekend. So anyhow, being a weekend and being a responsible drug-user (as should you, the more of us who get responsible with it, the faster it'll get legalized) I waited until then, got stoned out of my mind, and put the album on. Anyhow, I got bored and decided to clean my room while I was listening to the album. A new Tool album coming out and my room being cleaned- these two things happen at about the same rate so I figured what the hell, let's make this a blue-moon gala. Anyway, Triad goes off and I figure that the CD has stopped. I'm sitting in the middle of the room and suddenly Fiaap de Oiad comes on. Now I'm oblivious to the fact this is TOOL on my CD player and not expecting what was to come. Anyhow, suddenly this asshole comes on the speakers and I'm not sure if the radio somehow kicked on or what. All I know is this weirdo is freaking me the fuck out talking about this stuff, when I'm all alone, I'm stoned, and it's at night and stuff. Then it all dawns on me what just happened and then I laughed. The power of belief creating perception. A bunch of phenomenological Hiedeger shit. Tool reminding me that belief creates perception creates reality. Or as the wise Robert Anton Wilson "What the believer believes, the prover proves."
Old 03-11-2003, 09:18 AM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

So true.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Timothy
Pick virtually any day of the year and you'll find that something interesting happened on that date somewhere along the line.
Nobody gives a shit about December 7, 1941 the date of another terrorist attack on the US.

The problem is we're all so young and all you guys were asleep in history class, nobody can think beyond the past 20 years it seems.

This album was released prior to 9/11 and aside from Ashcroft, Bush, German intelligence, The FBI and a few instructors in some flight school classes in the south west nobody had any premonition that this attack would happen.

I think by adding this track, TooL is challenging us to question what's going on in the world nowadays.

Why is everything so fucked up, it doesn't make sense, is there some other force working against us or are we all really stupid enough to destroy ourselves and our planet?

Lateralus is not a pre 9/11 conspiracy theory album. Let it go.
Old 03-11-2003, 12:55 PM   #31
Banned.

Bincount™: 3
Belief

While reading this post, i was frankly disgusted at the things people have said about others' posts just because they may not be exactly what Tool had in mind, but before you even enter the Opinion section it says that "this is what it means to you" and not the band (as if we even know what THEY meant), maybe you should open up your mind a little bit more before you count the things someone has to say wrong in an OPINION SECTION (by def. an opinion cannot be wrong) .

Tool probably included the piece because it has to do with the "Authority" (in this case the government) trying to make people more easily controllable which seems to be one of their main themes.

As with everything, it's pure speculation. Maybe wrong maybe not, and not your decision either way.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: