Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Spring 2012
User Name
Password
merkaboy
01-27-2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumble View Post
Ya he seemed pretty bummed but everyone cheered really loud at the same time so I was hoping it hid the error enough that he didn't feel we held it against him. He missed one of the ending verses too probably because of the voice cracking, "staring down the hole again" until "remember I'll always love you" it was also kind of a bummer that he changed up the "you still love me, but you didn't need to pushit on me" I mean I get songs change with time but the music was still really heavy so the long breaks before his next beat felt a little out of place to me. I of course am just being incredibly picky with my favourite tool song and still feel like I can now die a happy man finally having seen it performed. Even with having taken a bit of a break from tool the last few years they still got that Boom Boom Pow. I love those men.
that's not how it's worded on the album, but what did he change it to?

8/21/98 * 8/5/01 * 8/6/01 * 8/7/01 * 8/8/01 * 11/6/01 * 11/8/01 * 7/20/02 * 10/2/02 * 10/3/02 * 5/2/06 * 8/27/06 * 12/4/07 * 12/5/07 * 12/7/07 * 12/8/07 * 7/19/09 * 6/28/10 * 6/29/10 * 7/9/10 * 7/10/10 * 7/13/10
Old 01-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #41
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.25.2012 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumble View Post
Ya he seemed pretty bummed but everyone cheered really loud at the same time so I was hoping it hid the error enough that he didn't feel we held it against him. He missed one of the ending verses too probably because of the voice cracking, "staring down the hole again" until "remember I'll always love you" it was also kind of a bummer that he changed up the "you still love me, but you didn't need to pushit on me" I mean I get songs change with time but the music was still really heavy so the long breaks before his next beat felt a little out of place to me. I of course am just being incredibly picky with my favourite tool song and still feel like I can now die a happy man finally having seen it performed. Even with having taken a bit of a break from tool the last few years they still got that Boom Boom Pow. I love those men.
that's not how it's worded on the album, but what did he change it to?

8/21/98 * 8/5/01 * 8/6/01 * 8/7/01 * 8/8/01 * 11/6/01 * 11/8/01 * 7/20/02 * 10/2/02 * 10/3/02 * 5/2/06 * 8/27/06 * 12/4/07 * 12/5/07 * 12/7/07 * 12/8/07 * 7/19/09 * 6/28/10 * 6/29/10 * 7/9/10 * 7/10/10 * 7/13/10
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
xrox
01-27-2012, 09:32 PM

My experience was 95% positive. The 5% negative was the directional dead sound areas in the ACC, being too far away (sect 105), and constant interruptions from security and douches in the crowd. Not sure if the dead sound areas were due to standing waves (position) or clipping (time)???

IMO the show was absolutely amazing with great sound (if seated in the right location) and visuals. Unlike a few of you I thought the entire band including Maynard sounded strong.

Regarding some of the specific negative reviews from this or other shows about Maynards behaviour/mood I have a few comments:

“Maynard is not into it” or “Maynard left the stage early” or “Maynard didn’t speak to us”
It would have upset me if he actually sounded terrible or screwed up on a continuous basis. Fortunately he sounded amazing and made few errors. I don’t give a flying F$#K how he looks or acts as long as I hear that vocals and music I know and love. I pay for the music and visuals, not the bullshit crowd/band connection.

“Maynard stays in the shadows”
Where have you been the last 10 years? Of course he does. I honestly think it is cool and if he was out front wasted and flailing around like typical lead vocals I probably wouldn’t like TOOL as much as I do. I think the instruments forward layout is unique and a part of the mystique. I LOVE IT!!!!!

“Maynard hates his fans”
Again where have you been? Of course he does. He has stated so in interviews. He considers most TOOL fans cretans. I completely agree with him. Fan base is ripe with douches for some reason.

“Maynard does it for the money”
Have to disagree. If all the complainers stopped paying for TOOL products Maynard would probably be a happy guy. It is more likely that he is doing it for his bandmates which may be worse. Maybe his leaving the stage early every show is due to some tension between them. That would suck.

“Maynard’s voice is old and cracking”
Sure his voice cracks now and then. He has given interviews where he has stated that he could barely sing these songs when he originally wrote them so many years ago. I’m perfectly happy hearing the vast majority of the vocals near perfect unlike most other band lead vocals which IMO are solidly awful live compared to Maynared at his worst.

“TOOL is better off without Maynard”
That is asinine to say the least. How do you expect that to turn out? Please explain.

Regarding the Setlist:

I did not go to the show to see a particular song. I guess it depends how much of a fan you are of the band but for me I can’t imagine letting the absence or inclusion of one song ruin my experience with TOOL. Other bands, YES. Just not TOOL.

Also, checking the setlist from the Tour page I 100% expected the 1st show in Ontario to include Sober and Parabola IMO. I was hoping for the full 12 song setlist but lost parabol.
However, to be honest this Tour itself was a surprise and a treat and I’m EXTREMELY thankful to have it come to Toronto.

I hope I get to see them again.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:32 PM   #42
Level 1 - Lurker

My experience was 95% positive. The 5% negative was the directional dead sound areas in the ACC, being too far away (sect 105), and constant interruptions from security and douches in the crowd. Not sure if the dead sound areas were due to standing waves (position) or clipping (time)???

IMO the show was absolutely amazing with great sound (if seated in the right location) and visuals. Unlike a few of you I thought the entire band including Maynard sounded strong.

Regarding some of the specific negative reviews from this or other shows about Maynards behaviour/mood I have a few comments:

“Maynard is not into it” or “Maynard left the stage early” or “Maynard didn’t speak to us”
It would have upset me if he actually sounded terrible or screwed up on a continuous basis. Fortunately he sounded amazing and made few errors. I don’t give a flying F$#K how he looks or acts as long as I hear that vocals and music I know and love. I pay for the music and visuals, not the bullshit crowd/band connection.

“Maynard stays in the shadows”
Where have you been the last 10 years? Of course he does. I honestly think it is cool and if he was out front wasted and flailing around like typical lead vocals I probably wouldn’t like TOOL as much as I do. I think the instruments forward layout is unique and a part of the mystique. I LOVE IT!!!!!

“Maynard hates his fans”
Again where have you been? Of course he does. He has stated so in interviews. He considers most TOOL fans cretans. I completely agree with him. Fan base is ripe with douches for some reason.

“Maynard does it for the money”
Have to disagree. If all the complainers stopped paying for TOOL products Maynard would probably be a happy guy. It is more likely that he is doing it for his bandmates which may be worse. Maybe his leaving the stage early every show is due to some tension between them. That would suck.

“Maynard’s voice is old and cracking”
Sure his voice cracks now and then. He has given interviews where he has stated that he could barely sing these songs when he originally wrote them so many years ago. I’m perfectly happy hearing the vast majority of the vocals near perfect unlike most other band lead vocals which IMO are solidly awful live compared to Maynared at his worst.

“TOOL is better off without Maynard”
That is asinine to say the least. How do you expect that to turn out? Please explain.

Regarding the Setlist:

I did not go to the show to see a particular song. I guess it depends how much of a fan you are of the band but for me I can’t imagine letting the absence or inclusion of one song ruin my experience with TOOL. Other bands, YES. Just not TOOL.

Also, checking the setlist from the Tour page I 100% expected the 1st show in Ontario to include Sober and Parabola IMO. I was hoping for the full 12 song setlist but lost parabol.
However, to be honest this Tour itself was a surprise and a treat and I’m EXTREMELY thankful to have it come to Toronto.

I hope I get to see them again.
xrox
01-27-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegean_okra View Post
you probably don't want to watch any shows from about 2002 back, then ;)
I said "as much" LOL. Some of the old shows he looks completely out of it but still manages to nail the song.

I still much prefer the current set up but ideally I wouldn't mind some Maynard moves mixed in.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:08 PM   #43
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegean_okra View Post
you probably don't want to watch any shows from about 2002 back, then ;)
I said "as much" LOL. Some of the old shows he looks completely out of it but still manages to nail the song.

I still much prefer the current set up but ideally I wouldn't mind some Maynard moves mixed in.
Croma
01-28-2012, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eighteenth Eye View Post
I had the EXACT same experience right down to the video screens in front of Danny. Were you in 118.

Teasing Ticks and switching to boring old Sober was a major letdown and it kind of tainted the rest of the show for me as I have seen every other song besides Ticks and Leeches before many times. It was what I was most looking forward to.

Pot > Parabola (w/o Parabol)
Ticks >>>> Sober

Still had a great time and even a slightly disappointing Tool show is better than any other band going. Wish I was going to London to see Ticks tonight :(
No no no....... Parabola>>>> the Pot. The Pot is the most overrated Tool song ever. I think the band never released a video for it because The Pot could have become their big sell out single. Thankfully, they released it radio only and have played it rarely at shows. Besides, it doesn't sound that good downtuned. I was lucky enough to hear The Pot in its original tuning at Bonnaroo 2007. You are right about Ticks though, Ticks and Leeches is arguably the most rare awesome treat this tour, kinda like Third Eye was last tour. Thank you for changing up the setlist Tool!
Old 01-28-2012, 12:25 AM   #44
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eighteenth Eye View Post
I had the EXACT same experience right down to the video screens in front of Danny. Were you in 118.

Teasing Ticks and switching to boring old Sober was a major letdown and it kind of tainted the rest of the show for me as I have seen every other song besides Ticks and Leeches before many times. It was what I was most looking forward to.

Pot > Parabola (w/o Parabol)
Ticks >>>> Sober

Still had a great time and even a slightly disappointing Tool show is better than any other band going. Wish I was going to London to see Ticks tonight :(
No no no....... Parabola>>>> the Pot. The Pot is the most overrated Tool song ever. I think the band never released a video for it because The Pot could have become their big sell out single. Thankfully, they released it radio only and have played it rarely at shows. Besides, it doesn't sound that good downtuned. I was lucky enough to hear The Pot in its original tuning at Bonnaroo 2007. You are right about Ticks though, Ticks and Leeches is arguably the most rare awesome treat this tour, kinda like Third Eye was last tour. Thank you for changing up the setlist Tool!
PeeterH
01-28-2012, 02:21 PM

Just got back to Newfoundland after spending a couple of days in Toronto after seeing my first Tool show and hopefully not the last. Having never seen them before I dont have any complaints about the setlist, would have loved to see Third Eye, but Sober is one of my favorite songs of all time so I was glad to finally see it performed live, never thought I would get the chance. I was in section 118, row 26, it was pretty side on to the stage but the sound was good I thought, the vocals were a little low at first and at points throughout but the crowd filled in. Lots of weed smoke around me, I was very surprised no one got static from security for that, sorry to hear about the person who was thrown out because of other people smoking, not cool. I didnt even notice Maynards voice cracking during Pushit, I was too wrapped in holy shit Im watching one of my favorite bands of all time. The crowd around me was cool, every one was in good spirits. Was a little late getting there so I didnt get a chance to get to the meet up, but I snagged one of the regular tour posters, the ink still smells horrid but its awesome.

Anyways, thumbs up from me, definitely worth the trip and glad I got to see them.

Last edited by PeeterH; 01-28-2012 at 02:22 PM..
Old 01-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #45
Level 1 - Lurker

Just got back to Newfoundland after spending a couple of days in Toronto after seeing my first Tool show and hopefully not the last. Having never seen them before I dont have any complaints about the setlist, would have loved to see Third Eye, but Sober is one of my favorite songs of all time so I was glad to finally see it performed live, never thought I would get the chance. I was in section 118, row 26, it was pretty side on to the stage but the sound was good I thought, the vocals were a little low at first and at points throughout but the crowd filled in. Lots of weed smoke around me, I was very surprised no one got static from security for that, sorry to hear about the person who was thrown out because of other people smoking, not cool. I didnt even notice Maynards voice cracking during Pushit, I was too wrapped in holy shit Im watching one of my favorite bands of all time. The crowd around me was cool, every one was in good spirits. Was a little late getting there so I didnt get a chance to get to the meet up, but I snagged one of the regular tour posters, the ink still smells horrid but its awesome.

Anyways, thumbs up from me, definitely worth the trip and glad I got to see them.

Last edited by PeeterH; 01-28-2012 at 02:22 PM..
Shawsy
01-31-2012, 08:06 AM

My third Tool show and they were amazing again.

I have yet to see The Pot live, so I was a bit disappointed in that, but I was really happy to see Parabola.

If you look at setlists from other shows this tour, The Pot has not been a sure thing. They didn't play it in Toledo the night before, or in London, Boston or Camden in the following 3 shows.

If you ask me to choose between seeing Ticks & Leeches, or seeing Sober and Parabola, I go with Sober and Parabola. (That having been said I would prefer Ticks & Leeches AND The Pot.)

Sober is a much better song live than it is on the album. And Parabol/Parabola is among my favourites.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:06 AM   #46
Level 1 - Lurker

My third Tool show and they were amazing again.

I have yet to see The Pot live, so I was a bit disappointed in that, but I was really happy to see Parabola.

If you look at setlists from other shows this tour, The Pot has not been a sure thing. They didn't play it in Toledo the night before, or in London, Boston or Camden in the following 3 shows.

If you ask me to choose between seeing Ticks & Leeches, or seeing Sober and Parabola, I go with Sober and Parabola. (That having been said I would prefer Ticks & Leeches AND The Pot.)

Sober is a much better song live than it is on the album. And Parabol/Parabola is among my favourites.
sianspheric's Avatar sianspheric
01-31-2012, 02:13 PM

I'm still pretty happy we got Parabola AND Sober rather than just Ticks and Leeches.

It looks like they've dropped The Pot and shortened things from 11 songs down to 10. So there is no guarantee we would have gotten The Pot. I've never heard Ticks live and I love the drum part but to me hearing Parabola (even without Parabol) > Ticks. I saw Parabola last 10 years ago and it kicked serious ass last week. Hearing Sober also, was just a bonus.

Also the show got a great review from The Star. Well-written review too, Ben Rayner (the Star's music critic) got it spot on.

http://www.toronto.com/blog/post/711...he-best-tricks

Quote:
“We’re a little rusty,” warned Maynard James Keenan one number into Tool’s set at the Air Canada Centre on Wednesday night, which might have been the case but certainly didn’t spell disaster for the show that followed.

A rusty Tool, after all, is a more polished and precise instrument than 99 percent of its peers on the contemporary touring circuit, across all genres. The standard of musicianship required to navigate any one of the Los Angeles quartet’s labyrinthine prog-metal compositions would turn any player not fit for the task ashen with fear. A truly rusty Tool would fall apart very quickly. But Tool – which has issued just four albums and one EP in nearly 22 years of existence – has strict standards. A truly rusty Tool would never leave the rehearsal space.

Tool’s near-unapproachable might on the concert stage is, without a doubt, the reason why it could roll into town almost six years on from its last album, 2006’s 10,000 Days, and still lure a sellout crowd of 20,000 to the ACC for a performance forthrightly advertised as containing no new material. Wednesday’s set list, in fact, didn’t deviate significantly from the one the band brought to Toronto for a third go-’round at the Molson Amphitheatre in August of 2009, the last time Tool came to town touring little but the vaguest suggestion of another studio album. True, there were some stunning new digital visuals interspersed with the usual, spiralling Alex Grey acid mindf---ery and guitarist Adam Jones’s timeless (and still quite disturbing) animated video clips for “Stinkfist,” “Sober” and “Schism” on the LED screens, but fresh stoner eye candy shouldn’t be confused with a display of wanton spontaneity. I’m pretty sure even the dude who got pulled onstage for a drum duel with the superhuman Danny Carey during a climactic pre-encore assault “Lateralus” was sometime Crystal Castles timekeeper Chris Chartrand, exactly the same surprise guest as the last time.

“Who won?” demanded Keenan after the drum-battle racket had subsided, adding after an expertly timed pause: “We all win.”

We all did, too. Apart from a slightly ill-tuned and uncharacteristically tentative slug at Aenima’s “Pushit” – one of those minor set-list deviations I was talking about, and the night’s only real betrayal of rustiness – early in the evening, it had been a fairly faultless slow burn through the aforementioned weirdo “hits” (“Stinkfist,” “Sober,” “Schism”) and the odd, involved epic (“Forty Six & 2”) to the molten, multi-staged musical and visual excesses of “Lateralus.”

During that tune, a scissoring array of lasers was brought in to augment the 18 blazing video screens that had kept eyes popping all night long, and we were well on our way to full sensory overload. After that, Tool didn’t even need to be onstage to keep the crowd enthralled. We willingly watched a couple of guys in the mixing booth play a round of Atari’s Asteroids on the rear-stage screen while a barrage of cycling, electronic ambience droned on through the PA for seven or eight minutes. Then Tool re-emerged to murder us with “Parabola” and a final, ferocious, gratuitously multimediated version of “Aenima” and there was zero doubt left as to who was in charge. The entire ACC was going off in a manner bordering on violent. The old tricks are the best tricks, I guess. It would be nice if Tool came back with a taste of something new the next time around, but it’s probably not essential.

Last edited by sianspheric; 01-31-2012 at 02:16 PM..
Old 01-31-2012, 02:13 PM   #47
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 174

I'm still pretty happy we got Parabola AND Sober rather than just Ticks and Leeches.

It looks like they've dropped The Pot and shortened things from 11 songs down to 10. So there is no guarantee we would have gotten The Pot. I've never heard Ticks live and I love the drum part but to me hearing Parabola (even without Parabol) > Ticks. I saw Parabola last 10 years ago and it kicked serious ass last week. Hearing Sober also, was just a bonus.

Also the show got a great review from The Star. Well-written review too, Ben Rayner (the Star's music critic) got it spot on.

http://www.toronto.com/blog/post/711...he-best-tricks

Quote:
“We’re a little rusty,” warned Maynard James Keenan one number into Tool’s set at the Air Canada Centre on Wednesday night, which might have been the case but certainly didn’t spell disaster for the show that followed.

A rusty Tool, after all, is a more polished and precise instrument than 99 percent of its peers on the contemporary touring circuit, across all genres. The standard of musicianship required to navigate any one of the Los Angeles quartet’s labyrinthine prog-metal compositions would turn any player not fit for the task ashen with fear. A truly rusty Tool would fall apart very quickly. But Tool – which has issued just four albums and one EP in nearly 22 years of existence – has strict standards. A truly rusty Tool would never leave the rehearsal space.

Tool’s near-unapproachable might on the concert stage is, without a doubt, the reason why it could roll into town almost six years on from its last album, 2006’s 10,000 Days, and still lure a sellout crowd of 20,000 to the ACC for a performance forthrightly advertised as containing no new material. Wednesday’s set list, in fact, didn’t deviate significantly from the one the band brought to Toronto for a third go-’round at the Molson Amphitheatre in August of 2009, the last time Tool came to town touring little but the vaguest suggestion of another studio album. True, there were some stunning new digital visuals interspersed with the usual, spiralling Alex Grey acid mindf---ery and guitarist Adam Jones’s timeless (and still quite disturbing) animated video clips for “Stinkfist,” “Sober” and “Schism” on the LED screens, but fresh stoner eye candy shouldn’t be confused with a display of wanton spontaneity. I’m pretty sure even the dude who got pulled onstage for a drum duel with the superhuman Danny Carey during a climactic pre-encore assault “Lateralus” was sometime Crystal Castles timekeeper Chris Chartrand, exactly the same surprise guest as the last time.

“Who won?” demanded Keenan after the drum-battle racket had subsided, adding after an expertly timed pause: “We all win.”

We all did, too. Apart from a slightly ill-tuned and uncharacteristically tentative slug at Aenima’s “Pushit” – one of those minor set-list deviations I was talking about, and the night’s only real betrayal of rustiness – early in the evening, it had been a fairly faultless slow burn through the aforementioned weirdo “hits” (“Stinkfist,” “Sober,” “Schism”) and the odd, involved epic (“Forty Six & 2”) to the molten, multi-staged musical and visual excesses of “Lateralus.”

During that tune, a scissoring array of lasers was brought in to augment the 18 blazing video screens that had kept eyes popping all night long, and we were well on our way to full sensory overload. After that, Tool didn’t even need to be onstage to keep the crowd enthralled. We willingly watched a couple of guys in the mixing booth play a round of Atari’s Asteroids on the rear-stage screen while a barrage of cycling, electronic ambience droned on through the PA for seven or eight minutes. Then Tool re-emerged to murder us with “Parabola” and a final, ferocious, gratuitously multimediated version of “Aenima” and there was zero doubt left as to who was in charge. The entire ACC was going off in a manner bordering on violent. The old tricks are the best tricks, I guess. It would be nice if Tool came back with a taste of something new the next time around, but it’s probably not essential.

Last edited by sianspheric; 01-31-2012 at 02:16 PM..
xrox
02-01-2012, 12:46 PM

My offhand remark about a "schism" between Maynard and the rest of the band explaining his early departure from the stage was just an afterthought really. However I will admit that the highly questionable source from the other thread, offering confirmation of this schism, has got me wondering.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #48
Level 1 - Lurker

My offhand remark about a "schism" between Maynard and the rest of the band explaining his early departure from the stage was just an afterthought really. However I will admit that the highly questionable source from the other thread, offering confirmation of this schism, has got me wondering.
Stradlater's Avatar Stradlater
02-01-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrox View Post
What source? Now I am curious.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #49
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrox View Post
xrox
02-02-2012, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradlater View Post
Uncasville thread post 11. If the story is true then the source is a hotel manager LOL.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:13 AM   #50
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradlater View Post
Uncasville thread post 11. If the story is true then the source is a hotel manager LOL.
Eighteenth Eye's Avatar Eighteenth Eye
02-02-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croma View Post
No no no....... Parabola>>>> the Pot.
I agree that the song is better...much better. I have seen Parabola 3 times before, still never seen the Pot performed live. That is why I said that. Sorry for the confusion :)
Old 02-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #51
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croma View Post
No no no....... Parabola>>>> the Pot.
I agree that the song is better...much better. I have seen Parabola 3 times before, still never seen the Pot performed live. That is why I said that. Sorry for the confusion :)
Capt. Sith Park's Avatar Capt. Sith Park
05-25-2012, 04:27 AM

Hello everyone (i recognize a few familiar names) Made it back in here .. Haven't been since Aug of '09 .. Went and saw this show, stood in section 117 .. Danny is still (and shall always be) Killer!

"There's ppl who defend your borders, There's ppl who work on your plumbing, but the ppl who make your life worth living are the ppl who celebrate the freedom 2 b able 2 express yourself and have enjoyment of song and dance" - MJK
Old 05-25-2012, 04:27 AM   #52
Level 7 - Loquacious

Hello everyone (i recognize a few familiar names) Made it back in here .. Haven't been since Aug of '09 .. Went and saw this show, stood in section 117 .. Danny is still (and shall always be) Killer!

"There's ppl who defend your borders, There's ppl who work on your plumbing, but the ppl who make your life worth living are the ppl who celebrate the freedom 2 b able 2 express yourself and have enjoyment of song and dance" - MJK
dontrickle
03-21-2013, 05:13 PM

I'm not sure how to take any of the comments on this topic..? I felt the shows in London & T.O. were anything but great. Don't get me wrong, I love tool. I think the rust...if you will, was very thick, for a lack of better words. It was more like they were trying to remember how they "used" to play those songs. I think Maynard nailed it when he said "I'm tired of yelling. I don't want to yell anymore". I love Tool and I will always love Tool. When the band stops being in it for the music that's when they lose me. More mistakes in the music were made in both the London show and the T.O. show.... so much so it was to the point of listening to a bad cover. If your heart is no longer in it than quit and say good night.

Last edited by dontrickle; 03-21-2013 at 05:14 PM..
Old 03-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #53
Level 1 - Lurker

I'm not sure how to take any of the comments on this topic..? I felt the shows in London & T.O. were anything but great. Don't get me wrong, I love tool. I think the rust...if you will, was very thick, for a lack of better words. It was more like they were trying to remember how they "used" to play those songs. I think Maynard nailed it when he said "I'm tired of yelling. I don't want to yell anymore". I love Tool and I will always love Tool. When the band stops being in it for the music that's when they lose me. More mistakes in the music were made in both the London show and the T.O. show.... so much so it was to the point of listening to a bad cover. If your heart is no longer in it than quit and say good night.

Last edited by dontrickle; 03-21-2013 at 05:14 PM..

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply